I'm looking for
Search results for ""
Assurance Senior Managers - Corporates
Service Line: Audit
FS Audit Assistant Managers - London
Service Line: Audit
Return to Audit Programme - Intelligent Working
Service Line: Audit
- formal Assurance opinions under ISAE 3000
- grant claims Assurance
- ad hoc Agreed Upon Procedures (AUPs)
- Assurance required by regulations (e.g. in the energy sector)
To support our objective of centralising and growing our Assurance work across Corporates Audit we have fantastic opportunities for Senior Managers to join our team. They will be responsible for overseeing and delivering Assurance engagements from within an exciting and newly formed Assurance hub, and for driving forward our growth plans. The roles are based in London and can offer a flexible working schedule based on arrangements to be agreed.
- Leading a variety of Assurance engagements, from start to finish, including overall project management.
- Managing and mentoring a team of managers, assistant managers and juniors who will be part of the Assurance team.
- Working directly with Audit risk management to determine acceptable forms of Assurance to be provided to clients and building a quality framework for delivering our work.
- Own and strengthen key client relationships where leading Assurance engagements.
- Identify new opportunities with existing clients.
- Develop new business networks, both externally and within KPMG.
- Taking a leading role in driving our Assurance business growth objectives. To include being a client account owner and/or developing and presenting proposal documents at client pitches.
- Taking ownership for key parts of our business plan, including internal/external marketing and financial forecasting/analysis.
- Engaging in initiatives to develop new technology/data & analytics for delivering Assurance engagements. This may include working with specialist teams and developing delivery tools.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or international equivalent.
- Recent and extensive experience with reviewing and developing Audit/Assurance working papers at a senior manager level in either a Big 4 or mid-tier firm.
- Experience of leading and developing teams, managing budgets, strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities.
- Strong track record of project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, prioritisation, organisation and evaluative skills.
- Experience of working directly with and reporting to senior client stakeholders, including being able to identify and resolve issues directly with clients, or escalate as appropriate.
- Ability to demonstrate strong business development acumen.
- Solid ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals (internal and external) at different levels of seniority, both in writing and verbally.
- Very good IT literacy, including Excel and Word.
- The desire to work in a diverse environment and undertake new challenges.
- Strong ability to monitor and uphold high quality of service to clients (internal and external).
Opening date: 17th March 2020
Closing date: 15th April 2020
Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits
We are currently looking for qualified accountants at Assistant Manager Level to join our thriving Regional Financial Services Audit department based in our London office. There are multiple positions available. Our regional practice covers clients across the Financial Services sector including Banking, Insurance and Asset Management firms. Our team is distributed across the country with resource in Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Bristol and London. This role will primarily be servicing our clients in London and the surrounding areas.
KPMG is one of the leading Audit and Assurance practices in the UK whose success and reputation depends upon the quality and integrity of our services - and our people. As a member of our team you will benefit from extensive training and education to keep you up to speed with current changes in regulation, accounting and auditing standards.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- As an Assistant Manager you will be expected to lead the delivery of audit and assurance engagements from planning through to completion.
- You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team (including other specialists), monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include planning and completion of audit fieldwork, statutory reporting and project management.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff.
- Keeping Managers and Partners up to date with progress throughout the course of the assignment.
- Preparing reports to senior client management and audit committees.
- On-site involvement and being the key point of contact for the client.
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and helping to identify sales opportunities within your client base.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
-ACA, ACCA or CPA Qualified (or equivalent).
-Audit experience gained within Financial Services
-Working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP.
- Experience of FCA CASS rules.
- Experience gained in a ‘Big 4’ Accountancy firm.
-Experience of working on insurance audits.
-Supervisory skills, including coaching and project management
Multiple positions available
Opening date 30/03/2020
Closing date 27/04/2020
Competitive salary plus benefits
Return to Audit – as flexible as your life needs you to be
We know the corporate world can sometimes feel like you are expected to be just like everybody else – however you are an individual and we like that.
Our Audit business has designed a return to work programme to target qualified audit professionals who are looking for flexibility; ensuring that they can balance their commitments at home with a return to work. This includes people who may have taken time out and are now looking for opportunities to combine a rewarding career in a supportive working environment.
What is on offer?
Return to Audit will support individuals in roles that are structured around flexible hours and remote working, with a focus on bridging the skills gap and building confidence to return to the workplace environment. All the roles are internally focused, across the UK and based at KPMG offices with the six week school holidays built in as leave. The roles will be within our Audit Centre of Excellence IT Audit and Front Line Audit teams. They cover an array of capabilities and skills ranging from technical audit expertise to project management.
The roles broadly fall into two categories - you can either have:
1. Flexible working for 3 or 4 days per week, with one of those days working at home; or
2. Reduced hours working a shorter day from 9:30am to 2:30pm.
The roles will be a fixed term annualised days’ contract of one year with an initial month of full time training, and with a second month of training and work shadowing until you are fully comfortable. After the contract expires, candidates will be able to apply for permanent positions, depending on the success of their time at KPMG.
At the heart of the programme is a structured induction programme aimed at getting you up to speed with the latest industry developments, refreshing technical skills and becoming integrated into our professional services environment. You will receive ongoing support in the form of a working mentor and a buddy. The development opportunities won’t end once the induction is finished. You will enter an ongoing training path with check-in points to evaluate progress against goals and determine additional training needs.
Who we are looking for?
- Candidates with ACCA/ACA or equivalent qualification
- Candidates must have demonstrable experience working in Audit in the last six years
- For those looking for roles specifically in IT Audit a degree/masters qualification in IT/business and a recognised accounting and/or auditing (e.g. CISA, ACA, CIMA) qualification would also be desirable.
- Candidates will have a passion for returning to Audit working alongside our teams to deliver quality results for our clients
- Candidates will be assessed on an individual basis, looking at prior audit experience and qualifications
We aim to attract exceptional people from diverse backgrounds who can deliver real results for our clients and drive the firm forward. If this is you and you are looking for a more flexible approach to work that can fit around your lifestyle or commitments at home, then please complete the application. We want to hear from you!