I'm looking for
Search results for "Accounting Advisory Services (AAS)"
Technology Enablement Consultant - Manager Level
Service Line: Connected Technology
Credit Risk Assurance Manager - London
Service Line: Audit
Financial Modelling Analyst
Service Line: Connected Technology
Credit Risk - Assistant Manager
Service Line: FRM
Financial Economics Assistant Manager
Service Line: Forensic
Audit Assistant Manager - Asset Management
Service Line: Audit
KPMG’s Insurance Technology Enablement practice helps Insurance clients transform the way their technology enables their business strategy and long-term strategic goals. We provide advisory and transformation capabilities to enable our clients to pivot their businesses in the advent of new technology and against the backdrop of unparalleled business disruption. The practice capabilities focus on:
• Technology advisory
• IT Strategy
• Enterprise Architecture
• Systems Integration
We are growing our team to meet an ever-increasing demand for our market leading services and are seeking your relevant expertise and experience to join us.
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
Technology Enablement Manager (Level C)
Building global relationships and actively seeking out the global networks best experts to address client needs
Communicating compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
Building constructive working relationships across different teams, functions, countries or cultures
Support relationship development with clients.
Support development of market facing propositions, to drive revenue development for the practice.
You will have three key areas of responsibility:
Manage complex, multi-stakeholder advisory services for Insurance technology transformation
Contribute to developing our market growth in insurance technology advisory
Contribute to our wider capability group by developing services and people.
You are required to use your industry experience and subject matter knowledge as follows:Client Delivery
Deliver high quality advisory services which bring insight to complex technology problems.
Delivery high quality transformation services to support client enterprise strategies
Proactively manage risk to client delivery and KPMG risk metrics.
Excellent stakeholder management across business and technology
Provide insight across technology and transformation
Be aware of commercial principles of the engagement and ensure high quality delivery to them.
Work with colleagues to identify and translate potential demand into new engagements.
Understand business problems and identify commercial opportunities for us.
Performance Manage other members of the team, to develop their careers and support the continued development of a vibrant and exciting team culture.
Collaborate with colleagues to maximise and share our knowledge and experience.
Be a steward of KPMG values throughout our internal practice and when leading client engagements.
KPMG is building a centre of excellence for credit risk assurance services and are looking for a highly motivated individual to act as a technical specialist on the external audit of
1) Credit risk models (IFRS 9, CECL, Regulatory) at our audit entities and conducting procedures to challenge and validate assumptions and implementation of said models.
2) The end to end credit risk process and credit file reviews
Advising non audit clients on the impact of changing requirements in provision accounting standards (IFRS9) and helping clients validate credit risk measurement models.
The individual will also be expected to complete technical analysis for workstreams within both IFRS9 and credit risk modelling engagements
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical guidance and will have oversight of the work performed by 3-4 assistant managers and analysts. Interaction with stakeholders within our banking audit teams as well as model development/ validation teams at entities we audit. There will be significant complex judgements in credit over which the individual will have to exercise professional scepticism. The individual will be responsible for the work performed but ultimate accountability for the work and conclusions reached will vest with the director for Credit Risk Assurance.
•Technical review of model development documentation
•Technical review of model validation documentation
•Assessment of model performance
•Independent replication of any of the above
•Credit governance reviews
•Credit risk policy and procedure reviews
•Individual credit file reviews and substantive testing
•Experience of credit risk modelling techniques
•Knowledge of credit risk processes, governance, and documentation
•Experience in all aspects of model development/validation including data extraction, data transformation, modular model development, user acceptance testing, model performance testing
•Experience of Retail/Wholesale PD/LGD/EAD models
•Understanding of key regulatory/ accounting requirements (eg IFRS 9, Basel, CECL)
•Ability to understand and execute programming code including SAS, R, Python
•Ability to communicate risk/finance requirements of IFRS9 to the reciprocal function, i.e. risk to finance and finance to risk.
•Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
•Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required
Organisations across all industries are using financial and data models of increasing complexity in key decision making areas such as project evaluation, investment appraisals, on-going operational and financial reporting purposes.
The roles are within the Modelling team based in London, Canary Wharf. We provide a wide range of modelling services to our clients in a diverse range of sectors such as transport, infrastructure, communications, health energy / natural resources, financial services, leisure, retail and manufacturing. Our modelling services include:
• business planning and forecasting;
• modelling the impacts of business restructuring, including options analysis, cost optimisation, outsourcing and other operational and financial restructuring;
• transaction modelling (mergers & acquisitions, buyouts, refinancing, bids and bid defence);
• management and KPI reporting solutions;
• data analysis and presentation;
• model risk assessment;
• model assurance;
• financial model best practice reviews
We work closely with teams across all functions within KPMG such as Transaction Services, Corporate Finance, Restructuring, Tax, Performance Management, Financial Management, Financial Risk Management, Internal Audit and Regulatory and Compliance Services. We work on some of the most exciting projects in KPMG, delivering high quality, flexible and bespoke analytics and modelling solutions for our clients.
We are looking for advisors to join our team and work in all of the areas referred to above. The successful candidate, after undergoing KPMG’s rigorous training programme, will start working on best practice reviews and model assurance under the guidance of senior staff. This role offers the candidate the opportunity to develop an extensive knowledge of Financial Modelling that would complement their existing strong accounting, finance and Excel skills, whilst also developing client-facing skills, project management skills and consulting skills. As the candidate’s familiarity with best practice financial modelling increases, they will be given the opportunity to work on business and transaction modelling projects with senior staff. The candidate will be expected to pass on this knowledge to more junior analysts through mentoring and on-the-job training.
The role requires working to deadlines, prioritising workload, project management and providing a high level of client service at all times. The level of responsibility you will be given will only be limited by your own aptitude and willingness to learn and to take on new challenges.
• A first-class or upper second-class degree that included finance and accounting modules
• Holds or is working towards a post graduate degree (Masters, PhD, CFA)
• Holds the ACA qualification, or close to being awarded the ACA qualification
Experience and Skills
• Experience of working in a Financial Modelling role with an understanding of financial and accounting concepts or project finance (e.g. debt structures, cash waterfalls, financial ratios) working with Financial Sector clients
• A high degree of knowledge of Excel
• Experience of producing Financial Models using VBA and Excel
• Experience of managing junior staff
• Experience of interacting with senior management
• Experience in describing complex technical issues in a clear non-technical way
• Initiative, enthusiasm and excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong analytical and interpretative skills
• Ability to quickly assimilate and apply new techniques and knowledge
Advising clients on the impact of changing requirements in provision accounting standards (IFRS9) and Basel credit risk capital requirements (IRB). This will model review and validation activities such as:
1) Technical model development documentation review;
2) Technical model validation documentation review;
3) Assessment of model performance;
4) Replication testing; and
5) Reviewing models’ against IRB regulatory requirements.
The individual will also be expected to perform technical analysis for workstreams within both IRB, IFRS9 and credit risk modelling engagements.
The individual will also be required to apply their skills to a broad range of banking risk related issues supporting both regional and national propositions.
Knowledge & Experience:
Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a credit risk modelling role within a financial or professional services firm.
Practical experience in credit risk modelling techniques
Knowledge and practical experience in accounting and risk requirements as related to IRB, IFRS9, and other regulatory credit risk models
Detailed working knowledge and experience of all aspects of model development and validation including the following:
1) Data extraction and pre-processing
2) Modular model development
3) User acceptance testing
4) Model performance assessments
Relevant Sectoral experience – developing Retail/ Wholesale banking PD/EAD/LGD models
Knowledge and experience of credit risk processes, governance and documentation
Qualifications & Skills:
Ability to communicate risk/finance requirements of IRB and/or IFRS9 to the reciprocal function, i.e. risk to finance and finance to risk.
Ability to understand and execute programming code including SAS, R, Python
Flexibility and agility to contribute in a senior capacity to a broad range of banking risk engagements.
Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required
KPMG UK’s Economics team, centred in the London office, is made up of around 30 Economists, who apply economic theory and quantitative techniques to real world problems, helping corporate and public sector bodies understand markets and improve their decision making.
The team’s activities cover a range of practices that include financial economics, competition economics, applied microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics. As part of the competition economics practice, our economists advise on a range of issues including UK and EU merger investigations, market inquiries, litigation and state aid. Examples of recent work carried out by the team include advising the European Commission on the Google Shopping abuse of dominance case, a major cartel damages dispute, advising on regulatory price control appeals in the water sector, and several UK and EU merger investigations.
Economists at KPMG often work closely with academic advisers on client projects and research. They also collaborate closely with KPMG colleagues in other parts of the UK firm, for example Data Analytics, Disputes, Deal Advisory and Tax. The team frequently collaborates with other member firms within the KPMG network, including several countries in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, South East Asia, Australia and North America.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Economics team as an Assistant Manager with a focus in financial economics.
• Be a key member of our successful team, delivering high quality economic advice to our clients.
• Support our clients in cases covering financial economics, regulatory finance and accounting topics. Specifically, this may involve preparing information requests, data collection, preparation and analysis, industry research, literature reviews and drafting of client deliverables.
• Support business development and practice development activities within the team.
• Clearly and effectively communicate economic concepts and findings to non-economist audiences, verbally and in writing.
• Help to manage projects on a day to day basis, including client interaction.
Qualifications and skills:
• MA/MSc/MPhil or above in Economics. Candidates without a masters (or above) in economics but who hold a CFA (or other similar professional qualification) with strong relevant professional experience will also be considered
• Experience of financial analysis in a regulated sector e.g. telecoms, transport, energy, water, aviation, post.
• Expertise in at least one of the following areas of work: economic profitability analysis including economic asset valuation, cost of capital, price control modelling, network modelling, cost allocation processes etc.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• An ability to work as part of a team, towards tight deadlines, and a keen willingness to learn.
• An ability to explain complex economics clearly and apply economic concepts and techniques to real world situations.
• Experience and/or qualifications in quantitative techniques/econometrics and the handling of large datasets desirable.
• Experience of regulatory processes – consultations, investigations, disputes and appeals – is desirable
• Knowledge of programming languages such as R, Stata or others is desirable.
• Professional accounting qualification and/or CFA is desirable.
As an Assistant Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of AM clients. The role will include interaction at the executive level and exposure to multiple audited entities on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients
Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex accounting and audit issues
Building relationships with client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits
Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential
You may also have the opportunity to work on audit tenders or audit related advisory projects
Qualifications and Skills
Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or international equivalent is essential. We will also consider those who are tracking towards full qualification (both time and exam)
Recent and extensive external audit experience within a ‘Big 4’ or top-tier firm is required
Well-developed leadership and supervisory skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different seniority levels
Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal
Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Some experience auditing IM clients is required
Recent, practical knowledge of IFRS is preferable
Experience and Background
Financial statement audit experience
Demonstrated practical knowledge of FRS 102, IFRS and technical matters relevant to Asset Management audits
Experience in US GAAP preferable, though not essential
Experience in CASS rules preferable, though not essential
Experience in controls reporting engagements (e.g. AAF, ISAE 3402) preferable, though not essential
External audit experience in the Asset Management sector preferable, though not essential
Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment