I'm looking for
Search results for "Accounting Advisory Services (AAS)"
Senior DevOps Engineer
Service Line: Connected Technology
Manager - Actuarial Life
Service Line: FRM
Audit Manager - Real Estate Asset Management, London
Service Line: Audit
HR Transformation Director
Service Line: People Consulting
Audit Senior Manager - Asset Management
Service Line: Audit
Oracle Financials Assistant Manager - O2C
Service Line: Connected Technology
Within KPMG's Technology service line, the Infrastructure Engineering team’s mission is to be the best Infrastructure team ever, by using the right tools for the right job, failing fast and automating like our lives depend on it. Right from the leadership level, our team are fully committed to the DevOps culture and are consistently trying to change to ensure that culture is nurtured and grows.
We operate at genuine scale taking advantage of our alliance partnerships with the industry leading public cloud providers to deliver cutting edge solutions to clients on a global stage. If the public cloud is your future and you’re amazing at solving difficult, interesting and complex challenges and actually writing code, roll up your sleeves then drop us a line and remember to bring cake.
You will be working to continuously advance and standardise our client’s infrastructure and pipelined deployments, whilst collaborating with colleagues to write infrastructure as code that scales and takes advantage of the technologies available in the market.
We have learnt during the recent global situation that remote working can, and has, worked for our large Engineering team. Whilst we have three core offices (London, Manchester and Leeds) we are open to remote working across the UK with a view to being onsite at least one day per week.
• Build and Run cloud infrastructure and software services primarily in the three public cloud environments (AWS, Azure and GCP)
• Manage and mentor your own team of engineers
• Automate like your life depends on it. Keep out of the portal, and where possible build infrastructure with Terraform or other IaC tools
• Run sprints and help prioritise your team’s workload. Jump between helping your team solve problems, to diving into your editor of choice to fix a bug or extend a library
• Manage relationships with clients to become a trusted delivery partner
• Support your wider Infrastructure community by assisting other teams, sharing knowledge, debugging problems, contributing code to central projects, and any other things you can think of
• GTD – Get things done. Use the DevOps culture to bring capabilities together and ship projects
• Develop tools and services useful in DevOps environments such as performance monitoring, security monitoring, deployment/configuration, continuous integration/build servers and cloud resource creation scripts
• Enjoy yourself. Maintain and cultivate the culture of your team
• Proven experience managing a team of engineers and being responsible for delivering projects
• Ability to switch between talking technical to other DevOps engineers, to explaining the business benefits of containers to non-technical business partners
• Proven experience with Linux/Unix/Microsoft configuration
• Hands on experience with public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure and/or GCP
• Proven experience in software development or scripting languages such as Python/Go/PowerShell/Nodejs/C# or equivalent
• Solid CI/CD pipelining skills using Octopus/TeamCity/Jenkins/Azure DevOps or equivalent
• Product focussed, build once and reuse
• Build it run it, take ownership of your code and infrastructure
• Automates everything
• Proven experience working in an agile environment
• Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision
• You like nothing more than to watch colleagues flourish under your guidance.
• Be a technological cloud advocate to a wider audience inside and outside of the business
• Curiosity - Bring fresh ideas to the team and wider firm be it new software or containerisation of existing infrastructure and projects
What we can offer
• Scale, some of our clients are well known global brands, their infrastructure isn't small
• A great team environment, inside and outside of the work place
• Alliance relationships with AWS/Azure/GCP - Work with the product owners directly and help build their roadmap
• Love of technology and learning about even newer technology to help our clients be successful
• Paid certifications
• Flexible and considerate working hours and locations
• Access to regular training opportunities, attending conferences and certification support is encouraged
• Market equal pay and benefits such as a subsidised lunch, health care, pension, cycle to work, free day off to celebrate your birthday
• Assisting in the delivery of client engagements, working as part of a project team on client sites
• Providing technical input to a number of projects
• Supporting senior management efforts to cultivate and maintain target client relationships, including assisting with proposals and the development of sales materials
• Drafting reports and presentations.
• Working with other KPMG teams and providing technical input
• The successful candidate will be required to manage small to medium sized teams.
• As well as project delivery responsibilities, the role involves supporting other aspects of the team's work including sales and marketing, research and development of new services, and knowledge management.
• Multiple IFRS 17 impact assessments which have also led to IFRS17 implementation projects.
• Provision of actuarial expertise on finance transformation projects.
• Providing assistance to Companies undertaking mergers and acquisitions
• Helping Companies with their capital models
• Provision of actuarial expertise to support our Audit colleagues
Qualifications and Skills:
Qualified Actuary. Must have experience of working in a Life Actuarial function or life consultancy
Experience and Background:
The capability to manage concurrent engagements and play a part in shaping and implementing KPMG's tailored solutions
• Strong technical and communication skills (both written and oral) and the ability to deal with clients and senior personnel from day one
• Flexibility and an enjoyment of working on challenging projects, and interacting with teams from other business groups
• Strong project and people management skills, and an ability to structure task allocations around critical goals
• Strong coaching skills to develop the capabilities of junior team members
• Experience gained within either a consultancy or company environment are both equally advantageous
• Curiosity and flexibility to new approaches
• Market exposure
Audit is the largest of our UK practices. Today, more than ever in disruptive times, Audit is a function needed by society, and in the future, so we can capitalise, and grow. As part of the Audit team, you'll be helping to build the confidence and trust that business and society need to thrive. We’re looking for people who share our commitment to achieving excellence and working to the highest audit standards.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
We understand that flexible working means something different to each of us, so we are happy to discuss options that suit your needs.
We are looking for experienced auditors to join the Audit practice within Real Estate in London.
Our team works with a variety of market-leading audited entities including some of the largest Real Estate investors globally. We have won a number of tenders in the last few years and expect to grow significantly in the coming years. We have deep sector expertise across Real Estate.
We take pride in our profession and our work. We are proud of our open and inclusive culture, where everyone has a chance to be their best.
We offer a supportive working environment with benefits packages tailored to the individual to help achieve a good work life balance, giving superb opportunities for personal and professional growth.
As a Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of Real Estate audit. The role will include executive level audited entity interaction and exposure to multiple Real Estate audited entities.
This will include:
‐Manage engagements, overseeing assistant managers and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with audited entity, statutory and KPMG Audit Methodology requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
‐Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with audited entities, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
‐Prepare and negotiate fee proposals for our existing audited entity base, and assist in forming propositions for new business
‐Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
‐Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified
‐Determine that audit procedures obtain sufficient appropriate cumulative audit evidence to support the audit opinion in accordance with professional standards, applicable legal and regulatory requirements
‐Acting to resolve issues which prevent effective team working, preparing a range of meaningful recommendations
‐Direct, coach and mentor Assistant Managers to assist them in the effective delivery of engagements and the direction of their subordinates ensuring cost effective, timely completion and effective service delivery to the required standard on each engagement
‐Assist the Senior Managers, Directors and Partners in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
‐Identifying and documenting risks, issues and conclusions -consulting with appropriate team members as necessary. Focus on complex, high risk and sensitive technical issues
‐Preparation of reports to senior management and audit committees
‐Take a leading role in developing team members to their full potential promoting collaboration
Essential Skills and Experience:
‐Fully qualified CA/ACA/ACCA or international equivalent is essential
‐Experience of managing external audits from planning through to completion
‐Detailed understanding of financial reporting processes and internal controls
‐Up to date technical knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP / FRS102 and US GAAP (not essential)
‐Practical knowledge of technical matters relevant to Real Estate audits
‐Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
‐Well-developed leadership and supervisory skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different seniority levels
‐Strong presentation skills, exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
‐Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
‐Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, prioritisation, organisation and evaluative skills
‐Strong coaching skills; Collaborative attitude with an enthusiasm for coaching and developing others
‐The ambition to monitor and uphold the highest quality of service and products to audited entities (internal and external)
‐Proactive attitude with a desire for the opportunity for personal and professional growth
The RIC focuses on developments across the EMA region, and where relevant globally, working closely with KPMG’s Brussels Office, with the KPMG ECB Office in Frankfurt for banking, and with colleagues in the US and Asia.
The RIC was established in response to the financial crisis to support our clients deal with the unprecedented raft of regulation impacting the industry. In response to the increased regulatory focus on ESG, specifically FS climate risk, we are looking to expand the team to increase coverage on this important topic.
We are looking for a deep technical regulatory specialist in the area of ESG who has experience assessing the impact of upcoming political and regulatory initiatives on the wider financial services landscape and our clients. The individual will have experience in ESG topics and sector experience in Banking and/or Market Infrastructure.
As a regulatory specialist (SME) within the RIC you will support and drive the RIC strategy in line with the wider firm’s banking and customer-driven strategy. This will require close working with other member firms, in particular with the UK, to ensure the RIC’s work is consistent with the firm’s objectives for growth and profitability. The key objectives of this role are to drive brand enhancement and business connectivity, e.g.:
Brand enhancement: raise and broaden KPMG’s external profile via:
• Market-leading Thought Leadership of the regulatory horizon
• Analysis of key pronouncements and proposals
• Monitoring and seeking to Influence the main regulatory debates
• Regulatory and commercial Insights
• Taking a Regional and Global view
Business connectivity: inform and support colleagues in:
• Initiating discussions with clients
• Broadening the way our clients see us
• Joining the dots between issues, practices and functions
• Spotting and developing commercial opportunities
• Providing informed delivery that is intelligent of the wider regulatory context
As a SME within the RIC, your responsibilities will include:
• Market-leading Thought Leadership: monitor and provide insights on the regulatory horizon, with a focus on regional and global developments, which is cognisant of geo-political impacts and market wide developments, and sensitive to different national and regional landscapes; via publications, articles, media and conferences.
• Analysis of pronouncements and proposals: that is technically credible, demonstrates regulatory intelligence, spots the “tricks”, provides a Point of View, is timely, and is clearly communicated both internally and externally.
• Policymaker relationship-building and influence: communicate and meet with policymakers and regulators, know who matters when, gather information, offer insights, seek to shape the debate, challenge perceptions.
• Client and industry-facing: provide added-value collateral and communications with clients; develop and exploit industry contacts; support Function heads, CLPs and CST/sales teams; work with trade bodies and industry think tanks; gather market intelligence.
• Internal knowledge transfer: provide briefings, PowerPoint slides and face-to-face training on the emerging regulatory horizon and specific pronouncements; work across practices and functions as appropriate; develop/maintain relevant sectoral and cross-sectoral networks.
• Inform and support proposition development: identify potential commercial opportunities; work with relevant practices and functions on proposition development and handover for delivery; assist CLPs and Function heads in identifying pursuit targets and determining market awareness approach; assist with collateral development for client discussions; act as SME.
• Team player: provide input to RIC-wide activities and cross-sectoral issues; share information and debate views; plug gaps where needed; act as PML/coach and develop more junior and newer members of the team.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Excellent understanding of strategic ESG issues, FS regulatory developments, banking regulation in the UK and Europe
• Strong understanding of financial products
• Deep knowledge of new regulatory developments impacting banks and their business
• Strong ability to exploit or build network of contacts with regulators and policymakers; as well as to build internal network across KPMG practices and functions
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to produce written reports and regulatory content in the form of thought leadership (newsletters, articles, video, reports, etc.)
• Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
• Flexibility and agility to contribute in a senior capacity to a broad range of engagements.
• Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required.
Experience & Knowledge:
• Risk management experience within a banking market infrastructure is advantageous
• Experience of regulation impacting banks
• Experience having worked at a regulator is a plus
We are looking for experienced auditors to join the Audit practice within Asset Management. We currently have opportunities in the London Office.
Our Investment Management team works with a variety of market leading clients ranging from some of the largest traditional asset management groups in the UK to the top five hedge fund managers in Europe; and from some of the largest private sector pension schemes and real estate investors in the UKs. We have won a number of tenders in the last few years and expect to grow significantly in the next 3 to 5 years.
We offer a supportive working environment with benefits packages tailored to the individual to help achieve a good work life balance. Your role will include executive level client interaction across multiple clients, giving superb opportunities for personal and professional growth within a Big 4 environment.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll be involved in leading the delivery of a portfolio of our largest, highest profile clients using your sector experience to deliver exceptional client service. Your responsibilities will include:
Supervising, mentoring, and coaching junior staff including promoting audit quality
Managing partner involvement on audits, providing progress reports as required
Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients
Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of engagements, focusing on optimising profitability
Regularly and proactively communicating with senior clients on relevant industry matters
Acting as a department lead on your area of sector expertise
Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
Establishing and maintaining strong internal and external networks within the industry
Communicating with clients and subject matter experts on technical matters relevant to Investment Management audits
Actively driving the planning of the audit, as well as the actual fieldwork at interim and final, statutory audit and completion work
Working on tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team
Be part of the Investment Management department management group and drive firm’s strategic initiatives
Performance manager for other qualified accountants to help them reach their full potential
Building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry
Qualifications & Skills:
Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
Demonstrates gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
Knowledge & Experience:
Significant financial statement audit experience
Extensive external audit experience in the Asset Management sector
Demonstrated practical knowledge of FRS 102, IFRS and technical matters relevant to your area of Investment Management expertise
Experience in US GAAP preferable, though not essential
Experience in CASS rules preferable, though not essential
Experience in controls reporting engagements (e.g. AAF, ISAE 3402) preferable, though not essential
Experience working on tenders preferable, though not essential
Experience adding to the audit department outside of day to day delivery (e.g. developing and leading training)
Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders
Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you may benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
The Powered Apps teams are communities of technology focussed professionals who work together to deliver SaaS ERP based transformation programmes based on KPMG Powered Enterprise. The teams use their functional knowledge and experience (e.g. Finance, HR, Procurement), coupled with their expertise in the cloud applications (e.g. Oracle, Workday, Coupa) to lead and deliver client programmes, to support pre-sales activities and to develop improvement and extensions to the Powered Enterprise model. KPMG are growing their Powered Apps team to meet an ever-increasing demand for our market leading services and are seeking IT management consultants with relevant expertise and experience.
• Defining a solution for an order to cash leveraging leading practice solutions to support the business requirements as part of a wider cloud enabled transformation programme
• System design and delivery including, application configuration and documentation, interface and data migration functional definition, testing preparation and execution, cutover and post go live support.
• Leading client thinking in the adoption of leading practice order to cash solutions based on Oracle Cloud ERP technology
• Supporting business development and project delivery activities across clients from multiple industries
• Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this.
• Is proactive and takes responsibility for delivering the project scope in your charge
• Building constructive working relationships across different teams, functions, countries or cultures
• Helps others to understand how their work contributes to the overall success of an engagement and the wider firm
• Fosters a sense of self belief and confidence in others
• Seeks to understand other’s motivations
• Supports others to make brave decisions
• Anticipates the viewpoint of others, listens and addresses concerns.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• Experience of multiple Oracle Cloud ERP full implementation project lifecycles, preferably from scoping and planning through to post go live support
• Detailed knowledge of Oracle Cloud ERP enabled end-to-end business process within the order to cash and preferably other finance process areas
• Prior experience and knowledge of implementing Oracle Cloud ERP Order to Cash (O2C) modules – Order Management, Accounts Receivable, Cash Application and Collections.
• Good hands on experience of configuring Oracle Cloud ERP based O2C Modules and demonstrating the processes and functionality to clients
• Support Functional lead in client workshops to drive key design decisions
• Prepare configuration & other design documents (Functional specification, Solution design document)
• Good understanding of basic Financial concepts (required for Oracle Implementation projects)
• Experience in preparing functional design deliverables such as data migration functional designs or Integration or reports functional designs design (mainly from functional perspective)
• An understanding of the functional, application and technical architectural elements of an Oracle Cloud ERP programme.
• Understanding of an Oracle Cloud ERP delivery lifecycle using a delivery method such as TCM, OUM, AIM.
• Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues, and synthesize large amounts of information
• Experience of working effectively with senior client representatives.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Is able to plan and estimate the work effort associated with implementing an Oracle Cloud ERP based Order to Cash process area / soluiton
• Strong interpersonal, team building, organisational and motivational skills
• Fast learner with an ability to get up-to-speed in a short space of time
• Builds co-operative relationships and fosters an environment in which everyone’s opinion is valued.
• Provides on-going feedback, coaching and mentoring that supports individual’s development needs and career aspirations.
• Proactively engages in cross-functional communications and sharing of information.