I'm looking for
Search results for "Customer Experience & Digital"
Tax Assistant Manager - Innovation, Reliefs, and Incentives - North
Service Line: Claims and Incentives
Macro-Economics Manager - Climate Change
Service Line: Forensic
Health and Care Workforce Director, IGH - UK WIDE
Service Line: People Consulting
ESG Specialist (Climate Risk - Modelling) Senior Manager
Service Line: FRM
Assistant Manager – HR Transformation - People Consulting
Service Line: People Consulting
12 months FTC - Senior Manager – Investigations & Compliance
Service Line: Forensic
This role is available across our office locations in the North (Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, Liverpool).
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Are you looking for a change in career where you can use your technical skills to work with a wide range of companies undertaking R&D? Do you enjoy meeting and working with senior staff within businesses? Do you have a flair for explaining complex technology to non-specialists? KPMG’s Innovation Reliefs and Incentives team is looking to expand its team in Manchester. The team needs specialists to work with clients to understand what activities qualify for incentives. R&D incentives reward UK businesses carrying out qualifying R&D activity and are aimed at keeping talent in the UK. The team works with businesses from almost every sector of the economy to identify their qualifying R&D activity, quantify it and obtain the R&D incentive relief for them, as well as working with clients to best leverage the Patent Box
Roles and Responsibilities
This Assistant Manager level role is for a scientist or engineer to work with the local incentives personnel to accelerate the growth of our business in this region.
You will also be required to:
-Work with senior staff at our clients to identify qualifying projects and expenditure.
-Prepare summary descriptions of the work being undertaken in straightforward language that is clear to understand to be submitted to the HMRC.
-Work with HMRC specialists to facilitate the agreement of R&D claims.
-Manage client claim projects and to manage conflicting resourcing requirements between projects.
Qualifications and Skills
-Science or technical degree to 2.1 level or equivalent.
-Second post-graduate qualification or experience within industry.
-Show strong people skills and in particular and ability to work with senior staff within a business.
-Show excellent written skills.
-Strong project management skills.
-Excellent problem solving skills.
-Experience with preparing documentation for non-specialists.
-Wider interest in R&D and technology development.
Experience and Background
Due to the growth within the team we are looking for a range of specialists with experience in the following areas:
-Systems Engineering experience within any industry sector.
-Software engineering on development or major integration projects across the IT industry.
-Electronics design potentially including IP design or firmware development.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
KPMG’s Economics team serves a diverse international client base, advising firms on a broad range of high- profile issues, from strategy, to financial stability to impact of regulatory changes as well as competition issues across a variety of industries.
The practice spans a number of functional areas, with core skills ranging from micro and macro-economics, competition and regulatory economics, micro and macro-econometrics, regulatory strategy, cost modelling, pricing and regulatory finance and accounting.
In the macro-economic space, engagements include IFRS9 economic scenario assistance on KPMG-audited entities and advisory banks; stress testing for financial institutions and forecasting market and sector outlook for our deals advisory clients. Our team of economists works closely with leading academic advisors, drawing on in-depth sector knowledge from experts within the KPMG network, to deliver high quality economic advice to our clients.
KPMG’s Economics team sits within KPMG Forensic, and is part of KPMG’s Risk Consulting group.
The highly successful Economics practice at KPMG is looking to accelerate its recent growth. The team typically works with clients at board level, offering interesting and varied work, and the opportunity to earn substantial rewards by expanding our successful practice in the UK and across Europe.
KPMG is seeking a Manager with significant CGE modelling expertise to join our growing macroeconomics team. The macroeconomics team advises clients on the impact of future economic conditions on client’s business.
The role will involve enhancing our CGE modelling capabilities, in particular in relation to the economics of climate change, collaborating with leading academics and working closely with KPMG’s broader climate change modelling practice.
• Enhancing and developing the in-house CGE model
• Evaluate and where appropriate initiate development of climate economics tools, modelling and conceptual frameworks
• Drafting methodology papers and client reports
• Conducting technical modelling and presenting to internal and external stakeholders
• Contributing to proposals and pitches
• Managing engagement risk process
• Managing engagements including scoping, resourcing, budget monitoring, analysis, report writing
• Providing coaching and training to other team members
• PhD in economics or a closely related discipline (or comparable professional experience)
• Proven experience in developing CGE models and simulation programs to address a variety of economic policy issues
• Proficiency with the GEMPACK suite of programs is essential (and GAMS/Python is an advantage)
• Strong analytical skills in CGE modelling and excellent command of applied economic theory
• Three years of full-time relevant professional experience in research and applied policy
• Flexibility and adaptability to work across diverse projects and to use different economic tools
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both orally and in writing
• An ability to explain complex economics clearly to non- economists and apply economic concepts and techniques to real world situation
• Proven teamwork and successful experience working with multi-disciplinary teams
• Experience of engaging with research/policy stakeholders is desirable
Service Line Information
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do.
Our mission is to be the clear choice for clients and our talent who want to improve the fabric and functioning of our society. Be part of it.
As a Director in our growing IGH practice, you will play a lead role in work across government and healthcare but have a primary focus on the origination of work for clients related to the health and care workforce. You will also lead the design and delivery of a range of projects and large-scale programmes of work.
You will be working with clients from a broad spectrum of organisations, including the NHS and care sector organisations, regulators in health, care, education, and government departments.,
Joining our industry leading IGH practice will expose you to work on a range of high-profile assignments helping organisations, politicians, policy makers and civic leaders address their most challenging issues.
You will benefit from working with and alongside specialists from a number of disciplines and experts from our Global Centres of Excellence. Given our position as one of the leading advisors to the NHS, social care, education providers and local and central government we are frequently approached to support the most complex and high-profile programmes of work. Examples of this include our work with NHS England/Improvement, NHS Scotland, the Department of Health and Social Care, the Care Quality Commission, Nursing and Midwifery Council, General Medical Council, Health Education England and the NHS Leadership Academy,
The diversity of work, project opportunities, calibre of people you will work with and formal learning opportunities will undoubtedly help accelerate your career – irrespective of whether you stay for three years or the rest of your career.
Successful candidates will work collaboratively with KPMG colleagues and clients to:
- Identify options and solutions to address complex client issues and challenges
- Perform a client delivery focused role which typically involves review of policy and regulatory issues, assessment of client need, development of appropriate solutions and communication and engagement with stakeholders and senior team members.
- Develop new and existing client relationships by demonstrating insight and understanding of the challenges facing clients.
- Lead and develop insightful proposals and propositions, which demonstrate KPMG’s market leading position.
- Win and lead client engagements which are commercially viable.
- Develop networks across KPMG’s IGH team whilst also ensuring knowledge of wider firm services which can be used to add value for our clients on engagements.
- Lead teams day-today to produce compelling analysis, presentations, reports and other deliverables that are well drafted and concise, whilst also addressing complex, politically-sensitive issues.
- Design, plan and facilitate events, workshops and interactive sessions to support our clients.
- Proactively maintain project oversight, including financial and project risk management.
- Proactively manage and provide guidance and people leadership to the wider team.
- Liaise regularly with the firm’s healthcare, education, and wider regulation teams.
Experience and Background:
- You will be a talented and ambitious senior consultant with experience of consulting in health, education, central or local government, OR an experienced leader/senior official from the civil service, wider public sector or other industry sectors with a track record of policy development and project implementation skills.
- You will have the credibility and experience to lead KPMG and client teams to appraise, plan and deliver complex programmes of work.
- You will have a good understanding of the health and care policy agenda and demonstrate a strong desire to support clients in these areas.
- You will understand the political environment and be experienced in considering the reputational and commercial aspects of our work
- You will understand the changing nature of work and how this will shape the health and care workforce of the future
- You will have significant people and performance management experience, including experience of coaching or managing a wide range of staff.
- You will be experienced and comfortable presenting findings and analysis to boards and governing bodies of our clients and preparing papers and reports.
- Ideally, you will have experience of working with senior individuals and a keen interest in areas such as policy, service and workforce planning, the future of work, employee relations, the use of workforce analytics to inform strategy, how technology is shaping the way services and staff work and the role of health and care providers as anchor institutions .
Skills and Qualifications
The qualification for this role is not prescriptive. You will have
considerable relevant experience
and will need to demonstrate:
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment including taking initiative in ambiguous and fluid situations
Experience of leading programmes and large-scale projects
Proficient in the use of a range of IT applications.
Hold Security Clearance or be able to obtain clearance when you join us
You are likely to meet the skills and experience required for this role if you have consultancy experience or if you have experience of working at a senior level in a regulatory or policy environment or in a Government body or equivalent.
Role Purpose & Context:
Climate risk has emerged as a top priority risk to banks and we are helping our clients to respond to the immense challenges posed by climate change, including how to integrate climate risk management and measurement, and meet global regulatory, investor and stakeholder demands.
We are looking for a Senior Manager who is passionate and enthusiastic about climate change who can bring existing banking risk management and modelling expertise and experience, particularly credit risk, to help build out the development of our climate risk proposition and service offerings in this exciting, cutting edge, and incredibly important area, as well as delivering these offerings with our banking clients.
This opportunity is within our Banking Risk team, which is part of our Financial Risk Management consulting practice. This team houses many subject matter experts that focus on supporting our banking clients with achieving their prudential and conduct risk and regulatory objectives.
- Provide subject matter expertise on climate risk in the context of risk modelling and measurement, stress testing, risk management, strategy, and regulatory expectations.
- Developing materials, tools and methodologies to support our climate risk proposition for use in client meetings, engagements, events, and broader thought leadership.
- Collaborate with global stakeholders on the development and coordination of climate risk offerings.
- Work across and be the day-to-day lead on multiple engagements, delivering high quality climate risk support to our banking clients, including managing the delivery team.
- Manage the preparation, delivery, reporting and evaluation of engagements, including managing the risks of the project.
- Maintains a detailed knowledge of climate risk regulations and an awareness of broader banking regulations, market trends, competitor activity and products/services.
- Build and cultivate strong business relationships.
- Identify new opportunities and develop these with existing clients, contributing to and/or managing the development of proposals.
- Advocate innovation both within the firm and with clients.
- Take a leading role in developing team members to their full potential and promoting collaboration among larger teams.
Provide advanced technical knowledge, direction and training to others and participates in team practice decisions such as resource allocation.
This role provides a unique opportunity to be part of building KPMG’s banking risk capabilities in an exciting and rapidly evolving area. It will provide unique visibility across the firm and within our clients, and offer exposure to different parts of the firm, different clients, and different products and engagements.
Experience & Knowledge:
Minimum 7 years’ experience working in a credit risk modelling role within a financial or professional services firm with practical experience in credit risk modelling
Experience in managing teams of 6-10 people
Strong analytical, science and/or mathematical-based background with ability and interest in applying that expertise to develop climate risk models
Experience in quantification of climate risk hugely advantageous
Practical working knowledge and experience of model development and validation
Basic understanding of the risks faced by financial services due to climate change and how it may impact a Bank’s loan portfolio is advantageous
Knowledge and understanding of banking regulations in relation to climate risk
Knowledge and experience of credit risk processes, governance and documentation
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
Undergraduate degree in analytical field, such as mathematics or statistics
Self-starter, with the ability and desire to do own research and apply existing modelling expertise to new emerging areas such as climate risk modelling
Ability to understand and execute programming code such as R, Python, SAS
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead diverse groups and develop strong networks
Flexibility and agility to contribute in a senior capacity to a broad range of banking risk engagements
Strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively, with a practical solutions-driven approach
Excellent stakeholder management skills, across senior individuals within the firm and our banking clients
People Consulting is an integral part of KPMG’s Management Consultancy practice and a growing part of our business. This team help to transform the performance of organisations by changing the way people are led, managed and developed. We do this by focusing on two key areas – delivering the people agenda on large scale, complex, change programmes and transforming the HR function and its impact to the client’s business.
We have 4 key capabilities that work across the Financial Services sector:
• HR Transformation
• Learning solutions
• Organisational Transformation
• Workforce Transformation
Across these capabilities we support our clients around: digitally enabled employee engagement; skills and capabilities; agile organisation and workforce; shaping the future of the workforce; people change and leadership capability; value-driving efficient and cost effective HR, powered by tech; predictive insightful people consulting.
We are seeking a skilled Assistant Manager with experience in delivering HR transformation programmes in the Financial Services sector. We require ambitious people who can navigate through complex transformation programmes and contribute to key proposition areas across our HR Transformation capability areas: Powered HR engagements, establishing Global Business Services functions, developing HR strategy, supporting on HR audits.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Work closely with FTSE 100 clients primarily across Banking and Insurance.
• Become a key contributor in a variety of projects across our people consulting capabilities, ranging from small short-term projects (as a Project Manager) to a workstream within a more complex projects and HR transformation workstreams (as a Key Contributor with a team of consultants).
• Work closely with the client project manager and team members to successfully deliver project outcomes.
• Provide specialist and technical input and review of others’ inputs in the design and development of change management project deliverables.
• Contribute to practice development and new propositions.
• Work closely with a mixture of mix of onshore and offshore team members.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in helping clients to shape and deliver HR Transformation solutions, including a range of:
• Knowledge, skills and experience with HR transformation enablers and their applications, being a key contributor in the areas of HR strategy, HR Technology, HR policies, HR processes and controls, target operating model design, service delivery, cultural change, communications and engagement strategies.
• Understanding of strategic challenges and opportunities facing HR leaders and HR teams.
• Experience with various HR operating models (centralised, decentralised etc.) either through knowledge or experience, with ability to define the impacts of organisational design / redesign initiatives to the business.
• Thorough understanding about HRSS strategy and the GBS offering (including location, language etc.) and / or HR Business Partner capabilities and traits.
• Experience with HR transformation programmes to meet client needs – being a key member /SME or as a Junior Project Manager, either as part of a wider programme or standalone. Could include:
o HR Operating model strategy, redesign and implementation (HRBP / HRSS / COE).
o Service delivery model design including design and implementation of roles, responsibilities, etc.
o HR process efficiency assessment and process re-design.
o HR governance structures.
o Constructively challenging and conveying key messages to HRLT, HRD and Project Sponsor level stakeholders.
o Managing a team through organising, running and summarising outputs from client workshops.
• Understanding of key HR technology/ies (ideally ServiceNow, Workday, Oracle and SuccessFactors)
• Experience as a HR Practitioner is desirable but not essential.
• Experience in formulating proposals, managing project risks, and leading through complexity and ambiguity of project work.
The following are preferred qualifications for the role:
• Degree educated or equivalent
• Qualifications such as CIPD, CIMA, Occupational Psychology and PMI or Prince2 preferred
• Familiarity and proficiency with Microsoft Office packages (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Investigations and Compliance (I&C) is part of KPMG’s Forensic practice.
We help clients with their biggest and most challenging misconduct and integrity matters. Our work helps clients respond to regulatory enquiries, reduce reputational risk and prevent or reduce commercial loss by helping them to investigate and mitigate risks including fraud and misconduct, bribery and corruption, financial crime and much more. We have an exciting pipeline of work and ambitious growth targets and are looking for experienced and enthusiastic individuals to join our talented team.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Manager to join our I&C team, primarily to lead investigations for Corporates clients. The individual will also be required to work on engagements that help clients to prevent and mitigate the risk of fraud, bribery and corruption and other areas of financial crime. These projects might include, for example, fraud risk management, regulatory compliance, and integrity due diligence assignments.
The role undertaken by the individual will depend on the type and circumstances of each project. The candidate should expect to work on a variety of project-based work over a cross section of forensic work types, industries and geographies.
Each project will generally incorporate the review and assessment of documentation, drafting of written reports/submissions and client liaison. As a Senior Manager you will be expected to deal directly with the client, the client’s external counsel, senior members of the KPMG team and other third parties as required. You will also be expected to oversee and train junior colleagues and take responsibility for the quality and timeliness of project deliverables.
The role will also require you to participate and take the lead on business development activities including marketing, knowledge sharing and practice development. It is expected that Senior Managers will originate opportunities through both internal and external relationships.
The individual will be based in KPMG’s CSQ office working under KPMG’s hybrid working model of both home and office working. The individual will need to display a flexible attitude to working and be prepared to travel/work at other locations within the UK and internationally.
Qualifications and Skills:
Chartered Professional Accountant or equivalent is preferred. An additional legal or fraud related qualification is also preferred.
Experience and Knowledge:
To succeed in this demanding role you will need to demonstrate the following experience and skills:
Practical and recent experience of leading Forensic investigations with a strong understanding of market leading investigative techniques, such as interviewing, e-review and financial analysis
A strong understanding of and practical experience working with core Forensic technology tools, such as Relativity, Brainspace and others
Experience of delivering risk management and/or compliance-based engagements in areas such as fraud, bribery and corruption, tax evasion facilitation, modern slavery and other areas of financial crime is desirable
Demonstrable experience of managing large and complex projects
Experience in scoping and defining Forensic projects
Proven ability to lead and manage teams
Proven track record of managing the risks and financials associated with client engagements
Experience of drafting reports, submissions and other deliverables to a high standard, suitable for presentation to clients
Ability to articulate complex and technical findings in both written and oral presentations for a variety of audiences
Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, self-motivation and an enquiring mind
Ability to work efficiently and accurately under pressure
Ability to establish credibility with clients and senior colleagues quickly and ability to demonstrate strong stakeholder management skills
Strong people skills, including an ability to conduct appraisals, inspire and develop junior colleagues
A proven track record in originating opportunities and leading written and/or oral proposals to clients is desirable
A developed network of relevant contacts in the Corporates market
An enthusiasm to get involved in marketing activity and in developing the Forensic practice