I'm looking for
Search results for "KPMG International"
Legal Adviser, Office of the General Counsel of KPMG International
Service Line: IHQ
International Tax - Manager - Manchester
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
International Social Security Manager
Service Line: People Services
International Tax and Complex UK Senior Tax Manager
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
International Tax Assistant Manager (Energy and Natural Resources)
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
Please note: This role is offered on an 18 month fixed term / secondment basis
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a small legal team of excellent calibre in a global organisation. We expect this opportunity will allow you to broaden your range of legal skills and experience.
KPMG International is the entity with which all member firms of the KPMG network of independent firms are affiliated. KPMG member firms provide audit, tax and advisory services to clients and are based in 155 countries.
The International Office of the General Counsel is a small team based in four countries. The team provides legal advice on key strategic issues for, and supports the execution of key business decisions made by, KPMG International. It also supports KPMG International and the KPMG global network in dealing with legal, regulatory and reputational issues and risks.
The role is anticipated to involve working, under the ultimate supervision of other senior experienced lawyers in the team, on a wide variety of matters including governance, structural matters, investments, business relationships (in particular, with the KPMG member firms) and protection and use of the organisation’s brand (including cross-border legal risk and regulation and small internal investigations).
Some international travel may be required.
We are looking for a qualified lawyer with approximately 4 – 6 years PQE (or equivalent, if not qualified in the UK), although all candidates with demonstrable ability to fulfil the role will be considered.
A successful candidate is likely to have or be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent legal technical skills. It is expected that candidates will, to date, have predominantly gained legal experience in non-contentious business transactions and issues. However, a successful candidate will also need to demonstrate an interest in, and likely ability to handle, a broader range of work.
- Experience of working as part of a legal team in relation to complex cross-border commercial matters. This experience may have been gained at a top law firm or in an equivalent in-house position. Having some in house secondment experience is likely to be advantageous for candidates from private practice, but is not essential.
- An understanding of business drivers affecting, and legal, regulatory and business risks faced by, large global organizations.
- Awareness of own strengths and areas for development.
- Ability to work flexibly and collaboratively as part of a small, supportive team while taking responsibility for their own work.
- Ability to provide clear and pragmatic advice to, and deal confidently with, individuals at all levels.
- Ability to deal with people from different cultures in an appropriate way.
KPMG Manchester’s International Corporate Tax Team advises some of the region’s largest and most complex businesses. We are looking for an innovative Manager to support our team’s rapid growth.
The role would suit a Manager or Assistant Manager wanting to drive their tax career forward advising international businesses. Whilst previous international tax experience is helpful, what’s essential is strong technical tax skills, drive and curiosity.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will:
Deliver excellent technical advice across complex UK tax.
Manage the delivery of tax advisory projects, co-ordinating input from other specialists in the UK and overseas.
Coach and develop junior staff – a vital part of the role.
Deliver exceptional service to both internal and external stakeholders.
Build strong relationships with a portfolio of clients, taking responsibility for driving opportunities to support those clients.
Support senior members of the team in market facing activities.
Be a role model for KPMG’s values.
The successful candidate will play a key role in managing, developing and supporting the Assistant Managers and graduates within the team and in recruiting the next generation of talent.
The team works with both inbound and outbound groups, from the very largest to smaller high growth entities across the full breadth of sectors.
You will work with some of the leading Partners and Directors within the local market as part of an ambitious and high performing team.
Qualifications and Skills
A UK corporate tax professional operating at Assistant Manager or Manager grade.
Experience of managing and coaching junior colleagues.
Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent.
Experience of applying UK tax law to cross-border transactions would be advantageous to the role.
Strong technical tax skills and is able to analyse and apply UK tax legislation with excellent written and verbal presentation.
Motivated and enthusiastic individual with a desire to learn and develop.
A focus on developing and supporting others.
Keen interest in business and how businesses operate.
Aptitude for solving problems with creativity and pragmatism.
Strong communicator, with ability to quickly build rapport with both colleagues and clients.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds.
We are looking for an International Social Security Manager to work in the People Services team working on a mixed portfolio of clients.
Role and Responsibilities
· Manage the day to day International Social Security work on range of clients and lead the junior team on these clients
· Build, maintain and lead strong relationships with the clients and client service teams
· Take ownership for UK finances on those clients
· Working closely with the Central Co-ordination, Global Mobility and Employment tax teams to ensure proactive service delivery
· Ensure clients are provided with up to date information on International Social Security developments
· Project management of advisory projects
· Responsibility for overseeing the delivery of Modified NIC Settlement Return services, working in conjunction with our Centre of Excellence
· Carry out social security briefings for senior assignees
· Get involved in business development/proposals
· Manage and coach staff
· Build and deliver training for Global Mobility teams and for clients
· Work closely with the Global Mobility technology team to enhance existing tools and to create new tools for service delivery
· Build links with the Employment Tax, Pensions and Legal team to generate opportunities to work together.
Qualifications and Skills
· ACA/ATT/CTA qualified or equivalent preferred
Experience and Background
· Previous experience working in International Social Security
· Energetic, committed, and ambitious
· High level personal responsibility and accountability for team work
· Ability to identify core issues, investigate, evaluate and integrate information
· Communicates with impact, both in speech and writing, and in a way that is open, honest, consistent, and clear
· Safeguards and enhances the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
· Motivated by a passion for the international aspects of our work, professional proficiency, and a desire to serve and lead excellent UK team
· Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under own initiative
· Capable of working to deadlines, showing resilience under pressure and an ability to apply knowledge to non-routine situations
· Demonstrates sound professional judgement including the ability to identify issues/concerns and consult where appropriate with more senior staff.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
KPMG’s International Tax group is made up of over 120 individuals, of which a core group of 40 dedicated Tax Professionals is based in London. The group helps multinational groups address all their international structuring and planning needs. We help clients to determine the best approach to their global tax strategy and structure, provide advice on how to expand into new markets (including into the UK), how to structure their financing and the appropriate location for assets and activity, reorganisations and cross border structuring, rationalisation and divestment.
Recent project wins and shifts in market dynamics, in particular as a result of the developments in relation to BEPS, has significantly raised the team’s profile in the market. As we continue to build on that success we are looking to add to our team with a commercially focused Senior Manager to help drive the business forward.
Work will focus on advising our UK and international client groups on a range of cross border tax matters, including group structuring and reorganisations, the efficient use of financing and intellectual property, and structuring cross-border investment. The team works across all sectors including financial services, infrastructure, consumer markets, industrial markets and private equity.
- Be market facing with allocated clients and target organisations
- Hold and control high level conversations with senior stakeholders in the markets and be capable of introducing relevant specialists from across the firm
- Lead by example with client relationships, technical quality and service delivery
- Actively promote team and personal profile to internal networks in order to promote collaboration and increase internal leads
- Being involved in business development and proposal activity
- Managing teams and coaching and developing staff
- Identify key client issues that represent opportunities for other KPMG teams to capitalise on and play active role in introductions.
- Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
- Display technical strength in our specialist markets above
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team
- Displays an inclusive, collaborative approach and operates in a respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
- Brings insight and effectively applies knowledge to business and client problems
- Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
- Builds the reputation of KMPG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
An opportunity exists for an Assistant Manager within the Energy and Natural Resources group of our Corporate Tax function. We are looking to recruit a assistant manager for a combined advisory and compliance role. Advisory assignments will be wide ranging and include a mix of international, M&A and other adhoc advisory work.
The team provides corporate tax compliance, advisory and accounting services to a range of clients across all lines of the sector including oil and gas, mining, power and renewables. Clients include FTSE100 companies, inbound investors, oil majors and independents.
The team focuses on the provision of high quality commercial advice to our clients. Our approach has as its foundation a thorough understanding of our client's business strategy as well as the industry in which they operate. This enables us to work in partnership with them and to provide tailored and robust tax solutions to support their corporate goals.
Role and Responsibilities
The individual must be able to:
•Provide tax advisory and compliance services to a variety of clients and managing the successful delivery of commercially viable and technically excellent advice to a variety of clients involving tax due diligence, structuring, international and other advisory work and including liaising with specialists in Indirect Tax, People Services, Stamp Taxes and overseas KPMG offices to manage their input
•Review corporation tax computations and managing the compliance process
•Undertake tax audits for clients under UK GAAP, IFRS and US GAAP
•Liaise with the client service team and with colleagues in other tax disciplines as well as the audit and accounting function to provide a co-ordinated service to the client
•Ensure that clients are kept up to date on developments within the corporate tax world that may affect their businesses
•Help to prepare proposals for new work, including researching target and client companies and on technical issues to identify new solutions
•Keep internal control records up to date and ensuring compliance with quality control procedures
•Deal with client billing
The individual must/will:
•Have experience of working with oil and gas companies, including the upstream sector preferable but not essential
•Have corporate Tax experience
•Have strong knowledge and understanding of UK corporation tax legislation
•Take personal responsibility and accountability for own work
•Have a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work
•Learn from experiences and seek out feedback and development opportunities
•Work in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues and clients
•Analyse problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
•Communicate with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
•Build the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
The individual must have:
•A strong educational background (preferably 2:1 or higher University degree)
•ACA, CA, CTA, ACCA or equivalent law qualification with strong UK corporate tax and accounting knowledge