I'm looking for
Search results for "consulting"
Manager – People Consulting - Financial Services
Service Line: People Consulting
Procurement Manager - Consulting Services
Service Line: Operational Transformation
Senior Manager – Workforce, People Consulting - UK Wide
Service Line: People Consulting
Finance Transformation Consulting (Finance, Data & Systems) - Manager
Service Line: Financial Management
Manager - Reward Consulting, London
Service Line: People Services
GRC Assistant Manager - Technology Risk Consulting
Service Line: Connected Technology
People Consulting is an integral part of KPMG’s Management Consultancy practice and a growing part of our business. This team helps to transform the performance of organisations by changing the way people are led, managed and developed.
We have 4 key capabilities that work across the sectors:
• Learning solutions;
• HR Transformation;
• Organisational Transformation;
• Workforce Transformation.
We are seeking a talented Manager that can deliver real impact for our financial services clients. We require ambitious people who can deliver excellent organisational transformation solutions, build rapport, understand our client’s needs and contribute to the development of our propositions. The successful candidate will be expected to work across all our Financial Services People Consulting capabilities.
• Make it Known – including: case for change, culture assessment, stakeholder analysis, change risk assessment, comms and engagement strategy
• Make it Real – including: change impact assessment, change leadership, training needs analysis, change approach and plan
• Make it Happen – including: business readiness assessment, drive change interventions and organisational alignment, measure change
• Make it Stick – including: sustain change, align Talent and HR policies and measure outcomes against vision
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Manage a variety of projects across our people consulting capabilities, ranging from small short-term projects to a workstream within a more complex change programme
• Manage relationships and chair meetings with senior client stakeholders
• Work closely with the client engagement manager and team members to successfully deliver project outcomes
• Provide specialist and technical input and review of others’ inputs in the design and development of change management project deliverables
• Contribute behavioural change management initiatives. This may include working with key account teams to scope opportunities or help to develop proposals to meet client requirements
• Contribute to the growth of our people consulting practice through supporting business and proposition development activity
• Work closely with a mixture of onshore and offshore team members
• Performance manage between 1 – 3 consultants and support with their development
Required Skills and Qualifications:
The successful candidate will be required to have experience in the majority of the following areas:
• Communications – experience and expertise in stakeholder management, engagement and communication skills, both in writing and orally
• Cultural change – experience in cultural diagnostic, design and implementation of cultural change programmes (understanding and articulating the key drivers of cultural change)
• Organisational Design/ Behavioural Change Management - helped organisations to minimise underperformance during change through the design and delivery of a variety of interventions
• Sector knowledge – in depth knowledge of the financial services sector, understand sector trends and the challenges faced by these institutions / organisations and demonstrate strong commercial acumen
• Project management – responsible for the delivery of a work stream or discrete set of deliverables
• Impact and influence – proven relationship-building and influencing skills and be a self-starter with the ability to work well with ambiguity
• Learning – understanding of how learning and development plays a part in organisational transformation
The following are preferred qualifications for the role:
• Degree educated or equivalent
• Qualifications such as CIPD, CIMA, Occupational Psychology, MBA and Prince2
• Familiarity and proficiency with Microsoft Office packages (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with those in the team who already work flexibly.
We are seeking an experienced Procurement professional to join our Corporates Operations Transformation team. Our team helps clients build leading practice capability across plan, source, make, move and sell - focussing on large corporate clients in the FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 businesses.
In the Procurement domain we are recognised as industry leaders by clients and analysts including:
- ALM Vanguard leader in Sourcing and Procurement Consulting
- A Spend Matters 50/50 Provider to Know
- A Leader in Business Consulting Services (IDC)
We are specifically seeking an individual with experience of procurement transformation programmes including digital / technology.
What we do, and what our key services are:
The Manager will be responsible for managing teams and/or working as part of a team alongside clients on complex commercial or transformational engagements.
The key services are outlined below:
Providing analytical services, including spend analysis, maturity assessments, opportunity assessments and Should cost modelling
Supporting the quantification of potential savings and ongoing benefits tracking and realisation.
Assessment of a client’s existing procurement capability against leading practice
Identifying procurement improvement areas across people, process and technology
Developing Procurement Strategy and business alignment
Defining new procurement operating models that enhance procurement value creation and return on procurement
Evaluating insource / outsource for back- and middle-office as well as frontline services - including working in or delivering outsourced contracts
Designing improvements in Procurement capability including through the introduction of leading practice procurement operating models, organisation redesign, procurement techniques, technology and processes
Supporting our clients to implement improvements across the end to end Source to pay Process including business partnering, benefits realisation, procurement analytics, category management, sourcing, contract management supplier management and purchase to pay
Producing and delivering structured training courses to upskill an existing procurement and supply chain team.
Digital Procurement Strategy
Providing insight on the procurement technology market across Source to Pay, Supply Management, Analytics and Category Management
Helping clients to develop a digital strategy for Procurement that leverages cloud based source to pay technology, advanced analytics, collaborative category management technology, robotics process automation and AI solutions
Building a technology roadmap that drives speed to value for our clients
Supporting the sourcing and evaluation of digital solutions to meet business requirements
Cost and Cash Optimisation
Procurement analytics - Analysis of and insights from data (incl spend) to drive better decision making
Identification of savings/value creation opportunities using a range of demand and supply side levers
Delivering savings/value creation initiatives through strategic sourcing, contract improvement, outsourcing, supplier management, demand management, cash process improvement, contract audits and other approaches
Tracking value to the client’s P&L and locking in benefits
Managing complex sourcing projects including managed services in categories including Facilities, IT and Logistics
Advising clients on the appropriate strategy for complex outsourcing including service and commercial models
Planning and executing sourcing and vendor evaluation
Planning and managing vendor transition and service transformation
As well as being capable of managing the delivery of these solutions, Managers are also expected to contribute to practice development by developing and bringing to fruition new solutions, be involved in business development activity, provide a broad contribution to development of the overall team and support the management team.
We are looking for someone with a strong Procurement background, as this will be the main focus of the work they will be doing – however, it will be advantageous if they also have broader Supply Chain experience.
Ideally you will have previous experience of consulting within Procurement and / or have a senior operational management background or similar role within procurement with skills developed across different markets and sectors.
Digital Procurement Transformation
Transforming procurement capability at large corporate clients using digital technology
Understanding of the current procurement technology market and trends including providers such as Coupa, Ariba, Ivalua and Oracle
Detailed knowledge of procurement processes – including: sourcing, category management, strategic sourcing, contract management, supply relationship management Purchase to Pay (P2P),
Experience designing and implementing Procurement operating model changes
Experience of change management in complex multi-business unit / multi-geography environments
Experience of managing direct reports and / or project team
The following experience would be of additional value:
Experience of complex cost reduction programmes across direct and indirect spend including, analysis, design and implementation
Blue Chip, FTSE 100, Fortune 500 company experience
Understanding of advanced procurement analytics techniques, tools and approaches
Category knowledge of areas of direct and indirect spend
Sector experience in Defence
Detailed knowledge of procurement processes demand and supply planning, warehousing, distribution, S&OP, IBP and) procurement procedures.
Project management and delivery
Relationship development skills with client or business partners
Sales and business development skills
Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
Drive and resilience
Excellent commercial acumen and business context
Ability to rapidly identify issues and propose solutions, supported by data and analysis
Strong understanding of the Procurement and Supply chain processes, issues and solutions
Broad consulting skills, including planning and delivering workshops, structured interviewing, data gathering, process mapping and analysis.
In addition, applicants should be educated to degree level or equivalent. Postgraduate or professional qualification (e.g. MBA/CIPS/CILT) is advantageous.
Depending on Client location you will be required to travel and work away from home for periods of time and will need to be willing to demonstrate flexibility.
The role will be based in Canary Wharf, London.
KPMG is acknowledged as a leading advisor and professional services provider to the UK Healthcare industry with hundreds of professionals daily supporting our clients across the country. You will be joining a successful and growing team, who are looking to consolidate recent year on year growth and deliver a step change in the size and reach of our practice including growing international revenues. This is an exciting opportunity for talented individuals who are looking to grow their skills and abilities within a well regarded and rapidly expanding team, offering clear progression opportunities.
We are keen to recruit talented people who have the energy and drive to succeed in a dynamic and challenging environment and who have a passion for delivering excellent service and building strong relationships in healthcare.
The team works in an agile and flexible manner, with plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and gain new knowledge. We are keen to support and develop our people to enable them to be the best they can be.
We believe we are market leaders in promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace and want to encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.
Take a look at our website with the link below to see “What Makes Us Different”
As a senior manager in our growing IGH practice, you will play a lead role in work across government and healthcare but have a primary focus on the delivery of work for clients related to the health and care workforce. You will also lead the design and delivery of a range of projects and large-scale programmes of work.
You will be working with clients from a broad spectrum of organisations, including the NHS and care sector organisations, regulators in health, care, education, and government departments.,
Joining our industry leading IGH practice will expose you to work on a range of high-profile assignments helping organisations, politicians, policy makers and civic leaders address their most challenging issues
This role will focus on the growth of our revenue, team, offers and market presence focusing on workforce. Specifically, expanding our market in agile workforce planning and related workforce solutions to health and care systems, including provider organisations across England. This means that you will take a lead role in building client relationships, business development from marketing and proposal development to contract and delivery of the work.
You will benefit from working with and alongside specialists from a number of disciplines and experts from our Global Centres of Excellence. Given our position as one of the leading advisors to the NHS, social care, education providers and local and central government we are frequently approached to support the most complex and high-profile programmes of work. Examples of this include our work with NHS England/Improvement, NHS Scotland, the Department of Health and Social Care, the Care Quality Commission, Nursing and Midwifery Council, General Medical Council, Health Education England and the NHS Leadership Academy,
- Propose and identify options and solutions to address complex client issues and challenges
- Perform a client delivery focused role which typically involves review of policy and regulatory issues, assessment of client need, development of appropriate solutions and communication and engagement with stakeholders and senior KPMG and client staff.
- Deliver and develop insightful proposals and propositions, which demonstrate KPMG’s market leading position.
- Develop networks across KPMG’s IGH team whilst also ensuring knowledge of wider firm services which can be used to add value for our clients on engagements.
- Be part of the proposal and delivery team on client engagements. Lead inclusive teams day-today to produce compelling analysis, presentations, reports and other deliverables that are well drafted and concise, whilst also addressing complex, politically-sensitive issues.
- Design, plan and facilitate events, workshops and interactive sessions to support our clients.
- Proactively maintain project oversight, including financial and project risk management.
- Proactively manage and provide guidance and people leadership to the wider team. Including building a diverse and inclusive team.
- Liaise regularly with the firm’s healthcare, education, and wider regulation teams.The Person
We expect that you will have
- Proven track record of delivering complex projects in healthcare, education, local government or related sectors.Knowledge and understanding of:
- You will be a talented and ambitious consultant with experience of a range of workforce related projects in health, education, central or local government, OR an experienced individual from the civil service, wider public sector or other industry sectors with a track record of policy development and project implementation skills.
- You will have the credibility and experience to lead KPMG and client teams to appraise, plan and deliver complex programmes of work.
- You will have a good understanding of the health and care policy agenda and demonstrate a strong desire to support clients in these areas.
- You will understand the changing nature of work and how this will shape the health and care workforce of the future
- You will have people and performance management experience, including experience of coaching or managing a wide range of staff.
- You will be experienced and comfortable presenting findings and analysis to boards and governing bodies of our clients and preparing papers and reports for quality review.
- Ideally, you will have experience of working with across a range of individuals and organisations and a keen interest in areas such as policy, service and workforce planning, the future of work, employee relations, the use of workforce analytics to inform strategy, how technology is shaping the way services and staff work and the role of health and care providers as anchor institutions .Qualification
The qualification for this role is not prescriptive. You will have considerable relevant experience and will need to demonstrate:
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment including taking initiative, consulting with others where needed, in ambiguous and fluid situations
- Experience of leading programmes and large-scale projects
- Proficient in the use of a range of IT applications.
- Hold Security Clearance or be able to obtain clearance when you join usYou are likely to meet the skills and experience required for this role if you have consultancy experience or if you have experience of working at in a regulatory or policy environment or in a Government body or equivalent.
The role can be based in anyone of our major offices in the UK (Birmingham, Nottingham, London, Leeds, Manchester, Bristol, Edinburgh/Glasgow).
In Financial Transformation, we improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Finance function and generate real insights to help deliver value to the business. Our mission statement is to create a sustainable practice which is recognized as being number one in the industry.
Our Financial Transformation practice is a priority area for significant and strategic growth and the team works with leading Investment and Retail Banks, focusing on understanding the core issues and opportunities, in order to deliver value-adding change across their Finance & Risk functions. The key drivers of change for our Banking and Insurance clients are regulatory reform, cost reduction and Finance optimisation and our service offerings reflect this demand.
As a result of our strategy and strong pipeline of exciting projects, we are looking to grow our Finance Data & Systems capability. We are looking for a candidate that brings a combination of technology skills, business acumen and possesses the ambition and potential to become future leaders of our Banking Finance Transformation consulting business. This is an exciting time to be part of growing business.
Successful candidates should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Manage Client delivery workstreams focusing on Solution and Architecture design and data modelling
- Take accountability for the successful delivery of engagement outputs and Client outcomes
- Provide structure and direction to the delivery of engagement activities
- Support relationships between Vendors and Clients to translate system ‘jargon’ into business terminology
- Build positive and collaborative relationships with senior Client stakeholders
- Facilitate collaborative and fulfilling working environments for the Client and KPMG staff on engagements
- Build and leverage both internal and external relationships to support Partners / Directors / Senior Managers to create business development and sales opportunities for the firm
- Contribute to the development of response for proposals (RFPs) to Client opportunities
- Develop innovative and Client focused go-to-market propositions
- Build credibility and relationships in the market
- Seek to cross-sell and bring opportunities to other part of the firm where appropriate
- Support senior management with internal operational responsibilities for the team
- Lead practice development initiatives and provide guidance to junior members of the team on these initiativesPeople Management
- Lead and/or contribute to formal training, knowledge sharing, networking activities for the team
- Act as informal career development mentor and coach for junior members of the team
Successful candidates should have Banking Industry experience, and in particular in-depth knowledge of their Finance function (including interactions with the Risk Function) and be able to demonstrate the following:
Core / Necessary skills & experience
- An appreciation for the end to end finance systems architecture, how each of the components are linked and technologies which are available in the market
- Experience designing strategic finance systems architecture and documenting transition states/roadmaps
- Working knowledge of the key technologies and systems involved in Banking finance including data platforms/warehouses, consolidation tools, reporting/analysis tools, ERP systems (including ledgers) and reference data stores
- Broad experience working in the Banking industry, with examples of delivering client work across Investment, Retail and Wholesale Banks
- Excellent understanding of the business model for Banks, including products, processes and operating models
- Understanding of key industry challenges across Banking, being able to translate these into strategic solutions
- Detailed knowledge of Banking Finance including leading practise reporting processes, controls and risks.
- Understanding of key technology trends in Banking including migration to Cloud, SaaS, Automation, Big Data etc
- Awareness and understanding of Banking reporting standards and requirements
- Ability to manage small teams and develop others
- Self-starting, pro-active team player that is experienced in working in challenging environments
- Ability to create and deliver engaging presentations and output reviews to senior Managers/Directors and client staff
- Flexibility to travel
Additional skills and experience (preferred)
- Accountancy qualification with strong post qualification experience (or equivalent experience)
The Reward practice at KPMG is a dedicated national team that advise on the design, tax, market practice, corporate governance, regulatory and accounting aspects of management and broader employee incentive structures. The business has recently received approval from the partnership to make a strategic investment in expanding the practice, to focus on the all-employee reward proposition. The practice has recruited an Associate Partner from a leading consulting firm as a first step and is looking for a team to support the establishment and development of that service line.
This role provides the opportunity to join the London Reward Consulting team that sits within KPMG’s National Market’s business which services those clients based primarily in the UK. The National Markets client base ranges from technology start-ups to FTSE 250 companies, allowing for an exciting mix of work from a highly diverse client base. This provides an opportunity for consultants to work closely with other internal functions (Tax, Accounting, Legal and Advisory) to deliver joined-up and commercial solutions to clients.
Both the London National Market business and the wider Reward team have grown significantly in recent years, and this role offers candidates the opportunity to join a business area which has wider leadership support to build upon its success and continue to grow.
We are looking for talented, energetic new hires to bring the plan to life and who are excited by the opportunity to create something new in the marketplace. Personality fit is all – we want people who will enjoy and are not afraid by the journey. In turn, we can offer unparalleled opportunity to progress on an accelerated basis without barrier.
Roles and responsibilities
- Managing and delivering client projects such as job evaluation and architecture, development of reward structures including pay, sales incentives and other staff incentive arrangements and supporting senior team members in advising companies generally on development of an effective reward strategy.
- Taking early responsibility for building and maintaining some of KPMG’s relationships with clients, including discussing people issues with clients and recognising opportunities to assist clients across different specialisms.
- Developing and pitching proposals for projects to prospective clients with other members of the senior team
- Developing Intellectual Capital (such a market research , white papers etc) to help take our propositions to market
- Working with other teams to deliver integrated advice to clients in relation to their business issues.
- Delegating work to, and reviewing work carried out by, junior team members from both technical and commercial perspectives.
- Presenting solutions to clients as part of the delivery team
- Maintaining awareness of legal, regulatory and legislative trends that relate to reward
- Training and developing junior team members from both technical and non-technical perspective.
- Assisting in the development of innovative solutions and opportunities for clients and being part of initiatives to bring those solutions to market.
- Advising on technical issues and supporting the team’s knowledge management.Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree. An analytical subject e.g. economics, finance, mathematics, business, statistics an advantage but not essential
- Work experience that demonstrates strong technical and client service skills as well as strong business development acumen.
- Excellent direct experience in the Reward field in a consulting role, with additional corporate experience taken into consideration
- Ability to be a self-starter and work independently, but also cooperatively in a close team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent Microsoft Office skills, particularly in ExcelThis role is suitable for:
- Committed and driven candidates who take personal responsibility and accountability for projects.
- Team players who enjoy working with people from different backgrounds and disciplines and can communicate and manage multi-dimensional projects.
- Approachable people who are keen to develop personally and professionally and to assist with the development of junior team members.
- Intellectually curious, open-minded and analytical people, with an eye for detail and pride in their work.
- Proactive professionals who deliver great service to their clients.
- Individuals who are keen to develop their business development acumen from their current core level of experience.
Using a wide variety of technical and sector-specific skills, KPMG's Risk & RDT Consulting group proactively helps transform clients to increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including fraud, regulatory compliance, risk frameworks and modelling, capital efficiency, corporate governance, dispute resolution, deriving value from contracts and much more.
Technology - Our clients need to deal effectively with technology related risks and derive maximum value from automation, data and digital technology. Our specialists provide independent, jargon free advice and advanced technology capabilities to help our clients proactively manage their technology risks and use their data to its full potential.
The Role & Person
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
Within Technology Risk Consulting Corporates, our Governance Risk & Compliance (GRC) team perform a large amount of our work implementing GRC solutions and providing assurance and advice to clients on their GRC journey.
Our GRC projects include delivery of business cases, roadmaps, system remediation work, process re-design, risk management solutions, data analysis, security solutions, compliance management and continuous controls monitoring. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, or as part of broader transformation programmes.
This role requires GRC process, functional and technical knowledge with good grasp of business processes, delivering projects and assurance services. Exposure to use of GRC tools and technology both from functional and technical perspective is essential. The successful candidate will be involved in client facing and client relationship building across of primarily Corporate clients.
Roles & Responsibilities
Will include some or all the following:
• Workstream or Business Analyst lead / SME on GRC engagements.
• Advised clients that operate GRC systems.
• An understanding of GRC technology platforms and their strengths and weaknesses e.g. Metricstream, ServiceNow, RSA Archer, IBM OpenPages, SAP, Oracle, Bwise,, Galvanize, RisKonnect.
• Understand GRC related client issues across different sectors e.g. Pharmaceutical, Retail, Energy.
• Building and managing excellent client relationships across a range of clients.
• Developing internal networks and maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, but in particular in the wider risk and technology advisory and transformation areas.
• Contributing to innovation and practice management, e.g. new services, training, knowledge management.
• Ability to identify and assess complex GRC programmes, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly to all levels of management.
Experience and Skills
• Proven experience of successfully delivering GRC services to medium/large, multi-national clients.
• Involved in a number of enterprise risk management engagements which have included a technology workstream and implementation.
• Experience in business change and transformation programmes.
• Advising clients that operate GRC systems.
• Functional experience of key GRC solutions
•Process expertise in GRC areas - risk management, compliance & regulation, policy management, controls automation, continuous controls monitoring, audit and security.
• Familiarity with regulatory compliance models (e.g. Sox) and standards e.g. COBIT.
• Great relationship/stakeholder management skills at all levels.
• Proven communication and presentation skills.
• Proven experience of successfully delivering technology risk services.
• IT consultancy environment experience.
• Supporting service line through reporting and knowledge management.
Degree/masters qualification in IT
IT Assurance Qualifications CISA