I'm looking for
Search results for "london"
Tax Consultant, Employment Solutions, London
Service Line: Employer Reward Svs
FS IT Audit Analyst - London
Service Line: FS Audit
Graduate Tax London Autumn 2022
Service Line: Tax
Consultant, FS GMS Technology, London
Service Line: Global Mobility Svs
AARTS Assistant Manager - London Regions
Location: Multiple locations
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
Assistant Manager - GCT Process and Governance - London
Service Line: Global Comp and Trans
We are looking for 10 IT Audit Analysts with FS client experience
- Tax & Law
- Programme Length:
- 36 months
- Dual qualification: ICAEW CFAB (or Scotland equivalent), ATT and CTA
- Entry Requirements:
As a general rule, you’ll be expected to meet the following requirements (*or equivalents)
- Minimum Grade 6 GCSE* Maths
- Minimum Grade 6 GCSE* English Language
- Minimum of 120 UCAS points* under the 2017 tariff point system at A Level
- Minimum 2:1 degree in any discipline
- Aberdeen, Birmingham, Bristol, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, Nottingham must have current RTW in the UK.
Please note, we only consider a candidate's 'top' 3 A-Level grades and do not accept General Studies.
At KPMG, we look at more than just your academic results. We will review your application, together with your performance in our assessments, to ensure that you have the best opportunity to demonstrate your potential. We will be considering your strengths and achievements alongside a number of other metrics, including technical background and/or experience, to ensure that you have the skills to succeed at KPMG.
- Key Skills:
Throughout the recruitment process we will be looking to learn more about your strengths.
To be successful on this programme, you will be required to demonstrate the strengths that we look for in our graduates at KPMG.
Learn more about what we look for and how to apply here.
GMS Technology – Consultant
KPMG’s People Services practice is a multi-disciplined group that provides tax compliance and advisory services to individuals and companies. The Global Mobility Services (GMS) group helps clients in relation to their international assignment, commuter, business traveller and Work from Anywhere programmes.
Service Line Information
KPMG's Global Mobility Services (GMS) practice is a diverse and fast-growing area of our Tax business. We serve some of the biggest names, with high-profile engagements touching every corner of the world. Our GMS engagement teams are put together to provide a complete service to our clients, with tax technical, client development and client-facing responsibilities as part of each successful candidates remit. The candidate will be ready for early assumption of responsibilities and close, regular contact with both the managers and our dynamic partner and director group.
Advancements in technology are rapidly changing the way companies do business globally. 2020 saw companies across the globe having to redefine how and where their employees could work and we echoed this in our offering, creating our Work from Anywhere technology which is continually being enhanced and updated to reflect the changing landscape.
The GMS Technology team comprises project managers and IT and Tax professionals who design, implement and support web-based and mobile technology. We work extensively with our Tax & People Services business teams and stakeholders at all levels across the whole KPMG global network to assist employers and employees manage every aspect of a globally mobile workforce. We are looking for individuals that can understand the business needs of our clients and will help design and deliver the next generation of our technology.
Your role would be varied and interactive from day one. We’ve seen how quickly the world of global mobility can change so we’re looking for people who can adapt and innovate in a changing landscape. You will be involved in implementing and running technology for clients across the globe from all sectors. Working as part of an international team, you will collaborate with clients to define their requirements and translate these into working solutions. Along the way you will work directly with developers and client customers in Tax, HR and Global Mobility. Throughout, you’ll also work with a wide variety of people at KPMG – from Graduates to Partners. You’ll have access to a wealth of industry expertise and knowledge, allowing you to develop and build your own skills and experience.
We are looking for a consultant with a keen interest and aptitude for technology that can apply their skills and knowledge in practical situations. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Working with clients in Tax, HR and Global Mobility to understand and advise on tax technical aspects of tax software implementation.
- Feeding into product design and process workflow within tools, bringing a tax technical aspect to tool development.
- Project management of client processes where KPMG are assisting as technical experts.
- Gathering and produce tax/technical requirements to a high degree of specification
- Assist in providing demonstrations and marketing of tools to existing and prospective clients on all application
- Financial management, including budgeting, raising client invoices and chasing payments
- Management of scope and an ability to identify where requests are out of scope
- Assist with all client queries related to our tools
- Involvement in business development/proposals
- Assist in analysis, testing and review of tax updates in our tools.
- Experience of building and maintaining relationship with clients and provide high levels of client service.
- Have excellent problem solving, analytical, people and organisational skills.
- Have excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manipulate large volumes of data
- Dynamic and flexible individual that adapts well to change
- Comfortable working as part of a global team
- Shows perseverance when faced with challenging situations but can remain focussed and motivated when dealing with routine tasks
- Confidence to question and challenge client needs
- Pro-active in following up and managing expectations effectively, prioritising tasks where needed
- Appreciation of the commercial environment we are working in.
- Experience in assisting with coaching and developing junior staff
The following skills are not essential but would be an advantage:
- Experience in systems, business analysis or project management
- Have knowledge or experience in employment taxes, business travellers; or in a tax or similar advisory role with a keen interest in technology.
- Any experience working on Tax, HR or Travel Management systems
- Any experience in tax consulting, working towards professional tax / accounting qualifications or a keen interest in this area
- Knowledge of any of the following a plus: MS Access, MS Excel (advanced), MS Project, MS Visio, Jira.
KPMG’s AARTS (audit and accounting related tax services) is a fast-growing specialism in our National Markets segment. Workings with the team you can expect to work on tax audit and reporting engagements with a wide range of large listed companies as well as the more complex mid-market, inbound and owner-managed businesses. The Role includes:
- Reviewing, testing and documenting technical tax disclosures prepared by clients and their independent advisers
- Working on technical tax reporting/accounting engagements under a variety of GAAPs
- Delegating delivery of work to junior colleagues whilst maintaining control of quality and timetables.
- Developing and maintaining internal relationships with the audit teams, and other departments;
- Keep up to date and share technical insights with rest of AARTS team.
- Working on other tax project work (M&A, international & domestic advisory) with other members of the KPMG NM tax team is also encouraged in quieter periods
You will have some of the following skills, qualifications and experience:
• Strong time and task management skills. Able to remain calm when under pressure and meet deadlines
We are looking for talented Assistant Managers to join us in Canada Square, London (although flexibility on location will be considered) with experience in a broad range of areas including:
- Tax compliance and reporting expertise
- Engagement delivery
- Tax governance and controls experience
- Transformation, transition and project management
- Client relationship management
- Developing standardised methodology
- Tax compliance process improvement/redesign experience
- Implementing tax technology to support compliance and reporting processes