I'm looking for
Search results for "Market Development"
Business Development Manager - Reading
Service Line: Coverage Central
Business Development Director - Asset Management
Service Line: Coverage Central
Market Risk Capital & Regulatory Consultant - Manager
Service Line: FRM
Dynamics 365 Business Development Manager
Service Line: Exceptional Items
Solutions Architect - Managed Services (Business Development)
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Senior Business Analyst - Product Development
Service Line: Tax Central
KPMG goes to market on a multi-disciplinary basis, leveraging insights to provide a broad range of solutions and services to assist our clients in meeting their business objectives and addressing areas of greatest challenge.
Within the Sales and Marketing function, we provide the information, tools, support and challenge required to identify, target, secure, retain and grow with our target clients, and initiate, pursue and win high-profile opportunities for the firm.
Role and Responsibilities
You will be part of an established Sales and Marketing team in the Reading region. The UK Sales Team is at the forefront of our efforts to establish, build and retain business within our selected markets.
You will be playing a crucial role in helping to drive the business forward and will be part of a dynamic team culture offering strong internal networks and support. Your role will be to manage a defined portfolio of targets in the region to drive opportunities, relationships and revenue across the firm.
You will work to develop your own network and relationships at the clients, understand their issues and, from that, develop solutions and drive revenue. The role will manage a portfolio of regionally based targets to drive relationships, raise awareness of KPMG’s brand, create opportunities, oversee strategic proposals and, ultimately increase revenue.
- Work on a diverse portfolio of targets focused on creating relationships and new opportunities. A portfolio is likely to consist of 20-30 accounts
- Spend 80% of time in the market at clients’ sites and with clients
- Identify and gather information on new client issues through primary (face-to-face) meetings
- Facilitate expansion of points of contact between KPMG and the client. Create, maintain and drive the execution of the relationship map and plan to develop many to many contacts.
- Personally lead development of those relationships where KPMG has no existing relationship
- Develop peer relationships with client staff and procurement teams
- Co-ordinate client relationship events and ensure return on investment is measured through deepened relationships and increased opportunity for KPMG to work with the client
- Identify and build relationships with regional influencers by attending events, hosting internal sales meetings and managing Client Service Teams (CSTs), sharing best practice and seeking opportunities to raise profile externally
- Understand KPMG’s approach to managing the sales pipeline and converting opportunities
- Act as a role model for Business Development across agreed portfolio and Region
- In conjunction with key colleagues support the creation, and lead the execution of, a focused targeting plan to develop our relationships and optimise revenues / opportunities
- Focus on current issues to ensure that time sensitive solutions and ideas are communicated to clients using internal network to identify KPMG’s angle and develop a proposition to take to the client
- Identify opportunities at the client and individuals to target. Lead on developing and driving plans
- Boost sales conversion through deploying rigorous sales processes, pricing, contracting and negotiation, to win work across multiple channels
- Work with and across functions and functional partners to enhance sales efforts. Agree sales strategy to penetrate the account, assign ownership for relationships with key stakeholders and ensure appropriate visibility at board level.
- Ensure all sales activities are consistent with KPMG account plan sales process, client service meetings, client service reviews etc.
- Act as a focal point for articulating and selling new propositions
- Actively seek opportunities to add more value to the client, through cross-functional solutions
- Provide visibility of sales pipeline by ensuring SAP pipeline management systems are kept up to date
- Ensure major opportunities/actions from account plans are reviewed and challenged regularly
- Coach teams in sales/proposal best practice
- Build a strong and extensive external network, raising your profile with key businesses and multipliers, including sector specialists, lawyers, banks, etc.
- Leverage KPMG network by encouraging and facilitating cross- functional involvement
- Act as a focal point for communications between the client and KPMG team
- Leverage the internal talent pool by securing the best people for your clients
- Facilitate communication amongst team members; develop client knowledge to encourage communication and discussion amongst the CST.
- Share knowledge of sales and relationship management by informally seeking opportunities to coach and mentor partners and emerging leaders
- Bring new ideas and methods to accounts and liaise with other account team members to ensure that best practice is shared, client and regional intelligence is communicated and the team has a good understanding of what services are selling well
- Understand the wider offerings of the firm and gain a good understanding of broader sector / client trends, issues, needs, and potential applicability / relevance across own portfolio
• Provide sales forecasts by involving all functions that can add value to the account, including regular meetings with all functions involved with the account. This includes working on behalf of services that the client doesn’t buy in order to open the door
- Manage tenders and the pitch process, providing challenge and support. Ensure that our client knowledge is best represented, and inject the client perspective into the process. Ensure that our responses to RFPs score well. This includes developing clear client USPs that support the strategic direction of KPMG with that organisation/authority.
Qualification and Skills
- Able to drive value-adding business conversations with clients
- Tangible income generation evidence
- Sets the standard for insight and opinions delivered to the client, as is knowledgeable on both client business issues and KPMG solutions and can match both effectively through assimilation.
- Be confident interacting at the most senior levels internally and externally, while at the same time able to interact well with peers and other more junior members of the team
- Strong questioning and listening skills with ability to see the bigger picture
- Effective networker with ability to understand client needs
- Good thinker with ability to understand concepts and with relevant industry experience
- Mature in outlook, with strong influencing skills (internal and with client) and diplomacy
- Positive and enthusiastic manner in dealing with a cross section of people
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Practical but can think strategically
- Be well organised, detail-conscious, pro-active, hard-working, and resilient
- Be flexible in their approach and able to work under pressure
- Experience of sales or a client-facing professional role and understanding of professional services markets an advantage.
- Good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- Good presentation skills
- Possess excellent communication skills and be confident speaking to large groups
- Good working knowledge of Function, Lines of Business
- Strong understanding of services, and relevant content across the firm, in order to create a fully multi-disciplinary approach
The Asset Management & Private Equity (AMPE) sector is a UK and global priority. Over the past two years it has achieved budget and double-digit growth. Core Asset Management activity accounts for approximately 1/3 of the AMPE sector.
As well as key managed accounts such as Blackrock, Macquarie and Schroders, there is a large portfolio of core Asset Management clients.
The AMPE growth plan includes significant growth in Tax, Deal Advisory & Consulting revenues and investment into business development and support on key non-audit accounts as well as the wider AMPE sector (including portfolio accounts).
Working closely with the Head of Asset Management, the Asset Management Sector Executive, and the wider AMPE coverage team, the BDD will flex their time between clients (or client segments) where the most value can be added and client demand/opportunities are prevalent. This will include:
- Acting as Account Director, Client Lead Partner (CLP) or supporting CLP, on key accounts where required, with a focus on those accounts where Consulting opportunities should be present, and those where there is the greatest prospect for general Service Line penetration.
- Focus on the sectors portfolio accounts, with emphasis on those client accounts or client segments where there is the greatest untapped potential. This would include:
- Keeping abreast of client issues, trends and developments outside of our managed accounts and share and distribute this insight throughout the portfolio accounts;
- Lead and support practice development to growth, build and improve portfolio account revenues. This includes working with the wider AMPE coverage team to design, support and enhance the build of our go-to-market approach;
- Support opportunities where necessary;
- Acting as Client Lead Partner on accounts where there is not an established KPMG relationship in place; and
- Build relationships and create opportunities across the portfolio accounts.
• This role is primarily a market risk SME role focussing on the impact of regulatory change on bank business models and supporting banks with designing and implementing solutions.
• While the role will be market risk focussed, individuals are expected to be involved in both market risk and wider risk and capital related engagements.
• As a Manager, you will be responsible for management and delivery of individual work streams including managing and developing junior team members. In addition, you will be expected to support internal business development activities and client relationship development.
• The role will require working with senior internal stakeholders and senior external stakeholders across various functions including Front Office Trading, Risk, Product Control and Technology.
• The individual will need to be proactive in keeping abreast of regulatory expectations and industry practices.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Deep market risk and capital markets knowledge are mandatory (e.g. VaR, SVaR, IRC, RWA and ES etc.).
• Ability to balance market risk experience within the consulting environment, adapt to different risk topics and have a commercial mind-set to contribute to the growth of the business.
• Proven ability of effectively delivering market risk related projects.
• Detailed and/or working knowledge of FRTB and an understanding of its implications is advantageous, but not a requirement.
• Ability to communicate and challenge senior management (Front Office, Risk, Product Control and Technology) on a range of market risk topics.
• Proven ability to work within a team environment and experience of managing/developing juniors colleagues.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written), planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
• Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required.
Experience and Background:
• Experience of delivering major regulatory change programmes in a trading environment.
• Strong understanding of regulatory reforms impacting financial institutions (specifically, FRTB).
• Detailed knowledge of the front-to-back operations of an investment bank.
• Experience of working with Front Office (specifically trading), Risk or Product Control across a number of asset classes.
• Experience of risk management within investment banking and project management skills
• Quantitative modelling skills in a range of programming languages (e.g. Python) are optional
- Owns the development and execution of a demand generation strategy for a key industry market to drive pipeline and sales to agreed KPI’s
- Develops the overall positioning, uniqueness and messaging for the Microsoft offerings through KPMG Microsoft Business Solutions into that industry
- Responsible for the generation of pipeline and execution of sales for the organisation
- Identifies and develops opportunities for the organisation to diversify across sub industry, emerging technology and services propositions to build pipeline
- Works with KPMG teams to create integrated propositions to meet the needs of specific industries or clients to build pipeline
- Leads the interlock with the delivery organisation to ensure:
- Contracts with clients are robust
- The sales teams support programme delivery in partnership
- The development of innovative and profitable commercial constructs
- Develops a marketing and communications plan to drive pipeline for the organisation in white space clients
- Ensures that client relationships and commercial engagements are managed effectively to ensure successful delivery and long term relationship development.
Business Development – Execution
- Owns and cultivates senior stakeholder relationships within key strategic accounts
- Owns and manages key relationships within the KPMG partner network to drive pipeline from within the firms’ client base
- Owns and manages the relationship with key Microsoft stakeholders to develop co-selling opportunities
- Leads key bids and proposals for large scale transformation programmes (typically in the £1-4m range)
- Works as a trusted advisor with clients around their strategic business and technology needs
- Leads and supports the negotiation of contracts and ensures compliance with KPMG Microsoft Business Solutions policy
Essential skills and experience:
- Highly experienced working in Microsoft solution sales
- Working knowledge of Microsoft technology (particularly Dynamics 365, Office 365 and Azure)
- Strong cross industry experience (Financial Services, Public Sector and Consumer Markets)
- Highly experienced working in partnership with Microsoft to develop business systems or cloud based technology propositions to meet client needs
- Experience of working in an LLP organisation
- Demonstrable track record developing long term profitable relationships with mid and large sized organisations
- Can develop a demand generation strategy for a Microsoft solution sales team and lead the team to successful execution
- Has led Microsoft centric transformation deals with values in excess of £2m
- Has led the development of solutions, consulting offerings and assets to drive repeatable sales
- Extensive experience working with senior stakeholders within a large consulting organisation or system integrator to develop pipeline, understanding of the unique structure and culture of a partnership based operating model
- Experience developing front and back office transformation propositions using Microsoft technology
- Has an extensive Microsoft network at sales level
- Can create a culture of knowledge sharing and innovations
- Is able to lead the sales interlock with delivery teams to ensure profitable growth in partnership.
- Passionate about talking to clients on current technology issues and market direction
- Collaborative ways of working with client and various KPMG teams.
- Creative problem-solving ability whilst working in ambiguous situations
- Experience in the anticipation the viewpoint of others, listens and addresses concerns
- Experience in building co-operative relationships and fostering an environment in which everyone’s opinion is valued
- Provides on-going feedback, coaching and mentoring that supports individuals’ development needs and career aspirations
- Proactively engages in cross-functional communications and sharing of information.
Sales is a high profile opportunity within KPMG. You will be playing a crucial role in helping to drive the Managed Services business forward and will be part of a dynamic team culture offering strong internal networks and support.
As a Senior Manager you will be responsible for design of solutions to meet client demand in the Managed Service domain. Solutions include KYC/CDD, Remediation and Complaint handling.
We are seeking individuals that can bring together technology, Subject Matter Experts and Operational execution to design and sell connected solutions to clients
Your role will be to manage a number of targets to drive opportunities, relationships and revenue across Managed Services and the firm.
Working closely with senior management, you will work on MS propositions to support industry issues and liaise with IMG and NM colleagues to target new customer bases and generic processes that can apply across sectors.
The role will be required to lead on sales activity including working closely with the Solutions Architect, Bid and Transition Manager and Operational Delivery team to ensure that a targeted and cohesive proposal is prepared and delivered for each client RFP.
During the proposal process, you will take a lead and you must be able to work independently and able to assemble and manage teams to provide the appropriate response. This will involve building excellent relationships with a diverse number of people within KPMG. The opportunities for professional and personal development, as well as career progression, are significant.
Your stakeholder management, creativity, can-do attitude and excellent communication skills will be the key to success working within MS. You must be passionate and committed about business development and a confident self-starter.
We work in a very flat organisation structure, so you’ll need to be a strong negotiator, influencer and team player, used to managing multiple stakeholders in demanding time-critical situations.
The Business Development role is London-based, but there is an expectation for you to travel to client sites, our MS Operations centres (Leeds and New Delhi) and other KPMG UK offices, when needed. You will need to be able to coordinate the individuals providing input to any RFP response across multiple locations.
You will also be responsible for introducing new clients and relationships to KPMG, driving the sales culture within Managed Services and instilling rigour to the internal sales processes.
Roles and responsibilities
• Work collaboratively with the Senior Management Team throughout the bidding and pitching process
• Accurate forecasting of Managed Services future business to support the successful delivery of all projects
• Build professional relationships with internal and external customers, ensuring sales opportunities are maximised and enhancing KPMG’s reputation as an advisor of choice
• Achieve sales targets supporting the Managed Services strategic plan for growth
• To work within any of our UK offices, or on a customer site as needed
• Take a role in developing the capability of the MS Business Development team, sharing knowledge and supporting the development of other team members
• Managing multiple tasks and priorities
• Being passionate about areas of expertise, managing your own development by learning continuously from experience and seeking out development opportunities.
• A positive Can–Do attitude with a passion for Business Development
• Share knowledge; give constructive feedback and coaching/mentoring to other team members
• Team player with the ability to work within integrated, multi-disciplinary project teams
• Strong drive and resilience to overcome challenges or setbacks to achieve your team/project/client goals
• Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
• Act as a role model for Business Development across Managed Services
• Provide visibility of sales pipeline by ensuring SAP pipeline management systems are kept up to date
• Ensure that best practice is shared and client and regional intelligence is communicated
• Understand the wider offerings of the firm and gain a good understanding of broader sector / client trends, issues, needs, and potential applicability / relevance to Managed Services
Key Performance Indicators
• Commercial risk understood
• Adherence to bid approval process
• Proposals delivered to timescales
• Bid team resources managed effectively
• Conversion of bids to work won
• New relationships you have initiated/developed this year and/or examples of existing relationships strengthened (including CRM scores)
• Client feedback
Skills and Experience
• Proven track record in sales or in a client-facing professional role, and understanding of professional services markets an advantage.
• Good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
• Good knowledge of professional services organisations
• Good presentation skills
• Possess excellent communication skills and be confident speaking to large groups
• Good working knowledge of Function, Lines of Business
• Strong understanding of services, and relevant content across the firm, in order to create a fully multi-disciplinary approach
• Clear vision of Managed Services tactical and strategic objectives
• Awareness of the FCA, CCA, Data Protection Act and other relevant legislation, procedures and processes
• Preferred background in Financial services industry, although not essential, with exposure to remediation, complaint handling, claims processing and conduct risk reviews in the UK
• Contributes and drives continuous improvement or transformation
• Stakeholder Management
• Planning & Organising
• Interpersonal Effectiveness
• Decision Making
• Customer Focused
• Commercially Focused
• Driving Results
• Creative thinking
• Flexible and responsive to change
KPMG Tax and Legal provide services to some of the largest companies. Our goal is to achieve the highest standards of quality and to deliver excellent solutions for our clients. Our Tax Technology and Innovation team has around 150 members and we expect to grow to around 250 over the course of the next 12 months. The successful candidate would form part of this team.
The Senior Business Analyst will work as part of our rapidly growing Tax Technology & Innovation team. KPMG is investing $5bn over 5 years in technology. You will join a team that will be at the forefront of changing an entire industry, helping our clients adapt and make the most of technological advances to help them better manage their tax obligations. You will work with our team of tax and technology experts to ensure all business and software requirements are gathered, organised and understood. There will be a focus on creating new technology solutions as part of an Agile development team; no prior experience in tax is necessary.
Communicate and meet with internal and external clients to understand content and context of business and software requirements in order to gather and verify requirementsAnalyse design to verify it meets the requirementsWrite-up functional requirementsWork with the client to create user stories / use cases throughout the project and its sprintsWork with the QA team to verify test cases meet requirementsRunning UAT sessions with senior stakeholders and external customersFacilitation of backlog refinement and sprint planning sessionsBusiness benefits realisationExplain complex processes to the client in a simple, easy to understand wayAnalyse software, design and user strategy to ensure they meet requirementsTranslate complex user experiences into software requirementsManage changing requirementsAssess method of using multiple data sources to design automated solutionsThe Person
- You’ll have demonstrable experience working in a product development environment, with recent Business Analyst experience with state-of-the-art software systems
- Passionate about delivering excellent products
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience working on multiple scrum projects
- Knowledge of agile methodologies
- Great time management skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office suite
- Experience working across a geographically diverse team
Location: The role can be based anywhere in the UK, though preference will be given to candidates in Glasgow and London. Regular travel to Glasgow will be required once travel conditions permit this.