I'm looking for
Search results for "KBS"
Supplier Management Centre of Excellence Lead
Service Line: Finance
Recruitment Operations Assistant
Service Line: People
Head of Category Corporate Services
Service Line: Finance
Sales Business Partner (B) - TPL & DA
Service Line: Market Development
In-House Employment Tax Manager - 6 months FTC
Service Line: Finance
KPMG provides Audit, Tax and Advisory services to clients with these client-facing functions supported by a central function, KPMG Business Services (KBS). Within KBS, the firm has an established Procurement function resourced with qualified procurement professionals, supported by an outsourced procurement services provider, responsible for supporting the firm’s £450m+ expenditure on bought-in goods & services.
The Procurement function‘s objectives are:
- To be regarded as an invaluable business partner by the firm’s KBS functions (in particular Facilities, Corporate Services, Marketing and IT) and by the wider business functions (Audit, Tax, Advisory and Markets)
- To drive the continuous improvement of third-party goods & services and minimise the risks associated with commercial contracting activities through the application of best-practice procurement across the firm
- To support the business with technology investments to enable profitable revenue growth
- To deliver year-on-year financial benefit to the firm
Overview of the Position / Key Responsibilities
Procurement created a CFO sponsored Supplier Management CoE to develop a supplier management framework and drive best practice consistently across the Firm supporting colleagues who have supplier management responsibilities through methodology, tools, templates, mentoring and consolidated reporting
The Supplier Management CoE Lead heads up the Centre of Excellence for SRM, coordinates and drives the CoE activity, providing advice and guidance on SRM, procurement governance, risk and compliance, the end result being establishing consistent controls, leveraging 3rd party relationships & spend, managing key risks, creating incremental value and driving innovation.
The Lead’s main responsibilities are:
- Defines, manages and reviews the overarching supplier management strategy and senior strategic relationships for all suppliers.
Driving forward the SRM CoE activity by:
- Being responsible for developing and delivering the strategy of SRM across supplier base in conjunction with key SRM team leads
- Ensuring effective management of the SRM CoE programme of work
- Leading on the SRM communications strategy and delivery
- Being the central point for
- Continuous improvement and development
- SRM related projects
- Supplier base performance and financial reporting
- Leading on the provision of training and mentoring relating to SRM
- Managing overall performance and benefits tracking, central KBS reporting for all key suppliers supporting KBS and wider functions where required.
- Ownership of a supplier management portal
- Application of the Firms independence & reciprocity policies.
- Driving governance and compliance to process across all procurement and supplier activity
- Providing subject matter expertise and guidance on 3rd party risk diligence and mitigation across supply base.
Team and Performance Management:
- Providing direct senior support to Head of Supplier Governance and Service Operations, across all activities within that team promoting engagement and cohesive one team approach
- Ensuring implementation of relevant controls and activities in line with agreed processes
- Ensuring the delivery of a high quality SRM advisory service to key business stakeholders
- Building Relationships
- Ability to build and develop effective relationships with key internal stakeholders, demonstrating a full understanding of their drivers & requirements and identifying and providing appropriate support & solutions
- Operate as a trusted business advisor to various functions.
- Develop strong relationships with the Procurement category teams by acting as the lynchpin between sourcing and supplier management
- Strong programme and project management skills enabling the effective and successful deployment of the supplier management programme to the business
- Ability to work under pressure, managing conflicting requirements whilst meeting client expectations and delivering excellent client service
- Ability to work as part of a team, contributing to the wider procurement vision and priorities, leading and supporting the pursuit of best practice supplier management
- Act as a mentor, providing best practice advice to the less experienced members of the category teams, and wider business operations teams, offering support and direction as appropriate
Skills and Behaviours:
- The Supplier Manager Programme Lead is required to demonstrate the Skills & Behaviours expected of a Manager (see “Skills & Behaviours in Action”). In particular the position requires:
Delivering Quality Service
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stakeholder priorities
- Ability and willingness to adopt a flexible approach to client projects
- Fully accountable for project deliverables and demonstrable contribution to benefit targets.
- Single point of contact for SRM policies and cross KBS reporting supplier’s performance
- Ability to influence stakeholder thinking and to demonstrate value of supplier management procurement practices.
- Service ethos and ability to demonstrate discretion, diplomacy and gravitas
Drive and Resilience
- Ability to sustain a high level of drive and maintain a professional and enthusiastic
- Willingness to work hard to meet demands in key times of pressure and the ability to overcome obstacles
- Ability to analyse complex issues & challenges, evaluate options and make recommendations with clear supporting rational
Qualifications and Experience
- Expansive experience in relevant commercial roles, preferably recent years within the supplier management arena. Degree qualified (or equivalent)
- Strong appreciation of financial/professional consultancy services culture
- Strong influencing skills to ensure successful continued adoption of the programme
- Proven broad SRM track-record of successfully overseeing large, multi-faceted, contracts with evidence of financial benefit delivery, effective contract management, risk management and innovation.
- CIPS / IACCM qualified an advantage.
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate assertively, confidently with presence and gravitas.
- Ability to recognise and interpret complex requirements and create clear/logical process driven governance and pragmatic decision making on that basis.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously, manage own time effectively etc. to achieve goals.
Role: Recruitment Operations Assistant – Experienced Hire
Role Type: 6 Month - FTC
Location: Birmingham, UK
Team: Experienced Hire Recruitment Team – KBS
Travel: Some Travel required; e.g. Meetings in London offices.
The Experienced Hire (EH) Recruitment Team is a team of highly specialist recruiters recruiting diverse talent into KPMG. The Recruitment Operations team provides process, systems and project management support to the recruitment teams.
• Responsible for a variety of co-ordination and administrative tasks across KPMG’s end to end recruitment process, such as managing the EH general inbox and answering routine enquiries
• Supporting the Experienced Hire recruitment team with day to day activities and recruitment projects as required ensuring adherence to programme quality standards
• Provide PMO support to a variety of different projects, such as managing the collation of Risk and Issue logs, programme status reports, taking meeting minutes and ensuring prompt follow up on actions.
• Responsibility for the ongoing maintenance of both ATS and People systems
• Identification and execution of process improvement opportunities
• Proven ability in operations, customer service, people and project support/ PMO environments and be able to build on his/her experiences contributing to meeting the goals and objectives of the Experienced Hire Team and KPMG
• Previous experience in Recruiting Support or HR Operations in a large, matrixed, organisation.
• Knowledge and understanding of the full Recruiting lifecycle
• Experience in Applicant Tracking Systems and/or HR Software: experience of Success factors would be beneficial
• Strong project-based orientation; comfortable working to deadlines and maintaining responsibility for reports, etc
• Proactively contributing to initiatives and/or projects across the wider team as required, with strong organisation skills and high levels of attention to detail
• Proven ability to take initiative and continuously seek ways to improve existing processes.
• Adaptability and resilience to changing priorities and initiatives
• Proven analytical/decision making skills
• Effective prioritization and time management discipline
• Strong relationship development skills and communications skills, written and verbal
• Experience and ability to work with cross functional teams (finance, operations, legal, IT)
KPMG provides Audit, Tax and Advisory services to clients with these client-facing functions supported by a central function, KPMG Business Services (KBS). Within KBS, the firm has an established Procurement function resourced with qualified procurement professionals, supported by an outsourced procurement services provider, responsible for supporting the firm’s £500m+ expenditure on bought-in goods & services.
The support the Procurement Vision of being a ‘Trusted partner, enabling growth, the function‘s objectives include:
- Spend Control – increased visibility, control and influence over a larger scope
- Customer Experience – proactive delivery to foster a positive customer experience
- Delivery Excellence – efficient and positively evolving the service
- Value Creation – proactive focus on value and business partnering
- Enhanced Capabilities & Behaviours – operating with positive capability and leadership
Overview of the Position
Procurement’s sourcing activities are managed by four core teams; Technology Services, Travel Services, Supplier Governance and Service Operations, and Corporate Services (incorporating; Facilities, Marketing, HR & Professional Services). The Head of Corporate Services Category, reports to the Chief Procurement Officer.
The combined Corporate Services spend for KPMG LLP is circa £300m per annum, spanning a wide functional stakeholder landscape.
The Head of Corporate Services Category is responsible for maximising the contribution of the category to the firm. Leading and working together with the retained KPMG procurement leadership team and outsourced Procurement service provider to apply commercial, contractual and risk management expertise to the firm’s KBS and Client facing functions.
Providing strategic support of the key stakeholders and budget-holders responsible for expenditure and supplier relationships in related category supply chains. Stakeholders will operate in multiple business market sectors and deploy a broad range of services and solutions.
The Head of Corporate Services Category main responsibilities are:
- Develop and deliver strategies which deliver enablement-focussed sourcing and commercial advisory expertise to KPMG Client-services teams to provide a low-friction procurement service which optimises quality, cost, and time to market outcomes for KPMG and its Clients.
- Delivering quality client service careful management of potential tensions between business requirements and the application of procurement best practice
- Operate as a trusted business advisor to the business functions, accepted as procurement subject matter expert
- Contribution to the overall strategic direction of Procurement through active participation on the Procurement Leadership Team (PLT)
- Where applicable, provide management & leadership of category team resources (direct and remotely deployed). Activities may include implementation of Managing for Excellence methodologies in respect to recruitment, staff retention and personnel development (including goal-setting & appraisal) and optimal allocation of resources to projects & activities. People management responsibilities will not apply in respect to the outsourced providers’ resource.
Strategy and Innovation
- Strategic management of the category including analysis, planning, target-setting and performance monitoring, working in conjunction with the outsourced provider to seek the optimum strategic approaches and maximising value add.
- Embedding wider Firm or team-driven innovation into category management and client support activities
- Execution of a category plan; oversight and effective management of all sourcing & contracting activities (including support of applicable client activities & projects, contract renewals, extensions, variations, terminations etc.) and category development activities
- Application of the firm’s independence & reciprocity policies, and application of the department’s standard processes, tools, templates & systems to all sourcing & contracting activities
- Appropriate consideration of CSR & diversity criteria in all sourcing & contracting activities and active participation in the firm’s Supplier Diversity & CSR Programme
In particular the position requires:
- Broad procurement experience with a proven track-record of successfully delivering and/or contributing to the development & implementation of procurement solutions across the spectrum of people, policy, process, systems etc.
- Proven track-record of successfully creating category strategies, leading and executing sourcing projects within the broad spectrum of sub categories, to deliver quality, service, risk management and commercial benefits.
- Service-centric approach, evidence of using commercial acumen as well as a clear understanding of objectives and priorities to consistently deliver positive outcomes for Stakeholders, including the realisation of solutions delivered both internally and directly to a client of the firm.
- Experience in complex solutions and services engagements, including strong experience in complex Information Protection and Risk Assurance processes
- Experience of working in a leveraged Procurement function, supported by an outsourced provider, within a blended delivery service of both on-shore, nearshore and off-shore
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree qualified (or equivalent)
- Preferably a fully qualified member of applicable national Procurement institute (e.g. CIPS, NEVI etc.)
- Substantial demonstrable experience in procurement or equivalent commercial roles, preferably with the majority within the range of Corporate services category, including Facilities (services and construction), Marketing, HR and Professional Services)
- Relevant industry experience; Professional Services, Financial Services etc.
Grade: B - Senior Manager
Service: Area Market Development (MD), which is part of KPMG Business Services (KBS)
Location: London/ Region based (dependent on Coverage area)
KPMG goes to market on a multi-disciplinary approach to ensure maximum impact for all our services offerings by being client-centric and leveraging opportunities.
Market Development is a growth accelerator for the firm which focuses on driving profitable and sustainable sales growth for the firm, building the firm’s brand and reputation & ensuring that KPMG is the clear choice for our clients
Activities focus on origination, conversion, profitability and retention.
The Business Partners work alongside the Client & Growth Partners and leadership teams to develop and execute their sales strategies.
This will be achieved by bringing expertise in sales excellence and enablement and harnessing additional specialist resource from across Market Development & broader global/ UK firm to deliver results.
The successful individual will focus with client teams to implement sales practices and disciplines which drive profitable growth through guidance, coaching, development and supportive challenge.
Role and Responsibilities
The Sales BP is accountable for working alongside the Client & Growth Partner to develop and implement the sales excellence strategy. The role will be required to embed significant cultural change and so should be able to demonstrate they are competent to operate and challenge at a senior level across a matrix organisation.
1) Complete a KPMG Way maturity assessment & understand strengths and gaps – considering goals and strategies of the Coverage/ Capability area.
2) Work closely with the Client & Growth Partner to help formulate and deliver the sales strategy with focus on building Trust and Growth.
3) Develop and agree sales plans with leadership team including Client & Growth Partner, Coverage/ Capability lead, & Regional/ Sector Heads.
4) Focus on sales strategies which Maximise KPMG investments by bringing the best of Market Development (MD) & feedback client team requirements to inform MD focus and resource model.
5) Drive adoption of leading sales practices to provide optimum performance to client facing teams e.g. MarketEDGE, Client Conversations and Strategic Account Management. Strong candidates will have the capability to assess the needs of teams and individuals and deliver workshops, coaching, guidance & supportive challenge which is relevant to desired outcome.
6) Work alongside Client Teams and Marketing to run agreed sales campaigns, optimising leads and tracking reporting ROI in meetings and revenue.
7) Work with HOPO, HO Finance & Sales operations to drive and help embed good practices in sales frameworks, qualification, account planning and broader sales management discipline.
8) Optimise sales KPIs, MIs, pipeline and CRM and discuss with leadership to promote sound financial business decisions
9) Contribute across Market Development and KBS leadership team.
Qualifications and experience
• Diploma or degree qualified (ideally business related).
• Proven skills in senior stakeholder management up to executive level.
• Proven skills in leading change and multi-function projects.
• A wealth of experience in sales/ client facing / sales enablement.
• Knowledge of sales methodologies and experience of implementation resulting in tangible business results
• Strong people and leadership skills, with ability to engage teams at different levels.
• Strategic thinker with ability to tailor to specific business situations or propositions
• Have a progressive and innovative approach to the delivery of market facing programmes, with focus on driving sales and profit.
• Proven consulting skills with ability to scope requirements collaboratively to gain buy-in across a number of stakeholders.
• Demonstrate strong project leadership skills
• Confident facilitation/ coaching skills to support the development of individuals and groups.
• Have experience leading and adapting to change in a positive way.
• Experience of working successfully across multiple teams and departments to achieve goals collaboratively.
• Be commercially focused, targeting development and impact aligned to business growth plan.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
The In-House Employment Tax Manager role will be to assist with the implementation of the new IR35 legislation effective from 6 April 2020. This individual will be responsible for working closely with the central project team and various client facing teams to ensure the firm is compliant with respect to the new legislation on a real time basis.
The individual will be part of the UK Partnership Tax team, which forms part of KBS and is based in Watford. The Partnership Tax team within Finance is responsible for the tax affairs of the UK firm.
• Working with the transition team and client facing teams to support the changes in relation to the firm’s contractor population required prior to 6 April 2020
• Supporting in the design and implementation of the on-boarding process and ensure it is in line with HMRC requirements
• Project management; and
• Financial modelling support from tax perspective as required.
The Person – Skills & Qualifications
The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate the following skills:
• CTA or ACA
• Considerable experience in dealing with UK Employment taxes with a strong background in employment status.
• Provides persuasive and self-assured responses in a credible manner.
• Applies sound judgment when faced with challenging decisions
• Demonstrates perseverance and tenacity in the face of set backs
• Excellent project management skills
• Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work and guides others around best work practice
• Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work
• Provides compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems.
• Respect for confidential information