I'm looking for
Search results for "Financial Risk Management"
Third Party Risk Manager - Technology Risk - Financial Services
Service Line: Connected Technology
Financial Modelling Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: Connected Technology
Senior Manager - GMS - Financial Services
Service Line: People Services
Banking Risk Consultant - Climate Risk Data - Manager
Service Line: FRM
Director - Financial Services - Strategy
Service Line: Strategy
Director - Core Asset Management Tax
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
The Financial Services Technology Risk Consulting team is focused on providing consultancy, advice and assurance on our clients' technology risks and controls. The market is evolving at pace and innovating, whilst embracing the digital age. We are building out our team to advise clients on emerging and legacy technology risks and controls. We are focused on project and programme risk, operational and technology resilience, technology risk and control, impact of regulatory change on data and technology and third party risk management. All underpinned by analytics. We deliver our work through consulting projects, focused on risk and control assurance, as well as projects with 2nd and 3rd lines of defence.
Role & Responsibilities
• Building global relationships and actively seeking out the global networks best experts to address client needs
• Communicating compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
• Building constructive working relationships across different teams, functions, countries or cultures
• Work with Partners and Directors in delivering risk services to the Financial Services sector with particular focus on Third Party Risk Management
• Oversight of delivery of Third Party Risk Management consulting projects - including reviews of maturity, process, governance and operating model. Advice on automation and tooling, consulting advice on regulatory requirements and expectations on Third Party Risk Management. Oversee and deliver end to end supplier assurance projects and Third Party Risk Management transformation projects
• Assume ownership of key client relationships, identify revenue-generating opportunities and get involved in business development activities.
• Build and develop relationships with key market contacts
• Develop industry and technical expertise and be positioned as an Third Party Risk Management SME for the Financial Services sector
• Identify, anticipate and recommend the need for and make changes to third party risk management methodologies and related services in response to changing risk profiles and regulatory expectations
• Build relationships with other departments to further develop and mature KPMG's Third Party Risk Management offering
• Understand the Financial Services industry - key performance drivers, emerging technical and industry developments
Skills & Experience
• Proven experience of successfully managing and delivering risk and controls assessments.
• Proven experience of implementing Third Party Risk Management frameworks in large Financial Services organisations
• Thorough understanding of Third Party Risk Management and experience of developing Third Party Risk Management programs for Financial Services organisations
• Extensive knowledge and insight of regulatory requirements and expectations on Third Party Risk Management and wider risks
• Extensive knowledge of related regulations
• Experience of building Third Party Risk Management programs in the Financial Services sector from the ground-up
• Experience of the end to end procurement lifecycle
• Extensive experience of working with UK regulators to provide knowledge and insights on regulatory thinking on third party risk management
• Experience of reviewing Third Party Risk Management for banks and/or insurers and providing gap assessments and remediation plans
• Experience of managing business and IT stakeholders from across the business and all levels of seniority, including CIO, CFO and CISO
• Experience in identifying and assessing IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly to all levels
• Strong understanding of Financial Services sector
• A good understanding of technology platforms
• Strong leadership skills both on engagements and in an office environment
• Experience in playting an active role in the business development process
• Strong analytical skills and ability to adapt to changing circumstances
• Proven experience of embracing and adapting to new technology
• Ability to spot opportunities to add value to clients and work with colleagues in other lines of service to help clients
• Ability to work flexibly in terms of working hours to accommodate tight timelines and manage well under pressure
We help our clients understand their business through building models, reviewing models and data analytics. We work across a broad range of tools (Excel, VBA, SQL, Qlikview, Tableau, Power BI) to support decision making and effective execution. If you enjoy translating complex problems into models, this is the team for you.
• Managing projects to support clients in tackling business issues
• Applying technical skills to devise compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
• Contributing to and driving the growth and development of the modelling team
• Building constructive working relationships to develop internal and external networks
• You will leverage existing managerial experience and leadership skills to help grow and develop the modelling team
• You will manage teams of modellers and other professionals to provide high quality and flexible modelling solutions for a diverse range of clients
• You will be responsible for end to end engagement and stakeholder management
• You will use existing Excel, VBA, and/or SQL skills to support delivery and develop capabilities, share knowledge on solutions, and best practice techniques
• You will support the professional development of the junior members within the teamthe team and our propositions; contribute towards organising/guiding training and development of the team
•You will contribute to our business development initiatives and be an integral part of the sales team
•You will have the opportunity to work closely with teams across all functions within KPMG, such as Restructuring, Tax, Financial Management, Internal Audit and Regulatory and Compliance Services
The type of work includes:
- Financial forecast and scenario modelling
- Transaction modelling such as valuations and option appraisals
- Reviewing financial models for quality sign-off
- Developing tactical solutions that automate finance and other operations (i.e. remediation)
- Development of data models to support modelling and analytics deliverables
- Using visualisation and analytical software (such as the Power BI, QlikView and Tableau) to drive insights from data to inform client decisions
• Anticipates the viewpoint of others, listens and addresses concerns
• Builds co-operative relationships and fosters an environment in which everyone’s opinion is valued
• Provides on-going feedback, coaching and mentoring that supports individuals development needs and career aspirations
• Proactively engages in cross-functional communications and sharing of information.
Essential & desirable skills and experience
- Experience managing projects, clients and senior stakeholders
- Experience of building or reviewing financial models in a Financial Modelling role that required an understanding of financial and accounting concepts or project finance (e.g. debt structures, cash waterfalls, financial ratios)
Experience scoping, designing and building financial models in best practice
- Experience in performance management and developing & retaining talent
- A first-class or upper second-class degree in a numerate subject
- Strong IT skills (Advanced Excel, VBA, and preferably SQL, R or Python)
- Strong communication skills to be able to describe complex technical issues in a clear and non-technical way
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, prioritising workload, and providing a high level of client service at all times
- Strong inter-personal skills in order to build and maintaining strong working relationships
- A strong understanding of accounting and financial concepts
- Knowledge of financial services products and key concepts
- Credit risk modelling experience (e.g. Exposure & knowledge of IFRS 9 and IRB modelling.)
- The ability to focus on a particular project whilst managing multiple projects
- Strong analytical and interpretative skills
- Vigilance and sustained attention to detail
- A recognised finance or accounting qualification and/or MBA or PhD
- Data visualisation experience in Power BI stack, QlikView and Tableau
Roles and Responsibilities
• Build, maintain and lead strong relationships with the clients
• Being the day to day contact for allocated clients
• Management of all associated compliance processes for international assignees
• Ensuring clients are provided with up to date information on relevant tax developments
• Advising on risk issues relevant to client and assisting in mitigating these
• Preparing client advice for manager/partner review
• Project management
• Delegation of work to, and training and coaching of junior staff
• Interaction with KPMG's global People Services network
• Assisting with the day to day running of the GMS team and participating in managerial meetings
• Monitoring, recording and managing financial results on allocated clients to ensure profitability of the business
• Recognising and developing opportunities to further grow the GMS team.
• Lead business development/proposals
Qualifications and Skills
• ACA/ATT/CTA qualified or equivalent
Experience and Background
• Previous experience working in expatriate tax services
• Energetic, committed, and ambitious
• Identifies and pursues business opportunities
• High level personal responsibility and accountability for team work
• Seeks out feedback and development opportunities
• Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback.
• Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
• Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
• Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
• Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external).
• Understands how to effectively manage a busy portfolio of GMS clients and deliver sound and technically accurate
Climate risk has emerged as a top priority risk to banks and we are helping our clients to respond to the immense challenges posed by climate change, including how to integrate climate risk management and measurement, and meet global regulatory, investor and stakeholder demands.
We are looking for a Manager who is passionate and enthusiastic about climate change who can bring climate risk expertise and experience in the context of banking to help build out the development of our climate risk proposition and service offerings in this exciting, cutting edge, and incredibly important area, as well as delivering these offerings with our banking clients.
This opportunity is within our Banking Risk team, which is part of our Financial Risk Management consulting practice. This team houses many subject matter experts that focus on supporting our banking clients with achieving their prudential and conduct risk and regulatory objectives.
• Provide subject matter expertise on climate risk data and MI.
• Research and understand climate risk data requirements for banks, including macro-economic impacts and data, how this is supported by and links to their current internal data, and how firms can set a data strategy for climate risk,
• Contribute to the development of materials, tools and methodologies to support our climate risk proposition for use in client meetings, engagements, events, and broader thought leadership.
• Collaborate with global stakeholders on the development and coordination of climate risk offerings.
• Manages one or more client engagements or components of large scale engagements, delivering high quality climate risk support to our banking clients, including day to day management of team on engagements including coaching, providing constructive feedback and performance development.
• Ensures effective management of the risks and financials of engagements.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with middle to senior level staff internally and externally.
• Use knowledge of KPMG’s climate risk as well as broader service offerings to actively identify potential new business opportunities.
• Contribute to and/or manage the development of proposals.
• Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of climate risk regulations and an awareness of broader banking regulations, market trends, competitor activity and products/services.
• Provides technical knowledge, coaching and training to junior team members.
This role provides a unique opportunity to be part of building KPMG’s banking risk capabilities in an exciting and rapidly evolving area. It will provide unique visibility across the firm and within our clients, and offer exposure to different parts of the firm, different clients, and different products and engagements.
Experience & Knowledge:
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a professional role, with significant amount of this time focussed on climate change and climate risk, with a focus on climate risk data, MI, scenario expertise, and macro-economic data knowledge
• Experience in managing smaller teams of 2-5 people
• Understanding of the risks faced by financial services due to climate change and how they can be managed, measured, and integrated into banks risk management frameworks
• Knowledge and understanding of banking regulations in relation to climate risk
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies:
• Self-starter, with the ability and desire to do own research and apply existing climate risk expertise to the banking risk environment
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to lead diverse groups and develop strong networks
• Flexibility and agility to contribute to a broad range of banking risk engagements
• Strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively, with a practical solutions-driven approach
• Excellent stakeholder management skills, across individuals within the firm and our banking clients
The role of GSG is to work with C-level Executives to identify, structure and solve their most critical strategic issues across the economic and transaction cycles. As part of a fast-paced and dynamic group, our consultants offer strategic advice on financial, business and operating models to corporate, public sector and private equity clients. Our consultants also receive a superior level of training and coaching to enable them to meet the needs of our global client base.
We focus on four key propositions. Growth strategy, Deal strategy, Cost strategy and Enterprise-wide-transformation. The Financial Services team focuses on three specific sectors; banking, insurance and investment management.
We are looking for an experienced consultant to help develop and build our financial services practice in one of our three focus sectors, working alongside other partners and directors to develop and commercialise client relationships and lead engagement delivery across our core propositions.
Our Strategy Group is at the heart of the Firm's growth agenda to increase its penetration of boardrooms. The team works closely with colleagues across the other Strategy sector groups and broader advisory practices within the firm to build market profile, develop relationships and deliver work.
We are seeking an outstanding individual to enhance the existing Director group.
Key roles and responsibilities:
• Director appointments are made on the basis of demonstrated track record of leading large, multi-disciplinary transactions teams and building, sustaining and commercialising relationships with clients. As engagement leaders, Directors are expected to play a key role in the development of all aspects of the practice
• Engagement leadership: leading multiple large, complex engagements in ambiguous and rapidly changing environments
• Business development: building, commercialising and sustaining relationships with senior management teams for the benefit of the Firm. Leading strategy relationships with specific clients and developing propositions, focusing on specific themes and/or clients
• Risk management: managing risks appropriately and ensuring the Firm's risk management frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively
• Team development: identifying team development needs and accelerating development by establishing the appropriate plans and frameworks with particular emphasis on coaching and skills transfer
• Personal development: participating in the career and skills development of more junior staff and acting as a role model with colleagues and clients by living the values of the Firm
• Performance management: being responsible for coaching and performance management of a small number of more junior staff in the department
Required Skills and Qualifications:
To succeed in this varied and demanding role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• Strong academic background and Financial Services industry track record
• Extensive experience of delivering large and complex strategy and transformation engagements, including cross border and multi-disciplinary engagements, preferably with a significant proportion of this experience within either the banking, insurance or asset management sector
• Detailed knowledge of either the banking, insurance or asset management sector, with the ability to talk credibly to senior management at clients on the key issues facing the industry, potential implications and strategic considerations / options
• A thorough knowledge of the financial services operating environment and understanding of the strategies of our clients
• The ability to develop strong client relationships and a proven track record of developing and commercialising new relationships
• A commercial mind set, with the ability to maximise revenue opportunities for strategy and the wider firm
• A high degree of resilience and a willingness to work under extreme pressure in rapidly changing situations
• Strong personal impact, comfortable dealing with senior stakeholders
• Evidence of working successfully with senior management teams at clients
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
Our work requires a broad range of skills as we look after clients from a range of different markets and maturities. Previous Asset Management, Private Equity or Alternative Investments experience is required at this level, whether this is in-house or in practice. You will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge of the Asset Management industry and the taxation of the various corporate and fund structures to our client base.
At Director level, you will be responsible for originating work by spotting ideas and opportunities and converting them into a proposition. You will build new relationships with clients and develop existing relationships both inside and outside of the firm. You will demonstrate leadership both within the team and more broadly across the KPMG Tax & Legal capability.
We are looking for a Director to join our Core Asset Management Tax team in London.
You will be expected to participate in bringing new offerings to the market, helping to develop new areas, generating new clients and leads for Asset Management Tax and the broader tax practice. This role will have a particular focus on driving our relationships with Middle East clients and strengthening our UK-Middle East corridor. Experience in working with this geographic market and an existing network of contacts would be highly beneficial.
You will also be responsible for building a network across all capabilities of the Financial Services coverage group of the UK firm, generating leads from both the internal and external markets, and mentoring bright and enthusiastic members of the Core AM team.
Duties and Responsibilities
We are looking to recruit an experienced Director to our successful Core AM team in London. Alternative locations will also be considered on request.
The role will involve working on a range of clients and projects.
Be a key member of KPMG’s Core AM leadership team. You will be required to build and expand your network (internal and external) to generate work.
Lead the delivery of advice to a variety of clients demonstrating strong technical and risk management skills.
Expand the UK-Middle East International corridor, building a strong network of client contacts, identifying and promoting opportunities to build on our existing Core AM services and leveraging your relationships with the Middle East for the benefit of the wider T&L practice.
Enhance and build the advisory offering through developing and improving the skills of our people.
Delegate effectively, review work and have the ability to encourage and foster the development of the team members.
Identify potential risks (delivery and reputational) and deliver innovative and competitive solutions.
Recognise and develop opportunities to further grow the broader Core AM and FS Tax and Legal business.
Qualifications and Skills
Director candidates should have a proven technical track record but this is just a part of what we are looking for. In addition you should have:-
- Appropriate professional qualification e.g. ACA/ACCA/CTA or equivalent.
- Previous experience of working in management positions in significant Core AM / Financial Services Market facing leadership skills.
-Ideally, a proven track record of working with and building relationships with key FS clients in the Middle East.
- Ambition and drive that matches the ambition that we have for this business.
- A strong team ethic and the ability to grow resources and personally invest both within your immediate peer group but also more widely across the firm.
- Be a self-starter who sees the opportunity in this market to evolve the business strategy in line with the changing needs of our evolving client base.
- A passion for delivering exceptional service achieved by strength and depth of client relationships and a strong belief in the value of your chosen specialist area.
- Proven track record of building long term client relationships with high ranking senior executives and high net worth individuals, family offices and enterprises.
- Excellent technical specialist knowledge and expertise on a wider range of Core AM and shareholders matters and self-assessment including aspects relevant to international mobile senior executives.