I'm looking for
Search results for "KPMG International"
Assistant Manager - Corporates International and Complex UK Tax
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
Manager - KPMG Law, Commercial - London
Service Line: Legal Services
Assistant Manager - KPMG Law - Private Client
Service Line: Legal Services
Snr Manager, International Corporate Tax Advisory, Leeds or Newcastle
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
Senior Manager - KPMG Law - Corporate Team - Manchester
Service Line: Legal Services
Assistant Manager (Solicitor) - KPMG Law, Corporates
Service Line: Legal Services
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our inclusion, diversity and social equality targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
KPMG’s Corporates International and Complex UK Tax and Deal Advisory Tax team, focussing on the large corporates market, is a well-established group of around 60 dedicated international and M&A tax specialists who help UK and international headed groups address all of their international and M&A tax advisory needs.
We assist our clients by managing and advising on international and corporate tax projects as part of multidisciplinary and multijurisdictional teams and provide specialist UK corporation tax advice on a variety of complex issues including; global tax strategy and structure, cross border financing, expanding into new markets (including the UK), the appropriate location for assets and activity, reorganisations, cross border structuring, rationalisation and divestment.
We are looking for a Tax Assistant Manager to join our ICT team in London. The individual would work on a variety of UK corporation tax, international tax and treasury related projects and advise a portfolio of clients. There are ambitious growth plans for the team as we have recently invested in a number of senior hires that are well established in the marketplace.
This role involves working on a range of projects and clients, focussing on the large corporates market, across a range of sectors. The work includes:
• Advising UK and international groups on a range of cross border tax issues, group structuring, financing, inbound and outbound investment, intellectual property structuring etc.
• Advising clients on a variety of complex UK corporation tax issues (including, but not limited to, the UK CFC rules, the taxation of loan relationships, derivatives, intangible assets, foreign exchange, Diverted Profits Tax etc.)
• Project managing cross border teams and UK client service teams on an ongoing basis on advisory projects. This involves liaising with specialists, overseas member firms and external advisers to deliver successful projects and expertise to those clients.
• Understanding the client’s business and helping to identify areas for the provision of tax and other services.
• Assisting on tax aspects of audits, in particular where those audits involve international or restructuring issues.
• Coaching and developing junior members of staff.
• Assisting with business development work.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
• CTA, CA, ACA, ACCA or equivalently qualified.
• A background in UK Corporation tax (including in a UK Corporation tax compliance role) is beneficial.
• Prior experience in a UK corporation tax advisory role preferred.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (internally and externally) and be a team worker.
• Sound judgement, including the ability to identify and evaluate risk issues and know when to involve others.
• Strong interpersonal skills are required in addition to strong oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to multi-task.
• High level of drive and enthusiasm with a positive attitude.
• Ability and willingness to keep up to date technically.
You can see the advantages of professional advice being provided within a multidisciplinary team
You are ambitious and perceive the wealth of opportunities presented by an established legal practice in a leading global professional services firm
You want the opportunity to develop client relationships and KPMG Law's capabilities
You are excited by the idea of being a member of a team that will grow significantly
You want to broaden your experience and become a more rounded professional
You want to achieve a sustainable work-life balance.
What KPMG Law is looking for from its lawyers:
Team players who enjoy working with people from different backgrounds and disciplines
Approachable people who are keen to develop personally and professionally, and to assist with the development of junior team members
Lawyers with a passion for the law
Intellectually curious, open-minded and analytical people, with an eye for detail and pride in their work
Driven and proactive professionals who deliver a great service to their clients
Relationship builders who can spot and develop new opportunities both within the KPMG network and externally
Flexible people who are able to deal with a fluid, changing work environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Building and developing positive business relationships within and outside KPMG
Assessing problems from multiple angles to ensure that our clients have comprehensive commercial law advice to support their decision-making
Working collaboratively to devise and driving forward creative legal solutions for clients
Providing our clients with a seamless multi-disciplinary legal implementation service on national and global projects
Assisting clients in the development of new businesses in the start-up phase or when wishing to enter new markets
Advising clients on the legal aspects of changes to their business models,including as a result of adoption of digital and other technologies.
Supporting clients with the legal implementation of their transformation programmes, including group restructuring, outsourcing, large scale technology programmes
Helping clients create, manage, exploit and protect their intellectual property assets.
Qualifications and Skills:
The applicant will be a commercial lawyer with experience of information technology law and agreements. The applicant will have experience in contractual drafting and negotiation gained on national and international projects, across a range of disciplines including:
Outsourcing arrangements (both ITO and BPO)
Software licensing, IT services and IT infrastructure arrangements (including public cloud and data centre arrangements)
IP licensing and also research and development agreements
The applicant should also have sufficient data protection experience to draft and advise on data transfer, data processor and data-sharing agreements.
Applicants who have some but not all of the above experience will still be considered.
Experience and Background:
The applicant must be a qualified lawyer with at least 4 years PQE
The applicant must be keen to develop and broaden his/her legal skills toinclude working on multi-disciplinary projects and being closer to the business side of these projects.
The successful applicant will be a self-starter and a strong performer and team player who is focussed on helping to ensure that the team successfully delivers projects for its clients. While consulting appropriately on difficult issues,he/she must be able to deliver robust and appropriate legal advice and exercise sound judgement.
An interest in helping to build the team’s business and relationships will benefit the applicant.
The successful applicant will have experience of working with demanding clients across a wide spectrum of size and activities, and will be expert at service delivery. He/she must be able to demonstrate sound client relationship and business development skills, and a keenness to develop these skills further.
The successful applicant will be expected to take responsibility for servicing and building part of the existing business of the team.
The successful applicant will help promote the team’s work through participating in team and firm events , giving internal and external presentations, and producing expert articles for publication.
Experience in some of the following sectors would be considered helpful:
Financial services (banking, insurance, investment management, payment services)
Transportation (bus, rail, automobiles, mobility as a service)
Digital infrastructure, including telecoms and data centres
KPMG Law is focused on providing solutions to clients which deliver outstanding results and client outcomes through legal expertise enhanced by the ability to integrate with wider professional services capabilities within KMG, use the power of technology and leverage our global footprint. Our lawyers have the benefit of being part of an exciting growth business within a leading professional services firm. The KPMG Law network comprises over 2700 lawyers in 80+ jurisdictions.
Our Private Client lawyers work particularly closely with KPMG’s national Family Office & Private Client tax team, which includes UK and international tax specialists, tax investigations experts and family business/family governance specialists. We are highly experienced in advising UK and international families, family offices, private banks, fiduciary groups and high net worth individuals on managing their personal, trust and company tax and legal affairs. We often work alongside our KPMG colleagues around the globe and as a result there are plenty of opportunities to further grow and develop.
The candidate should be:
• an entrepreneurial self-starter who is excited by the opportunity to provide legal services in a different environment as part of a fully multi-disciplinary practice;
• able to understand the legal solution for clients within the wider picture and keen to become a more rounded private client advisor;
• technically able, with an easy familiarity with relevant tax and trust law issues commensurate with their experience;
• a proactive and resilient problem solver;
• a team player who enjoys working with people from diverse backgrounds and disciplines;
• a relationship builder who would like the opportunity to develop these skills further both within the KPMG network and externally.
Specific skills and experience:
• A UK qualified solicitor with 1-3 years PQE (but applicants with other suitable experience will also be considered) coming from a firm with a strong private client practice.
• Strong academic and personal skills are essential.
• Conscientious with good attention to detail.
• Able to demonstrate experience in/exposure to:
o drafting and advising on wills and trusts in UK and international context;
o international succession law;
o mental capacity planning and powers of attorney;
o probate and estate planning with associated UK tax considerations.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively with team members and to develop client relationships.
• An interest in completing or having completed the STEP qualifications would be beneficial.
Be market facing with allocated clients and target organisations
Liaising with the client service teams and with colleagues in other tax disciplines as well as our transactions services and accounting disciplines to provide a co-ordinated service to our clients
Manage the technical delivery of complex UK and international structuring projects, including refinancing transactions, group re-organisations and M&A.
This will include working closely with KPMG colleagues across our global networks
Work closely with our private client team to advise on the corporate implications of private client led advisory projects
Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and identifying leads for new work both within the UK and internationally
Ensuring that clients are kept up to date on developments within the tax world that may affect their businesses globally
Hold and control high level conversations with senior stakeholders in the markets and be capable of introducing relevant specialists from across the firm
Lead by example with client relationships, technical quality and service delivery
Being involved in business development and proposal activity
Managing teams and coaching and developing staff
Identify key client issues that represent opportunities for other KPMG teams to capitalise on and play active role in introductions
Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent
Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
Display technical strength in our specialist markets above
Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team
Displays an inclusive, collaborative approach and operates in a respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
Brings insight and effectively applies knowledge to business and client problem
Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
A strong background in international tax or M&A is preferable.
KPMG Law is seeking an experienced 7PQE+ corporate lawyer to join its expanding team in Manchester.
KPMG Law is a disrupter in legal services, offering legal advisory services combined with [new law and] technology driven offerings, and multi-disciplinary solutions, within a leading global professional services firm. The KPMG Law global network comprises over 2700 lawyers in 80+ jurisdictions.
The successful candidate will have broad experience across M&A, equity investments and joint ventures, equity incentive arrangements, corporate structuring and international business reorganisations.
The role will involve:
providing corporate legal advice on a broad range of client solutions spanning establishing corporate structuring and reorganisations, M&A, equity investments, joint ventures and equity incentive arrangements, in each case, on a domestic and cross border basis
building relationships with other KPMG teams and KPMG clients to develop and provide multi-disciplinary solutions
project managing and driving projects to conclusion
training and mentoring more junior team members
What KPMG Law is looking for from its lawyers
an entrepreneurial self-starter who is excited by the opportunity to provide legal services in a different environment and manner to a traditional commercial law firm as part of fully integrated multi-disciplinary practice
commercially minded and keen to become a more rounded business adviser
a driven and proactive team player who enjoys working with people from different backgrounds and disciplines
keen to assist with the development of junior team members
a relationship builder who can spot and develop new opportunities and client relationships both within the KPMG network and externally
high level of technical knowledge of UK corporate and contract law
intellectually curious, open-minded and analytical people, with an eye for detail and pride in their work
It is expected that the successful applicant will be an English-qualified solicitor with a minimum of 7 years’ PQE experience, gained in the UK at a reputable firm (but applicants with other suitable experience will also be considered). Strong academic, technical, and personal skills are essential.
The applicant must be able to demonstrate his/her experience on transactions, and ability to supervise and develop more junior members of the team. Strong project management skills are a must.
The applicant should have good experience of coordinating the provision of advice and the production of complex and interrelated legal agreements and documentation by advisers in multiple jurisdictions. While consulting appropriately on difficult issues, he/she must be able to deliver robust and appropriate legal advice and exercise sound judgement.
The successful applicant will have significant experience of working with demanding clients across a wide spectrum of size and activities, and will be expert at service delivery. He/she must be able to demonstrate sound client relationship and business development skills, and a desire to develop these skills further. The successful applicant will be expected to take responsibility for servicing and building part of the existing business of the team. He/she will help promote the team’s work through participating in team and firm events and giving internal and external presentations.
KPMG Law is a disrupter in the legal services industry offering legal advisory services combined with new law and technology driven offerings and multi-disciplinary solutions. Our lawyers have the benefit of being part of an exciting start-up business within a leading global professional services firm.
The successful candidate will likely have gained experience across international business reorganisations, M&A and joint ventures gained in the UK at a City practice (but applicants with other suitable experience will also be considered) and be:
• an entrepreneurial self-starter who is excited by the opportunity to provide multi-disciplinary legal services in a different environment and manner while delivering a great service to clients
• able to understand the legal solution within the wider picture and who is keen to become a more rounded business adviser
• a driven and proactive team player who enjoys working with people from different backgrounds and disciplines
• a good technical lawyer with a solid knowledge of the Companies Act
The role will involve:
• providing corporate legal advice on a broad range of client solutions spanning corporate reorganisations, mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures
• building relationships with other KPMG teams and KPMG clients to develop and provide multi-disciplinary solutions
• project managing and driving projects to conclusion
Skills and experience:
• It is expected that the successful applicant will be an qualified solicitor with up to 2 years’ PQE experience.
• Strong academic, technical, and personal skills are essential.