I'm looking for
Search results for "People"
Manager – People Consulting - Financial Services
Service Line: People Consulting
People Operations- Immigration Manager
Service Line: People
Senior Manager – People Consulting, Transport and Infrastructure
Service Line: People Consulting
Manager – People Consulting, Education, Skills & Productivity (ESP)
Service Line: People Consulting
Senior Manager – Workforce, People Consulting - UK Wide
Service Line: People Consulting
Tax Manager - People Services , Global Mobility, London
Service Line: People Services
People Consulting is an integral part of KPMG’s Management Consultancy practice and a growing part of our business. This team helps to transform the performance of organisations by changing the way people are led, managed and developed.
We have 4 key capabilities that work across the sectors:
• Learning solutions;
• HR Transformation;
• Organisational Transformation;
• Workforce Transformation.
We are seeking a talented Manager that can deliver real impact for our financial services clients. We require ambitious people who can deliver excellent organisational transformation solutions, build rapport, understand our client’s needs and contribute to the development of our propositions. The successful candidate will be expected to work across all our Financial Services People Consulting capabilities.
• Make it Known – including: case for change, culture assessment, stakeholder analysis, change risk assessment, comms and engagement strategy
• Make it Real – including: change impact assessment, change leadership, training needs analysis, change approach and plan
• Make it Happen – including: business readiness assessment, drive change interventions and organisational alignment, measure change
• Make it Stick – including: sustain change, align Talent and HR policies and measure outcomes against vision
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Manage a variety of projects across our people consulting capabilities, ranging from small short-term projects to a workstream within a more complex change programme
• Manage relationships and chair meetings with senior client stakeholders
• Work closely with the client engagement manager and team members to successfully deliver project outcomes
• Provide specialist and technical input and review of others’ inputs in the design and development of change management project deliverables
• Contribute behavioural change management initiatives. This may include working with key account teams to scope opportunities or help to develop proposals to meet client requirements
• Contribute to the growth of our people consulting practice through supporting business and proposition development activity
• Work closely with a mixture of onshore and offshore team members
• Performance manage between 1 – 3 consultants and support with their development
Required Skills and Qualifications:
The successful candidate will be required to have experience in the majority of the following areas:
• Communications – experience and expertise in stakeholder management, engagement and communication skills, both in writing and orally
• Cultural change – experience in cultural diagnostic, design and implementation of cultural change programmes (understanding and articulating the key drivers of cultural change)
• Organisational Design/ Behavioural Change Management - helped organisations to minimise underperformance during change through the design and delivery of a variety of interventions
• Sector knowledge – in depth knowledge of the financial services sector, understand sector trends and the challenges faced by these institutions / organisations and demonstrate strong commercial acumen
• Project management – responsible for the delivery of a work stream or discrete set of deliverables
• Impact and influence – proven relationship-building and influencing skills and be a self-starter with the ability to work well with ambiguity
• Learning – understanding of how learning and development plays a part in organisational transformation
The following are preferred qualifications for the role:
• Degree educated or equivalent
• Qualifications such as CIPD, CIMA, Occupational Psychology, MBA and Prince2
• Familiarity and proficiency with Microsoft Office packages (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with those in the team who already work flexibly.
You will be empowered to manage and lead all aspects of Immigration applications for new and existing KPMG employees. Including understanding legislative changes and ensuring process and systems are operationalised to adapt to new requirements driving regulatory and legal compliance. The Team consists of 7 Immigrations consultants as well as 3 Administrators but will continue to expand in line with KPMG’s growth plan. Throughout 2020, the Team supported circa: 2,000 new employee applications as well as continued support for 3,000 colleagues. This role will interact and partner closely with all aspects of the ‘Firm’ and, across the People Operations centre to ensure a seamless experience for all KPMG employees
As a KPMG colleague and a key leader in KBS, you are expected to demonstrate the Firm’s values at all times
- Provide strategic leadership & operational oversight across all aspects of the Immigration process, ensuring day to day execution of service commitments including rigorous quality controls and service enhancements.
- Case Management – Overseeing service delivery including reviewing and signing off advice, adhering to SLAs and KPIs, caseworking on an as needed basis. Ensuring that the team have the appropriate level of technical expertise and appropriate
- -Advisory – Advising on complex cross-border immigration issues, including post Brexit, the impact of Covid on travel and working from anywhere.
- Operational Excellence. Identifying opportunities to use technology to streamline immigration process. Establishing an SLA framework ensuring timely and accurate escalations in line with Service level commitments. Ensure strong rigor and control in line with legislation and compliance requirements. Adapt to continuous and ongoing legislation changes ensuring process is ‘fit for purpose’ and supported by ongoing training and development
- Team management: identifying the team’s training and development requirements, ensuring the team receives sufficient support and coaching including taking on a Performance Manager role and contributing to the team’s overall development.
- Interpret and apply understanding of corporate policies and practices, and other regulations to provide advice, guidance and support
- Build a high performing Immigration Operational Team to drive best in class service operations
- Work in close partnership with the HR Function, Capabilities and Support functions to drive continuous improvement and employee experience
- Ensure clear scope of services focused on customer outcomes, compliance and risk
- Develop effective relationships with key stakeholders (COE’s - Recruitment; Ethics and Independence team, the broader People Function and other key business stakeholders) to ensure end to end process performance is effective
- Interpret and apply understanding of corporate policies and practices, and other regulations to provide advice, guidance, or clarification for enquiries
- Manage resources within the teams to the agreed budget.
Education & Qualification
- This is a growing team and the role will suit an ambitious immigration professional with the desire and ability to play an important role in continuing that growth. The successful applicant will be organised and efficient, able to produce consistently high-quality work within demanding time frames but not afraid to ask questions to challenge or seek clarification when appropriate. The successful applicant will have a proven track record in overseeing a Team, including reviewing and signing off advice. The applicant will also have experience of advising alongside other professionals such as tax or mobility specialists) and an understanding of the immigration elements of cross-border transactions, including emerging Covid-19 related issues such as travel corridors and working from anywhere.
- The applicant will have experience of handling a wide range of corporate immigration matters/cases, ideally the following:
- Work Visas (ICT, Skilled Worker)
- Frontier Worker Permits
- Foreign company set up in the UK
- Sponsor licence applications and associated ongoing compliance
- Family applications
- Mock audits
- Prevention of illegal working/Right To Work
- Student and Graduate routes
- Global Talent, Investor, Sole Rep
- Global immigration case management
- Immigration policy design
- Right of Abode
- Bespoke immigration projects
- Authentic and transparent leader with a high ‘say/do’ ratio, focused on execution
- Strategic thinker, proven ability to anticipate and resolve complex scenarios
- Ability to influence at a senior level and manage complex stakeholder relationships driving ‘shared’ outcomes
- Strong project and change management skills providing a sense of purpose and direction.
- Ability to thrive in high pressure environment
- KPMG is looking for a confident client-facing immigration professional, ideally legally qualified, with strong technical and inter-personal skills.
- It is expected that the successful applicant will have at least 7 years of relevant immigration experience, including 2 years as a manager, in a Big 4 or equivalent firm.
While some of our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, we are supportive where possible of helping you to achieve a balance between your home and work demands. We are happy to discuss individual requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements could be of interest. Furthermore, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with people who work flexibly so you can understand from them what our culture is like.
Diversity and Inclusion
Commitment to Diversity Our employees have many varied work schedules to suit their individual needs! Our intelligent working options range from role sharing and flexible start and finish times, to home working and more informal arrangements agreed within teams. Check out examples of KPMG employees enjoying different working patterns on our website and please do share your own individual requirements with us. We are proud of the value we place on individuality. We want you to bring your full self to work and maximise your potential. KPMG is a place where everyone can thrive, whatever their gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation and socio-economic background. We value the wealth of experience and knowledge that people who have taken a career break can bring to us. This role welcomes applications for individuals who have been out of work for 18 months or more and who have previous relevant experience.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business.
We are growing our People Consulting team in transport and infrastructure.
We are looking for individuals to join our team and help shape, plan and deliver transformations in the UK’s largest transport and infrastructure organisations.
We are looking for people that can bring practical experience, industry knowledge and the appetite to make a difference to KPMG and our clients. You might not be a career consultant. But you will be able to show that you can build strong relationships, solve problems, deliver outputs that make a difference and build great teams.
Above all, you will be able to demonstrate how you can live our KPMG values:
• Integrity: We do what is right.
• Excellence: We never stop learning and improving.
• Courage: We think and act boldly.
• Together: We respect each other and draw strength from our differences.
• For Better: We do what matters.
The role sits in our People Consulting team in Infrastructure, Governance & Healthcare.
We are seeking individuals with demonstrable experience of leading people-focused delivery on large-scale transformation engagements in transport and/or infrastructure sectors.
Specific skills might include:
• target operating model design;
• change management;
• organisation design;
• culture change;
• customer experience;
• capability development;
• HR transformation.
This role sits at Senior Manager level. At this level you will:
1. Lead teams (including matrix and virtual teams) to deliver high quality client engagements – this will typically be between 75%-80% of your time
2. Provide clients with transformation advice and work closely with client leads and team members to successfully deliver project outcomes;
3. Work with our directors and partners to manage profitability and revenue on those client engagements;
4. Work with our directors and partners to grow the business, for example by sharing expertise, working with colleagues to develop client relationships or contributing to thought leadership articles;
5. Contribute to developing KPMG, for example leading internal initiatives to build industry or technical expertise;
6. Coaching and developing team members and acting as a performance manager.
The ideal candidate will:
1. Be able to quickly build good working relationships with KPMG colleagues and client teams.
2. Be credible with senior level transport and infrastructure clients on people-focused transformation.
3. Be outcome focused, enthusiastic and self-motivated.
4. Have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
5. Have strong project management skills to deliver large or complex pieces of work to time, quality and to budget; with the commercial and financial skills to monitor and manage profitability;
6. Be able to understand, adhere to and promote KPMG’s quality and risk management standards;
7. Lead by example ensuring client needs, expectations and agenda remain at the forefront of our work.
In exchange, we will give you the opportunity to:
- Rapidly develop your career by becoming part of a high performing and growing team and working closely with leadership in our transport and infrastructure team;
- Accelerate your personal development through varied and exciting client opportunities coupled with world class learning and development;
- Work with colleagues across the firm on teams that bring together multiple areas of expertise to deliver client solutions – you could work with a team comprised of colleagues with expertise in data analytics, cloud platforms, customer experience, digital strategy, customer experience, or RPA and AI; and
- Develop yourself as a consultant, manager and leader.
ESP is a priority area for KPMG with significant investment plans and our team has big growth ambitions. We are looking for mid-career candidates on the hunt for their next challenge who want to help define and deliver the future direction for this key account. Joining us offers the opportunity to work with Higher Education, central government and broader public sector clients on exciting, high profile and leading-edge engagements that bring together expertise from across our firm with the potential to:
- Rapidly develop your career by becoming part of a high performing and growing team and working closely with ESP leadership to ensure we achieve our growth ambitions;
- Accelerate your personal development through varied and exciting client opportunities coupled with focused learning and development with a world class brand;
- Work with colleagues across the firm on teams that bring together multiple areas of expertise to deliver cutting edge client solutions – on any one engagement you could work with a team comprised of colleagues with expertise in data analytics, cloud platforms, digital strategy, customer experience, or RPA and AI; and
- Develop yourself as a consultant, manager and leader.
The proposed role would sit within our People Consulting (PC) service line. Our IGH PC team helps to transform the performance of public sector organisations by changing the way people are led, managed and developed. We do this by focusing on two key areas:
i. delivering the people agenda on large scale, complex, transformational change programmes, and; ii. transforming corporate services through the implementation of leading-edge people and technology solutions.
We are seeking a talented individual with experience of delivering large-scale transformation engagements in the Education sector and other relevant parts of government. This includes: People Strategy, Operating Model Development, Process Design, Governance, and HR Technology. We are looking for a new Manager who can help drive our continued growth and focus on public and private sector clients.
Successful candidates will have a proven track record in management consulting, change management, or have held a relevant role within Higher Education, and will be expected to work as part of the wider PC and ESP teams within IGH, with a specific focus on:
1. Leading workstream teams to deliver high quality client engagements – this will typically be between 75%-80% of your time - delivering strong Engagement Profitability;
2. Working closely with client counterparts and team members to successfully deliver project outcomes;
3. Service Delivery Model implementation: Supporting the development of new Service Delivery Models, including definition, design and implementation of roles, responsibilities, span of control, governance structures, Shared Services strategy and roll out;
4. Change Management: Supporting clients to identify practical strategies for engaging impacted staff and communicating the benefits of change;
5. HR Systems Implementation: Experience of supporting and delivering the client-facing elements of HR cloud system implementation programmes – e.g. planning, process validation, change management, communications. This experience is highly desirable but not essential;
6. Business Case and Roadmap Development: Building the business case to demonstrate a value proposition for senior management to decide to move forward projects;
7. Working closely with the ESP Consulting Lead and other members of the ESP leadership team to build and action Go-to-Market plans in support of the Firm’s broader Higher Education strategy;
8. Supporting bid and business development activity, including the supporting development of thought leadership / articles for publication;
9. Practice development: supporting initiatives that are key to scaling the business including knowledge management, capture of IP and practice events;
10. Developing and maintaining relationships to identify and shape future solutions and market trends - working internally with Consulting Industry Leaders, Client Lead Partners, Business Development Managers and externally with clients and KPMG partners; and
11. Actively supporting our people strategy by acting as a Performance Manager for one or more staff.
The base location is flexible across our London, Manchester, Birmingham and Bristol offices. Travel is however an essential part of the role due to the nature of the projects.
We are looking for someone who is a natural team player with a strong focus and flair for people development and team leadership.
Candidates should have established themselves as credible Education and / or HR Transformation delivery consultants.
The ideal candidate will:
1. Have demonstrable experience of Higher Education, plus one or more of Local Government, Further Education, Housing and Policing, be an existing management consultant or from a relevant role within the public sector. All candidates must have relevant Higher Education experience evidenced by a demonstrable track record of shaping, planning and delivery of operational, financial or organisational change in this sector;
2. Be able to operate effectively as a core member of large multi-stakeholder delivery teams and demonstrate an ability to successfully carry out business development. They must be pro-active in identifying business opportunities for the long-term benefit of both clients and KPMG;
3. Be outcome focused, enthusiastic and self-motivated;
4. Possess excellent written and verbal communication and reasoning skills;
5. Strong commercial and financial analytical skills with the ability to interpret data, generate insights and construct solutions;
6. Have strong project management skills to deliver large or complex engagements to time, quality and to budget;
7. Understand, adhere to and promote quality and risk management standards;
8. Lead by example ensuring client needs, expectations and agenda remain at the forefront of our work; and
9. Proactively build and maintain strategic relationships with key internal & client stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree or specialist knowledge in management across performance or strategic management;
• Qualifications such as CIPD, Occupational psychology, MBA, or Prince2 would be beneficial but not essential;
• Evidence of maintaining CPD; and
• Professional Consulting, Project Management or Programme Management qualifications are desirable. Higher Education experience of driving organisation change is essential.
KPMG is acknowledged as a leading advisor and professional services provider to the UK Healthcare industry with hundreds of professionals daily supporting our clients across the country. You will be joining a successful and growing team, who are looking to consolidate recent year on year growth and deliver a step change in the size and reach of our practice including growing international revenues. This is an exciting opportunity for talented individuals who are looking to grow their skills and abilities within a well regarded and rapidly expanding team, offering clear progression opportunities.
We are keen to recruit talented people who have the energy and drive to succeed in a dynamic and challenging environment and who have a passion for delivering excellent service and building strong relationships in healthcare.
The team works in an agile and flexible manner, with plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and gain new knowledge. We are keen to support and develop our people to enable them to be the best they can be.
We believe we are market leaders in promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace and want to encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and cultures.
Take a look at our website with the link below to see “What Makes Us Different”
As a senior manager in our growing IGH practice, you will play a lead role in work across government and healthcare but have a primary focus on the delivery of work for clients related to the health and care workforce. You will also lead the design and delivery of a range of projects and large-scale programmes of work.
You will be working with clients from a broad spectrum of organisations, including the NHS and care sector organisations, regulators in health, care, education, and government departments.,
Joining our industry leading IGH practice will expose you to work on a range of high-profile assignments helping organisations, politicians, policy makers and civic leaders address their most challenging issues
This role will focus on the growth of our revenue, team, offers and market presence focusing on workforce. Specifically, expanding our market in agile workforce planning and related workforce solutions to health and care systems, including provider organisations across England. This means that you will take a lead role in building client relationships, business development from marketing and proposal development to contract and delivery of the work.
You will benefit from working with and alongside specialists from a number of disciplines and experts from our Global Centres of Excellence. Given our position as one of the leading advisors to the NHS, social care, education providers and local and central government we are frequently approached to support the most complex and high-profile programmes of work. Examples of this include our work with NHS England/Improvement, NHS Scotland, the Department of Health and Social Care, the Care Quality Commission, Nursing and Midwifery Council, General Medical Council, Health Education England and the NHS Leadership Academy,
- Propose and identify options and solutions to address complex client issues and challenges
- Perform a client delivery focused role which typically involves review of policy and regulatory issues, assessment of client need, development of appropriate solutions and communication and engagement with stakeholders and senior KPMG and client staff.
- Deliver and develop insightful proposals and propositions, which demonstrate KPMG’s market leading position.
- Develop networks across KPMG’s IGH team whilst also ensuring knowledge of wider firm services which can be used to add value for our clients on engagements.
- Be part of the proposal and delivery team on client engagements. Lead inclusive teams day-today to produce compelling analysis, presentations, reports and other deliverables that are well drafted and concise, whilst also addressing complex, politically-sensitive issues.
- Design, plan and facilitate events, workshops and interactive sessions to support our clients.
- Proactively maintain project oversight, including financial and project risk management.
- Proactively manage and provide guidance and people leadership to the wider team. Including building a diverse and inclusive team.
- Liaise regularly with the firm’s healthcare, education, and wider regulation teams.The Person
We expect that you will have
- Proven track record of delivering complex projects in healthcare, education, local government or related sectors.Knowledge and understanding of:
- You will be a talented and ambitious consultant with experience of a range of workforce related projects in health, education, central or local government, OR an experienced individual from the civil service, wider public sector or other industry sectors with a track record of policy development and project implementation skills.
- You will have the credibility and experience to lead KPMG and client teams to appraise, plan and deliver complex programmes of work.
- You will have a good understanding of the health and care policy agenda and demonstrate a strong desire to support clients in these areas.
- You will understand the changing nature of work and how this will shape the health and care workforce of the future
- You will have people and performance management experience, including experience of coaching or managing a wide range of staff.
- You will be experienced and comfortable presenting findings and analysis to boards and governing bodies of our clients and preparing papers and reports for quality review.
- Ideally, you will have experience of working with across a range of individuals and organisations and a keen interest in areas such as policy, service and workforce planning, the future of work, employee relations, the use of workforce analytics to inform strategy, how technology is shaping the way services and staff work and the role of health and care providers as anchor institutions .Qualification
The qualification for this role is not prescriptive. You will have considerable relevant experience and will need to demonstrate:
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced working environment including taking initiative, consulting with others where needed, in ambiguous and fluid situations
- Experience of leading programmes and large-scale projects
- Proficient in the use of a range of IT applications.
- Hold Security Clearance or be able to obtain clearance when you join usYou are likely to meet the skills and experience required for this role if you have consultancy experience or if you have experience of working at in a regulatory or policy environment or in a Government body or equivalent.
The role can be based in anyone of our major offices in the UK (Birmingham, Nottingham, London, Leeds, Manchester, Bristol, Edinburgh/Glasgow).
We are looking for an experienced Global Mobility Manager to work in the People Services Tax team working on a mixed portfolio of clients.
KPMG's Global Mobility Services (GMS) London Region practice is a diverse and fast-growing area of our Tax business. We serve a variety of clients in the London region, from large multi-nationals to start-ups going international for the first time. Our GMS engagement teams are “360 degree service oriented”, with tax technical, team leadership, and client-facing responsibilities as part of each successful assistant manager’s remit.
We are looking for remarkable candidates, ready for early assumption of responsibilities and close, regular contact with our dynamic leadership group.
Role and Responsibilities
• Manage the day to day UK work and lead the junior team on these clients
• Build, maintain and lead strong relationships with the clients
• Take ownership for finances
• Working closely with international colleagues, Central Co-ordination Teams, Social Security teams and Employment tax teams to ensure a proactive service delivery
• Day to day contact for allocated VIPs and working closely with the Engagement Leaders to deliver an enhanced service to the VIPs
• Ensuring clients are provided with up to date information on UK tax developments
• Preparation and review of written advice for clients, and helping to advise clients on GMS issues
• Project management of advisory projects carried out for clients
• Be involved in all aspects of cross border advisory - covering tax, Social Security, process, policy and efficiencies
• Responsibility for managing the UK tax compliance and working closely with the various delivery teams and processes
• Review of tax returns, and preparation/review of Income Tax/NIC calculations
• Carry out arrival/departure briefings for senior assignees
• Get involved in business development/proposals
• Managing and coaching of staff
• Working with a variety of size of clients
Qualifications and Skills
• ATT or CTA qualified or equivalent professional qualification
Experience and Background
• Expereience of working at Manager level in expatriate tax services
• Energetic, committed, and ambitious
• High level personal responsibility and accountability for teamwork
• Ability to identify core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
• Communicates with impact, both in speech and writing, and in a way that is open, honest, consistent, and clear
• Safeguards and enhances the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
• Motivated by a passion for the international aspects of our work, professional proficiency, and a desire to serve and lead excellent UK team
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under own initiative
• Capable of working to deadlines, showing resilience under pressure and an ability to apply knowledge to non-routine situations
• Demonstrates sound professional judgement including the ability to identify issues/concerns and consult where appropriate with more senior staff