I'm looking for
Search results for "Pensions"
Pensions Audit Assistant Managers FS Reading
Service Line: Audit
Service Line: Audit
We are looking for experienced auditors to join the Pensions Audit practice within Financial Services. We currently have opportunities in the Reading Office.
Our Pensions Audit team works with a variety of pension schemes including some of the largest schemes in the UK, working across a number of pension administrators.
We offer a supportive working environment with benefits packages tailored to the individual to help achieve a good work life balance, giving superb opportunities for personal and professional growth within a Big 4 environment.
As an Assistant Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of pension scheme clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
• Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients
• Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
• Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
• Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex accounting and audit issues
• Building relationships with client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
• Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits
• Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential
• You may also have the opportunity to work on audit tenders or audit related advisory projects
• Monitors and upholds the highest quality of service and products to clients (internal and external)
• Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, prioritisation, organisation and evaluative skills
• Shows initiative, resilience and is able to multitask in a pressurised environment
• The ambition to undertake new challenges and step up into supervisory roles, taking leadership where necessary
• The ability to communicate with senior levels of management and off shore teams
• The desire to work in a diverse environment and gain exposure to an international working environment
• Collaborative attitude with an enthusiasm for coaching and developing others
• Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
• Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or international equivalent is essential.
• Experience of auditing pension scheme clients is required.
• Recent and extensive external audit experience within a ‘Big 4’.
• Well-developed leadership and supervisory skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different seniority levels
• Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal
• Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
Multiple positions available
Opening date 13/03/2020
Closing date 10/04/2020
Competitive salary plus benefits
As one of the UK firm's largest regional teams, KPMG's Reading office employs more than 400 professionals who work with companies across the Thames Valley. Our office is located conveniently just off junction 12 of the M4 and offers parking for staff. It is also a short walk from Theale train station.
KPMG Reading has a strong reputation for supporting Thames Valley’s thriving information technology and communications businesses. We also have a large pensions’ advisory capability and one of the largest expatriate advisory practices outside London.
By combining deep sector knowledge with innovative technology, we bring fresh thinking and practical approaches. Our specialist teams in audit, tax and advisory work together to help our clients achieve their goals, including growth strategy, people strategy, cyber security, digital transformation and technology solutions.
We are currently looking to recruit Audit Manager who will be based in the Reading office.
This will include:
- To manage engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
- Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KPMG and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
- Direct, coach and mentor between 4 and 8 audit staff in a performance manager role taking responsibility for overseeing their portfolio, business and personal issues and delivering feedback throughout the year
- Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
- Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
- Assist the Director and Senior Manager (where applicable) in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
- Preparation of reports to senior management and Audit Committees
There will be opportunity and encouragement for additional responsibilities outside this day to day role, such as working on tenders for potential new clients and assisting with training courses for in-charges and audit assistants.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing - you will be able to deepen your understanding of consolidations, group audit and review of statutory accounts and disclosures
- Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation
- Project management techniques; this role will test and develop your expertise in decision-making, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
- Time and exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or country equivalent
- Recent experience as Manager in an external audit capacity, working with large, mixed sector corporate clients.
- Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK standards
Opening date: 18th March 2020
Closing date: 16th April 2020
Salary: Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits