I'm looking for
Search results for ""
External Audit Manager
Service Line: Audit
Senior Campaign Manager
Service Line: Market Development
Senior Manager - Private Client (Reading or Bristol)
Service Line: Private Client
Graduate Audit - Technology Audit Reading Autumn 2020
Service Line: Audit - Technology Audit
Manager - Pensions Actuarial (Reading/Bristol)
Service Line: Pensions
As one of the UK firm's largest regional teams, KPMG's Reading office employs more than 400 professionals who work with companies across the Thames Valley. Our office is located conveniently just off junction 12 of the M4 and offers parking for staff. It is also a short walk from Theale train station.
Our Reading office is moving into a new building (Forbury Place) in the centre of Reading later this year.
KPMG Reading has a strong reputation for supporting Thames Valley’s thriving information technology and communications businesses. We also have a large pensions’ advisory capability and one of the largest expatriate advisory practices outside London.
By combining deep sector knowledge with innovative technology, we bring fresh thinking and practical approaches. Our specialist teams in audit, tax and advisory work together to help our clients achieve their goals, including growth strategy, people strategy, cyber security, digital transformation and technology solutions.
The audit practice is made up of approximately 200 staff, led by 4 Partners and working in conjunction with other services, including Corporate Finance, Transaction Services, Pensions, Restructuring, Corporate and Indirect taxation. The team in Reading provide audit services across a range of sectors and has a diverse client base ranging from smaller owner managed businesses and private equity backed organisations through to FTSE and AIM listed businesses. The office services clients covering a wide geographical area from Oxford in the North, London in the East, Swindon in the West and Basingstoke in the South.
Many clients have locations around the UK and overseas, so there are opportunities for people to travel and potentially work overseas. Key audit clients include a well-established Veterinary practice, an American multinational food, snack and beverage corporation, a computer solutions business, and a Japanese multinational electronics corporation. Notably, the team have also been successful in winning a number of FTSE listed businesses in recent years, including a payment processing company and a leading spirits manufacturer.
Manage and deliver audit engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in IFRS and UK GAAP. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include:
· To manage engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
· Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KPMG and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
· Direct, coach and mentor between 4 and 8 audit staff in a performance manager role taking responsibility for overseeing their portfolio, business and personal issues and delivering feedback throughout the year
· Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
· Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
· Assist the Director and Senior Manager (where applicable) in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
· Preparation of reports to senior management and Audit Committees
There will be opportunity and encouragement for additional responsibilities outside this day to day role, such as working on tenders for potential new clients and assisting with training courses for in-charges and audit assistants.
· Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
· Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment whilst working as a team with support from Directors, Senior Managers (where applicable) and in-charges
· Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing - you will be able to deepen your understanding of consolidations, group audit and review of statutory accounts and disclosures
· Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation
· Project management techniques; this role will test and develop your expertise in decision-making, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills
· Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
· Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge
· Well-developed understanding of the wider commercial background KPMG operates in demonstrating awareness of the issues facing our clients on a day to day basis
Qualifications and Skills
· Time and exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or country equivalent
· Sound working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
· IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word
· Recent and significant experience as a Manager in an audit capacity within a top 10 accountancy firm
· Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK standards
· Significant audit experience for large, mixed sector corporate clients
The Senior Campaign Manager will be a creatively-minded marketing generalist with a strong, in-depth knowledge of building and overseeing the delivery of Marketing and Strategic Relationship programmes across the full range of activities encompassing both traditional and digital channels.
Our Marketing Centre of Expertise (CoE) operates a matrix model of expertise in defined marketing capabilities and organised in clusters aligned to our business units. The CoE leads on marketing delivery, supports brand management, digital enablement and also provides account management to support the Marketing Business Partners (BP). CoE teams are experts in specialised areas and are deeply involved in co-creation and delivery.
As such, the individual will be responsible for working with Marketing BPs to co-create and then deliver exciting new integrated end-to-end programmes designed both to improve the firm’s position in the market and to ensure consistency with KPMG’s ‘One Firm’ market-facing approach.
The Campaign Management team provide dedicated support to their business area and are responsible for building a robust delivery plan and overseeing its development including assessing creative, developing content, messaging and supporting stakeholder communications to ensure the effective delivery of the marketing plan. They also provide account management to support the Marketing Business Partners.
Collaboration is at the heart of our new operating model for Marketing and, as a senior manager, this role holder will be key to ensure teams from across Business Partners, Marketing Centre of Expertise and support teams work together to plan and deliver world-class marketing for KPMG in the UK.
Description of the role:
• Responsible for working closely with the Marketing Business Partners and the Marketing Manager(s) in their team to oversee the development and deployment of Marketing and Strategic relationships programmes
• Provide account management support to dedicated business areas
• Accountable for project management, financial management and resource (people) allocation of programmes
• Defining the optimal marketing campaign plan to deliver the objectives set including channel selection and role of digital marketing
• Lead, with input from the Business Partner, the development of the media strategy, content, creative development and agency management
• Role drives the development of internal campaign launch plans and the ensures that lead management and campaign reporting processes are in place and effective
• Ensuring marketing effectiveness and adherence to budget management framework.
• Support the Marketing Business Partners to ensure that the business effectively leverage our Marketing and Strategic Relationship programmes for commercial impact
Leadership & Management
The individual will have responsibility for Marketing Manager(s) and for developing virtual teams across the CoE to deliver specific campaigns.
Stakeholder Interaction & challenges:
The Senior Manager will be a capable individual with a high level of emotional intelligence.
You will be comfortable with running multiple projects at once, working with the Campaign Delivery and Business Partner teams to ensure strong delivery of programmes, striking a balance between getting sufficiently involved with the detail to keep the content sharp on the one hand, and maintaining a broad, strategic view on the other.
Core Technical Competencies
• Understanding and track record in marketing strategy and planning processes, managing budgets and optimising the effectiveness of marketing spend.
• Expertise in brand and value proposition development, demonstrating ideas for advancing the brand and managing an editorial/content strategy.
• Excellent understanding of digital, event, content, performance marketing and account based marketing approaches and strategies
• Able to define effective approaches for the development of marcomms across online and offline channels,
• Proven stakeholder skills to capture their feedback and engagement during the development process to ensure key messages and client issues are effectively presented.
• You will be adept at managing and translating complex issues for diverse audiences.
• Ability to develop, enhance and execute relationship-building and revenue-generating programmes, acting within the strategic aims of the business to deepen and extend client relationships.
• Demonstrable deep understanding of business trends and issues to develop strategies which make a positive impact in our priority areas and add value to the business. You will identify and instigate third-party affiliations to ensure KPMG is the partner of choice.
Core Behavioural Competencies
• You will have a strong understanding of the commercial drivers for the business and be adept at using data and applying new methodologies, tools and technologies to develop and communicate insights.
• You will be creative, leading creative thinking, and stimulating creativity in others; constructively challenge new ideas to ensure they contribute to the overall goals of marketing in general.
• You will be a good, intuitive coach, able to adapt your technique and use objective feedback to enable others to stretch and develop.
• You will be an innovative and creative verbal and written communicator, able to present well to audiences of any size and to encourage others to share information and ideas in a group setting.
• You will be a motivating leader, creating a team environment that constantly reinforces KPMG’s values, focusing team members on a positive path and developing and managing strategies for deepening the impact of positive change.
• You will take personal responsibility for making tough decisions, acting quickly to diffuse or prevent conflicts and able to share resources and information to create teamwork across the firm.
• You will be commercial help to maximise the ROI for marketing and ensure its contribution to the firm; adjust plans to adapt to changing circumstances.
• You will be a consummate relationship-builder, creating useful networks internally and externally, and serving as an advisor and arbitrator for escalated conflicts or unresolved issues.
• You will be able to create teams with a strong sense of shared purpose and goals, building collaboration across project teams, service lines, sectors and Areas.
Expertise/ Technical role requirements:
• BA university degree or equivalent
• Professional marketing qualification (CIM) preferred
• Proven experience in capability marketing
• Highly proficient in all MS Office packages
• Knowledge of CRM systems
• A good general knowledge of the business, economic, political and social issues prevalent within the UK, Europe and internationally
• Previous experience of marketing in a professional services organisation is highly desirable
• At interview, you will be able to demonstrate good knowledge of KPMG’s key strengths and brand proposition
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Role and Responsibilities
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Manager, who will be a crucial part of our successful Private Client team.
Our Private Client department in the South West region is led by two Partners and two Directors with the team of 36 covering the South of England from our offices in Bristol and Reading. Our Reading office is moving into a new building (Forbury Place) in the centre of Reading in December 2019.
The Department works with a variety of high net worth individuals – from stakeholders in privately owned and entrepreneurial businesses, executives of multi-national firms and senior members of private equity firms; who may be tax resident in a range of jurisdictions. If you are a highly motivated qualified Accountant with experience of working in personal tax or private Client tax, then we’d like to hear from you.
The role entails working with entrepreneurial businesses, shareholder owned companies and high net worth individuals providing a mixture of advice and compliance services. on a wide range of private services. This is an advisory role requiring a Manager with significant previous private client experience.
More specifically, some of the responsibilities will include:-
· Ensuring the delivery of a high quality personal tax service to our clients;
· Managing a portfolio of more complicated clients, including partnerships, and being able to provide personal tax advice on a wide range of assignments including inheritance tax, capital gains tax and particularly identifying opportunities to advise your portfolio of clients in relation to these taxes;
· Providing original and creative thinking to solve tax problems, frequently leading to providing wholly bespoke tax advice and solutions on one-off assignments;
· Project managing tax advisory assignments to ensure deadlines, risk management and compliance procedures are all met;
· Managing work in progress and ensuring prompt billing and cash collection;
· Overseeing the performance and career development of partly and newly qualified staff.
Experience and Background
- Academically strong results in career to date coupled with a deep technical understanding of the issues facing private clients.
- A keen and insightful understanding of the issues facing clients and an ability to deliver bespoke tax solutions to meet their needs.
- An ability to work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative.
- A commitment to clients, colleagues and KPMG.
- High level of analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required in addition to strong oral and written communication skills.
Qualifications and Skills
- Qualified accountant or tax advisor (ACA, ACCA or CTA) with experience working with entrepreneurial businesses or tax specialist with prior experience of working in a similar environment with exposure to varied advisory assignments.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
- Programme Length:
- 3 years
- ICAEW Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business (CFAB)
- Entry Requirements:
As a general rule, you’ll be expected to meet the following requirements (*or equivalents)
- Minimum Grade B GCSE* Maths
- Minimum Grade B GCSE* English Language
- Minimum of 300 UCAS* tariff points
- Minimum 2:1 degree in any discipline
Please note, we only consider a candidate's 'top' 3 A-level grades and do not accept General Studies.
At KPMG, we look at more than just your academic results. We will review your application, together with your performance in our assessments, to ensure that you have the best opportunity to demonstrate your potential. We will be considering your strengths and achievements alongside a number of other metrics, including technical background and/or experience, to ensure that you have the skills to succeed at KPMG.
- Key Skills:
Throughout the recruitment process we will be looking to learn more about your strengths.
To be successful on this programme, you will be required to demonstrate the strengths that we look for in our graduates at KPMG.
Learn more about what we look for and how to apply here.
KPMG Pensions is a leading edge strategic pensions advisory, actuarial, administration and investment practice. We deliver advice to employers and trustees and their senior people on all aspects of their pension arrangements.
We are seeking to expand our management team as part of a wider growth plan, and wish to recruit an experienced professional pensions consultant to be based in our Reading or Bristol office.
Our Reading office is moving into a larger, brand new building (Forbury Place) in the centre of Reading later this year.
In the pensions team we deliver professional pensions consulting advice on a wide range pensions issues to both corporate and trustee clients.
The key work streams within the department include:
- Provision of scheme actuary services, including giving strategic advice on funding and long term strategies. �
- Undertaking actuarial analysis and modelling, for example for individual member calculations, actuarial valuations, PPF levies and producing accounting disclosures.
- Providing advice around pensions accounting and supporting the audit teams in understanding the actuarial aspects of financial statements.
- De-risking projects such as buy-outs and buy-ins, liability management exercises.
- Benefit design and implementation of new structures.
Your role will include having the following responsibilities:
- Being responsible for high quality and complex calculations and written deliverables on multiple clients.
- Building and managing relationships with trustee and company boards.
- Delivering professional pensions consulting advice on a wide range of trustee and corporate pension issues.
- Leading client service teams and taking account management responsibility.
- The potential to act as a Scheme Actuary to defined benefit pension schemes.
- An ability to understand a corporate client’s business and how the pensions issues relate to their corporate strategy.
- An ability to understand how a trustee board can meet their statutory and fiduciary objectives in the context of the scheme sponsor and the regulatory environment.
Qualifications and Skills
This role will be suitable for experienced pensions consultants who are FIA/FFA qualified, and who have experience of managing client relationships at Board and Trustee level. In addition to proven technical and client consulting experience (including examples of leading large projects), individuals are to have strong communication skills and be able to demonstrate that they can develop the people they work with in order to deliver quality work to clients and achieve their career goals.
Background and experience
Successful candidates will have the following attributes/experience:
- Significant experience working in the pensions industry.
- A proven track record in consulting with clients in a mainstream employee benefits firm.
- Excellent understanding of the UK pensions landscape and issues facing clients.
- Consistently able to work at high level of intensity whilst maintaining a professional and positive approach.
- Fully engaged and taking responsibility for own performance.
- Ability to lead and coach less experienced staff and work closely with colleagues in multi-disciplinary client service teams.
- Seeks opportunities to develop internal KPMG network and knowledge of other areas of the business.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and having open, honest conversations about your career development.