I'm looking for
Search results for "audit"
Senior Manager, Accounting Consultation, Banking Audit
Service Line: Audit
ESG/Sustainability Senior Assurance Manager - Corporates
Service Line: Audit
Manager - Real Estate Valuation (London)
Service Line: Audit
Manager – Accounting Advisory Services, Treasury
Service Line: Audit
Assistant manager- ESG Assurance
Service Line: Audit
Pensions Centre of Excellence - Oversight Senior Manager
Service Line: Audit
The Accounting Consultation team
provides in-depth technical accounting knowledge to the audited entities in
KPMG’s Banking Audit practice. The team brings technical knowledge with
practical insights and experience in the banking sector to advise our audit
teams on their most complex and judgmental technical accounting and reporting
Our team creates added value through:
-Seamless integration into
investment and retail banking audit teams to assist and deliver on the most
technical accounting aspects of their audits.
- Translating subject matter
expertise on complex accounting areas such as IFRS 9, hedge accounting and
structured transactions into comprehensible and practical solutions.
- Be at the forefront of, and drive
best practice in, financial instruments reporting across the KPMG audit
- Provide high quality and
practical training and education for external and internal audiences.
- Maintain close links with KPMG
UK’s national and global technical departments
Role and Responsibilities
- Advise on a wide range of accounting and reporting areas, with a focus
on financial instruments for our retail and investment banking clients.
- Integrate into audit teams to deliver responsive support based on strong
project management skills.
- Direct interaction with clients on our biggest clients and/or areas that
attract significant accounting risk.
- Inspection of financial statements of Public Interest Entity clients prior
- Develop internal and external training on accounting and financial
- Respond to ad-hoc accounting queries from audit teams
- Manage and mentor team members.
- There will also be opportunities to get involved in some advisory
engagements and projects led by other KPMG teams where accounting SME support
is required, e.g. IBOR replacement, Brexit, Finance transformation and
- Responsible for delegating, coaching and leading a team of assistant
managers who specialise in technical accounting alongside other managers and
under guidance of Partners/Directors to support our most complex banking
- Direct interaction with Banking audit Partners/Directors and regular
interaction with senior members of Banking audited entities' accounting
policy and finance functions, delivering insights in GAAP compliant solutions
to the audited entities most complex technical challenges.
- Responsible for delivering technical accounting solutions to maintain
industry leading audit quality to a range of complex audited entities
including global investment banks, mid-tier building societies and smaller
private banks. Solutions will be provided post internal consultation within
- Work experience in an accounting firm or finance function focusing on
financial instruments related technical accounting relevant to financial
- Experience of evaluating complex technical issues, requiring analysis
of facts and circumstances and consideration of alternatives culminating in
provision of sound practical GAAP compliant accounting solutions.
- Audit experience advantageous but not vital to role.
- Knowledge of finance processes, particularly accounting processes and/or
Professional qualification: ACA,
ACCA or CPA.
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting
standards related to financial instruments and/or relevant to Financial
Services clients (IAS 32 and 39, IFRS 3, 7, 9, 10, 13, 15 and 16, and FRS 102
sections 11 and 12) and crucially their practical application within the
written and communication skills; including delivering presentations and an
ability to communicate well with clients in writing and verbally.
- Strong project management skills, demonstrated by a record of accounting
Ability to motivate a team and lead
To support our growing sustainability/ESG (‘Environmental, Social and Governance’)and non-financial information assurance business across Audit we have afantastic opportunity for a senior manager to join our team and assist inproviding large corporate companies in different sectors, including those fromthe FTSE 100, with assurance over a wide variety of topics. These topics include Greenhouse Gas (GHG)emissions, waste, water, community investment, sustainable supply chains,health and safety (H&S), diversity, gender pay gap, responsible investingand other non-financial information. They will be responsible for managing theseassurance engagements from within an exciting and newly formed Assurance hub. And they will also have the opportunity toprovide ESG reporting advice to non-audit clients.
Descriptionof the role
You will workwith directors and partners to lead sustainability/ESG assurance and reportingadvice on specific clients. You willtake responsibility for all aspects of the end to end engagement process,including: working to agree timetables, agreeing fees, overseeing the scope ofwork and deliverables, the quality of the testing and assurance fieldwork,preparing the final reporting and being responsible for coaching the team.
Leadership and Management
•Complete the second review of the documentation on the assurance file in linewith KPMG’s quality standards and our internal KPMG Assurance Manual.
•Manage engagements in line with the assurance standards ISAE 3000 and ISAE 3410or equivalent.
• Review final client reporting for final review bythe director/partner.
• Coach manager and oversee work performed by the rest of theteam.
Stakeholder Interaction and Challenges
• Juggle multiple sustainability/ESG Assurance engagements
• Oversee engagement and client acceptance procedures
• Own and strengthen client relationships.
Impact, Risk,Accountability and Governance
• Take responsibility for supporting the director/partnerin identifying and pursuing new assurance opportunities. Build your own business network, bothinternally and externally
• Identifying,researching and helping to resolve complex sustainability/ESG assurance issues.
• Be responsible for engagement finances and budgeting
• Develop and improve the standardised Assurance workprogrammes
The ideal candidate will meet the followingcriteria:
• Experience of leading and developing teams, managing budgets, strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities
• Experience (minimum 7 years) in a sustainability/environmental related field, including experience of delivering and managing sustainability assurance engagements for large clients (ideally FTSE 350 or equivalent) under ISAE 3000 and ISAE 3410
• Experience of working directly with and reporting to senior client stakeholders, including being able to identify and resolve issues directly with clients, or escalate as appropriate.
• Experienced in review and development of audit/Assurance working papers.
• A 2:1 degree or above from a recognised university or institution in a sustainability/ESG related degree
Expertise/ technical rolerequirements
• Strong understanding of industry reporting frameworks such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines, TCFD and the GHG Protocol
• IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word/Powerpoint.
• Inquisitive mind with a strong passion for sustainability and ESG issues
• An ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
• Self-driven and resilient.
• Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
• Focus on delivering high quality work whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail .
REVA comprises a team of Chartered Surveyors and RICS Registered Valuers based across the UK with representation in London, Manchester and Leeds. The team provides assurance on real estate valuations provided for inclusion within company accounts. The team is seeking valuation experts to support audit teams at Manager level; more senior positions may be considered depending on the skills and experience demonstrated. The roles are within the Audit function and will be located in Manchester or London.
The Roles and Responsibilities
•To work closely with audit teams across the UK to review valuations and supporting information provided by their audited entities.
•To help audit teams to robustly challenge management’s key assumptions and judgements with an appropriate level of professional scepticism.
•Attend and chair external meetings and conference calls between audit teams, clients and their advisors.
•To deliver a report concluding whether the values proposed are reasonable highlighting any areas of risk.
•Assist senior members of REVA to manage resources and allocate jobs to the team members.
•Provide support on tenders and proposals for new Audit engagements where valuation expertise is required including attending and potentially presenting at formal pitches as necessary.
•Assist the team in sharing market and technical knowledge by delivering training and presentations to the audit teams on real estate matters.
•Assist REVA to deliver the business plan by providing specialist valuation expertise in order to help to deliver on firm wide audit quality goals.
The Person -Qualifications and skills
•Candidates should be MRICS qualified with numerous numbers of years PQE and should ideally have RICS Registered Valuer status.
•Candidates should have a good understanding of the RICS Valuation – Professional Standards and their implication for valuations.
•Sound knowledge of valuation of the main commercial sectors (office, industrial, retail) including student accommodation and PRS/BTR.
•Candidates with a good knowledge of trading valuations including hotels and care homes would be of particular benefit for one the roles.
•Strong valuation skills and experience of using Argus ValCap, Argus Enterprise and Argus Developer.
•Good knowledge of methodological approaches and technical issues involved in the valuation process including development appraisals.
•A good knowledge of property “general practice” matters including leases, legal titles, environmental and construction issues and their impact on value.
•Ability to understand and analyse property valuations \\ development appraisals \\ cash flows using input from your own research and contacts.
•Ability to build strong relationships whilst working within a strong risk mitigating and compliance driven culture.
•Excellent time management skills and ability to work on and deliver several projects concurrently.
•Exceptional communication skills with a well-developed ability to write concise reports along with the ability to discuss \\ present any property matters to the audit team and clients when required.
•Diligence, with an eye for forensically analysing reports, valuations and data.
•Good Microsoft Excel skills.
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth. The team offer deep treasury expertise in financial products and markets, risk management, systems, governance, valuation and accounting, and work closely with other high impact functions within KPMG such as Audit, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting to provide a wide range of treasury advisory and audit services, including:
- Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
- Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
- Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
- Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
- Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR and Basel III
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
- Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
- Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
- Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
- Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
- Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders
To support our growing sustainability/ESG (‘Environmental, Social and Governance’) and non-financial information assurance business across Audit we have a fantastic opportunity for Assistant Managers to join our team and assist in providing large corporate companies in different sectors, including those from the FTSE 100, with assurance over a wide variety of topics.
These topics include Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions, waste, water, community investment, sustainable supply chains, health and safety (H&S), diversity, gender pay gap, responsible investing and other non-financial information.
They will be responsible for delivering these assurance engagements from within an exciting and newly formed Assurance hub. And they will also have the opportunity to support on providing ESG reporting advice to non-audit clients.
We appreciate that everybody has their own unique circumstances and we will do our best to accommodate yours, creating a schedule that works for you and allows you to have the work-life balance that you are looking for.
Our Intelligent Working scheme covers a variety of options which includes:
• Part-time working
• Glide time, which means starting work between 8:00am and 10:00am and finishing between 4:00pm and 6:00pm
• Working from home for one or more days every week
• Unpaid leave, in which you choose to take up to three months off work without pay
Many members of our team currently make use of our flexible working policy. Follow the link below to find out more about how this works for them, but also how you could benefit from it too:
The Role - Responsibilities
• You will work with managers to deliver sustainability/ESG assurance and reporting advice on specific clients, working to agree timetables, developing the scope of work and deliverables, drafting and working through work programmes, conducting testing and carrying out assurance fieldwork, reporting and project management.
• Delivering engagements in line with the assurance standards ISAE 3000 and ISAE 3410 or equivalent.
• Preparing the documentation on the assurance file in line with KPMG’s quality standards and our internal KPMG Assurance Manual.
• Juggle multiple client requests when working on different sustainability/ESG Assurance engagements
• Assist the manager in completing engagement and client acceptance procedures
• Reporting to the manager on the engagement on progress, findings and client deliverables.
• Draft engagement letters for known/current/ongoing sustainability/ESG Assurance work
• Coach and oversee work performed by onshore and offshore juniors
• Support the manager in engagement finances and budgeting
• Support in developing and improving the standardised Assurance work programmes
• Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex sustainability/ESG assurance issues.
• Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
The Person - ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Inquisitive mind with a strong passion for sustainability and ESG issues.
- Willingness and demonstrated experience in quickly and effectively climbing learning curves.
- Some years of experience in a sustainability/environmental related field, including experience of delivering sustainability assurance engagements for large clients (ideally FTSE 350 or equivalent) under ISAE 3000 and ISAE 3410.
- A 2:1 degree or above from a recognised university or institution in a sustainability/ESG related degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong understanding of industry reporting frameworks such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines, TCFD and the GHG Protocol.
- An ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues, or escalate as appropriate.
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment.
- Focus on delivering high quality work whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word/PowerPoint.
KPMG’s Pensions Centre of Excellence (PCoE) is an exciting new initiative with rapid growth and new opportunities which has been established to standardise the audits of defined benefit pension plans, driving a consistent approach and audit documentation to ensure delivery of high quality audits. Over the next few years, the PCoE will assist selected engagements with delivering the pensions audit. These engagements will vary in size and complexity but with a focus on our largest FTSE 250 listed entities across a variety of industries to gain in-depth knowledge which will aid the development of the work deliverables as well as a seamless and efficient delivery process.
We are now looking for talented Senior Managers with audit experience to join us in either a full or part-time role. You will be expected to help develop as well as lead the pensions audit delivery from planning through to execution, review and to conclusion across a portfolio of clients and will be responsible for interfacing with audit teams and audit entities. This will also involve interfacing with internal and external specialists as well as audit entity pension teams.
Senior Managers will be a key contact with the central KPMG audit team, with responsibility for assisting in managing the day-to-day relationship with KPMG Audit and for ensuring delivery to agreed timescales.
The role will consist of working to tight deadlines and delivering a seamless service to audit entities of all sizes but with a focus on our large and complex FTSE listed entities and groups across a wide range of sectors.
We are offering both full-time and part-time roles with flexible working arrangements. We would be happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Responsibility to help develop the centre of excellence including the delivery process, standardised work programmes, and the skills and experience of the staff.
• Manage a portfolio of clients and ensure timelines are met to deliver an excellent service to our clients.
• Maintain regular, open and honest communication whilst working together with the lead audit team and in some cases the audit entity.
• Understanding and challenging the risk assessment for each client, ensuring the extent of work is appropriately scoped.
• Review the completed work and ensure the audit work is delivered to a high quality in accordance with KPMG Audit Methodology.
• Reporting to audit engagement signing Partners and Directors on all salient points arising from the audit procedures performed.
• Visits to clients/ local offices as necessary.
• Seek the facts to provide insight and resolve technical issues, preparing technical analysis and involving specialists to prepare or review analysis.
• Deliver training to wider department.
• Follow KPMG best values.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or international equivalent.
• Hold at least seven years’ experience in audit and one year as a senior manager.
• Experienced in review and development of underlying working papers.
• Self-driven and resilient and able to thrive in a pressurised environment.
• Ability to identify and resolve technical issues, or escalate as appropriate.
• Well-developed team management and supervisory skills with the ability to motivate a team and lead by example.
• Ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals (internal or external) at different levels of seniority.
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
• The desire to work in a diverse environment and undertake new challenges.
• Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, prioritisation, organisation and evaluative skills.
• Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Monitors and upholds high quality of service to clients (internal and external).