I'm looking for
Search results for "Corporate Affairs"
M&A Tax Assistant Managers - Financial Services
Service Line: DA Tax
Service Line: Audit
Audit Manager - Leeds
Service Line: Audit
Return to Audit Programme - Intelligent Working
Service Line: Audit
Accounting and Advisory Assistant Managers - Manchester
Service Line: Audit
Military Leavers' Programme
Service Line: Test
This role will specialise in advising on M&A within the FS (Banking, Asset Management, Insurance and FinTechs) division.
This role involves working on a range of projects and clients. The work includes:
•Providing tax structuring and tax due diligence advice on a wide range of transactions
•Co-ordinating the advice provided by other overseas KPMG teams and other tax skillsets
•Working closely with colleagues in Transaction Services
•Developing client relationships clients and the KPMG teams (TS, tax specialist and overseas teams)
•Assisting with carrying out detailed technical research
•Understanding the client's business and helping to identify areas for the provision of tax and other services (management incentives, VAT, TP)
•Being involved in business development activity
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required.
•Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent
•Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
•Good UK corporate tax knowledge and an awareness of other tax and accounting areas
•M&A tax experience
•Strong report writing and project management skills in relation to M&A tax work
•High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
•Ability to work as part of a team and to show initiative to drive projects forward
•Task management skills
•Ability to build client relationships.
•Ability to develop as a coach and lead staff
Multiple positions available
Opening date 17/03/2020
Closing date 14/04/2020
Competitive salary plus benefits
As one of the UK firm's largest regional teams, KPMG's Reading office employs more than 400 professionals who work with companies across the Thames Valley. Our office is located conveniently just off junction 12 of the M4 and offers parking for staff. It is also a short walk from Theale train station.
KPMG Reading has a strong reputation for supporting Thames Valley’s thriving information technology and communications businesses. We also have a large pensions’ advisory capability and one of the largest expatriate advisory practices outside London.
By combining deep sector knowledge with innovative technology, we bring fresh thinking and practical approaches. Our specialist teams in audit, tax and advisory work together to help our clients achieve their goals, including growth strategy, people strategy, cyber security, digital transformation and technology solutions.
We are currently looking to recruit Audit Manager who will be based in the Reading office.
This will include:
- To manage engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
- Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KPMG and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
- Direct, coach and mentor between 4 and 8 audit staff in a performance manager role taking responsibility for overseeing their portfolio, business and personal issues and delivering feedback throughout the year
- Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
- Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
- Assist the Director and Senior Manager (where applicable) in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
- Preparation of reports to senior management and Audit Committees
There will be opportunity and encouragement for additional responsibilities outside this day to day role, such as working on tenders for potential new clients and assisting with training courses for in-charges and audit assistants.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing - you will be able to deepen your understanding of consolidations, group audit and review of statutory accounts and disclosures
- Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation
- Project management techniques; this role will test and develop your expertise in decision-making, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
- Time and exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or country equivalent
- Recent experience as Manager in an external audit capacity, working with large, mixed sector corporate clients.
- Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK standards
Opening date: 18th March 2020
Closing date: 16th April 2020
Salary: Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits
We are looking for a qualified accountant currently at Audit Manager Level to join the audit practice in our Leeds office, with proven experience in delivering audits to a variety of clients in the corporate sector.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Owning a portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process.
• Managing engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KAM requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
• Overseeing and directing the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KAM and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
• Directing, coaching and mentoring Assistant Managers to assist them in the effective delivery of engagements and the direction of their subordinates ensuring cost effective, timely completion and effective service delivery to the required standard on each engagement
• Nurturing and seeking worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
• Contributing towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
• Assisting the Partner in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
• Preparation of reports to senior management and audit committees
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
• Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or international equivalent
• External audit experience at Manager level within a 'Big 4’ or mid-tier firm
• Sound working knowledge of IFRS or UK GAAP
• Well-developed team management and supervisory skills and the ability to motivate a team and effectively
• Ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different levels of seniority
• Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, prioritisation, organisation and evaluative skills
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Opening date: 13/03/2020
Closing date: 09/04/2020
Competitive salary plus negotiable bonus and benefits
Return to Audit – as flexible as your life needs you to be
We know the corporate world can sometimes feel like you are expected to be just like everybody else – however you are an individual and we like that.
Our Audit business has designed a return to work programme to target qualified audit professionals who are looking for flexibility; ensuring that they can balance their commitments at home with a return to work. This includes people who may have taken time out and are now looking for opportunities to combine a rewarding career in a supportive working environment.
What is on offer?
Return to Audit will support individuals in roles that are structured around flexible hours and remote working, with a focus on bridging the skills gap and building confidence to return to the workplace environment. All the roles are internally focused, across the UK and based at KPMG offices with the six week school holidays built in as leave. The roles will be within our Audit Centre of Excellence IT Audit and Front Line Audit teams. They cover an array of capabilities and skills ranging from technical audit expertise to project management.
The roles broadly fall into two categories - you can either have:
1. Flexible working for 3 or 4 days per week, with one of those days working at home; or
2. Reduced hours working a shorter day from 9:30am to 2:30pm.
The roles will be a fixed term annualised days’ contract of one year with an initial month of full time training, and with a second month of training and work shadowing until you are fully comfortable. After the contract expires, candidates will be able to apply for permanent positions, depending on the success of their time at KPMG.
At the heart of the programme is a structured induction programme aimed at getting you up to speed with the latest industry developments, refreshing technical skills and becoming integrated into our professional services environment. You will receive ongoing support in the form of a working mentor and a buddy. The development opportunities won’t end once the induction is finished. You will enter an ongoing training path with check-in points to evaluate progress against goals and determine additional training needs.
Who we are looking for?
- Candidates with ACCA/ACA or equivalent qualification
- Candidates must have demonstrable experience working in Audit in the last six years
- For those looking for roles specifically in IT Audit a degree/masters qualification in IT/business and a recognised accounting and/or auditing (e.g. CISA, ACA, CIMA) qualification would also be desirable.
- Candidates will have a passion for returning to Audit working alongside our teams to deliver quality results for our clients
- Candidates will be assessed on an individual basis, looking at prior audit experience and qualifications
We aim to attract exceptional people from diverse backgrounds who can deliver real results for our clients and drive the firm forward. If this is you and you are looking for a more flexible approach to work that can fit around your lifestyle or commitments at home, then please complete the application. We want to hear from you!
You will work as a key member of the growing Accounting Advisory Services team based in Manchester of which provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range of areas. Projects focus on the application of technical accounting – in particular accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, preparation of financial statements or carve out accounts, merger and acquisition activity, implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training – often working as part of cross-functional teams including Transaction Services, Corporate Finance, Audit and Tax.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants in our Manchester office to continue to extend the depth and breadth of our accounting based services in the areas listed above and beyond. The daily tasks will include:
•Providing robust accounting advice and financial analysis to support the client’s accounting and financial functions and responsibilities.
•Providing accounting support to transaction and tax teams answering questions on technical issues and providing input for reports.
•Harnessing and analysing large amounts of data – some of which may be non-financial - in order to inform client decisions.
•Providing high quality input and supporting evidence of deliverables to demanding timescales.
•Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals.
•Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities, and general practice development.
•Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams.
•Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
•Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent).
•Strong technical accounting experience with IFRS and UK GAAP.
•Experience with recent developments in accounting, in particular with IFRSs 9, 15 and 16.
•Proven ability to build strong client and colleague relationships.
•Enquiring mind, willingness to learn and try new things.
•Demonstrated analytical ability and attention to detail.
•Problem solving attitude.
•Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Multiple positions available
Opening date 02/03/2020
Closing date 30/03/2020
Competitive salary plus benefits
What is the MLP?
- This is typically a six month, competitively paid Fixed Term Contract (FTC) to fulfil a pre-existing vacancy in the Firm; therefore, applicants may be competing against internal and external candidates (in addition to other military leavers).
- Following the six month FTC, there is often the opportunity to extend, go permanent in that role or move internally.
- Roles are in both internal and client facing areas of the business.
- We do not have quotas or intake dates - roles are based on demand.
- There is a range of roles across the business; from internal operations and project management to client facing and people lead positions.
- New joiners will be allocated a ‘buddy’ from the Forces in the Firm (FitF) Network who has been through the MLP themselves.
- Inception. The Programme is run as part of the Forces in the Firm (FitF) Network and designed to enable the Firm to attract, recruit and retain high calibre individuals leaving the Armed Forces. Rather than having formal intakes, the Programme aims to pair individuals with vacant roles that already exist in the business.
- Eligibility. All ranks, from all three services, who are in the process of resettlement or have recently left and have not undertaken any other paid work prior to joining KPMG.
- Purpose. The Programme is of two-way benefit: Service Leavers demonstrate their ability to deliver and add value to the Firm through their skills and military experience, whilst the initial FTC offers invaluable insight in a corporate environment for the individual.
- Success. As of Nov 2019, we have added 100+ Service Leavers to KPMG’s ranks, landing roles in all corners of the business, both client-facing and internal. To date, it has a near 100% conversion rate onto permanent contracts.
MLP – what is expected from the candidate?
- Deliver. The Programme’s reputation has been built on the success of its members. You won’t be expected to know everything right away, but make sure you focus on delivering in your role and if you’re ever unsure, members of Forces in the Firm (FitF) will always be happy to help. You will need to demonstrate value-add during your FTC.
- Develop. There are a range of opportunities for you to pursue personal and professional development – use this time to expand your knowledge and skillset with online learning tools, webinars and knowledge shares held in KPMG offices.
- Network. You are encouraged to use the Programme as a platform to research and explore the wider business. FitF is a fantastic network for you to meet a range of people who can give advice.
- Succeed. Military Leavers have a strong reputation in KPMG and your team are willing you to succeed - your skillset and experience is in demand. Build your brand and promote yourself – seize the opportunity to impress.
We aim to attract exceptional people from diverse backgrounds who can deliver real results for our clients and drive the firm forward. If you are looking for your first opportunity after leaving the military and this sounds like the right path for you, then please follow the instructions to complete the application.