I'm looking for
Search results for "Managed Services"
Immigration - Assistant Manager - Legal Services
Service Line: People
Corporate Tax Assistant Manager – Financial Services
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
Operations & Value Creation - Financial Services - Manager
Service Line: Transaction Services
Manager - Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Transaction Services - Financial Services - Associate Director
Service Line: Transaction Services
You will primarily be working within the Legal Services Immigration
department, as part of the KBS Immigration team (Internal Account) within the
You will be based out of our Watford office with travel to our
other KPMG offices as required. You will be undertaking advisory and
administrative support for KPMG internal immigration cases. You will also be
required to provide guidance and advice to the RTW admin team where required.
Key responsibilities include:
· Undertaking KPMG internal immigration
cases, mainly in the following categories:
o Tier 2 (General)
o Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer)
o Tier 5 (Government Authorised Exchange)
o Spousal visas
o PBS Dependant visas
· Liaising closely with KPMG employees,
HR and Global Mobility contacts during the application process
· Answering a wide variety of ad hoc
queries covering areas such as right to work, sponsor compliance and document
· Managing cases with varying
levels of complexity
· Project managing and advising the
business on group moves
· Ensuring all cases are handled with
accuracy and expedience
· Keeping up to date with changes to the
global immigration landscape
· Keeping all internal systems up to date
in real time
· Provide immigration training to a
variety of stakeholders across the business, as required
· Responsible for supervising junior the
KBS immigration team members
Whilst working with the Right to Work team you will be responsible
for ensuring the right to work and visa processes within the People Operations
team are followed, maintained and kept compliant. You will take ownership and act as the key
contact for all queries and actions necessary to support the Firm’s employee’s right
to work whilst ensuring we deliver an exceptional level of service in
accordance to tight timescales. Guidance and advice should be sought from your
· Proactively develop strong and enduring relationships with key
stakeholders – including business contacts, internal HR teams, external
stakeholders and associates.
· Proactively work to educate both the RTW admin team, COE’s and the
business on the visa immigration process
· Have the ability to take a logical and systematic approach to
issues, thinking outside of the box and weighing up all options available to
make an informed decision.
· Work as part of a team within neighbouring People Centre of
Excellence teams and the business to ensure a smooth and seamless service is
given to the new and existing colleagues.
· Liaise with international HR contacts to support the visa process
for transferring employees.
· Hold a good understanding of the visa process and different tiers
of right to work
· Manage high volumes of case work independently
· Ensuring system compliance using the relevant reporting and
· Prioritise workload in accordance to urgency and adhere to agreed
SLA’s and KPI’s.
· Manage high volumes of queries independently,
· Ability to draft non-standard communication,
· Ability to influence, whilst educating the business with
· Take a commercial, considered stance to risk assessment linking in
with the compliance teams and escalating issues as appropriate to a HR Business
Advisor before escalation to the relevant CoE;
Right to Work Maintenance
· Quality assurance tasks including; frequent audits of RTW
documents and Compliance files
· Ensuring work is accurate first time and that all legal
requirements are met
· Incident resolution and prevention activity
Contributing to the team and People Function
· Coach new joiners on key processes and approaches, providing
guidance as appropriate;
· Share knowledge and experience proactively across the team and be
recognised as a team player;
· Manage workload and own diary;
· Take part in and contribute to functional and KPMG wide projects;
· Take a personal responsibility to continuously improve and
streamline the quality of right to work and visa tasks and own personal
· Take a personal responsibility to adhere to our ISO standards
· Keeping the Firm free from risk
It is expected that you will have at least 3 years of recent and
extensive immigration experience within a large organisation or mid-tier
immigration firm and can demonstrate strong administration skills.
· Have an ability to build relationships and communicate with people
at all levels;
· High levels of resilience, with experience of working in a highly
pressurised client centric environment;
· Effectively work with minimal supervision;
· Possess excellent attention to detail;
· Be an excellent communicator – written and verbal;
· Have strong organisational, literacy and numeracy skills;
· Ability to prioritise task list;
· Have a good degree of IT proficiency, including; Microsoft Excel
and SAP or equivalent HR system.
· Awareness and understanding of the Professional Services industry
· Awareness and strong understanding of Immigration law
· Experience in managing junior team members
· Strong project management techniques
Financial Services Tax:
This dynamic and market leading team provides corporate tax services to Financial Services clients (Banking and Insurance) ranging from UK branches of overseas financial institutions, smaller owner managed businesses through to major listed international groups. We advise companies across the whole of the financial services industry including banks, securities dealers, general and life insurers, Lloyds insurers, insurance brokers, funds and fund managers.
The department often works as one Financial Services team and focuses on the provision of high quality commercial advice to our clients. Our approach has as its foundation a thorough understanding of our client's business strategy as well as the industry in which they operate. This enables us to work in partnership with them and to provide tailored and robust tax solutions to support their corporate goals. The work focuses on corporate tax advisory and M&A services, and includes building long-lasting client relationships and coordination of all tax services to clients. Opportunities are available either focusing on one area (Banking / Insurance or M&A) or working across the wide variety of clients to obtain broad financial services experience.
Location - London, Bristol or Edinburgh
Roles and Responsibilities
•Carrying out a variety of corporate tax advisory work, including some international and M&A work, and supporting compliance and audit teams where tax issues are more complex
•Efficient, effective and timely delivery of client work, usually in small teams
• Development and maintenance of good client relationships, including ongoing identification of leads for new work, and liaison with other members of the client service team outside tax
•Identification of work opportunities through an internal network of contacts
•Development of more junior staff in the team, through on-the job coaching
•Liaising with other colleagues in tax and elsewhere in the firm to provide a complete service to clients
•Working with senior team members on identifying and following through future work opportunities and cross-selling to other disciplines.
Qualifications and Skills
•CTA and/or ACA/CA or equivalent qualified
•A commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
•Strong analytical skills
•History of developing strong external and internal client relationships
•Project coordination/management skills
•The flexibility to adapt to the ever changing demands brought about by tax, regulatory and business changes.
•Strong UK Tax knowledge in any of the areas mentioned above and awareness of other tax and accounting areas.
•Tax accounting experience is preferable.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
KPMG’s Advisory business, one of three major units within KPMG (along with Audit and Tax), generates approximately £1.95bn per year and has 11,000 employees in the UK alone. Deal Advisory represents approximately £394m of revenues for Advisory, and comprises a number of specialist teams including M&A, Restructuring, and Transaction Services.
The FS OVC team is a market-leading provider of deal advice to a wide range of Private Equity and Financial Services businesses in their transactions through the provision of buy and sell side due diligence, integration and separation, and joint venture advice. The team sits within the wider OVC team, a newly formed team within TS with a focus on proactive deal value creation. We use a combination of analytics and subject matter experience to provide insights around how a buyer or seller can get value from the target business. The team is looking to grow its capability in the Financial Services Operational due Diligence and Private Equity Value Creation space and is embarking on a significant expansion plan for FY19.
We are looking for high calibre candidates to join our team and be part of the exciting growth plans we have for this area of the business.
- Lead OVC projects from start to finish in a deal environment, including:
- Carve-outs and standalone costs bases
- Buy-side and sell-side cost optimisation and value creation
- Cost models and scenario analysis
-�Business plan support and synergy assessments
- TSA commercials and options analysis
- Target Operating Model (‘TOM’) design
- Cost base and operational scalability assessments
- Cost reduction/synergy execution support
- Operational scaling to support business model growth strategy
- Pre IPO/disposal value creation through operations and cost optimisation
- Lead the creation of value-added insights, which tie to the client’s strategic and business growth ambitions, including identifying the underlying value drivers and challenging their investment thesis.
- Act as the day-to-day, full-time project manager to help ensure successful problem formulation, hypotheses generation, comprehensive analysis in testing hypotheses, and problem resolution.
- Ensure quality of output, co-ordinate and prepare the content for client delivery, including review with client and/or other advisors.
- Provide oversight of skilled KPMG work teams throughout the project lifecycle and serve as the primary team interface with various levels of executives and team members.
- Maintain responsibility for risk management on engagements and liaise with the client lead/KPMG partners.
- Understand the broader Advisory service capabilities and offerings, for example, Management Consulting and Restructuring, and leverage their specialist insights to ensure our clients get the best level of advice and support.
- When you are not working on a project, you will take a lead role in business development and will lead the preparation, development, and delivery of proposals.
- Support the professional development of the FS OVC team.
- Strong experience in an Advisory related discipline at a Big 4 firm, major strategy firm, or boutique firm ideally within a deals environment. A banking in-house cost reduction or transformation programme specialist.
- Experience in at least one of the following Advisory areas: Transaction Services, Operational and Corporate Performance Improvement, Restructuring and Turnaround, Strategic Growth, or other significant strategy experience.
- Demonstrate an interest for and deep knowledge of financial services.
- Bachelor's degree qualification.
- ACA or equivalent qualification preferable.
- Strong business acumen, with analytical and problem solving skills and ability to understand how operating model decisions impact value.
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and the ability to analyse data at deal speed to provide robust and insightful client deliverables.
- Ability to adapt and work in a high-paced, exciting deal environment.
- Desire to travel internationally.
- Fluency in a European language (not essential)
Work as a key member of the growing Accounting Advisory Services team.The team provides specialist accounting advice to clients across a range ofareas. Projects focus on the application of technical accounting – inparticular accounting policy conversions and GAAP analysis, preparation offinancial statements or carve out accounts, merger and acquisition activity,implementation support for new standards, group restructurings, and training –often working as part of cross-functional teams including Transaction Services,Corporate Finance, Audit and Tax.
We are seeking additional qualified accountants to continue to extend the depthand breadth of accounting based services, in the areas listed above andbeyond.
Management of client accounting related engagements, leading small teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams.
Providing accounting support including reports and presentations to client issues relating to IFRS, US GAAP and UK GAAP (FRS101/FRS 102/UK Companies Act 2006).
Assessing the impact of recently adopted and new accounting standards (primarily IFRS 9, IFRS 10, IFRS 11, IFRS 15 and IFRS 16).
Supporting transaction teams with IFRS 3 analysis and model reviews with relevant accounting frameworks.
Providing accounting support to identify implications of business reorganisation plans.
Assessing the accounting impact of any change in the operation of an organisation.
Ad hoc accounting support including development and delivery of training and reports based on relevant client needs.
People management and performance development.
Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals.
Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities.
Qualifications and Skills required:
Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
Technical accounting experience with IFRS
UK GAAP and Companies Law knowledge
Experience with recent developments in accounting, including IFRSs 9, 15 and 16 within a corporate accounting advisory role
Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
Experience of managing teams and project management
Experience working as an Accounting Advisory Manager in a Top 10 Audit firm working within large corporate sectors
Business development experience including generating sales with new clients and developing internal networks
Analytical ability and attention to detail
Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Our Transaction Services practice comprises approximately 350 people across the UK, organised along market lines. Within this structure, the Financial Services Transaction Services team comprises 70 professionals.
We provide due diligence advice and assistance to financial services clients of every size, and help them to deliver successful transactions. We also assist private equity clients making investments into the financial services market.
We focus on acquisitions, disposals, public bids/mergers, joint ventures, buy-outs, initial public offerings (IPOs), market entry, financing and other transactions. We identify, structure and execute all manner of public and private market transactions, and provide support from initial analysis of strategic options and deal evaluation through to completion. We help our clients to identify upside opportunities and risks in their transactions and also assist as Reporting Accountants during Capital Markets processes to satisfy the due diligence requirements of underwriting investment banks.
Our team works closely with colleagues across Deal Advisory as well as Tax, Regulatory and other Advisory teams. We frequently work alongside KPMG teams from other jurisdictions to deliver clients seamless insight across multiple geographies.
Our Financial Services covers deals across the full range of banking, insurance and investment management. Within the team, individuals may chose to focus on an individual sub-sector or gain experience across a range of Financial Services business models.
Due to the increase in the number of transactions currently taking place in the market we are fast-growing the size of our team and have a need to recruit Associate Directors to focus on the Financial Services sector. Specific experience of financial due diligence and/or capital markets reporting will be highly regarded, but we would be open to receiving applications from exceptional staff who have the aptitude and drive to develop the required transaction services skills or market skills.
Associate Director appointments are made on the basis of proven track record. As engagement managers, Associate Directors are expected to play a key role in the development of all aspects of the practice. You will be required to perform the following activities as part of the role:
- Engagement management : you will structure and lead multiple large, complex workstreams in ambiguous and rapidly changing environments
- Business development : you will build, commercialise and sustain relationships with client management team members for the benefit of the Firm. You will develop propositions, focussing on specific themes and/or clients.
- Risk management : you will identify and manage risks, ensuring the Firm's risk management frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively
- Developing People : you will identify team member development needs and accelerate development by establishing the appropriate plans and frameworks with particular emphasis on mentoring and skills transfer. You will act as a role model with colleagues and clients by living the values of the Firm.
- Delivering quality services : you will monitor and deliver high quality service to clients (both internal and external). You will be proficient at managing multiple priorities
- Advisory Skills : you will use your extensive skills and experience to provide advice as a trusted adviser.
You would be based in KPMG’s London office but the role may involve some travel.
Required Skills and Qualifications You will have the following skills and qualifications:
•Strong academic background with financial qualifications such as ACA (or equivalent)
•Strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions
•Extensive experience of managing advisory or transaction related engagements
•Strong personal impact and self-awareness
•Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
•Evidence of working successfully with top management teams at clients: The ability to lead and operate in high performing, multi-disciplinary teams
•Experience in Insurance, Banking and/or Investment Management.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career dreams are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, transparent conversations about your career development.