I'm looking for
Search results for "IT Services (ITS)"
Manager, Technical Accounting Advisory Financial Services - Birmingham
Service Line: Audit
Associate Director - Climate Risk & Strategy - Transactional Services
Service Line: Transaction Services
Manager - Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Senior Manager Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Platform Security Manager
Service Line: IHQ
Technology HR Business Partner
Service Line: People
Work as a key member of our growing Financial Services Accounting Advisory Services (FSAS) team based in Birmingham. The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range of areas. Engagements focus on the application of technical accounting – in particular providing financial instrument accounting advice (including hedge accounting), accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training – often working as part of cross-functional teams including FSAS London, FSAS Regulatory, Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Risk Management, Audit, Tax and Forensics.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants to work at Manager level to continue to extend the depth and breadth of financial services accounting based services in our Birmingham office, in the areas listed above and beyond.
- Managing the delivery of live accounting advisory client engagements and leading technical accounting work streams of larger multi-disciplinary engagements
- Providing subject matter expertise on technical accounting as well as practical implications relating to new accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16)
- Reviewing technical accounting and risk interpretations related to new accounting standards prepared by clients (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16), provide challenge and recommendations
- Respond to clients’ and audit teams’ ad-hoc accounting queries related to financial instruments
- Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
- Managing and mentoring engagement team members
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals
- Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA or international equivalent qualification)
- Must be able demonstrate strong technical accounting experience with IFRS, especially related to financial instruments (IAS 32, IAS 39 (including hedge accounting), IFRS 7 and IFRS 9)
- Must have previous financial sector experience – for example, working with building societies, other mutuals, intermediaries or banks
- Must be able to demonstrate strong experience with recent developments in accounting, in particular IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
- Must have experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
- Must have experience of managing teams and project management
Are you looking for an exciting career at the cutting edge of KPMG’s response to the global agenda on climate change?
Do you want to work in a lively and energetic environment where you will have the opportunity to shape a brand new proposition and advise on some of the biggest structural shifts the world has ever seen with a range of FTSE clients?
If so, then consider joining us in KPMG’s newly established Climate Risk & Decarbonisation Strategy team. Led by Simon Weaver and Bridget Beals, the Climate Risk and Decarbonisation Strategy team has been formed to help our clients respond to the immense challenges posed by climate change, assisting them to identify and quantify climate risks to their business to meet regulatory, investor and stakeholder demands; analyse and assess the range of mitigation and adaptation strategies available to them to mitigate the risks; implement the strategies; and, finally, embed the risk, strategy, targets and governance into financial reporting, helping to pave the way to a low carbon economy.
We have a vision for every Board to consider climate change in their Enterprise Risk Management. So far, we have focused on FTSE250 Boards with really positive results – we are already responding to several RFPs and are having bilateral conversations with respect to scopes of work with 5 other major listed corporates. This is hugely encouraging as we pursue our ambition of delivering £140m of profit with purpose for KPMG by 2025.
The successful candidates will work across multiple engagements managing the delivery of key outputs relating to the different facets of our proposition and shaping our future propositions.
We are looking for hires who can provide the perfect combination of passion, dynamism, enthusiasm, capability, accountability, and above all the ability to be a great team player.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
Managing and actively originating Climate Risk and Decarbonisation Strategy engagements by:
- Building and maintaining relationships with target clients and key market constituents
- Proactive and highly tangible sector mapping to identify targets and new opportunities
- Managing delivery of several engagements on a day to day basis and managing medium to large size projects or work streams
- Being responsible for the quality of deliverables produced, including qualitative and quantitative analysis as well as written and verbal advice
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge
- Effective management, coaching and mentoring of junior staff
- Ensuring internal and external compliance procedures are adhered to
- Developing the team culture and inspiring and empowering team members to be the best
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
Please send your CV with a cover letter of no more than 2 pages explaining:
1. Why you want to work in Climate Risk & Decarbonisation Strategy
2. The skills you would bring to the team and why you think they are important for the team to have
3. Anything else you think is relevant to your application
Work as a key member of the growing Accounting Advisory Services team.The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range ofareas. Projects focus on the application of technical accounting – inparticular accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, preparation offinancial statements or carve out accounts, merger and acquisition activity,implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training –often working as part of cross-functional teams including Transaction Services,Corporate Finance, Audit and Tax.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants to continue to extend the depthand breadth of accounting based services, in the areas listed above andbeyond.
Management of client accounting related engagements, leading small teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams.
Providing accounting support including reports and presentations to client issues relating to IFRS, US GAAP and UK GAAP (FRS101/FRS 102/UK Companies Act 2006).
Assessing the impact of recently adopted and new accounting standards (primarily IFRS 9, IFRS 10, IFRS 11, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16).
Supporting transaction teams with IFRS 3 analysis and model reviews with relevant accounting frameworks.
Providing accounting support to identify implications of business reorganisation plans.
Assessing the accounting impact of any change in the operation of an organisation.
Ad hoc accounting support including development and delivery of training and reports based on relevant client needs.
People management and performance development.
Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals.
Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities.
Qualifications and Skills required:
Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
Technical accounting experience with IFRS
UK GAAP and Companies Law knowledge
Experience with recent developments in accounting, including IFRSs 9, 15 and 16 within a corporate accounting advisory role
Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
Experience of managing teams and project management
Experience working as an Accounting Advisory Manager in a Top 10 Audit firm working within large corporate sectors
Business development experience including generating sales with new clients and developing internal networks
Analytical ability and attention to detail
Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Management of client accounting related engagements, leading teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams
· Ownership and delivery of quality, efficient and profitable engagements.
· Technical accounting skills equivalent to a subject matter expert on specific topics.
· Lead business development effort in a sector and for Accounting Advisory service line.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with senior client staff.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with other departments with whom AAS works closely e.g. tax, deal advisory.
· Deliver compelling engagement proposals which result in winning engagements.
· Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
· Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
· Motivate and generate commitment from team members.
· Demonstrate continuous self and team development.
· Share knowledge with the team.
· Actively contribute to Accounting Advisory Services strategy, team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.
Key Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
· Experience in an accounting advisory function within large Corporate business sector
· Technical accounting experience with IFRS
· Technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP and Companies Act knowledge
· Experience with recent developments in accounting IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
· Experience in leading and developing client relationships within Corporate Sector
· Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
· Experience of leading teams and project management
· Experience of coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
· Analytical ability and attention to detail
· Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
ITS Global (Information Technology Services Global) is one of four pillars within KPMG’s Global Technology & Knowledge group. As such, ITS Global provides innovative components that KPMG’s business functions and member firms use to deliver client-facing solutions. ITS Global also provides the information protection and technology infrastructure that secures KPMG’s technology environment and connects its network of member firms. ITS Global works with the other GT&K pillars to provide KPMG technology solutions that leverage world-leading partnerships, disruptive digital capabilities, and access to the firm’s collective intelligence.
KPMG’s Global Security Operations Centre (GSOC) helps defend KPMG and its clients from cyber attack through timely detection, investigation, and remediation of potential threats. The Platform Security Manager is responsible for overseeing the delivery of all services provided by GSOC Engineering, working collaboratively with a variety of service stakeholders and vendors identifying improvements, driving efficiency, and ensuring effective performance. Deputy GSOC Infrastructure Services Manager, reporting to GSOC Infrastructure Services Manager, will be part of a team working in a fast-paced environment driving enablement, performance, service maturity, and reliability of the GSOC infrastructure services on Physical and Cloud platforms, as well as all service components associated with the services provided by the GSOC.
•Responsible for timely management of GSOC infrastructure services and projects by creating timelines, adhering to budgets, and assigning staff members.
•Responsible for defining and implementing an overarching service strategy consistent with ITIL Version 3 practices integrated into the GSOC Service Management framework.
•Coordinate with various vendors, other KPMG teams, and business stakeholders on work related to design and setup activities at different stages of a technical project.
•Custodian of all the necessary documentation for all system designs, builds, and modifications.
•Manages and assesses the performance of personnel
•Responsible for coordination and delivery of user training and training material.
•Adhere to strict Service Level Agreements for fault resolutions and service requests completions.
•Maintain a good working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends
•Identify, liaise and, manage any escalated faults with third-party suppliers for major incidents, network improvements, or correction of recurring problems.
•Ensure work is completed in such a way that complies with established compliance, privacy, and security controls.
•Responsible for mapping the technical road map of all infrastructure services within the GSOC.
•Manage a dossier on all vendors within the GSOC, with recommendations of suitability of the technology sets and providing solutions, both tactical and strategic, for the GSOC.
Technical Skills & Qualifications
•Demonstrable experience as a manager responsible for managing complex technical environments operational on a global scale.
•Solid understanding of log management (format, storage, transport, etc.) and different types of log sources.
•Proven ability with RSA SecOps and Security Analytics is essential. Ability in other SOC applications is highly desirable.
•Experience of Azure and O365 management and security logging capabilities.
•Understanding of content management and writing detection logic on SIEM platforms.
•Understanding of security vulnerabilities in common operating systems, web, and applications, including knowledge of remediation procedures.
•Solid technical background in a hosted services environment - physical and cloud infrastructure, networks, hardware, and software.
•Experience with using automated monitoring tools.
•System administration and ITIL processes experience is essential so that the GSOC can operate smoothly within the KPMG Global CM ITIL methodology.
•Broad understanding of the roles of and relationships between infrastructure typical in a corporate IT environment including authentication technologies, servers, storage arrays, backup technologies, web applications, email/ calendaring/messaging services, voice applications, etc.
Description of Level of Qualifications:
•Bachelor’s degree in a related field (i.e., Computer Science) or equivalent experience. Master’s degree or MBA a plus.
•Multiyear experience with IT Architecture and with organisations similar to KPMG (international, services companies).
•Confidence in dealing with staff, managers, and partners across the firm.
•Good knowledge of regional issues and structures, ability to work with people from many different cultural backgrounds.
Experience & Knowledge
•Experience with performing analytical and strategic thinking, and of moving strategic plans into action.
•Experienced with IT architecture development.
•Experienced with IT development.
•Experience in working independently or as a member of various project teams, personally managing their own work packages.
•Experience with interacting with all levels of the organisation (from junior staff to senior executives).
•Experience with working effectively with a distributed international team, across cultures and time zones with minimal supervision.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Purpose of Role
To act as the primary point of contact for assigned internal client group(s), managing and delivering an outstanding HR business service to clients supporting the annual calendar or events and the relevant business strategy. Also acts as a key facilitator and enabler of the matrixed organisation and a driver of change.
Major Functions / Accountabilities
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal clients, specifically with the Performance Group Leader (PGL), People Partner, Service Line Partners, Head of Performance & Operations (HoPO) and, via the HoPO, the Performance Leaders.
- Develop a deep understanding of the client group, e.g., what they do, the commercial levers, their strategic priorities, pipelines of potential work etc.) to deliver the best service possible.
- Provide support, trusted advice and challenge to clients.
- Partner with colleagues from the wider Performance Group Operations teams (Finance, Resourcing etc.) to drive activities for the business.
Delivery of people strategy / performance group people plan and annual People Calendar:
- Working with the relevant PGL/Leader, People Partner and HoPO, provide input to form or inform the strategic people plan based on knowledge, needs and analysis of the client group.
- Work with leaders within your performance group to roll out that plan and monitor its progress.
- Operate autonomously within the parameters of the agreed people plan to deliver the requirements of the function, with oversight from HR Lead.
- Analyse management information to identify themes and trends, suggest HR interventions to address accordingly.
- Be a champion of KPMG’s culture, values, behaviours and IDSE (Inclusion, Diversity and Social Equality) agenda in all activities building understanding and confidence within the client group.
- Act as a role model and influencer for change initiatives, proactively driving the internal client forward using a range of change management techniques to achieve their desired initiatives.
- Manage the consistent delivery of the people calendar (includes GPS, performance management, salary and bonus, promotions and talent review cycles) in accordance with the KPMG guidelines and the client group’s people plan.
- Work with People Function CoEs and People Operations colleagues to ensure HR policy is implemented consistently and effectively.
- Work closely with People Partner, HoPO and the Recruitment and Resourcing teams to ensure that they understand the future requirements of the client group at all levels, including Graduate/Student recruitment.
- Advise on the structure of packages to be offered to new hires.
- Challenge around IDSE in hiring of external talent.
- Provide trusted strategic and operational advice to Leadership and HoPOs on HR matters.
- Working with the HR Advisory Team, support their resolution of highly complex and/or high risk people issues and flag high risk issues to HR Lead as appropriate.
- Provide coaching support to others (e.g. Performance Leaders and other business leaders) in effective people management.
- Provide HR support in firm-wide restructuring / acquisitions / ER initiatives (where applicable).
- Proactive collaboration with other HRBPs to facilitate and enable the matrixed organisation:
- Liaise with other HRBPs within your specific client HRBP team to ensure a shared understanding of the strategic priorities and to enable synergies across the relevant client group.
- Liaise with the other HRBPs in the People function to drive consistency across the business and to share best practice.
- Liaise with other People Function teams, e.g., Recruitment and Learning, to provide a seamless service to the client group on strategic projects and calendar processes.
- Manage, mentor, co-ordinate and motivate the HRBP team, ensuring delivery of first class support (through annual objective setting, regular performance reviews, work allocation, coaching, etc.).
- Foster Project Management skills in HRBPs.
- Lead the delivery of HR projects / change initiatives to support KPMG’s people strategy and the function people plan.
Key Metrics & Measures
- MI, e.g., Attrition.
- Client feedback (Whilst the line report is into the people function, the key source of feedback is the client group).
- Delivery of projects / change initiatives (effectiveness, timeliness and quality).
- Successful completion of HR Calendar activities.
- Employee engagement, GPS/Pulse score for client group.
- Inclusion and diversity target zones for client group.
- Quality and timeliness of advice.
- Satisfactory resolution of complex ER cases.
- Feedback from colleagues in the People Function.
Key Behaviours & Skills
- Deep and broad HR knowledge (CIPD qualification or equivalent).
- Demonstrable commercial acumen and understanding of the business.
- Strategic thinker and ability to translate business needs into people plans.
- Ability to work autonomously to deliver agreed people plans.
- Ability to inspire and lead other HRBPs to deliver people plans.
- Strong client relationships and influencing skills to establish credibility.
- Honed collaboration skills, understanding how to operate in a complex, matrixed organisation.
- Project management experience of large scale / cross-functional activities.
- Confidence in presenting to Partners and Performance Group leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment with senior level leaders.
- Data orientated with proven experience of using data to influence client initiatives and actions.
- Knowledge, and use, of a range of change management techniques.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and strong delivery focus.
- Developed mind-set for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding client expectations.
- Management, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent IT skills (advanced Excel and PowerPoint).
- Performance Group Leader.
- Partners in Performance Group.
- Head of Performance and Operations (HoPO).
- People Partner.
- Performance Leaders (PL).
This role reports to the HR Lead.