I'm looking for
Search results for "Market Development"
Dynamics 365 Business Development Manager
Service Line: Exceptional Items
Manager - Business Development Skills (12 Month FTC)
Service Line: People
Sector Business Development Associate - Corporates - ENR
Service Line: Coverage Central
SAP Business Development Director
Service Line: MC Technology
Associate Partner – Mid Market Private Equity
Service Line: Transaction Services
Senior Business Analyst - Product Development
Service Line: Tax Central
- Owns the development and execution of a demand generation strategy for a key industry market to drive pipeline and sales to agreed KPI’s
- Develops the overall positioning, uniqueness and messaging for the Microsoft offerings through KPMG Microsoft Business Solutions into that industry
- Responsible for the generation of pipeline and execution of sales for the organisation
- Identifies and develops opportunities for the organisation to diversify across sub industry, emerging technology and services propositions to build pipeline
- Works with KPMG teams to create integrated propositions to meet the needs of specific industries or clients to build pipeline
- Leads the interlock with the delivery organisation to ensure:
- Contracts with clients are robust
- The sales teams support programme delivery in partnership
- The development of innovative and profitable commercial constructs
- Develops a marketing and communications plan to drive pipeline for the organisation in white space clients
- Ensures that client relationships and commercial engagements are managed effectively to ensure successful delivery and long term relationship development.
Business Development – Execution
- Owns and cultivates senior stakeholder relationships within key strategic accounts
- Owns and manages key relationships within the KPMG partner network to drive pipeline from within the firms’ client base
- Owns and manages the relationship with key Microsoft stakeholders to develop co-selling opportunities
- Leads key bids and proposals for large scale transformation programmes (typically in the £1-4m range)
- Works as a trusted advisor with clients around their strategic business and technology needs
- Leads and supports the negotiation of contracts and ensures compliance with KPMG Microsoft Business Solutions policy
Essential skills and experience:
- Highly experienced working in Microsoft solution sales
- Working knowledge of Microsoft technology (particularly Dynamics 365, Office 365 and Azure)
- Strong cross industry experience (Financial Services, Public Sector and Consumer Markets)
- Highly experienced working in partnership with Microsoft to develop business systems or cloud based technology propositions to meet client needs
- Experience of working in an LLP organisation
- Demonstrable track record developing long term profitable relationships with mid and large sized organisations
- Can develop a demand generation strategy for a Microsoft solution sales team and lead the team to successful execution
- Has led Microsoft centric transformation deals with values in excess of £2m
- Has led the development of solutions, consulting offerings and assets to drive repeatable sales
- Extensive experience working with senior stakeholders within a large consulting organisation or system integrator to develop pipeline, understanding of the unique structure and culture of a partnership based operating model
- Experience developing front and back office transformation propositions using Microsoft technology
- Has an extensive Microsoft network at sales level
- Can create a culture of knowledge sharing and innovations
- Is able to lead the sales interlock with delivery teams to ensure profitable growth in partnership.
- Passionate about talking to clients on current technology issues and market direction
- Collaborative ways of working with client and various KPMG teams.
- Creative problem-solving ability whilst working in ambiguous situations
- Experience in the anticipation the viewpoint of others, listens and addresses concerns
- Experience in building co-operative relationships and fostering an environment in which everyone’s opinion is valued
- Provides on-going feedback, coaching and mentoring that supports individuals’ development needs and career aspirations
- Proactively engages in cross-functional communications and sharing of information.
This role sits within the Leadership, Professional and Business Development (LPBD) team. The purpose of this exciting role is to programme manage the creation and delivery of market leading sales skills learning across KPMG UK. Working with the Sales Learning Programme Lead, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the current redesign of the sales learning strategy and therefore experience within a commercial or client facing environment with an understanding of the sales process would be extremely beneficial. You will be responsible for project managing the creation and BAU delivery of a diverse portfolio of learning assets against challenging delivery timescales therefore foundational experience of core L&D principles & processes is required. Basic budget management and reporting skills as well as exposure to technology-enabled learning would be very useful. Your core focus will be on Business Development, but you may also get the opportunity to work on other LPBD projects as part of this project.
— Programme management – Manage a programme plan which maps learning design and delivery activities against the programme strategy, for a portfolio of learning assets. Be responsible for defining actions to meet quality output requirements and delivery deadlines. Work closely with the learning design team to ensure the shared understanding of responsibilities and required actions in delivering to the project plan.
— Learning Design and Development – Work with clients & Markets to define the learning needs requirements, along the life-cycle of the KPMG Sales process. Explore and scope out learning outcomes and measures of success by grade. Work with Design to define the solutions, and programme manage the design of key assets in the sales and business development skills arena which create business impact and produces long term behavioural change.
— Advisory/Consulting skills – Work as a business partner with a variety of stakeholders at all levels to understand the business and learning needs and deliver impactful solutions. The role will work with colleagues from across the organisation in an SME capacity.
— Budgeting and reporting – Manage and report on programme financials to reflect spend against budget and recommendations for improving value.
— Results focus: Monitor and track results and impact on the business
— Vendor Management – Manage external vendor relationships and ensure clarity of business requirements to drive value for money and business impact.
— Champion 70:20:10 approach to learning across all programmes.
Leadership & Management:
The role will require leadership and role modelling to the D grades working within the team but does not have any direct reports.
Stakeholder Interaction & challenges:
■ Programme Sponsors
■ Subject matter experts
■ Resource Management
■ Talent Management
■ KPMG Learning Services
■ Global Learning
■ UK Learning
■ Head of Learning
■ Business Learning Partners
■ Knowledge Management
■ Instructional Design Team
■ Technical programmes team
■ Third party providers
■ Relevant industry L&D professionals
Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance:
The team are responsible for the delivery and impact of a curriculum that shapes the successful careers of our KBS and client facing professionals across the firm.
— Programme management skills and experience.
— Experience within a commercial or client facing environment with an understanding of the sales process.
— Good understanding of core L&D principles & processes.
— Basic budget management and reporting skills.
— Continuous improvement, high quality delivery mind-set
— Comfortable with ambiguity and working through it
— Comfortable in challenging stakeholder views where deemed necessary
— Pragmatic, curious, innovative and creative.
Expertise / Technical role requirements
— CIPD or equivalent experience
— Industry and/or Learning related higher degree
— Project and programme management
— Flexible, consultative communications approach
— Relationship management
— Demonstrated commitment to on-going personal development to extend their L&D capabilities
: Sector Business Development Associate – Energy and Natural Resources
: Manager or High Performing Assistant Manager
Energy & Natural Resources, Corporates
: Corporates Coverage Central
Permanent or Secondment
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Role and Responsibilities
The Energy and Natural Resources Sector covers oil and gas, power and utilities, chemicals, water and mining. In revenue terms, it is one of the largest sectors for KPMG. We work with all the major companies in the sector, across the full range of KPMG services (audit, tax, deals and consulting), both here in the UK and around the world. This role gives the job holder a central position in the ENR team, working closely with Simon Virley the ENR Sector lead. With COP26 fast approaching, and clients needing advice on how to navigate the Energy Transition there has never been a more interesting time to be involved in the ENR sector.
The role of the Sector Business Development Associate is to provide support to the Sector Lead, Simon Virley. Working with the Sector Lead and Account Executives within the market group, to manage the day to day activity within the sector and drive momentum and support the overall strategy. The role with be split 25% on Business Development and 75% on strategic initiatives and operational support. The individual will be proactive and be
able to demonstrate strong commercial acumen and good knowledge of KPMG’s services.
Develop an understanding of Business Development across Corporates, and ensure all sales activities are consistent with “Successful Selling” approach ensuring the correct sales discipline.
Attend at least one client meeting per week either on your own or with a colleague
Work on selected Energy and Natural Resources clients with the best opportunity for growth. For agreed upon accounts:
Facilitate expansion of points of contact between KPMG and the client. Create, maintain and drive the execution of the relationship map and plan to develop many to many contacts
Personally lead development of those relationships (where appropriate and agreed with Client Lead Partner (CLP)) where KPMG has no existing relationship, introducing and supporting connections for specialists to then win work
Assist in the Identification of white space at client and individuals to target. Lead on developing and driving plans
Provide visibility of sales pipeline by ensuring opportunity management systems are kept up to date
Co-ordinate client relationship events and ensure return on investment is measured through deepened relationships and increased opportunity for KPMG to work with the client
Work with the CLP to manage the RFP process ensuring deadlines are met.
Provide high level account support including reporting, CSTs, strategy and business planning
With support from KGS (our offshore team), produce weekly analysis, insights & status updates of top opps / wins / losses, encouraging teams to collaborate and maximise cross selling opportunities.
Guide project teams through correct sales processes (MarketEdge, Deal boards, etc)
Track service line penetration and progress against strategy e.g. whitespace exercises, PESTLE analysis, introducing and tracking propositions, connecting teams as needed
Support on proposition specific campaigns (firm wide as well as sector specific)
Act as go-to person for the sector, dealing on a weekly basis with requests for credentials, sector collateral, pitch and account support.
Act as mentor to onshore individuals as well as our Junior Account Manager in India (weekly check-ins)
Financial performance & management
Drive the yearly account planning across the sector
Manage quarterly reforecasts and support quarterly Account Connect sessions
Regular check ins and challenge sessions with capability heads and CLPs on priority & managed accounts to discuss financial performance
Use the Top Wins/Opportunities/Losses to have discussions directly with CLPs, ELs and EMs to maximise win rate, cross selling opportunities, and knowledge and learning sharing
Monthly session with finance team to discuss sector performance, flagging any issues where necessary
Work with KGS to provide support re pipeline clean ups and forecasting on specific accounts and where needed, completing analysis on sub-sectors, capabilities as well as individual accounts (YTD comparisons, analysis of BD hrs, etc)
Plan (supported by KGS) and often chair bi-weekly internal call attended by all Sector Lead Partners & Directors
Manage bi-weekly sector report with KGS support, ensuring all follow ups are actioned including pipeline clean ups, flagging any issues with BD time, closing the loop on client voice feedback, etc
Ensure bad debts are minimised, using KGS support where necessary
Establish close relationships with counterparts globally (bi-weekly catch up with Global Sector Exec and US Exec) to discuss key global accounts, top opps, trends, etc.
Review BD spends and allocation and challenge where required
Review DFC spend and subscription requests to minimise costs
Comms, Events & Marketing
With support from Sector Lead’s PA, lead design, organisation and running of internal events and comms
Work with Global Head on organisation of onshore and offshore conferences and events including client comms, venue logistics, etc
Work with UK marketing team to review all deliverables and ensure successful delivery of sector comms strategy to marketing assets are leveraged
With the support of KGS manage internal intranet as well as regularly update our external website
Support development of sector thought leadership
Skills, competencies and experience required
Strong questioning and listening skills with ability to see the bigger picture
Effective networker with ability to understand client needs
Ability to proactively engage with others, including building constructive relationships within the firm
Able to work with discretion due to the sensitive nature of the role
Have excellent organisation skills with a very high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Demonstrate a tolerance for ambiguity, ability to work under pressure and manage conflicting priorities
Be comfortable making decisions independently, yet informs and consults others regularly on relevant matters
Solid understanding of the sales processes (or willingness to quickly upskill) (CRM, MarketEDGE etc)
Be confident interacting at the most senior levels internally and externally, while at the same time able to interact well with peers
Mature in outlook, with strong influencing skills (internal and with client) and diplomacy
Positive and enthusiastic manner in dealing with a cross section of people
Be well organised, detail-conscious, pro-active, hard-working, and resilient
Role and Responsibilities:
Your role will be to focus on Corporates and National Markets clients to develop and sell SAP opportunities, build client relationships to deliver profitable revenue from service lines across the firm.
You will work to develop your own network and relationships at the client, understand their issues and, from that, develop cross-service line solutions and drive incremental profitable revenue. You will work closely with the SAP capability Lead.
Managing the full sales process from lead generation to close • Building relationships within the SAP ecosystem • Building a medium-long term sales strategy for future growth
- Work on selected Corporates and National Markets clients with the best opportunity for growth Spend majority of time in meetings and calls with clients
- Identify and gather information on new client and sector issues through meetings, and share this effectively within capability group
- Facilitate expansion of points of contact between KPMG and the client. Create, maintain and drive the execution of the relationship map and plan to develop many to many contacts.
- Personally lead development of those relationships where KPMG has no existing relationship, introducing and supporting connections for specialists to then win work
- Develop peer relationships with client senior management, and together with the Sector Lead build Board and ExCo level connection
- Co-ordinate client relationship events and ensure return on investment is measured through deepened relationships and increased opportunity for KPMG to work with the client
- Act as a role model for Business Development across the firm in terms of both external behaviours, methodical and thoughtful approach to sales, and fully leveraging the KPMG sales support
- Focus on current issues to ensure that relevant time sensitive solutions and ideas are communicated to clients using internal network to identify KPMG’s angle and develop a proposition to take to the client
- Identify white space at the client and individuals to target. Lead on developing and driving plans
- Boost sales conversion through deploying rigorous sales processes, pricing, contracting and negotiation, to win work across multiple channels
- Ensure all sales activities are consistent with KPMG account plan sales process, client service meetings, client service reviews etc.
- Act as a focal point for selling new propositions, working closely with the Capability Lead to drive specific agreed topics across the Sector
- Actively seek opportunities to add more value to the client, through cross-functional solutions - Provide visibility of sales pipeline by ensuring opportunity management systems are kept up to date
- Bring new ideas and methods to the account and Sector, and liaise with other account team members to ensure that best practice is shared, client and regional intelligence is communicated and the team has a good understanding of what services are selling well
- Understand the wider offerings of the firm and gain a good understanding of broader sector / client trends, issues, needs, and potential applicability / relevance across own portfolio
- Act as a focal point for communications between client and KPMG team
- Act with a Global Mindset to secure the best of KPMG is brought to bear for the benefit of the client
- Strong SAP background, 15+ years selling and delivering SAP-enabled solutions to medium-large blue-chip (FTSE 250+) clients. Able to credibly build and explain business cases for this type of work to senior Client partners across business and IT.
- Be able to drive value-adding business conversations with clients which challenge their thinking and position KPMG effectively
- Sets the standard for insight and opinions delivered to the client - knowledgeable on both client business issues and KPMG solutions and can match both effectively through assimilation.
- Be confident interacting at the most senior levels internally and externally, while at the same time able to interact well with peers
- Strong questioning and listening skills with ability to see the bigger picture
- Effective networker with ability to understand client needs
- External profile through social media and events
- Mature in outlook, with strong influencing skills (internal and with client) and diplomacy
- Positive and enthusiastic manner in dealing with a cross section of people
- Be well organised, detail-conscious, pro-active, hard-working, and resilient
- Be flexible in their approach and able to work under pressure Skills: - a track record within sales either directly or through a client-facing professional role
- Good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- Good knowledge of professional services organisations
- Good presentation skills
- Possess strong communication skills and be confident speaking 1-on-1 to senior clients and to larger groups
Qualifications and Skills
Experience and Background
KPMG Tax and Legal provide services to some of the largest companies. Our goal is to achieve the highest standards of quality and to deliver excellent solutions for our clients. Our Tax Technology and Innovation team has around 150 members and we expect to grow to around 250 over the course of the next 12 months. The successful candidate would form part of this team.
The Senior Business Analyst will work as part of our rapidly growing Tax Technology & Innovation team. KPMG is investing $5bn over 5 years in technology. You will join a team that will be at the forefront of changing an entire industry, helping our clients adapt and make the most of technological advances to help them better manage their tax obligations. You will work with our team of tax and technology experts to ensure all business and software requirements are gathered, organised and understood. There will be a focus on creating new technology solutions as part of an Agile development team; no prior experience in tax is necessary.
Communicate and meet with internal and external clients to understand content and context of business and software requirements in order to gather and verify requirementsAnalyse design to verify it meets the requirementsWrite-up functional requirementsWork with the client to create user stories / use cases throughout the project and its sprintsWork with the QA team to verify test cases meet requirementsRunning UAT sessions with senior stakeholders and external customersFacilitation of backlog refinement and sprint planning sessionsBusiness benefits realisationExplain complex processes to the client in a simple, easy to understand wayAnalyse software, design and user strategy to ensure they meet requirementsTranslate complex user experiences into software requirementsManage changing requirementsAssess method of using multiple data sources to design automated solutionsThe Person
- You’ll have demonstrable experience working in a product development environment, with recent Business Analyst experience with state-of-the-art software systems
- Passionate about delivering excellent products
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Experience working on multiple scrum projects
- Knowledge of agile methodologies
- Great time management skills
- Good knowledge of MS Office suite
- Experience working across a geographically diverse team
Location: The role can be based anywhere in the UK, though preference will be given to candidates in Glasgow and London. Regular travel to Glasgow will be required once travel conditions permit this.