I'm looking for
Search results for "Business Support Group"
Business Support Performance Manager
Service Line: Business Support and Create
Manager - Restructuring – Special Situations Group
Service Line: Restructuring
Senior HR Business Partner - Audit
Service Line: People
Assistant Manager, Infrastructure Advisory Group - Rail
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Assistant Manager – Global Strategy Group
Service Line: Strategy
Location: Manchester (or Leeds)
Contract Type: Permanent (09:00-17:00, Mon-Fri)
This role sits within the Business Support Group (BSG), managing capability / coverage aligned support staff, across multiple locations. The role reports into a Business Support Performance Leader and demands a highly professional, absolute team player, who has the ability to engage, build trust and network at all levels.
Positively adapting to change and continual process improvement, the role requires exceptional stakeholder relationship management and therefore highly confident communication and influencing skills are vital.
Supporting the BSG and wider business strategy and having a sound understanding of KPMG to support stakeholder priorities, the role ensures operational excellence is part of day to day working and standards are upheld. Providing opportunities for growth, engagement and collaboration, enabling support staff to flourish and excel in their work.
The role requires outstanding organisational skills, and is viewed as a key Ambassador role within BSG, OEH and KBS.
Description of the role:
Fully manage an allocation of 40 capability / coverage aligned support staff within BSG, focusing on service delivery and operational excellence
Engage with stakeholders on a consistent, regular basis
Conduct and follow the full performance management process for all appraisees
Manage performance gaps through Reaching Performance Plans
Identify training and development requirements
Implement and deliver annual salary review to timetable and budget
Identify and manage issues as they arise, namely conflict, conduct, attendance, health or other HR issues
Maintain accurate records, taking detailed notes and recording actions
Contribute to initiatives and/or projects as determined by the Leadership team
Effectively manage resources, monitoring coverage, holidays, allocations and sickness
Attend capability / coverage team meetings, providing overview and update
Recruitment and induction of new staff, including reviewing CV's, conducting assessments and interviews
Engage team in Corporate Responsibility activity, instil team work and raise funds for KPMG Charity
Organise and manage student work placement activity
Manage ICT requests
Leadership & Management:
Uphold exemplary standards, lead by example
Work collaboratively with BSG Leadership team
Proactively drive effeciencies and cost savings
Lead team activity, engage in BSG, OEH and KBS activity
Provide recognition and opportunity
Ambassador for change, promoter of operational excellence
Effectively manage and lead a remote team across multiple locations
Continuously seek opportunities to embrace technologies which improve our ways of working and that drive efficiencies of day to day task.
Stakeholder Interaction & challenges:
Work closely with other Business Support Performance Managers, to ensure consistency and collaboration
Establish exceptionally strong relationships with Partners, Directors, Performance Leaders and wider key stakeholders through regular interaction
Consistent interaction with secretaries including conducting formal 6 weekly catch ups on performance and goals
Ambassador for self-serve technology; role model for making use of technology to support day-to-day tasks, as well as aiding stakeholders to embrace new technology-enabled ways of working
Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance:
Follow and adhere to procedures and processes
Role model of self development and coach support staff
Promote physical security compliance in alignment with firms ISO 27001 accreditation
Meet all deadlines during performance development cycle
Live the KPMG Values
The Person- Experience
Relationship building skills at all levels
Working with senior stakeholders, ideally within a corporate environment
Superior customer service
Role model coaching and/or mentoring
Previous people management experience
Expertise / Technical role requirements:
Good standard of education - a management degree or qualification would be advantageous
Good knowledge of internal technology and tools i.e. MS Office 365, CRM, Coupa, Skype, Teams, SAP Concur, SAP Success Factors, SAP Finance, NowSpace
Understanding of management and financial information
Ambassador for self-serve technology, role model for sharing information and utilising new technology
Flexibility to travel across UK offices where capability/coverage group resides
A high level of initiative and proactive approach
Team player, promoter of team work and collaboration
Confident and well organised
Assertive and resilient
Credible and influential
Excellent and proven organisational skills
Evidence based business acumen and commerciality
Innovative and enthusiastic
Technically fluent and embracer of all new and evolving technology’s
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
KPMG’s Special Situations Group delivers a broad spectrum of restructuring work including lender and company side advisory through a period of distress and/or restructuring, as well as implementation support covering turnaround, transformation and liquidity (both working capital improvement and cash preservation for stressed and distressed situations).
We are a team of approximately 90 people, led by eight partners and 12 directors. We are looking to grow the team to enhance our delivery capability to support our next phase of growth.
Whilst the team is not aligned to specific sectors, there are individuals with significant experience in certain sectors and specific functional and/or sector focus would be considered a benefit. Applicants however will be expected to work across all sectors (both in the private and public sector) and situations depending on client demand.
Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
We are looking to recruit Managers to join the team based in London, although applicants will be required to work in other UK, European or international based locations depending on client demand. The role will involve working across a number of product types highlighted above and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
•Working in engagement teams of typically 3 to 6 people, supporting senior team members on a range of product types.
•Undertaking of detailed analysis to present robust advice to client teams.
•Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders on engagements (including divisional and functional management at corporates, lawyers and contacts at banks and other lenders/investors).
•Manage engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices.
•On certain relevant assignments, overseeing work as the main point of contact with the client, reporting back to engagement leaders and other senior staff.
•Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for businesses and their stakeholders.
•Potential involvement in new product development or business development activities.
•Development of junior staff on assignments.
Key Skills and Competencies Required
•Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent).
•Strong analysis (including financial modelling and scenario analysis) and report writing skills.
•Strong commercial and business acumen.
•An existing professional network of client relationships across corporates, lenders, private equity and/or other stakeholders.
•Demonstrable experience in managing client work, ideally with a focus based on stakeholder advisory, turnaround, transformation or IBR assignments.
•Demonstrable experience in managing projects and/or own work streams, with the ability to oversee work of junior team members and build report with key client stakeholders.
•Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
•Ability to work innovatively and ‘self-start’ as well as delegate to teams of colleagues.
•Drive, enthusiasm and a “can do” attitude.
•Desire to build wide advisory skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings.
•Creative with a willingness to try new and different approaches – our clients often have multiple issues which may not be what we are initially expecting.
•Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel.
•A positive team influence and achievements beyond the realms of project work.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Purpose of Role
To act as the primary point of contact for assigned internal client group(s), managing and delivering an outstanding HR business service to clients supporting the annual calendar or events and the relevant business strategy. Also acts as a key facilitator and enabler of the matrixed organisation and a driver of change.
Major Functions / Accountabilities
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal clients, specifically with the Performance Group Leader (PGL), People Partner, Service Line Partners, Head of Performance & Operations (HoPO) and, via the HoPO, the Performance Leaders.
• Develop a deep understanding of the client group, e.g., what they do, the commercial levers, their strategic priorities, pipelines of potential work etc.) to deliver the best service possible.
• Provide support, trusted advice and challenge to clients.
• Partner with colleagues from the wider Performance Group Operations teams (Finance, Resourcing etc.) to drive activities for the business.
Delivery of people strategy / performance group people plan and annual People Calendar:
• Working with the relevant PGL/Leader, People Partner and HoPO, provide input to form or inform the strategic people plan based on knowledge, needs and analysis of the client group.
• Work with leaders within your performance group to roll out that plan and monitor its progress.
• Operate autonomously within the parameters of the agreed people plan to deliver the requirements of the function, with oversight from HR Lead.
• Analyse management information to identify themes and trends, suggest HR interventions to address accordingly.
• Be a champion of KPMG’s culture, values, behaviours and IDSE (Inclusion, Diversity and Social Equality) agenda in all activities building understanding and confidence within the client group.
• Act as a role model and influencer for change initiatives, proactively driving the internal client forward using a range of change management techniques to achieve their desired initiatives.
• Manage the consistent delivery of the people calendar (includes GPS, performance management, salary and bonus, promotions and talent review cycles) in accordance with the KPMG guidelines and the client group’s people plan.
• Work with People Function CoEs and People Operations colleagues to ensure HR policy is implemented consistently and effectively.
• Work closely with People Partner, HoPO and the Recruitment and Resourcing teams to ensure that they understand the future requirements of the client group at all levels, including Graduate/Student recruitment.
• Advise on the structure of packages to be offered to new hires.
• Challenge around IDSE in hiring of external talent.
• Provide trusted strategic and operational advice to Leadership and HoPOs on HR matters.
• Working with the HR Advisory Team, support their resolution of highly complex and/or high risk people issues and flag high risk issues to HR Lead as appropriate.
• Provide coaching support to others (e.g. Performance Leaders and other business leaders) in effective people management.
• Provide HR support in firm-wide restructuring / acquisitions / ER initiatives (where applicable).
Proactive collaboration with other HRBPs to facilitate and enable the matrixed organisation:
• Liaise with other HRBPs within your specific client HRBP team to ensure a shared understanding of the strategic priorities and to enable synergies across the relevant client group.
• Liaise with the other HRBPs in the People function to drive consistency across the business and to share best practice.
• Liaise with other People Function teams, e.g., Recruitment and Learning, to provide a seamless service to the client group on strategic projects and calendar processes.
• Manage, mentor, co-ordinate and motivate the HRBP team, ensuring delivery of first class support (through annual objective setting, regular performance reviews, work allocation, coaching, etc.).
• Foster Project Management skills in HRBPs.
• Lead the delivery of HR projects / change initiatives to support KPMG’s people strategy and the function people plan.
Key Metrics & Measures
• MI, e.g., Attrition.
• Client feedback (Whilst the line report is into the people function, the key source of feedback is the client group).
• Delivery of projects / change initiatives (effectiveness, timeliness and quality).
• Successful completion of HR Calendar activities.
• Employee engagement, GPS/Pulse score for client group.
• Inclusion and diversity target zones for client group.
• Quality and timeliness of advice.
• Satisfactory resolution of complex ER cases.
• Feedback from colleagues in the People Function.
Key Behaviours & Skills
• Deep and broad HR knowledge (CIPD qualification or equivalent).
• Demonstrable commercial acumen and understanding of the business.
• Strategic thinker and ability to translate business needs into people plans.
• Ability to work autonomously to deliver agreed people plans.
• Ability to inspire and lead other HRBPs to deliver people plans.
• Strong client relationships and influencing skills to establish credibility.
• Honed collaboration skills, understanding how to operate in a complex, matrixed organisation.
• Project management experience of large scale / cross-functional activities.
• Confidence in presenting to Partners and Performance Group leadership.
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate and manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment with senior level leaders.
• Data orientated with proven experience of using data to influence client initiatives and actions.
• Knowledge, and use, of a range of change management techniques.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills and strong delivery focus.
• Developed mind-set for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding client expectations.
• Management, coaching and mentoring skills.
• Excellent IT skills (advanced Excel and Powerpoint).
• Performance Group Leader.
• Partners in Performance Group.
• Head of Performance and Operations (HoPO).
• People Partner.
• Performance Leaders (PL).
• This role reports to the HR Lead.
KPMG’s Infrastructure Advisory Group (IAG) is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading independent strategic advisors in the infrastructure sector. The group has won many awards, including financial advisor of the year (Infrastructure Journal). In the UK, the group consists of over 150 professionals, with locations in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and Edinburgh and is organised as a single national team.
We provide in-depth advice on the strategic, economic, financial and commercial issues driving infrastructure projects spanning the transport, power and utilities and social infrastructure sectors in the UK and internationally.
IAG’s Transport business provides market-leading advice to public and private sector clients including Department for Transport, Network Rail, Transport for London, Owning Groups, Train Operating Companies, Major Airports, High Speed 2, Highways England, Rail Delivery Group, as well as major city region authorities and local authorities.
Over the last decade we have undertaken key roles on high profile multi-billion pound projects and programmes across the UK, these include Crossrail 2, High Speed 2, Mersey Gateway, Northern Line extension and East West Rail. KPMG has long been a pre-eminent adviser in the rail franchising sector. Most recently, we have advised successful bidders on the East Midlands, West Midlands, South Western, East Anglia and TransPennine franchises. Our role in these competitions spans finance, strategy, commercial and delivery plans. We are currently supporting Network Rail design and implement its Putting Passengers First transformation programme.
Within IAG, the Rail team works with government and private sector clients on business strategy, organisational change, business case development, and buy/sell side advice for concessions and franchise contracts. Our biggest clients include Network Rail, the Department for Transport, HS2 Ltd and major private sector owning groups.
Summary of Role Purpose:
In response to the increasing demand for advice surrounding the major structural changes in the UK rail industry including through Network Rail’s Putting Passengers First programme and implementation of the recommendations of the Williams Review, we are seeking high calibre individuals with experience in the rail and/or wider infrastructure sector to support our expansion plans.
Key responsibilities include:
- Supporting the delivery of rail engagements (e.g. advice on major national or regional rail investment projects; advice on commercial arrangements between rail industry participants; rail franchise/concession bids).
- The development of associated financial models, commercial analysis, reports, business cases and other client deliverables.
- Building and maintaining relationships with clients.
- Supporting the development of proposals for new business and other business development initiatives.
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge.
- Supporting effective project planning, delivery and closure.
Experience working for or with a transport / infrastructure advisory consultancy, transport / infrastructure operator, or in project development/delivery within government.
The ideal candidate would:
- Have a good understanding of the governance and funding environment within which transport and infrastructure is delivered in the UK.
- Have a keen interest in the UK transport market, which might include major transport enhancement projects, rail franchise bids and city region infrastructure investments.
- Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel for financial modelling and/or analysis, and Microsoft Word for report writing.
- Be commercially focussed.
- Be able to contribute to the development of analytical solutions to client challenges, helping us to remain at the cutting edge of thinking in the sector.
- Be comfortable in, and keen to experience, a client-facing role.
- Be a highly motivated, ambitious self-starter willing to take advantage of the opportunities this position offers.
The role of the Corporates Strategy Team (part of the Global Strategy Group) is to work with our clients to identify, structure and solve their most critical strategic issues. As part of a fast-paced and dynamic group, our consultants offer strategic advice on financial, business and operating models to our corporate clients.
Our propositions include:
• Growth Strategy – helping clients to design and implement growth strategies, including pricing, new product development and market entry
• Deals – advising clients on strategic investment choices including commercial due diligence
• Operating strategy & cost – supporting clients to identify, quantify, prioritise and deliver the changes required to align their operating model to their financial targets and strategic goals through approaches including zero basing, Private Equity Lens opportunity assessment ad operating model design
The main industry sectors we currently work across include:
• Aerospace & defence
• Energy & natural resources
• Healthcare & life sciences
• Consumer products
A significant and growing proportion of our work is delivered through working in teams drawn from across KPMG capabilities and service lines.
For this Assistant Manager role we are seeking candidates that have the base skills ad interest to work across our propositions and sectors, and the role will involve:
• Work as part of a team to address complex market, strategic, operational and organisational issues.
• Plan and undertake primary and secondary research to develop insightful analysis for clients.
• Design and execute data intensive analysis to support development of evidence-based insights.
• Develop business cases and business plans underpinned by robust analysis in support of strategic initiatives.
• Manage engagement work-streams and analysis, taking responsibility for small teams when required.
• Contribute to the delivery and presentation of client deliverables.
• Work collaboratively with client staff and management, often working in joint teams at client sites, in the development and delivery of recommendations.
• Be involved in business development activity, showing initiative in building relationships with clients during engagements and while at client site.
• Contribute to thought leadership and knowledge management to support practice development.
To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• High level of applied thinking and inquisitiveness.
• Strong numerical and analytical skills combined with sound commercial acumen.
• A pragmatic approach to analysis and problem solving, able to implement structure and conceptual models in complex client environments
• Ability to assess information to distil the key strategic insights and convey these clearly and succinctly, both orally and in written form.
• An ability to work both collaboratively and individually; be comfortable developing answers and solutions including when the client requirements are ambiguous or changing.
• Able to form excellent working relationships both within KPMG and with clients.
• Willingness to constructively query clients, peers and leaders.
• Flexibility to adapt to a variety of different engagement types, working hours and work environments and locations.
• Highest degree of personal and business integrity.
• Additional language skills would be a strong bonus.