I'm looking for
Search results for "Infrastructure Advisory Group"
Associate Director - Asset Management - Infrastructure
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Associate Director, Restructuring – Special Situations Group
Service Line: Restructuring
Manager - Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Senior Manager Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Manager, Technical Accounting Advisory Financial Services - Birmingham
Service Line: Audit
Planner/Project Controls Engineer IAG (Assistant Manager)
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Our AMA team works with major public and private sector entities across all sectors but principally those with major capital and infrastructure commitments in Natural Resources, Energy, Power & Utilities, Transport, Oil and Gas, Defence and Health and Education. This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities building upon a global capability in Asset Management.
We are seeking an Industry leading Asset Management professional to become the subject matter expert for KPMG UK supporting all AMA activity across the business including Internal Audit, Transactions, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting.
Services provided by the AMA Team:
- Diagnostic Services
- Maturity Assessments, Systems Audit, Benchmarking, Penetration Assessment
- Governance, Policy & Strategy, Valuation
- Asset operating Models, Asset Information, Lifecycle Delivery, Asset Risk siness’ and contributed to the Asset Management body of knowledge through the IAM.
As an Associate Director in our team you will be responsible, amongst other things for
- Developing the Asset Management Advisory business capabilities and experience.
- Leading on client engagements, operating at board level and the level below.
- Be the focus for the asset management capability and manage the use and development of the AM tools and methodologies.
- Engaging with global teams, including Global Asset Management Centre of Excellence to leverage resources and capabilities developing robust approaches to the supporting service lines.
- Supporting the development with thought leadership and speaking engagements.
- Helping to manage the day to day relationship with key client contacts, ensuring our service is responsive to their needs.
- Managing the teams and delivery of work to clients, ensuring that the quality of our deliverables are high.
- Financial management, ensuring timely raising of fee notes and assisting in recovery of fees, and keeping clients informed of costs and time incurred on an appropriately regular basis.
- Ensuring KPMG's quality and risk management procedures are completed to the appropriate standard.
- Pro-actively keeping up to date with Asset Management thinking on a global level.
- Building relationships and identifying opportunities for new assignments where KPMG can help clients helping to convert opportunities for new assignments
- Helping where there is an opportunity to add value and to meet a client need, to gain extensions to existing assignments
assisting on proposals and other business development initiatives.
- Coaching and mentoring other staff.
- Being a role model for less experienced staff and for the firm's values
We are looking for a dual qualified person who is an accredited member of ICE, IET, IAM or equivalent with significant practical experience. It is likely that they will have been involved with the development of PAS 55 or ISO55,000 standards or developed AM approaches for Infrastructure business’ and contributed to the Asset Management body of knowledge through the IAM.
- Asset management policy and strategy
- Assessing and managing asset management risks
- Asset management information and knowledge
- Dual Qualified & accredited member of ICE, IET, IAM or equivalent with significant practical experience.
- Life-cycle decision-making
- Developing asset management plans
- Managing asset lifecycle activities
- Experience focusing on realising the strategic value of asset management at enterprise level and not just the engineering/operational level application and experience engaging with board level representatives in this area.
- Transport, Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Defence or Power sectors
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills.
- Good client relationship track record.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Commercial awareness.
- Relevant advisory / consulting / assurance experience.
- Managing change in asset management systems and capabilities
- Asset performance management
- Contractor and supplier management
- Demand forecasting and capital expenditure planning
- Asset care and maintenance management
- Sustainable asset management
- Techniques for whole-life costing and accounting
- Asset management information systems
- It would also be an advantage if the individual had practical experience of providing advisory services and if the individual had worked across a number of sectors.
KPMG’s Special Situations Group is made up of approximately 85 people, led by a team of seven partners, who are looking to enhance the delivery capability in order to support the next phase of growth.
The team delivers a broad spectrum of restructuring work including lender and company side advisory through a period of distress and/or restructuring, as well as implementation support covering turnaround, transformation and liquidity (both working capital improvement and cash preservation for stressed and distressed situations).
Whilst the team is not aligned to specific sectors there are individuals with significant experience in certain sectors and specific functional and/or sector focus would be considered a benefit. Applicants however will be expected to work across all sectors and situations depending on client demand.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking to recruit an Associate Director to join the team to support the future growth plans to support the broad turnaround, transformation and liquidity offerings.
The vacancy will be based in London, although applicants will be required to work in other UK, European or international based locations depending on client demand.
• Responsibility for delivery of client projects, taking the role as day to day contact on engagements.
• Able to build and maintain strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders.
• Manage teams of colleagues delivering engagements, ensuring effective delegation and multi-work stream delivery.
• Deliver engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices.
• Communicate views and insights (both in writing and verbally) in an effective and compelling manner to clients and KPMG colleagues, able to adjust style to circumstances.
• Lead the design and development of client ready deliverables with minimal Director and Partner input.
• Work with Partners / Directors across the business development cycle, including development of proposals, client sales presentations and participation in client pitch presentations.
• Coach and develop team members (and client staff) and provide high quality developmental feedback.
• Develop insightful sector points of view on key strategic issues for your chosen sector(s) including leading or playing a key role in a sector campaigns as many SMs do, including attendance of pitches
• Identify, design and lead practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team.
• Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for stakeholders.
• Significant involvement in business development activities, including developing pitches and proposals to win new work including participation in pitch presentations.
Qualifications & Skills
• Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels including Board Members and other Senior Executives.
• Ability to work innovatively and ‘self start’.
• Ability to motivate a team to deliver outstanding work.
• Desire to build wide advisory skill set and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings.
• Ability to leverage personal and firm wide networks to support lead generation.
Background & Experience
• Drive and enthusiasm.
• Strong commercial and business acumen.
• Demonstrable experience in leading multi-work stream advisory projects (successful candidates will need to demonstrate some experience in each of the turnaround, transformation and liquidity disciplines).
• Experience at advising and working alongside a range of stakeholders, including PE firms, Lenders, corporates and internal KPMG stakeholders ie. CST partners and sector leads.
• Experience of being involved in at least one sector campaign.
Work as a key member of the growing Accounting Advisory Services team.The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range ofareas. Projects focus on the application of technical accounting – inparticular accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, preparation offinancial statements or carve out accounts, merger and acquisition activity,implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training –often working as part of cross-functional teams including Transaction Services,Corporate Finance, Audit and Tax.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants to continue to extend the depthand breadth of accounting based services, in the areas listed above andbeyond.
Management of client accounting related engagements, leading small teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams.
Providing accounting support including reports and presentations to client issues relating to IFRS, US GAAP and UK GAAP (FRS101/FRS 102/UK Companies Act 2006).
Assessing the impact of recently adopted and new accounting standards (primarily IFRS 9, IFRS 10, IFRS 11, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16).
Supporting transaction teams with IFRS 3 analysis and model reviews with relevant accounting frameworks.
Providing accounting support to identify implications of business reorganisation plans.
Assessing the accounting impact of any change in the operation of an organisation.
Ad hoc accounting support including development and delivery of training and reports based on relevant client needs.
People management and performance development.
Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals.
Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities.
Qualifications and Skills required:
Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
Technical accounting experience with IFRS
UK GAAP and Companies Law knowledge
Experience with recent developments in accounting, including IFRSs 9, 15 and 16 within a corporate accounting advisory role
Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
Experience of managing teams and project management
Experience working as an Accounting Advisory Manager in a Top 10 Audit firm working within large corporate sectors
Business development experience including generating sales with new clients and developing internal networks
Analytical ability and attention to detail
Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
· Management of client accounting related engagements, leading teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams
· Ownership and delivery of quality, efficient and profitable engagements.
· Technical accounting skills equivalent to a subject matter expert on specific topics.
· Lead business development effort in a sector and for Accounting Advisory service line.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with senior client staff.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with other departments with whom AAS works closely e.g. tax, deal advisory.
· Deliver compelling engagement proposals which result in winning engagements.
· Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
· Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
· Motivate and generate commitment from team members.
· Demonstrate continuous self and team development.
· Share knowledge with the team.
· Actively contribute to Accounting Advisory Services strategy, team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.
Key Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
· Experience in an accounting advisory function within large Corporate business sector
· Technical accounting experience with IFRS
· Technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP and Companies Act knowledge
· Experience with recent developments in accounting IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
· Experience in leading and developing client relationships within Corporate Sector
· Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
· Experience of leading teams and project management
· Experience of coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
· Analytical ability and attention to detail
· Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Work as a key member of our growing Financial Services Accounting Advisory Services (FSAS) team based in Birmingham. The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range of areas. Engagements focus on the application of technical accounting – in particular providing financial instrument accounting advice (including hedge accounting), accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training – often working as part of cross-functional teams including FSAS London, FSAS Regulatory, Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Risk Management, Audit, Tax and Forensics.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants to work at Manager level to continue to extend the depth and breadth of financial services accounting based services in our Birmingham office, in the areas listed above and beyond.
- Managing the delivery of live accounting advisory client engagements and leading technical accounting work streams of larger multi-disciplinary engagements
- Providing subject matter expertise on technical accounting as well as practical implications relating to new accounting standards (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16)
- Reviewing technical accounting and risk interpretations related to new accounting standards prepared by clients (e.g. IFRS 9, IFRS 15, IFRS 16), provide challenge and recommendations
- Respond to clients’ and audit teams’ ad-hoc accounting queries related to financial instruments
- Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
- Managing and mentoring engagement team members
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals
- Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified accountant (ACA or international equivalent qualification)
- Must be able demonstrate strong technical accounting experience with IFRS, especially related to financial instruments (IAS 32, IAS 39 (including hedge accounting), IFRS 7 and IFRS 9)
- Must have previous financial sector experience – for example, working with building societies, other mutuals, intermediaries or banks
- Must be able to demonstrate strong experience with recent developments in accounting, in particular IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
- Must have experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
- Must have experience of managing teams and project management
KPMG’s Infrastructure Group in the UK consists of c150
professionals and is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading
independent business, financial and regulatory advisers in infrastructure. The
group has won many awards, including Financial Advisor of the Year
(Infrastructure Journal) for several years. The group has locations in London,
Birmingham, Edinburgh, Leeds and Manchester, but is organised on a national
basis, operating under a single national team.
You will be joining a team of experts with deep industry
experience in major projects and programmes delivery. As an Associate/Assistant Manager you will support
our Major Projects Advisory Integrated Controls' practice in the delivery of
high quality services to top tier public and private sector clients including
government agencies, contractors, industry associations, developers, investors
and asset managers, by bringing planning, scheduling and project controls expertise
to the team.
Description of the role:
- Carry out planning reviews and advising clients on appropriateplanning techniques and good practice.
- Working with clients to develop overarching project orprogramme plans and integrated strategic schedules.
- Support in carrying out the maturity assessments ofclients' planning capability and providing recommendations on improvement areas.
- Carry out schedule forensic analysis to determine delay causations.
- Perform schedule modelling and scenario based analysis.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative schedule riskassessments using industry-led tools.
- Perform quality assurance and audit of schedules.
- Play a supporting role in business developmentinitiatives, including presentations, client meetings, and contributing to practice development initiatives.
Leadership & Management:
The role involves managing people to drive an output and
may involve managing direct reports internally and/or within the client
Stakeholders Interactions & Challenges
The role will be
expected to work across KPMG functions as well as with clients, and will be
required to build and maintain strong relationships by working collaboratively
and effectively managing these relationships.
Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance
The candidate will represent KPMG in front of clients,
our values need to be aligned and our ways of working to be inclusive well
represented. Failure of the candidate to
uphold our values could damage client relationship and/or impact on repeat opportunities.
- Subject matter expert in project planning and scheduling.
- Experience across major infrastructure project development and delivery in the public and private sectors.
- Solid project controls/project engineering and/or risk management experience.
- A Bachelor's degree and a Master's degree with preference in Engineering
- Understanding of operating models, policies, procedures and governance to support successful programme and project delivery.
- Experience in Transport, Defence or Energy sector
Technical role requirements:
- Advance Microsoft Office
- Primavera P6, MS Project
- Primavera Risk Analysis
- Acumen Fuse Analysis
- Monte Carlo simulation
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to bring complex concepts to life fornon-specialist audience
- Stakeholder management
- Ability to quickly assimilate and apply new techniquesand knowledge
- Proactive and able to work with minimal supervision.