I'm looking for
Search results for "Technology"
Forensic Technology – Assistant Manager
Service Line: Forensic
Technology M&A - Manager
Service Line: Transaction Services
Senior Legal Adviser - IP/Technology
Service Line: IHQ
Finance Analyst – Technology Investments
Service Line: Finance
Assistant Manager – Resource Technology Lead
Service Line: Resourcing
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS 19/03/2020
COMPETITIVE SALARY + BONUS + BENEFITS
MULTIPLE ROLES AVAILABLE
Forensic Technology (FTech) supports clients and their legal advisors in response to litigation, civil disputes, investigations, regulatory, and M&A matters. FTech assist their clients through the preservation, collection, processing, reporting, and analysis of electronically stored information (ESI) such as emails, chat messages, and documents.
The projects are often time critical and include global clients with footprints around the world. Many projects have a significant impact on our clients’ businesses and communities, with matters occasionally featuring on international headlines.
Key responsibilities for the role
- Support the delivery work on a range of engagements.
- Responding to client requests with oversight from the engagement manager.
- Managing small to medium projects from start to finish.
- Extract, store, enhance, and investigate large volumes of unstructured data by leveraging market-leading technologies and methodologies.
- Preparing and normalising unstructured data from a range of data sources: email, electronic documents, instant messaging, chat data, audio data and more.
- Investigating and resolving data quality issues.
- Maintaining and updating procedural documentation.
- Intergrate systems and applications through APIs
- Supporting off-site projects where a mobile technology environment has been deployed.
- Providing technical advice and expertise during client calls and meetings.
- Design database schemes and ETL processes in response to client requirements
- Assisting in business development by contributing to sales pitches and tenders.
- Developing integrations and automation workflows for standard processes.
- Delivering internal training and coaching to colleagues.
- Performing technology demonstrations in the form of seminars or online webinars.
- Researching and testing new software.
Skills, qualifications and experience required for the role
- Proven experience understanding of machine learning techniques for text analysis, such as natural
language processing (NLP), classification, clustering, entity recognition, and relationship
- Proven experience in researching or developing machine learning tools to analyse unstructured
- Proven experience in programming languages C#, Python and R.
- Proven experience using data visualisation tools such as R, Tableau, Qlikview, and PowerBI.
- Proven experience in deep learning for text analysis or image recognition.
- Proven experience in data science, information retrieval, statistics, computer science, or relevant industry experience.
- Proven experience in designing database schemas and ETL processes in response to business requirements.
- Proven expereince in advanced data manipulation skills using MS SQL Server and Excel.
- Proven experience in integrating systems and applications through APIs, e.g. REST, and XML/JSON.
- Proven experience in working with unstructured data, such as text-heavy documents, email messages, and images.
- Proven experience working with distributed computing using clusters or cloud services like AWS, Azure, etc.
- Proven experience of NoSQL and Elastic Search technologies.
- Proven experience working in a professional services environment assisting with forensic data extraction, preservation, and investigation.
- Proven experience in scoping a small data collection across a variety of sources, e.g. emails, network shares, etc.
- Proven experience in assisting or driving a digital forensics investigation.
- Proven experience working with operating system, PowerShell.
- Proven experience and certified in a variety of forensic tools such as EnCase, FTK Imager.
- Proven experience working within a professional services environment assisting with eDisclosure processing and review matters.
- Proven experience liasing with clients through each stage of the Electronic Discovery Reference Model (EDRM) lifecycle.
- Proven experience in review analytics technologies and designing custom review workflows.
- Proven experience in creating document productions to various regulatory agencies.
- Proven experience in eDisclosure processing and review tools.
The Technology in M&A team at KPMG is a growing and dynamic team.
We deal with all aspects of the technology function, from strategy to reviewing technology spend.
We work with both acquirers and vendors on pre- and post-deal technology issues. Our three key client proposition areas are:
1) Due diligence: Highlighting key risks and opportunities in the target’s technology environment in order to ensure that acquirers are aware of key issues that may impact valuation.
2) Integration: Planning pre and post deal to support the client to integrate the IT function and systems into the Buyer’s organisation whilst enhancing value.
3) Separation: Supporting Vendors to plan and deliver a credible, discrete standalone entity on Day 1 to the Buyer with value preserved and business continuity ensured from an IT perspective including support to define and implement transitional service agreements.
You will be responsible for leading client delivery and supporting practice development for the Technology in M&A team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Prepare, plan and deliver M&A technology programmes and technology due diligence
- Leading and supporting our clients through technology programmes arising from acquisitions, divestitures, carve outs and other transactions
- Delivering and/or reviewing high quality, transaction reports and other M&A documentation including IT due diligence and Transitional Service Agreements
- Drawing on knowledge and experience to provide high quality and deep insights and recommendations to our clients
- Leading client meetings and interviews
- Interfacing with senior internal and external stakeholders both at clients and within KPMG
- Managing relationships with key C level executives at clients
- Supporting and contributing to the growth plans of our Technology in M&A business
- Coaching and mentoring junior members of the team
- Identifying and driving opportunities for wider KPMG as a result of work in transactions
- Owning engagement management including quality and risk management for the project
- When not working on projects, support the development of our propositions, business development and preparation and delivery of proposals to clients
- Significant experience in a consulting firm or industry of preparing and delivering technology programmes in a M&A environment including:
: IT due diligence (buyside and sell side) – writing and reviewing
: Vendor assist
: Planning and execution of IT integrations and separations across technology, infrastructure, applications and data
: Development of IT organisation design including people, process, governance, service management, technology and contracts
: Design, negotiation and operation of IT related transitional services
- Deep technical expertise in at least one of the following areas:
: IT infrastructure, including networks and data centres
: Cyber security
: IT operating models, including organisation and supplier strategy
: IT costs
: IT strategy
- Understanding of the deal lifecycle and the role of IT within it – starting from due diligence through to concluding transitional service agreements
- Leading and facilitation of client meetings and interviews
- Leading a team which includes both colleagues and client members of staff
- Team management experience, including experience in the formulation of development and growth plans
- Bachelor's degree qualification
- Professional qualification welcome
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including reporting
- Ability to learn quickly and leverage skills in new situations
- Programme management experience and track record of successful delivery of projects
- Experience of IT outsourcing, supplier management and procurement
- Comfort with ambiguity, fluid consulting situations and a highly pressured environment which characterise transactions
- Ability to travel at a significant level
- Fluency in a European language beneficial
- Respect for client and transaction confidentiality
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a team of excellent calibre in a global organisation. We expect this opportunity will allow you to broaden your range of legal skills and experience.
KPMG International is the entity with which all member firms of the KPMG network of independent firms are affiliated. KPMG member firms provide audit, tax and advisory services to clients and are based in 155 countries.
The International Office of the General Counsel is a team based in three countries. The team provides legal advice on key strategic issues for, and supports the execution of key business decisions made by, KPMG International. It also supports KPMG International and the KPMG global network in dealing with legal, regulatory and reputational issues and risks.
- Provide legal advice and support from the International Office of the General Counsel on the development, protection, enforcement, acquisition, transfer, licensing, and distribution of technology, software and data, particularly risks, protections and opportunities related to products and innovation.
- Advise on, draft and negotiate various strategic intellectual property and technology agreements, with a focus on complex licenses and services agreements (including software license agreements, data rights agreements, cloud services agreements (i.e., SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), software/technology development agreements, and software/technology acquisitions).
- Understand the technical aspects of, and business plan for, KPMG-developed technology solutions, and counsel on cross-border intellectual property and data rights, software development life cycles, open source software, freedom to operate, intellectual property enforcement, copyright versus patent versus trade secret protection, and market trends related to the foregoing
- Support firm-wide strategic initiatives with respect to technology, software, cloud subscriptions, intellectual property, data lakes, data protection and cybersecurity, open source software and mobile applications.
- Work closely and collaboratively with KPMG’s Global business teams (including audit, tax and advisory) and strategic growth initiatives to develop, protect, acquire and license KPMG technology solutions.
- Also work collaboratively with Global professionals in risk management, data privacy, IT and data security, technology and software development, IT infrastructure, procurement, project management, and branding and marketing, as well as other intellectual property, technology and commercial lawyers within KPMG member firms in major jurisdictions.
- Minimum 5 years PQE of experience in the areas of intellectual property and technology law, with a strong focus on complex strategic transactions, deal structuring, licensing, and counseling on best practices for developing, licensing, protecting and enforcing IP, technology and data rights.
- Must be qualified and licensed to practice law and have a degree from an accredited college or university
Experience and Skills required
- Excellent technical legal skills
- Strong negotiation, drafting and communication skills, and substantial experience counseling on and negotiating a variety of technology agreements, transaction structures and software development models.
- Understands how to balance the needs, demands and requirements of a global business with legal risks and protections
- Must possess an excellent working knowledge of cloud-based information technology businesses, services and products and be able to translate complex legal, technical, business and regulatory issues into easily understandable advice
- Must be self-motived and able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume legal department with many different stakeholders worldwide
- Understands how to foster a collaborative and inclusive environment, has the cultural sensitivity required to engage with people at all levels and with diverse backgrounds, and is able to drive the implementation of solutions that typically have a cross-border dimension
- Experience advising on US and EU data privacy issues, artificial intelligence platforms, data and analytics platforms, and mobile applications is preferred but not required
- Some domestic and international travel will be required
Reporting to the Business Partner/Finance Manager, the Analyst’s role is to provide financial support and analysis across Technology to ensure that there is adequate management information to support decision making, and ensure strong financial management/control and thereby drive and enhance business performance. The Analyst will also take a leading role in providing executive and decision support to the leadership team of a business areas.
Overview of the Position / Key Responsibilities
• Provide concise and relevant management information to leadership and key stakeholders to supplement the management information provided centrally to them or available to them from the online systems.
• Financial management of the (relevant) business area and related cost centres. Monitor performance against budget and key KPIs, highlighting any issues and trends. Provide the leadership with insightful interpretation of data, including supporting commentaries and add value to the activities of the unit.
• Develop and enhance reporting and analysis to better understand the impact of changes in the cost base and other external/market factors. Support the Finance Leadership in monitoring and challenging the leadership and the Business.
• Manage month end processes, including the preparation of accruals and other journals and recharges. Oversee processing of invoices and payments to ensure accurate accounting of costs within the UK firm. Calculate and raise invoices for the recharge of costs to other KPMG firms or external parties.
• Manage the consolidation process and modelling of periodic forecasts, budgets, business plans and related projects. Steer reporting to support the drivers necessary to deliver the budget/current forecast.
• Provide analysis on non-financial related data as required (contracts, projects, people related etc.) liaising with teams and key stakeholders to interpret headcount and cost information as appropriate.
• Provide a communication link between Finance and the business area, resolving any issues as they arise.
• Become a technical expert in all relevant financial systems as they are implemented or adapted. Contribute to the technical training and coaching of the wider Technology staff through group sessions, one-to-ones and ad hoc support.
• Champion best practice and knowledge sharing across the Finance team; work with the Finance team to ensure policies and controls are operating effectively.
• Assist the Business Partner/Finance Manager in working to standardise the way the financial processes are undertaken across the function and communicate these to other Finance departments and the Business as appropriate.
• Manage the distribution of financial reporting across the business area in line with the current reporting matrix as required and eliminate any redundant reporting.
• Assist with projects across Finance as required by line management.
The successful candidate is likely to have/be able to demonstrate:-
• Excellent analytical skills and a proactive approach to problem solving;
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills and a high level working knowledge of the firm’s SAP financial systems
• Drive and resilience with the desire to make a difference;
• Flexibility and commitment with a focus on quality and delivery;
• Ability to work without direction/minimal guidance and take responsibility for own work and that of others;
• Ability to work and meet deadlines under pressure;
• Take on additional responsibility where needed;
• Initiate action to improve the service to the business;
• Actively share experience and knowledge with others;
• Look for development opportunities;
• Quickly assess information and finds solutions;
• Confidence to present finance issues to senior management and partners;
• Ability to manage workload to match changing priorities;
• Good communication skills both written and verbal;
Qualifications and Experience
• Degree qualified (or equivalent)
• Preferably a part-qualified member of a recognised accounting institute (eg. CIMA, ACCA, ACA etc.) or equivalent experience.
• Minimum of 5 years experience in finance or equivalent commercial roles.
• Relevant industry experience; Professional Services, Financial Services etc.
This role provides a great opportunity to work as part of the Resourcing Team inputting into projects and technology improvements. The role will gain senior exposure through working closely with Resourcing Leads as well as other key stakeholders across the business.
There will be the opportunity to learn and develop technical understanding as well as rolling out of training and communications.
The role will involve being confident in the use of a range of existing Resourcing tools as well as driving and embedding new tools across the permanent and contractor workforce.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Over time gaining an understanding of the Resourcing digital landscape and driving future plans for the permanent and contractor workforce
- Working alongside the Head of Resourcing to input into the shaping of future state digital roadmap
- Working to provide increased connectivity (in processes as well as communications) between existing tools
- Driving projects to enhance existing Resourcing tools as well as rolling out new technology as required
- Monitor use and adoption in particular for new technology solutions and proactively come up with and implement solutions to drive increased adoption for new tools
- Flexibility to work across business areas, for example from contractor technology solutions through to headcount management resourcing tools
Oversight and responsibility for existing tools
- Oversight role for technical support available to Resource Managers as well as the wider business for all Resourcing tools
- Involves regular close working with our offshore team to join up communications as well as being a point of escalation as required
- Developing and maintaining supplier relationships to work with them on technical issues/ updates/ amendments
- Developing and running training sessions and induction sessions with the Resourcing Team and wider business as required across the full range of Resourcing Tools
- Working with Tools champion networks to ensure they are equipped and supported
- Already have or quickly develop expertise in Retain, ProFinda, Glassbox, Headcount Forecasting Tool, Sharepoint, Qlik Sense as well as future technology to become the expert/ point person for these
- Working alongside project managers/ sponsors and teams within the Tools T3 work stream to input into specific project work
- Opportunity to project manage, for example implementing future technology solutions as well as managing process improvement
- Rolling out technology (e.g. ProFinda) across capabilities understanding the business differences and drivers between different capabilities within the firm
- Driving change and communications management to both design and execute plans as well as stakeholder management
- Reviewing of reporting of e.g. adoptions rates/ ongoing use of tools to help inform next steps in project plans
- Effectively engage with other team members to drive efficient and collaborative working across project teams
- Close working with other internal teams within the firm as required as well as suppliers to ensure project delivery within time and budget
- Consultation with senior Resource Leads and requirements gathering
- Working with a number of senior managers will give exposure to a wide variety of experience as well as additional activities within Resource Management from arranging quarterly team sessions (from agenda content through to delivering) to regular ad hoc support as required
- Ad hoc support across the Resourcing People agenda, Associates Management and Projects and Operations as required. This role provides a variety of activities and additional responsibilities alongside the core technical focus
• Aptitude to understand a wide variety of Resourcing Tools (both existing and future), both from a functionality perspective as well as their business use and business impact
• Resilient and capable of working in a challenging, continuously changing environment
• Flexibility and tenacity
• Ability to design and deliver communications with impact to both small and large audiences, e.g. from one to one demos to large group training sessions
• Strong communication skills; both demonstrating impact in person as well as in written documentation
• Ability to prioritise and manage changing priorities effectively
• Demonstration of project experience with the ability to drive projects forward and engage project teams effectively
• Ability to influence to get buy-in and help to drive changes in behaviours, specifically in relation to tools
• Naturally inquisitive approach to work to challenge themselves and those they work with to drive process improvements and efficiencies
• Analytical skills and ability to interpret numerical data
• Ability to work collaboratively as well as to coach others in the team
• Strong business acumen and understanding of the Resource Management process
• Solutions focused approach
Location – We would consider applicants from our Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, Reading, Watford and Bristol offices too with regular travel to London required.