I'm looking for
Search results for "People Services"
Tax Manager - Global Mobility Services ( Financial Services ) - London
Service Line: People Services
Senior Manager Accounting Advisory Services, ESG Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
GRC Technology Risk Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: RC Technology
IT Audit Senior Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: Audit
Manager - Accounting Advisory Services, Finance Transformation
Service Line: Audit
Tax Assistant - Japanese Practice, Global Mobility Services, London
Service Line: People Services
This team’s client base has grown dramatically over the last year and continued success in the market place and recent new wins means significant growth will continue. The candidate will be ready for early assumption of managerial responsibilities and close, regular contact with our dynamic partner and director group.
We are looking for a Global Mobility Services (GMS) Manager to work in our People Services tax team across large Financial Services clients.
Manage the day to day global coordination and/or UK service delivery of client engagements (dependent on the client portfolio), supported by a junior engagement team.
Manage the UK tax compliance and work closely with the KPMG Centre of Excellence to deliver on all aspects of assignee compliance.
Be involved in all aspects of cross border advisory - covering tax, social security, process, policy and efficiencies, and project manage advisory projects carried out for clients.
Closely collaborate with subject matter experts within International Social Security, Employment Tax, GMS Technology, Reward, Immigration and the network of KPMG Member Firms to deliver on cross-border and multidisciplinary projects.
Provide UK tax technical analysis and advice to clients.
Engage with clients on current global mobility and UK tax developments.
Support Engagement Leaders with VIP assignee services, including carrying out arrival/departure briefings for senior assignees.
Develop, maintain and lead strong client relationships.
Manage engagement finances with junior support.
Manage and coach junior staff.
You will also have an opportunity to:
Support GMS business development / proposal activities, developing your sales skills.
Performance manage junior colleagues, developing your coaching skills
Experience and Background:
Experience working in expatriate/global mobility tax services in Big 4 or equivalent.
Prior experience in an in-house Global Mobility / HR team or working overseas would be beneficial but is not required.
You will thrive in this role if:
You have a high level of personal responsibility and accountability.
You can evaluate and integrate complex information to identify core issues and present practical advice.
You communicate with impact, both in speech and writing, and in a way that is open, honest, consistent, and clear.
You are motivated by a passion for the international aspects of our work, professional proficiency, and a desire to serve, lead and deliver excellent client service.
You have excellent organisational skills and you are a self-starter, able to work under you own initiative
You can work to multiple deadlines, showing resilience under pressure and an ability to think on your feet and apply creative thinking when presented with a challenging problem.
You pride yourself as having a strong tax technical expertise.
You have a proven track record of exercising sound professional judgement, including the ability to identify issues/concerns and consult where appropriate with more senior staff.
Above all, you are a team player, who collaborates widely to deliver best client outcomes and invests time in development of their team.
Qualifications and Skills:
ACA/ATT/CTA qualified or equivalent preferred
Strong Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word skills are preferred
Microsoft Power BI experience for reporting is welcome but not essential
Work as a senior ESG reporting specialist within the growing Accounting Advisory Services (AAS) team. The team provides specialist accounting and reporting advice to clients across a range of areas.
We are seeking an experienced ESG reporting expert to drive the growth of our Corporate Reporting service line. The candidate will lead the delivery of engagements advising our clients on how to develop and improve their external reporting on ESG matters. Such matters might include Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions, waste, water, community investment, sustainable supply chains, health and safety (H&S), diversity, gender pay gap, responsible investing and other non-financial information.
The role would include providing advice to large corporate companies in different sectors, including those from the FTSE 100, on best practice reporting. This would include the application of relevant reporting industry reporting frameworks such as TCFD, SASB, GRI, CDSB and Integrated Reporting, looking at both the reporting content as well as providing advice on processes and data collection.
The role would often involve managing or working as part of a cross-functional team including ESG strategy, risk management, assurance, technology and transformation/change experts.
- Management of client ESG reporting related engagements, including leading AAS input into large multi-disciplinary teams
- Managing the preparation and delivery of reports and presentations to help clients to understand and identify their material ESG issues, decide on their desired reporting maturity, and improve or redesign their public disclosures.
- Providing senior clients with advice on the initial and continuing application of relevant industry reporting frameworks including TCFD, SASB, GRI, CDSB and Integrated Reporting.
- Development and delivery of training on ESG topics to clients and internal KPMG teams
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with senior client leaders as well as KPMG ESG leadership in the UK and Globally
- People management and performance development including motivating and generating commitment from team members
- Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
- Demonstrate continuous self and team development.
- Share knowledge with the team.Actively contribute to AAS strategy and growth, team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.Experience
- Experience of leading and developing teams, managing budgets, strong organisational skills and demonstrated ability to juggle competing priorities
- Experience (ideally 7 years) in a sustainability/environmental related field, including experience of preparing, assuring or advising on sustainability reporting for large clients (ideally FTSE 350 or equivalent)
- Experienced in preparing, auditing/assuring or reviewing the content of mainstream corporate reporting documents such as the Annual Report.
- Business development experience including generating sales with new clients and developing internal networks
-Expertise/ technical role requirements
- Strong understanding of industry reporting frameworks such as TCFD, SASB, GRI, CDSB and Integrated Reporting.
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word/Powerpoint.Skills
- Inquisitive mind with a strong passion for sustainability and ESG issues
- Willingness and demonstrated experience in quickly and effectively climbing learning curves
- An ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally, including Board level stakeholders and KPMG leadership.
- Self-driven and resilient.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues, or escalate as appropriate.
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
- Focus on delivering high quality work whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
Powered Enterprise is KPMG’s world-class accelerated Enterprise Business Transformation approach for cloud-based solutions driven by a pre-defined back-office function based on leading practices and KPMG’s six-layer Target Operating Model. The target operating model comprises of service delivery model, people, process, technology, data & insight and governance & controls. This solution combines the breadth and scale of KPMG’s leading practice, capabilities and insight into what makes a world class corporate services function with the latest in GRC technology provided by leading SaaS vendors such as ServiceNow and MetricStream.
The Technology Risk Consulting is a fast-growing department that currently consists of about 350 + professionals across sectors, of which roughly half are based in our Canary Wharf office in Canada Square in London. We have a mix of clients across sectors. Our engagements often take place in an international context which requires us to provide services across the globe, often in close cooperation with other KPMG offices.
The Financial Services Technology Risk Consulting team is focused on providing consultancy, advice and assurance services to clients like RBS, HSBC, Barclays and Direct Line. The market is evolving at pace and innovating, whilst embracing the digital age. We are building out our team to advise clients on emerging and legacy technology risks and controls. We are focused on project and programme risk, operational and technology resilience, technology risk and control, impact of regulatory change on data and technology, third party risk management and GRC implementations. We deliver our work through consulting projects, focused on risk and control assurance, as well as projects with 2nd and 3rd lines of defence
Within Technology Risk Consulting, our GRC team are communities of technology focussed professionals who work together to deliver SaaS GRC based transformation programmes based on KPMG Powered Enterprise. The teams use their functional knowledge and experience coupled with their expertise in the cloud applications (e.g. ServiceNow, MetricStream) to lead and deliver client programmes, to support pre-sales activities and to develop improvement and extensions to the Powered Enterprise model. Our GRC projects include delivery of business cases, roadmaps, system remediation work, process re-design, risk management solutions, data analysis, security solutions, compliance management and continuous controls monitoring.
This role requires GRC process, functional and technical knowledge with good grasp of business processes, delivering projects and assurance services. Exposure to use of GRC tools and technology both from functional and technical perspective is essential. The successful candidate will be involved in client facing and client relationship building across of range of corporate and FS clients.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Will include some or all of the following:
• Lead multiple client GRC engagements.
• Responsibility for the overall output from GRC client engagements. This includes providing services to implement GRC and transform client’s operation covering core areas namely risk management, regulatory management, controls monitoring and access control.
• Our GRC projects include delivery of business cases, roadmaps, system remediation work, process re-design, risk management solutions, data analysis, security solutions, compliance management and continuous controls monitoring.
• Understand GRC related client issues across different sectors e.g. Banking, Insurance, Wealth Asset Management.
• A deep understanding of GRC technology platforms and their strengths and weaknesses e.g. ServiceNow, MetricStream, Archer, OpenPages.
• Scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production and review of deliverables.
• Building and managing excellent client relationships across a range of clients.
• Developing internal networks and maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, but in the wider IT Consulting areas.
• Contributing to innovation and practice management, e.g. new services, training, knowledge management.
• Coaching and developing team members both as part of our overall Performance Management process or on specific engagements.
• Ability to identify and assess complex GRC programmes, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly to all levels.
Experience and Skills:
A combination of the following:
• Proven experience of successfully architecting, integrating, managing and delivering GRC services (including implementations, creating business cases and roadmaps, assurance reviews and maturity assessments) to medium/large, multi-national clients.
• Experience in certain key sectors e.g. Banking and Insurance.
• Ability to align client and sector specific issues to our GRC services.
• Delivered or involved in a number of enterprise risk management engagements which have included a technology workstream and implementation.
• Experience in transformation and business change programmes.
• Advising clients that operate GRC solutions on business benefits, solution fit and typical challenges.
• Experience of key GRC solutions (for example MetricStream, ServiceNow, Archer, OpenPages).
• Process expertise in GRC areas e.g. risk management, compliance & regulation, controls automation, continuous controls monitoring and security.
• Experience of using GRC related data analysis tools.
• Familiarity with regulatory compliance models and standards.
• Great relationship/stakeholder management skills at all levels.
• Proven communication and presentation skills.
• 10+ years of work experience.
• Proven experience of successfully delivering technology risk services.
• “Big 4” professional services or dynamic IT consultancy environment experience.
Prince II or PMI qualified (Desirable)
Degree/masters qualification in IT (Desirable)
Demonstrated commercial experience in
• GRC Solution Certifications (Desirable)
• Accounting / Audit Qualification ACA (Desirable)
• IT Assurance Qualifications CISA (Desirable)
Within the FS IT Audit team, our work involves providing consultancy, assurance, advice and attestation to clients on their IT systems and processes. Our focus is on IT risk management, IT controls testing, IT project assurance, and the technology and data aspects of regulation. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, large scale consulting projects and as part of external and internal audit engagements.
• Work with Partners and Directors in delivering technology risk services with an emphasis on Internal Audit services to the Insurance sector.
• Take responsibility for a large portfolio of audit clients (Internal audit) and deliver IT audit services to this portfolio to time, budget and quality.
• Taking responsibility for the overall output from client engagements including scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production, quality and review of deliverables.
• The role holder will also need to generate new work for the team through actively leading sales and proposal activity within the insurance market with the leadership team and insurance markets group.
• Building and maintaining excellent relationships across a range of clients and prospects.
• Participating in service line development, reporting to the service line leader on progress of development, sales and delivery.
• Developing internal networks and maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, in particular in the wider IT Advisory practice.
• Coaching, mentoring and developing team members, both on and off engagements (e.g. setting goals and appraising performance), and contributing to practice management (e.g. training and knowledge sharing).
Experience and Background
• Extensive ITGC experience within Financial Services
• Proven experience in an IT risk and control / audit environment and managing a large IT External Audit portfolio.
• Able to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly.
• Strong project management skills including being able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, to manage teams effectively, and to deliver projects on time and to budget.
• Able to add value to assignments through an analytical approach to work, and adept at challenging existing processes to identify and implement smarter ways of working.
• Able to develop excellent client and internal relationships at all levels of seniority.
• Proficient at creating and delivering captivating presentations to audiences comprising groups of clients, prospects and/or internal staff.
• Able to motivate and lead teams of up to 5 people and also work on own initiative.
• Experience in business analysis and understanding of core business processes within a financial services environment.
• Experience of auditing application controls for a range of business processes within a financial services environment.
• UK Financial Services experience is essential
• Must have the right to work in the UK
We are seeking a client facing Manager in the Accounting Advisory Services (AAS) team provides accounting advice to clients across a range of areas. This role would be particularly focused on managing Finance Transformation projects and helping to develop the Finance Transformation service line for AAS.
- Understanding of issues and challenges facing Finance functions and trends in Finance.
- Work closely with consulting team on various finance transformation projects and leading the AAS output (to the clients) in these projects.
- Ability to research and communicate accounting requirements in an easy to understand manner.
- Actively participate in the business development efforts in the finance transformation service line of AAS team.
- Build and maintain excellent relationship with client staff.
- People management and performance development.
- Deliver compelling engagement proposals which result in winning engagements.
- Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities.Qualifications and Skills required:
- Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent).
- Experience of working in the finance/reporting function of large Companies.
- Problem solving attitude and ability to think of different alternatives in unusual situations.
- Basic knowledge on operation of ERPs.
- Understanding of IFRS requirements.
- Experience in leading and developing client relationships within Corporate Sector.
- Experience of leading teams and project management.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring junior colleagues.
- Analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
KPMG's Global Mobility Services (GMS) practice is a diverse and fast-growing area of our Tax business. We serve high-profile engagements touching every corner of the world. We are looking for remarkable candidates, ready for early assumption of responsibilities and close, regular contact with our dynamic partner group.
The main aspect of the role is to support the delivery of the highest quality service for our clients through strong project management of continuous work streams and of the tax compliance process, providing support to managers. The role also involves acting as a first point of contact for clients, managing tax advisory and tax compliance for allocated client portfolio. Some key areas of responsibility are listed below:
- Building and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Being the day to day contact for allocated clients
- Preparation of Income Tax calculations
- Preparation of Tax Equalisation calculations
- Preparation of written advice for clients
- Project management of advisory projects carried out for clients
- Ensuring clients are provided with up to date information on GMS developments
- Involvement in business development/proposals
- Working with large clients/mid-size clients
- Remain visible and available across all grades of team members. Proactively engage with them to understand their progress on actions and how to help them as required.
- Manage the UK-FM inbox. Ensure the communications to and from the global team are appropriately handled, and build relationships with the key overseas contacts to enable smooth communication and follow up.
- Track the status of main compliance deliverables, e.g. P11D forms, tax returns and suggest improvements to processes.
- Maintain contacts and email distribution lists for current contacts and targets
- Assistance with the team’s newsletter targeted at Japanese clients
- Management of all processes in SAP / MSD – codes set up (including client and engagement acceptance process, both for the group and UK companies).
- Working with the engagement team - raising fees and dealing with inter-office debit/credit notes.
- Coordinate internal and client events as required, including client seminars
- Liaise with CREATE to design presentation slides for client seminars and client newsletters targeted at Japanese companies.
- Be an instigator to maintain a high morale.
- Provide management with new ideas on how to make an impact within the business.
- Other ad hoc tasks as they arise.
Overall, the candidate should be very personable and able to deal with large teams, comfortable with current technology and quick to learn.
Skills and Experience
- Previous tax experience with UK Expat tax background, including tax briefings, tax returns and advisory would be useful but not necessary as training for the right candidate will be provided
- Understanding of Japanese professional practices and business customs
- Flexible approach to working hours/ job content.
- Excellent written and spoken English as well as Japanese (equivalent to JLPT N1)
- Attention to detail;
- Strong organisation skills, with the ability to work well without supervision.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership.
- Teamwork - supportive of leaders and co-operative with others, flexible and positive outlook.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Excellent communicator - persuasive and diplomatic.
- Ability to network successfully with the client and team.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage heavy workload, prioritising tasks and managing conflicts.
- Commitment to repetitive work.
- Resilient, robust and unflappable character.
- Anticipates when others need support and offers help
- Seeks feedback on a regular basis to improve performance
- Energetic, committed, and ambitious
- Analytical; identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
- Communicates with impact, both in speech and writing, and in a way that is open, honest, consistent, and clear
- Safeguards and enhances the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Good knowledge of Word and Excel packages would also be advantageous