I'm looking for
Search results for "Financial Services Assurance Services (FSAS)"
Manager - Financial Services Audit
Service Line: Audit
SOx and Financial Controls - Financial Services Consulting Manager
Service Line: FRM
Director - Financial Services - Strategy
Service Line: Strategy
IT Sourcing Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: MC Technology
Manager – Financial Services - Value Creation
Service Line: Transaction Services
Technology Risk Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: Connected Technology
KPMG is looking to consolidate its leading position within the Financial Services Audit sector by appointing talented and enthusiastic auditors into newly-created manager roles. This is a fast growing practise which is expected to grow further significantly in the next 3 to 5 years based on recent audit tender results. The department is made up of a large group of client facing staff delivering a range of audit and advisory engagements across a broad spectrum of clients.
Our Financial Services department in the South West Region delivers a range of audit and advisory engagements across a broad spectrum of clients. These clients include banks, building societies and insurance, leasing & investment management companies. The Department is spread across Bristol and Cardiff therefore, the successful candidates can be based in either location.
Our Bristol office is situated in Queen Square only a short walking distance from Temple Meads Station and is well placed for commuting by car or bicycle. Our staff work over 3 floors and the office has a lively cross-functional social scene. The office has the mix of working with big organisations whilst also maintaining that close-knit office environment. All offices have canteen facilities.
You will manage and deliver pensions audit engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in UK GAAP and the Pensions SORP. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, working with Trustees and scheme administrators, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include:
• To manage a portfolio of pensions audit engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of high quality audit engagements
• Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KPMG and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
• Providing coaching and guidance to both on-shore and off-shore staff working on your engagements
• Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
• Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
• Assist the Director in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
• Preparation of reports to senior management and Trustee boards
• Assist with business development opportunities. This would involve initial meetings, preparing proposal documents and presenting at pitches.
There will be opportunity and encouragement for additional responsibilities outside this day to day role, such as assisting with pensions-specific training courses for in-charges and audit assistants, involvement in local client events and taking on a performance manager role.
• Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
• Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment whilst working as a team with support from Partner, Directors, Senior Managers (where applicable) and in-charges
• Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing including applying this to the pensions sector
• Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation
• Project management techniques; this role will test and develop your expertise in decision-making, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
• Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge
• Well-developed understanding of the wider commercial background KPMG operates in demonstrating awareness of the issues facing our clients on a day to day basis
Qualifications and Skills
• Time and exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or country equivalent
• Sound working knowledge of UK GAAP and the Pensions SORP
• IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word
• Recent and significant experience as a Manager in an audit capacity within a top 10 accountancy firm
• Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK standards
• Significant audit experience for pension schemes
We have an opportunity for a Manager based in the Banking team in London
Role and Responsibilities:
As a Manager there will be opportunities to work on a variety of engagements for FS clients and your role will involve:
i. Drive and lead the day-to-day execution of Advisory Engagements (Sarbanes-Oxley assistance, Risk Assessments, Maturity Assessments, Internal Controls Diagnostics Reviews) for clients, including activities such as; Design and development of risk assessments, development of SOx/ICFR frameworks, testing plans, working papers, production of reports summarizing results, and other deliverables based on the specific engagement requirements.
ii. Serve as a coach and mentor and provide opportunities for on-the-job training for staff, as well as other team members.
iii. Work closely to develop and train our offshore team in SOx regulations and working practices
iv. Identify and clearly communicate issues and share best practices to client personnel and senior management.
v. Work with partners and directors to assist in practice management including resource allocation, career development of staff, and other administrative decisions.
vi. Support KPMG thought leadership communications by sharing and participating in the development and publication of best practice and thought leadership papers, including development of new service offerings and benchmarking.
vii. Develop and maintain a positive, productive, collaborative professional relationship with the client and engagement or project teams to provide well-coordinated and consistent high performance results
viii. Be responsible for risk management, financial management and other core administrative tasks in respect of engagements.
Skills, Qualification & Experience:
At KPMG, we think our people really stand out from the crowd. We are looking for equally exceptional people to join us, with the following skills and characteristics:
I. Experience in assurance, controls and / or corporate compliance-related experience, including consulting, auditing, risk management. Expertise can be in-house or in Industry. Experience should include performing external audits from the beginning of an engagement or project through completion or being part of a SOx404a assurance team in industry.
II. Experience of auditing or assuring banking (or boarder FS) processes such as credit, valuations, EIR, lending. Experience of US banks’ processes is desirable.
III. Knowledge of UK and US audit regulations
IV. Advanced problem solving and analytical skills with proven ability to use data effectively identify and resolve issues
V. Ability to identify deficiencies, observations and recommendations in respect of a wide range of financial processes
VI. Advanced risk, controls, accounting and / or information technology operations knowledge, as well as command of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, SOX, Committee of Sponsoring Organizations and/or Control Objectives for Information and related Technology control framework
VII. Previous experience leading teams and managing projects, and accustomed to taking an active role in executing engagements
VIII. Preferably ACA qualified (or equivalent)
• Experience in evaluating Design and Operating Effectiveness under Internal Controls Framework, ICFR assessment, and 404 experience in a Banking, or other financial services environment.
• Prior experience in Consulting is desirable
• Prior experience with a Big 4 is desirable.
The role of GSG is to work with C-level Executives to identify, structure and solve their most critical strategic issues across the economic and transaction cycles. As part of a fast-paced and dynamic group, our consultants offer strategic advice on financial, business and operating models to corporate, public sector and private equity clients. Our consultants also receive a superior level of training and coaching to enable them to meet the needs of our global client base.
We focus on four key propositions. Growth strategy, Deal strategy, Cost strategy and Enterprise-wide-transformation. The Financial Services team focuses on three specific sectors; banking, insurance and investment management.
We are looking for an experienced consultant to help develop and build our financial services practice in one of our three focus sectors, working alongside other partners and directors to develop and commercialise client relationships and lead engagement delivery across our core propositions.
Our Strategy Group is at the heart of the Firm's growth agenda to increase its penetration of boardrooms. The team works closely with colleagues across the other Strategy sector groups and broader advisory practices within the firm to build market profile, develop relationships and deliver work.
We are seeking an outstanding individual to enhance the existing Director group.
Key roles and responsibilities:
• Director appointments are made on the basis of demonstrated track record of leading large, multi-disciplinary transactions teams and building, sustaining and commercialising relationships with clients. As engagement leaders, Directors are expected to play a key role in the development of all aspects of the practice
• Engagement leadership: leading multiple large, complex engagements in ambiguous and rapidly changing environments
• Business development: building, commercialising and sustaining relationships with senior management teams for the benefit of the Firm. Leading strategy relationships with specific clients and developing propositions, focusing on specific themes and/or clients
• Risk management: managing risks appropriately and ensuring the Firm's risk management frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively
• Team development: identifying team development needs and accelerating development by establishing the appropriate plans and frameworks with particular emphasis on coaching and skills transfer
• Personal development: participating in the career and skills development of more junior staff and acting as a role model with colleagues and clients by living the values of the Firm
• Performance management: being responsible for coaching and performance management of a small number of more junior staff in the department
Required Skills and Qualifications:
To succeed in this varied and demanding role you will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
• Strong academic background and Financial Services industry track record
• Extensive experience of delivering large and complex strategy and transformation engagements, including cross border and multi-disciplinary engagements, preferably with a significant proportion of this experience within either the banking, insurance or asset management sector
• Detailed knowledge of either the banking, insurance or asset management sector, with the ability to talk credibly to senior management at clients on the key issues facing the industry, potential implications and strategic considerations / options
• A thorough knowledge of the financial services operating environment and understanding of the strategies of our clients
• The ability to develop strong client relationships and a proven track record of developing and commercialising new relationships
• A commercial mind set, with the ability to maximise revenue opportunities for strategy and the wider firm
• A high degree of resilience and a willingness to work under extreme pressure in rapidly changing situations
• Strong personal impact, comfortable dealing with senior stakeholders
• Evidence of working successfully with senior management teams at clients
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Developing lasting client relationships and actively building a network and range of experience to help address client needs
- Provide compelling and well thought out solutions to our clients’ sourcing challengesYou will join a great team and take a proactive role in delivering engagements to senior staff within our clients. You will have the opportunity to provide advice across the Technology sourcing and IT transformation lifecycle from sourcing strategy, operating model development, procurement and transition, in to post deal services and contract value assurance.
Typical client delivery work will include the following activities:
- Leading the development of proposed operating models, sourcing strategies, roadmaps, implementation plans and robust business cases for the functional areas of IT and transformational change programmes
- Assisting clients through the supplier selection process through to procurement and contract signature.
- Leading the development of planned service scope, service levels and establishing the contract and service delivery governance framework for future state operations.
- Supporting the client through the service transition and IT operating model transformation process. Taking on key roles overseeing and managing transformation and transition activities.
- Leading post-contract governance activities including the design of the retained organisation and transition to new ways of working.
- Conducting value assurance reviews of existing service agreements
- Anticipates the viewpoint of others, listens and addresses concerns
- Builds co-operative relationships and fosters an environment in which everyone’s opinion is valued
- Provides on-going feedback, coaching and mentoring that supports individuals development needs and career aspirations
- Proactively engages in cross-functional communications and sharing of information.
- This role is based within our Financial Services sector however, sector experience is less relevant and we are specifically interested in meeting you if you have the IT sourcing skill-set and capabilities (across the sourcing life-cycle) and with the following backgrounds:
- Industry: sourcing or procurement experience, working in a FTSE 250 organisation.
- Service provider: experience in a service provider environment, typical roles might include Service Delivery Manager, Transition Manager, Solution Manager.
- Consultancy: experience in IT/Sourcing/Service Management.
- A demonstrable knowledge of the content of outsourcing contracts, best practice in this area and the process for negotiating a sourcing contract.
- A demonstrable knowledge of how technology sourcing and operating models need to adapt as a result of the impact of recent technology changes such as, but not restricted to, Cloud, Agile or Automation
- Experience of system selection, primarily ERP or finance systems.
- Good foundation and understanding of the IT Function of a large organisation.
Sound knowledge of one or more of the following services is desirable:
- Infrastructure cloud wrapper
- Hybrid technology / IT skills
- Digital workplace
- Networks and NGN
- DevOps AM
- Operating model and process design
The Deal Strategy and Value Creation team – part of KPMG Deal Advisory (~£450m revenue; ~2,500 professionals) – is developing an innovative Value Creation proposition to support investors, shareholders and C-suite throughout the ownership cycle of a Business. This proposition provides our Private Equity and Corporate clients with a holistic, integrated portfolio of implementable value creation opportunities in all deal situations (pre-deal, post-deal, buyside and sellside), underpinned by advanced data analytics, industry insights, strategic and operational capabilities and execution experience.
This team is a cross functional (commercial, operational and digital), agile practice that operates to architect and deliver value creation by bringing to bear the vast array of capabilities available inside the practice as well as the wider KPMG Advisory business (including Customer Experience, Pricing, Cost, Digital Transformation, ESG and Integration & Separation among others).
This role is ideal for analytical and intellectually curious individuals that thrive in a fast-paced Deals environment and want to develop and operate with an investor mindset.
Role and responsibilities
To be an effective Manager within our Strategy & Value Creation team, applicants will be expected to:
Support and take responsibility for leading day to day delivery, working directly with Partners and Associate Partners
Translate the client brief into manageable work streams
Lead hypothesis generation, data analyses, manage data requests, complex storyboarding, conduct client and SME interviews, and shape the overall problem-solving approach to develop insights and recommendations
Manage, coordinate and inspire other members of the team, providing coaching, direction and constructive feedback
Work collaboratively with a range of practitioners within the Strategy and Value Creation team and wider KPMG advisory team
Ensure quality control and consulting best-practices adoption (analytical accuracy, best-in-class data insights, infographics, reports and written/verbal delivery)
Interact with the senior client team credibly and effectively
Support client development activity including thought leadership, pitches preparation and proposals writing
Understand risk and ensure the Firm’s risk management frameworks are adhered to
Ability & willingness to travel when necessary
Experience of working on Commercial Due Diligence, strategic reviews, performance improvement and value creation assignments for:
Strategy House, strategy or Deals strategy arm of a Big 4 or other consulting firms
Private Equity or Corporate Development arm of a Financial Services organisation
Experience and understanding of commercial strategy, industry economics, trends and performance drivers of financial services sub-sectors such as retail and SME banking, consumer and SME lending, wealth management, Insurance and FinTech
Commercial Due Diligence and/ or value creation/performance improvement engagements, working with both Private Equity and/or Financial Institutions is essential
Understanding of the deal lifecycle (pre-deal, deal and post-deal) with proven understanding of project delivery, value identification and deal execution
High-quality storyboarding and written/oral presentation skills with impact, competent in presenting ideas clearly, convincingly to influence senior stakeholders and possessing personal presence, with the ability to earn trust and respect
Ability to multi-task effectively and balance time between project deliver, proposition development, coaching / training, and business development support effectively
Proven management of teams, developing talent, developing and delivery of training materials
Evidence of strong problem-solving, quantitative and analytical capabilities
Structured thinking skills combined with creativity (‘both brains’ thinking)
Versatility and desire to be involved in a variety of client engagements and a learning mind-set
Excellent English written and oral communication skills; other language skills would be a strong bonus
Working knowledge of Alteryx, PowerBI and Tableau a plus
• Developing lasting client relationships and actively building a network and range of experience to help address client needs
• Provide compelling and well thought out solutions to problems of moderate complexity
• Manage and shape the delivery of technology risk consulting services to financial services clients, demonstrate professional scepticism and focus on the management and mitigation of existing and emerging technology risks.
• Assist with planning, scoping, delivery, risk management, production, review and end to end delivery of deliverables to clients.
• Support business development initiatives including identifying, qualifying and pursuing revenue generating opportunities, preparing proposals and attending pitches.
• Support and influence service offering development, operations, training and knowledge management.
• Build and maintain lasting relationships with FS clients (CIO, Head of Technology Risk, CRO, Head of Information Security, COO).
• Coach and develop junior members of the team with a focus on producing quality outputs.
• Seek out challenges and demonstrate and share industry / technical expertise.
• Strive to be positioned as a Technology Risk Management expert within the FS sector.
• Anticipates the viewpoint of others, listens and addresses concerns
• Builds co-operative relationships and fosters an environment in which everyone’s opinion is valued
• Provides on-going feedback, coaching and mentoring that supports individuals development needs and career aspirations
• Proactively engages in cross-functional communications and sharing of information.
• Proven experience of successfully managing and delivering large IT risk and controls testing projects within a Big 4 firm, large consultancy or FS institution
• Recognised technology governance & management, accounting / auditing (e.g. CISA, CRISC, CGEIT, COBIT etc.) / risk qualifications
• Degree/masters qualification in IT, Computer Science, Business
Experience / Skills
• Experience of managing Technology Risk Consulting projects within the FS sector
• Experience of working in teams
• Experience of managing business and IT stakeholders from across the business and all levels of seniority
• Ability to identify and assess complex existing and emerging technology risks, relate them to the wider business context and express opinions clearly
• Understanding of risks and controls relating to the governance and management of enterprise IT
• Understanding of the FS sector – business processes / products / keys risks / UK and EU regulatory framework
• Understanding of technology platforms and existing and emerging technology risks (e.g. Cyber, Cloud, Outsourcing, 3rd Parties, Data Privacy, Resilience, Robotics etc.)
• Knowledge of IT infrastructure, servers, operating systems, databases, networking, security concepts and technologies
• Proven leadership skills
• Ability to present on specific subjects to a large audiences
• Proven analytical skills and ability to adapt to changing circumstances
• Business development experience (e.g. involvement in large tenders / proposals)
• Proven track record of compliance with quality standards, ability to balance timeous delivery with appropriate levels of quality and compliance
• Aptitude for embracing and adapting to new technologies and challenges
• Proven commercial acumen
• Ability to identify opportunities to add value to clients and work with colleagues in other areas of the business to solve client challenges
• Ability to work flexibly to accommodate tight timelines and excel under pressure
• Experience of fee negotiations and negotiating scope changes