I'm looking for
Search results for "deal advisory"
Deal Advisory - Data Science
Service Line: Deal Advisory Central
Associate Director, Strategy, Deal Advisory - TMT
Service Line: Deal Advisory Central
Manager - Infratech - Infrastructure Advisory
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Assistant Manager Accounting Advisory - London
Service Line: Audit
Assistant Manager - Deal Analytics
Service Line: Deal Advisory Central
The Deal Analytics Team works with KPMG Deal Advisory (Corporate Finance, Transaction Services and Value Creation) teams to deliver value-add insights on the fundamentals of a Target business.
You will be joining a fast-growing team within Deal Advisory that is driving value for our clients using data-enabled solutions. We are looking for Assistant Managers, Managers and Associate Directors to join this team - So what’s that actually mean?
Our team works on a variety of engagements across industries, and the analytics required will vary by engagement.
Utilise a hypothesis-driven, problem-solving approach to explore data sets and design, construct, and rapidly test/iterate exploratory analyses to identify patterns that will reveal insight and opportunities for the client
Perform machine learning, natural language, and statistical analyses, such as classification, collaborative filtering, association rules, sentiment analysis, topic modeling, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference, and validation methods
Deploy, test, and observe your analyses to ensure they meet the user's unique demands
Automate analyses and author pipelines via SQL and python based ETL framework
Retrieve, prepare, and process data from a variety of sources such as social media, transaction databases, and operational data
Develop interactive dashboards and reports
Propose techniques to apply based on experience and familiarity with the data set, innovating new techniques when necessary
Generate repeatable data and analytic processes using tools such as R, Python, Alteryx, Tableau, and SQL Server
Work with cross-functional KPMG team members to develop and present findings
Balance statistical rigor and thoroughness with cost and speed based on the client's budget and time frame
Own or participate in every component of a client deliverable, from identifying client needs to producing the final presentation and reports
Prioritize and effectively manage several deal deliverables across multiple deals and workstreams
Effectively align managers and staff on your engagements with their interests and general business needs to provide real time feedback and guidance to client and diligence providers to help ensure timely and efficient product delivery
Help maintain and win new business by working with Partners on client and target pitches and business development case books
Act as Performance Manager and mentor to staff
Seven years of experience working as a data scientist, or equivalent
Master's Degree or PhD in Math, Statistics, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science or Economics
Strong knowledge/experience in one or more of the following areas: Statistics, Operations Research, Machine Learning, Forecasting, and/or Natural Language Processing
Experience working with Spark, Hive, Athena or other related technologies; Fluency in R, Python, or Julia
Experience communicating the results of analyses with product and leadership teams to influence the strategy of the product; Ability to work in a Linux environment
Experience managing multiple projects and teams at the same time
Ability to make well-reasoned, data-driven decisions in ambiguous or interpretive business situations
Proven project management ability: planning, organizing, coordinating and managing staff, clients and/or partners towards the successful completion of a project
Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to thoroughly yet concisely explain:
Technical concepts and analytics-driven findings
Business processes, concepts, challenges, and issues to non-technical resources
Desire to work in fast-paced, team-oriented, loosely-structured environment
Travel as necessary, 10% - 30%
KPMG’s Technology, Media, Sport and Telecoms (TMT) Practice are looking for an Associate Director to join the Strategy & Deal Advisory team, in London.
The team advises TMT focused Private Equity funds and Corporates throughout their investment cycle, helping to shape strategic investment decisions and value creation programmes based on Buyouts, Mergers, Acquisitions, Divestitures, Strategic Partnerships, Digital Innovation, Operational Improvement, and International Expansion.
The team blends together strategic and financial skills to enable and support both organic and inorganic value enhancement initiatives. Key service offerings include Growth strategy, M&A strategy/origination, Commercial due diligence, Financial business planning, Portfolio strategy, 100-Day Planning and Enterprise-wide transformation.
The team works closely with and brings to bear other functional capabilities inside KPMG Deal Advisory and the wider firm, including Transaction Services, Integration & Separation, Data & Analytics, Pricing, Customer Experience and the IOT competence centre.
This role is ideal for a bright, high energy and intellectually curious individual that thrives in fast paced client engagements and wants to develop into a strategist with an investor mindset.
Roles and responsibilities
To be an effective Associate Director within Strategy & Deal Advisory, applicants will be expected to:
•Support the design of complex engagements and take responsibility for leading day to day delivery
•Translate the client brief into manageable work streams
•Lead hypothesis generation, complex storyboarding and shape the overall problem solving approach to develop insights and recommendations
•Coordinate and inspire other members of the team, providing coaching, direction and constructive feedback
•Ensure quality control and consulting best-practices adoption (analytical accuracy, best-in-class data insights, infographics, reports and written/verbal delivery)
•Interact with the senior client team credibly and effectively
•Support client development activity including thought leadership, pitches preparation and proposals writing
•Actively develop own knowledge and expertise in chosen proposition(s) and sub sector(s) of choice Identify, design and lead critical and complex practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team
•Build and maintain a strong internal network across the global TMT practice
•Understand risk and ensure the Firm’s risk management frameworks are adhered to
Qualifications and Skills
To succeed in this demanding role an applicant will need to demonstrate the following:
• A first class degree from a leading institution (MBA a strong plus)
• Evidence of strong problem-solving and analytical capabilities
• Detailed knowledge of preferably one or more of the TMT sectors with the ability to talk credibly to C-level clients on the key issues, technological changes, competitive dynamics and strategic considerations facing the industry
• Structured thinking skills combined with creativity (‘both brains’ thinking)
• Ability to review and assess large volumes of technical data and distil the key strategic insights
• Ability to evaluate complex scenarios and produce insightful recommendations that can be practically executed
• Strong numerical capabilities combined with sound commercial acumen
• Excellent English written and oral communication skills
• Other language skills would be a strong bonus
Experience & Background
Applicants will need to display the following:
• Significant experience of working for a strategy house or corporate strategy/development team of a highly acquisitive TMT company
• Detailed understanding of the commercial and financial value drivers within one or more of the TMT sectors
• Considerable experience of managing complex projects in at least one among the technology, media, entertainment, SaaS / business information or telecommunications sectors
• Experience of managing or supporting high value business development activities with senior stakeholders
• Demonstrable ability to build and commercialise relationships with senior executives in corporate or private equity environments
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax, Pensions & Legal, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
As a firm we help our clients navigate their biggest issues and opportunities. We aim to be universally recognised as a great place for great people to do their best work – a firm known for our collaborative and inclusive culture. And we will take pride in driving lasting, positive change in society.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Infrastructure is evolving: assets are becoming smarter and better connected. The opportunities for exploiting technologies to drive value from infrastructure and assets have never been greater.
Our Infrastructure Advisory Group (IAG) advises major public and private sector infrastructure and asset-intensive organisations across all sectors, including Natural Resources, Energy, Power, Utilities, Transport, Oil and Gas, Defence, Health and Education. We are strengthening our Infratech capability to meet increasing demand from these organisations in support for how to use data, analytics and technology to unlock value from their assets and infrastructure.
This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities building upon a global capabilities in Infrastructure, Asset Management and Data Analytics.
We are seeking an ambitious and innovative professional who is passionate about infrastructure and technology, with the skills and desire to combine the two to drive improvements for our clients.
You will be responsible for helping grow and deliver our Infratech business, working with client organisations and other KPMG teams to develop our offerings and value propositions.
- Support the IAG Infratech Lead in developing our Infratech value propositions
- Manage teams to deliver Infratech engagements
- Develop technology solutions for client challenges
- Work with KPMG’s global Infratech network to identify, develop and deploy appropriate tools and methodologies
- Work with KPMG’s technology and data analytics team to develop and deploy proof of concepts and solutions
- Develop partnerships with third party providers to develop an ecosystem of solutions for client issues
Leadership & Management:
- Engagement Management of project teams ( to deliver small-medium client engagements.
- Management of quality and risk on engagements to meet KPMG standards.
- Financial management of engagements including budgeting, reporting and invoicing processes.
- Performance Management and mentoring of IAG junior employees
Stakeholder Interaction & challenges:
- Client facing role for both business development and delivery, including stakeholder management and workshop facilitation.
- Liaise with technical teams on the client side to support productionising of proof of concepts.
- Change management of client teams to embed solutions and supporting processes.
- Develop internal networks with other data, analytics and technology teams in KPMG
Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance:
- The role will have a material impact on the success of the Infratech offering and its growth within IAG.
- The role will be client facing and have direct impact on the reputation and perception of KPMG
- The role has financial responsibilities through Engagement Management.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Experience working with data, analytics and technology in an infrastructure or asset-intensive organisation
- Broad understanding and interest in multiple infrastructure industry sectors
- Deep knowledge of at least one industry within construction, transport, power, utilities and defence.
- Demonstrable experience of innovative thinking
- Experience of delivering projects within a disruptive sector, such as a technology startup
- Experience in managing consultancy or client facing assignments
- Experience working on complex change programmes
- Experience building business cases for funding
Expertise / Technical role requirements
- Knowledge of asset management
- Understanding of broader Asset Management good practice (ISO 55001 and IAM/GFMAM 39 subjects)
- Understanding of cloud technologies and their use in scaling solutions
- Excellent facilitation and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to bring complex data, analytics and technology concepts to life for non-specialist audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects for multiple stakeholders and balance time across these appropriately
Summary of Role Purpose:
Work as a key member of the growing Accounting Advisory Services team. The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range of areas. Projects focus on the application of technical accounting – in particular accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, preparation of financial statements or carve out accounts, merger and acquisition activity, implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training – often working as part of cross-functional teams including Transaction Services, Corporate Finance, Audit and Tax.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants to continue to extend the depth and breadth of accounting based services, in the areas listed above and beyond.
Description of the role:
Providing IFRS and UK GAAP accounting advice to external clients on challenging accounting issues such as mergers and acquisitions and the implementation of new standards.
Working with other teams within KPMG such as deal advisory/ tax to provide technical accounting support on cross-firm client projects (e.g. due diligence).
Development and delivery of client workshops and accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams.
Helping grow our business through building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals.
Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities.
Leadership & Management
The role is primarily delivery focused reporting to managers and senior managers however may include leading teams of up to 4 people (depending upon the engagment nature).
Stakeholder Interaction & Challenges
The team supports external clients and work alongisde other KPMG teams (e.g. tax, deal advisory) to address complex accounting issues requiring expertise of relevent accounting standards. An Assistant Manager would be able to interact with a number of stakeholders both internally and externally.
Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance
The role is to provide accounting advice to external clients. Engagments vary in magnitude and oversight shall be provided suitable to the needs of an individual engagment.
- 3-5 years in practice including technical accounting experience
- Strong technical accounting experience with IFRS
- Proven ability to build strong client and colleague relationships
- Demonstrated analytical ability and attention to detail
- UK GAAP and Companies Law knowledge is preferred
- Experience with recent developments in accounting, in particular with IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
Expertise / Technical Role Requirements
Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
Strong technical accounting knowlege in IFRS (UK GAAP and Companies Law preferable)
- Strong abilities to develop relationships with collegues and clients
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Problem solving attitude
- Enquiring mind, willingness to learn and try new things
- Analytical ability and attention to detail
An exciting opportunity to become part of a new team within deal advisory using and developing a combination of data analytics and financial due diligence.
KPMG’s Deal Analytics team focuses on fundamental business issues managing risk, increasing revenues, controlling costs that organisations, across various industries, should address in order to help them flourish. We help companies to identify and manage risks inherent in business processes and technology systems that support business objectives, and provide them with the information needed to help them meet their strategic and financial goals.
The Deal Analytics team work with big data tools to interrogate large volumes of financial data in order to provide insights into profitability and other financial metrics during a transaction. We are also developing additional toolsets to help clients understand their business both during and post deal.
Roles and Responsibilities
•Research and study the business for a given project, critically dissect the strategy and develop insightful analysis
•Work closely with both offshore and research teams to support analysis
•Work with financial due diligence teams to provide deep business analytics and integrate findings into product deliverables
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Background
•Significant experience in strategy consulting , financial analysis, mergers & acquisitions, transaction services, advisory, public accounting, or financial audit
•Experience in project management including: planning, organizing, coordinating and managing staff, clients and/or partners towards the successful completion of a project
•Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
•Superior analytical skills using financial modelling, research, and accounting analysis, proficiency with financial research tools
•Excellent written and verbal communication skills