I'm looking for
Search results for "Collaboration, Innovation & Insights"
Senior Legal Advisor - Product and Innovation
Service Line: IHQ
Ignition Architect – Discovery & Immersion - Manager
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Assistant Events & Hospitality Manager, Scotland
Service Line: Market Development
Dynamics 365 F&O Senior Solution Architect
Service Line: Exceptional Items
Assistant Mgr - FS - Customer Experience and Digital Transformation
Service Line: Customer
Associate Director - Mobility - Infrastructure Advisory Group
Service Line: Corporate Finance
This role will be an important part of the technology and intellectual property practice in IOGC, which plays a pivotal role in providing legal support for – and advising on legal risks, protections and opportunities related to – KPMG’s IP, technology and data strategy, value chain and revenue-growing initiatives.
The role will provide opportunities to advise KPMGI leaders and their teams on the following three key areas:
• product and innovation strategies for KPMG technology solutions;
• procurement and supplier transactions with technology and services providers; and
• alliances and partnering with leading technology providers.
The role will focus on mitigating against legal risks while supporting the organization’s growth through use of technology. We expect the role will make an impact on the organization’s goals of embedding technology in everything KPMG does, developing technology solutions that suit member firm clients’ needs and leveraging data.
This role will report into the head of the IOGC’s technology and intellectual property practice. We expect that the successful candidate will primarily focus on:
2. Intellectual Property and Data Rights Analysis: Assessing whether KPMGI has proper intellectual property and data rights to license and/or provide member firms and their clients with use and/or access rights to the KPMGI technology solutions. This work will also include determining whether any specific terms are required through the license chain and ensuring compliance with the legal aspects of KPMGI’s global quality and risk management policies.
3. Procurement: Providing legal support for the procurement of technology integrated with, or which forms the basis of, KPMGI technology solutions. This work will include advising on, drafting, and negotiating various strategic intellectual property and technology agreements, with a focus on complex cross-border licenses and services agreements (including software license agreements, cloud services agreements (i.e., SaaS, PaaS, IaaS), software/technology development agreements, and software/technology acquisitions).
4. Alliances and Partnering with Technology Providers: Supporting alliance initiatives and partnering with leading technology providers, including exchanges of confidential information and know-how, the development of technology and managed services offerings on or in connection with leading technology providers’ platforms (which may include the digitization of KPMGI know-how and expertise), and the use of low-code, no-code development platforms offered by such technology.
5. Training and Education: Train and educate KPMGI professionals on legal and regulatory risks related to technology design and development and use of data in technology solutions.
A candidate should have the following technical skills:
• Advanced technical legal skills in the areas of intellectual property and technology law, with a focus on providing legal and regulatory advice on designing, developing and licensing technology and the processing of data by technology solutions.
• Strong negotiation and drafting skills across a wide variety of technology and intellectual property license agreements, alliances and similar agreements for partnering with leading technology providers, and transaction structures across various jurisdictions, as well as addressing complex legal, business and technical issues.
• Advanced communication skills to enable the translation of complex legal and regulatory issues, within the context of complex technical and business issues, into easily understandable advice.
Qualifications & Licenses
Candidate must be qualified and licensed to practice law and have a degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience & Knowledge
• Minimum 6 years PQE of experience in the areas of intellectual property and technology law, with significant experience advising on laws and regulations affecting the design, development and licensing of technology solutions and the processing of data by such solutions;
• Significant experience negotiating a variety of technology agreements and transaction structures, including technology and intellectual property-focused alliances and similar agreements for partnering with leading technology providers;
• Must possess an excellent working knowledge of cloud-based information technology businesses, services and products;
• Experience drafting and reviewing online terms and conditions, including End User License Agreements;
• Ability to advise on, and drive forward the implementation of, solutions to issues and matters with an international/cross-border dimension;
• Understands how to balance the needs, demands and requirements of a global business with legal risks and protections;
• Must be self-motivated and able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume legal department with many different stakeholders worldwide;
• Understands how to foster a collaborative and inclusive environment amongst other KPMG professionals;
• Cultural sensitivity required to engage with people at all levels and with diverse backgrounds;
• Deep knowledge and awareness of global business, legal and technology trends which may impact the KPMG brand; and
• Experience in instructing and managing external counsel on matters, as appropriate (other than the most significant matters, on which the individual in this role will work alongside a Partner or Director level lawyer within IOGC).
• Some domestic and international travel will be required (once countries open up their borders and it is safer to do so).
We believe that in today’s world, to solve complex business issues and to spark real change, you need to think and work differently. Traditional transformation approaches often don’t take you far enough, quickly enough. Rational, technical, ‘best practice’ solutions often take much longer to embed in an organisation than planned or expected. We believe that the key to unlock this problem is outcome-focussed innovation and collaboration.
Ignition is where this happens day to day in KPMG. We exist to inspire and facilitate clients to navigate complexity and unlock exceptional future performance. We are famous for our expertise in innovation tools and approaches; collaborative design and problem solving; and techniques for delivering insight through data. We deliver world-class collaboration by blending these capabilities into a range of services supported by relevant subject matter experts.
Ignition architects deliver powerful, immersive experiences – often in the form of events, enabled by bespoke Ignition spaces – the Discovery & Insights Centre, the Lab, the U Collaborate suite and our Sprint rooms. These experiences drive insight, acceleration, genuine transformation breakthroughs and ultimately, performance.
This role is to support the Discovery & Immersion experiences – developing and demonstrating to clients the best of our data analytics and intelligent automation capability and designing and facilitating immersion events to help clients co-create next steps with us that will accelerate the sales process in different firm capability transformation engagements.
Working with clients day to day - opportunity to work with clients on solving their biggest and most complex challenges in very accelerated timescales, motivating, challenging and influencing them every step of the way
Dynamic environment – delivering challenging transformation engagements – in Ignition each team member is, in essence, working on a number of events at any one time
Learn the Ignition approach and ways of working – and how to design and facilitate with impact/ presence with a senior audience – develop your understanding of the design and facilitation methods and approach and how to put this into practice.
Learn about our data analytics portfolio and work closely with Lighthouse, Data Science Engineers and Connected Technology teams across the business.
Dealing with high ambiguity plus high intensity and ‘risk and reward’ scenarios - Ignition events are typically triggered when senior clients need urgent/ critical help in solving issues – this means the stakes are high for the client and for KPMG and the route to the ‘answer’ is often challenging to find/ navigate and define requiring ultimate flexibility, perseverance, influencing skills and an ability to work under pressure and to very tight timelines
• Working with the Discovery & Immersion team to support the design, development, demonstration and facilitation of client events in the Discovery & Insights Centre
• Support lead facilitators on the design and facilitation of Immersion events – physical, hybrid and virtual
• Develop expert knowledge on the technical support required in the Discovery & Insights Centre and how to set up and run demonstrations
• Learn and understand the Ignition approaches to event scoping, design and delivery. Use appropriate strategic or design thinking to support effective event design.
• Project manage design and delivery of high profile client events and interactions, including preparation/ production of inputs for client design meetings and events
• Work with KPMG and client teams to ensure any event is integrated within the client engagement and ensure the smooth execution of planning, design and delivery
• Facilitate design meetings and some aspect of events (where appropriate)
• With appropriate support, lead and facilitate smaller scale events from design through to delivery, developing presentation, facilitation and influencing skills plus overall presence and impact
• Manage production of event outputs/deliverables after each event, working closely with KPMG project teams
• To actively promote and link up Ignition across the KPMG coverage and capability matrix, identifying opportunities, contributing to proposals and driving pipeline
• Drive effective knowledge sharing across the Ignition team
• Act as an ambassador for Ignition, able to describe and apply the capability for internal colleagues or external clients
• Support the growth of the team by supporting a range of internal initiatives, which may include sales, marketing, recruitment, process design etc.
Skills/ experience required:
• Experience in a challenging consulting role with data analytics, automation, people or technology transformation knowledge
• Proven project management skills and ability to drive multiple projects forward in parallel under significant pressure
• Strong all round core consulting skills
• Experience of working in client facing roles, managing work streams and building strong client relationships
• Experience of designing, preparing and delivering complex events or workshops (internal and client-facing)
• Experience of working with clients and building credibility
• Attention to detail and ability to react quickly and professionally to constantly changing requirements and demands
• Strong facilitation and presentation skills
• Some understanding of collaboration techniques or technologies
• Ability to produce high quality outputs in tight timeframes
The Assistant Events and Hospitality Manager will focus on the delivery of events and hospitality activities across the UK. The individual will sit as part of the newly established Operational Excellence Hub (OEH) and will manage the delivery of events and hospitality working in conjunction team members from across the Marketing function.
The Operational Effectiveness Hub (OEH) includes marketing and event specialists who bring operational capability and process execution to support the delivery of our marketing and strategic relationship programmes. Part of our Campaign Management team, the OEH works alongside the Marketing Centre of Expertise to support brand and risk management, event delivery, marketing effectiveness, campaign delivery and digital enablement.
Events and Hospitality are key to the delivery of a successful marketing plan, managing and delivering best practice planning and delivery in respect of our business events and hospitality activities.
The Assistant Manager will ensure that events and hospitality activities support the delivery of the brief, meeting our brand and regulatory requirements and actively involving colleagues throughout development to ensure buy-in, quality and effectiveness.
You will have the ability to co-ordinate activities across multiple stakeholders, channels, programmes and activities prioritising both your own and other colleagues’ focus to ensure we hit agreed timelines.
The role will often include supporting business relationships including capturing feedback, input into content and messaging and internal engagement.
This includes working autonomously where appropriate on location or virtually at events with the ability to manage stakeholders, interact with clients and address issues that arise.
This role will require working patterns that include evening and weekend working.
Description of the role
•Managing best practice for development and delivery of our event and hospitality programmes (live, hybrid and virtual).
•Good digital event skills including hosting on key platforms (e.g Microsoft Teams, Zoom or SpotMe) with proven stakeholder briefing and platform management skills.
•Working with the Campaign Management team to ensure all programmes are joined up, sponsored and delivered on time and on budget.
•Draft third party briefs and seek required client insights, business input and competitor insights as part of the event development process.
•Ensure effective project management and budget control.
•Coordinate and work alongside third parties, partners and other internal teams and ensure we best use their skills and capabilities.
•Managing suppliers including contract negotiation within budget and invoice settlement
•Manage the requirements of our processes across deliverables including hospitality and entertaining guidelines and brand, risk and data management policies.
•Capture reporting and insights from events and hospitality to enable our marketing effectiveness processes and suggest ideas for improvements to both event design and the development process.
Leadership & Management
This role will report to the Events & Hospitality Manager. The individual will work alongside Events & Hospitality Assistant Managers and an Executive, colleagues across Campaign Management and the Marketing Business Partners.
•Event project management experience (live, virtual and hybrid).
•Experience of working on end-to-end events and hospitality.
•Previous experience of working with third parties and the creative briefing process.
•Experience of negotiating with third parties.
•Experience of engaging business stakeholders.
•Familiarity of using brand visual identity toolkits and guidelines.
•Track record of event delivery essential and experience of B2B event and hospitality management desirable.
•Able to apply risk and compliance processes effectively.
•Familiar with management and role of data in event and hospitality programmes and able to produce event reports and apply client insights where relevant.
•Good experience with event platforms and tools.
Core behavioural competencies
You will be at the heart of the delivery of world-class marketing for KPMG in the UK, able to effectively drive change through a complex matrix organisation and successfully work within the team.
•Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects in a complex and matrix environment.
•Excellent attention to detail and a commitment to developing high quality work.
•Proactive and able to identify potential future issues or challenges and propose solutions.
•Balance the need for creativity and innovation with the consistent application of our business processes and risk management policies.
•Enjoy an agile and flexible work environment with an ability to work with different teams, business areas and campaign types on an ongoing basis.
•You will have excellent interpersonal skills, be a good communicator and embrace collaboration.
•You will be able understand the commercial drivers for the business and identify how the events/hospitality activity is tasked to support these.
•You will be a capable and creative verbal and written communicator, able to present well to colleagues across both marketing and business teams.
You will be a good relationship-builder, creating useful networks internally and externally, and proactively use these contacts to resolve conflicts or challenges.
Expertise/ Technical role requirements
•Proven track record of events and hospitality management at Assistant Manager level within a professional services environment.
•BA university degree or equivalent work experience.
•Highly proficient in all MS Office packages.
•Knowledge of CRM and marketing campaign systems.
•Readiness to work unsocial hours, including evenings and weekends, ability to stay away from home as the role requires.
•Good understanding of project management techniques for events and hospitality (live, virtual, hybrid).
•Development, forecasting and report of campaign budgets.
•Good creative skills including reviewing copy and visual/image selection.
•You will also be able to offer constructive commentary on some of the firm’s key event and hospitality programmes as viewed from the public domain and offer suggestions as to how we might improve their impact.
The Senior Solution Architect role will lead delivery of our Finance Microsoft Dynamics 365 solution on large complex programmes or portfolio, drive deep technical and functional leadership within the practice to deliver quality, client-centric solutions. Provides deep industry expertise to build and cultivate strong business relationships at a senior level. Champion’s innovation both within the firm and with clients, sharing Thought Leadership within the practice across the relevant Industry specialism. Collaborating with the Global team to enhance the out of the box Dynamics functionality, living KPMG a unique selling point and also aresalable asset. Takes a leading role in identifying development needs of
team members and provides coaching, mentoring or stretch assignments to support individuals achieve their full potential as well as promoting collaboration across team.
- Leads delivery of our Finance Microsoft Dynamics 365 solution on large, complex programmes or portfolios, through the management of a team of professionals and possibly with the contribution of cross-functional/team specialists
- Effectively manages commercial and contractual aspects of an engagement to achieve expected levels of quality and profitability
- Executes projects to a level that meet member firm’s quality standards within a commercial context.
- Manages scope and delivers timely and quality deliverables
- Provides inputs/takes a lead in the creation of innovative and repeatable solutions that strengthen business performance and differentiate KPMG from our competition.
- Responsible for ensuring our pre-sales engagements are delivered with the same rigour and attention to detail as our client engagements.
- Identify business/project risk and mitigates as necessary, does not undertake work that does not fit with firm capabilities or Risk Management criteria
- Deliver all consultancy according to the KPMG Methodology, ensuring that all software applications are implemented successfully according to the project plan
- Holds review on completion of projects to identify lessons learned and enhance future quality and commercial planning
- Works on CPD to maintain professional status/accreditation and keeping up to date with technical developments.
- Role models Firm values and behaviours, actively promoting and supporting inclusive collaboration within the Practice
- Demonstrates the ability to drive change through motivating and influencing team members.
Knowledge & Skills (including Qualifications)
- Deep and broad knowledge of technical capabilities of Dynamics 365, including appropriate certification is essential.
- Must also be able to show good knowledge of practices for Dynamics 365.
- Deep knowledge of all core Finance concepts and processes including, Enterprise Structures, GL, AP, AR and reporting
- Good understanding of Azure and cloud technologies
- Broad understanding of software development lifecycle
- In addition, specialism in one Industry or sector is essential
- Understanding of one of the following is beneficial;- Manufacturing
- Human Resources
- Project Management and Accounting
- Procurement & Sourcing
- Trading & Logistics
- Knowledge of best practices for working with offshore tams
- Experience in Agile Methodology
- Certification in TOGAF or Zachman Framework would be beneficial
- Degree qualification
Experience and Background:
- Expertise in providing both out of the box and development solutions in a Microsoft Dynamics 365 environment
- Extensive experience as an ERP consultant, ability to lead engagements and present to the C-Suite stakeholders ·
- Experience with Dynamics 365 in a Solution Architect role
- Experience of large scale ERP implementations – Business requirement analysis with a focus on reducing development effort and simplifying delivery
- Pre-sales experience
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills
- Business process mapping, modelling and documentation knowledge
- Experience of mentoring junior and offshore staff
KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
The Financial Services Customer and Operations advisory team in KPMG is at the heart of delivering innovative and large scale customer-centric digital transformation programmes across all Financial Services industry segments to help our Banking, Insurance and/or Wealth & Asset Management clients reinvent their businesses for the digital age.
The primary objective of this role is the fulfilment of our Customer advisory client engagements in the Banking, Insurance and Wealth & Asset Management sectors. We are looking for a blend of banking industry experience with excellent customer and digital transformation experience to help us deliver new world-class digital capabilities to some of the world’s most successful Banks.
Our programmes run deep inside businesses. We enable the development of innovative new products and services and help our clients transform into omni-channel, customer-centric, cost-efficient businesses. Successful candidates will work collaboratively with internal and external teams and co-design solutions from across broader KPMG and KPMG Advisory. Leading and supporting business development activity, building strong relationships with our clients and bid management also forms part of this role.
As an integral part of the broader Customer advisory team in the UK, this role resides within the Financial Services sector where the successful candidate is expected to help deliver the following:
- Responsibility for helping to deliver Customer Experience and Digital transformation programmes, featuring Data and technology solutions for Banking, Insurance and Wealth & Asset Management sectors.
- Experience in planning, managing and executing the delivery of engagements, including overseeing the writing of delivery of new digital solutions and platforms and the review and quality assurance of work projects.
- People development: working in large, often multi-disciplinary teams, identifying team member development needs and accelerating development, coaching and skills transfer.
- Practice development and asset development: working within the team to help build out assets and skills in Customer Experience and digital consulting that are key to scaling the business - the role may involve international collaboration to build new Customer Experience and Digital offerings and assets.
- Business development: Supporting the development of relationships both internally and with client management; including leading Customer business development activity (including developing, contributing to and presenting proposals/ bids for future work), working alongside colleagues with Operational transformation skills.
- Risk management: identifying and managing risks, engagement assurance and commercial risk management and ensuring the Firm's frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively.
The base location is flexible and can be any of KPMG’s UK offices. Travel within the UK is however an essential part of the role due to the nature of the projects.
Ideally coming from either an FS organisation or a leading transformation consulting background such as: a consulting firm, SI house, progressive digital agency, technology innovator or top end boutique provider, the candidate must have some or all of the following recent and relevant experience:
a)Working in Customer led FS transformation including Customer Experience design
b)Functional experience in Microsoft /Salesforce CRM solutions
c)Experience of agile digital delivery projects
d)Multi-channel customer experience journey mapping and service design
e)Agile working, scrum methods & SAFe framework within an FS environment
f)Knowledge of Banking sales and service process transformation
g)Digital innovation (e.g. cognitive, Fintech innovation and partnering)
h)Process re-engineering, preferably Lean/Six Sigma experience
KPMG's Infrastructure and Government (I&G) strategy team wants the right candidate for their London-based team. The team needs professional, talented individuals who have a passion for identifying, creating and delivering innovative solutions for public and private sector clients.
The I&G Strategic Advisory Services (SAS) team works with government and industry on the biggest, most complex and pressing strategic, policy and programme implementation issues.
We are looking for someone with experience in the Future Mobility sector to focus on this growing area of our work. We define Future Mobility as the de-carbonisation, digitalisation, and personalisation of transport through electric and alternate drivetrains, connected and autonomous vehicles, and Mobility-as-a-Service. The resultant ‘perfect storm’ is impacting automotive, supply chain, energy, technology, infrastructure, funds, transport operators, regional authorities and Government. Things are changing faster than expected driven by rapid developments in technology, regulation, competition and consumer behaviour. Over the next 5 to 12 years the organisations that we work with will require significant advisory support: multi £m transformations,multi £m deals, customer and industry 4.0 advice, strategic roadmap development and portfolio delivery. KPMG is establishing itself at the forefront of this change, creating new relationships and unlocking significant benefits for transport systems and society. Depending on the flow of work within the team you may also be required to work in other I&G sectors.
As part of a fast paced and dynamic group, practitioners will have the opportunity to advise on strategic options, business cases and operating models to public sector, agency and corporate clients.
Typically the advice we provide can be categorised as:
– Regulatory and Policy Strategy & Design (including Trend analysis and “Futures” scenario development, Futures Impact Assessments, and Policy development)
– Business & Digital Strategy and Service Design (including. Corporate & Business strategy development, Market analysis, Product capability assessment and development roadmaps)
– Portfolio Investment Strategy & Management (including Project appraisal, Business case development (all levels inc. Green Book), Funding strategies (commercialisation / partnerships (inc. PPP’s))
– Commercial Strategy and Complex Delivery Vehicle Design (including Market development & evaluation, Commercial strategies and scheme design (inc. SPVs), Commercial scheme development (inc. complex bi- and multi-lateral negotiations))
– Innovation Strategy & Delivery (including. Innovation Strategy development
– Proof of Concept, Pilot & MVP development, Scaling strategy and implementation planning); and,
– Operating Model development and Delivery roadmap design
It is an exciting time to join our team as we are growing rapidly and working on some fascinating public issues – including: the rise of autonomous vehicles, growing regional trade, and the future of the probation service. The team blends this with support to the largest infrastructure operators and infrastructure programmes in the UK.
To be an effective Associate Director within the team, applicants will be expected to:
– Lead the design of standard / complex engagements
– Present and refine business models and data analysis solutions through discussions with management
– Lead complex storyboarding and shape the issue identification and overall problem solving approach to develop recommendations
– Finalise the preparation of client deliverables and identify the critical areas for debate
– Maintain a balanced pipeline of engagements and business development opportunities which align with the team business plan
– Actively develop their own knowledge and expertise in chosen proposition(s) and sector of choice
– Proactively develop thought leadership related to the future of mobility
– Identify on-sell / cross-sell opportunities
– Be comfortable handling ambiguity and changing client demands
– Complete and take responsibility for KPMG’s ‘Engagement Management’ procedures on all engagements
– Build and maintain a strong internal and external network
– Demonstrate high levels of drive, ambition, and able to lead work at high levels of intensity
– Be comfortable having a visible market presence, attending conferences to represent KPMG, network, identify leads, and further KPMG’s reputation in the industry
– Contribute to service line development for Future Mobility Services delivered by SAS
– Participate in team governance activities
– Contribute to the personal development of team members
Most project work is undertaken in engagement specific, multidisciplinary teams drawn from across KPMG. As such, appreciating and managing management responsibilities and reporting lines, which change over time, is critical.
An Associate Director would be expected to:
– Build deep client relationships and be seen as the ‘go to’ person and a trusted adviser by C-level executives.
– Undertake scoping and fee negotiation on standard engagements
– Proactively manage upwards communication with the Partner and Director group
— Considerable experience of leading complex strategy projects, in relevant sectors, with multi-disciplinary teams in a consulting or corporate environment (a strategy house, big 4 firm or central strategy / corporate development team of a large company)
— Track record of working closely with Government/Infrastructure clients to deliver high impact recommendations and having a detailed understanding of the value drivers within the relevant sectors
— Experience of managing or supporting high value business development activities with senior public and private sector stakeholders
— Examples illustrating their collaborative and transparent team approach, readily sharing knowledge with the team, working through silos and respectful of others’ views and opinions
— Current UK security clearance to SC or above
Expertise and Skills
— Excellent English written and oral communication skills
— Strong numerical capabilities combined with sound commercial acumen
— Evidence of strong problem-solving and analytical capabilities
— Ability to review and assess large volumes of technical data and distil the key strategic insights
— Ability to evaluate complex challenges and deliver insightful recommendations that can be practically executed
— Able to adapt quickly in changing circumstances, be an active learner and build innovative solutions
We are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.