I'm looking for
Search results for "Market Development"
Talent Development Senior Manager
Service Line: People
Manager - Market Risk Capital & Regulatory Consultant
Service Line: FRM
Senior Manager – Data & Analytics - Financial Market Intermediaries
Service Line: Connected Technology
Business Development Director - Corporates
Service Line: Coverage Central
Market Risk Assistant Manager
Service Line: FRM
Early Career Development Advisor
Service Line: People
Our Leadership, Executive Development & Professional Skills LEDP team lead with vision. They are at the forefront of thinking; developing new and innovative approaches and paving the way to helping individuals and the firm reach their full potential. Working closely with Learning Business Partners (LBPs) and the Talent CoE specialists, this team create an engaging and relevant experience for our colleagues and help them to lead with purpose, lead inclusively and lead professionally. The team bring deep expertise to the leadership and professional skills agenda and are responsible for bringing external thought leadership to the firm. There are 3 curricula leads each reporting into the Director, LED and ECD:
1. Executive curricula – Partners and Exec Coaching
2. Leadership Development curricula – Grades E to A
3. Business Development & Professional skills curricula (including Sector coverage)
Reporting to the Director, LED and ECD, you will play a pivotal role in our Leadership, Executive & Professional Skills Development strategy. As the leader of the LEDP team you will be responsible for the end-to-end strategic approach to Leadership, Executive and Professional Skills Development here at KPMG.
Working closely with experts from across the learning function, you will design a world class strategically connected curriculum based on the latest trends in LEDP thinking. Drawing upon your deep expertise and subject knowledge, you’ll collaborate with both in-house and external specialists to design a comprehensive, specialist curriculum of LEDP initiatives, programs, training events and digital resources that will positively impact our leaders development and deliver measurable ROI to the business. To ensure tangible benefits are delivered to the business, you’ll have a firm hand on the finances, forecasting, planning, and reviewing of the curriculum.
• Working with Heads of People and supporting Learning Business Partners, interpret, challenge and define firm-wide LEDP curricula to drive business performance, in service of quality, scalable solutions
• Design and develop the end-to-end strategic approach to your curricula in close collaboration with Design and Enablement.
• Forecast budget requirements and integrate into the annual planning cycle. Manage budgets according to the annual cycle in partnership with Finance
• Forecast and plan all curriculum, working with Design and Enablement to understand existing curriculum, what needs retiring/refreshing and where gaps exist
• Accountable for overall quality and strategic connectivity of your curricula to the needs of the business.
• Understand the cost of your service, and work with Design and Enablement to ensure all costs are identified and factored into the design phase.
• Ensure that the LEDP priorities align to and deliver against the Capability strategies.
• Work closely with LBPs to keep senior stakeholders updated
• Propose resource requirements for LEDP activities, internally and externally
• Identify and source quality external providers to meet requirements, and bring outside in thinking, such as working with universities and business schools
• Design a comprehensive specialist curricula of LEDP initiatives, programmes, training events and digital resources relevant to grade
• Develop a connected view of learning, which brings talent review processes and career paths together for a fully integrated and strategic approach to learning.
• Operate as part of the senior leadership team in Learning, role modelling our Values and driving high performance.
• Research and recommend LEDP solutions, aligned to and fulfilling gaps identified in the LNA
• Work closely with Learning Operations to ensure de-duplication, retirement of old content and management of existing catalogue.
• Carry out regular market evaluation for LEDP services inviting specialists in to constantly refresh ideas and methodologies for leadership development.
• Play a key part in developing new and innovative approaches to LEDP.
• Assist and coach senior leaders with people and team performance practices, encouraging behavioural change and increased accountability for people and team performance.
• Encourage and foster team development and introduce appropriate psychometrics and coaching initiatives.
• Work closely with Strategy and management Business Manager to track progress against learning strategy and business case.
• Work closely with Content Enablement.
• Drive and provide meaningful management information to the business to measure the effectiveness of programmes, working with the Head of Enablement
• Work closely with Enablement to monitor LEDP interventions, reviewing that they give best value for money and return on investment
• Monitor all measurable savings, particularly around cost reduction and cost avoidance.
• Ensure that any reports and statistics are in line with business requirements
• Facilitation will be part of the role and a balance will be found between keeping skills fresh and relevant within the job role
• Provide constructive feedback and to coach, support and guide LEDP team.
• Oversee the day-to-day tasks of the team, giving guidance and support
• Clearly define objectives providing constructive feedback and to coach, support and guide LEDP team
• Ensure that all in the LEDP team deliver at the highest possible standard.
• A role model for performance management, you will conduct regular check-ins and quarterly performance reviews
• Build a diverse team in order to fulfil our IDSE agenda and implement the firm’s IDSE goals.
• Degree at a Bachelor level required or equivalent.
• Deep expertise in the subject, through psychology, work experience, or professional qualifications with the ability to translate client business needs into realistic and achievable plans in collaboration with Content Enablement.
• Experience at senior manager level and have a proven track record in core HR competencies and exposure to the associated risks.
• Relevant experience in leadership development design, vendor management, assessment tools and learning models and constructs.
• Deep understanding of different learning styles, modes of delivery and competency frameworks, potential tools
• Experience of working in a partnership and highly matrixed organisation desirable.
• Ability to understand and develop effective Learning strategies while understanding the implications from a culture, business success and company practice standpoint.
• The ability to provide leadership, work collaboratively, and consult effectively and independently with senior levels of the organisation.
• Proven team leadership and management skills and ability to create a high performing, motivating, supportive and collaborative team environment.
• Vendor relationship management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• This role is primarily a market risk SME role focussing on the impact of regulatory change on bank business models and supporting banks with designing and implementing solutions.
• While the role will be market risk focussed, individuals are expected to be involved in both market risk and wider risk and capital related engagements.
• As a Manager, you will be responsible for management and delivery of individual work streams including managing and developing junior team members. In addition, you will be expected to support internal business development activities and client relationship development.
• The role will require working with senior internal stakeholders and senior external stakeholders across various functions including Front Office Trading, Risk, Product Control and Technology.
• The individual will need to be proactive in keeping abreast of regulatory expectations and industry practices.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Deep market risk and capital markets knowledge are mandatory (e.g. VaR, SVaR, IRC, RWA and ES etc.).
• Ability to balance market risk experience within the consulting environment, adapt to different risk topics and have a commercial mind-set to contribute to the growth of the business.
• Proven ability of effectively delivering market risk related projects.
• Detailed and/or working knowledge of FRTB and an understanding of its implications is advantageous, but not a requirement.
• Ability to communicate and challenge senior management (Front Office, Risk, Product Control and Technology) on a range of market risk topics.
• Proven ability to work within a team environment and experience of managing/developing juniors colleagues.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written), planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
• Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required.
Experience and Background:
• Experience of delivering major regulatory change programmes in a trading environment.
• Strong understanding of regulatory reforms impacting financial institutions (specifically, FRTB).
• Detailed knowledge of the front-to-back operations of an investment bank.
• Experience of working with Front Office (specifically trading), Risk or Product Control across a number of asset classes.
• Experience of risk management within investment banking and project management skills
• Quantitative modelling skills in a range of programming languages (e.g. Python) are optional
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters, and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
Our Digital Lighthouse Data & Analytics team is a specific area of focus and growth for KPMG. Structurally, we sit in the Technology practice of our Digital Lighthouse Consulting division and are aligned to the Financial Services coverage group.
As a Senior Manager within the team, you will be joining a collaborative and energetic team that covers a broad range of data capabilities including data visualisation, data management, data migration, data architecture, data integration and data modelling.
We are looking for a proactive individual who is passionate about solving client’s problems with data, is curious and has a thirst to learn as well as being excited to pursue a career in consulting and supporting us in growing our team.
The successful candidate will:
Lead large, complex capital market and deals programmes and projects from strategy to execution focusing on Financial Market Intermediaries or use of Market Data
Work with senior client stakeholders (CIO, CDO and CFO) to cultivate strong relationships as a trusted partner, through articulating and realising the value of data
Identify, scope and develop business case or value creation opportunities with clients, and lead the creation of RFP responses
Develop client solutions across the data acquisition lifecycle (data sourcing, synergy creation and management, quality assurance, reporting, analytics and progress update against those milestones)
Build frameworks, accelerators and points of view to support sales and solve key client issues
Leverage their understanding of key market data and technology vendors in the marketplace to deliver engagements
Contribute to business development including Requests for Proposals
Develop our people through coaching, mentoring, formal performance management and creating an inclusive working environment
Use their people management experience to lead combined project teams of client and KPMG professionals, and develop knowledge in the KPMG team
Adhere to internal risk/engagement management processes
Skills and experience required
Minimum of 8 years of capital markets experience with a data vendor, professional services firm, an internal strategy/analytics group, or similar environment
Market Data Vendor
experience to help with merger integration. Technical, Product, Operational and Strategy background in Benchmark, Market Data for Buy- and Sell-side, Analytics and Sustainable Investment across all asset classes
Understanding of key use cases of market data vendors or datasets across capital markets
Knowledge of key market data offerings such as identifiers (SEDOL, ISIN, BBGID, Refinitiv PermID etc.), industry classifications (ICB, GICS, SIC etc.), fundamental data, corporate actions, news, earnings estimates, market and evaluated pricing etc.
Demonstrable experience of complex capital market data projects covering the full creation to consumption data lifecycle (data sourcing, management, quality, reporting & analytics)
An SME in Data & Market Data Vendors, Information Exploitation or Advanced Analytics in the capital market space
Ideally some experience and/or delivered a transformation of target Operating Model into Operating Design
Implementation of business cases, consulting or product management experience
Designing an appropriate target state for client data functions based on their vision and current state issues
Masters or bachelor’s degree with working knowledge of topics such as market data, data vendors, and information management.
Analysis of data, identifying insights and providing hypotheses
Understanding of market trends, new technologies and how they impact companies and society
Recognises the importance of continuous self and team development and actively strives to achieve this.
Helps others to understand how their work contributes to the overall success of an engagement and the wider firm
Fosters a sense of self belief and confidence in others
Seeks to understand others motivations
Supports others to make brave decisions
100% of Role as Business Development Director (BDD) for Corporates Coverage, working to support the Consumer Markets, Leisure and Retail sector
• Sales is a high profile opportunity within KPMG. You will be playing a crucial role in helping to drive the business forward and will be part of a dynamic team culture offering strong internal networks and support
• Your role will be to initially focus solely on clients within a specific sector to drive opportunities, relationships and revenue from service lines across the firm. You will work to develop your own network and relationships at the client, understand their issues and, from that, develop solutions and drive revenue
• You will work very closely with the Global Lead Partner (GLP) / Client Lead Partner (CLP) of key accounts and be a key member of the client service teams, ensuring that these teams optimise the opportunities for KPMG
Roles & Responsibilities
• Work on selected Corporates clients within the Consumer, Leisure and Retail sector
• Identify and gather information on new client issues through primary (face-to-face / Teams) meetings
• Facilitate expansion of points of contact between KPMG and the client. Create, maintain and drive the execution of the relationship map and plan to develop many to many contacts
• Personally lead development of those relationships where KPMG has no existing relationship
• Develop peer relationships with client staff
• Co-ordinate client relationship events and ensure return on investment is measured through deepened relationships and increased opportunity for KPMG to work with the client
• Identify and build relationships with regional influencers by attending events, hosting internal sales meetings and managing the Client Service Team (CST) meetings, sharing best practice and seeking opportunities to raise profile externally
• Act as a role model for Business Development across Corporates
• Focus on current issues to ensure that relevant time sensitive solutions and ideas are communicated to clients using internal network to identify KPMG’s angle and develop a proposition to take to the client
• Identify white space at the client and individuals to target. Lead on developing and driving plans
• Boost sales conversion through deploying rigorous sales processes, pricing, contracting and negotiation, to win work across multiple channels
• Work with the GLPs / CLPs and across functions and functional partners to enhance sales efforts. Agree sales strategy to penetrate the account, assign ownership for relationships with key stakeholders and ensure appropriate visibility at board level
• Ensure all sales activities are consistent with KPMG account plan sales process, client service meetings, client service reviews etc.
• Act as a focal point for selling new propositions
• Actively seek opportunities to add more value to the client, through cross-functional solutions
• Provide visibility of sales pipeline by ensuring MSD pipeline management systems are kept up to date
• Coach the team in sales best practice
• Facilitate communication amongst team members; develop centre of client knowledge to encourage communication and discussion amongst the client team
• Share knowledge of sales and relationship management by informally seeking opportunities to coach and mentor partners and emerging leaders
• Bring new ideas and methods to the account and liaise with other account team members to ensure that best practice is shared, client and regional intelligence is communicated and the team has a good understanding of what services are selling well
• Understand the wider offerings of the firm and gain a good understanding of broader sector / client trends, issues, needs, and potential applicability / relevance across own portfolio
• Act as a focal point for communications between client and KPMG team
• Act with a Global Mindset to secure the best of KPMG is brought to bear for the benefit of the client
• Net sales YTD – under the firm’s Revenue Credit Scheme
• Growth of accounts v PY and v budget
• Pipeline YTD (MSD and broader international opportunities) - with a focus on those programmes that you are driving
• Pipeline conversion rate YTD
• New relationships you have initiated / developed this year and / or examples of existing relationships strengthened (including CRM scores)
• Client feedback
Skills, Experience and Competencies
• Be able to drive value-adding business conversations with clients
• Sets the standard for insight and opinions delivered to the client - knowledgeable on both client business issues and KPMG solutions and can match both effectively through assimilation
• Be confident interacting at the most senior levels internally and externally, while at the same time able to interact well with peers and other more junior members of the team
• Strong questioning and listening skills with ability to see the bigger picture
• Effective networker with ability to understand client needs
• Mature in outlook, with strong influencing skills (internal and with client) and diplomacy
• Positive and enthusiastic manner in dealing with a cross section of people
• Be well organised, detail-conscious, pro-active, hard-working, and resilient
• Be flexible in their approach and able to work under pressure
• A track record within sales or a client-facing professional role, and understanding of professional services markets an advantage
• Good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
• Good knowledge of professional services organisations
• Experience of operating across Europe and globally a benefit
• Good presentation skills
• Possess excellent communication skills and be confident speaking to large groups
• Good working knowledge of Function, Lines of Business
• Strong understanding of services, and relevant content across the firm, in order to create a fully multi-disciplinary approach
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
Using a wide variety of technical and sector-specific skills, KPMG's Risk Consulting group proactively helps clients increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks. We are experienced in managing diverse issues including fraud, regulatory compliance, risk frameworks and modelling, capital efficiency, corporate governance, dispute resolution, deriving value from contracts and much more.
As subject matter experts with a breadth of experience and specialism across industry, consulting, academia and regulators, the risk team offer the skills and levers to provoke and support complex and unique risk transformational projects in the financial services industry.
We are recruiting for an Assistant Manager for our Market Risk proposition.
• Advising and assisting clients with the impact of the changing capital requirements framework (‘Basel 4’), with particular focus on the new market risk requirements, Fundamental Review of the Trading Book (‘FRTB’).
• This role is primarily a qualitative SME role focussing on the impact on bank business models and potential solutions (as opposed to modelling the quantitative impact).
• This will require working with senior Front Office (primarily Trading) stakeholders at investment banks as well as other functions such as Risk and Product Control.
• The individuals will be responsible for analysis of the implication of regulatory change within both market risk and wider risk and capital related engagements.
• Need to be proactive in keeping abreast of regulatory expectations and industry practices.
• As a member of the banking segment, the individual will also be required to apply their skills to a broad range of banking related issues supporting both UK and Global propositions. The expectation is that the roles will evolve over time to provide a balance of broader advisory and client heyday facing responsibilities.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Market risk knowledge and Front Office experience are preferred.
• Good knowledge and understanding of market risk frameworks and processes including risk management, risk control and product control.
• Proven ability of supporting the delivery of market risk engagements.
• Ability to clearly define and articulate business requirements
• Working knowledge of FRTB and an understanding of its implications is advantageous, but not a requirement.
• Ability to communicate with senior stakeholders (both internally and externally) on range of topics.
• Confidence and ability to explain complex technical terms/impacts to a senior non-technical audience (e.g. VaR, SVaR, IRC, RWA and ES).
• Proven ability to work within a team environment.
• Flexibility and agility to contribute to a broad range of banking risk engagements.
• Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
• Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required.
Experience & Background:
• Experience of working on major regulatory change programmes in a trading environment.
• Strong understanding of regulatory reforms impacting financial institutions (specifically, FRTB)
• Knowledge of the front-to-back operations of an investment bank with a particular focus on understanding the structure of Front Office.
• Experience of working with Front Office (specifically trading), Risk and Product Control across a number of asset classes
• Experience of risk management within investment banking
• Project management skills
KPMG’s culture is built on learning and improving every day – it is one of Our Values.
Early Careers Development (ECD) is a unique team within KPMG who on-board and develop our students from contract acceptance and day one, to the end of their programme or qualification.
Working closely with Learning Business Partners (LBPs) and right across the Learning CoE specialists, ECD create an engaging and relevant experience for our students and help them settle into working life. The team bring deep expertise to the early years’ agenda and are responsible for bringing external thought leadership to the firm.
Our team is welcoming, inclusive, self-aware, and commercial – we are here to serve our colleagues and the business agenda in support of our commercial and strategic goals.
What impact will you make? The Opportunity
Our people are our most important asset. Human-centred design is at the heart of our Learning design principles: using technology, digital assets and an increasing use of blended learning solutions we are seeking to deliver a ground-breaking, agile learning experience, in the flow of work, that
delivers outstanding results and exceeds our colleagues’ expectations.
Supporting the ECD Programme and Apprenticeship Managers, you will assist the annual planning and delivery of the ECD curriculum, helping to ensure its fit for purpose, current and delivers impact. You will work closely with Content Management to ensure all events run according to plan, you will also act as a key interface with KLS ensuring that all programme materials and event bookings are kept up to date.
It’s a varied and hands on role; one which you can really explore your potential and develop your core HR skills. We are looking for flexible multi-taskers and enthusiastic team players who can also be relied upon to take the initiative and solve problems on their own.
Watford or regional location
Each Advisor will handle a variety of tasks which will act as a combination of the following:
• Aligned to relevant Programme or Apprenticeship Managers support administration and query management that comes direct.
• Liaise with KLS and the [Business Analyst/Change Consultant] during transition to log and monitor work and activity that needs to move
• Identify all Performance and People lead tasks that need to move back to the business, work with the [Business Analyst/Change Consultant] to identify, articulate, monitor and track movement of tasks. Write up documentation to support the movement of tasks to PMs in the business
• Work with Programme Managers and KLS to ensure that any changes to pathway are logged and implemented – acts as escalation point for pathway changes with KLS
• Attend weekly meetings to understand PL and escalation issues which may affect and change
a students’ status; liaise with KLS as needed.
• Record current working practice challenges and work with the [Business Analyst/Change Consultant] to recommend improvements.
• Understand the ECD and Apprenticeship strategies and annual plan that supports the business, specifically the qualification requirements and planning, making suggestions for improvement where relevant.
• Support Managers and [Business Analyst/Change Consultant] in the management of admin as it relates to student exam fails
• Work closely with KLS to ensure all events are scheduled and managed according to plan. Jump in and help organize and be on-site or virtual for large events e.g. induction events.
• Work with the [Business Analyst/Change Consultant] to ensure work is handed over to KLS per transition plans.
• Specifically for the 219 heads on Rotational Apprenticeships conduct placement planning across all capabilities in line with business needs and apprentice interests including all new programmes that are being launched for 2021. Work closely with the [Business Analyst/Change Consultant] to identify where these tasks should sit post transition
• Specifically for the 219 heads on Rotational Apprenticeships manage the annual Specialisation process (placement in permanent roles after the rotational phase of the programmes)
• During transition support our apprentices and our business with regards to performance and learning, health and wellbeing issues as well as apprenticeship knowledge, OTJ compliance and guidance. Work closely with [Business Analyst/Change Consultant] to map where issue escalation for student welfare gets triaged to, actioned and owned.
• Data collation, reporting and analytics, providing insight where appropriate e.g. course attendance, post course evaluation.
• Work with service providers to ensure that apprenticeship coaching process is meaningful and consistent in line with the apprenticeship standards. Escalateissues to Programme Managers to improve the coaching experience.
• Work with Student recruitment and KLS for onboarding, overseeing that the onboarding process for apprentices and graduates is effectively managed
• Work with [Business Analyst/Change Consultant] to identify admin that can stop or move out of Learning
• Assist with administrative elements of supplier management.
• Management of ad hoc queries received via email, phone or mail, always looking to push queries to KLS as relevant.
• Support induction events as needed
• A bachelor's degree or international equivalent.
• Several years’ experience in a similar role, either within Professional Services or a large, matrix-structured international firm.
• Experience and passion in early careers and learning, with a firm grasp of human resources.
• Able to work independently.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills and responsive, able to turn queries around quickly.
• Strong root cause analysis skills, a keen problem solver, able to interpret data and look for insights
• A great communicator, with the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels in the organisation.
• An expert at building networks and connections, on both regional and global levels.
• Strong experience and skills in project/programme management.
• Understanding of professional qualifications and apprenticeship programmes essential.