I'm looking for
Search results for "Valuations"
Assistant Manager - Corporate Finance - Valuations
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Associate Director: Credit Pricing & Analytics
Service Line: Transaction Services
Manager – Corporate Treasury Services
Service Line: Audit
Senior Manager - Modelling
Service Line: MC Technology
Assistant Manager - Power & Utilities - Finance
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Manager - Energy Transition Strategy, Power and Utilities
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Construction and maintenance of financial and valuation models.
- Design, perform and interprets advanced financial analysis with minimal guidance.
- Perform research as required into clients/industries/other and share findings in a well-presented manner to the Engagement Team.
- Brief, manage, prioritise and review the work of one or more junior colleagues including our offshore team.
- Works with Engagement Leaders to take responsibility for ensuring project planning, monitoring and administration is completed in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Day-to-day contact with the client including attending client meetings and drafting client communications.
- Using own initiative and sound judgement to identify key issues and client needs, developing suggested valuation methodologies and approach, elevating and consulting with other team members as required.
- Producing written reports tailored to client’s specific needs and requirements on the project.
- Clearly presents key issues from analysis to the clients as well as presenting at internal department meetings.
- Takes responsibility for one or more team initiatives.
- Actively supports the team in relationship management initiatives for business development initiatives. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- ACA or equivalent qualification.
- At least 2 years of experience using a range of valuation exercises and methodologies including Capital Asset Pricing Model, Income approach (Discounted Cash Flow), Market approach, Cost approach and Purchase Price Allocations.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Working knowledge of S&P Capital IQ, ThompsonOne would be beneficial?
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to deliver high quality analysis and report drafts.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Display a team ethos with a collaborative approach to executing work.
- Strongly rated self-starter who demonstrates initiative and confidence.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proven record of getting quickly up to speed and gain in-depth understanding of the business. operations, the industry and the economy in question.
- Prioritisation, time management and planning are a key skill for this role.
Credit Pricing & Analytics is a new team within KPMG’s Financial Services Deal Advisory practice, specialising in credit portfolio valuation and advanced analytics across credit asset classes (eg. mortgages, credit cards, leasing, asset finance, NPLs, CRE, shipping, aviation, etc).
The team undertakes transaction related work on both the buy and sell side, as well as non-transaction related credit valuation support roles:
- Buy/sell side valuations for portfolios as part of banking due diligence engagements
- Structured finance and securitisation modelling and structure optimisation
- Forward flow / joint-venture valuations and due-diligence
- Acquisition/disposal related capital and funding modelling (eg. securitisation, SRT, ROE analysis, etc.)
- Credit Valuation Support: Valuation for Resolution, Recovery Planning, Stress Testing, Audit Assist
The Credit Pricing & Analytics team works for clients across financial services – banks, funds, lending platforms, insurance companies, fintechs and payment services providers – both directly and alongside colleagues as part of a multi-disciplinary team. The team aims to become a global centre of excellence, supporting the UK business and member firms internationally.
As an Associate Director in Credit Pricing & Analytics you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of engagements and supporting the delivery of strategy for a high performing team. This will include:
- Business development and sales, both internal and external
- Developing and maintaining the team’s service catalogue
- Client proposal work: owning and supporting colleagues across the global business
- Engagement contracting, budgeting, fees and risk management
- Supervision of client delivery, inspecting work and maintaining high standards
- Team resource planning and allocation
- Developing and maintaining reusable tools, databases, technology and modelling resources
- Staff training and training resources
Required Skills & Experience
The successful applicant will have significant experience in Financial Services, including:
- Extensive quantitative deal work in credit asset classes
- Senior experience within a front office or M&A team
- Proven management capability, previous experience managing high performing team members
- Thorough technical understanding of valuation approaches, methods and modelling
- Experience of structured finance and securitisation, including derivatives pricing and synthetic credit
- Understanding of bank regulatory capital rules and funding models
- Experience of working with a diverse range of clients, companies and geographies
- A track record of leveraging technology to drive value and streamline processes
- ACA or CFA an advantage
- Previous consultancy or ratings agency experience a plus
- International experience an advantage
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth. The team offer deep treasury expertise in financial products and markets, risk management, systems, governance, valuation and accounting, and work closely with other high impact functions within KPMG such as Audit, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting to provide a wide range of treasury advisory and audit services, including:
- Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
- Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
- Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
- Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
- Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR and Basel III
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
- Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
- Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
- Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
- Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
- Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders
We help our clients understand their business through building models, reviewing models and data analytics. We work across a broad range of tools (Excel, VBA, SQL, Qlikview, Tableau, Power BI) to support decision making and effective execution. If you enjoy translating complex problems into models, this is the team for you.
• Contributing to and driving the growth of the modelling team
• Leading large projects to support clients in tackling business issues
• Applying technical skills to devise compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
• Building constructive working relationships to develop internal and external networks
• You will leverage existing managerial experience and leadership skills to help grow and develop the modelling team
• You will be able to build strong client relationship and effectively take propositions to market
• You will manage teams of modellers and other professionals to provide high quality and flexible modelling solutions for a diverse range of clients
• You will be responsible for end to end engagement and stakeholder management
• You will use existing Excel, VBA, and/or SQL skills to support delivery and develop capabilities, share knowledge on solutions, and best practice techniques
• You will support the professional development of the junior members within the team
The type of work includes:
- Financial forecast and scenario modelling
- Transaction modelling such as valuations and option appraisals
- Reviewing financial models for quality sign-off
- Developing tactical solutions that automate finance and other operations (i.e. remediation)
- Development of data models to support modelling and analytics deliverables
- Using visualisation and analytical software (such as the Power BI, QlikView and Tableau) to drive insights from data to inform client decisions
• Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this.
• Helps others to understand how their work contributes to the overall success of an engagement and the wider firm
• Fosters a sense of self belief and confidence in others
• Seeks to understand others motivations
• Supports others to make brave decisions
Essential & desirable skills and experience
- Experience in a senior management role managing projects, clients and senior stakeholders
- Experience scoping, designing and building financial models in best practice
-A high degree of knowledge of Excel, Power Query, VBA, SQL and best practice modelling
- Experience in credit risk modelling (loan portfolio valuations, IFRS9 etc.)
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in building and maintaining strong working relationships across a range of teams
- Experience in developing new strategy and propositions to generate business
- Experience in performance management and developing & retaining talent
- A first-class or upper second-class degree in a numerate subject
- Strong communication skills to be able to describe complex technical issues in a clear and non-technical way
- Strong commercial awareness and understanding of key concepts and issues in the financial services sector
- A recognised finance or accounting qualification and/or MBA or PhD
- Data visualisation experience in Power BI, QlikView and Tableau
We provide in-depth advice on strategic, financial, regulatory and commercial issues driving investments in infrastructure across Transport, Power & Utilities, and Social Infrastructure in the UK and globally. Our work includes market and policy design, economic and regulatory analysis, deal structuring and execution, as well as strategic and transaction advice to enable private and public capital to fund infrastructure. We work closely with other functions within KPMG to advise clients on mergers and acquisitions, valuations, tax, accounting, and due diligence.
The utilities sector is the largest business area for the Infrastructure Group and encompasses work for large clients in the sector, including all of the leading UK energy and water companies as well as some of the largest utilities in Europe and beyond. We provide in-depth strategic and technical advice on corporate finance and corporate financial management, regulatory finance, regulatory policy, business and financial planning, cost assessment and benchmarking as well as other drivers affecting value. Our work combines elements of policy, finance, strategy and economics to assist our clients in structuring investments, securing financing, supporting regulatory regimes and maximising shareholder value. We are widely recognised by many industry stakeholders as market leaders influencing the future of the utilities sector.
Our business is continuously expanding and we are looking for high quality candidates to support our Power & Utilities business with a particular focus on financial and economic analysis, including cost of capital estimation, financeability assessments, risk and scenario analysis, financial modelling, investment appraisal & valuation.
Developing a good understanding of regulatory finance issues in the regulated sectors e.g. on setting the cost of capital or assessing financeability, as well as how regulatory mechanisms interact with or impact the actual financing of regulated businesses;
Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge;
Contributing to the delivery of specific engagements on a day to day basis;
Supporting pitching for new business with ideas;
Contributing to specific business development initiatives, particularly proposals and pitches;
Contributing to delivery of multiple projects simultaneously;
Specifying, producing and evaluating financial models;
Contributing to the effective planning, delivery and closure of projects; maintaining a good understanding of the regulatory frameworks and financial implications in the water and energy sectors; as well as any other duties commensurate with the role.
An analytical approach to problem solving and intellectual curiosity;
Be an independent thinker with the ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions, helping us to remain at the cutting edge of innovative thinking in the sector;
Demonstrate strong working knowledge of economic and financial theory and its application;
Provide compelling and well-thought out solutions to complex economic and financial problems, being able to provide persuasive and self-assured responses in a credible manner;
Be skilled in quantitative economic and financial analysis. The ideal candidate have detailed knowledge and experience of financial econometrics and statistics;
A willingness and adaptability to work on a diverse range of projects;
Ideally experience in the utilities sector, water and energy networks sectors in particular, preferably in the industry (either with a company or the regulator) ;
Bring excellent report writing, quantitative analysis (Stata or equivalent), Excel and PowerPoint skills;
Familiarity with Bloomberg, Eikon or other financial databases would be a positive;
At least 3 A levels or equivalent; Undergraduate or higher Graduate Degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics or similar (candidates with other degrees will be considered depending on their experience)
KPMG’s Infrastructure Advisory Group in the UK consists of over 200 professionals and is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading independent financial and business advisers in infrastructure. The group has won many awards, including financial advisor of the year (Infrastructure Journal). The group has locations in London, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Leeds and Manchester, but is organised on a national basis, operating under a single national cost centre.
We provide in-depth advice on the strategic, financial and commercial issues driving investments in infrastructure across Transport, Power & Utilities, and Social Infrastructure in the UK and internationally. This advice ranges from the strategic thinking and advice to companies and investors to enable private capital to fund infrastructure to the detailed technical skills required at financial close. We also work closely with other functions within KPMG to advise clients on mergers and acquisitions, valuations, tax, accounting, and due diligence issues. Increasingly we are also working on mandates that require ‘infratech’ elements that help our clients take advantage of automation and other emerging technologies to drive value in their businesses.
The utilities sector is a key business area for the Infrastructure Group and encompasses work for the large clients in the sector including all of the leading UK energy and water companies as well as some of largest utilities in the EU and beyond. We are widely recognised by many industry stakeholders as one of the most innovative advisors influencing the future of the sector. As the sector is evolving we are now looking to grow our proposition further, specifically recognising the role that the energy transition brings both in the opportunities for our clients and in the range of products and services that we can offer.
This area is expanding rapidly and we are looking for a high quality candidate to support our Power & Utilities business with a particular focus on giving strategic advice on the energy transition to our clients in the energy and water sectors premised on net zero.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Contributing to the delivery of specific engagements on a day to day basis
• Supporting pitching for new business with ideas
• Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge
• Contributing to specific business development initiatives, particularly proposals and pitches.
• Building and maintaining relationships with clients and target clients and key market constituents to support personal effectiveness and business development opportunities
• Contributing to delivery of multiple projects simultaneously
• Leading and executing strategic reviews and analysis
• Developing a good working understanding of compliance procedures
• Contributing to the effective planning, delivery and closure of projects
• Effective management, coaching and mentoring of junior staff on specific engagements
• Maintain a good understanding of the regulatory frameworks and financial implications in the water and energy sectors.
Any other duties commensurate with the role.
The ideal candidate would:
• Have considerable number of years of experience in the strategy space, ideally with experience of applying this to the energy sector in particular, preferably linked to one of the disruptive energy industries or a consultant specialising in these sectors;
• Have a sound knowledge of corporate strategy and investment decision making;
• Understand how emerging net zero technologies can impact businesses and how they can be successfully implemented;
• Have a good understanding of new and emerging value propositions in the utilities sector (such as electric vehicles, solar & storage or demand side response);
• Have experience or understanding of energy policy and economic regulation
• Bring excellent report writing, Excel and Powerpoint skills;
• Be skilled in strategic and financial analysis;
• Bring an inquisitive mind-set and be comfortable challenging the status quo;
• Be comfortable and/or experienced in an external facing role;
• Provide compelling and well-thought out solutions to strategic, financial or economic problems of moderate complexity;
• Provide persuasive and self-assured responses in a credible manner;
• Appreciate the chance to work on a wide range of projects and proposals simultaneously to demanding timetables.
Knowledge and experience of other similar sectors such as telecoms or energy services would be a bonus as would language skills. Familiarity with international energy sectors would also be a positive.
• 5 GCSEs/O levels including Maths and English
• Degree in business, engineering, mathematics, economics or similar.