I'm looking for
Search results for "Senior Manager - Workforce"
Senior Manager – Workforce, People Consulting - UK Wide
Service Line: People Consulting
Senior Manager, Operations - Supply Chain
Service Line: Operational Transformation
Lead Cloud Architect - Senior Manager
Service Line: MC Technology
Intelligent Automation - Senior Manager
Service Line: Operational Transformation
SAP Finance Senior Manager
Service Line: MC Technology
Senior Manager – Learning – Corporates People Consulting - UK Wide
Service Line: People Consulting
KPMG is acknowledged as a leading advisor and professional services provider to the UK Healthcare industry with hundreds of professionals daily supporting our clients across the country. You will be joining a successful and growing team, who are looking to consolidate recent year on year growth and deliver a step change in the size and reach of our practice including growing international revenues. This is an exciting opportunity for talented individuals who are looking to grow their skills and abilities within a well regarded and rapidly expanding team, offering clear progression opportunities.
We are keen to recruit talented people who have the energy and drive to succeed in a dynamic and challenging environment and who have a passion for delivering excellent service and building strong relationships in healthcare.
The team works in an agile and flexible manner, with plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and gain new knowledge. We are keen to support and develop our people to enable them to be the best they can be.
We believe we are market leaders in promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace and want to encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.
Take a look at our website with the link below to see “What Makes Us Different”
As a senior manager in our growing IGH practice, you will play a lead role in work across government and healthcare but have a primary focus on the delivery of work for clients related to the health and care workforce. You will also lead the design and delivery of a range of projects and large-scale programmes of work.
You will be working with clients from a broad spectrum of organisations, including the NHS and care sector organisations, regulators in health, care, education, and government departments.,
Joining our industry leading IGH practice will expose you to work on a range of high-profile assignments helping organisations, politicians, policy makers and civic leaders address their most challenging issues
This role will focus on the growth of our revenue, team, offers and market presence focusing on workforce. Specifically, expanding our market in agile workforce planning and related workforce solutions to health and care systems, including provider organisations across England. This means that you will take a lead role in building client relationships, business development from marketing and proposal development to contract and delivery of the work.
You will benefit from working with and alongside specialists from a number of disciplines and experts from our Global Centres of Excellence. Given our position as one of the leading advisors to the NHS, social care, education providers and local and central government we are frequently approached to support the most complex and high-profile programmes of work. Examples of this include our work with NHS England/Improvement, NHS Scotland, the Department of Health and Social Care, the Care Quality Commission, Nursing and Midwifery Council, General Medical Council, Health Education England and the NHS Leadership Academy,
- Propose and identify options and solutions to address complex client issues and challenges
- Perform a client delivery focused role which typically involves review of policy and regulatory issues, assessment of client need, development of appropriate solutions and communication and engagement with stakeholders and senior KPMG and client staff.
- Deliver and develop insightful proposals and propositions, which demonstrate KPMG’s market leading position.
- Develop networks across KPMG’s IGH team whilst also ensuring knowledge of wider firm services which can be used to add value for our clients on engagements.
- Be part of the proposal and delivery team on client engagements. Lead inclusive teams day-today to produce compelling analysis, presentations, reports and other deliverables that are well drafted and concise, whilst also addressing complex, politically-sensitive issues.
- Design, plan and facilitate events, workshops and interactive sessions to support our clients.
- Proactively maintain project oversight, including financial and project risk management.
- Proactively manage and provide guidance and people leadership to the wider team. Including building a diverse and inclusive team.
- Liaise regularly with the firm’s healthcare, education, and wider regulation teams.The Person
We expect that you will have
- Proven track record of delivering complex projects in healthcare, education, local government or related sectors.Knowledge and understanding of:
- You will be a talented and ambitious consultant with experience of a range of workforce related projects in health, education, central or local government, OR an experienced individual from the civil service, wider public sector or other industry sectors with a track record of policy development and project implementation skills.
- You will have the credibility and experience to lead KPMG and client teams to appraise, plan and deliver complex programmes of work.
- You will have a good understanding of the health and care policy agenda and demonstrate a strong desire to support clients in these areas.
- You will understand the changing nature of work and how this will shape the health and care workforce of the future
- You will have people and performance management experience, including experience of coaching or managing a wide range of staff.
- You will be experienced and comfortable presenting findings and analysis to boards and governing bodies of our clients and preparing papers and reports for quality review.
- Ideally, you will have experience of working with across a range of individuals and organisations and a keen interest in areas such as policy, service and workforce planning, the future of work, employee relations, the use of workforce analytics to inform strategy, how technology is shaping the way services and staff work and the role of health and care providers as anchor institutions .Qualification
The qualification for this role is not prescriptive. You will have considerable relevant experience and will need to demonstrate:
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment including taking initiative, consulting with others where needed, in ambiguous and fluid situations
- Experience of leading programmes and large-scale projects
- Proficient in the use of a range of IT applications.
- Hold Security Clearance or be able to obtain clearance when you join usYou are likely to meet the skills and experience required for this role if you have consultancy experience or if you have experience of working at in a regulatory or policy environment or in a Government body or equivalent.
The role can be based in anyone of our major offices in the UK (Birmingham, Nottingham, London, Leeds, Manchester, Bristol, Edinburgh/Glasgow).
Our Supply Chain Operations team of approximately 90 consultants are seeking experienced consultants and industry professionals to grow and develop our capability. Our brand and reputation mean that we work on high profile projects, using our experience to create innovative solutions to our clients’ commercial problems.
Within the Private Sector we work with many blue chip companies, including a number of FTSE 100 Clients and many regional based Clients, delivering improvements in their Supply Chain capability and how it aligns to the wider business, which is integral to their overall profitability.
Within the Public Sector we work with clients across Government, Defence, Police, NHS and Higher Education. We help them to meet challenging Government targets to deliver frontline services more effectively.
The key services are outlined below:
Digital Supply Chain
• Assessing, designing or implementing solutions which digitise the supply chain e.g.Omnichannel solutions in Retail, Consumer Goods or Telco
• Control Towers e.g. for Supply Planning, 4PL, Supply Chain Visibility
• SC Visibility solutions across the extended enterprise e.g. into customers and suppliers.
Supply Chain Analytics
• Providing analytical services, including spend analysis, maturity assessments, opportunity assessments and should cost modelling
• Supporting the quantification of potential savings and ongoing benefits tracking and realisation.
• Providing insight on the supply chain technology market across the value chain (plan, buy, make, sell, deliver)
Supply Chain Transformation
• Assessment of a client’s existing capabilities in the supply chain against leading practice
• Identifying improvement areas across people, process and technology
• Developing Supply Chain Strategy and business alignment
• Defining new operating models that enhance supply chain value creation and return on investment
• Designing improvements in Procurement capability including through the introduction of leading practice processes, organisation redesign, technology and cultural change
• Helping clients to develop a digital strategy for Supply Chain that leverages cloud based tools, advanced analytics, robotics process automation and AI solutions to optimise planning or execution of core supply chain processes (e.g. demand planning, supply planning, logistics management)
• Building a technology roadmap that drives speed to value for our clients
• Supporting the sourcing and evaluation of digital solutions to meet business requirements
A Senior Manager will be responsible for leading consulting work as part of a team, both alongside colleagues and clients, on complex commercial or transformational engagements
As well as leading teams to deliver these solutions, Senior Managers are also expected to lead practice development by developing and bringing to fruition new solutions, be actively engaged in driving new business development activity, provide a broad contribution to development of the overall team and input ideas to the management team.
Role & Responsibilities
• Primary focus on leading and delivering large, complex and transformational client facing programmes
• Forming and leading cross-functional project teams to deliver exceptional client outcomes on time, within budget and tailored to client requirements and expectations
• Establish and maintain relationships with clients with prospect to identify future opportunities
• Support clients on how new supply chain trends can impact their business (e.g. digital), and how they can adopt new technologies and ways of working to improve their operations and teams
• Partnering across KPMG to identify and deliver connected consulting opportunities
• Ownership and development of key strategical supply chain propositions
• Performance management, development and mentoring UK supply chain team
• Ownership and development of key supply chain services propositions
Depending on Client location you will be required to travel and work away from home for periods of time and will need to be willing to demonstrate flexibility.
The role will be based in Canary Wharf, London.
We are seeking an experienced Sr. Supply Chain Manager with a proven delivery record and senior leadership experience to lead complex commercial or transformational engagements for KPMG clients
• Prior consulting experience within supply chain / operations consulting
• Digital supply chain expertise
• Advanced supply chain analytics knowledge
• Expert understanding of supply chain processes – including: demand planning, supply planning, logistics management, Sales & Operational Planning (S&OP) or Integrated Business Planning (IBP)
• Experience leading multiple, large, complex supply chain transformation programmes
• Experience communicating compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems to a range of audience types including c-suite stakeholders
• Knowledge of financial business cases for change and rolling out cost restructuring initiatives
• Experience of change management in complex multi-business unit / multi-geography environments
• Experience of managing project plans, internal processes and budgets
The following experience would be of additional value:
• Blue Chip, FTSE 100, Fortune 500 company or central Government experience
• Experience in using data visualization and data analytics tools to support decision making;
• Familiarity with agile principles and project management methodology e.g. Scrum
• Extensive knowledge of the current supply chain technology market
• Project management and high quality delivery.
• Leadership and relationship building.
• Drive and resilience
• Strong people management skills, with an ability to coach and develop others.
• Stakeholder management and political navigation
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Ability to rapidly identify issues and propose solutions, supported by data and analysis.
• Facilitation and conflict resolution
• Extensive sales experience
• Excellent commercial acumen and business context.
• Broad consulting skills, including planning and delivering workshops, structured interviewing, data gathering, process mapping and analysis.
• Security clearance BPSS / SC are a plus
• Applicants should be educated to degree level or equivalent. Postgraduate or professional qualification (e.g. MBA/CIPS/CILT) is advantageous.
- Provide Solutions Architecture advice on major projects, including leading the delivery of client engagements
- Educate clients on the benefits and value proposition of Cloud
- Ensure success in building and migrating applications to the cloud
- Work across major cloud providers like AWS, Microsoft and Google, leveraging our existing relationships to generate new business
- Help define and drive the strategy of the Cloud Transformation team
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to team members
- Significant experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
- Strong experience in efficiently hosting scaled applications in the cloud. Hands-on experience with either AWS, Azure or GCP is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- History of successful technical consulting and architecture engagements with large-scale customers or enterprises
- Great presentation and persuasion skills with both executives and developers
- Strong written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
What we’d love you to have as well but it’s not a deal-breaker
- Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop, etc.), products (i.e., Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, TOGAF etc.)
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Experience working within Financial Services or other large Enterprises
- Technical degree desired; Computer Science or Maths background highly desired
What we can offer
- Generous pay and benefits such as a subsidised lunch, health care, pension, cycle to work, free day off to celebrate your birthday.
- An amazing, fun team of highly talented engineers to work with
- Scale – work with some of the biggest businesses in the world on solutions that really matter to them
- Flexible and considerate working hours
- Excellent relationship with vendors and access to authorities within their field.
A genuine love for technology and a commitment to learn about the latest and greatest in the industry
In KPMG's Financial Services Consulting practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both - equally well. Indeed, it's this broad capability that's seen us accelerate to become a 1000-strong team in less than five years. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors.
In Transformation Services we improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the finance function and generate real insights to help deliver value to the business. Our mission statement is to create a sustainable practice which is recognised as being number one in the industry.
We are structured by capabilities (Powered Finance, Transformation Services 2.0, Enterprise Performance Management, Regulatory Driven Change, Global Banking Services) but our consultants also have deep industry expertise.
The Transformation Services team are seeing financial institutions face a period of unprecedented change in terms of the number of new initiatives, their complexity and the interplay between different regulations. In addition, we are seeing continuing pressure on costs and an increased appetite for Digital Transformation. KPMG are recruiting into our Intelligent Automation team (banking, insurance and asset management) team to help tackle their clients’ issues. We are looking to recruit candidates at Senior Manager level with skills to support our growth strategy, to work in our team and across our financial transformation capability offerings.
Our Intelligent Automation practice is a priority area for significant and strategic growth and the team works with leading Financial Services organisations, focussing on improving the effectiveness and efficiency of their front, middle and back office functions. The key drivers of change for our clients are Improving resilience, Customer Experience, Cost Reduction, Regulatory Compliance, Technology and Finance & Risk Transformation and our service offerings reflect this demand.
Our go to market approach is business-focused and our solutions are developed around client issues.
As part of this team, you will be working with a broad range of clients from the initial business case development, process analysis and re-engineering, automation strategy formulation, roadmap development and design analysis, through to implementation.
Your responsibilities as a Senior Manager:
Responsibility for leading programmes and projects of large size and complexity, with respect to planning, managing and executing the delivery of engagements, including scoping and key deliverables, oversight for functional and technical resources, initial point of escalation during deliveries and the review and quality assurance of work products
Leading the delivery of projects or programme workstreams of large size and complexity (Business Architecture and process design and mapping, documenting automation strategies
Intelligent Automation & Transformation:
• Lead on Automation Strategy, Roadmap and Business Case development. Identification of automation opportunities and prioritisation
• Identifying appropriate automation capability to address client need. Supporting in capturing user stories, solution design and delivery using agile methodologies
• Lead functional detailed design and leveraging appropriate automation technologies to reduce risk, introduces consistent design patterns and keeps delivery teams productive and on schedule.
• Conducting workshops, leading design for functional requirements – user stories, and contributing to design thinking
• Designing/re-designing business processes
• Lead co-ordination with functional SME teams
• Guiding delivery teams and business units
• Working with onshore and offshore development teams and running sprint planning sessions & daily stand ups
• Review prioritisation of backlog in addressing key functional requirements
• Management of scope and monitoring of sprint velocity
• Facilitates discussions for compromise and agile planning/management discussions
• Assist Designer / Delivery team members
• Oversight UAT Phase
• Co-ordination of pursuits with connected businesses and Intelligent Automation Centres of Excellence
Risk management: Identifying and managing risks, engagement assurance and commercial risk management and ensuring the Firm's frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively
People development: Leading large teams, identifying team member development needs and accelerating development with particular emphasis on managing and mentoring engagement team members, coaching and skills transfer
Practice development: Taking a lead role in developing initiatives, and designing and developing thought leadership papers and new methodologies
Business development: Developing and sustaining relationships both internally and with clients, vendors and member firms, including leading business development activity (including developing, contributing to and presenting proposals/ bids for future work)
Successful candidates should have excellent Banking, Asset Management or Insurance knowledge and demonstrate the following skills:
- Professional qualification e.g. Accountancy qualification
- Understanding of key performance and cost challenges across Financial Services, being able to translate industry challenges into strategic solutions
- Extensive experience working in the Financial Services industry, through operational or business change roles
• Programme delivery and Intelligent Automation engagements
• Knowledge of BPM (Appian/Pega), RPA (Blue Prism), Data ingestion solutions (Xceptor, Alteryx) Artificial Intelligence, and integration technologies
• Working with product owners to interpret business requirements
• Working as a delivery lead and/or scrum master working with functional and development team
• Proficient oversight and review of unit tests and screen mock-ups
Strong understanding of:
• The software delivery lifecycle, including a thorough understanding of Agile, Scrum, Kanban and Waterfall
Strong business analysis skills, organised and structured approach to work/problem solving
Experienced client handler and managing senior stakeholders as part of a project delivery
- Proven track record in delivering high quality programme, project or assignment outputs
- Skilled in documenting and understanding process design and performance patterns
- Trained and Qualified as in automation / low code technologies e.g. Appian, Pega, Out Systems, ServiceNow
- Well-rounded understanding of low code technologies and application building requirements
- Experienced in process discovery, documentation, analysis, scoping, and optimization
- Understanding of using Business Process Diagram design tools e.g. BlueWorks
- Self-starting, pro-active team player that is experienced in working in challenging environments and within a multi-disciplined team
- Ability to create and deliver high level presentations and output reviews to senior executives/stakeholders and business managers
- Ability to perform structured analysis to identify automation opportunities, and provide best practice knowledge with regards to scoping and delivery
Powered Enterprise is KPMG’s world-class accelerated Enterprise Business Transformation approach for cloud-based solutions that uses pre-designed back-office leading practices and KPMG’s six-layer Target Operating Model. It enables clients to make better, faster decisions, resulting in a quicker implementation and a faster path to Return on Investment. This solution combines the breadth and scale of KPMG’s leading practice, capabilities and insight into a complete solution for an effective back-office.
The Powered Apps teams are communities of technology focussed professionals who work together to deliver KPMG Powered Enterprise though a standardised delivery model, which drives professional delivery to clients. The teams use their functional knowledge and experience (e.g. Finance, HR, Procurement), coupled with their expertise in the cloud applications (e.g. SAP, Workday, Coupa) to lead and deliver client programmes, support pre-sales activities and develop improvement and extensions to Powered Enterprise.
We are seeking talented individuals with experience of SAP S/4HANA Finance and Central Finance advisory and implementation. This is a high-profile role within the team, requiring a balance of business development / sales origination and client delivery.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- As an Engagement Manager, lead the delivery of high-quality SAP S/4HANA advisory and delivery projects
- Provide specialist SAP advice and work closely with the client leads to optimise processes and maximise the benefits of SAP
- Contribute to business development and sales initiatives including bid, proposal and contract / commercial negotiations with our SAP clients
- Lead the growth of the SAP practice through sharing knowledge, developing thought leadership and supporting the career aspirations of team members
- Have a functional understanding of SAP S/4HANA Finance integration to other SAP modules; including SAP SD, MM, LE, PP.
- Advise on technical integration of the SAP application with other client and 3rd party tools/applications
- Advise on data migration and data integrity as part of the deployment engagement
- Proven Engagement Management experience
- Experience leading onshore, offshore and near-shore resources effectively to ensure the most efficient delivery for the client
- Proven relationship-building and influencing skills
- Facilitation and problem-solving skills
- Strong knowledge of S/4HANA configuration and best practices with a background in Finance
- SAP system design, build and deployment experience – 2 full lifecycle implementations preferred
- Business analysis and requirements gathering abilities
- Detailed working knowledge of how Finance processes are enabled within SAP Finance application
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) whether this is with client stakeholders or remote development teams
- Experience of facilitating a design workshop and then translating the requirements into design
- Ability to build strong client relationships based on subject matter expertise and quality of delivery
- Ability to effectively transfer knowledge and flex the approach according to the situation
- Ability to learn technology quickly through instruction
- Proven ability to collaborate and build strong relationships with varying team members
- Strong functional knowledge of Finance, Controlling, Central Finance and SAP Integrations relevant to Finance.
- Experience as a configuration expert and/or project manager of enterprise software deployments
People Consulting is an integral part of KPMG’s Management Consulting practice. The team draw upon the knowledge of a wide range of in-house experts, as well as collaborate globally with other People Consulting teams, to enable organisational transformation. The team revolutionise the way people are led, managed and developed, to ensure organisations of all shapes and sizes are future-ready.
Client megatrends and challenges which People Consulting is accustomed to dealing with include regulatory changes, disruptive technology, globalisation, changing customer needs, demographics and business impact on the environment.
People Consulting focus upon a number of key areas to support these challenges including: digitally enabled employee engagement; skills and capabilities; agile organisation and workforce; shaping the future of the workforce; people change and leadership capability; value-driving efficient and cost effective HR, powered by tech; predictive insightful people consulting.
The events of last year have really put Talent at the top of the CEO agenda and with the ever widening skills gap and the massive need for re-skilling and up-skilling, there is a huge opportunity to make an impact on our clients’ organisations as they are looking to build back better for the next reality.
This is an exciting time to be joining our team! You will have the opportunity to work with FTSE100 clients across a broad range of industries, including Energy, Telecoms, Retail, Life Sciences and Aerospace & Defence, shape our approach to learning and further develop our capability.
We are seeking talented individuals who are as excited as we are about the potential Learning has to make a positive impact on individuals and organisations and want to help us push the boundaries to develop innovative learning solutions and establish ourselves as thought leaders in the learning space.
As a Senior Manager in the team, we will expect you to:
• Apply Learning knowledge and understanding of current trends to enhance our existing solutions or create new ones to address clients’ strategic requirements and needs
• Help build our presence as a thought leader in the Learning space
• Leverage your Learning expertise and network to generate new client opportunities
• Manage large programmes and a team of consultants
• Build and manage relationships with clients on a daily basis and establish trust through deep expertise and commitment to quality
• Identify opportunities to maximise the value we are delivering to our clients
• Be a career coach for up to 4 consultants helping them to develop and progress their careers
About your experience
• Expertise in defining the right learning strategy, delivery model, governance, evaluation and sustainability for the learning and development needs
• Knowledge of Learning Management Systems and learning technology
• Knowledge of best in class approaches to address capability gaps through learning and development solutions
• Understanding of learning managed service and the benefits it can bring to large-scale clients
• Significant experience of driving long-term business results by establishing interventions (e.g. learning academies) and embedding a learning culture
• Managed large and complex learning projects and rolled out large learning programmes
• Knowledge of leading practice around monitoring and measuring the impact of learning interventions
• Experience of consulting is preferred
• Passionate about learning and staying on top of industry developments
• Collaborative team player
• Innovative problem solver
• A life-long learner, passionate about sharing their knowledge
• Passionate about helping build the team and our learning capability