I'm looking for
Search results for "Collaboration, Innovation & Insights"
Managers – Energy and Natural Resources
Service Line: Strategy
Assistant Managers - Procurement
Service Line: Operational Transformation
Manager - Transaction Services - Private Equity Group
Service Line: Transaction Services
KPMG has a market leading strategy advisory business in Energy and Natural Resources, serving the oil & gas; power and utilities and infrastructure sector serving UK, European and international clients. We work with C-level executives to identify, structure and solve their most critical strategic issues related to deal strategy, growth strategy and operational strategy. It is an excellent time to join us as we are growing rapidly due to our unique propositions and the strength of our client relationships, with the Energy & Natural Resources business. As a team, we are a group of bright committed individuals who arepassionate about delivering fantastic client work, developing the team around us and having fun both inside and outside of work.
We are currently looking for managers to join our Energy and Natural Resources team on a permanent basis.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Working in project teams on assignments addressing fundamental strategic and operational issues, you will have a particular focus on identifying and delivering performance improvements in areas such as operations, maintenance, capital projects, logistics, and supply chain.
You will be leading teams of varying size, shaping outputs while coaching and mentoring staff to motivate and develop team members. Direct contact with client colleagues andpresentations to senior management are key parts of the role.
Develop business cases and implementation plans to underpin successful delivery
Lead projects and take responsibility for all aspects of project and team management
Participate in thedelivery and presentation of client deliverables
Work collaboratively with senior client staff and management, often working in joint teams in the development of and delivery of recommendations.
Lead thought leadership and knowledge management to support practice development
Skills,Qualification and Experience Required
To succeed in this role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
Experience of working for a strategy house, big 4 firm (or similar consulting company) or having worked in an in-house strategy team
Practical operational experience in the industries we serve, in areas such as oil and gas, chemicals, energy, maintenance and engineering
Experience of leading complex strategic projects within the Energy, Natural Resources, OR Industrials Sectors with multi-disciplinary teams
Detailed understanding of the value drivers within the Energy and Natural Resources sector
Demonstrable ability to build and commercialise relationships with senior executives within the Energy and Natural Resources sector
Strong numerical and analytical skills combined with sound commercial acumen
Personal drive to deliver results within tight deadlines
Ability to assess technical information, distil the key strategic insights and convey theseclearly and confidently both orally and in written form to senior clients
Opening date : 04/03/2020
Closing date : 02/04/2020
Competitive salary plus negotiable bonus and benefits
Key responsibilities for the role include:
• Providing analytical services, including spend analysis, maturity assessments, opportunity assessments and cost modelling.
• Assessment of a client’s existing procurement capability against leading practice
• Providing insight on the procurement technology market across Source to Pay, Supply Management, Analytics and Category Management
• Procurement analytics - Analysis of and insights from data (incl spend) to drive better decision making
• Supporting complex sourcing projects including managed services in categories including Facilities, IT and Logistics
As well as working in teams to deliver these solutions, Assistant Managers are also expected to contribute to bringing to fruition new solutions and business development activity.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills Required:
• Experience providing analytical services, including spend analysis, maturity assessments, opportunity assessments and cost modelling
• Experience supporting the quantification of potential savings and ongoing benefits tracking and realisation to clients.
• Experience defining new procurement operating models that enhance procurement value creation and return on procurement
• Experience evaluating insource / outsource for back- and middle-office as well as frontline services
• Experience designing improvements in Procurement capability through the introduction of leading practice procurement operating models, organisation redesign, procurement techniques
• Experience supporting clients to implement improvements across the end to end Source to pay process
• Experience producing and delivering structured training courses to upskill an existing procurement and supply chain team.
• Experience providing insight on the procurement technology market across Source to Pay, Supply Management, Analytics and Category Management
• Experience helping clients to develop a digital strategy for Procurement that leverages cloud based source to pay technology, advanced analytics, collaborative category management technology, robotics process automation and AI solutions
• Experience building a technology roadmap that drives speed to value for our clients
• Experience supporting the sourcing and evaluation of digital solutions
• Experience in identification of savings/value creation opportunities using a range of demand and supply side levers
• Experience delivering savings/value creation initiatives
• Experience supporting complex sourcing projects including managed services in categories including Facilities, IT and Logistics
• Experience advising clients on the appropriate strategy for complex outsourcing including service and commercial models
• Experience planning and executing sourcing and vendor evaluation
• Experience of consulting within Procurement or have an operational management background
• Experience of procurement processes – including: sourcing, category management, strategic sourcing, contract management, supply relationship management Purchase to Pay (P2P),
• Experience of change management in complex multi-business unit / multi-geography environments
Multiple positions available
Opening date 17/03/2020
Closing date 14/04/2020
Competitive salary plus benefits
Our Transaction Services practice comprises approximately 350 people across the UK, organised to align to KPMG’s market orientated structure, and is at the heart of the Firm's agenda to increase its penetration of boardrooms and work with clients across the economic and transaction cycle. Within this structure, the Private Equity Transaction Services Team (PE TS) team comprises c.60 professionals focused on both mid-market and LBO houses, working predominantly on financial due diligence projects across buy side, sell side, IPOs and refinancing projects.
Our team works closely with colleagues across Deal Advisory as well as Tax, Audit and other Advisory teams; it is a multi-disciplinary and international environment that sits right at the heart of our One Firm agenda.
Due to the increase in the number of transactions in the private equity market we are continuing to expand the size of our team and have a need to recruit multiple Managers in order support the growth of our PE TS business.
Role and Responsibilities
Perform financial analysis on the financial statements and internal management information of entities. You will be required to interpret financial performance of target entities, using your understanding of key accounting concepts, analysing historical performance trends, identifying key drivers of performance as well as identifying potential issues which could either lead to a price adjustment for our client or an integration issue post-acquisition.
Produce analytics on the trading performance and position of entities in order to provide clients with insight on key business drivers. You will for example be expected to prepare and work with a project data book.
Provide advice as a trusted adviser, using their skill, experience and understanding of transactions to the advantage of their client. This advice will be provided throughout a transaction and take the form of both oral and written advice. You will advise clients about the transaction process, SPA completion mechanics as well as providing general commentary of the findings of our work.
Demonstrate the ability to give clear directions, as well as positive and constructive feedback. You will coach less experienced staff and actively assist in the development of others. You will be expected to coach team members who are have either not yet fully attained accounting qualification or have less transaction experience than you.
Responsible for the delivery of client facing projects by being part of the transaction fieldwork team, being a day to day point of contact for senior client contacts for matters relating to our work.
Your role involves working in a team environment. You may be part of a larger team on complex assignments and you may be asked to lead work certain work streams on less complex engagements.
Build and sustain relationships with client management team members for the benefit of the Firm as well as acting as an ambassador and role model for the Firm.
Monitor and deliver high quality service to clients (both internal and external). You will need to be able to manage their own time, plan and organise work tasks, monitor progress and meet deadlines. Individuals will be proficient at managing multiple priorities.
Identify and manage risks, including front end client and transaction acceptance procedures and ensure the Firm's reporting frameworks are implemented throughout a transaction process.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required
Financial qualifications ACA or ACCA (or equivalent)
Experience of managing buy-side and sell-side financial due diligence projects
Experience of working with Private Equity clients
Extensive experience in client facing project management
Proven experience of building commercial relationships with Private Equity clients for the benefit of your existing employer.
Experience in the development of PE-TS propositions and asset opportunities with Private Equity clients.
Strong analytical skills including the ability of interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions
Excellent written and oral communication
Opening date: Tuesday 24th March 2020
Closing date: Tuesday 21st April 2020
Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits