I'm looking for
Search results for "People Consulting"
Manager – Financial Services People Consulting (Learning)
Service Line: People Consulting
Assistant Manager – National Security – People Consulting
Service Line: Operational Transformation
Director, Consulting - Powered Customer
Service Line: Customer
Connected Value Management Consulting - Manager
Service Line: Financial Management
ESG Manager - Financial Services Consulting
Service Line: Operational Transformation
GRC Transformation & Implementation Manager - Tech Risk Consulting
Service Line: Connected Technology
People Consulting is an integral part of KPMG’s Management Consultancy practice and a growing part of our business. This team helps to transform the performance of organisations by changing the way people are led, managed and developed.
We have 4 key capabilities that work across ours sectors:
- Learning solutions;
- HR Transformation;
- Organisational Transformation;
- Workforce Transformation.
We are seeking a talented Manager that can deliver real impact for our financial services clients. We require ambitious people who can deliver excellent learning solutions, build rapport, understand our client’s needs and contribute to the development of our learning offerings.
- Make it Known – including: case for change, culture assessment, stakeholder analysis, change risk assessment, comms and engagement strategy
- Make it Real – including: training needs analysis, change impact assessment, change leadership, change approach and plan
- Make it Happen – including: business readiness assessment, drive change interventions and organisational alignment, measure change
- Make it Stick – including: sustain change, align Talent and HR policies and measure outcomes against vision
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Manage a variety of projects across our people consulting capabilities, ranging from small short-term projects to a workstream within a more complex change programme Work with SMEs to develop learning content
- Manage relationships and chair meetings with senior client stakeholders
- Support Leadership Development and use a range of different assessment tools
- Manage project delivery, budget, profitability and scope
- Recognise and manage risks, issues and dependencies
- Be able to analyse complex problems and deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions
- Contribute to the growth of our people consulting practice through supporting business and proposition development activity
- Encourage the development of team members through formal and informal coaching
- Performance manage between 1 – 3 consultants and support with their development
- Work with onshore and offshore teams
Required Skills and Qualifications:
The successful candidate will require to have experience in majority of the following areas:
- Learning – experience in instructional design, development and delivery of learning programmes for different audiences and understand learning technology (LMS/LEX etc)
- Learning – good insight of the financial services market and learning trends in the banking industry and how learning and development plays a part in organisational transformation
- Communications – experience and expertise in stakeholder management, engagement and communication skills, both in writing and orally Expertise in stakeholder management, engagement and communication skills, both in writing and orally
- Cultural change – experience in cultural diagnostic, design and implementation of cultural change programmes (understanding and articulating the key drivers of cultural change)
- Organisational Design/ Behavioural Change Management - helped organisations to minimise underperformance during change through the design and delivery of a variety of interventions
- Project management – responsible for the delivery of a work stream or discrete set of deliverables
- Impact and influence – proven relationship-building and influencing skills and be a self-starter with the ability to work well with ambiguity
The following are preferred qualifications for the role:
- A primary degree and any post graduate degrees and professional qualifications are desirable but not critical e.g. CIPD, Occupational Psychology and certifications in psychometrics.
- Experience of working on projects gained working within a professional services firm, global consultancy firm and/or large private and/or public sector organisations
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. We are happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process, we can put you in touch with those in the team who already work flexibly.
People Consulting is an integral part of KPMG’s Consulting practice. The team draw upon the knowledge of a wide range of in-house experts, as well as collaborate globally with other People Consulting teams, to enable organisational transformation. The team revolutionise the way people are led, managed and developed, to ensure organisations of all shapes and sizes are future-ready.
Client megatrends and challenges which People Consulting is accustomed to dealing with include regulatory changes, disruptive technology, globalisation, changing customer needs, demographics and business impact on the environment.
People Consulting focus upon a number of key areas to support these challenges including: digitally enabled employee engagement; skills and capabilities; agile organisation and workforce; shaping the future of the workforce; behaviour change; leadership development; value-driving efficient and cost effective HR, powered by tech; predictive insightful people consulting.
The National Security sector is one of KPMG’s key priority sectors, designated for high growth over the next three years. In order to deliver our exciting growth plans, KPMG are recruiting experienced, market-focused consultants to join this team.
The team are seeking Assistant Managers to deliver People Consulting activities on National Security engagements and to support KPMG’s growth in this market.
Due to the nature of the work, it is essential for applicants to hold current 'National Security Vetting’ aligned to a National Security organisation.
We are seeking talented individuals with experience of large-scale transformation in the National Security market to deliver a number of opportunities including organisation design, talent management and learning, enabling us to deliver insight-led transformation and behavioural change implementation.
You will join an established and highly successful National Security practice, with the opportunity to leverage our leading People Consulting methodologies and continue our growth.
As an Assistant Manager in our team, we will expect you to:
- Own specific deliverables and/or areas of projects with minimal input, delivering quality outputs and helping to review and enhance the work of less experienced members of the team.
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of engagements, including work plans, timelines, project management and resource allocations.
- Assist Managers and Senior Managers to supervise and develop less experienced team members.
- Contribute to the development of National Security case studies and proposals where required.
- Build and manage relationships with clients on a daily basis.
- Contribute to the development of our People Consulting propositions and assets, bringing a National Security perspective to them.
- Take a lead in knowledge sharing and developing relevant skills within our team.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required
You will have proven experience in helping clients to deliver large-scale organisation transformation underpinned by insights, including:
- Experience in applying a range of change management techniques, with demonstrable results.
- Experience designing and embedding performance culture and behaviours through understanding of behavioural science, performance management and capability-building.
- Proven expertise in advising clients on how best to use people data to derive insights and embed a data-oriented approach to decision-making.
- Experience designing and delivering modern learning interventions through understanding the way people learn and retain knowledge and skills.
- Ability to leverage sector knowledge and experience to contextualise solutions to National Security clients with short turnaround times.
- The ability to develop strong client relationships with client personnel at all levels.
- Experience of organisational design, behavioural change implementation and sustainment, culture change and learning, talent and people capability development.
- Knowledge and accreditation within key tools for culture and change management methodology (e.g. culture change diagnostics).
Our clients are facing a future of massive disruption driven by shifting customer and consumer expectations and behaviours, digital technology, advanced analytics, new competition, and regulatory change. KPMG is expanding its Corporates Management Consulting team to help our clients to successfully navigate this disruption and take advantage of new opportunities.
Our ambition is to become the digital transformation go-to partner for our clients, helping them to deliver greater business value from their marketing, sales, commerce and service functions and capabilities. Through our Powered Customer proposition, we deliver accelerated enterprise business transformation using cloud-based solutions, pre-designed assets and leading practices to enable our clients to make better, faster decisions, resulting in a quicker, more outcome focused implementations with faster return on investment. Our approach and solutions combine the breadth and scale of KPMG’s leading advisory and technology practices, capabilities and insight to drive real transformation, real change, real outcomes.
You will join the KPMG Customer team within Consulting, sitting in our transformation capability. The role will focus on our Powered Customer proposition, which leverages our Salesforce and Microsoft technology expertise and alliances to design, build and deliver solutions that unlock value. Our management consultants and our technology consultants are the same – client focused, functional advice combined with technology enablement, one team, one dialogue, driving change and outcomes.
We need high-performing individuals with knowledge and experience of transforming customer-facing functions and operations (Marketing, Sales, Ecommerce, Field Service, Customer Service). We are looking for individuals who can help clients to maximise the ROI and business value from their Salesforce estate, who represent the commercial and business performance requirements. We want individuals who understand the technology but can shape and define the strategic business transformation agenda. This is a high-profile role within the team, requiring a balance of business development, sales origination, and client delivery.
This is a senior, client facing role which focuses on selling and leading large customer-centric CRM-based change programmes. As a Director you are responsible for driving the connected customer agenda, bringing the best capabilities for improving customer experience and building and maintaining senior client relationships. The Director has a track record of working across industries, with significant experience of Corporates’ target sectors.
This role is focused on building and leading teams of consultants and technologists to win and deliver Salesforce enabled projects. Our projects are rarely stand-alone, and the successful candidate will need to work with capabilities and solutions drawn from across broader KPMG.
Directors have a strong business development element to their role which involves building relationships internally as well as with our key target clients to identify and shape future opportunities. The role will involve working across the firm to develop tailored propositions; and engaging our clients with these value propositions.
The Director’s key responsibilities include to:
Have a strong, working knowledge of strategic CRM investments and initiatives across the front-office functions and how to structure these into a transformation project
Developing projects’ business case and benefits tracking
Work with our Connected Technology Salesforce and Microsoft teams to prototype, test, integrate technology
Lead the origination of client’s solutions and to lead the bidding, winning, and delivering of CRM-enabled digital transformation engagements of significant size and scope.
Build new and maintain existing client relationships to generate longer-term revenue
Help clients focus on generating value through their CRM and front-office investments, with a clear performance focus and value creation.
Support the Powered Customer lead and overall Customer leadership team together with origination and Go-To-Market plans
Ensure that projects or their work-streams within a large engagement are effectively scoped, managed and delivered on time, to budget and within agreed risk frameworks.
Experience leading local and distributed teams effectively
Experience of multi-cloud and vendor solutions such as Commerce Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud
Interested and experience in business development activities, responding to RFPs from a technical and commercial perspective
Experience of end-to-end solution delivery, from requirements gathering workshops all the way through to post-implementation support and adoption analysis
Experience and Background
We are looking for someone with a strong work ethic to join a dynamic and fast-growing part of our business, and who will play a key role in delivering Powered Customer projects in the UK.
Comes from a consulting or technology services background or industry-based CRM programme delivery background with experience of designing, building, and delivering solutions.
Have experience of CRM-enabled transformation across front-office functions.
Comes with experience of working in one of these industries – FMCG, retail, automotive, utilities, business services, manufacturing, or telco.
Demonstrates effectiveness in tackling complex assignments, balancing competing priorities and managing multiple stakeholders.
Qualifications and Skills
More specifically the successful candidate should be able to demonstrate the following key skills:
Significant experience in front-office functional transformation based on Salesforce or Microsoft CRM solution stacks
Excellent project and programme management skills including experience in large cross functional and/or cross geographical programmes
Experience in managing client relationships
Leading bid teams, including demonstrable examples of winning revenue for a business
Articulate the value of the CRM platform technologies in business to a non-technical audience in a clear and compelling fashion.
Strong understanding of the application of agile methodology
Creative problem-solving ability, inquisitive mind-set, comfortable with working in ambiguous situations. Ability to work independently with limited oversight.
Strong attention to detail and excellent commercial and deal-creation skills
Excellent facilitation and presentation skills.
Ability to deliver high quality assignments under time pressure.
Ability to grow and develop people working for them.
Our Connected Value Management practice is a priority area for significant and strategic growth and the team works with leading Investment and Retail Financial Services Institutions, focusing on understanding the core issues and opportunities, in order to deliver value-adding change across their functions. The key drivers of change for our clients are value creation and cost reduction, leveraging analytics capabilities to deliver these outcomes. Our service offerings reflect this demand.
Roles & Responsibilities
Successful candidates should have Financial Services Industry experience, and in particular knowledge/experience of consulting to design/deliver solutions which have assisted in driving the client’s strategy. They should also be able to demonstrate the following:
• Management and input into the development of technical solutions delivered to the Client
• Manage teams to deliver client delivery workstreams
• Take accountability for the successful delivery of engagement outputs and Client outcomes
• Provide structure and direction to the delivery of engagement activities
• Build positive and collaborative relationships with senior Client stakeholders
• Facilitate collaborative and fulfilling working environments for the Client and KPMG staff on engagements
• Leading development of client solutions and propositions, including embedding these within technology applications
• Analysis of business drivers of Financial Services firms to enable the design of fit for purpose Client solutions
• Ownership and review of analysis and reports delivered to Clients
• The candidate will need to build and leverage both internal and external relationships to support Partners, Directors and Senior managers in driving business development and sales activities
• Contribute to the development of response for proposals (RFPs) to Client opportunities
• Develop innovative and Client focused go-to-market propositions
• Build credibility and relationships in the market
• Seek to cross-sell and bring opportunities to other part of the firm where appropriate
• Support senior management with internal operational responsibilities for the team
• Lead practice development initiatives (that grow and promote the CVM practice internally and externally) and provide guidance to junior members of the team on these initiatives
• Lead and/or contribute to formal training, knowledge sharing, networking activities for the team
• Act as informal career development mentor and coach for junior members of the team
Skills, Experience & Qualifications Core / Necessary skills & experience
• Previous Transformation delivery experience in Strategy, Sales, Operations, Finance
• Awareness and understanding of organisational strategy and link to business drivers
• Understanding of organisational processes and reporting requirements in one or more key business functions (Strategy, Sales, Operations, Finance)
• Experience in designing data, technology and business solutions to meet Client issues and challenges
• Functional experience with delivery of solutions using tools like SAP, Oracle, Anaplan, Qlik, PowerBI, Tagetik or similar
• Strong people manager who is able to lead small teams and develop/coach others
• Experience of working with and developing strong relationships with Front office (Client sales teams)
• Experience working with and influencing stakeholders
• Project management experience
• Strong analytical and numerical skills
• Strong Powerpoint skills with ability to deliver exec level reporting and client deliverables
• Strong excel skills with ability to perform high level / detailed modelling
• Ability to create and deliver high level presentations and outputs to senior stakeholders
• Manage diverse project teams with a mixed of Client, KPMG, 3rd party suppliers and independent contractor resources
• Ability to review and challenge information that has been provided by other team members, ensuring the information is ‘fit for purpose’ and at the right level of granularity
Additional skills and experience (preferred)
One or more of the following qualifications:
• Accountancy qualification with strong post qualification experience (or equivalent experience)
• Consulting experience
Successful Candidates Should Have Experience in One Or More of The Following Areas
• Building value driver trees and value/benefit modelling at FS organisations
• Design and or delivery of business planning capabilities (Scenario Planning models, Financial/Operational planning solutions)
• Delivery of engagements which are part of Strategy development and/or execution within the business. This may include development of business cases, definition of financial and non-financial benefits to be delivered from the strategy
• Delivery of reporting solutions in Finance, Strategy or Operations to drive decision making. This includes elements of KPI framework design, KPI definition and development, delivery of a reporting solution in technology, cost to serve, sell and profitability analysis
• Development of cost management capabilities which includes intercompany or cross functional cost allocations design/review, multi-dimensional profitability analysis and/or solution delivery and definition of service costing methodology within an organisation
• Delivery of engagements in the Sales function including Sales op model design, developing single customer views, sales planning enablement
• Design and implementation of Target Operating Models within Operations, Finance or Sales functions
• Experience across all phases of the Solution lifecycle including conceptual design, POC, vendor selection, Programme mobilisation, solution design, delivery management, testing and Dry-run
ESG is the fastest growing area of our Financial Services consulting business. Financial Services institutions not only have a responsibility to ensure their own business is environmentally and socially sustainable but also to act as the catalyst for change throughout our economy.
Our FS ESG team works hand in hand with financial institutions across the UK and globally – ranging from large house-hold names to boutique organisations. We consult across the breadth and depth of ESG issues: from top of the house strategy and vision through to detailed policy and reporting.
We are looking for experienced ESG experts to join our growing team, particularly those who have worked on sustainable finance solutions and who have a real passion for implementing practical change and innovative transformation.
Roles and responsibilities:
We are seeking an ambitious Manager who is comfortable working collaboratively with others. We need people who can understand complex problems, shape solutions and communicate with a clear and engaging style.
Indicative responsibilities of the role include:
- Working closely with a variety of clients across Banking, Insurance and Asset Management
- Manage projects across our FS ESG capabilities, ranging from small short-term projects to running workstreams within more complex projects with a team of consultants
- Manage relationships and chair meetings with senior client stakeholders
- Work closely with the project leader and team members to successfully deliver project outcomes
- Provide specialist and technical input and review of others’ inputs in the design and development of ESG transformation deliverables
- Contribute to the growth of our FS ESG practice through supporting business and proposition development activity, particularly developing thought leadership on trends in sustainable finance
- Work closely with a mixture of onshore and offshore team members
- Performance manage between 1 – 3 consultants and support with their development
Experience and skills
The successful candidate will have:
- In depth knowledge and experience working in the ESG space with Financial Services organisations
- Experience working with senior individuals in the Financial Services sector
- An understanding of ESG strategy, transformation roadmaps and policy setting
- Strong understanding of the current challenges and opportunities for the FS industry across ESG
- Experience delivering projects and outcomes and managing a team
- Ability to demonstrate a keen interest in ESG and an open mind set to continue learning
- ESG relevant qualifications preferred
The Technology Risk Consulting is a fast-growing department that currently consists of about 350 + professionals across sectors, of which roughly half are based in our Canary Wharf office in Canada Square in London. We have a mix of clients across sectors. Our engagements often take place in an international context which requires us to provide services across the globe, often in close cooperation with other KPMG offices.
The Financial Services Technology Risk Consulting team is focused on providing consultancy, advice and assurance services to clients like RBS, HSBC, Barclays and Direct Line. The market is evolving at pace and innovating, whilst embracing the digital age. We are building out our team to advise clients on emerging and legacy technology risks and controls. We are focused on project and programme risk, operational and technology resilience, technology risk and control, impact of regulatory change on data and technology, third party risk management and GRC implementations. We deliver our work through consulting projects, focused on risk and control assurance, as well as projects with 2nd and 3rd lines of defence
Within Technology Risk Consulting, our GRC team are communities of technology focussed professionals who work together to deliver SaaS GRC based transformation programmes based on KPMG Powered Enterprise. The teams use their functional knowledge and experience coupled with their expertise in the cloud applications (e.g. ServiceNow, MetricStream) to lead and deliver client programmes, to support pre-sales activities and to develop improvement and extensions to the Powered Enterprise model. Our GRC projects include delivery of business cases, roadmaps, system remediation work, process re-design, risk management solutions, data analysis, security solutions, compliance management and continuous controls monitoring.
This role requires GRC process, functional and technical knowledge with good grasp of business processes, delivering projects and assurance services. Exposure to use of GRC tools and technology both from functional and technical perspective is essential. The successful candidate will be involved in client facing and client relationship building across of range of corporate and FS clients.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Will include some or all of the following:
• Lead multiple client GRC engagements.
• Responsibility for the overall output from GRC client engagements. This includes providing services to implement GRC and transform client’s operation covering core areas namely risk management, regulatory management, controls monitoring and access control.
• Our GRC projects include delivery of business cases, roadmaps, system remediation work, process re-design, risk management solutions, data analysis, security solutions, compliance management and continuous controls monitoring.
• Understand GRC related client issues across different sectors e.g. Banking, Insurance, Wealth Asset Management.
• A deep understanding of GRC technology platforms and their strengths and weaknesses e.g. ServiceNow, MetricStream, Archer, OpenPages.
• Scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production and review of deliverables.
• Building and managing excellent client relationships across a range of clients.
• Developing internal networks and maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, but in the wider IT Consulting areas.
• Contributing to innovation and practice management, e.g. new services, training, knowledge management.
• Coaching and developing team members both as part of our overall Performance Management process or on specific engagements.
• Ability to identify and assess complex GRC programmes, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly to all levels.
Experience and Skills:
A combination of the following:
• Proven experience of successfully architecting, integrating, managing and delivering GRC services (including implementations, creating business cases and roadmaps, assurance reviews and maturity assessments) to medium/large, multi-national clients.
• Experience in certain key sectors e.g. Banking and Insurance.
• Ability to align client and sector specific issues to our GRC services.
• Delivered or involved in a number of enterprise risk management engagements which have included a technology workstream and implementation.
• Experience in transformation and business change programmes.
• Advising clients that operate GRC solutions on business benefits, solution fit and typical challenges.
• Experience of key GRC solutions (for example MetricStream, ServiceNow, Archer, OpenPages).
• Process expertise in GRC areas e.g. risk management, compliance & regulation, controls automation, continuous controls monitoring and security.
• Experience of using GRC related data analysis tools.
• Familiarity with regulatory compliance models and standards.
• Great relationship/stakeholder management skills at all levels.
• Proven communication and presentation skills.
• 10+ years of work experience.
• Proven experience of successfully delivering technology risk services.
• “Big 4” professional services or dynamic IT consultancy environment experience.
Prince II or PMI qualified (Desirable)
Degree/masters qualification in IT (Desirable)
Demonstrated commercial experience in
• GRC Solution Certifications (Desirable)
• Accounting / Audit Qualification ACA (Desirable)
• IT Assurance Qualifications CISA (Desirable)