I'm looking for
Search results for "Private Client"
Planner/Project Controls Engineer IAG (Assistant Manager)
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Assistant Manager - MPA - Quantity Surveyor
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Audit Senior Manager - Asset Management
Service Line: Audit
Audit Assistant Manager - Scotland
Service Line: Audit
Associate Director - Asset Management - Infrastructure
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Audit Senior Manager - Manchester
Service Line: Audit
KPMG’s Infrastructure Group in the UK consists of c150
professionals and is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading
independent business, financial and regulatory advisers in infrastructure. The
group has won many awards, including Financial Advisor of the Year
(Infrastructure Journal) for several years. The group has locations in London,
Birmingham, Edinburgh, Leeds and Manchester, but is organised on a national
basis, operating under a single national team.
You will be joining a team of experts with deep industry
experience in major projects and programmes delivery. As an Associate/Assistant Manager you will support
our Major Projects Advisory Integrated Controls' practice in the delivery of
high quality services to top tier public and private sector clients including
government agencies, contractors, industry associations, developers, investors
and asset managers, by bringing planning, scheduling and project controls expertise
to the team.
Description of the role:
- Carry out planning reviews and advising clients on appropriateplanning techniques and good practice.
- Working with clients to develop overarching project orprogramme plans and integrated strategic schedules.
- Support in carrying out the maturity assessments ofclients' planning capability and providing recommendations on improvement areas.
- Carry out schedule forensic analysis to determine delay causations.
- Perform schedule modelling and scenario based analysis.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative schedule riskassessments using industry-led tools.
- Perform quality assurance and audit of schedules.
- Play a supporting role in business developmentinitiatives, including presentations, client meetings, and contributing to practice development initiatives.
Leadership & Management:
The role involves managing people to drive an output and
may involve managing direct reports internally and/or within the client
Stakeholders Interactions & Challenges
The role will be
expected to work across KPMG functions as well as with clients, and will be
required to build and maintain strong relationships by working collaboratively
and effectively managing these relationships.
Impact, Risk, Accountability & Governance
The candidate will represent KPMG in front of clients,
our values need to be aligned and our ways of working to be inclusive well
represented. Failure of the candidate to
uphold our values could damage client relationship and/or impact on repeat opportunities.
- Subject matter expert in project planning and scheduling.
- Experience across major infrastructure project development and delivery in the public and private sectors.
- Solid project controls/project engineering and/or risk management experience.
- A Bachelor's degree and a Master's degree with preference in Engineering
- Understanding of operating models, policies, procedures and governance to support successful programme and project delivery.
- Experience in Transport, Defence or Energy sector
Technical role requirements:
- Advance Microsoft Office
- Primavera P6, MS Project
- Primavera Risk Analysis
- Acumen Fuse Analysis
- Monte Carlo simulation
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to bring complex concepts to life fornon-specialist audience
- Stakeholder management
- Ability to quickly assimilate and apply new techniquesand knowledge
- Proactive and able to work with minimal supervision.
The Major Projects Advisory practice is a global practice within KPMG, working in USA, Australia, South Africa, India and the Middle East. The UK practice is well established with a team of circa 40 people who work mainly in the UK but also on overseas assignments. Our focus is on major capital projects for public and private sector clients in the following sectors:
· Natural resources
· Power and utilities
· Oil, gas and process engineering
This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities
The MPA team in the UK are based in London, Birmingham and Manchester. This role will be based in London but may require frequent travel to client locations throughout the UK and occasionally overseas.
The role is for an Assistant Manager level Quantity Surveyor with a good level of experience and understanding of commercial management and the project controls services for major construction projects.
The role requires a reasonable level of post-qualification experience with the following attributes:
· Have a good understanding of the issues that impact project performance
· Ability to quickly assess new situations and data to provide a basis for developing an understanding of the causative issues
· Set out a clear approach to tackling a new project issue in the most efficient manner
· Analytical approach to problem solving
· Capable of articulating effective solutions to project issues base on own knowledge and experience
· Clear, concise, fact-based report writing
· Understanding of standard industry contractual forms
· Achieved or working towards RICS or similar professional qualification
· Competent in producing and assessing project commercial reports
In addition to the above, experience in some of the following areas would also be of benefit to the candidate in the environment that we work in:
· Project management
· Project Controls
· Earned value management
· Risk management
· Programme management
· Claims, disputes, dispute avoidance
· Governance and control of projects
In addition to the technical requirements of the role we also expect the right candidate to:
· Be capable of working alone or in a team
· Provide appropriate advice to clients and manage client relationships
· Maintain your requirements for continuing professional development
· Assist with business development
· Coach and mentor staff where appropriate
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it. You will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic team and will benefit from extensive training, professional development and performance management to help you meet your professional goals.
We are looking for experienced auditors to join the Audit practice within Asset Management. We currently have opportunities in the London Office.
Our Investment Management team works with a variety of market leading clients ranging from some of the largest traditional asset management groups in the UK to the top five hedge fund managers in Europe; and from some of the largest private sector pension schemes and real estate investors in the UKs. We have won a number of tenders in the last few years and expect to grow significantly in the next 3 to 5 years.
We offer a supportive working environment with benefits packages tailored to the individual to help achieve a good work life balance. Your role will include executive level client interaction across multiple clients, giving superb opportunities for personal and professional growth within a Big 4 environment.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll be involved in leading the delivery of a portfolio of our largest, highest profile clients using your sector experience to deliver exceptional client service. Your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising, mentoring, and coaching junior staff including promoting audit quality
- Managing partner involvement on audits, providing progress reports as required
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of engagements, focusing on optimising profitability
- Regularly and proactively communicating with senior clients on relevant industry matters
- Acting as a department lead on your area of sector expertise
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Establishing and maintaining strong internal and external networks within the industry
- Communicating with clients and subject matter experts on technical matters relevant to Investment Management audits
- Actively driving the planning of the audit, as well as the actual fieldwork at interim and final, statutory audit and completion work
- Working on tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team
- Be part of the Investment Management department management group and drive firm’s strategic initiatives
- Performance manager for other qualified accountants to help them reach their full potential
- Building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Demonstrates gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
Knowledge & Experience:
- Significant financial statement audit experience
- Extensive external audit experience in the Asset Management sector
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of FRS 102, IFRS and technical matters relevant to your area of Investment Management expertise
- Experience in US GAAP preferable, though not essential
- Experience in CASS rules preferable, though not essential
- Experience in controls reporting engagements (e.g. AAF, ISAE 3402) preferable, though not essential
- Experience working on tenders preferable, though not essential
- Experience adding to the audit department outside of day to day delivery (e.g. developing and leading training)
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders
- Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you may benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.
We are currently looking for qualified Accountants at Assistant Manager Level to join our growing middle market audit practice based Scotland. We have offices in Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen of which applicants can be based in either one of these locations.
The audits of SSE plc, Scottish Power, Scottish Water and Standard Life are all carried out locally, alongside other public sector work, property & construction and retail amongst many other sectors. Our clients range from listed entities, international groups and enterprise clients which are family owned or private equity backed.
Our external audit work sits alongside internal audit engagements and other assurance reporting, providing further breadth of experience. Our local market is well defined, and there are increasing opportunities for all staff to get involved in business development.
The breadth of our audit clients offers the opportunity for significant individual responsibility and to work with specialists from other functions who support our audit teams. There is a clear path for secondments to other functions such as corporate finance, transaction services and tax, as well as working on shared projects. It also means we can be flexible, entrepreneurial, and can closely focus on each individual’s career objectives and promotion path.
Role & Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include;
Planning and project managing all aspects of audits;
Leading teams on the ground and reporting directly to the manager and partner on a day to day basis and budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects with a key focus on optimising profitability.
You should demonstrate a practical knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS and have an awareness of the requirements of New UK GAAP (FRS 101 and FRS 102). US GAAP would also be a bonus but is not required.
Other key responsibilities include;
Report writing for Audit Committees and management;
Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues;
Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential;
Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm;
Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits.
We think our people really stand out from the crowd. We are looking for equally exceptional people to join us, with the following skills and characteristics:
Identifies and pursues business opportunities
Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work;
Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work;
Continuously learns from experiences.
Seeks out feedback and development opportunities.
Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback;
Displays leadership skills and ability to act as a role model.
Coaches less experienced staff;
Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information;
Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience;
Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external);
Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
Qualifications and Skills
CA or equivalent qualification. We will also consider candidates who are exam qualified and nearing full qualification / membership. Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word. Good working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS.
Our AMA team works with major public and private sector entities across all sectors but principally those with major capital and infrastructure commitments in Natural Resources, Energy, Power & Utilities, Transport, Oil and Gas, Defence and Health and Education. This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities building upon a global capability in Asset Management.
We are seeking an Industry leading Asset Management professional to become the subject matter expert for KPMG UK supporting all AMA activity across the business including Internal Audit, Transactions, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting.
Services provided by the AMA Team:
- Diagnostic Services
- Maturity Assessments, Systems Audit, Benchmarking, Penetration Assessment
- Governance, Policy & Strategy, Valuation
- Asset operating Models, Asset Information, Lifecycle Delivery, Asset Risk siness’ and contributed to the Asset Management body of knowledge through the IAM.
As an Associate Director in our team you will be responsible, amongst other things for
- Developing the Asset Management Advisory business capabilities and experience.
- Leading on client engagements, operating at board level and the level below.
- Be the focus for the asset management capability and manage the use and development of the AM tools and methodologies.
- Engaging with global teams, including Global Asset Management Centre of Excellence to leverage resources and capabilities developing robust approaches to the supporting service lines.
- Supporting the development with thought leadership and speaking engagements.
- Helping to manage the day to day relationship with key client contacts, ensuring our service is responsive to their needs.
- Managing the teams and delivery of work to clients, ensuring that the quality of our deliverables are high.
- Financial management, ensuring timely raising of fee notes and assisting in recovery of fees, and keeping clients informed of costs and time incurred on an appropriately regular basis.
- Ensuring KPMG's quality and risk management procedures are completed to the appropriate standard.
- Pro-actively keeping up to date with Asset Management thinking on a global level.
- Building relationships and identifying opportunities for new assignments where KPMG can help clients helping to convert opportunities for new assignments
- Helping where there is an opportunity to add value and to meet a client need, to gain extensions to existing assignments
assisting on proposals and other business development initiatives.
- Coaching and mentoring other staff.
- Being a role model for less experienced staff and for the firm's values
We are looking for a dual qualified person who is an accredited member of ICE, IET, IAM or equivalent with significant practical experience. It is likely that they will have been involved with the development of PAS 55 or ISO55,000 standards or developed AM approaches for Infrastructure business’ and contributed to the Asset Management body of knowledge through the IAM.
- Asset management policy and strategy
- Assessing and managing asset management risks
- Asset management information and knowledge
- Dual Qualified & accredited member of ICE, IET, IAM or equivalent with significant practical experience.
- Life-cycle decision-making
- Developing asset management plans
- Managing asset lifecycle activities
- Experience focusing on realising the strategic value of asset management at enterprise level and not just the engineering/operational level application and experience engaging with board level representatives in this area.
- Transport, Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Defence or Power sectors
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills.
- Good client relationship track record.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Commercial awareness.
- Relevant advisory / consulting / assurance experience.
- Managing change in asset management systems and capabilities
- Asset performance management
- Contractor and supplier management
- Demand forecasting and capital expenditure planning
- Asset care and maintenance management
- Sustainable asset management
- Techniques for whole-life costing and accounting
- Asset management information systems
- It would also be an advantage if the individual had practical experience of providing advisory services and if the individual had worked across a number of sectors.
The team in
Manchester provide audit services across a range of sectors and has a diverse client base ranging from smaller owner managed businesses and private equity backed organisations through to FTSE and AIM listed businesses.
Manage and deliver audit engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in IFRS and UK GAAP. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include:
· To manage engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
· Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KPMG and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
· Direct, coach and mentor between 4 and 8 audit staff in a performance manager role taking responsibility for overseeing their portfolio, business and personal issues and delivering feedback throughout the year
· Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
· Contribute towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
· Assist the Partner or Director in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
· Preparation of reports to senior management and Audit Committees
There will be opportunity and encouragement for additional responsibilities outside this day to day role, such as working on tenders for potential new clients and assisting with training courses for in-charges and audit assistants.
· Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
· Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment whilst working as a team with support from Directors, Managers (where applicable) and in-charges
· Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing - you will be able to deepen your understanding of consolidations, group audit and review of statutory accounts and disclosures
· Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation
· Project management techniques; this role will test and develop your expertise in decision-making, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills
· Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
· Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge
· Well-developed understanding of the wider commercial background KPMG operates in demonstrating awareness of the issues facing our clients on a day to day basis
Qualifications and Skills
· Time and exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or country equivalent
· Sound working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
· IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word/PowerPoint
· Recent and significant experience as a Senior Manager (or experienced Manager) in an audit capacity within a top 10 accountancy firm
· Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK standards
· Significant audit experience for large, mixed sector corporate clients