I'm looking for
Search results for "KBS"
Service Line: Finance
Head of Technology Category
Service Line: Finance
Client Assessment Senior Analyst
Service Line: QRM
HR Assistant – Security Clearance
Service Line: People
Position Title: Finance Administrator
Role Type: FTC - 12 Month
Department: KBS Finance
Reporting Line: Finance Manager
Working hours: 09:30 - 17:30
KBS Finance consists of key central business areas with a combined annual budget of approximately £488m. The KBS Finance Team provides financial support and analysis for the firm’s leadership and senior management within KBS Finance, with responsibility for ensuring the accuracy and timely management of costs within the function, adherence to KPMG finance policies, routine and ad-hoc analysis.
The team is also responsible for working with the KBS Finance COOs to prepare business critical and affordable budgets and forecasts.
Overview of the Position / Key Responsibilities
Provide administrative support to the KBS Finance Team.
Responsibilities to include:
• ePayables invoice processing, including coding of supplier invoices and ensuring that they are processed within agreed timescales
• Process recharges for KBS Finance costs and issue fee notes where required for external and inter office recharges
• Assist with the analysis of cost reports on a monthly basis, arranging for the necessary journal transfers to be made
• Assist with the preparation of month end journals
• Prepare monthly and ad hoc reports/statistics as required by the Finance manager and provide non standard reports to the business as required
• Perform miscellaneous clerical duties for the Finance team as required, including: filing, photocopying, maintain holiday records, data input, coordination of meetings and meeting room bookings
• Provide a point of contact for the Finance team for internal and external clients and suppliers responding effectively to general enquiries. Provide information to all management levels
• Undertake ad hoc projects as directed by Finance Manager
• Undertake any other duties which may reasonably be deemed to come within the scope of the post
The successful candidate is likely to have/be able to demonstrate:
• Good analytical skills and a proactive approach to problem solving
• Strong Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
• Knowledge of SAP desirable
• Is responsible for own work
• Observes and feeds back processes that are inefficient
• Remains calm under pressure
• Is resilient when meets opposition from client service teams who have other priorities
• Takes ownership for own performance and identifies areas for improvement and development
• Shares experiences and knowledge with others
• Keeps the Finance Manager informed of progress and issues
• Works as a team with other administrators to provide cover where necessary
• Participates in team activities
• Asks questions to get to heart of issue and report back to Finance Manager
• Checks data for accuracy and completeness
• Is able to communicate with a variety of clients at all levels
• Has the confidence to undertake face to face meetings with managers and partners
• Works to deadlines
• Can change workload to match changing priorities
• Can adapt to new systems and procedures
Qualifications and Experience
• AAT (part) qualification or equivalent would be an advantage.
• Minimum of 1 year’s experience in Finance.
• Experience in dealing with high volume processing of invoices/documents
KPMG provides Audit, Tax and Advisory services to clients with these client-facing functions supported by a central function, KPMG Business Services (KBS). Within KBS, the firm has an established Procurement function resourced with qualified procurement professionals, supported by an outsourced procurement services provider, responsible for supporting the firm’s £450m+ expenditure on bought-in goods & services.
The Procurement function‘s objectives are:
- To be regarded as an invaluable business partner by the firm’s Infrastructure functions (in particular Facilities, HR , Marketing and IT) and by the wider business functions (Audit, Tax, Advisory and Markets)
- To drive the continuous improvement of third-party goods & services and minimise the risks associated with commercial contracting activities through the application of best-practice procurement across the firm
- To support the business with technology investments to enable profitable revenue growth
- To deliver year-on-year financial benefit to the firm
Overview of the Position
Procurement’s sourcing activities are managed by five core category teams; Facilities & Marketing Services, HR & Professional Services, Technology Services and Travel Services. The Head of Technology Category, reports to the Chief Procurement Officer.
Technology spend overall for KPMG LLP is circa £90m per annum, including both KBS Technology spend and Front Office Technology spend. Whilst KBS Technology spend represents a large proportion of this spend and managed separately within the KBS Technology Services category, the Front Office category has both spend and revenue exposure as the services are more directly associated to external KPMG client delivered solutions.
The Head of Technology Category is responsible for maximising the contribution of the Technology Services category to the firm. Leading and working together with the retained KPMG procurement leadership team and outsourced Procurement service provider to provide commercial, contractual and risk management expertise to the firm’s KBS and Client facing functions, including Client facing teams including Technology, Tax, Audit, Risk and Management Consultancy capability groups.
Providing strategic support of the key stakeholders and budget-holders responsible for expenditure and supplier relationships in related category supply chains. Stakeholders will operate in multiple business market sectors and deploy a broad range of services and solutions often underpinned by third party technologies and via strategic business partnerships.
The Head of Technology Category main responsibilities are;
- Develop and deliver strategies which deliver enablement-focussed sourcing and commercial advisory expertise to KPMG Client-services teams to provide a low-friction procurement service which optimises quality, cost, and time to market outcomes for KPMG and its Clients.
- Delivering quality client service careful management of potential tensions between business requirements and the application of procurement bestpractice
- Operate as a trusted business advisor to the client function and become accepted as an integral member of the internal client’s management team Procurement Leadership
- Contribution to the overall strategic direction of Procurement through active participation on the Procurement Leadership Team (PLT)
- Where applicable, provide management & leadership of category team resources (direct and remotely deployed). Activities may include implementation of Managing for Excellence methodologies in respect to recruitment, staff retention and personnel development (including goal-setting & appraisal) and optimal allocation of resources to projects & activities. People management responsibilities will not apply in respect to the outsourced providers’ resource.
Strategy and Innovation
- Strategic management of the category including analysis, planning, target-setting and performance monitoring, working in conjunction with the outsourced provider to seek the optimum strategic approaches and maximising value add.
- Embedding wider Firm or team-driven innovation into category management and client support activities
- Execution of a category plan; oversight and effective management of all sourcing & contracting activities (including support of applicable client activities & projects, contract renewals, extensions, variations, terminations etc.) and category development activities
- Application of the firm’s independence & reciprocity policies, and application of the department’s standard processes, tools, templates & systems to all sourcing & contracting activities
- Appropriate consideration of CSR & diversity criteria in all sourcing & contracting activities and active participation in the firm’s Supplier Diversity & CSR Programme
In particular the position requires:
- Broad procurement experience with a proven track-record of successfully delivering and/or contributing to the development & implementation of procurement solutions across the spectrum of people, policy, process, systems etc.
- Proven track-record of successfully creating category strategies, leading and executing sourcing projects within the Technology category to deliver quality, service risk and commercial benefits across the spectrum of IT software (purchase, development, support), hardware & infrastructure (End User Services, Server/Storage, Data Centre & Cloud), services (applications development, on & off-shore managed services, support & maintenance, integration services etc.) and Network & telecoms (voice, data, mobile, networks) etc.
- Service-centric approach, evidence of using commercial acumen as well as a clear understanding of objectives and priorities to consistently deliver positive outcomes for Stakeholders, including the realisation of solutions delivered both internally and directly to a client of the firm.
- Experience in complex solutions and services engagements, including strong experience in complex Information Protection and Risk Assurance processes
- Experience of working in a leveraged Procurement function, supported by an outsourced provider, within a blended delivery service of both on-shore, nearshore and off-shore
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree qualified (or equivalent)
- Preferably a fully qualified member of applicable national Procurement institute (eg. CIPS, NEVI etc.)
- Substantial demonstrable experience in procurement or equivalent commercial roles, preferably with the majority within the Technology Services category, with direct exposure the specific solutions of the leading innovative Technology solutions
- Relevant industry experience; Professional Services, Financial Services etc.
Role: Client Assessment Senior Analyst
Role Type: Perm
Function: Risk Operations Group, Quality and Risk Management, KBS
Location: UK, Watford
Working Hours: 9:30am - 5:30
Our vision is to be the Clear Choice for our clients and the most trusted Firm. This is underpinned by the choice of clients we accept and work with. KPMG undertakes client risk assessments (CRA), including Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Know Your Client (KYC) as part its process for accepting clients.
The Client Assessment Team forms a key part of this process and sits within Q&RM (part of KBS), which is led by the Chief Risk Officer. This team will also have a reporting line into the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO). KPMG’s Q&RM function is responsible for monitoring the firm’s and its individuals’ compliance with the firm’s professional risk management and quality control policies, procedures and guidance.
The Client Assessment Team is a newly formed team, with both onshore and offshore delivery components and undertakes thorough client risk assessments (CRA) to help KPMG to appropriately identify, document and assess financial, reputational, money laundering and regulatory risks associated with its clients. The CRA will include completion of AML KYC in line with the Money Laundering (Transfer of the Payer) Regulations 2017 and associated industry guidance.
This role will involve you completing Client Risk Assessments (CRAs) including AML KYC on new and existing clients.
You will review KYC and due diligence information prepared by Level one Analysts and then document and assess the results of checks performed in the CRA. The role will involve writing answers to questions designed to assess whether clients are suitable and meet KPMG’s risk appetite.
You will work as part of one of three sub-teams within the Client Assessment Team – each with a team leader responsible for delivery, quality control and performance.
- The key responsibilities are as follows:
- Reviewing CRAs prepared by the Level one Client Assessment Team and completing the CRA in accordance with existing policies and procedures, within SLAs.
- Applying judgement and assessing current and prospective clients against KPMG’s criteria for assessing clients and risk appetite.
- Completing answers to questions in the CRA in clear, concise and business language ultimately for review by the client Partner or Director.
- Using internal and external AML and research systems/databases to undertake additional research for CRA/AML purposes, as required.
- Reviewing information from research and AML checks, applying judgement to know when to escalate issues of concern to assistant managers, and advising client teams on results and next steps.
- Liaising with client-facing teams in relation to information gathered.
- Developing awareness/familiarity of the relevant firm’s compliance policies and systems that support the CRA procedures.
The Person – Skills, Qualifications and Behaviours
• Two years’ experience working in a CDD / AML role.
• Excellent written communication skills, ability document answers to CRA questions in clear, concise and business language.
• Working knowledge of the Money Laundering Regulations 2017 and associated industry guidance and how they apply to KPMG.
• Ability to conduct research using AML systems/databases as part of KYC and client due diligence.
• Excellent verbal communication skills, ability to explain risks and issues to team members and management.
• Sound organisational and analytical skills with the ability to prioritise efficiently.
• Willingness to take personal responsibility, pride and accountability for own work.
• Strong team-player who is both supportive and willing to help out to meet business needs.
• Customer-focused approach with a passion for delivering excellence.
• Ability to interpret information and identify issues.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Extremely high level of attention to detail is essential.
• Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information appropriately.
• Ability to be proactive and work within a demanding environment where service quality is key.
• The confidence to challenge the status-quo and provide fresh ideas.
• Confident user of Microsoft Office applications and internet-based research tools.
• Prior working experience for a professional services firm and/or understanding of client due diligence and/or KYC procedures are a distinct advantage.
Job Title: HR Assistant – Security Clearance
Role Type: 6 month - FTC
Service Line: People Operations
Reporting to: Team Leader – Client Screening & Security Clearance
Working Hours: 09:30 - 17:30
Location: Watford (with intermittent travel to other UK offices including Canary Wharf)
The People Function plays a pivotal role in supporting the overall business strategy. In order to do this we are continually reviewing the way we recruit, develop and reward the people that work for KPMG to make sure that we attract and retain the very best and most diverse talent in the market place and enable them to achieve extraordinary things for our clients. At the heart of our people strategy lies a simple but powerful statement – “our people are extraordinary”
The People Operations teams provide administrative and advisory support to our UK Business and through our ‘service pledge’ underpin our overall People Strategy and Vision. Working within the KBS function, we support our client facing colleagues across the UK. Customer centric, we are consistently looking for ways to exceed expectations of our people across the business with the service we deliver
Context of role
As an HR Assistant in the Security Clearance Team, you will be work as part of a team to manage the clearance checking process for our employees. You will take ownership and act as a key contact for all cases handled, taking all necessary actions and maintaining records to ensure we meet our statutory obligations.
The role will entail close working with other People Operations teams and liaising across the business with key stakeholders including but not limited to Risk, the Disclosure and Barring Service and numerous high profile British government based clients. You will be perceived as proactive, credible and accountable.
Due to the nature of the data handled within this role, you will be required to undertake additional security screening.
As a member of KPMG, you are expected to demonstrate the Firm’s values at all times.
Role and Responsibilities
The role has the following key responsibilities:
• Carry out the correct level of security clearance requested for colleagues and other third parties, and act as a key contact for our stakeholders, reporting updates, progress on active cases and managing expectations, to enable the business to resource client needs
• Take accountability and be proactive, ensuring all casework and queries are resolved accurately and within SLA, escalating where appropriate to the Senior HR Assistant
• Build relationships with other People Operations teams ensuring we are working together as an effective Shared Service Centre
• Assist the team in identifying and implementing process improvements to enhance the service we deliver
• Be an advocate for change across People Operations
Experience, Qualification and Skills
The successful candidate is likely to have/be able to demonstrate:
• An ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels;
• Knowledge of the various Security Clearance levels and requirements and able to use this knowledge to know when to escalate to our Risk team or within People Operations
• Understanding of our GDPR obligations given the level of personal and sensitive data handled
• High levels of resilience, with experience of working in a highly pressurised client centric environment
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communicator – written and verbal
• The ability to influence and confidently negotiate at all levels
• Good organisational, and literacy skills
• The ability to prioritise workloads under a high pressure, autonomous environment
• Good proficiency with IT Office, including: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc. as well as SAP or equivalent HR system