I'm looking for
Search results for "Corporate Tax Services"
Corporate Tax Manager - Reading
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
Corporate Tax - Manager - Leeds
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
Manager - Corporate Legal Services - London
Service Line: Legal Services
Corporate Tax – Assistant Manager – Financial Services
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
Corporate Tax Assistant Manager – Financial Services
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
KPMG's Tax practice is a dynamic and successful area of our business. A constantly changing and increasingly high-profile field, Tax can offer a surprisingly broad range of quality career paths to ambitious people.
Our Corporate Tax department is a fast growing part of our Tax practice with a diverse client base of multinational firms, SMEs and private businesses from a number of different industries and sectors such as Retail, Telecommunication and energy.
Working in our successful Corporate Tax department will give you the opportunity to develop relationships with clients as you help manage the amount of corporation tax they need to pay. This involves working with clients to produce complex tax computations and returns for HM Revenue & Customs, giving advice on corporate planning projects.
We are currently looking to recruit Managers to be based out of our Corporate Tax Advisory team in Reading. Our Reading office is moving into a new building (Forbury Place) in the centre of Reading in December 2019. The successful individuals will work as crucial members of the client service team to provide corporate tax advisory services. The role will involve travel to client sites and to other regional offices across the South region and therefore, willingness to travel is essential.
The successful tax candidates will be self-starting with a confident outward facing skillset willing to invest time and effort in the marketplace.
The role involves a mix of tax advisory services, compliance management and business development. This will include:
• Managing client relationships and becoming the focal tax point of contact
• Understanding the client's business and identifying areas for the provision of tax and other services
• Managing the tax compliance process (delivered by our Tax Centre of Excellence)
• Driving the tax advice on a wide range of projects
• Managing teams and coaching and developing staff
• Ensuring all risk procedures are adhered to
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of UK corporate tax and an awareness of other tax and accounting areas. Large Corporate tax and/or international tax experience would be an advantage but is not a requirement
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
- High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
- Ability to work as part of a multifunctional team
- Strong task and team management skills
- Ability to build client relationships
- Good computational and excel skills
The KPMG North Regional tax team is a fast growing part of the KPMG tax practice and we are looking for a Manager with a proven track record who is seeking a dynamic and challenging working environment within a strong supportive leadership management team. The marketplace is diverse with a client base of UK listed, PE backed, inbound and family owned groups.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a confident outward facing skillset willing to invest time and effort in the marketplace. The role will be based from our Leeds Office.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Working as a member of the client service team to provide corporate tax advisory services including:
Providing tax advisory services to a variety of clients and overseeing the successful delivery of commercially viable and technically excellent advice involving tax due diligence, structuring, international and other advisory work
Liaising with specialists in other KPMG departments and overseas KPMG offices to oversee their input into tax advisory projects
Running client service teams, including working closely with other areas of the firm, such as audit and transaction services to ensure a seamless delivery of services to our clients
Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and understanding the client's business in order to identify areas for the provision of tax and other services
Ensuring that clients are kept up to date on developments within the corporate tax world that may affect their businesses
Managing proposals for new work, including delivering tender documents, presenting at client pitches and identifying new solutions / products for client issues
Seeking out and pursuing business development opportunities with clients and targets and actively participating with Senior Managers, Directors / Partners in business development activities
Coaching and developing junior members of staff
Qualifications and Skills:
Strong educational background (preferably 2:1 or higher University degree)
ACA, CA, CTA, ACCA or equivalent qualified with strong corporate tax and accounting knowledge
Experience and Background:
Ability to build teams and develop, coach and lead staff
Strong interpersonal skills are required in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
Is pro-active in identifying and progressing business opportunities for the long term benefit of both KPMG and the client
Ability to multi-task
High level of drive and enthusiasm with a positive attitude
Ability and willingness to keep up to date technically
Inquisitive with attention to detail
Practical approach to problem solving
The Legal Services Team sits within KPMG Tax. Its establishment flows naturally from KPMG’s long history of successfully delivering multidisciplinary services to clients. Its vision is to be the legal adviser of choice for KPMG’s clients when it comes to their people, corporate structures, internal arrangements, regulatory requirements and disputes with HMRC.
Core corporate, commercial and employment law teams, and a market leading tax litigation team, are already in place. Over the next few years, these teams will grow and Legal Services will expand into other areas of law that fit within its vision and the needs of KPMG’s clients.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Early Legal Input into Tax Advice – providing our clients with tax advice that has already been reviewed by lawyers
• Implementation of Tax Advice – providing our clients with a simple and cost-effective way of successfully implementing our tax advice
• Review and Rectification of Implementations – reviewing existing structures and helping clients preserve value by rectifying inadequate implementations and operation
• Unwinding Structures – unwinding defunct or unwanted structures
• Mergers & Acquisitions – primarily deal advice on both sides of a transaction including
Corporate law advice, guidance, implementation, regulatory and applicability.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
The applicant must be a corporate lawyer with a minimum of 3 years PQE
The applicant must demonstrate a experience in areas of UK law including structuring and reorganisations, mergers and acquisitions, private equity, joint ventures, funds, debt listings and intra-group
financing arrangements, corporate governance, commercial arrangements, share investments and/or the implementation of employee incentive arrangements.
The applicant must have a high level of technical knowledge with regards to UK corporate and contract law.
The applicant must be able to demonstrate his/her experience on transactions
The applicant must have good experience of coordinating the provision of advice and the production of complex and interrelated legal agreements and documentation by advisers in several
The successful applicant must have significant experience of working with demanding clients across a wide spectrum of size and activities, and will be expert at service delivery.
The applicant must have strong academic, technical, drafting skills.
Opening date 25/10/19
Closing date 25/11/19
Competitive salary plus negotiable bonus and benefits
We are looking for a consultant to provide tax advisory services to our clients in our busy Financial Services Corporate Tax team within the Manchester corporate tax department. We anticipate that the individual will provide corporate and international tax advice specific to our financial institution clients and support the team by building up technical knowledge in order to run a portfolio of clients with manager/senior manager support. In order to provide a broad exposure to financial services tax, the successful candidate would work across the following three specialisms:
• EU Funds Team
• Operational Taxes Team
• General Financial Services Corporate Tax team
Our clients within the Financial Services Corporate Tax Team include some of the largest financial institutions including investments funds, pension funds, challenger banks, building societies and life assurance companies in the UK. In addition we work with a number of US investment funds, Canadian funds and sovereign wealth funds.
This opportunity will provide the individual with an opportunity to gain experience of a number of financial institutions across a number of different territories offering exposure to the unique and complex tax issues faced by our clients. It will also provide an opportunity to quickly develop management skills and be involved in business development on those clients and also within the wider team across the UK.
The successful applicant will have responsibility for providing corporate and international tax advice to a wide range of financial institution clients. This work would include:
• Filing withholding tax reclaims on behalf of funds to recover withholding tax across various EU jurisdictions. Withholding tax and reporting analysis of cross border transactions, new product offerings and group structures
• Keeping up to date with various EU law to ensure clients are kept fully aware of implications on the various withholding tax reclaims filed by fund clients
• Liaise with overseas KPMG offices to prepare appeals where withholding tax reclaims are rejected and assist with potential litigation in overseas EU territories
• Review tax compliance position of funds to ensure filing obligations have been met
• Tax due diligence of private equity, alternative and infrastructure investments considered by funds and advise on the UK and overseas tax implications
• Being involved on tax advisory and planning work on their client portfolio and working with specialists to deliver expertise to the local market
• Forming a key part of the tax client service team on a number of our regional financial services clients (e.g. challenger banks, building societies) and working closely with other consultants and the managers/senior managers to ensure the client receives an excellent level of service.
• Helping to prepare first drafts of corporation tax advisory work for financial services clients and working with more senior members of the team to finalise the advice.
• Where appropriate, working alongside other members of the team in a tax audit role to ensure tax numbers in statutory accounts are robust and supportable and also preparing such numbers for non-audit clients.
• Helping develop the KPMG business proposition for the US Qualified Intermediary and the Automatic Exchange of Information requirements (FATCA and CRS) and operational taxes more broadly
• Drafting technical responses to clients on operational taxes questions. Assisting with operational tax advisory and compliance work for a portfolio of clients and working with other specialists to deliver expertise to the market
• Reviewing and advising on operational tax procedures and processes within large financial institutions
• Being the principal contact with smaller clients on day to day tax matters and working with senior managers and managers on larger clients
• Coaching and developing junior members of staff
• Assisting with business development work including attending client events and networking events.
• CTA, CA, ACA or ACCA or equivalently qualified
• A commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
• High level analytical skills
• History of developing strong client relationships
• Project co-ordination/management skills and the ability to identify and pursue business opportunities
• Strong inter-personal skills
• High level of drive and enthusiasm with a positive attitude
• Ability and willingness to keep up to date technically and a continuous desire to seek feedback and improve.
• Based in Manchester but will be required to travel in the UK from time to time and overseas if required
The Corporate Tax department in Manchester consists of circa 50 members. This is a dynamic team which manages the tax work for a mixed portfolio of fund clients, from UK financial institutions, UK investments funds, UK pension funds, challenger banks, building societies, UK life assurance companies, US investment funds, Canadian funds and sovereign wealth funds. The team works very closely with other functions in its market activity and there is a strong focus to encourage everyone to play a part in business development and providing support to technical specialists as and when needed (e.g. M&A, Indirect Tax, Property).
Financial Services Tax:
This dynamic and market leading team provides corporate tax services to Financial Services clients (Banking and Insurance) ranging from UK branches of overseas financial institutions, smaller owner managed businesses through to major listed international groups. We advise companies across the whole of the financial services industry including banks, securities dealers, general and life insurers, Lloyds insurers, insurance brokers, funds and fund managers.
The department often works as one Financial Services team and focuses on the provision of high quality commercial advice to our clients. Our approach has as its foundation a thorough understanding of our client's business strategy as well as the industry in which they operate. This enables us to work in partnership with them and to provide tailored and robust tax solutions to support their corporate goals. The work focuses on corporate tax advisory and M&A services, and includes building long-lasting client relationships and coordination of all tax services to clients. Opportunities are available either focusing on one area (Banking / Insurance or M&A) or working across the wide variety of clients to obtain broad financial services experience.
Location - London, Bristol or Edinburgh
Roles and Responsibilities
•Carrying out a variety of corporate tax advisory work, including some international and M&A work, and supporting compliance and audit teams where tax issues are more complex
•Efficient, effective and timely delivery of client work, usually in small teams
• Development and maintenance of good client relationships, including ongoing identification of leads for new work, and liaison with other members of the client service team outside tax
•Identification of work opportunities through an internal network of contacts
•Development of more junior staff in the team, through on-the job coaching
•Liaising with other colleagues in tax and elsewhere in the firm to provide a complete service to clients
•Working with senior team members on identifying and following through future work opportunities and cross-selling to other disciplines.
Qualifications and Skills
•CTA and/or ACA/CA or equivalent qualified
•A commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
•Strong analytical skills
•History of developing strong external and internal client relationships
•Project coordination/management skills
•The flexibility to adapt to the ever changing demands brought about by tax, regulatory and business changes.
•Strong UK Tax knowledge in any of the areas mentioned above and awareness of other tax and accounting areas.
•Tax accounting experience is preferable.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.