I'm looking for
Search results for ""
Work Experience Discovery - Insight Week Glasgow TBC 2020
Service Line: Discovery - Insight Week
Corporate Tax Compliance Assistant Manager - Funds specialist
Service Line: Tax Central
- Programme Length:
- 2 days (virtual)
- Entry Requirements:
- Minimum 5 GCSEs at A* - C or 4 - 9 (inc. English Language and Maths) or for Scotland qualifications a minimum 5 Standard Grades 1 – 3 (inc. English and Maths), or equivalent Intermediate/National 5 qualification.
- Minimum predicted grades equivalent to 104 UCAS points at the end of Year 13/S6 e.g. BCC at A Level or equivalent. We only consider a candidate’s top 3 A Level grades and do not accept General Studies.
You will also need to meet the Access Accountancy criteria in order to make an application to the KPMG Discovery programme. This initiative supports young people from low income families to have access to the accountancy profession. You will need to:
- Attend state school or college, and
- Be eligible (or have been eligible) for free school meals (or attend a school with ‘above regional average’ free school meals*), or
- Your immediate family did not attend university.
*Free School Meals are a statutory benefit available to school-aged children from families who receive other qualifying benefits and who have been through the relevant registration process. It does not include those who receive meals at school through other means e.g. boarding school.
- Key Skills:
- Throughout the programme we will be looking for you to demonstrate and reflect on the strengths that we look for at KPMG.
- To get the most out of Discovery you'll need to be curious, ask questions, and be enthusiastic to learn and develop for yourself and your work.
- We are looking for someone who can spot new opportunities and has the initiative and resilience to make the most of them.
We are now looking for a talented Tax Assistant Manager with Funds tax experience to join us here.
You will be able to demonstrate exceptional tax compliance skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines and produce a first class product ready for issue to our clients. This will involve working closely with tax professionals based in all of KPMG’s UK offices, along with our offshore partners (who manage processing aspects), to deliver a seamless service to our clients.
We can offer a full time or part time role with flexible working arrangements which include, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We would be happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Maintain a portfolio of clients and take responsibility for ensuring their tax computations are prepared to a high standard, on a timely basis and finalised and submitted to HMRC within agreed deadlines.
- Work with the KPMG local office teams nationally and/or the client directly to understand the requirements at the start of each compliance cycle and provide instructions to the tax computation preparers.
- Potential visits to clients/ local offices when appropriate.
- Review the draft tax computation produced to ensure correct treatment of items and determine whether further information is required.
- Liaise with the client to obtain additional information if required, feeding back to the tax computation preparers to enable them to provide an updated draft computation for subsequent review.
- Identify and resolve technical issues, preparing technical analysis and involving specialists as appropriate to prepare or review analysis.Deliver a high quality, technically accurate final draft tax computation, ready for final review by a manager/senior manager and sending to the client.
- Provide advice and support to the KPMG local office team and/or client, as requested, including for example providing assistance in the drafting of responses to HMRC correspondence and preparing tax accounting disclosures.
- Develop and maintain relationships and act as primary liaison with KPMG local office teams and our offshore partners.
- Work with client administrators to ensure client administration and risk procedures are completed appropriately, liaising with KPMG local office teams as needed.
- Identify opportunities to provide additional services that the client may require and liaise with subject specialists.
- Follow KPMG best practice and policy.
Qualifications and skills
We welcome applications from those qualified by experience, as well as ATT / CTA / ACA or equivalent qualifications.
Experience and background
- Experience of review of funds tax computations and returns.
- Ability to identify and resolve technical issues, or escalate as appropriate.
- Experience of specific technical areas including: corporate streaming, offshore funds, foreign income and withholding taxes, bond funds and s400 adjustments.
- Awareness (experience preferred) of technical areas including: PAIFs and REITs, exempt dividends.
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent team work and organisational skills, including monitoring timetables and budgets.
- Proficient user of Alphatax (or similar tax software).