I'm looking for
Search results for "External Audit"
Audit Senior Manager - Corporates
Service Line: Audit
Financial Services Audit Manager (Cardiff/Bristol)
Service Line: Audit
IT Audit Senior Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: Audit
Manager - Financial Services Audit - Edinburgh/Glasgow
Service Line: Audit
FS Audit Manager - Manchester/Leeds/Liverpool
Service Line: Audit
Senior Manager – Corporate Treasury Services
Service Line: Audit
We are currently looking to consolidate our position within the marketplace by appointing talented and enthusiastic qualified accountants at Senior Manager level within our Audit Corporates department in London.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work on some of the largest opportunities in the marketplace and will be exposed to excellent career development opportunities within a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary team. Working alongside Directors and Partners, you will be in a senior client facing role, forging strong relationships with our clients.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of Corporates clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
- Supervising, mentoring, and coaching Corporates Audit staff
- Managing partner involvement on audits, providing progress reports as required
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients; manage timetables, anticipate costs, raise fees and agree dates for cash collection
- Regularly and proactively communicating with senior clients on relevant industry matters
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Establishing and maintaining strong internal and external networks within the industry
- Communicating with clients and subject matter experts on technical matters relevant to Corporates audits
- Actively driving the planning of the audit, as well as the actual fieldwork at interim and final, statutory audit and completion work
- Working on tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team
- Be part of the Corporates department management group and drive firm’s strategic initiatives
- Being the performance manager for other qualified accountants
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Must demonstrate gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
- IT literacy with good knowledge of Word / Excel / PowerPoint
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
- Sound working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
- Experience with US GAAP is preferable though not essential
Required Knowledge & Experience:
- Recent and significant financial statement audit experience at Senior Manager level within a Big 4 or mid tier firm
- Extensive external audit experience within the Corporates sectors, such as telecommunications, media, energy, utilities, and/or oil&gas
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Knowledge of developments within the Corporates sectors and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders
- Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
KPMG is looking to consolidate its leading position within the Financial Services Audit sector by appointing talented and enthusiastic auditors into newly-created manager roles. This is a fast growing practise which is expected to grow further significantly in the next 3 to 5 years based on recent audit tender results. The department is made up of a large group of client facing staff delivering a range of audit and advisory engagements across a broad spectrum of clients.
Our Financial Services department in the South West Region delivers a range of audit and advisory engagements across a broad spectrum of clients. These clients include banks, building societies and insurance, leasing & investment management companies. The Department is spread across Bristol and Cardiff therefore, the successful candidates can be based in either location.
Our Bristol office is situated in Queen Square on a short walking distance from Temple Meads Station and is well placed for commuting by car or bicycle. Our staff work over 3 floors and the office has a lively cross-functional social scene. The office has the mix of working with big organisations whilst also maintaining that close-knit office environment. All offices have canteen facilities.
You will manage and deliver pensions audit engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in UK GAAP and the Pensions SORP. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, working with Trustees and scheme administrators, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include:
• To manage a portfolio of pensions audit engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of high quality audit engagements
• Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KPMG and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
• Providing coaching and guidance to both on- and off-shore staff working on your engagements
• Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
• Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
• Assist the Director in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
• Preparation of reports to senior management and Trustee boards
• Assist with business development opportunities. This would involve initial meetings, preparing proposal documents and presenting at pitches.
There will be opportunity and encouragement for additional responsibilities outside this day to day role, such as assisting with pensions-specific training courses for in-charges and audit assistants, involvement in local client events and taking on a performance manager role.
• Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
• Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment whilst working as a team with support from Partner, Directors, Senior Managers (where applicable) and in-charges
• Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing including applying this to the pensions sector
• Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation
• Project management techniques; this role will test and develop your expertise in decision-making, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
• Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge
• Well-developed understanding of the wider commercial background KPMG operates in demonstrating awareness of the issues facing our clients on a day to day basis
Qualifications and Skills
• Time and exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or country equivalent
• Sound working knowledge of UK GAAP and the Pensions SORP
• IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word
• Recent and significant experience as a Manager in an audit capacity within a top 10 accountancy firm
• Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK standards
• Significant audit experience for pension schemes
Within the FS IT Audit team, our work involves providing consultancy, assurance, advice and attestation to clients on their IT systems and processes. Our focus is on IT risk management, IT controls testing, IT project assurance, and the technology and data aspects of regulation. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, large scale consulting projects and as part of external and internal audit engagements.
• Work with Partners and Directors in delivering technology risk services with an emphasis on Internal Audit services to the Insurance sector.
• Take responsibility for a large portfolio of audit clients (Internal audit) and deliver IT audit services to this portfolio to time, budget and quality.
• Taking responsibility for the overall output from client engagements including scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production, quality and review of deliverables.
• The role holder will also need to generate new work for the team through actively leading sales and proposal activity within the insurance market with the leadership team and insurance markets group.
• Building and maintaining excellent relationships across a range of clients and prospects.
• Participating in service line development, reporting to the service line leader on progress of development, sales and delivery.
• Developing internal networks and maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, in particular in the wider IT Advisory practice.
• Coaching, mentoring and developing team members, both on and off engagements (e.g. setting goals and appraising performance), and contributing to practice management (e.g. training and knowledge sharing).
Experience and Background
• Extensive ITGC experience within Financial Services
• Proven experience in an IT risk and control / audit environment and managing a large IT External Audit portfolio.
• Able to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly.
• Strong project management skills including being able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, to manage teams effectively, and to deliver projects on time and to budget.
• Able to add value to assignments through an analytical approach to work, and adept at challenging existing processes to identify and implement smarter ways of working.
• Able to develop excellent client and internal relationships at all levels of seniority.
• Proficient at creating and delivering captivating presentations to audiences comprising groups of clients, prospects and/or internal staff.
• Able to motivate and lead teams of up to 5 people and also work on own initiative.
• Experience in business analysis and understanding of core business processes within a financial services environment.
• Experience of auditing application controls for a range of business processes within a financial services environment.
• UK Financial Services experience is essential
• Must have the right to work in the UK
We are currently looking for a qualified accountants at Manager Level to join our thriving Financial Services Audit department in Edinburgh.
As a Manager you will be involved in all aspects of overseeing and ensuring the delivery of audit and assurance engagements from planning through to completion. Your role will include executive level client interaction and provide you with exposure to multiple clients on a regular basis. Recent client wins have prompted growth and expansion of the department.
Roles and Responsibilities
• You will build a portfolio of clients and have responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team (including other specialists), monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include planning and reviewing audit fieldwork, statutory reporting and project management.
• Keeping Partners up to date with progress throughout the course of the assignment.
• Preparing and reviewing reports to senior management and audit committees
• Supervising and coaching junior members of staff.
• On-site involvement and being the key point of contact for senior level client staff throughout the year.
• Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings, identifying sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
• Involvement in the department leadership team aiming to continue the growth of our Financial Services department in Scotland.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Background
• Professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body, ACA, ACCA or CPA. (or equivalent)
• Significant audit experience in Financial Services sector
• Sound and practical working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP.
• You will possess well developed leadership, supervisory and coaching skills and have the ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and through written media) with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
• Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
• Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
• IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
• Able to demonstrate strong business development acumen.
We are currently looking for a qualified Accountant at Manager level to join our thriving Financial Services Audit department in the Regions. Based in our Manchester office, you will be part of a collaborative team in a fast paced and challenging environment.
KPMG is one of the leading Audit and Assurance practices in the UK whose success and reputation depends upon the quality and integrity of our services - and our people. As a member of our team you will benefit from extensive training and education to keep you up to speed with current changes in regulation, accounting and auditing standards.
As a Manager you will be involved in all aspects of overseeing and ensuring the delivery of audit and assurance engagements from planning through to completion. Your role will include executive level client interaction and provide you with exposure to multiple clients on a regular basis. Recent client wins have prompted growth and expansion of the sector.
As part of a high performing team you will be offered extensive professional development and support. You will be allocated a partner to assist with your career development and performance management to help you in meeting your professional goals. Our top performers are often encouraged to pursue internal secondments and international assignments to broaden their skills set. You may also have the opportunity to be involved in project based work across the firm.
· You will build a portfolio of clients and have responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team (including other specialists), monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include planning and reviewing audit fieldwork, statutory reporting and project management.
· Keeping partners up to date with progress throughout the course of the assignment.
· Preparing and reviewing reports to senior management and audit committees.
· Supervising and coaching junior members of staff
· On-site involvement and being the key point of contact for senior level client staff throughout the year
· Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings, identifying sales opportunities that will help us grow our business.
· Involvement in the department leadership team aiming to continue the growth of our Financial Services department in the Midlands.
Qualifications and Skills:
The FS Audit Manager candidate will meet the following criteria:
· Professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body, ACA, ACCA or CPA.
· Significant audit experience including practical experience within a Big 4 Accountancy firm or mid tier firm.
· Significant exposure to Financial Services audits is required
· Sound & practical working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
· You are required to possess well developed leadership, supervisory and coaching skills and have the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
· Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
· Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth. The team offer deep treasury expertise in financial products and markets, risk management, systems, governance, valuation and accounting, and work closely with other high impact functions within KPMG such as Audit, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting to provide a wide range of treasury advisory and audit services, including:
- Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
- Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
- Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
- Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
- Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR and Basel III
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
- Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
- Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
- Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
- Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
- Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders