I'm looking for
Search results for ""
Senior Manager - Financial Services Audit
Service Line: Audit
Manager - FS Assurance
Service Line: Audit
ERP Data Analytics Assistant Manager - Flexible Location (UK)
Service Line: Audit
FTC - Transformation Project Manager (12 MONTHS)
Service Line: Audit
Audit Manager - Nottingham
Service Line: Audit
Audit Assistant Manager - Corporate Listed Clients (London)
Service Line: Audit
KPMG is looking to consolidate its leading position within the Financial Services Audit sector by appointing talented and enthusiastic auditors into newly-created manager roles. This is a fast growing practise which is expected to grow further significantly in the next 3 to 5 years based on recent audit tender results. The department is made up of a large group of client facing staff delivering a range of audit and advisory engagements across a broad spectrum of Financial Services firms from sectors such as insurance, banking, building societies and investment management. The team is spread across Bristol and Cardiff therefore, the successful candidates can be based in either location.
Our Bristol office is situated in Queen Square on a short walking distance from Temple Meads Station and is well placed for commuting by car or bicycle. Our staff work over 3 floors and the office has a lively cross-functional social scene. The office has the mix of working with big organisations whilst also maintaining that close-knit office environment. All offices have canteen facilities.
Our Cardiff office is next to the Welsh Assembly in Cardiff Bay and has glorious views across the bay with parking facilities available for the use of staff. As a smaller office, it mixes the benefits of working for a Global Organisation with a small office feel, with staff working closely with each other across all departments.
We are currently looking for qualified Accountants at Senior Manager level to join our Financial Services Audit department in Cardiff or Bristol during a significant period of growth.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll be involved in leading the delivery of a portfolio of our largest, highest profile Financial Services clients using your sector experience to deliver exceptional client service. Your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising, mentoring, and coaching junior staff including promoting audit quality Managing partner involvement on audits, providing progress reports as required.
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of engagements, focusing on optimising profitability.
- Regularly and proactively communicating with senior clients on relevant industry matters.
- Acting as a department lead on your area of sector expertise.
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business.
- Establishing and maintaining strong internal and external networks within the industry insurance and Investment Management audits.
- Actively driving the planning of the audit, as well as the actual fieldwork at interim and final, statutory audit and completion work.
- Working on tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team.
- Be part of the Investment Management or Insurance department management group and drive firm’s strategic initiatives.
- Performance manager for other qualified accountants to help them reach their full potential .
- Building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry
Experience & Skills:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Recent and extensive financial statement audit experience within the Financial Services sector
- Recent and extensive external audit experience at Senior Manager level in the Financial Services (Banking/ Insurance/ Investment Management) sector.
- Recent demonstrated practical knowledge of FRS, IFRS and technical matters relevant to your area of Financial Services expertise
- Experience working on tenders
- Must demonstrate gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
- Experience adding to the audit department outside of day to day delivery (e.g. developing and leading training)
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders
- Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
To support our growing assurance business across Financial Services Audit we have a fantastic opportunity for Managers to join our team and provide companies across Banking, Asset Management and Insurance sectors, including those from the FTSE 100, with assurance over a wide variety of topics. These topics include regulatory compliance, regulatory reporting (including capital and liquidity); and governance. They will be responsible for delivering assurance engagements from within an exciting and newly formed Assurance hub.
You will work directly with senior management and audit partners as well as being exposed to senior stakeholders both internally and externally to the firm. These interactions will allow you to expand you industry knowledge and ultimately deliver insights and best practices to our clients.
We appreciate that everybody has their own unique circumstances and we will do our best to accommodate yours, creating a schedule that works for you and allows you to have the work-life balance that you are looking for.
Our Intelligent Working scheme covers a variety of options among which:
• Part-time working
• Glide time, which means starting work between 8:00am and 10:00am and finishing between 4:00pm and 6:00pm
• Working from home for one or more days every week
• Unpaid leave, in which you choose to take up to three months off work without pay
Many members of our team currently make use of our flexible working policy. Follow the link below to find out more about how this works for them, but also how you could benefit from it too:
Roles and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the end-to-end delivery of allocated assurance projects on Financial Services clients in accordance with ISAE 3000 and the firm’s quality standards
• Managing a portfolio of complex clients across multiple sectors, maintaining contact with the client and members of the client delivery team
• Managing onshore and offshore teams conducting testing across multiple assurance engagements across a range of SME topics simultaneously
• Planning and performing effective assurance procedures and overseeing the delegation of work across the team and the involvement of subject matter experts
• Preparing and reviewing assurance work, exercising professional scepticism
• Preparing assurance opinions, issues logs and management reports, agreeing assurance findings with the Engagement Leader and the client
• Managing engagement budgets, profitability and any fee overruns
• Support in developing and improving the standardised FS Assurance work programmes
• Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex assurance issues or escalate as appropriate.
• Building relationships with the client staff and act as an ambassador for the firm.
• Supporting the team in business development initiatives and managing the sales pipeline
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Inquisitive mind with a strong passion for Banking, Asset Management and/or Insurance.
- Familiarity with the role of key functions in Banking, Asset Management and/or Insurance.
- Knowledge of new regulatory developments impacting Financial Services clients. Subject matter expertise in areas such as UK Stewardship Code, ESG or regulatory (capital and liquidity) reporting may be advantageous.
- Experience (minimum 5 years) in a related field, including experience of delivering assurance engagements for global FTSE 100 clients
- A 2:1 degree or above from a recognised university or institution
- Relevant financial qualifications may include CFA, ACA, ACCA or equivalent.
- Significant risk management experience at Senior Manager level
- An ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
- Strong presentation skills and the confidence to facilitate meetings and interviews both internally and externally
- Outstanding communication and reporting writing skills and ability to influence and deal with senior stakeholders
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
- Focus on delivering high quality work whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word/ PowerPoint
The capabilities within the Clara Analytics Team are vast as they are unique: from Innovations – spearheading the creation of audit applications such as the Inventory Count Tool, and Confirmations Tool, to the performance of D&A procedures by the ERP, General Ledger and Bespoke capabilities. At the face of the team, the Business Relationship Group bridge the gap between audit teams and D&A specialists – providing one point of contact for D&A interpretation, queries and support.
Whether it involves providing workshops to audit teams, presenting proof of concept solutions to leadership, or engaging in in-depth analysis using our market leading technology capabilities, the Clara Analytics Team leverages a wide variety of skillsets. There are technical specialists performing D&A procedures, and there are those with in-depth audit experience; some of us enjoy giving presentations, for others, their strengths lie in analysing complex datasets. One thing that we all share in common, is a commitment to continuous improvement and innovation – both in our work, and our approach to solving problems.
We’re flexible, too. The Clara Analytics team straddles different KPMG office locations – with large hubs in London, Leeds, Birmingham, Manchester and Edinburgh – all leveraging technology to communicate remotely where needed. Having now approached a Hybrid working model, we are providing colleagues with additional flexibility in where and how they work.
If you’re looking for a challenging, yet rewarding role putting you at the centre of a rapidly-changing audit practice, the Clara Analytics Team could be the place for you.
Within Clara, our ‘ERP Analytics’ capability performs a large amount of assurance and at times advisory engagements, helping businesses and us get more value out of their Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Business Management systems, specifically SAP, Oracle as well as GRC and/or data analytical solutions on top of the ERP.
Our projects include extracting, analysing and visualising data from our client’s ERP systems to support engagements covering process control, process & control optimisation, business data analytics, security, and ERP related GRC services. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, or as part of external and internal audit, or wider advisory engagements.
An Assistant Manager with a focus on ERP analytics would typically be responsible for the quality, value, and timely delivery of a number of engagements. This will include delivery of the high demand for data and analytics for some of our largest global and most complex engagements.
As a member of our team, you will also get involved in product development and innovation activities, to ensure that KPMG’s ERP analytics capability remains market leading on a global scale, as well as coaching other ERP analytics specialists.
This role requires specific SAP data analytics (and/or GRC) experience. Delivering ERP process controls, data analytics and assurance services. The successful candidate will be involved in client facing and client relationship building across of range of corporate clients.
- Audit and advice clients that operate SAP including GRC.
- Help clients enhance their own ERP data analytics capability.
- Workstream lead/ SME on SAP/ GRC control and/or data analytics engagements.
- Building and managing strong client relationships across a range of clients.
- Experience in end to end design and implementation programmes within SAP ECC or S4 / HANA projects would be advantageous.
- Developing internal networks and maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, particularly in the Audit and wider Advisory areas.
- Ability to identify and assess complex ERP risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express clear views.
- Train, coach, and supervise junior team members.
- Experience of successfully delivering SAP security, control, and data analytics and GRC services (including external/internal audit) to medium/ large, multi-national clients. Including, for example, experience in Oil & Gas, Retail, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Utilities and Life Sciences sectors.
- Experience of supporting winning new business in this area, as well as growing existing clients and engagements.
- Experience in Auditing and advising clients that operate on SAP ECC or S4 / HANA.
- Experience in Business process and functional experience of key SAP FI / CO, SD or MM modules, ideally including SAP S4 / HANA.
- Experience of GRC, BPC or BI.
- Experience of design, build and delivery of data analytics related capabilities, including:
o Data extraction and processing (i.e. ETL)
o Design and build of data analysis routines
o Design and build of data visualisation formats
o Interpretation of data analytics results, and ability to derive insightful and quantifiable business insights using data analytics outputs
o Identifying root causes to detected exceptions and translating these to actionable recommendations, e.g. ERP process or system changes
o Integration into a suitable IT infrastructure, including architecture design and system configuration
- Experience of using data analysis tools in an ERP environment, e.g. SQL, Alteryx, Python, PowerBI or Microsoft Azure suite.
- “Big 4” professional services or dynamic IT consultancy environment experience (Desirable).
- Supporting service line through innovation and knowledge management.
- SAP Certifications (Desirable).
- Accounting Audit Qualifications: ACA or equivalent (Desirable).
- IT Assurance Qualification CISA or equivalent. (Desirable)
- Preferably degree educated or proven commercially demonstrated experience.
PLEASE NOTE ANY INTERNAL APPLICANTS WILL BE TREATED AS A SECONDMENT
KPMG UK Audit are undertaking a significant transformational change programme to ensure continued high quality focus on our audits, support sustainable business growth and foster sustainable career paths for all our people. As a result, there are multiple exciting opportunities within the Change Management Centre of Excellence (CMC). We require individuals with transformation, project management, process redesign and digital solution experience to be able to take ownership and drive the creation, management and delivery of a range of complex projects.
The successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to be part of a small team working to meet high profile programme and project objectives. There is a need to ensure that whilst working as part of a team they are self-motivated and able to add immediate benefit to the project.
The Transformation Project Manager will be responsible for supporting the delivery of one of our key Audit delivery projects , working as part of a small team (c.2 or 3) to design and support process workshops, understanding and challenging the as-is model, and ultimately support the design and delivery of alternative delivery models to meet the needs of the business in line with the objectives of the Audit Strategy.
This role will be part of the wider team under the Audit Chief Transformation Officer, reporting to a Senior Transformation Project Manager.
• Working closely with the Programme Team to develop projects to ensure that business change opportunities are identified, assessed, planned, monitored and delivered to optimise benefits
• Working with internal business SMEs to provide operational solutions that support transformational improvement.
• Design and document Target Operating Models, including end-to-end process flow diagrams and process documentation
• Documenting target policy, procedures and practices in scope of the project.
• Supporting the design, and lead facilitator in process design workshops
• Analysing data and root cause analysis
• Maintenance of detailed project plans and other project artefacts as required as directed by the Senior Transformation Project Manager
• Supporting the Senior Transformation Project Manager in providing the Audit Leadership Team with regular project updates as well as timely escalation of key risks, issues, dependencies and decisions as appropriate.
• Coordinating business activity relating to UAT in line with the test strategy
• Oversee transition of project deliverables into BAU environment.
• Ensure that the project(s) meets all predefined success criteria and governance requirements.
• Working as part of a team to deliver successful project outcomes
Key Skills, Qualifications and Experience
Experience of having been part of a team in leading end-to-end business transformation projects within large and complex organisations using different project management methodologies (essential)
• Target Operating Model design and implementation
• Optioneering, solution appraisal, solution selection and solution implementation
• Experience of process redesign approaches e.g. Lean
• Experience supporting the delivery of quality improvement initiatives
• Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
• UAT/Operational Acceptance test planning
• Analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to use available information to generate creative solutions to benefit the business.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to work in a deadline driven environment
• Highly proficient in MS Project, Visio, Power Point and Excel.
• Experience of working within a systematic project environment such as Prince 2 &/or Lean projects (essential)
• Design and implementation of specialist service centres (onshore or offshore) (desirable)
We are looking for experienced auditors to join our Key Private Enterprise practice. This opportunity is located in Nottingham.
As an Audit Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of leading and delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of private clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
- Leading a field work team including supervising and coaching more junior members of staff to help them reach their full potential
- Reporting to audit Partners and Directors on all salient points arising from audits
- Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients
- Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues
- Preparing client deliverables, building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Working on audit tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team on these tenders. Tasks may include: reviewing global engagement records in sentinel; analysing and categorising the records; contacting partners globally for engagement information; preparing data and drafting Independence reports; liaising with the UK Ethics and Independence team
- You may also have the opportunity to work on specific audit related projects across the audit function
Qualifications and Skills
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or international equivalent
- Recent, extensive external audit experience at Manager level within a 'Big 4’ or mid-tier firm
- Team management experience with the ability to motivate a team and lead by example
- The ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different seniority levels
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Sound practical knowledge of IFRS
- Previous exposure to a range of Corporates sectors such as telecommunications, media, energy,
Experience and Background
- Self-driven and resilient and able to thrive in a pressurised environment
- Well-developed team management and supervisory skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different levels of seniority
- The desire to work in a diverse environment, gain exposure to an international working environment and undertake new challenges
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, prioritisation, organisation and evaluative skills
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external)
Role and Responsibilities:
As an Assistant Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of B2B, B2C and G&I engagements. The role will include executive level engagement interaction and exposure to multiple engagement on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
• Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of engagement
• Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings and supervision, and delivery of audit work
• Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
• Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues
• Building relationships with the engagement staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
• Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits
• Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential
• Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
• Working on audit tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team on these tenders. Tasks may include: reviewing global engagement records in sentinel, analysing and categorising the records, contacting partners globally for engagement information, preparing data and drafting independence reports, liaising with UK Ethics and Independence team
• You may also have the opportunity to work on specific audit related projects across the audit function
Experience and Background
• Self-driven and resilient and able to thrive in a pressurised environment
• The ambition to undertake new challenges and step up into supervisory roles, taking leadership where necessary
• The desire to work in a diverse environment and gain exposure to an international working environment
• Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, prioritisation, organisation and evaluative skills
• Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
• Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to engagement (internal and external)
Qualifications and Skills
• Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or international equivalent.
• Recent and extensive external audit experience within a ‘Big 4’ or mid-tier firm is required
• Extensive external audit experience in a range of B2B, B2C or G&I sectors, such as Telecommunications, Media, Energy, Utilities, Oil & Gas and Manufacturing
• Well-developed leadership and supervisory skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different seniority levels
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Demonstrating practical knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP