I'm looking for
Search results for "Valuations"
Tax Valuations Assistant Manager
Service Line: People Services
Assistant Manager - Credit Pricing & Analytics
Service Line: Transaction Services
Manager – Corporate Treasury Services
Service Line: Audit
Associate Director - M&A - Corporate Finance
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Assistant Manager Corporate Treasury
Service Line: Audit
KPMG's Tax, Pensions and Legal Services (TPL) practice is a dynamic and successful area of our business. A constantly changing and increasingly high-profile field, TPL can offer a surprisingly broad range of quality career paths to ambitious people. Our People Services practice encompasses a wide range of areas across both Global Mobility Services (GMS) and Employer Reward Services (ERS). Our GMS team assists organisations to manage their globally mobile workforce. For our clients we provide a single source of advisory and compliance experience covering all aspects of global mobility and international assignments. Services range from international tax compliance and consultancy, advising on international social security and pensions through to helping clients to design their global mobility policies or move into a new territory. Our ERS team brings a number of key elements under one umbrella, Reward, Employment Solutions and Employee Benefit Solutions all delivering a wide range of services. The scope is broad, covering payroll and HMRC compliance, employee reward and benefit strategy design including technology, executive strategic reward, valuation services, workforce management and advice on national minimum wage and gender pay gap.
• Builds and develops positive constructive relationships inside and outside KPMG
• Assessing problems from multiple angles to ensure all relevant issues are considered when making decisions
• Proactively driving forward new and creative ideas which benefit the client
• Support the delivery of valuation projects within budget and timeframe under the assistance of a Manager or Senior Manager.
• Provide an analysis of the particular company / business being valued using business analysis techniques.
• Draft comprehensive valuation reports with the assistance of a Manager or Senior Manager.
• Liaise with both the internal and external client to ensure that the two way flow of information runs smoothly.
• Research the background of the particular company / business being valued, identifying broadly comparable quoted companies, identifying and analysing sales data and calculating exit multiples. All this is done using a wide range of research tools including OneSource, LexisNexis, Hemscott and Datastream and our dedicated offshore research team.
• Takes time to learn about other people and their experiences and how to apply this learning
• Shares experiences with others to assistant their learning and understanding
• Demonstrates curiosity and open mindedness to new ideas approaches and perspectives
• Actively engages with others in order to address their views/concerns
Ideally, candidates should have experience of:
• Valuations under ITEPA for management incentive plans;
• Valuations of shares and other assets such as intangibles for tax purposes;
• Preparation of valuation models using DCF and other quantitative valuation approaches (option pricing theory etc.);
• Preparation of valuation reports and letters for UK tax purposes; and
• Experience in dealing with HMRC’s Shares and Assets Valuation team.
• IFRS 2 valuation experience is beneficial but not essential.
However, candidates with a basic understanding of valuation techniques, a strong sense of commercial awareness of how businesses operates and enthusiasm to learn will also be considered.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent
• Confident communicator
• Strong excel skills
• Good attention to detail and ability to operate in a project driven environment
• A good understanding and broad range of transferable tax experience would be an advantage
• Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn
The team undertakes transaction related work on both the buy and sell side, aswell as non-transaction related credit valuation support roles:
- Buy/sell side valuations for portfolios as part of banking duediligence engagements
- Structured finance and securitisation modelling and structureoptimisation
- Forward flow / joint-venture valuations and due-diligence
- Acquisition/disposal related capital and funding modelling(eg.securitisation, SRT, ROE analysis, etc.)
- Credit Valuation Support: Valuation for Resolution, RecoveryPlanning, Stress Testing, Audit Assist
The Credit Pricing & Analytics team works for clients across financialservices – banks, funds, lending platforms, insurance companies, fintechs andpayment services providers – both directly and alongside colleagues as part of amulti-disciplinary team. The team aims to become a global centre of excellence,supporting the UK business and member firms internationally.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Manager to work alongside the management teamin reviewing and analysing loan portfolios.
Role and Responsibilities
As an Assistant Manager in Credit Pricing & Analytics you will bedelivering for clients and managing delivery in a high performing, high growthteam. This will include:
- Producing high quality credit valuation work for clients
- Reviewing and analysing loan portfolios.
- Data analysis to supportBuy/Sell side valuations for portfolios
- Developing reusable tools,databases, technology and modelling resources
- Business development and sales, both internal and external
- Client proposal work: owning and supporting colleaguesacross the global business
- Training and supervising junior staff, inspecting work andmaintaining high standards
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required
The successful applicant will have significant experience in Financial Services,including:
- Experience of quantitative deal work and credit asset classes
- Understanding and experience of valuation approaches, methods andmodelling
- Understanding of bank regulatory capital rules and funding modelsa benefit
- Experience with Data analysis and associated tools
- Experience of structured finance and securitisation a benefit
- Understanding of financing structures / credit / real estate a benefit
- Well organised and self-motivated and eager to learn
- Willingness to manage and develop junior team members
- Willingness to take ownership of a work stream withina complex project
- Ability to communicate effectively
- ACA or ACCA qualified
- Highly developed Excel and data manipulation skills.
Opening Date: Monday 24th February
Closing Date: Monday 23rd March
Salary:Competitive plus negotiable benefits and bonus
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth. The team offer deep treasury expertise in financial products and markets, risk management, systems, governance, valuation and accounting, and work closely with other high impact functions within KPMG such as Audit, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting to provide a wide range of treasury advisory and audit services, including:
- Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
- Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
- Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
- Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
- Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR and Basel III
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
- Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
- Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
- Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
- Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
- Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
KPMG's Corporate Finance practice has an industry reputation for delivering forward thinking and objective advice for our mid-market and global footprint and negotiation prowess, as well as an envied track record in closing successful deals. Together, our firm's Corporate Financiers have advised on or arranged critical and sensitive equity and debt transactions for some of the world's largest corporations, financial institutions and governments.
KPMG is the leading mid-market M&A advisor in the UK, Europe and globally. Revenue growth means we are in the market for recruiting Top Talent, who are keen to contribute to the ongoing success of the business.
The business has significant growth ambitions, through continued deep sector expertise and delivering the highest quality deal execution. The KPMG M&A business, spanning the spectrum of strategic, regulatory and deal advisory service lines; having built:
- Senior and trusted client relationships across mid-market and global companies, new strategic entrants, financial investors and leading entrepreneurs.
- An enviable set of market credentials across each of KPMG’s major service lines.
- A diverse skill set and deep sector expertise spanning across all sectors.
We are recruiting experienced M&A Advisors to work in a number of different sectors within our London team. The role will allow the successful candidates to work on a broad range of domestic and international transactions for corporate, financial institutions, private equity and owner managed clients. The scope of the role will include both execution of transactions as well as helping with the origination of new opportunities.
You can help clients through acquisitions, divestitures, mergers, buy-outs, major projects, initial public offerings (IPOs), real estate deals, debt structuring and issuance, and complex re-financings, distressed M&A and with business and company valuations and fairness opinions.
- Lead projects (with support from Director/ Partner) including being one of the senior points of contact with clients on M&A projects
- Actively managing client interfaces, taking responsibility for the day to day project management and delivery of M&A transactions. This will include assuming responsibility for managing all phases of the transaction cycle and deal execution
- Leading and managing the delivery of transaction documentation including pitch materials and client proposals
- Directing and managing colleagues, wider support staff and other external advisers
- Supervising and reviewing financial analysis complex modelling carried out by team members
- Build and develop strong relationships in the market
- Take responsibility for agreed areas of origination and business development
- Set, monitor and control M&A project budgets, billing and other reporting requirements.
Qualifications & Skills
- Strong academic background (ACA, CFA, MBA or equivalent)
- Significant experience within M&A advisory
- Proven execution ability and developing origination skills
- Strong numerical, analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Personal drive to deliver results and ambition to make an impact in a growing sector
- Demonstrated experience of Financial modelling including LBO & DCF analysis
- Commitment to high quality standards, attention to detail and motivation to deliver results within tight deadlines
- Personable approach, possessing the ability to create confidence and trust with colleagues and clients alike
- Sector specific M&A experience and strong Transactional experience with a demonstrable record of deal execution across all phases of the transaction cycle from origination to completion
Experience & Background
- Must have relevant corporate finance experience in an investment bank, big 4, private equity team, M&A Boutique or corporate business development role
- Have a good knowledge of financing structures, particularly, debt project finance, equity infrastructure finance including high leverage and other types of project based financing;
- Have a knowledge and experience of advising and executing projects to a financial close for private sector clients (including M&A and refinancing);
- Have a knowledge and experience of advising public sector clients with particular experience of undertaking option appraisals, value for money analysis and business case development;
- Have good business case writing, Excel and Power-point skills;
- Be skilled in financial modelling, financial analysis, in addition to having an understanding of financial accounting;
- Strong ability to interpret and present outputs from financial models to support the provision of commercial advice;
- Relish the opportunity for interaction and dialogue with companies, investors, regulators and other stakeholders, and with a host of functions across KPMG;
- Be an independent thinker with the ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions, helping us to remain at the cutting edge of thinking in the sector;
- Have experience of working in and managing people in teams;
- Appreciate the chance to work on a wide range of projects and proposals simultaneously to demanding timetables
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
The Team Offer Deep Treasury Expertise In Financial Products And Markets, Risk Management, Systems, Governance, Valuation And Accounting, And Work Closely With Other High Impact Functions Within KPMG Such As Audit, Risk Consulting And Management Consulting To Provide a Wide Range Of Treasury Advisory And Audit Services, Including
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth.
• Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
• Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
• Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
• Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
• Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR, Basel III and LIBOR transition.
Role And Responsibilities
• Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
• Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
• Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
• Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
• There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications And Skills
• Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
• Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
• Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
• Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
• Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
• Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
• Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
• Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
• Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
• Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
• Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
• Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders