I'm looking for
Search results for "ESG"
Associate Director - Strategy - ESG
Service Line: Strategy
Assistant Manager- ESG Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Manager, Climate Risks, Audit and Assurance, ESG
Service Line: Audit
Manager - Accounting Advisory Services, ESG
Service Line: Operational Transformation
Sustainability Director - ESG
Service Line: Audit
ESG Manager - Financial Services Consulting
Service Line: Operational Transformation
The role of GSG is to work with C-level Executives to identify, structure and solve their most critical strategic issues across the economic and transaction cycles. As part of a fast-paced and dynamic group, our consultants offer strategic advice on financial, business and operating models to corporate, public sector and private equity clients.
In this role, you will work within the ESG Strategy team, which forms part of KPMG’s Strategy & Value Creation team in Deal Advisory. The market is undergoing unprecedented change in order to adapt and grow in a fast moving environment where demographic shifts, changing customer needs and expectations, technology advancements, geo-politics and regulatory change are increasing pressure on financial, business and operating models and driving disruption and sector convergence. We are looking for professional, talented individuals with a strong knowledge of ESG and a passion for identifying and creating innovative solutions.
As a team, we are a group of bright individuals who are passionate about having fun both inside and outside of work. It is an exciting time to join the ESG Strategy team as we are growing rapidly due to our unique propositions and the strength of our client relationships. Our market-leading propositions include:
• Sustainable Value Strategy
• ESG Landscape Assessments
• Enterprise-Wide Strategy
• Growth Strategy
• Circular economy strategy
• ESG Reporting advisory
Roles and responsibilities
You must have a passion for ESG and to help clients develop effective, responsible corporate strategies. To be a successful Associate Director in ESG Strategy, applicants will be expected to:
• Have in-depth expertise in ESG and experience in delivering consulting work in ESG Strategy, Circular Economy and/or other related fields
• Build deep client relationships and a trusted adviser by senior executives
• Support the identification, pursuit and conversion of the pipeline of business development opportunities
• Proactively manage on-sell and cross-sell opportunities, including other ESG propositions and Value Creation work
• Finalise the preparation of the client deliverables and identify the critical areas for debate
• Undertake scoping and fee negotiation on standard engagements
• Proactively develop thought leadership
• Lead the design of complex engagements and take responsibility for leading day to day delivery in conjunction with the Managing Director
• Lead complex storyboarding and shape the overall problem solving approach to develop recommendations
• Build and maintain a strong GSG and internal KPMG network
• Understand risk and ensure the Firm’s risk management frameworks are fully adhered to at all times
• Inspire, motivate, coach and develop project team members and appraisees, and give constructive 360 degree feedback
• Identify, design and lead critical and complex practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team
• Experience in the ESG field incorporating Strategy and Consulting work and a solid understanding of the related regulation and market dynamics
• Extensive experience of working for a strategy house, big 4 firm or central strategy / corporate development team of a large company
• Track record of working closely with large corporate clients and/or private equity to deliver high impact recommendations
• Detailed understanding of the value drivers within ESG including how to conduct client-specific materiality assessments
• Considerable experience of leading and managing complex projects
• Experience of managing or supporting high value business development activities with senior stakeholders
• Ability to manage and develop a team of junior staff who support the engagements
• Strong academics with ESG-related academic qualifications preferable
• Extensive consulting experience including sales and business development skills
• Evidence of strong problem-solving and analytical capabilities
• Detailed knowledge of preferably more than one area of ESG Strategy with the ability to talk credibly to C-level clients on the key issues, regulatory changes and strategic considerations facing the industry
• Structured thinking skills combined with creativity
• Ability to review and assess large volumes of technical data and distil the key strategic insights
• Ability to evaluate complex challenges and deliver insightful recommendations that can be practically executed
• Strong numerical capabilities combined with sound commercial acumen
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills
To support our growing sustainability/ESG (‘Environmental, Social and Governance’) and non-financial information assurance business across Audit we have a fantastic opportunity for Assistant Managers to join our team and assist in providing large corporate companies in different sectors, including those from the FTSE 100, with assurance over a wide variety of topics.
These topics include Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions, waste, water, community investment, sustainable supply chains, health and safety (H&S), diversity, gender pay gap, responsible investing and other non-financial information.
They will be responsible for delivering these assurance engagements from within an exciting and newly formed Assurance hub. And they will also have the opportunity to support on providing ESG reporting advice to non-audit clients.
We appreciate that everybody has their own unique circumstances and we will do our best to accommodate yours, creating a schedule that works for you and allows you to have the work-life balance that you are looking for.
Our Intelligent Working scheme covers a variety of options which includes:
• Part-time working
• Glide time, which means starting work between 8:00am and 10:00am and finishing between 4:00pm and 6:00pm
• Working from home for one or more days every week
• Unpaid leave, in which you choose to take up to three months off work without pay
Many members of our team currently make use of our flexible working policy. Follow the link below to find out more about how this works for them, but also how you could benefit from it too:
The Role - Responsibilities
• You will work with managers to deliver sustainability/ESG assurance and reporting advice on specific clients, working to agree timetables, developing the scope of work and deliverables, drafting and working through work programmes, conducting testing and carrying out assurance fieldwork, reporting and project management.
• Delivering engagements in line with the assurance standards ISAE 3000 and ISAE 3410 or equivalent.
• Preparing the documentation on the assurance file in line with KPMG’s quality standards and our internal KPMG Assurance Manual.
• Juggle multiple client requests when working on different sustainability/ESG Assurance engagements
• Assist the manager in completing engagement and client acceptance procedures
• Reporting to the manager on the engagement on progress, findings and client deliverables.
• Draft engagement letters for known/current/ongoing sustainability/ESG Assurance work
• Coach and oversee work performed by onshore and offshore juniors
• Support the manager in engagement finances and budgeting
• Support in developing and improving the standardised Assurance work programmes
• Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex sustainability/ESG assurance issues.
• Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
The Person - ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Inquisitive mind with a strong passion for sustainability and ESG issues.
- Willingness and demonstrated experience in quickly and effectively climbing learning curves.
- Some years of experience in a sustainability/environmental related field, including experience of delivering sustainability assurance engagements for large clients (ideally FTSE 350 or equivalent) under ISAE 3000 and ISAE 3410.
- A 2:1 degree or above from a recognised university or institution in a sustainability/ESG related degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong understanding of industry reporting frameworks such as the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines, TCFD and the GHG Protocol.
- An ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues, or escalate as appropriate.
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment.
- Focus on delivering high quality work whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word/PowerPoint.
Consistent, comparable, and reliable information on climate-related risks and opportunities will allow investors and capital markets to price risks and manage opportunities in a more accurate and efficient manner. This in turn will help investors, companies, regulators, and policymakers drive a successful and smoother transition to a net-zero economy. Yet many companies have not disclosed the significant assumptions embedded in their financials nor completed robust, quantified climate-related scenario analysis. Without that information the true costs and impacts of climate change on assets, securities and companies, as well as society overall, may be unidentified and not addressed. A robust independent audit plays a crucial role in disclosing material climate-related risks and its impacts on financial statements.
If you are interested to shape this new KPMG proposition, consider joining our Climate Risk team to ensure that the impact of climate change is accounted for and disclosed appropriately in the audited financial statements.
To support our growing team, we have a fantastic opportunity for a manager to challenge and review the assessment of climate risks for KPMG audit clients. The successful candidates will work across multiple engagements managing the delivery of key outputs. We are looking for heroes who can provide the perfect combination of passion, dynamism, enthusiasm, capability, accountability, and above all, the ability to be a great team player.
• Inquisitive mind with a strong passion for climate change related issues
• Identifying, researching and helping to answer complex climate risk related questions
• Willingness and demonstrated experience in quickly and effectively climbing learning curves
Stakeholder Interaction and Communication Skills
• A clear and engaging communicator: able to clearly define and communicate complex climate and accounting matters to stakeholders.
• Juggle multiple client requests when managing different engagements
• Strong stakeholder engagement and influencing skills with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally
Accountability and organisational skills
• Comfortable working with uncertainty in an evolving field.
• Focus on delivering high-quality work while maintaining excellent attention to detail
• Ability to manage many varied and complex tasks, resilient attitude towards conflicting priorities and challenges
• Contribute to the development of materials, tools and methodologies to support our climate risk proposition for use in client meetings, engagements, events, and broader thought leadership.
• Collaborate with global stakeholders on the development and coordination of climate risk offerings.
Desirable Expertise/Technical role requirements
Ideally, applying candidates will meet some of the requirements from the list below.
• Understanding of the risks faced by companies due to climate change
• Working knowledge of IFRS standards
• 7 or more years’ experience working in financial or professional services firm
The team provides specialist accounting and reporting advice to clients across a range of areas.
We are seeking an experienced ESG reporting expert to drive the growth of our ESG reporting proposition. The candidate will lead the delivery of engagements advising our clients on how to develop and improve their external reporting on ESG matters. Such matters might include Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions, waste, water, community investment, sustainable supply chains, health and safety (H&S), diversity, gender pay gap, responsible investing and other non-financial information.
The role would include providing advice to large financial institutions on best practice ESG reporting. This would include the application of relevant reporting industry reporting frameworks such as TCFD, SASB, GRI, CDSB and Integrated Reporting.
The role would often involve managing or working as part of a multi-services team which include specialists in ESG strategy, risk and regulatory capital, tax, finance and digital transformation.
Management of client ESG reporting related engagements, including leading BAA input into the multi-disciplinary teams
Managing the preparation and delivery of reports and presentations to help clients to understand and identify their material ESG issues, decide on their desired reporting maturity, and improve or redesign their public disclosures.
Providing senior clients with advice on the initial and continuing application of relevant industry reporting frameworks including TCFD, SASB, GRI, CDSB and Integrated Reporting.
Development and delivery of training on ESG topics to clients and internal KPMG teams
Building and maintaining strong relationships with senior client leaders.
People management and performance development including motivating and generating commitment from team members
Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
Demonstrate continuous self and team development.
Share knowledge with the team.
Actively contribute to BAA strategy and growth, team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.
Experience of leading and developing teams, managing budgets, strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities.
Experience (minimum 7 years) in a sustainability/environmental related field, including experience of preparing, assuring or advising on sustainability reporting for large financial institutions.
Expertise/ technical role requirements
Strong understanding of industry reporting frameworks such as TCFD, SASB, GRI, CDSB and Integrated Reporting.
Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word/Powerpoint.
Inquisitive mind with a strong passion for sustainability and ESG issues
Willingness and demonstrated experience in quickly and effectively climbing learning curves
An ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
Self-driven and resilient.
Ability to identify and resolve issues, or escalate as appropriate.
Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
Focus on delivering high quality work whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
We are seeking additional leaders to drive the growth of the team and provide deep relevant subject matter experience and insight, both from working in a UK environment, but also with good awareness of the international sustainability reporting landscape.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Operational accountability and responsibility for the delivery of sustainability reporting advisory engagements. Demonstrates a strong tone and culture supporting quality through communication, consultations, engagement support and commitment to maintain objectivity, professional scepticism, ethics and integrity. This includes leading KPMG engagements with clients and AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams.
• Providing sustainability reporting and accounting support including reports and presentations to client issues relating to key reporting frameworks, principles and standards including but not limited to TCFD, SASB, GRI, Integrated Reporting, UN SDGs, UN PRI and CDP. This may include:
o Providing training up to Board level on the importance of ESG to the business and the reporting landscape, both in the UK and internationally;
o Undertaking wide scope reporting advisory engagements to support clients with their reporting journey, from understanding desired maturity and materiality to producing good practice reports and being ready for assurance of key metrics.
o Undertaking advisory work with major FTSE listed businesses to enhance and improve their reporting quality and credibility.
o Supporting the adoption of new sustainability or integrated reporting frameworks, such as those mentioned above;
o Working alongside multidisciplinary KPMG teams to advise clients on ESG strategy design and implementation, data management and control, and through capital and debt market transactions.
• Ownership and delivery of quality, efficient and profitable engagements.
• Subject matter expert / thought leader on sustainability topics, including up to date awareness of the development of the field.
• Participate in KPMG and external international working groups on emerging ESG reporting standards, including having an active role in KPMG’s Global ESG team (KPMG Impact).
• Lead and be accountable for driving business development effort in the Corporate Reporting service line.
• Build and maintain excellent relationship with senior client staff.
• Build and maintain excellent relationship with other departments with whom AAS works closely e.g. Climate Change and Decarbonisation Strategy, ESG strategy, Audit, Assurance, Valuations, Deal Advisory.
• Deliver compelling engagement proposals which result in winning engagements.
• Development and delivery of sustainability and integrated reporting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
• Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
• Motivate and generate commitment from team members.
• Demonstrate continuous self-development and commitment to others development through coaching and leadership.
• Share knowledge with the team.
• Oversight and lead key pillars of AAS strategy, take accountability for overall team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.
Experience and Background
• Strong technical experience with key reporting frameworks, principles and standards including but not limited to TCFD, SASB, GRI, Integrated Reporting, UN SDGs, UN PRI and CDP
• Knowledge or experience with UK listed company reporting as well as UK statutory reporting requirements (e.g Strategic Report requirements, other Companies Act disclosure requirements, Listing Rules) desirable
• Up to date knowledge of recent developments in reporting both in the UK and internationally
• Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent) desirable
• Experience in leading and developing client relationships
• Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
• Experience of oversight of teams
• Experience of coaching and mentoring colleagues of all levels
• Experience working as an Advisory Director in a Top 10 Audit firm working within large corporate sectors preferred
• Business development experience including generating sales with new clients and developing internal networks
• Analytical ability and attention to detail
• Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
ESG is the fastest growing area of our Financial Services consulting business. Financial Services institutions not only have a responsibility to ensure their own business is environmentally and socially sustainable but also to act as the catalyst for change throughout our economy.
Our FS ESG team works hand in hand with financial institutions across the UK and globally – ranging from large house-hold names to boutique organisations. We consult across the breadth and depth of ESG issues: from top of the house strategy and vision through to detailed policy and reporting.
We are looking for experienced ESG experts to join our growing team, particularly those who have worked on sustainable finance solutions and who have a real passion for implementing practical change and innovative transformation.
Roles and responsibilities:
We are seeking an ambitious Manager who is comfortable working collaboratively with others. We need people who can understand complex problems, shape solutions and communicate with a clear and engaging style.
Indicative responsibilities of the role include:
- Working closely with a variety of clients across Banking, Insurance and Asset Management
- Manage projects across our FS ESG capabilities, ranging from small short-term projects to running workstreams within more complex projects with a team of consultants
- Manage relationships and chair meetings with senior client stakeholders
- Work closely with the project leader and team members to successfully deliver project outcomes
- Provide specialist and technical input and review of others’ inputs in the design and development of ESG transformation deliverables
- Contribute to the growth of our FS ESG practice through supporting business and proposition development activity, particularly developing thought leadership on trends in sustainable finance
- Work closely with a mixture of onshore and offshore team members
- Performance manage between 1 – 3 consultants and support with their development
Experience and skills
The successful candidate will have:
- In depth knowledge and experience working in the ESG space with Financial Services organisations
- Experience working with senior individuals in the Financial Services sector
- An understanding of ESG strategy, transformation roadmaps and policy setting
- Strong understanding of the current challenges and opportunities for the FS industry across ESG
- Experience delivering projects and outcomes and managing a team
- Ability to demonstrate a keen interest in ESG and an open mind set to continue learning
- ESG relevant qualifications preferred