I'm looking for
Search results for ""
Senior Manager – Corporate Treasury Services
Service Line: Audit
Audit Manager - National Markets, London
Service Line: Audit
Financial Modelling - Assistant Manager - Corporate Consulting
Service Line: MC Technology
IT Audit Assistant Manager - FS IRM
Service Line: Audit
Senior HR Advisor
Service Line: People
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth. The team offer deep treasury expertise in financial products and markets, risk management, systems, governance, valuation and accounting, and work closely with other high impact functions within KPMG such as Audit, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting to provide a wide range of treasury advisory and audit services, including:
- Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
- Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
- Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
- Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
- Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR and Basel III
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
- Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
- Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
- Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
- Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
- Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders
|Job Title||Audit Manager - National Markets, London|
|Service Line Information|
|KPMG Overview||Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.|
Our client base is from a wide range of business sectors, ranging in size from owner-managed businesses to multi-national organisations. As an audit manager you will get to work with a wide range of clients within a cross functional office. Many of our clients have overseas operations or are subsidiaries of overseas companies giving our work a truly international perspective.
Manage and deliver audit engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP (not essential). You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include:
- To manage engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG Audit Methodology requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
- Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KPMG Audit Methodology and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
- Direct, coach and mentor Assistant Managers to assist them in the effective delivery of engagements and the direction of their subordinates ensuring cost effective, timely completion and effective service delivery to the required standard on each engagement
- Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
- Prepare and negotiate fee proposals for our existing client base, and assist in forming propositions for new business.
- Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
- Assist the Senior Managers, Directors and Partners in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
- Preparation of reports to senior management and audit committees
- Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
- Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing, including consolidations, group audit, review of statutory accounts and disclosures
- Sound working knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP (not essential) and US GAAP (not essential)
- Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word
- Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge
- Able to demonstrate strong business development acumen
Qualifications and Skills
Time and Exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or equivalent
Significant and recent experience as an Audit Manager in an external audit capacity, working with large, complex clients from a variety of corporate industry sectors
Current accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and GAAP standards
|Our Deal||At KPMG, your long-term future is every bit as important to us as it is to you. That’s why our aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it’s great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities – you’ll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career. We’re a firm that encourages you to be yourself, values your contribution, and inspires you to act as a role model, always focused on doing the right thing for each other, our clients and our communities.|
We’re at our best when you’re at your best; that’s why we’ve created ‘Our Deal’ and ‘The Academy’. Our Deal is the way we speak about the colleague experience and the expectations we have of our people. We expect the best from our people and in return we provide a stimulating, collaborative environment where each person can reach their extraordinary potential. Through ‘The Academy’, you’ll have access to communities which will support and develop you so that you build your skills and career. From introducing secondment programmes to preferential banking, and student loan payments to your birthday off, we’re making sure that our people have an amazing experience.
|Flexible Working||While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly.|
|Applying with a Disability||KPMG are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and we seek to attract and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. As a member of the Business Disability Forum we're committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly throughout the Recruitment Process. Should you be successful after the initial application stage, please discuss with your recruitment contact any reasonable adjustments to our Recruitment Process that you may require.|
KPMG's commitment to diversity
KPMG consistently features in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, which has been recognised with a special achievement award to mark our 10 years in the Top 25. We pride ourselves on being a place where your individuality is valued; you can be yourself and still achieve your potential. We believe that your individuality helps us to deliver the best results to our clients. Diversity of background, diversity of experience, diversity of perspective - that's the KPMG difference. But, don't take our word for it, find out more about diversity at KPMG by viewing our Policy
Policy for Agencies
KPMG has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies. Please check here to see our policy on agencies: Policy
The role is within the Corporates Modelling team based in Canary Wharf, London. We provide a wide variety of modelling services to our clients in a diverse range of Corporates sectors including Aerospace & Defence, Consumer Markets, Energy, Industrial Manufacturing, Leisure, Life Sciences, Retail and Technology, Media & Telecommunications. We work with many FTSE 100 and multinational companies and our modelling services include:
• cost modelling for large capex or opex projects
• project finance and transaction modelling (mergers & acquisitions, buyouts, refinancing, bids and bid defence)
• modelling business transformations including options analysis, cost optimisation, outsourcing and other operational and financial restructuring
• business planning and forecasting
• modelling the impacts of accounting, tax or regulatory changes
• tactical modelling solutions that automate finance and other operations, such as performance management, intercompany transactions and statutory reporting
• management information and KPI reporting solutions
• data analysis and visualisation
• model risk assessment
• model assurance and best practice reviews
• Takes time to learn about other people and their experiences and how to apply this learning
• Shares experiences with others to assistant their learning and understanding
• Demonstrates curiosity and open mindedness to new ideas approaches and perspectives
• Actively engages with others in order to address their views/concerns
• A numerate (science, engineering or maths-based), finance or accounting degree
• Holds or close to being awarded an accounting qualification, such as ACA or CIMA
• Experience at one of the Big 4 in either an Audit or Financial Modelling role that requires an understanding of financial and accounting concepts or project finance (e.g. debt structures, cash waterfalls, financial ratios)
• A high degree of knowledge of Excel
• Experience in roles that require sustained attention to detail
• Experience of managing junior staff
• Experience of interacting with senior management
• Positive approach towards problem solving, even under time pressure
• Ability to describe complex technical issues in a clear non-technical way
• Initiative, enthusiasm and excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong analytical and interpretative skills
• Ability to quickly assimilate and apply new techniques and knowledge
Within the FS IRM team, a large amount of our work involves providing consultancy, advice, assurance and attestation to clients on their IT systems and processes, IT risks, IT controls and IT projects. This work is delivered through standalone assignments, or as part of broader multi-disciplinary projects.
• Delivery of value-added technology risk consulting and assurance services to financial services clients
• Responsibility for the overall output from client engagements
• Scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production and review of deliverables
• Building and managing excellent client relationships (typically at CIO / project sponsor level)
• Actively identifying and progressing business development opportunities, as well as managing sales activities such as proposal writing and assisting with client presentations
• Coaching and developing team members on engagements
Experience and Background
• Proven experience of successfully delivering technology risk services & External Audit to financial services industry clients
• Prove experience in IT External Audit and understanding of core business processes within financial services
• Experience of core financial services systems - including transaction processing and financial ledger systems
• A good understanding of technology platforms
• Experience in leading sub teams and developing junior team members
• Ability to present on specific subjects to a large group of people
• Experience in identifying and assessing complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly too all levels
• Ability to develop excellent client and internal relationships
• Ability to deliver work within tight timescales, to budget and to a high quality
• Proven experience in IT General Controls (ITGC)
Working in the HR Advisory Team (HRAT) you will have responsibility for providing business focused and best practice HR support to a designated area of the business. You will act as the key contact point for all HR matters for People Leaders (PL’s) in your business area, taking ownership of all employee relations cases of varying complexity.
You will be perceived as a credible and commercial business advisor. You will work with the HR Business Partners and wider HRAT to deliver HR calendar activities and support strategic priorities, working collaboratively across the People function to provide a seamless and first class HR service.
As a member of the HR Advisory team, you are expected to demonstrate the Firm’s values at all times and be seen as a role model to your client groups and team. As a Senior Advisor you will be expected to use your initiate and take the lead during key calendar activities and team discussions; this includes supporting your HRAT Assistant Manager and providing additional guidance and support to your HR Advisor colleagues, to ensure any of the key deliverables are met.
Roles and responsibilities
• Proactively develop strong and enduring relationships with key stakeholders – including clients in the business, the HR Business Partner teams and the Centres of Excellence (CoEs);
• Proactively work to up-skill performance managers (PMs) and PLs in HR matters;
• Work as part of a virtual team with the HR Business Partner Teams and Centres of Excellence to deliver excellent client service.
• Resolve straightforward and complex people issues to deliver commercially pragmatic outcomes, escalating as appropriate;
• Take a commercial, considered stance to risk assessment linking in with Employment Law Advisory Team (ELAT), escalating issues as appropriate to an HR Advisory Account Manager before escalation to the relevant CoE or HR Business Partner;
• Have a good degree of competency in applying employment law, keeping up to date with changes and legal advancements.
• Support PLs with HR policy and process e.g. Intelligent working requests, relocation;
• Advise on disciplinary, grievance and performance issues – including exam training failures;
• Design and draft non-standard correspondence;
• Evidence an advanced degree of absence management knowledge. Providing advice to performance managers (PMs), PLs and Partners and the tools to deal with long term/persistent absences – including OH referrals. Coach PMs and PLs on return to work conversations;
• Be the expert point of contact for PMs and PLs for Performance Management issues. Support the implementation of RPP development plans and advise on how to approach and handle typical and atypical RPP/performance coaching meetings;
• Coach and support PMs and PLs on the performance management process and approaches to give difficult messages;
• Understand, support and educate the business on correctly managing redundancies and forced exits.
• Scribe for disciplinary/grievance panel meetings.
• Build overview and demonstrate a good understanding of the entire S&B review; including the budgetary process; the firm’s reward philosophy; and the numerous roles of leadership, the Compensation team, HRBPs, PLs and HRAT throughout the various stages of the process.
• Produce timely management information to inform salary and bonus decisions;
• Assist with surveying and benchmarking of salaries against internal and external comparators;
• Advise the business on the principles and the core business wide approach to be applied to salary and bonus review;
Resourcing and Talent Management
• Advise on administration processes for opportunity led and annual promotions.
• Manage co-ordination of the promotion selection process;
• Work closely with PLs and Recruitment team to identify solutions to resourcing needs, contributing where possible to a smooth candidate experience.
• Evidence some understanding of succession and pipeline planning including building development plans, setting goals and adhering to budget within their relevant business area.
• Conduct exit interviews where requested;
• Work closely with People Information team to respond to requirements for management information including staff movements, recruitment rates, KPIs, talent and exit analysis;
• Add value to management information by providing analysis and executive summary;
• Review information to identify any trends and identify actions where appropriate.
• Have the ability to present this information in a user friendly and professional format
Contributing to HRAT and the People function
• Coach less experienced colleagues and new joiners on key policies, processes and approaches, providing guidance as appropriate;
• Share knowledge and experience proactively across the team and be recognised as a team player;
• Manage workload and own diary, delegating where necessary
• Take part in and contribute to both functional and KPMG wide projects;
• Take on a ‘champion’ role within HRAT and use this to drive best practice and share knowledge in this field;
• Adhere to SLAs and KPIs where appropriate, ensuring that real demonstrable value is being added to the business from HRAT;
• Take a personal responsibility to continuously improve and streamline the quality of HRAT work and own personal development.
• Assisting with the interview and selection process within the HR Advisory Team.
Qualifications and skills
It is expected that you will be CIPD or part CIPD qualified or have the desire to study for the CIPD qualification. In addition you will:
• Have a proven ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels both internally and external to KPMG
• Have a proven ability to work to deadlines and work without supervision;
• Possess strong problem solving and facilitation skills;
• Be an excellent communicator – written and verbal;
• Have strong organisational, literacy and numeracy skills;
• Have a proven ability in coaching
• Have strong influencing skills and the ability to challenge senior colleagues
• Demonstrate creative thinking and an innovative approach to projects / tasks.
• Have excellent IT skills including Excel, PowerPoint and SAP or equivalent HR system.
Experience and Background
You will be able to demonstrable experience in the key components of the role. This is typically underpinned by a minimum of three years’ experience in a fast moving, responsive HR team.
You will be expected to progress at the same pace as the Firm and the evolutions within HR.