I'm looking for
Search results for "IT Services (ITS)"
IT Audit Assistant Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: Audit
IT Audit Senior Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: Audit
IT Audit Manager
Service Line: Audit
Immigration - Assistant Manager - Legal Services
Service Line: People
Operations & Value Creation - Financial Services - Manager
Service Line: Transaction Services
Within the FS IT Audit team, a large amount of our work involves providing consultancy, advice, assurance and attestation to clients on their IT systems and processes, IT risks, IT controls and IT projects. This work is delivered through standalone assignments, or as part of broader multi-disciplinary projects.
• Delivery of value-added technology risk consulting and assurance services to financial services clients
• Responsibility for the overall output from client engagements
• Scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production and review of deliverables
• Building and managing excellent client relationships (typically at CIO / project sponsor level)
• Actively identifying and progressing business development opportunities, as well as managing sales activities such as proposal writing and assisting with client presentations
• Coaching and developing team members on engagements
Experience and Background
• Proven experience of successfully delivering technology risk services & External Audit to financial services industry clients
• Prove experience in IT External Audit and understanding of core business processes within financial services
• Experience of core financial services systems - including transaction processing and financial ledger systems
• A good understanding of technology platforms
• Experience in leading sub teams and developing junior team members
• Ability to present on specific subjects to a large group of people
• Experience in identifying and assessing complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly too all levels
• Ability to develop excellent client and internal relationships
• Ability to deliver work within tight timescales, to budget and to a high quality
• Proven experience in IT General Controls (ITGC)
Within the FS IT Audit team, our work involves providing consultancy, assurance, advice and attestation to clients on their IT systems and processes. Our focus is on IT risk management, IT controls testing, IT project assurance, and the technology and data aspects of regulation. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, large scale consulting projects and as part of external and internal audit engagements.
• Work with Partners and Directors in delivering technology risk services with an emphasis on Internal Audit services to the Insurance sector.
• Take responsibility for a large portfolio of audit clients (Internal audit) and deliver IT audit services to this portfolio to time, budget and quality.
• Taking responsibility for the overall output from client engagements including scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production, quality and review of deliverables.
• The role holder will also need to generate new work for the team through actively leading sales and proposal activity within the insurance market with the leadership team and insurance markets group.
• Building and maintaining excellent relationships across a range of clients and prospects.
• Participating in service line development, reporting to the service line leader on progress of development, sales and delivery.
• Developing internal networks and maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, in particular in the wider IT Advisory practice.
• Coaching, mentoring and developing team members, both on and off engagements (e.g. setting goals and appraising performance), and contributing to practice management (e.g. training and knowledge sharing).
Experience and Background
• Proven experience in an IT risk and control / audit environment and managing a large IT External Audit portfolio.
• Able to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly.
• Strong project management skills including being able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, to manage teams effectively, and to deliver projects on time and to budget.
• Able to add value to assignments through an analytical approach to work, and adept at challenging existing processes to identify and implement smarter ways of working.
• Able to develop excellent client and internal relationships at all levels of seniority.
• Proficient at creating and delivering captivating presentations to audiences comprising groups of clients, prospects and/or internal staff.
• Able to motivate and lead teams of up to 5 people and also work on own initiative.
• Experience in business analysis and understanding of core business processes within a financial services environment.
• Experience of auditing application controls for a range of business processes within a financial services environment.
• Work with Partners and Directors in delivering IT External Audit to the Financial Services and Corporates sector
• Lead small teams of consultants and auditors in delivering technology risk services & IT External Audit to the Financial Services & Corporates sector
• Take responsibility for a portfolio of audit clients (external audit) and deliver IT audit services to this portfolio to time, budget and quality
• Assume ownership of key client relationships and identify revenue-generating opportunities with specific clients
• Developing compelling services and solutions to technology-risk related issues faced by insurers
• Build and develop relationships with key Financial Service & Corporates market contacts (inc CIO, Head of Information Security, Head of IT Audit, COO)
• Oversight of delivery of IT advisory and audit projects, including coaching of junior staff and delivery of training on IT risk and control
Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
• Experience of working within Big 4 professional services or dynamic IT consultancy environment within Financial Services or Corporates sector
• Experience in managing the delivery of IT External Audits in the Financial Services & Corporates sector.
• Experience in business analysis and understanding of core business processes within financial services and corporates clients
• Experience of performing IT External Audits on core financial services systems - including transaction processing and financial ledger systems
• Experience in identifying and assessing complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly to all levels
• Experience in IT General Controls (ITGC)
You will primarily be working within the Legal Services Immigration
department, as part of the KBS Immigration team (Internal Account) within the
You will be based out of our Watford office with travel to our
other KPMG offices as required. You will be undertaking advisory and
administrative support for KPMG internal immigration cases. You will also be
required to provide guidance and advice to the RTW admin team where required.
Key responsibilities include:
· Undertaking KPMG internal immigration
cases, mainly in the following categories:
o Tier 2 (General)
o Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer)
o Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
o Spousal visas
o PBS Dependant visas
· Liaising closely with KPMG employees,
HR and Global Mobility contacts during the application process
· Answering a wide variety of ad hoc
queries covering areas such as right to work, sponsor compliance and document
· Managing cases with varying
levels of complexity
· Project managing and advising the
business on group moves
· Ensuring all cases are handled with
accuracy and expedience
· Keeping up to date with changes to the
global immigration landscape
· Keeping all internal systems up to date
in real time
· Provide immigration training to a
variety of stakeholders across the business, as required
· Responsible for supervising junior the
KBS immigration team members
Whilst working with the Right to Work team you will be responsible
for ensuring the right to work and visa processes within the People Operations
team are followed, maintained and kept compliant. You will take ownership and act as the key
contact for all queries and actions necessary to support the Firm’s employee’s right
to work whilst ensuring we deliver an exceptional level of service in
accordance to tight timescales. Guidance and advice should be sought from your
· Proactively develop strong and enduring relationships with key
stakeholders – including business contacts, internal HR teams, external
stakeholders and associates.
· Proactively work to educate both the RTW admin team, COE’s and the
business on the visa immigration process
· Have the ability to take a logical and systematic approach to
issues, thinking outside of the box and weighing up all options available to
make an informed decision.
· Work as part of a team within neighbouring People Centre of
Excellence teams and the business to ensure a smooth and seamless service is
given to the new and existing colleagues.
· Liaise with international HR contacts to support the visa process
for transferring employees.
· Hold a good understanding of the visa process and different tiers
of right to work
· Manage high volumes of case work independently
· Ensuring system compliance using the relevant reporting and
· Prioritise workload in accordance to urgency and adhere to agreed
SLA’s and KPI’s.
· Manage high volumes of queries independently,
· Ability to draft non-standard communication,
· Ability to influence, whilst educating the business with
· Take a commercial, considered stance to risk assessment linking in
with the compliance teams and escalating issues as appropriate to a HR Business
Advisor before escalation to the relevant CoE;
Right to Work Maintenance
· Quality assurance tasks including; frequent audits of RTW
documents and Compliance files
· Ensuring work is accurate first time and that all legal
requirements are met
· Incident resolution and prevention activity
Contributing to the team and People Function
· Coach new joiners on key processes and approaches, providing
guidance as appropriate;
· Share knowledge and experience proactively across the team and be
recognised as a team player;
· Manage workload and own diary;
· Take part in and contribute to functional and KPMG wide projects;
· Take a personal responsibility to continuously improve and
streamline the quality of right to work and visa tasks and own personal
· Take a personal responsibility to adhere to our ISO standards
· Keeping the Firm free from risk
It is expected that you will have at least 3 years of recent and
extensive immigration experience within a large organisation or mid-tier
immigration firm and can demonstrate strong administration skills.
· Have an ability to build relationships and communicate with people
at all levels;
· High levels of resilience, with experience of working in a highly
pressurised client centric environment;
· Effectively work with minimal supervision;
· Possess excellent attention to detail;
· Be an excellent communicator – written and verbal;
· Have strong organisational, literacy and numeracy skills;
· Ability to prioritise task list;
· Have a good degree of IT proficiency, including; Microsoft Excel
and SAP or equivalent HR system.
· Awareness and understanding of the Professional Services industry
· Awareness and strong understanding of Immigration law
· Experience in managing junior team members
· Strong project management techniques
KPMG’s Advisory business, one of three major units within KPMG (along with Audit and Tax), generates approximately £1.95bn per year and has 11,000 employees in the UK alone. Deal Advisory represents approximately £394m of revenues for Advisory, and comprises a number of specialist teams including M&A, Restructuring, and Transaction Services.
The FS OVC team is a market-leading provider of deal advice to a wide range of Private Equity and Financial Services businesses in their transactions through the provision of buy and sell side due diligence, integration and separation, and joint venture advice. The team sits within the wider OVC team, a newly formed team within TS with a focus on proactive deal value creation. We use a combination of analytics and subject matter experience to provide insights around how a buyer or seller can get value from the target business. The team is looking to grow its capability in the Financial Services Operational due Diligence and Private Equity Value Creation space and is embarking on a significant expansion plan for FY19.
We are looking for high calibre candidates to join our team and be part of the exciting growth plans we have for this area of the business.
- Lead OVC projects from start to finish in a deal environment, including:
- Carve-outs and standalone costs bases
- Buy-side and sell-side cost optimisation and value creation
- Cost models and scenario analysis
-�Business plan support and synergy assessments
- TSA commercials and options analysis
- Target Operating Model (‘TOM’) design
- Cost base and operational scalability assessments
- Cost reduction/synergy execution support
- Operational scaling to support business model growth strategy
- Pre IPO/disposal value creation through operations and cost optimisation
- Lead the creation of value-added insights, which tie to the client’s strategic and business growth ambitions, including identifying the underlying value drivers and challenging their investment thesis.
- Act as the day-to-day, full-time project manager to help ensure successful problem formulation, hypotheses generation, comprehensive analysis in testing hypotheses, and problem resolution.
- Ensure quality of output, co-ordinate and prepare the content for client delivery, including review with client and/or other advisors.
- Provide oversight of skilled KPMG work teams throughout the project lifecycle and serve as the primary team interface with various levels of executives and team members.
- Maintain responsibility for risk management on engagements and liaise with the client lead/KPMG partners.
- Understand the broader Advisory service capabilities and offerings, for example, Management Consulting and Restructuring, and leverage their specialist insights to ensure our clients get the best level of advice and support.
- When you are not working on a project, you will take a lead role in business development and will lead the preparation, development, and delivery of proposals.
- Support the professional development of the FS OVC team.
- Strong experience in an Advisory related discipline at a Big 4 firm, major strategy firm, or boutique firm ideally within a deals environment. A banking in-house cost reduction or transformation programme specialist.
- Experience in at least one of the following Advisory areas: Transaction Services, Operational and Corporate Performance Improvement, Restructuring and Turnaround, Strategic Growth, or other significant strategy experience.
- Demonstrate an interest for and deep knowledge of financial services.
- Bachelor's degree qualification.
- ACA or equivalent qualification preferable.
- Strong business acumen, with analytical and problem solving skills and ability to understand how operating model decisions impact value.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and the ability to analyse data at deal speed to provide robust and insightful client deliverables.
- Ability to adapt and work in a high-paced, exciting deal environment.
- Desire to travel internationally.
- Fluency in a European language (not essential)