I'm looking for
Search results for ""
Manager – Corporate Treasury Services
Service Line: Audit
Audit Manager - Insurance
Service Line: Audit
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Technical Architect
Service Line: Exceptional Items
Powered Dynamics 365 Solution Architect
Service Line: Exceptional Items
Infrastructure Advisory Group Assistant Manager - London
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Associate Director - Power & Utilities - Cost Assessment
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth. The team offer deep treasury expertise in financial products and markets, risk management, systems, governance, valuation and accounting, and work closely with other high impact functions within KPMG such as Audit, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting to provide a wide range of treasury advisory and audit services, including:
- Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
- Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
- Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
- Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
- Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR and Basel III
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
- Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
- Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
- Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
- Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
- Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders
KPMG is looking to consolidate its leading position within the Insurance marketplace by appointing talented and enthusiastic auditors into newly-created manager roles. Our insurance audit department is expected to grow significantly in the next 3 to 5 years based on recent audit tender results. In addition, the forthcoming new requirements from the IASB will generate a significant amount of change in the insurance industry. As a trusted partner within the industry, KPMG will be supporting insurance companies throughout this accounting change across a range of disciplines including financial reporting, actuarial, IT and management consulting disciplines.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to be working on some of the largest opportunities in the marketplace and will be exposed to excellent career development within a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary team. Working alongside directors and partners, you will be in a senior client facing role, forging strong relationships with top tier insurance clients.
As an Audit Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of leading and delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of Insurance clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
- Leading a field work team including supervising and coaching more junior members of staff to help them reach their full potential Reporting to audit Partners and Directors on all salient points arising from audits
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients; managing timetables, anticipating costs, raise fees and agree dates for cash collection. Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues Preparing client deliverables, building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- You may also have the opportunity to work on specific audit related projects across the audit function
- Being a performance manager to trainee accountants
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Must demonstrate gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
Knowledge & Experience:
- Significant financial statement audit experience, ideally within professional services
- Extensive external audit experience with financial services clients, ideally in the Insurance sector
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of FRS, IFRS and topical matters relevant to insurance audits
- Experience in IFRS 17, US GAAP, Solvency II and CASS rules preferable, though not essential
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Commitment to building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry
We are looking for an experienced Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (D365FO) Technical Architect to be accountable for the technical design of D365FO solutions and the supporting infrastructure. You will work closely with both the functional team and the clients of KPMG. Your day-to-day function will require you to work closely with Consultants in designing solutions tailored to the customers’ requirements, which are often large-scale enterprise D365FO projects. This will require you to take a hands-on approach in designing and leading the technical implementation of Dynamics products, working with both onshore and offshore development teams. You will need to demonstrate an effective balance between management skills and a broad range of technical skills.
The D365FO Technical Architect is a key role to KPMG. It is a dynamic and exciting opportunity to join a rapidly developing business area within an established and market-leading global firm that is KPMG.
— The D365FO Technical Architect will lead the technical delivery of D365FO;
— Be a champion for technical solutions on the Microsoft platform with a strong understanding of Dynamics D365FO development practices, and a good knowledge of other development techniques;
— Provide capability to develop sector specific templates to enhance the out of the box D365FO functionality, giving KPMG a unique selling point and also a resalable asset;
— Deliver high quality development services to clients;
— Work closely with the architecture team to design and develop our most complex customer needs, providing development only where these requirements cannot be met through configuration - Creating high quality and sustainable client solutions and project documentation;
— Deliver training needs within the team and coach junior staff members;
— Deliver all consultancy according to the KPMG Project Methodology, ensuring that all software applications are implemented successfully according to the project plan;
— Meet and exceed customer expectations of business knowledge, skills and behaviour;
— Identify business/project risk and mitigate or communicate as necessary;
— Communicate progress updates to relevant parties both formally and informally;
— Participate in pre-sales activities as requested;
— Support practice development activities such as defining and configuring industry specific templates;
— Carry out additional duties as may occur from time to time as instructed and agreed by the Directors;
— In all activities, ensure timely completion of internal processes and mandatory training;
— Represent KPMG in a professional and positive manner at all times.
Qualifications and Skills:
— Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
— Excellent presentation and consultancy skills;
— Ideally a minimum of 4-years hands-on experience with Dynamics AX 2012 and 2009, including appropriate certification;
— Experience with or exposure to Dynamics 365FO will be considered a strong positive;
— Experience of using PowerApps, Logic Apps, Common Data Service and other Azure Services;
— Knowledge of Lifecycle Services and Visual Studio Team Services;
— Experience in other technologies such as SQL, PowerBI, SharePoint along with a good knowledge of .Net;
— Knowledge of end to end D365FO implementation;
— Experience with D365FO interfacing and integration;
— Knowledge in gathering technical requirements;
— Knowledge of Agile and other Sure Step methodologies;
— Good understanding of functional capabilities of D365FO – including certification in one of the following:
- Human Resources
- Project Management and Accounting
- Procurement & Sourcing
- Trade & Logistics
— Experience in responding to RFPs and RFQs would be beneficial;
— Knowledge of best practices for working with offshore teams;
— Graduate degree from a University;
Experience and Background
— Expertise in providing development solutions in a D365FO environment; Extensive experience as an ERP consultant;
— Experience with D365FO in a Development Consulting role;
— Experience of at least two large scale ERP implementations;
— Adept at Business Requirement Analysis with a focus on reducing development effort;
— Pre-sales experience;
— Excellent presentation and demonstration skills;
— Business process mapping, modelling and documentation knowledge;
— Experience of mentoring junior and offshore staff.
- Experience defining and implementing Integration Design Patterns
- Experience defining and implementing a Data Migration Strategy
- Experience working with and deploying code packages and environment update releases
- Experience defining and implementing a BI Reporting Strategy
The role is based in Canary Wharf in London. The Salary to be paid is competitive.
— The Solution Architect will lead the delivery of our Powered Finance Microsoft Dynamics 365 solution
— Be a champion for both technical and functional leading practice with the Powered Finance Solution.
— Have an exceptional understanding of Dynamics 365 technical and functional capabilities
— Collaborate with the Global Powered team to enhance the out of the box Dynamics 365 functionality, giving KPMG a unique selling point and also a resalable asset
— Be responsible for ensuring our pre-sales engagements are delivered with the same rigour and attention to detail as our client engagements
— Define training needs within the team and coach other team members
— Deliver all consultancy according to the KPMG Powered Methodology, ensuring that all software applications are implemented successfully according to the project plan.
— Meet and exceed customer expectations of business knowledge, skills and behaviour.
— Identify business/project risk and mitigate or communicate as necessary.
— Ensure progress updates are communicated to relevant parties both formally and informally.
— Identify practice development activities and help in defining how these will be delivered
— Carry out additional duties as may occur from time to time as instructed and agreed by Directors.
— In all activities, ensure timely completion of internal processes and mandatory training.
— Represent KPMG Crimsonwing in a professional and positive manner at all times.
Requirements: Qualifications and Skills
— Deep and broad knowledge of technical capabilities of Dynamics 365, including appropriate certification. Must be able to show good knowledge of practices for Dynamics 365.
— In particular deep knowledge of all core Finance concepts and processes including, Enterprise Structures, GL, AP, AR and reporting.
— Good understanding of Azure and cloud technologies, .Net development and PowerBI.
— Broad understanding of software development lifecycle, development management, release management, data migrations, cut-over planning and early live support.
— In addition understanding of one of the following is beneficial:
- Human Resources
- Project Management and Accounting
- Procurement & Sourcing
- Trade & Logistics
— Demonstrable knowledge of capabilities of the supporting software in the Microsoft stack (certification is a positive), including:
- Azure SQL / SQL Server
- PowerApps, LogicApps, Flow and Common Data Service
- CRM modules – Sales, Service, Marketing, Field service
- Lifecycle Services
— Knowledge of best practices for working with offshore teams
— Experience of Agile Methodology
— Certification in TOGAF or Zachman Framework would be beneficial
— A relevant degree within a computational or business discipline
Experience and Background
— Expertise in providing both out of the box and development solutions in a Microsoft Dynamics 365 environment; Extensive experience as an ERP consultant
— Ability to lead engagements and present to the C-Suite stakeholders.
— Experience with Dynamics 365 in a Lead Solution Architect role
— Experience of large scale ERP implementations
— Adept at Business Requirement Analysis with a focus on reducing development effort and simplifying delivery
— Pre-sales experience
— Excellent presentation and demonstration skills
— Business process mapping, modelling and documentation knowledge
— Experience of mentoring junior and offshore staff
KPMG’s Infrastructure Advisory Group (IAG) is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading independent strategic advisors in the infrastructure sector. The group has won many awards, including financial advisor of the year (Infrastructure Journal).
We provide in-depth advice on the strategic, economic, financial and commercial issues driving infrastructure projects across the transport, power and utilities and social infrastructure projects in the UK and internationally. This broad range of projects involves work with both public and private sector clients.
IAG’s Infrastructure Strategy business, which sits within the groups’ Transport Team, provides market-leading advice to major city region authorities, as well as central government departments, on the economic and financial impacts of transport, housing and other strategic local infrastructure. We are highly regarded in the market for providing unparalleled economics, strategy and financial advice to our clients.
Over the last decade, we have pioneered cutting-edge analytical approaches that allow our clients to understand the impacts of infrastructure on economic growth and designed innovative new funding solutions that have underpinned the delivery of multi-billion pound projects and programmes.
We have been at the centre of the devolution agenda; supporting many of the UK’s largest city regions to design and secure billion-pound City Deal and Devolution Deals. We have also been strategic and economic advisors the country’s biggest and high-profile infrastructure projects, including HS2, Crossrail 2, Northern Powerhouse Rail/HS3 and Highways England’s Roads Investment Strategy programme.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Undertaking spatial economic impact analysis, including use of S-CGE Models
- Designing and implementing innovative funding and financing analysis to assess the case for investment in transport and other infrastructure
- Working with senior colleagues, and contributing to the team Keeping abreast of policy developments in order to continue to broaden and deepen sector knowledge.
- Contributing to business development and the origination of new ideas and propositions for our clients
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- Experience of the economic appraisal of transport schemes, and estimating wider economic benefits.
- Recent experience within the DfT appraisal guidance.
- Technical skills and recent experience in statistical analysis packages such as R etc and economic analysis using CGE models.
- Experience of quantitative analysis and building or using financial modelling tools in MS Excel.
- Experience of developing bespoke and compelling business cases for major public investment in infrastructure.
- Prior knowledge of, how major public sector infrastructure projects are delivered in the UK, including local and central government policy drivers.
Opening date: 23/06/2020
Closing date: 21/07/2020
Competitive salary plus negotiable bonus and benefits
KPMG’s Infrastructure Group in the UK consists of c150 professionals and is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading independent business, financial and regulatory advisers in infrastructure. The group has won many awards, including Financial Advisor of the Year (Infrastructure Journal) for several years. The group has locations in London, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Leeds and Manchester, but is organised on a national basis, operating under a single national cost centre.
We provide in-depth advice on strategic, financial, regulatory and commercial issues driving investments in infrastructure across Transport, Power & Utilities, and Social Infrastructure in the UK and globally. Our work includes market and policy design, economic and regulatory analysis, deal structuring and execution, as well as strategic and transaction advice to enable private and public capital to fund infrastructure. We work closely with other functions within KPMG to advise clients on mergers and acquisitions, valuations, tax, accounting, and due diligence.
The utilities sector is the largest business area for the Infrastructure Group and encompasses work for large clients in the sector, including all of the leading UK energy and water companies as well as some of the largest utilities in Europe and beyond. We provide in-depth strategic and technical advice on corporate finance and corporate financial management, regulatory finance, regulatory policy, business and financial planning, cost assessment and benchmarking as well as other drivers affecting value. Our work combines elements of policy, finance, strategy and economics to assist our clients in structuring investments, securing financing, supporting regulatory regimes and maximising shareholder value. We are widely recognised by many industry stakeholders as market leaders influencing the future of the utilities sector.
Our business is continuously expanding and we are looking for high quality candidates to support our Power & Utilities business with a particular focus on cost assessment, modelling and benchmarking as well as financial analysis. This is to support the development of new service lines, building on the work already undertaken in the Group.
- Building relationships with clients and developing wider networks with clients and other advisors
- Running coverage of clients, supporting our reputation as a leading advisor in the utilities sector
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge
- Maintaining a good understanding of the regulatory frameworks and their financial implications
- Proactive business development to identify new opportunities
- Leading the development of proposals and supporting pitching for new business with ideas
- Managing delivery of several medium to large size engagements on a day to day basis
- Ensuring quality of economic and financial analysis as well as written and verbal advice
- Being responsible for the quality of deliverables produced for clients
- Providing effective management, coaching and mentoring of junior staff on specific engagements
- Managing junior members of the team and as part of the wider business
- Developing the team, inspiring and empowering team members
- Ensuring compliance procedures are adhered to
- Recognising and addressing potential risks
- Any other duties commensurate with the role
- Have significant experience in the utilities sector, in the industry, as a regulatory, policy maker or as a consultant specialising in these sectors
- Have a detailed knowledge of the current UK regulatory regimes and regulatory mechanics for utilities as well as their application
- Understand operations of the wider utilities sector, its structure, composition, stakeholders and relevant policy debates
- Be highly skilled in quantitative economic analysis, cost assessment in particular, have detailed knowledge and experience of statistics and econometrics, ideally applied in the utilities sectors
- Have a sound knowledge of finances and financial structures of regulated utilities (we will consider candidates with deep expertise in financial analysis even if they do not have econometrics or cost assessment experience, or vice versa)
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of economic and financial theory and its application
- Provide compelling and well-thought out solutions to complex economic and financial problems, being able to provide persuasive and self-assured responses in a credible manner
- Bring excellent report writing, quantitative analysis (Stata or equivalent), Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Be comfortable and experienced in an external facing role and in presenting to clients
- Be an independent thinker with the ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions, helping us to remain at the cutting edge of innovative thinking in the sector
- Relish the opportunity for interaction and dialogue with companies, investors, regulators and other stakeholders, and with a host of functions across KPMG
- Have experience of managing medium size project teams; be a proven team player who can demonstrate a clear desire to manage teams, who can gain the trust and support of internal colleagues
- Demonstrable credentials of leading the delivery activities on major consulting projects
- Be highly motivated and ambitious, willing to take advantages of the opportunities this position offers
- Language skills and experience in other markets and jurisdictions are a bonus
- At least 3 A levels or equivalent; Undergraduate or higher Graduate Degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics or similar (candidates with other degrees will be considered depending on their experience)
- All UK staff who have not passed a Financial Services Authority (FSA) approved exam will be required to do so.