I'm looking for
Search results for "Corporate Affairs"
Associate Director - Corporate Decarbonisation
Service Line: Transaction Services
Corporate Communications Manager – Tax, KPMG Law and the South region
Service Line: Corporate Affairs
Manager - Corporate Tax Advisory - Nottingham
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
Group & Corporate Accounting Assistant Manager
Service Line: Finance
Associate Director - Corporate Finance - Valuations
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Tax Manager - GCT - Tax Technical, Corporate Accounting
Service Line: Global Comp and Trans
Climate Risk & Decarbonisation Strategy
The Climate Risk and Decarbonisation Strategy Team (CR&DS) leads KPMG's work on the climate topic, including around climate risk and decarbonisation strategy. As a fast-growing team focused on one of the defining issues of our time and directly supported by KPMG's UK Board, we present an exciting opportunity to potential hires, both in terms of professional opportunity and potential for real-world impact.
Our team has been formed to help clients across corporates and financial services respond to the immense, systemic challenges posed by climate change. Amongst other activities, we help clients to identify and quantify climate risks and opportunities faced by their businesses to meet regulatory, investor and stakeholder demands; analyse and assess the range of mitigation and adaptation strategies available to address climate risks (including the adoption of net zero strategies, carbon market participation and transition planning); ensure business are positioned to capture the opportunity from climate change; implement the strategies; and, finally, embed the risk, strategy, targets and governance into financial reporting, helping to pave the way to a low carbon economy.
Our vision is for the Boards of all companies to consider climate change as a key part of their Enterprise Risk Management and business strategy. The team has received extremely positive feedback from clients and is currently working with a number of FTSE100 and Fortune500 clients, playing a key role in KPMG's goal of delivering £140m of profit with purpose by 2025.
We are looking for hires who are passionate about climate change, regard this as a systemic issue and who can fit in well to a dynamic, enthusiastic and highly capable team. If this is sounds like you, please get in touch!
Roles & Responsibilities
Key responsibilities of the role include managing and actively originating Climate Risk and Decarbonisation Strategy engagements by:
• Helping lead business development initiatives including targeting key C-Suite level individuals, proposing KPMG's services and closing opportunities
• Acting as the primary team interface with various levels of client executives up to and including C-Suite Level
• Managing the delivery of project deliverables and advising persuasively, earning the position of a trusted advisor
• Developing the team culture and inspiring and empowering team members to be the best
• Participating in the professional development of KPMG Climate Risk and Decarbonisation team members and assist with the recruiting and training of new staff
• Any other duties commensurate with the role.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Significant strategy experience
• Deep understanding of the climate challenge and drivers for decarbonisation
• Proven track record working with corporates
• Proven track record leading and managing teams, including:
o Ability to structure complex work programmes
o Ability to operate in the detail and to understand the big picture
o Experience in developing more junior colleagues
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
• Ability to build and nurture trusting relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, including senior client decision makers
• Collaborative outlook and team player
Please send your CV with a brief cover letter explaining:
1. Why you want to work in Climate Risk & Decarbonisation Strategy
2. The skills you would bring to the team and why you think they are important for the team to have
3. Anything else you think is relevant to your application
An exciting opportunity has come up within KPMG UK’s Media Relations Team to undertake a Corporate Communications Manager role leading the firm’s PR for Tax and KPMG Law, as well as the PR and internal communications for the South region.
The role will be based in Bristol or Reading, however we are very flexible on location and support hybrid working.
We are looking for an individual who is proactive, loves news and thrives on developing impactful, UK wide PR on tax and legal issues, which connects with relevant audiences. It is a busy and newsworthy beat.
Working with national and trade media, your PR could be responding to the Chancellor’s Budget or delivering proactive media mapped against the team’s commercial strategy to support growth.
You will work closely with the global marketing and communications teams to identify joint opportunities, for example through the promotion of reports and other marketing activities.
You will also be adept at responding to media interest in our business and be confident to gather the facts and respond within tight deadlines.
For the South region aspect of the role, we are looking for someone who can generate proactive PR targeted at relevant audiences via regional media outlets, alongside supporting local leadership teams with their internal communications and social media campaigns, including the development of blogs for channels including LinkedIn.
The successful candidate will work closely with our Regional Chair, Office Senior Partners and wider comms team to build KPMG’s voice in the South on the issues that matter to organisations large and small across our regional economies, ranging from growth, devolution, productivity, M&A, tax, talent and technology. This will involve both generating your own press materials, being adept at responding to journalist queries and localising materials produced by other PRs in the team to use in your region. Once restrictions ease, the ambition would be for you to be out and about visiting offices in your region.
You will also have solid experience of internal communication and driving employee engagement and brand advocacy and combine the ability to give sound strategic communication advice to internal clients with the knowledge and enthusiasm for delivering the tactics.
Experience and Skills Required
The successful individual will:
- have proven experience in tax and/or legal PR would be desirable.
- have proven cross communications experience, including internal
- be a trusted advisor to senior stakeholders, and provide both proactive and reactive media relations advice and strategic counsel covering long-term profile-raising needs
- thrive on creating impactful media PR linked to a long-term commercial strategy
- have the ability to respond quickly to reactive press queries and juggle multiple issues without missing deadlines
- have strong journalist relationships
- understand the value of reporting, monitoring and analysing press coverage to plan for future activity
- have managed and worked alongside agencies, industry bodies and other third-parties
- be adept at creating opportunities out of third-party activity and identifying proactive media relations activities
- support the planning and execution of leadership events and communication that increase leaders’ engagement and improve two-way interaction between leaders, managers and staff
- collate, share and act upon feedback from staff and specific internal communication measurement to inform and improve future activity
- be confident to escalate issues to senior members of the team as required
Expected skills and behaviours
- understanding of the wider business environment, political landscape and the impact actions can have on client relationships
- evidence of an ability to spot issues-led media opportunities ahead of time
- ability to produce rapid reaction statements in response to media enquiries
- ability to work hand-in-hand with other parts of the KPMG business to deliver campaigns, including marketing, public affairs, digital, strategic and internal communications.
- comfort advising senior stakeholders with often competing demands
- willingness to innovate
- adherence to KPMG’s values.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a confident outward facing skillset willing to invest time and effort in the marketplace.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Working as a member of the client service team to provide corporate tax compliance and advisory services including:
Reviewing corporation tax computations and managing the compliance process, including liaising with our dedicated Tax Centre of Excellence
Providing tax advisory services to a variety of clients and managing the successful delivery of commercially viable and technically excellent advice involving tax due diligence, structuring, international and other advisory work
Liaising with specialists in Indirect Tax, People Services, Stamp Taxes and overseas KPMG offices to manage their input into tax advisory projects
Running client service teams, including working closely with other areas of the firm, such as audit and transaction services to ensure a seamless delivery of services to our clients
Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and identifying leads for new work
Ensuring that clients are kept up to date on developments within the corporate tax world that may affect their businesses
Helping to prepare proposals for new work, including researching target and client companies and on technical issues to identify new solutions / products
Seeking out and pursuing business development opportunities with clients and targets and participating with Senior Managers / Directors / Partners in business development activities
Keeping internal control records up to date and ensuring compliance with quality control procedures
Dealing with client billing
Coaching and developing junior members of staff
Qualifications and Skills:
Strong educational background (preferably 2:1 or higher University degree)
ACA, CA, CTA, ACCA or equivalent qualified with strong corporate tax and accounting knowledge
Experience and Background:
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (internally and externally) and be a team player
Sound judgement, including the ability to identify and evaluate risk issues and know when to involve others
Strong interpersonal skills are required in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
Ability to multi-task
High level of drive and enthusiasm with a positive attitude
Ability and willingness to keep up to date technically
Inquisitive with attention to detail
Practical approach to problem solving
To support in delivery of the quarterly consolidation on a financial reporting basis, be responsible for financial accounting and reporting of certain KPMG UK entities, including overseas reporting where relevant and provide support for the external audit, both in the UK and overseas.
- Review of underlying input data for consolidation, for both core UK entities and overseas.
- Liaise with overseas operations as required for supplementary information and support.
- Calculation and preparation of consolidation journals required on a quarterly basis.
UK legal entities
- Preparation and review of quarterly trial balances including the preparation or collation and review of all balance sheet reconciliations, to ensure mis-postings are identified and resolved quickly.
- Liaise with relevant KBS departments to solve queries and problems as they arise.
- Preparation of financial statements for legal entities, including all supporting documents for year end audit.
UK and overseas audits
- Support and co-ordination of external audit requirements as required, liaising with KBS and other KPMG teams to collate full and comprehensive responses to queries.
- Preparation of ad-hoc reporting required for new overseas working as and when they arise, co-ordinating all aspects of reporting and overseas audit.Other
- Coaching and managing team E grades to assist in delivery of consolidation and entity reporting and audit.
- Assisting in other ad hoc projects, including technical review, as required.
- Qualified accountant or working towards an accounting qualification, with a strong understanding of financial reporting conceptual framework and good understanding of International Financial Reporting standards (IFRS).
- Experience with SAP is preferred.
- Good Microsoft Office skills essential. Aptitude for working with data.
- Good communication skills – the ability to communicate with all levels of staff and partners and act appropriately on requests.
- Proactive thinking but also willing to learn and work as part of a team.
- Good organisational skills – ability to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Attention to detail and respect for confidential information.
The Valuation team is seeking an experienced valuations specialist at Associate Director level. The team advises on valuation matters across different deal stages and supporting a wide range of UK and multinational clients in relation to transaction pricing, fund reporting, fairness opinions, expert witness service, and financial reporting (including purchase price allocations). We also operate across multiple sectors, and we welcome applications both from individuals with specific sector experience, as well as those with experience of working across a range of sectors. The team prides itself on its diversity and collaboration, striving to provide every team member with the tools and support they need to achieve their best.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
- Lead projects (with support from Director/ Partner) including being a senior point of contact with clients on the project
- Actively managing client interaction, taking responsibility for day to day project management, and overall delivery of engagements
- Using own initiative and sound judgement to identify key issues and client needs, developing suggested solutions, escalating and consulting with other team members as required
- Ensuring adherence to all compliance and regulatory rules
- Taking ownership and responsibility for delivering comprehensive written reports tailored to clients’ specific needs and requirements on the project, supervising and reviewing financial analysis and report drafting carried out by team members
- Build and develop strong relationships both internally and externally
- Lead on origination and business development initiatives
- Build external/internal market profile and become recognised as a sector/sub-sector expert
- Set, monitor and control project budgets, billing and other reporting requirements
- Effective management, coaching and mentoring of junior staff
- Contribute to the wider success and development of the team as champion for team initiatives
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- ACA or equivalent qualification
- Significant valuation experience, ideally gained in a professional services commercial valuations environment
- In-depth understanding of a range of valuation methodologies including discounted cash flow and capitalised earnings methods
- Strong quantitative and Excel skills
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to deliver high quality presentations and analysis
- Strongly rated self-starter who demonstrates initiative, confidence and solid influencing skills
- Proven track record of building and maintaining lasting internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Strong project management skills and demonstrable ability to deliver high quality work
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Desire and ability to contribute to and lead business development activities
- Exceptional people skills and proven ability to mentor and develop more junior colleagues
At KPMG we have re-imagined careers in Global Compliance & Transformation (GCT). It is an exciting key area of growth within the firm which works with clients to manage their tax (Corporate and Indirect) and statutory obligations across their business services. Our services are provided to a broad range of clients across all sectors, from the largest FTSEs to mid-market companies. Our work includes Management Services, Audit and Accounting Related Tax Services, Tax Transformation, Governance and Process Improvement, Outsourcing and Business Technology, as well as other exciting priority areas for our clients.
The Tax Technical team is a critical enabler to all tax activities within GCT and provides expertise into KPMG’s complex tax audits. Audit quality is of paramount importance and to do this efficiently, we maintain a dedicated and enthusiastic team of tax specialists. We are also the engine room of the tax reporting, compliance, governance and low-level advisory work undertaken by the wider GCT team – servicing large domestic compliance clients as well as our Global Compliance clients.
We are winning new clients and are growing our team as a result of these successes. This is an exciting time to be part of the GCT Tax Technical team at KPMG. We are looking for talented Managers to join us in Canada Square, London.
We are offering full time roles with flexible working arrangements which include, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days, home working etc. We would be happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest.
• Builds and develops positive constructive relationships inside and outside KPMG;
• Manages tax technical input on a mix of listed and non-listed multinational groups including involvement in the audit of tax in financial statements;
• Supporting clients with their group/statutory Tax Reporting needs;
• Provide advice to clients on GAAP conversion projects;
• Provide technical input to tax accounting project work;
• Manage the delivery of corporate tax compliance engagements and helping to lead compliance outsourcing contracts;
• Provide advice to clients on the tax and tax accounting implications of new legislation;
• Responding to client requests for ad hoc technical advice;
• Supporting on sales activities by working with more senior members of the team to generate additional work opportunities for both existing clients and targets; supporting proposals and propositions across functions, sectors and accounts;
• Coaching, career management and technical support for other team members;
• Follow KPMG best practice and policy;
Qualifications and Skills:
We welcome applications from those qualified with ICAEW / ICAS / ATT / CTA or equivalent qualifications.
Experience and Background
• Strong working knowledge and experience of corporate tax legislation and its application;
• Knowledge of tax accounting is an advantage but not essential
• Demonstrates curiosity and open mindedness to new ideas approaches and perspectives;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with strong oral and written communication skills;
• Communicating with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear;
• Awareness of technology and automation to drive efficiency, risk management and value;
• Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work. Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work;