I'm looking for
Search results for ""
Manager – Corporate Treasury Services
Service Line: Audit
Senior Managers - Audit Quality
Service Line: Audit
Audit Manager - Insurance
Service Line: Audit
Audit Assistant Manager - Corporates
Service Line: Audit
Audit Assistant Managers - National Markets - Cambridge
Service Line: Audit
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth. The team offer deep treasury expertise in financial products and markets, risk management, systems, governance, valuation and accounting, and work closely with other high impact functions within KPMG such as Audit, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting to provide a wide range of treasury advisory and audit services, including:
- Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
- Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
- Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
- Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
- Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR and Basel III
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
- Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
- Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
- Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
- Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
- Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders
We are recruiting for multiple Audit Quality Senior Managers in Second Line of Defence (2LD) The role will require you to interact directly with audit teams within the Asset Management sector to support and coach them in delivering high quality audits. You will be responsible for giving robust challenge to the audit approach, whilst providing ongoing guidance to the teams you work with. You will be expected to work with teams to enhance the quality of the audit including by helping the team understand and apply Asset Management industry best practise guidance, auditing requirements, and KPMG guidance.
You will work with colleagues within the KPMG Audit Centre of Excellence (ACE)in the development of training materials and guidance used by audit teams. You'll be expected to be a champion for audit quality within KPMG and contribute to the development and delivery of sustainable improvement actions.
2LD is central to KPMGs strategy of consistently delivering high quality audits, which is fundamental in protecting the firm and enhancing the brand.
You will be responsible for working with several audit teams in the Asset Management sector during their audits:
- Help them robustly evidence their risk assessment and develop their audit strategy
- Coach them in the execution and documentation of the audit procedures
- Challenge the team's clarity of thinking during the reporting and completion stages
- Perform detailed in flight reviews of certain audit working papers followed by working with teams to help them to address observation raised
- Meet regularly with audit teams to provide continual coaching and guidance, including sharing of best practise
- Provide insight on the application of KPMG's auditing methodology and associated guidance
- Actively collaborate with colleagues in the development of training materials and guidance used by audit teams to enhance their audit quality
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required
- ACA/ICAS or equivalent qualification
- External Audit Manager or Senior Manager
- Track record in delivering audits of high quality
- Understanding of International Auditing Standards and IFRS
- Worked within an Asset Management audit division
- Worked within an audit function at a Big 4 firm
- Understanding of UK audit regulatory regime
- Be assertive, resilient and adaptable
- Good written and verbal communication
- A desire to challenge the status quo and be comfortable providing achallenging viewpoint in a diplomatic manner
- Ability to interact directly with engagement leaders
- Be proactive and work independently
- Excel at coaching
- Ability to work on multiple engagements at the same time and prioritising appropriately
Opening date: 14/11/19
Closing date: 11/12/19
Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits
KPMG is looking to consolidate its leading position within the Insurance marketplace by appointing talented and enthusiastic auditors into newly-created manager roles. Our insurance audit department is expected to grow significantly in the next 3 to 5 years based on recent audit tender results. In addition, the forthcoming new requirements from the IASB will generate a significant amount of change in the insurance industry. As a trusted partner within the industry, KPMG will be supporting insurance companies throughout this accounting change across a range of disciplines including financial reporting, actuarial, IT and management consulting disciplines.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to be working on some of the largest opportunities in the marketplace and will be exposed to excellent career development within a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary team. Working alongside directors and partners, you will be in a senior client facing role, forging strong relationships with top tier insurance clients.
As an Audit Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of leading and delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of Insurance clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
- Leading a field work team including supervising and coaching more junior members of staff to help them reach their full potential Reporting to audit Partners and Directors on all salient points arising from audits
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients; managing timetables, anticipating costs, raise fees and agree dates for cash collection. Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues Preparing client deliverables, building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- You may also have the opportunity to work on specific audit related projects across the audit function
- Being a performance manager to trainee accountants
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Must demonstrate gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
Knowledge & Experience:
- Significant financial statement audit experience, ideally within professional services
- Extensive external audit experience with financial services clients, ideally in the Insurance sector
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of FRS, IFRS and topical matters relevant to insurance audits
- Experience in IFRS 17, US GAAP, Solvency II and CASS rules preferable, though not essential
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Commitment to building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry
As an Assistant Manager, you will be involved in all aspects of delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of B2B, B2C and G&I clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
• Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients
• Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings and supervision, and delivery of audit work
• Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
• Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues
• Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
• Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits
• Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential
• Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
• Working on audit tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team on these tenders. Tasks may include: reviewing global engagement records in sentinel, analysing and categorising the records, contacting partners globally for engagement information, preparing data and drafting independence reports, liaising with UK Ethics and Independence team
• You may also have the opportunity to work on specific audit related projects across the audit function
Experience and Background:
• Self-driven and resilient and able to thrive in a pressurised environment
• The ambition to undertake new challenges and step up into supervisory roles, taking leadership where necessary
• The desire to work in a diverse environment and gain exposure to an international working environment
• Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, prioritisation, organisation and evaluative skills
• Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
• Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external)
Qualifications and Skills:
• Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or international equivalent is essential. We will also consider those who are tracking towards full qualification (both time and exam) in 2017
• Recent and extensive external audit experience within a ‘Big 4’ or mid-tier firm is required
• Extensive external audit experience in a range of B2B, B2C or G&I sectors, such as Telecommunications, Media, Energy, Utilities and/or Oil & Gas
• Well-developed leadership and supervisory skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different seniority levels
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
• Demonstrating practical knowledge of IFRS and US GAAP is preferable
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
You will work on a portfolio of clients within a cross functional office, alongside our advisory and tax functions.
Why Audit at KPMG?
Audit is the largest of our UK practices. Some of the world’s biggest companies rely on us to provide independent insight, challenge and expertise, so the work we undertake affects investment decisions, inspires confidence in public sector expenditure and supports our economic growth. As part of this team, you’ll be helping to build the confidence and trust that business and society need to thrive.
We want to lead the conversation when it comes to shaping the future of the profession. And given the scale and variety of our audit engagements in both the UK and globally, we are well placed to create change.
When you join our Audit team, we’ll make sure you can stretch your skills across diverse engagements and broad opportunities. This will include ongoing training and development through a mix of internal and external learning initiatives
We’re looking for people who share our commitment to achieving excellence and working to the highest audit standards. Natural collaborators who value different perspectives and relish the opportunity to develop, progress and help us create an environment where talent thrives and quality outcomes are intrinsic to everything we do.
- Planning and project managing all aspects of audits.
- Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager on a day to day basis.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability.
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential.
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Recently qualified ACA or equivalent qualification (including
SAICA, CPA or equivalent)
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Recent relevant external audit experience from a top 10 accountancy firm
- Mixed sector Audit experience including some large corporates
- We will also consider candidates who are exam qualified and nearing full qualification / membership.
- Demonstrating practical knowledge of UK GAAP/US GAAP, IFRS, and IAS
- Identifies and pursues business opportunities.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work.
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work. Continuously learns from experiences.
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities.
- Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback
- Coaches less experienced staff. Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information.
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external).
Multiple positions available
Opening date 19/02/2020
Closing date 18/03/2020
Competitive salary plus benefits