I'm looking for
Search results for "People Consulting"
Audit Manager - Banking
Service Line: Audit
FS Audit Manager - Manchester/Leeds/Liverpool
Service Line: Audit
Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Technical Architect
Service Line: Exceptional Items
Associate Director - Power & Utilities - Cost Assessment
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Restructuring Senior Administrator
Service Line: Restructuring
Senior Business Development Manager - Aberdeen
Service Line: Coverage Central
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
We are currently looking to consolidate our leading position within the Banking marketplace by appointing talented and enthusiastic qualified Accountants at Manager level within our Banking Audit department in London.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work on some of the largest opportunities in the marketplace and will be exposed to excellent career development opportunities within a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary team. Working alongside Directors and Partners, you will be in a senior client facing role, forging strong relationships with top tier banking clients.
As an Audit Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of leading and delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of Banking clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an on-going basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
- Leading a field work team including supervising, mentoring and coaching junior members of staff to help them reach their full potential
- Managing a portfolio of audit clients by delivering high quality audit and assurance services, reporting directly to audit Partners and Directors
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients; managing timetables, anticipating costs and managing audit finances
- Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients
- Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues
- Preparing client deliverables, building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- You may also have the opportunity to work on specific audit related projects and tenders across the audit function
- Be part of the Banking department management group and drive firm’s strategic initiatives
- Being a performance manager to trainee accountants
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Must demonstrate gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
- IT literacy with good knowledge of Word / Excel / PowerPoint
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
- Sound working knowledge of IFRS, UK GAAP and CASS. Experience with US GAAP is preferable though not essential
Knowledge & Experience:
- Significant financial statement audit experience, ideally within professional services
- Extensive external audit experience with financial services clients, ideally in the Banking sector
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders
- Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Commitment to building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry
We are currently looking for a qualified Accountant at Manager level to join our thriving Financial Services Audit department in the Regions. Based in our Manchester office, you will be part of a collaborative team in a fast paced and challenging environment.
KPMG is one of the leading Audit and Assurance practices in the UK whose success and reputation depends upon the quality and integrity of our services - and our people. As a member of our team you will benefit from extensive training and education to keep you up to speed with current changes in regulation, accounting and auditing standards.
As a Manager you will be involved in all aspects of overseeing and ensuring the delivery of audit and assurance engagements from planning through to completion. Your role will include executive level client interaction and provide you with exposure to multiple clients on a regular basis. Recent client wins have prompted growth and expansion of the sector.
As part of a high performing team you will be offered extensive professional development and support. You will be allocated a partner to assist with your career development and performance management to help you in meeting your professional goals. Our top performers are often encouraged to pursue internal secondments and international assignments to broaden their skills set. You may also have the opportunity to be involved in project based work across the firm.
· You will build a portfolio of clients and have responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team (including other specialists), monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include planning and reviewing audit fieldwork, statutory reporting and project management.
· Keeping partners up to date with progress throughout the course of the assignment.
· Preparing and reviewing reports to senior management and audit committees.
· Supervising and coaching junior members of staff
· On-site involvement and being the key point of contact for senior level client staff throughout the year
· Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings, identifying sales opportunities that will help us grow our business.
· Involvement in the department leadership team aiming to continue the growth of our Financial Services department in the Midlands.
Qualifications and Skills:
The FS Audit Manager candidate will meet the following criteria:
· Professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body, ACA, ACCA or CPA.
· Significant audit experience including practical experience within a Big 4 Accountancy firm or mid tier firm.
· Significant exposure to Financial Services audits is required
· Sound & practical working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
· You are required to possess well developed leadership, supervisory and coaching skills and have the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
· Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
· Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
We are looking for an experienced Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (D365FO) Technical Architect to be accountable for the technical design of D365FO solutions and the supporting infrastructure. You will work closely with both the functional team and the clients of KPMG. Your day-to-day function will require you to work closely with Consultants in designing solutions tailored to the customers’ requirements, which are often large-scale enterprise D365FO projects. This will require you to take a hands-on approach in designing and leading the technical implementation of Dynamics products, working with both onshore and offshore development teams. You will need to demonstrate an effective balance between management skills and a broad range of technical skills.
The D365FO Technical Architect is a key role to KPMG. It is a dynamic and exciting opportunity to join a rapidly developing business area within an established and market-leading global firm that is KPMG.
— The D365FO Technical Architect will lead the technical delivery of D365FO;
— Be a champion for technical solutions on the Microsoft platform with a strong understanding of Dynamics D365FO development practices, and a good knowledge of other development techniques;
— Provide capability to develop sector specific templates to enhance the out of the box D365FO functionality, giving KPMG a unique selling point and also a resalable asset;
— Deliver high quality development services to clients;
— Work closely with the architecture team to design and develop our most complex customer needs, providing development only where these requirements cannot be met through configuration - Creating high quality and sustainable client solutions and project documentation;
— Deliver training needs within the team and coach junior staff members;
— Deliver all consultancy according to the KPMG Project Methodology, ensuring that all software applications are implemented successfully according to the project plan;
— Meet and exceed customer expectations of business knowledge, skills and behaviour;
— Identify business/project risk and mitigate or communicate as necessary;
— Communicate progress updates to relevant parties both formally and informally;
— Participate in pre-sales activities as requested;
— Support practice development activities such as defining and configuring industry specific templates;
— Carry out additional duties as may occur from time to time as instructed and agreed by the Directors;
— In all activities, ensure timely completion of internal processes and mandatory training;
— Represent KPMG in a professional and positive manner at all times.
Qualifications and Skills:
— Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
— Excellent presentation and consultancy skills;
— Ideally a minimum of 4-years hands-on experience with Dynamics AX 2012 and 2009, including appropriate certification;
— Experience with or exposure to Dynamics 365FO will be considered a strong positive;
— Experience of using PowerApps, Logic Apps, Common Data Service and other Azure Services;
— Knowledge of Lifecycle Services and Visual Studio Team Services;
— Experience in other technologies such as SQL, PowerBI, SharePoint along with a good knowledge of .Net;
— Knowledge of end to end D365FO implementation;
— Experience with D365FO interfacing and integration;
— Knowledge in gathering technical requirements;
— Knowledge of Agile and other Sure Step methodologies;
— Good understanding of functional capabilities of D365FO – including certification in one of the following:
- Human Resources
- Project Management and Accounting
- Procurement & Sourcing
- Trade & Logistics
— Experience in responding to RFPs and RFQs would be beneficial;
— Knowledge of best practices for working with offshore teams;
— Graduate degree from a University;
Experience and Background
— Expertise in providing development solutions in a D365FO environment; Extensive experience as an ERP consultant;
— Experience with D365FO in a Development Consulting role;
— Experience of at least two large scale ERP implementations;
— Adept at Business Requirement Analysis with a focus on reducing development effort;
— Pre-sales experience;
— Excellent presentation and demonstration skills;
— Business process mapping, modelling and documentation knowledge;
— Experience of mentoring junior and offshore staff.
- Experience defining and implementing Integration Design Patterns
- Experience defining and implementing a Data Migration Strategy
- Experience working with and deploying code packages and environment update releases
- Experience defining and implementing a BI Reporting Strategy
The role is based in Canary Wharf in London. The Salary to be paid is competitive.
KPMG’s Infrastructure Group in the UK consists of over 150 professionals and is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading independent business, financial and regulatory advisers in infrastructure. The group has won many awards, including Financial Advisor of the Year (Infrastructure Journal) for several years. The group has locations in London, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Leeds and Manchester, but is organised on a national basis, operating under a single national cost centre.
We provide in-depth advice on strategic, financial, regulatory and commercial issues driving investments in infrastructure across Transport, Power & Utilities, and Social Infrastructure in the UK and globally. Our work includes market and policy design, economic and regulatory analysis, deal structuring and execution, as well as strategic and transaction advice to enable private and public capital to fund infrastructure. We work closely with other functions within KPMG to advise clients on mergers and acquisitions, valuations, tax, accounting, and due diligence.
The utilities sector is the largest business area for the Infrastructure Group and encompasses work for large clients in the sector, including all of the leading UK energy and water companies as well as some of the largest utilities in Europe and beyond. We provide in-depth strategic and technical advice on corporate finance and corporate financial management, regulatory finance, regulatory policy, business and financial planning, cost assessment and benchmarking as well as other drivers affecting value. Our work combines elements of policy, finance, strategy and economics to assist our clients in structuring investments, securing financing, supporting regulatory regimes and maximising shareholder value. We are widely recognised by many industry stakeholders as market leaders influencing the future of the utilities sector. For example, we are advising three of the four water companies that referred their PR19 final determinations to the CMA.
Our business is continuously expanding and we are looking for high quality candidates to support our Power & Utilities business with a particular focus on cost assessment, modelling and benchmarking as well as financial analysis. This is to support the development of new service lines, building on the work already undertaken in the Group.
- Building relationships with clients and developing wider networks with clients and other advisors
- Running coverage of clients, supporting our reputation as a leading advisor in the utilities sector
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge
- Maintaining a good understanding of the regulatory frameworks and their financial implications
- Proactive business development to identify new opportunities
- Leading the development of proposals and supporting pitching for new business with ideas
- Managing delivery of several medium to large size engagements on a day to day basis
- Ensuring quality of economic and financial analysis as well as written and verbal advice
- Being responsible for the quality of deliverables produced for clients
- Providing effective management, coaching and mentoring of junior staff on specific engagements
- Managing junior members of the team and as part of the wider business
- Developing the team, inspiring and empowering team members
- Ensuring compliance procedures are adhered to
- Recognising and addressing potential risks
- Any other duties commensurate with the role
- Have significant experience in the utilities sector, in the industry, as a regulatory, policy maker or as a consultant specialising in these sectors
- Have a detailed knowledge of the current UK regulatory regimes and regulatory mechanics for utilities as well as their application
- Understand operations of the wider utilities sector, its structure, composition, stakeholders and relevant policy debates
- Be highly skilled in quantitative economic analysis, cost assessment in particular, have detailed knowledge and experience of statistics and econometrics, ideally applied in the utilities sectors
- Have a sound knowledge of finances and financial structures of regulated utilities (we will consider candidates with deep expertise in financial analysis even if they do not have econometrics or cost assessment experience, or vice versa)
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of economic and financial theory and its application
- Provide compelling and well-thought out solutions to complex economic and financial problems, being able to provide persuasive and self-assured responses in a credible manner
- Bring excellent report writing, quantitative analysis (Stata or equivalent), Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Be comfortable and experienced in an external facing role and in presenting to clients
- Be an independent thinker with the ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions, helping us to remain at the cutting edge of innovative thinking in the sector
- Relish the opportunity for interaction and dialogue with companies, investors, regulators and other stakeholders, and with a host of functions across KPMG
- Have experience of managing medium size project teams; be a proven team player who can demonstrate a clear desire to manage teams, who can gain the trust and support of internal colleagues
- Demonstrable credentials of leading the delivery activities on major consulting projects
- Be highly motivated and ambitious, willing to take advantages of the opportunities this position offers
- Language skills and experience in other markets and jurisdictions are a bonus
- At least 3 A levels or equivalent; Undergraduate or higher Graduate Degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics or similar (candidates with other degrees will be considered depending on their experience)
- All UK staff who have not passed a Financial Services Authority (FSA) approved exam will be required to do so.
The team delivers a blend of stakeholder / lender side advisory work (including support with financial restructurings), company side advisory and formal insolvency. The team provide services to a full spectrum of businesses from small owner managed concerns through to large multinationals and also a wide range of work with public sector organisations, all typically experiencing some form of stress or distress.
The team is not aligned to specific sectors and specialisms, however there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas and situations and we would welcome this in applicants. Applicants however should expect to work across all sectors as situations and client demand.
Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
We are currently specifically recruiting for a role in the Kprogression team where we are seeking a candidate with insolvency skills, including detailed knowledge of statutory and technical aspects of corporate insolvencies.
The role is client facing and will involve working across a range of corporate insolvency appointments. Applicants should be ready to work in a lively, stimulating and busy environment working under pressure and to deadlines. You will be part of a case progression and closure team and will report to the managers responsible for each particular case. You will have additional responsibilities to assist with the training and development of less experienced staff.
The role can be based in our Reading or Canary Wharf office.
To be an effective senior case administrator within Restructuring’s Kprogression team you will undertake the following:
- Work alongside case managers and engagement leaders to progress and provide support on Corporate insolvency engagements;
- Ownership of a portfolio of cases, with responsibility for proactive case progression, report drafting, statutory compliance and ensuring all correspondence is responded to and queries dealt with effectively;
- Produce statutory and other reports, correspondence, minutes, file notes, emails, schedules and analysis;
- Prepare budgets for an engagement or aspect of an engagement for case manager review;
- Assist with on the job training and development of less experienced staff;
- Explain routine technical matters to other colleagues, including senior staff;
- Participate in occasional marketing events to aid development of internal and external contacts;
- Attend to any other administrative task required by the role.
- You will have prior insolvency related work experience, ideally with a statutory and technical background;
- You will be interested in a career in insolvency with a willingness to learn quickly and operate as part of a team;
- You have an interest in commercial and financial matters are able to demonstrate practical common sense;
- You will have good time management and organisational skills together with the ability to prioritise tasks to ensure that deadlines are met;
- You are conscientious and are able to produce high quality, detailed and accurate work;
- You possess good people and communication skills, able to confidently and articulately deal with all parties in what can sometimes be difficult situations;
- You will demonstrate proactivity and be able to “self-start”, either individually or as part of a team;
- You will delegate tasks to less experienced team members and have the ability to provide on the job coaching to other members of the department or engagement team;
- You will have the ability to assess the various alternatives for dealing with specific case issues and present suggestions to the case manager or engagement leader (as appropriate);
- You will be willing to travel and work from a different KPMG office or a client site as required from time to time.
- Technical skills as follows: Outlook (basic level); a good knowledge of Excel and Word; Strong knowledge of IPS; A high standard of letter writing; Experience of drafting statutory reports.
Roles and Key responsibilities
Based in Aberdeen you will lead the regional origination and sales team for the north of Scotland. The Origination team is at the forefront of our efforts to establish, build and retain business within our selected markets. Sales is a high profile opportunity within KPMG and you play a key role in helping to drive the business forward and will be part of a dynamic team culture offering strong internal networks and support. Your role will be to originate and pursue opportunities supported by other colleagues to generate revenues and future pipeline.
This is a key leadership role within Aberdeen reporting directly to the Office Senior Partner and working alongside senior colleagues to drive origination activity across the North of Scotland. The focus will be regionally based Private Enterprise ‘target’ companies where you will drive relationships, raise awareness of KPMG’s brand, originate and create opportunities, oversee strategic proposals and materially contribute to increasing revenue and profits.
Client relationships/Sales Leadership
- Lead and drive the business development activity on a diverse portfolio of regional targets focused on creating relationships and originating new opportunities
- Spend 80% of time engaged in sales and market facing activities
- Identify and gather information on new client issues through primary (face-to-face) meetings
- Personally lead development of relationships where KPMG has no existing relationship and support other colleagues to embed relationships with new clients
- Coordinate client relationship events and identify and build relationships with regional influencers by attending events to raise profile externally
- Take responsibility for leading the regional sales team efforts including hosting internal sales meetings, sharing best practice and supporting the development of origination activities across the region
- Take lead responsibility for developing the regional sales pipeline and converting opportunities
- Focus on current issues to ensure that time sensitive solutions and ideas are communicated to clients using internal network to identify KPMG’s angle and develop a proposition to take to the prospective client
- Coach teams in sales/proposal best practice
- Build a strong and extensive external network, raising your profile with key businesses and multipliers, including sector specialists lawyers, banks, etc
- Origination activity - number of “new” corporate meetings arranged
- New relationships initiated/developed this year and examples of strengthening of existing relationships
- Wider contribution to the regional sales effort
- Sales Pipeline, specifically on new relationships
- Growth v PY and v budget
- Feedback comments from Senior Leadership
- Leverage KPMG network by encouraging and facilitating cross- functional involvement in business development activities
- Act as a focal point for communications between prospective clients and KPMG team
- Facilitate communication amongst team members; develop client knowledge to encourage communication and discussion amongst the sales team
- Share knowledge of sales and relationship management by informally seeking opportunities to coach and mentor partners and emerging leaders
- Understand the wider offerings of the firm and gain a good understanding of broader sector / client trends, issues,needs, and potential applicability / relevance across own portfolio
Skills & Experience Required
- Ability to drive value-adding business conversations with clients
- Tangible evidence of successful origination and income generation
- Setting the standard for insight and opinions delivered to the client
- Knowledgeable on client business issues and KPMG solutions, effectively matching the two
- Confident interaction at the most senior levels internally and externally, while at the same time able to interact well with peers and other more junior members of the team
- Strong questioning and listening skills with ability to see the bigger picture
- Effective networker with ability to understand client needs
- Good thinker with ability to understand concepts and with relevant industry experience
- Mature in outlook, with strong influencing skills (internal and with client) and diplomacy
- Positive and enthusiastic manner in dealing with a cross section of people
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- Practical and strategic
- Well organised, detail-conscious, proactive, hard-working, and resilient
- Flexible in approach and able to work under pressure
- Experience of a client-facing professional role and understanding of professional services markets will be an advantage
- Experience within the energy, food and drink or business services sectors will be an advantage