I'm looking for
Search results for "CREATE"
Senior DevOps Engineer
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Within KPMG's Solutions and Digital service line, the Infrastructure Engineering team’s mission is to be the best Infrastructure team ever, by using the right tools for the right job, failing fast and automating like our lives depend on it. Right from the leadership level, our team are fully committed to the DevOps culture and are consistently trying to change to ensure that culture is nurtured and grows.
We operate at genuine scale taking advantage of our alliance partnerships with the industry leading public cloud providers to deliver cutting edge solutions to clients on a global stage. If the public cloud is your future and you’re amazing at solving difficult, interesting and complex challenges and actually writing code, roll up your sleeves then drop us a line and remember to bring cake.
You will be working to continuously advance and standardise our clients infrastructure and pipelined deployments, whilst collaborating with colleagues to write infrastructure as code that scales and takes advantage of the technologies available in the market.
We have learnt during the recent global situation that remote working can, and has, worked for our large Engineering team. Whilst we have three core offices (London, Manchester and Leeds) we are open to remote working across the UK with a view to being onsite at least one day per week.
• Build and Run cloud infrastructure and software services primarily in the three public cloud environments (AWS, Azure and GCP)
• “Keep out of the portal”. Where possible build infrastructure with infrastructure as code platform HashiCorp Terraform
• Run sprints and help prioritise work. Assist the rest of the team with client deliverables by putting your own stamp on your tasks and deliverables
• Build on existing and create new relationships with clients becoming a trusted delivery team
• Support your community by assisting other teams by contributing to central terraform code. Share your experiences via blog posting, public
• speaking and documentation
• Find an issue? Automate it out
• Build on the DevOps culture and help bring capabilities together the ship outputs
• Develop tools and services useful in DevOps environments such as performance monitoring, security monitoring, deployment/configuration,
• continuous integration/build servers and cloud resource creation scripts
• Proven experience with Linux and or Microsoft configuration
• Hands on experience with public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure and/or GCP
• Proven experience in software development or scripting languages such as Python/Go/PowerShell/Nodejs/C# or equivalent
• Solid pipelining skills using Octopus/TeamCity/Jenkins or equivalent
• Product focussed, build once and reuse
• Build it run it, take ownership of your code and infrastructure
• Automates everything
• Proven experience working in an agile environment
• Professional certifications beneficial but not required
• Ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision
• You like nothing more than to watch colleagues flourish under your guidance.
• Be a technological cloud advocate to a wider audience inside and outside of the business
• Curiosity - Bring fresh ideas to the team and wider firm be it new software or containerisation of existing infrastructure and projects
What we can offer
• Scale, some of our clients are well known global brands, their infrastructure isn't small
• A great team environment, inside and outside of the work place
• Alliance relationships with AWS/Azure/GCP - Work with the product owners directly and help build their roadmap
• Love of technology and learning about even newer technology to help our clients be successful
• Paid certifications
• Flexible and considerate working hours
• Access to regular training opportunities and certification support is encouraged
• Market equal pay and benefits such as a subsidised lunch, health care, pension, cycle to work, free day off to celebrate your birthday