I'm looking for
Search results for ""
Audit Assistant Manager - National Markets Nottingham
Service Line: Audit
Vacation Audit ACA / CA - Empowered Nottingham July 2020
Service Line: Audit ACA / CA - Empowered
Senior Manager - Claims & Incentives, Tax - Nottingham or Birmingham
Service Line: Claims and Incentives
Manager - External Audit - Nottingham
Service Line: Audit
Apprenticeships Audit - Apprenticeship Programme Nottingham Autumn 2020
Service Line: Audit - Apprenticeship Programme
Roles and Responsibilities
Planning and project managing all aspects of external audits including:
Staffing Risk assessment Systems, controls and substantive testing (including audits of consolidations and statutory accounts)
Ensuring projects comply with KPMG and International Auditing Standards
Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager and partner
Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
Report writing for Audit Committees and management
Identification of ways to differentiate KPMG - how can we bring new and innovative ideas to our clients
Qualifications and Skills
ACA, ACCA qualified or recognised equivalent
previous external audit experience gained in at least a Top 10 or mid-tier accountancy firm
Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Must be able to demonstrate a good and detailed working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
Experience and Background
We think our people really stand out from the crowd. We are looking for equally exceptional people with the following skills and characteristics to join us:
Ability to think big picture, out of the box
Strong technical skills
Accountability and decision making ability
Attention to detail, organised with a commitment to quality
Willingness to take on additional responsibility and opportunities and a commitment to personal development
Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
Relationship building skills
Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Programme Length:
- 4 weeks
- Entry Requirements:
As a general rule, you’ll be expected to meet the following requirements (*or equivalents)
- Minimum Grade B GCSE* Maths
- Minimum Grade B GCSE* English Language
- Minimum of 300 UCAS* tariff points
On track to achieve a 2:1 degree in any discipline and currently in your penultimate year at university.
Please note that we only consider a candidate's 'top' 3 A-Level grades and do not accept General Studies.
At KPMG, we look at more than just your academic results. We will review your application, together with your performance in our assessments, to ensure that you have the best opportunity to demonstrate your potential. We will be considering your strengths and achievements alongside a number of other metrics, including technical background and/or experience, to ensure that you have the skills to succeed at KPMG.
- Key Skills:
Throughout the recruitment process we will be looking to learn more about your strengths.
To be successful on this programme, you will be required to demonstrate the strengths that we look for at KPMG.
Learn more about what we look for and how to apply here.
KPMG’s National R&D tax relief team is part of our wider Corporate Tax department, where staff have the opportunity to develop relationships with clients, to help develop clients’ tax strategies and help manage the amount of corporation tax they need to pay. This involves working with clients to produce complex tax claims, computations and returns for HM Revenue & Customs, giving advice on corporate planning and restructuring projects and finding ways to manage their effective rate of tax as appropriate to their business.
Our R&D team in the Midlands is looking for a Senior Manager with experience of preparing claims. The role sits in our National Markets Midlands Regions service line, and works with the national R&D Tax practicel to accelerate the growth of our business. You will be required to use your knowledge of R&D tax incentives to help our clients in make claims for R&D Tax relief across a wide spectrum of industry sectors. The role will may involve some travel to attend meetings at client sites.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Prepare summary descriptions of the work being undertaken within complex projects in straightforward language that is clear to understand to be submitted to the HMRC.
- Work with HMRC specialists to facilitate the agreement of R&D claims.
- Manage client claim projects and to manage conflicting resourcing requirements between projects.
- Leading by example in terms of client relationships, technical quality and service delivery
- Work with senior staff at our clients to identify qualifying projects and expenditure.
- Deliver comprehensive proposals and taking part in presentations
- Leading complex projects
- Leading people including coaching and developing junior staff.
- Build an internal network within the wider tax practice of the firm
- Help to establish and maintain strong client relationships with both existing and new clients
Qualifications and Skills:
- Science or technical degree to 2.1 level preferred.
- Experience of preparing R&D claims.
- Tax technical knowledge of the UK’s R&D tax incentives
- Broader knowledge of wider tax issues
- Experience in reviewing preparations and submissions of R&D tax relief claims
- Experience in dealing with and building relationships with senior employees within HMRC.
- Identifies, leads and pursues business opportunities
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own and team’s work
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team
- Continuously learns from experiences and encourages this across the team.
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities for self and others
- Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback.
- Coaches less experienced staff
- Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
- Brings incite and effectively applies knowledge to business and client problems
- Identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and makes decisions with appropriate consultation
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external)
In the UK, KPMG audits more listed companies than any other professional services firm. Our success and reputation rests upon the quality and integrity of our services - not to mention our people. Rest assured; you will be working as a highly valued member of our 3,000 strong UK Audit practice.
We are looking for qualified accountants with Manager level experience to join the audit practice in our Nottingham office.
Our client base is from a wide range of business sectors, ranging in size from owner-managed businesses to multi-national organisations. As an audit manager you will get to work with a wide range of clients within a cross functional office. Many of our clients are international and have subsidiaries all over the world, giving our work a truly global perspective.
Manage and deliver external audit engagements from planning through to completion. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include:
- To manage engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KAM requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
- Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KAM and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
- Direct, coach and mentor Assistant Managers to assist them in the effective delivery of engagements and the direction of their subordinates ensuring cost effective, timely completion and effective service delivery to the required standard on each engagement
- Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
- Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
- Assist the Senior Manager and Director in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
- Preparation of reports to senior management and audit committees
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Must have at least Manager experience in an External Audit role gained in a Big 4 Accounting firm
- Must have knowledge and experience of external auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audit, review of statutory accounts and disclosures.
- Must demonstrate sound working knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP.
- Must demonstrate developed supervisory skills including coaching and motivation
- Must be professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body, ACA, ACCA or CPA or country equivalent
Opening date 19th November 2019
Closing date 19th December 2019
Competitive salary and negotiable benefits
- Programme Length:
- 5 years
- You will work towards Level 7 ACA or CA qualification
- Entry Requirements:
Standard entry requirements - UK
- Minimum 5 GCSEs Grades A*- C or 4 - 9 (inc. Maths and English Language)
- Minimum of 104 UCAS points* under the 2017 tariff point system (e.g. BCC at A Level or equivalent qualifications)
Standard entry requirements - Scotland
- Minimum of 5 National 5 qualifications at Grades 1-3 (inc. Maths and English, or equivalent)
- Minimum of 104 new UCAS tariff points at Higher/Advanced Higher Level
We only consider a candidate’s top 3 A-Level grades, and do not accept General Studies.
- Key Skills:
- Able to work collaboratively and can build positive, constructive business relationships
- Take accountability for delivering high quality, accurate work
- Self-motivated and can organise own workload to ensure effective delivery of engagements and projects
- Strives to continually improve
- Curious about businesses and enjoys working with data
- Forward-thinking and keen to learn and understand regulation
- Able to follow clear process in a regulated environment