I'm looking for
Search results for ""
Financial Modelling - Assistant Manager - Corporate Consulting
Service Line: MC Technology
Global Entity Management Associate
Service Line: Legal Services
Internal Audit Senior Manager - Investment Management
Service Line: IARCS
Manager – Corporate Treasury Services
Service Line: Audit
Assistant Manager - Corporate Lawyer - Legal Services - London
Service Line: Legal Services
The role is within the Corporates Modelling team based in Canary Wharf, London. We provide a wide variety of modelling services to our clients in a diverse range of Corporates sectors including Aerospace & Defence, Consumer Markets, Energy, Industrial Manufacturing, Leisure, Life Sciences, Retail and Technology, Media & Telecommunications. We work with many FTSE 100 and multinational companies and our modelling services include:
• cost modelling for large capex or opex projects
• project finance and transaction modelling (mergers & acquisitions, buyouts, refinancing, bids and bid defence)
• modelling business transformations including options analysis, cost optimisation, outsourcing and other operational and financial restructuring
• business planning and forecasting
• modelling the impacts of accounting, tax or regulatory changes
• tactical modelling solutions that automate finance and other operations, such as performance management, intercompany transactions and statutory reporting
• management information and KPI reporting solutions
• data analysis and visualisation
• model risk assessment
• model assurance and best practice reviews
• Takes time to learn about other people and their experiences and how to apply this learning
• Shares experiences with others to assistant their learning and understanding
• Demonstrates curiosity and open mindedness to new ideas approaches and perspectives
• Actively engages with others in order to address their views/concerns
• A numerate (science, engineering or maths-based), finance or accounting degree
• Holds or close to being awarded an accounting qualification, such as ACA or CIMA
• Experience at one of the Big 4 in either an Audit or Financial Modelling role that requires an understanding of financial and accounting concepts or project finance (e.g. debt structures, cash waterfalls, financial ratios)
• A high degree of knowledge of Excel
• Experience in roles that require sustained attention to detail
• Experience of managing junior staff
• Experience of interacting with senior management
• Positive approach towards problem solving, even under time pressure
• Ability to describe complex technical issues in a clear non-technical way
• Initiative, enthusiasm and excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong analytical and interpretative skills
• Ability to quickly assimilate and apply new techniques and knowledge
The Global Entity Management Team sits within Legal Services, KPMG Tax. Its establishment flows naturally from KPMG’s long history of successfully delivering multidisciplinary services to clients. Its vision is to be the corporate secretarial adviser of choice for KPMG’s clients in relation to compliance and governance matters. KPMG is now regulated by the SRA as a multi-disciplinary practice.
Over the next few years, this team will grow and Legal Services as a whole will expand into other areas of law that fit within its vision and the needs of KPMG’s clients.
KPMG Legal Services is for people who are:
- Team players who enjoy working with people from different backgrounds and disciplines.
- Approachable people who are keen to develop personally and professionally
- People with a passion for a career within the field of company secretarial/international projects
- Intellectually curious, open-minded and analytical people, with an eye for detail and pride in their work.
- Driven and proactive professionals who deliver a great service to their clients.
- Relationship builders who can spot and develop new opportunities both within the KPMG network and externally.
- Flexible people who are able to deal with a fluid, changing work environment.
Why you might want to join KPMG Global Entity Management:
- You want to develop your project management capabilities within an international environment.
- You can see the advantages of professional advice being provided within a multidisciplinary team.
- You are ambitious and perceive the wealth of opportunities presented by a corporate secretarial team in a leading global professional services firm.
- You are excited by the idea of being a member of a team that will grow significantly.
- You want to broaden your experience and become a well-rounded professional.
- You want to achieve a sustainable work-life balance.
What the key responsibilities of the role are:
- Managing a portfolio of international clients in relation to our Core Annual Service, under the supervision of senior team members
- Acting as relationship manager for your portfolio of clients, including regular communications, hosting update calls/meetings and obtaining/reviewing feedback for improvement in services
- Managing compliance diaries to ensure services are being delivered in an efficient and timely manner
- Liaising with, and directing, our international network firms to ensure delivery of our services to required standards for our clients
- Assisting with administrative tasks, including maintenance of our specialist software, managing client on-boarding procedures, financial reporting, etc.
- Ensure strong working relationships, both with clients and colleagues alike
Education and qualifications:
- The applicant will have achieved a 2:1 or higher degree qualification from a reputable university.
- In addition, the applicant may have achieved a project management qualification (such as PRINCE 2), although this is not a requirement.
Skills and Experience Required:
- The applicant will have good working knowledge of MS Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- The applicant will preferably have experience within an office environment.
- The applicant will preferably have experience of coordinating small projects.
- The applicant may have experience dealing with matters across multiple jurisdictions.
- Strong organisational, attention to detail and personal skills are essential.
KPMG's Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance Services (IARCS) practice is an area of the firm with tremendous growth potential as proven by recent significant wins. It provides services relating to Internal Audit, Internal Control review, advisory projects and risk management. Clients are based in both the private sector and our services deliver added value to clients through the use of modern risk management and audit techniques focusing on strategic, management and operational issues as well as financial.
The FS team is based nationally, but this role is to work in the dynamic, fast growing and supportive Insurance and Investment Management team, based in Canary Wharf, but also working on engagements at multiple client sites.
- Are you looking for an opportunity where you can play a leadership role in managing dynamic IA teams leveraging fellow SMEs skills and experience in order make a real value adding client impact?
- Do you want to have your voice heard at IA forums and coach individuals in the team to achieve their full potential and deliver quality services?
- Do you want to help build meaningful trusted relationships with top tier FS clients?
If so, this is a great opportunity for an individual to be involved in managing the team and supporting business development through building meaningful trusted relationships with clients.
As a Senior Manager working in the Investment Management, you will be developing client relationships and supporting business development initiatives and supporting partners/directors to lead a variety of IA engagements covering the spectrum of services that we provide including:
- reviewing and helping to establish internal audit functions;
- creating audit plans;
- delivery of individual and/or a programme of internal audit projects;
- partnering with clients to supply specialist SME resource;
- designing and implementing SOx compliant controls frameworks, including managing and directing juniors to conduct detailed testing of such controls;
- secondments to IA functions to help deliver audits;
- performing external assessments of internal audit functions; and
- supporting the delivery of training to IA teams on regulatory themes, IA, thought leadership and industry hot topics.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing a portfolio of existing IA clients and developing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Supporting the partners/directors to prepare for business development meetings with target clients, attending those meetings and helping to manage the opportunities pipeline.
- Understanding clients’ IA needs and highlighting further work opportunities to client service teams and assisting in the development of compelling proposals/solutions to support new business initiatives.
- Attending key clients meetings (i.e. planning and risk assessments, Audit Committee etc.) with senior auditees/stakeholders.
- Reviewing key client deliverables such as IA/SOx controls reports, working papers, including SOx testing, and audit programs including managing the input from subject matter experts before final quality assurance by partners/directors.
- Sharing knowledge and insights on current and emerging FS and IA best practice, issues and trends.
- Supporting the provision of advice to a range of clients on auditor independence rules and risk management practices in the context of providing IA services.
- Support partners/directors in the development of a multi-disciplinary network across KPMG’s service lines and contributing to any cross-selling opportunities.
- Setting, managing and monitoring engagement risks, budgets and profitability, including identifying additional revenue opportunities. Forecasting and reporting on client engagements.
- Coaching, supporting and managing staff performance providing open and honest feedback.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate having achieved the following:
- An accountancy qualification including but not limited to ACA, ACCA, IIA, CCAB. We will also consider other suitable Internal Audit qualifications.
- Significant Internal Audit and/or Risk Management experience, including experience of co-ordinating teams delivering audits and management of annual planning processes.
- SOx design, implementation and testing experience
- Industry and/or professional services experience within FS clients, especially Investment Management.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to facilitate workshops both internally and externally.
- Outstanding communication skills and experience of dealing with senior stakeholders
- Proven ability to build strong, long lasting client relationships.
- Strong project and people management skills.
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth. The team offer deep treasury expertise in financial products and markets, risk management, systems, governance, valuation and accounting, and work closely with other high impact functions within KPMG such as Audit, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting to provide a wide range of treasury advisory and audit services, including:
- Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
- Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
- Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
- Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
- Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR and Basel III
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
- Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
- Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
- Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
- Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
- Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders
Core corporate, commercial and employment law teams, and a market leading tax litigation team, are already in place. Over the next few years, these teams will grow and Legal Services will expand into other areas of law that fit within its vision and the needs of KPMG’s clients.
What KPMG Legal Services is looking for from its lawyers
• Team players who enjoy working with people from different backgrounds and disciplines
• Approachable people who are keen to develop personally and professionally, and to assist with
the development of junior team members
• Lawyers with a passion for the law
• Intellectually curious, open-minded and analytical people, with an eye for detail and pride in
• Driven and proactive professionals who deliver a great service to their clients
• Relationship builders who can spot and develop new opportunities both within the KPMG
network and externally
• Flexible people who are able to deal with a fluid, changing work environment
Why you might want to join KPMG Legal Services:
• You can see the advantages of professional advice being provided within a multidisciplinary
• You are ambitious and perceive the wealth of opportunities presented by a start-up legal
practice in a leading global professional services firm
•You want the opportunity to develop client relationships and KPMG’s legal services capabilities
• You are excited by the idea of being a founding member of a team that will grow significantly
• You want to broaden your experience and become a more rounded professional
• You want to achieve a sustainable work-life balance
Role and responsibilities
Early Legal Input into Tax Advice – providing our clients with tax advice that has already been
reviewed by lawyers
Implementation of Tax Advice – providing our clients with a simple and cost-effective way of
successfully implementing our tax advice
Review and Rectification of Implementations – reviewing existing structures and helping clients
preserve value by rectifying inadequate implementations and operation
Unwinding Structures – unwinding defunct or unwanted structures
Investment Advice – providing pension schemes, sovereign wealth funds and high net worth
individuals with advice on their investments into hedge and private equity funds
Education and qualifications
The applicant will be a corporate lawyer with a good range of experience in areas of law such as structuring and reorganisations, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, funds, debt listings and intra-group financing arrangements, corporate governance, commercial arrangements, share investments and/or the implementation of employee incentive arrangements.
The applicant must have a high level of technical knowledge with regards to UK corporate and contract law. Familiarity with partnership, trust, regulatory, banking and/or insolvency law would be helpful. In addition, a successful applicant will have the ability to get up to speed quickly on esoteric areas and be keen to continue developing his/her legal skills and engage in new areas of work.
The applicant must be able to demonstrate his/her ability to successfully lead transactions (while ensuring that other senior members of the team are kept informed and involved at appropriate times), and to supervise and develop more junior members of the team. Strong project management skills are a must.
The applicant must have good experience of coordinating the provision of advice and the production of complex and interrelated legal agreements and documentation by advisers in several jurisdictions.
While consulting appropriately on difficult issues, he/she must be able to deliver robust and appropriate legal advice and exercise sound judgement.
The successful applicant will have significant experience of working with demanding clients across a wide spectrum of size and activities, and will be expert at service delivery. He/she must be able to demonstrate sound client relationship and business development skills, and a keenness to develop these skills further. The successful applicant will be expected to take responsibility for servicing and building part of the existing business of the team.
The successful applicant will help promote the team’s work through participating in team and firm events, giving internal and external presentations, and producing expert articles for publications
It is expected that the successful applicant will be a UK-qualified solicitor with 1 to 3 years’ PQE experience, several years of which should have been gained in the UK at a reputable City firm (but applicants with other suitable experience will also be considered). Strong academic, technical, drafting and personal skills are essential.