I'm looking for
Search results for "External Audit"
Economics Director - Technical Specialist
Service Line: Forensic
Release to Service Manager
Service Line: People Consulting
Senior Manager - Legal Project Management
Service Line: Legal Services
Cyber Data Privacy Senior Manager
Service Line: RC Technology
Tax Assistant Manager, International & Complex, Event Follow-Up
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
Employee Experience Assistant Manager
Service Line: ExCo and Leadership
KPMG’s Economics team serves a diverse international client base, advising firms on a broad range of high profile issues, from strategy, to financial stability to impact of regulatory changes as well as competition issues across a variety of industries.
The practice spans a number of functional areas, with core skills ranging from micro and macro-economics, competition and regulatory economics, micro and macro-econometrics, regulatory strategy, cost modelling, pricing and regulatory finance and accounting.
In the macro-economics space, engagements include IFRS9 economic scenario assistance on KPMG-audited entities and advisory clients; stress testing for financial institutions and forecasting market and sector outlook. Our team of economists works closely with leading academic advisors, drawing on in-depth sector knowledge from experts within the KPMG network, to deliver high quality economic advice to our clients.
KPMG’s Economics team sits within KPMG Forensic, and is part of KPMG’s Risk Consulting group.
The highly successful Economics practice at KPMG is looking to accelerate its recent growth. The team typically works with clients at board level, offering interesting and varied work, and the opportunity to earn substantial rewards by expanding our successful practice in the UK and across Europe.
KPMG is seeking a Director with significant CGE modelling expertise. The role will involve leading development of enhancements to our CGE modelling capabilities, in particular in relation to the economics of climate change, collaborating with leading academics. The role will involve working closely with KPMG’s broader climate change modelling practice.
The role will require the ability to present technical economic modelling to internal and external stakeholders, as well as providing written deliverables.
The role will also involve marketing our economic modelling capabilities to clients, and internal KPMG stakeholders.
The role will be for a position that is an integral part of the Economics team. We will expect the successful candidate to live the values all round. The role will also involve a significant amount of coaching and development of more junior staff.
All of the above should be delivered while displaying outstanding risk management.
PhD in economics focussed on CGE modelling.
Experience developing CGE models from scratch, and adapting these models to suit specific client needs as well as the developments in the economics literature.
Strong understanding of available climate models and techniques, and an established network in this space including with leading think tanks.
Ability to work across diverse projects, with other skillsets.
Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing.
An ability to explain complex economics clearly to non- economists and apply economic concepts and techniques to real world situation.
Proven experience of leading and managing teams, and an ability to work collaboratively.
Experience working in a senior role with proven experience of delivering complex economic output to senior stakeholders to inform critical decision making.
Ability to write proposals and to sell work in the space of CGE modelling.
Experience in managing commercial and contractual risk.
KPMG Learning Services (KLS) delivers innovative, bespoke and high quality learning to a number of high profile public and private sector clients. The Service Centre supports the operation by providing a multifunctional contact centre underpinned by quality administration and excellent customer service to support the learners and suppliers.
The role will require strong client management skills with an ability to build relationships and understand their needs to ensure we are managing and meeting their expectations, facilitating the design and quality assurance of new learning and ensuring events take place within agreed timeframes.
The candidate will require significant operational experience, ideally in Learning and Development, Customer Service and Change Management. The role will involve influencing and collaborating across several internal/external functions e.g. Curriculum & Quality; Business Learning Partners; Service Centre, so the ability to proactively build and maintain strong strategic networks will be key to the success of the role.
Build and establish relationships with senior customers/clients to support the design and delivery of learning. Providing leadership and working through others to enable a smooth transition into the Service Centre. Ensuring high levels of customer service by:
• Work closely with Business Learning Partners, Learning and Development teams and Programme Managers to build a learning plan for the year and implement.
• Ensure processes are followed by Business Learning Partners and other Learning contacts
• Work with wider project team to operationalise new content, ensuring it is complete and fit for purpose once accepted into Service Centre
• Be the link between Learning & Development and the Service Centre on new topics and ensuring internal project management processes and methodologies are adhered to in order to enable successful release to service of the product
• Willing and able to respond positively to demand and stretching tasks; bouncing back from any setbacks
• Communicating effectively with the Service Centre in order to ensure joining instructions, facilitators and room bookings are sent out and booked to an agreed timeframe
• Deliver effective handover to the Service Centre team and be the escalation point of any issues
• Identification of opportunities for improvements to processes and techniques, championing a client service culture
• Provide potential solutions to fill gaps in processes/staff knowledge
• Maintain the integrity of the client data
• Build and maintain relationships with customers through regular meetings/calls
• Actively protecting the customer’s interest at all times in complying with statutory regulations and legislation
Oversee day to day client relationship activities to provide high level of customer care:
• Ongoing relationship management with clients to ensure smooth design, quality assurance and running of topics/programmes.
• Be able to link in other members of the team when applicable e.g. further opportunities, a need for MI
Qualifications and Skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to use information to generate creative solutions
• Good stakeholder management and relationship building skills
• Significant attention to detail, a logical approach and the ability to meet difficult deadlines within due process
• Anticipates when others need support and offers help
• Intermediate excel skills to include pivot tables, vlookups and charts
• Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
• Awareness of relevant legislation, procedures and processes
• Competent level on Microsoft Office tools i.e. Word, PowerPoint
Experience and Background
• Demonstrable experience in operational delivery, providing high levels of customer service
• Active interest in Learning and Development
• Extensive stakeholder management
The Legal Technology and PMO team work closely with our lawyers and clients to build digital products, identify opportunities for digitisation and in the managing of large multi-disciplinary and multi-jurisdiction engagements using our cutting-edge technology.
This is a fast-growth area of the business with a team that has rapidly expanded over the last 12 months. We are looking for an individual who has experience providing legal project management support and leadership and who understands the benefits of harnessing technology to drive better client outcomes.
You will be part of our Legal Technology and PMO team working closely with KPMG Law and other KPMG member firms.
The roll will work hand in hand with our legal technologists, process experts, developers and offshore resource to continue building our Legal Project Management offering.
Candidates will ideally have had experience working in a legal project management offering as part of a large law firm or big four and be familiar with LPM process methodologies, best practices and with technologies such as:
• Contract Express
• Azure DevOps
• UI Path
The successful candidate will be required to:
• Work across a large team of lawyers and technologists interfacing with other parts of the KPMG’s member firm network as required.
• Coordinate project definition, including project scope, objectives, and constraints.
• Coordinate and plan project delivery, agreeing key milestones, deliverables and resourcing requirements.
• Deliver projects following agreed LPM methodology, using a suite of tools.
• Provide regular updates to the engagement leader and to the client.
• Respond to and participate in RFP’s including contribute to and attending client pitches.
• Collate and produce management information in relation to billing and project timelines.
• Manage and run regular project review meetings in line with scope, keeping project team informed and updated.
• Share progress against key milestones with the legal team and clients.
• Coordinate KPMG’s global project network to ensure deadlines are met.
• Support continuous improvement through identifying tactical small-scale improvements to working practices and technologies on ongoing projects.
• Feed functional requirements to legal technologists and process optimisation colleagues to implement changes.
• Encourage lawyers to use project management best practices and tech tools available to improve performance on projects.
• Provide training on use of legal project management techniques and technologies used in project delivery including feeding into global project management training and development and coaching.
• Capture best practices and lessons learnt, to improve future project delivery and fee management.
• Previous legal project management experience with a consultancy, law firm or other big four accounting firm.
• Prince2, Lean Six Sigma (or other standard) Project Management certification.
• Strong interpersonal, team building, team management, organisational, problem solving and motivational skills.
• Experience of working with senior stakeholders both internal and external.
• Ability to convey ideas and recommendations in a clear, compelling and succinct way in written and verbal communications.
• Good attention to detail and an ability to analyse and use data in decision making.
Our clients need to deal effectively with Privacy related risks, which providing the business with pragmatic and flexible solutions which deliver real value.
• Proactive management and delivery of large, complex client engagements to ensure the following are carried out:
- Design and approach of services meet client needs
- Scoping and production of deliverables
- Project and financial management
- Review of team deliverables for quality and risk purposes
- Liaising with clients on delivery and implementation issues
- Identifying business development opportunities
• Pro-actively identifying and progressing business opportunities for the long term benefit of both the client and KPMG as well as managing sales activities such as proposal writing and leading client presentations.
• Demonstrating an understanding of KPMG’s broader offerings to enable identification of business opportunities
• Developing constructive client relationships, both inside and outside of KPMG.
• Role modelling risk and engagement management practices
• Monitor and uphold high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external)
• Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear.
• Developing links with organisations that can contribute to KPMG thought leadership.
• Coaching and developing team members through sharing of experience and knowledge.
• Performance management and development of junior staff members
• Upholding KPMG’s values within the broader Risk and Technology Consulting teams
Experience and Background:
• Proven experience of successfully managing complex Privacy services in a commercial environment, ensuring the delivery of high-quality work on time and to budget.
• Experience of providing Privacy advice undertaking Privacy advisory work including:
- Privacy Impact Assessment / Privacy Assessments
- Privacy audits/assessments and advice:
- Privacy strategy and governance
- Privacy programme implementation
- Privacy inventories and data flow mapping
- Legitimisation of International Transfers of Personal Information
- Privacy impact assessments (PIAs) for business and technology projects or transformation programmes
- Privacy Training and Awareness
- Privacy Incident Response.
- Proven ability to lead work at sustained levels of high intensity, and inspire drive and resilience in others.
- Demonstrable breadth of skills/experience and market awareness.
• Proven ability to analyse problems, identify core issues and recommend appropriate solutions.
• Proven ability in taking appropriate action after monitoring/reviewing the progress and performance of others.
• Proven experience in identifying and converting sales opportunities.
Qualifications and Skills
• Degree level qualified
• Recognised Privacy qualifications preferred (e.g. CIPP, ISEB etc)
• Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), negotiation and project management skills
• Extensive relevant sales experience
• Ability to interact with organisations at a senior level
KPMG's Tax practice is a dynamic and successful area of our business. A constantly changing and increasingly high-profile field, Tax offers a broad range of quality career paths to ambitious people.
Our Corporate Tax department is a fast growing part of our Tax practice with a diverse client base ranging from PE-backed and privately held businesses through to some of the largest UK and globally listed multinationals.
Working in our Corporate Tax department will give you the opportunity to develop relationships with clients as you help with advice on a wide range of UK and international corporate tax advisory projects and work with our Tax Centre of Excellence to manage our clients’ tax compliance processes.
We are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Manager to join our Corporate Tax Advisory team across the UK.
The successful candidate will have experience working in a corporate tax role and have the motivation to develop their tax technical and client relationship skills. The role is fast moving and varied. The core responsibilities will include:
• Being the principal contact on a portfolio of clients on day to day tax matters and working with Senior Managers and Managers on our largest client accounts
• Supporting on tax advisory projects across a client portfolio. Expect to be advising on group reorganisations, tax due diligence, financing, international tax and tax governance
• Ensuring our clients are kept up to date with emerging corporate and wider tax developments impacting their business
• Working with our specialists to deliver expertise to the local market
• Responding appropriately to requests from our clients for other KPMG services
• Managing the tax compliance process, working closely with our delivery team in KPMG’s Tax Centre of Excellence)
• Supervising the work of junior members of staff and providing coaching to support their development
• Assisting our Managers and Senior Managers with client account management, including complying with appropriate risk management procedures and financial management
• Support the leadership with business development opportunities
Qualifications and Skills
- Ideally CTA / ACA / ACCA qualified (or equivalent).
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
Experience and Background
- Prior Corporate Tax experience.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work.
- Identifies and pursues business opportunities.
- Continuously learns from experiences.
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities.
- Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback.
- Coaches less experienced staff.
- Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community.
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information.
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external).
Using outputs and feedback obtained from KBS Voice of Customer (VoC) surveys, work with KBS stakeholders to develop and implement process improvement initiatives.
The primary purpose of this role will be delivery of projects from implementation to completion, carrying out activities such as process/customer journey mapping, root cause analysis, benefit analysis and implementing process controls to ensure benefits 'stick'. Seeking opportunities for automation where possible and working closely with the Automation team will also be a key aspect.
Additional responsibilities to include support for existing PI Network through training and coaching.
Description of the role:
- Work with Employee Experience Manager, VoC Analyst and KBS business stakeholders to interpret KBS VoC survey responses
- Using data from VoC surveys, establish proposals for PI activity considering factors such as benefit, complexity and resource requirements.
- Working with relevant stakeholders, take a lead role in the delivery of improvement initiatives from initiation through to completion
- Track and measure benefits delivered
- Report and communicate outcomes from improvement initiatives to business stakeholders, KBS leadership and additional audiences where required.
- Work with KBS PI Champions/Network to support PI activity across KBS
- Work with the KBS Automation team to identify opportunities for automation of tasks
Leadership & Management:
This role has no direct line management responsibility but will require significant stakeholder management (delivering through others) as well as working collaboratively with colleagues in both the UK and at KGS.
Stakeholder Interaction & challenges:
This role involves a high level of internal stakeholder engagement with colleagues at all levels and will include a requirement to present to Senior Leadership, potentially including Exco members. There is no external client engagement.
Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance:
This is a key role in evolving the way KBS delivers services to its customers, the employees of KPMG UK. The newly developed KBS Voice of Customer survey offers greater insight to the needs of KPMG Employees and it is the responsibility of the Employee Experience team to deliver targeted and measurable improvements based on this information.
- Have demonstrated ability to establish relationships and work with business stakeholders to deliver change initiatives of various size and complexity
- Have demonstrated ability to communicate regularly and effectively using various channels (e.g. via video calls, email, Microsoft Teams networks, Yammer etc.)
- Experience of working with a broad section of functional services, e.g. Finance, People (HR), Supply Chain, Marketing etc.
- Experience working on technical implementations, in particular Robotic Process Automation (RPA) initiativesExpertise / Technical role requirements
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certified (or equivalent)Skills:
- Stakeholder Management
- Process Improvement (Lean)
- Data Analysis
- Communication (written & oral)
- Presentation Skills
- Benefit calculation/measurement