I'm looking for
Search results for "People Consulting"
IFRS Specialist – Senior Manager - International Standards Group (ISG)
Service Line: Exceptional Items
Associate Director - Integration and Seperation
Service Line: Transaction Services
IT Audit Senior Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: Audit
Dynamics 365 F&O Functional Lead Consultant
Service Line: Exceptional Items
Associate - Corporate Finance / Valuations - FS Sector - London
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Senior Manager – Corporate Treasury Services
Service Line: Audit
Position: IFRS Specialist - Senior Manager – International Standards Group (ISG)
Location: London, United Kingdom
Grade: Senior Manager
Opening date: 18/6/2020
Closing date: 16/07/2020
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
KPMG UK are seeking a new Senior Manager to work in our International Standards Group as an IFRS Specialist. The role involves developing content including publications, guidance, training and other communications to support the consistent interpretation and application of IFRS Standards. As part of this role, you will support one or more global IFRS technical topic teams, participate in technical discussions and queries, author or review content, and support leadership in their interactions with the International Accounting Standards Board. In addition, the role provides support to the Chief Operating Officer / People Leader in discharging their responsibilities.
- Develop KPMG positions on interpreting and applying International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs), other than standards related to insurance contracts or financial instruments.
- Remain abreast of accounting developments and assist with providing feedback to global accounting standard setters
- Respond to technical consultations
- Identify emerging issues, conduct research, perform analysis and develop technical guidance
- Contribute to KPMG thought leadership by preparing internal and external communications/publications
- Develop training materials and deliver training. Review internal/external training materials for technical accuracy.
- Assist with managing one or more Global IFRS Topic Teams
- Learning from, and building relationships with, senior leadership around the world, including global topic team leadership and senior country representatives.
- Attend meetings held by the International Accounting Standards Board
- Assist the Chief Operating Officer / People Leader with:
- Budgeting and business planning
- Internal management reporting and external financial reporting
- Recruitment and people management
- Communicating with and obtaining input from stakeholders including global leadership, global groups and member firms
Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
- Relevant professional qualification - ACA, or international/local equivalent (ACCA, CPA)
- Demonstrable technical knowledge and experience interpreting and applying IFRS Standards
- Recent, extensive technical accounting experience gained through working in a technical department of a “Big 4” accounting firm
- Demonstrable experience in evaluating technical issues, analysing fact patterns, consulting internally and arriving at solutions across a range of complex IFRS technical accounting matters
- Communication skills – ability to explain complex ideas simply, convey key messages convincingly, experience preparing internal and/or external communications
- The right mindset – can see the big picture whilst giving attention to detail, ambitious, enthusiastic
- Commitment to building the reputation of KPMG through quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Personal effectiveness - strong organisational and project management skills, ability to successfully manage projects and deliver on time, ability to work effectively within teams and independently with a commitment to high performance and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrable experience participating in working groups, conveying views in technical discussions to arrive at an agreed outcome.
KPMG's Integration & Separation Advisory Team works with both acquirers and vendors on pre- and post-deal Integration and Separation issues related to M&A or similar transactions. There are a number of key proposition areas:
- Synergy evaluation – understanding the potential benefits and costs of a transaction.
- Pre-completion planning – developing high level plans for the first 100 days by workstream, setting up programme governance and developing Day 1 plans to take control.
- First 100 days and long term integration implementation – fully mobilised integration team with a prioritised set of opportunities and realisation of quick wins.
Demerger and Separation – understanding the separation options and giving assistance to deliver a credible, discrete standalone entity on Day 1 with value preserved and business continuity ensured
- Joint Ventures and partnerships design and implementation support
We work closely alongside our colleagues within KPMG's Deal Advisory who conduct financial, commercial and operational due diligence and a wide range of Deal Advisory services (Valuations, M&A Tax, Capital markets Advisory services etc.) providing an integrated and value-adding service to our clients to help make their transactions successful.
We work regularly on 'front page headline' deals for a client base comprising a wide range of publicly listed corporates, private companies, private equity houses and public sector organisations.
The Associate Director Role
The role will have 5 distinct core parts to it which are Client Delivery, Risk Management, Business Development, Practice Development and Leadership within the team (on a project).
The role of an AD is about leading an Integration or Separation engagement at deal pace and delivering high quality client work alongside senior client stakeholders. Working in a transaction environment which may be pre or post deal, and can range from early planning, developing summary or fully detailed and costed “blueprint plans”, planning for D1, planning post deal implementation, and ultimately supporting execution. Including:
- Producing and overseeing development of the initial and final draft updates, outputs and deliverables to required timescale and ahead of Partner / Director review
- Leading client interactions and updates around the deliverables and outputs of an Integration or Separation engagement
- Understanding of the operations of a business across all functional areas, and understanding the interdependencies between organisations and the transaction workstreams
- Project managing across the entire separation/integration programme/a number of different workstreams on such programme
- Closely working with a respective Director/Partner on an engagement developing engagement strategy, budget, delivery plan etc.
- Leading any wider KPMG teams on an engagement in accordance with scope agreed with the respective Director/Partner
The role foresees that the respective individual understands and adheres to KPMG engagement quality and risk management procedures and guidelines. Those guidelines need to be consistently applied on each engagement to protect the interests of our clients as well as KPMG
Business and practice development:
- As an AD in the core I&S team the individuals are expected to actively contribute to developing pitches, proposals and external market initiatives which help us to win new work as well as look out and help to convert new opportunities on existing engagements
- From a practice development perspective all Associate Directors in the core team are supporting initiatives which help us to become more skilled as a team and improve our team performance. Those initiatives range from Knowledge Management to People related initiatives
- An AD is expected to bring respective experience in managing large scale integrations and separation in order to be able to assume leadership role in regard to clients and our own teams
- As an AD typically performs one of the leading roles on an engagement, her/his role on an engagement is seen as a leadership role modelling right behaviours to the team
- An AD is expected to be challenging our people to be curious and innovative on all engagements and internal work and supportive for each other. At the same time ensuring that all outcomes are commercially focussed, value adding and effectively executed
- Experience working within a Deals/M&A environment ideally within the Integration & Separation space and in a broader role with a solid understanding of operational interdependencies and implementation challenges
- Ideal candidate would have previous experience in consulting as well as industry. The latter preferably in the M&A/Business Development team with the focus on originating and executing deals up until the operational implementation is completed
- Project/programme management experience ideally from working on complex/large scale projects
- An understanding of the market drivers, challenges and opportunities impacting our client’s strategies and priorities, enabling them to position solutions and ideas which take these into account
- Possess a genuine interest in building and commercialising relationships having the ability to interact with our clients on a consultative manner as a trusted advisor
- Demonstrate curiosity and innovation, striving for continuous improvement, exercising professional judgement and making a positive and lasting impact
- Commitment and ambition to develop personally and professionally to achieve their full potential, acting as a role model, coach and colleague to other team members.
- Individuals should be comfortable working in the high pressured yet often ambiguous and flexible conditions that characterise transactions.
Expected basic skills:
- Previous exposure to integration/Separation projects throughout the life cycle of a transaction (from origination to implementation)
- Financial awareness
- Presentation (oral and written)
- Good client relationship skills
- Analysis and problem solving
- Report writing
- Strong team player - we pride ourselves on the way we work with and support each other.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to demonstrate personal impact, flexibility, drive and commitment.
Within the FS IT Audit team, our work involves providing consultancy, assurance, advice and attestation to clients on their IT systems and processes. Our focus is on IT risk management, IT controls testing, IT project assurance, and the technology and data aspects of regulation. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, large scale consulting projects and as part of external and internal audit engagements.
• Work with Partners and Directors in delivering technology risk services with an emphasis on Internal Audit services to the Insurance sector.
• Take responsibility for a large portfolio of audit clients (Internal audit) and deliver IT audit services to this portfolio to time, budget and quality.
• Taking responsibility for the overall output from client engagements including scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production, quality and review of deliverables.
• The role holder will also need to generate new work for the team through actively leading sales and proposal activity within the insurance market with the leadership team and insurance markets group.
• Building and maintaining excellent relationships across a range of clients and prospects.
• Participating in service line development, reporting to the service line leader on progress of development, sales and delivery.
• Developing internal networks and maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, in particular in the wider IT Advisory practice.
• Coaching, mentoring and developing team members, both on and off engagements (e.g. setting goals and appraising performance), and contributing to practice management (e.g. training and knowledge sharing).
Experience and Background
• Extensive ITGC experience within Financial Services
• Proven experience in an IT risk and control / audit environment and managing a large IT External Audit portfolio.
• Able to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly.
• Strong project management skills including being able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, to manage teams effectively, and to deliver projects on time and to budget.
• Able to add value to assignments through an analytical approach to work, and adept at challenging existing processes to identify and implement smarter ways of working.
• Able to develop excellent client and internal relationships at all levels of seniority.
• Proficient at creating and delivering captivating presentations to audiences comprising groups of clients, prospects and/or internal staff.
• Able to motivate and lead teams of up to 5 people and also work on own initiative.
• Experience in business analysis and understanding of core business processes within a financial services environment.
• Experience of auditing application controls for a range of business processes within a financial services environment.
• UK Financial Services experience is essential
• Must have the right to work in the UK
This role is therefore kingpin to KPMG Microsoft Business Solutions customer delivery of Microsoft Dynamics 365O solutions. It is a dynamic and exciting opportunity to join a rapidly developing business area within an established and market-leading global firm that is KPMG Microsoft Business Solutions.
— Experience with Dynamics 365 for Operations (D365O) or AX2012 with at least a minimum of 10 years
— Along with experience in end to end implementations
— Experience with (D365O) interfacing and Integration
— Experience in consulting and very good presentation skills
— Knowledge in gathering technical requirement
— Beneficial to know LCS and VSTS
— Experience responding to RFPs and RFQs is a must
— Experience in mentoring consultants is a must
Qualifications and Skills
— Microsoft Dynamics (preferably including D365O) implementation experience including the following modules and areas
— General Ledger
— Accounts Receivable
— Accounts payable
— Cash and Bank Management
— Project Management and Accounting
— Fixed Assets
— Management Reporter
— Financial Consolidation and elimination experience
— Experience with electronic banking file needs
— Advanced knowledge in Financial workflow or journal approval
— Outstanding understanding of Accounting processes, principles, functionality & systems
— Microsoft Dynamics certifications
— Solid Finance background (ACA/ACCA/CIMA part qualified or qualified is desirable but not
— Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) a plus
— Exudes confidence
— Works independently as well as in a team environment
— Acts with professional demeanour
— Manages time and multiple tasks accordingly
— Thinks clearly and calmly under pressure
— Solves complex problems with creative solutions
— Places emphasis on client satisfaction
— Desires to constantly assess and incorporate new technologies and software into their
— Promotes the Values of our company
— Leads people and helps to grow them in their role
The Valuation Group is seeking an experienced valuations specialist to support the Group at Associate level, based in London. The team is advising on complex and global valuation assessments in the context of transactions, accounting requirements and valuations for reporting purposes to the fund investors.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Construction and maintenance of valuation models.
- Designs, performs and interprets advanced financial analysis with minimal guidance.
- Brief, manage, prioritise and review the work of one or more junior colleagues including KGS.
- Take responsibility for ensuring project planning, monitoring and administration is in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Providing guidance and mentoring for junior team members.
- Day-to-day contact with the client including attending client meetings and drafting client communications.
- Using own initiative and sound judgement to identify key issues and client needs, developing suggested valuation methodologies and approach, elevating and consulting with other team members as required.
- Producing written reports tailored to client’s specific needs and requirements on the project.
- Clearly presents key issues from analysis to the clients as well as presenting at internal department meetings.
- Takes responsibility for one or more team initiatives.
- Actively supports the team in relationship management initiatives for business development initiatives.
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following:
- ACA or equivalent qualification.
- A minimum of 6 years experience working in the FS sector specifically within insurance.
- Experience of working on buyside and sell side deals in the insurance sector.
- Experience of the range of valuation methodologies including purchase price allocations, discount cash flow, income and cost approach.
- Strong quantitative and Excel skills.
- Excellent attention to detail with an ability to deliver high quality presentations and analysis.
- Strongly rated self-starter who demonstrates initiative, confidence and solid influencing skills.
- Strong project management skills and demonstrable ability to deliver high quality work
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven record of getting quickly up to speed and gain in-depth understanding of the business operations, the industry and the economy in question.
Opening date: 1/7/20
Closing date: 28/7/20
Competitive salary plus negotiable bonus and benefits
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth. The team offer deep treasury expertise in financial products and markets, risk management, systems, governance, valuation and accounting, and work closely with other high impact functions within KPMG such as Audit, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting to provide a wide range of treasury advisory and audit services, including:
- Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
- Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
- Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
- Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
- Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR and Basel III
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
- Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
- Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
- Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
- Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
- Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders