I'm looking for
Search results for "consulting"
Associate Director - Head of Technology Enabled Procurement
Service Line: Financial Management
Cyber Security - Incident Response Senior Consultant
Service Line: RC Technology
Manager - Non Life Actuarial
Service Line: FRM
GI Actuarial Assistant Manager- London/Manchester
Service Line: FRM
IT Audit Senior Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: Audit
Senior Manager – Corporate Treasury Services
Service Line: Audit
The use of cloud-based technologies continues at pace and we continue to see that most Procurement transformation programmes demand technology support, and every successful Procurement technology programme involves some ground-breaking activity.
At KPMG’s highly successful Management Consulting practice, we’re working with Financial Services clients to help them understand how technology can drive business performance. As such, we’re looking for outstanding procurement technologists to join us, grow with us, and develop our Procurement Technology delivery capability, driving our strategy through large-scale Procurement Cloud Technology transformation. Part of a developing team in Financial Services that will become our ‘go to’ for Procurement Technology, you will play a key role in the growing of our propositions to sell and deliver large programmes. At its core, this is a real opportunity to build our technology delivery team and influence within a fast-growing business area. To join us, therefore, you’ll need to be inquisitive and have a strong, informed point of view. Of course, this will need to be balanced with an unwavering client focus. You’ll have excellent listening skills, and a proven track record of helping Financial Services clients reach their desired outcomes. We’re looking for self-starters, those with gravitas, credibility, and the natural ability to encourage confidence and empower change. On the technical side, you’ll need a thorough understanding of Procurement Technology solutions including but not limited to Coupa, Ivalua, Basware and/or SAP Ariba.
We are looking for a Senior Manager with a proven track record of selling, procurement technology projects. In particular we are looking for individuals who have led procurement technology strategy programmes, software selection projects and Source-to-Pay implementations.
We are seeking a talented individual with experience of Procurement Cloud implementation. This is a high-profile role within the team, requiring a balance of business development, practice leadership and client delivery. The role reports into the Director of Powered Procurement.
• Understand demand, identify and unlock client opportunities for Powered Procurement in Financial Services by providing the technology expertise to build compelling market propositions
• A deep knowledge of the current procurement technology market
• The ability to build strong relationships at senior levels (c-suite), and a strong existing network
• Experience designing, selecting, supporting and implementing multiple solutions
• The ability to communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
• Strong people management skills, with an ability to coach and develop others
• Sales and Business Development
• Leadership and relationship building
• A Technology professional with a proven track record of successful delivery of technology solutions in a consulting environment
• Facilitation and conflict resolution
• Persuasive power to communicate with a variety of partners in the organisation
• Excellent People Leadership
• Strong network in Financial Services Procurement
• Drive and resilience
• Presentation skills
• A track record of client delivery, innovation and procurement transformation using Cloud solutions, at large FTSE/blue chip organisations
• Other core consulting skills, including planning and delivering workshops, structured interviewing, process mapping, data gathering and analysis
UK based. Depending on Client location you will be required to travel and work away from home for periods of time (UK, Europe and internationally), so will need to be willing to demonstrate flexibility.
The role will be working in the Cyber Response Services (CRS) Team within our Risk Consulting practice. Cyber security is one of the areas which KPMG has identified for tremendous investment and growth. Our clients face a challenging cyber threat and look to us to help them understand and respond to that threat.
This is a hands-on role with opportunities to grow into management. The successful candidate is expected to manage cyber-security incidents as well as perform digital forensics (disk, volatile memory, network packets, logfiles) and help advance KPMG’s proprietary in-house toolkit.
In this role we are looking for a person who can demonstrate strong technical background, experience in incident response and digital forensics and is looking to grow skills and experience. You will be expected to lead one or two analysts to achieve a task in a project, as well as have the opportunity to work with, and learn from, our most experienced team members as part of your continuous development.
When not responding to incidents, you will help our clients to build their in-house incident response capabilities, which will include: building and developing cyber-response tools, authoring and adapting runbooks/playbooks, assessing the incident response maturity, assisting in table-top cyber-scenario exercises.
We will welcome applications from candidate with a good competency in incident management, but with a developing competency and keen interest in digital forensics, or vice versa. KPMG will provide training and coaching to help you continually improve you skills. Strong technical competency - intermediate systems administration skills and programming skills to develop tools, however, is a pre-requisite.
Our clients expect that cyber-incidents will be tackled with urgency, therefore, there is an expectation that you will be flexible in terms of working hours. In return, KPMG will offer flexible working hours and work from home days for employees who have demonstrate reliability in delivery. For example, if you are writing a post-mortem report or working on a run-book, you can do so from home.
Above all, KPMG is looking for someone who is passionate about helping our clients with their cyber security challenges, often at a time of critical need. In return, we are committed to helping you to enjoy the role and develop your skills and career within the KPMG.
• Help manage and co-ordinate cyber security incidents for our clients, working closely with the incident management lead within the team.
• Digital forensics of relevant incident data (disk, volatile memory, network packets, log files).
• Maintaining a current view of the cyber threat, and being able to advise clients on the threat landscape and attacks which may be relevant to them.
• Develop KPMG’s in house cyber-response tools
• Help assess client incident response capability maturity.
• Help stand-up or improve clients’ own incident response capabilities.
• Help with project management of engagements to deliver high quality work in a timely manner, including:
• Basic financial management
• Engagement and risk management
• Production and review of deliverables.
• Liaising with clients on delivery, implementation and sales issues.
This position is well suited for an individual with significant experience in cyber-security and incident response. For example: a very common type of incident is ransomware on a single workstation/laptop. You should be able to guide a client through a structured incident response process – triage, containment, eradication and recovery. If you are provided with forensic data such as: disk image, memory image and network data capture or proxy logs, you should be able to identify malware artefacts, source of infection and use online research to identify malware family.
• A broad understanding of the cyber security threat landscape.
• Strong technical background in computers and networks, and programming skills.
• Experience of dealing with cyber security incidents and associated response measures.
• Experience of being part of an incident response team, either holding a formal role, or being able to evidence your personal contribution to the team.
• Understanding of a wide range of information security and IT methodologies, principles, technologies and techniques.
• A genuine interest and desire to work in the information security field.
• Standing and positive reputation in the information security community is seen as a plus.
Qualifications and Skills:
The successful candidate will demonstrate competency in computing and networks as well as in cyber-security either by having the relevant work experience, completed a degree or obtained industry relevant certification. Therefore the qualifications below should be seen as means to demonstrate competency and not as a requirement. The desired skill and qualification is provided below:
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and project management skills.
• Strong IT and network skills – knowledge of common enterprise technologies – Windows and Windows Active Directory, Linux, Cisco, etc.
• Working programming skill-set to be able to author and develop tools. Most in-house security tools in KPMG are written in Python, but we accept that a competent programmer will be able to transfer skillsets across languages.
• Technical proficiency in at least one of these areas: network security/traffic/log analysis; Linux and/or Mac/Unix operating system forensics; Linux/Unix disk forensics (ext2/3/4, HFS+, and/or APFS file systems), advanced memory forensics, static and dynamic malware analysis / reverse engineering, advanced mobile device forensics
• Advanced experience in industry computer forensic tools such as X-Ways, EnCase, FTK, Internet Evidence Finder (IEF) / AXIOM, TZWorks, and/or Cellebrite
• Advanced experience in preservation of digital evidence (including experience preserving cloud data and handling encryption such as BitLocker, FileVault, and/or LUKS)
• Experience with and understanding of enterprise Windows security controls
• (Preferred) Degree level qualified, MSc in Information Security, IT or relevant STEM subjects.
• (Preferred) General information security certificates such CISSP, CISM or CISA.
• (Preferred) Incident management certifications such as:
• CREST certified incident manager (CCIM)
• GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
• (Preferred) Digital forensics certificates such as:
• CREST certified registered intrusion analyst (CRIA)
• CREST certified network intrusion analyst (CCNIA)
• CREST certified host intrusion analyst (CCHIA)
• CREST certified malware reverse engineer (CCMRE)
• GIAC Certified (Network) Forensic Analyst (GCFA, GNFA)
• (Preferred) A current government security clearance (SC/DV) or willingness to acquire such a clearance will be seen as an advantage.
To manage and develop external client relationships though direct business development activity and internal people/resource management. This will be achieved through:
• Leading client engagement teams and in some instances working as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Providing a high quality advisory service to our clients
• Building and maintaining strong relationships with both new and existing clients as well as within KPMG
• Reserving for clients in the Lloyd’s / London Market, including for Lloyd’s Statements of Actuarial Opinion and Solvency II Technical Provisions
• Winning new business through marketing and sales activities
• Creation and contribution to high quality thought leadership through written publications, training events, client seminars and conferences
• Contributing to the development of new products and services
• Sharing knowledge and experience and contributing to the development of the team
• Marketing and raising the profile of KPMG
• A willingness to undertake travel will be required on occasion
• Multiple IFRS 17 impact assessments which have also led to IFRS17 implementation projects.
• Statements of Actuarial opinion
• Pricing assurance projects
• Providing assistance to Companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions
• Helping Companies with their capital models and advising on capital planning
• Provision of actuarial expertise to support our Audit colleagues
Qualifications and Skills:
The successful candidate is expected to be a qualified actuary.
• The capability to manage concurrent engagements and play a part in shaping and implementing KPMG's tailored solutions.
• Must be able to produce deliverables to a high standard that are ready for final review, with a complete and comprehensive audit trail.
• Lloyd’s / London Market reserving or pricing experience
• Knowledge of the workings of the Lloyd’s market will be advantageous
• The ability to develop productive relationships that bring in business
• Strong technical and communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to deal with clients and senior personnel from day one
• Flexibility and an enjoyment of working on challenging projects, and interacting with teams from other business groups
• Strong project and people management skills, and an ability to structure task allocations around critical goals
• Strong coaching skills to develop the capabilities of junior team members
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Knowledge of UK regulatory regime for non-life insurers.
• Knowledge of UK reporting methodologies, e.g. UK GAAP, IFRS, PRA Returns.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and an ability to explain actuarial concepts to non-actuaries.
• A broad knowledge of non-life insurance products
Candidates with any of the following skills would be considered favourably:
• Modelling (eg Igloo, ReMetrica);
• Programming (eg VBA, .NET);
• Must be flexible and enjoy working on a wide range of projects.
• Experience gained within either a consultancy or company environment are both equally advantageous
We are seeking additional Assistant Managers to continue to support the length and breadth of actuarial based services, in the areas listed above and beyond
The ideal candidate will be able to assist the engagement team on any of our core propositions, namely: reserving; capital; and pricing projects.
•Calculation of reserves, using different assumptions, by applying a variety of actuarial techniques:
• Ability to review reporting outputs.
• Ability to use existing knowledge of reporting and apply to the UK reporting methodologies, e.g. UK GAAP, IFRS, FCA Returns
• Assist in completing due diligence in advance of transactions
•Ability to perform basic actuarial calculations such as loss ratios and IBNR
•Assisting in the delivery of client engagements, working as part of a project team on client sites
•Providing technical input to a number of projects
•Supporting senior management efforts to cultivate and maintain target client relationships, including assisting with proposals and the development of sales materials
•Drafting reports and presentations.
•Working with other KPMG teams and providing technical input
•The successful candidate may be required to manage small teams.
•As well as project delivery responsibilities, the role involves supporting other aspects of the team's work including sales and marketing, research and development of new services, and knowledge management.
•Maintain a strong record of progress in the actuarial examinations.
Skills, qualifications and experience:
•Nearly qualified Actuary, with significant practical actuarial experience
•Significant experience of working in a non-life consultancy along with Audit, Validation and stress testing experience would be helpful.
•Experience in reserving a key requirement as well as experience in pricing and capital
•Experience of preparing benchmarks
•Experience of working in a financial services firm
•Experience of working in an emerging market
•Have a strong network base across UK and emerging markets.
•Strong Excel skills.
•Knowledge of UK regulatory regime for non-life insurers.
•Knowledge of UK reporting methodologies, e.g. UK GAAP, IFRS, PRA Returns.
•proficient in SAS
•Knowledge of Solvency II pillars, particularly the quantitative requirements Lloyd’s market experience;
•Strong communication skills, both written and oral, and an ability to explain actuarial concepts to non-actuaries.
•A broad knowledge of non-life insurance products
•Flexible and enjoy working on a wide range of projects.
Within the FS IT Audit team, our work involves providing consultancy, assurance, advice and attestation to clients on their IT systems and processes. Our focus is on IT risk management, IT controls testing, IT project assurance, and the technology and data aspects of regulation. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, large scale consulting projects and as part of external and internal audit engagements.
• Work with Partners and Directors in delivering technology risk services with an emphasis on Internal Audit services to the Insurance sector.
• Take responsibility for a large portfolio of audit clients (Internal audit) and deliver IT audit services to this portfolio to time, budget and quality.
• Taking responsibility for the overall output from client engagements including scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production, quality and review of deliverables.
• The role holder will also need to generate new work for the team through actively leading sales and proposal activity within the insurance market with the leadership team and insurance markets group.
• Building and maintaining excellent relationships across a range of clients and prospects.
• Participating in service line development, reporting to the service line leader on progress of development, sales and delivery.
• Developing internal networks and maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, in particular in the wider IT Advisory practice.
• Coaching, mentoring and developing team members, both on and off engagements (e.g. setting goals and appraising performance), and contributing to practice management (e.g. training and knowledge sharing).
Experience and Background
• Extensive ITGC experience within Financial Services
• Proven experience in an IT risk and control / audit environment and managing a large IT External Audit portfolio.
• Able to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly.
• Strong project management skills including being able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, to manage teams effectively, and to deliver projects on time and to budget.
• Able to add value to assignments through an analytical approach to work, and adept at challenging existing processes to identify and implement smarter ways of working.
• Able to develop excellent client and internal relationships at all levels of seniority.
• Proficient at creating and delivering captivating presentations to audiences comprising groups of clients, prospects and/or internal staff.
• Able to motivate and lead teams of up to 5 people and also work on own initiative.
• Experience in business analysis and understanding of core business processes within a financial services environment.
• Experience of auditing application controls for a range of business processes within a financial services environment.
• UK Financial Services experience is essential
• Must have the right to work in the UK
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth. The team offer deep treasury expertise in financial products and markets, risk management, systems, governance, valuation and accounting, and work closely with other high impact functions within KPMG such as Audit, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting to provide a wide range of treasury advisory and audit services, including:
- Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
- Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
- Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
- Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
- Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR and Basel III
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
- Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
- Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
- Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
- Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
- Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders