I'm looking for
Search results for "People Services"
Senior Manager – Corporate Treasury Services
Service Line: Audit
Associate Director - Climate Risk & Strategy - Transactional Services
Service Line: Transaction Services
Senior Manager Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Manager - Financial Services Audit - Edinburgh/Glasgow
Service Line: Audit
Financial Services Audit Manager (Cardiff/Bristol)
Service Line: Audit
HR Business Partner
Service Line: People
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth. The team offer deep treasury expertise in financial products and markets, risk management, systems, governance, valuation and accounting, and work closely with other high impact functions within KPMG such as Audit, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting to provide a wide range of treasury advisory and audit services, including:
- Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
- Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
- Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
- Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
- Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR and Basel III
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
- Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
- Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
- Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
- Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
- Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders
Are you looking for an exciting career at the cutting edge of KPMG’s response to the global agenda on climate change?
Do you want to work in a lively and energetic environment where you will have the opportunity to shape a brand new proposition and advise on some of the biggest structural shifts the world has ever seen with a range of FTSE clients?
If so, then consider joining us in KPMG’s newly established Climate Risk & Decarbonisation Strategy team. Led by Simon Weaver and Bridget Beals, the Climate Risk and Decarbonisation Strategy team has been formed to help our clients respond to the immense challenges posed by climate change, assisting them to identify and quantify climate risks to their business to meet regulatory, investor and stakeholder demands; analyse and assess the range of mitigation and adaptation strategies available to them to mitigate the risks; implement the strategies; and, finally, embed the risk, strategy, targets and governance into financial reporting, helping to pave the way to a low carbon economy.
We have a vision for every Board to consider climate change in their Enterprise Risk Management. So far, we have focused on FTSE250 Boards with really positive results – we are already responding to several RFPs and are having bilateral conversations with respect to scopes of work with 5 other major listed corporates. This is hugely encouraging as we pursue our ambition of delivering £140m of profit with purpose for KPMG by 2025.
The successful candidates will work across multiple engagements managing the delivery of key outputs relating to the different facets of our proposition and shaping our future propositions.
We are looking for hires who can provide the perfect combination of passion, dynamism, enthusiasm, capability, accountability, and above all the ability to be a great team player.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
Managing and actively originating Climate Risk and Decarbonisation Strategy engagements by:
- Building and maintaining relationships with target clients and key market constituents
- Proactive and highly tangible sector mapping to identify targets and new opportunities
- Managing delivery of several engagements on a day to day basis and managing medium to large size projects or work streams
- Being responsible for the quality of deliverables produced, including qualitative and quantitative analysis as well as written and verbal advice
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge
- Effective management, coaching and mentoring of junior staff
- Ensuring internal and external compliance procedures are adhered to
- Developing the team culture and inspiring and empowering team members to be the best
- Any other duties commensurate with the role.
Please send your CV with a cover letter of no more than 2 pages explaining:
1. Why you want to work in Climate Risk & Decarbonisation Strategy
2. The skills you would bring to the team and why you think they are important for the team to have
3. Anything else you think is relevant to your application
· Management of client accounting related engagements, leading teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams
· Ownership and delivery of quality, efficient and profitable engagements.
· Technical accounting skills equivalent to a subject matter expert on specific topics.
· Lead business development effort in a sector and for Accounting Advisory service line.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with senior client staff.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with other departments with whom AAS works closely e.g. tax, deal advisory.
· Deliver compelling engagement proposals which result in winning engagements.
· Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
· Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
· Motivate and generate commitment from team members.
· Demonstrate continuous self and team development.
· Share knowledge with the team.
· Actively contribute to Accounting Advisory Services strategy, team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.
Key Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
· Experience in an accounting advisory function within large Corporate business sector
· Technical accounting experience with IFRS
· Technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP and Companies Act knowledge
· Experience with recent developments in accounting IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
· Experience in leading and developing client relationships within Corporate Sector
· Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
· Experience of leading teams and project management
· Experience of coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
· Analytical ability and attention to detail
· Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
We are currently looking for a qualified accountants at Manager Level to join our thriving Financial Services Audit department in Edinburgh.
As a Manager you will be involved in all aspects of overseeing and ensuring the delivery of audit and assurance engagements from planning through to completion. Your role will include executive level client interaction and provide you with exposure to multiple clients on a regular basis. Recent client wins have prompted growth and expansion of the department.
Roles and Responsibilities
• You will build a portfolio of clients and have responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team (including other specialists), monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include planning and reviewing audit fieldwork, statutory reporting and project management.
• Keeping Partners up to date with progress throughout the course of the assignment.
• Preparing and reviewing reports to senior management and audit committees
• Supervising and coaching junior members of staff.
• On-site involvement and being the key point of contact for senior level client staff throughout the year.
• Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings, identifying sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
• Involvement in the department leadership team aiming to continue the growth of our Financial Services department in Scotland.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience and Background
• Professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body, ACA, ACCA or CPA. (or equivalent)
• Significant audit experience in Financial Services sector
• Sound and practical working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP.
• You will possess well developed leadership, supervisory and coaching skills and have the ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and through written media) with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
• Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
• Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
• IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
• Able to demonstrate strong business development acumen.
KPMG is looking to consolidate its leading position within the Financial Services Audit sector by appointing talented and enthusiastic auditors into newly-created manager roles. This is a fast growing practise which is expected to grow further significantly in the next 3 to 5 years based on recent audit tender results. The department is made up of a large group of client facing staff delivering a range of audit and advisory engagements across a broad spectrum of clients.
Our Financial Services department in the South West Region delivers a range of audit and advisory engagements across a broad spectrum of clients. These clients include banks, building societies and insurance, leasing & investment management companies. The Department is spread across Bristol and Cardiff therefore, the successful candidates can be based in either location.
Our Bristol office is situated in Queen Square on a short walking distance from Temple Meads Station and is well placed for commuting by car or bicycle. Our staff work over 3 floors and the office has a lively cross-functional social scene. The office has the mix of working with big organisations whilst also maintaining that close-knit office environment. All offices have canteen facilities.
You will manage and deliver pensions audit engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in UK GAAP and the Pensions SORP. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, working with Trustees and scheme administrators, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include:
• To manage a portfolio of pensions audit engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of high quality audit engagements
• Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KPMG and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
• Providing coaching and guidance to both on- and off-shore staff working on your engagements
• Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
• Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
• Assist the Director in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
• Preparation of reports to senior management and Trustee boards
• Assist with business development opportunities. This would involve initial meetings, preparing proposal documents and presenting at pitches.
There will be opportunity and encouragement for additional responsibilities outside this day to day role, such as assisting with pensions-specific training courses for in-charges and audit assistants, involvement in local client events and taking on a performance manager role.
• Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
• Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment whilst working as a team with support from Partner, Directors, Senior Managers (where applicable) and in-charges
• Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing including applying this to the pensions sector
• Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation
• Project management techniques; this role will test and develop your expertise in decision-making, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills
• Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
• Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge
• Well-developed understanding of the wider commercial background KPMG operates in demonstrating awareness of the issues facing our clients on a day to day basis
Qualifications and Skills
• Time and exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or country equivalent
• Sound working knowledge of UK GAAP and the Pensions SORP
• IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word
• Recent and significant experience as a Manager in an audit capacity within a top 10 accountancy firm
• Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK standards
• Significant audit experience for pension schemes
12 month Fixed Term Contract role.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Purpose of Role
To act as the primary point of contact for assigned internal client group(s), managing and delivering an outstanding HR business service to clients supporting the annual calendar or events and the relevant business strategy. Also acts as a key facilitator and enabler of the matrixed organisation and a driver of change.
Major Functions / Accountabilities
•Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal clients, specifically with the Performance Group Leader (PGL), People Partner, Service Line Partners, Head of Performance & Operations (HoPO) and, via the HoPO, the Performance Leaders.
•Develop a deep understanding of the client group, e.g., what they do, the commercial levers, their strategic priorities, pipelines of potential work etc.) to deliver the best service possible.
•Provide support, trusted advice and challenge to clients.
•Partner with colleagues from the wider Performance Group Operations teams (Finance, Resourcing etc.) to drive activities for the business.
Delivery of people strategy / performance group people plan and annual People Calendar:
•Working with the relevant PGL/Leader, People Partner and HoPO, provide input to form or inform the strategic people plan based on knowledge, needs and analysis of the client group.
•Work with leaders within your performance group to roll out that plan and monitor its progress.
•Operate autonomously within the parameters of the agreed people plan to deliver the requirements of the function, with oversight from HR Lead.
•Analyse management information to identify themes and trends, suggest HR interventions to address accordingly.
•Be a champion of KPMG’s culture, values, behaviours and IDSE (Inclusion, Diversity and Social Equality) agenda in all activities building understanding and confidence within the client group.
•Act as a role model and influencer for change initiatives, proactively driving the internal client forward using a range of change management techniques to achieve their desired initiatives.
•Manage the consistent delivery of the people calendar (includes GPS, performance management, salary and bonus, promotions and talent review cycles) in accordance with the KPMG guidelines and the client group’s people plan.
•Work with People Function CoEs and People Operations colleagues to ensure HR policy is implemented consistently and effectively.
•Work closely with People Partner, HoPO and the Recruitment and Resourcing teams to ensure that they understand the future requirements of the client group at all levels, including Graduate/Student recruitment.
•Advise on the structure of packages to be offered to new hires.
•Challenge around IDSE in hiring of external talent.
•Provide trusted strategic and operational advice to Leadership and HoPOs on HR matters.
•Working with the HR Advisory Team, support their resolution of highly complex and/or high risk people issues and flag high risk issues to HR Lead as appropriate.
•Provide coaching support to others (e.g. Performance Leaders and other business leaders) in effective people management.
•Provide HR support in firm-wide restructuring / acquisitions / ER initiatives (where applicable).
Proactive collaboration with other HRBPs to facilitate and enable the matrixed organisation:
•Liaise with other HRBPs within your specific client HRBP team to ensure a shared understanding of the strategic priorities and to enable synergies across the relevant client group.
•Liaise with the other HRBPs in the People function to drive consistency across the business and to share best practice.
•Liaise with other People Function teams, e.g., Recruitment and Learning, to provide a seamless service to the client group on strategic projects and calendar processes.
•Manage, mentor, co-ordinate and motivate the HRBP team, ensuring delivery of first class support (through annual objective setting, regular performance reviews, work allocation, coaching, etc.).
•Foster Project Management skills in HRBPs.
•Lead the delivery of HR projects / change initiatives to support KPMG’s people strategy and the function people plan.
Key Metrics & Measures
•MI, e.g., Attrition.
•Client feedback (Whilst the line report is into the people function, the key source of feedback is the client group).
•Delivery of projects / change initiatives (effectiveness, timeliness and quality).
•Successful completion of HR Calendar activities.
•Employee engagement, GPS/Pulse score for client group.
•Inclusion and diversity target zones for client group.
•Quality and timeliness of advice.
•Satisfactory resolution of complex ER cases.
•Feedback from colleagues in the People Function.
Key Behaviours & Skills
•Deep and broad HR knowledge (CIPD qualification or equivalent).
•Demonstrable commercial acumen and understanding of the business.
•Strategic thinker and ability to translate business needs into people plans.
•Ability to work autonomously to deliver agreed people plans.
•Ability to inspire and lead other HRBPs to deliver people plans.
•Strong client relationships and influencing skills to establish credibility.
•Honed collaboration skills, understanding how to operate in a complex, matrixed organisation.
•Project management experience of large scale / cross-functional activities.
•Confidence in presenting to Partners and Performance Group leadership.
•Demonstrated ability to evaluate and manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment with senior level leaders.
•Data orientated with proven experience of using data to influence client initiatives and actions.
•Knowledge, and use, of a range of change management techniques.
•Analytical and problem-solving skills and strong delivery focus.
•Developed mind-set for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding client expectations.
•Management, coaching and mentoring skills.
•Excellent IT skills (advanced Excel and PowerPoint).
•Performance Group Leader.
•Partners in Performance Group.
•Head of Performance and Operations (HoPO).
•Performance Leaders (PL).
•This role reports to the HR Lead.