I'm looking for
Search results for "Private Client"
Senior Manager - Private Equity Funds, Tax - London
Service Line: Corporate Tax
Manager - Private Equity Funds, Tax - London
Service Line: Corporate Tax
Tax Assistant Manager - PE Funds - London
Service Line: Corporate Tax
Manager - Deal Strategy and Value Creation
Service Line: Transaction Services
Manager - Infrastructure, Government, Health Tax - Birmingham
Service Line: UK Int & Complex (UK)
Audit Senior Manager - Asset Management
Service Line: Audit
The Private Equity funds tax team provides a range of different tax services to fund vehicles and management entities above the portfolio company level. This includes tax compliance and tax reporting work for these entities, fund structuring and ad hoc advisory work for a range of mainly middle market private equity funds.
Our work requires a broad range of skills as we look after investment partnerships, investment companies, executives’ personal tax compliance and trading entities. Previous Private Equity or Alternative Investments experience is required at this level, whether this is in-house or in practice.
You will have the opportunity to apply your knowledge of the private equity industry, types of common fund structures, and the way different entities in these structures are taxed; to our client base.
At the senior manager level, you will be responsible for originating work by spotting ideas and opportunities and converting them into a proposition. You will build new relationships with clients, and develop existing relationships both inside and outside of the firm.
You will be allocated a portfolio of clients and you will be required to support and develop the mangers and assistant managers to allow them to deliver tax compliance and other tax services on these clients.
You will be responsible for:
Originating work, taking ownership for propositions and taking them forward to market.
Developing capabilities of the members of the group.
Performing final reviews on tax compliance work and pieces of advice.
Developing internal and external network and leading relationships with clients.
You are likely to be an experienced manager or a new or experienced senior manager who is looking to move to a specialised team.
You should have relevant private equity or alternative investment industry experience.
You should have:
Very strong oral and written communication skills. You should be able to produce high quality pieces of advice.
Technical excellence, communicating technical issues clearly to both clients and team members.
Insight to spot ideas and opportunities for our clients and our team.
Ability to build and develop existing and potential client relationships, and invest time in longer term relationships even where fees are not forthcoming initially.
Experience of managing and developing people, and inputting into building a strong and motivated junior team.
Qualified CTA and/or ACA/CA or equivalent.
Role & Responsibilities:
You will be allocated a portfolio of clients and you will be required to manage the delivery of tax compliance and other tax services on these clients. You will be responsible for: Instructing and supporting the assistant managers with respect to the tax compliance process.
Performing manager reviews of tax computations, assisting with more technical issues and providing input into pieces of tax advisory work.
Co-ordinating other KPMG colleagues in different specialist areas and overseas offices for larger pieces of advisory work or technical research on your portfolio of clients.
Assisting the senior managers with technical research, proposals and business development work.
Ensuring that the risk management process is complete for your allocated clients, and managing fees and costs.
You are likely to be a senior assistant manager or a new / experienced manager who is looking to move to a specialised team. You should have relevant experience (e.g. investment businesses, partnerships, or private equity).
You should have strong oral and written communication skills.
Your work should be of high quality with minimal amendments with high attention to detail.
You should be able to provide a valuable review layer between assistant manager and senior manager.
Technical excellence, communicating technical issues clearly to both clients and team members.
Ability to build client relationships, and demonstrate you are a vital member of client’s team of advisors.
Experience of managing people and the delivery of compliance and advisory projects.
An ability to work as part of a team and be responsible for yours and your team’s work to ensure deadlines are met.
- Qualified CTA and/or ACA/CA or equivalent.
Due to the success of the team and the people within it, we are seeking a suitable Assistant Manager to join our team.
- To take responsibility for the delivery of high quality compliance and reporting services for a portfolio of clients
- Helping with ad hoc advisory questions, funds structure papers, etc
- To be the first point of contact for many client contacts
- Supporting graduates with the preparation of computations for the funds and related entities, reviewing computations and ensuring their accuracy
- Ensuring all risk procedures are adhered to
- Assisting with carrying out detailed technical research
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong interpersonal skills in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
- A good understanding and broad range of transferable tax experience would be an advantage
- Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn
- Good computational and excel skills
- A good aptitude for learning new tax principles and to research as appropriate
- Good technology skills - experience of Digita and/or Alphatax would be helpful but not essential
- An ability to work as part of a team and be responsible for their own work to ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to build client relationships.
- Qualified CTA or ACA/CA or equivalent
KPMG’s Advisory business, one of three major units within KPMG (along with Audit and Tax), generates approximately £1.95bn per year and has 11,000 employees in the UK alone. Deal Advisory represents approximately £400m of revenues for Advisory, and comprises a number of specialist teams including M&A, Restructuring, and Transaction Services.
Deal Advisory has an exciting opportunity to join the Deal Strategy and Value Creation team who are developing a new Integrated Value Delivery (IVD) proposition. This will provide our clients with a holistic, integrated portfolio of implementable value creation opportunities in deal situations, underpinned by advanced data science and industry insights, delivered in a deal-speed timeframe. This team is a cross functional (commercial, operational and digital), agile capability group that will help KPMG generate revenue from broader deal value creation opportunities
We are looking for an experienced deal strategy and value creation practitioner, with a spike in either commercial, operations or digital value creation to play a key role in building out the IVD proposition and delivering high-quality engagements for our Corporate and Private Equity clients.
Role and Responsibilities
Key responsibilities will involve:
- Play a key role in delivering IVD engagements, leading multiple workstreams, from inception to completion, which will involve:
o Hypothesis generation, data request lists, client management, team management, delivery of high-quality output.
o Able to coach junior team on all elements of delivery including storyboarding, deep analytics approaches, and specific expertise in one of the core legs of commercial, operational or digital
o Sustain a reputation for delivery excellence in the marketplace and help grow/ build our brand
- Assist with internal capability build out, which includes; proposition development, recruitment, training, go-to-market strategy development, internal stakeholder management
- Assist with business development activities through development of proposals, pitches and point of view documents, and work with team leadership to win mandates across Corporate and Private Equity clients
- Ability & willingness to travel when necessary
- Possess knowledge of Commercial and Operational Due Diligence and value creation methods, tools etc. and the ability to rapidly identify value creation opportunities for businesses in their market place, thinking innovatively to think beyond traditional ‘CDD and ODD’, and being able to perform analysis to support the hypotheses
- Understanding of the deal lifecycle (pre-deal, deal and post-deal) and the role KPMG can play within it, with proven understanding of project delivery, value identification and deal execution
- Technical and analytical skills with the proven ability to identify areas of potential value across the deal cycle, and develop an approach to assess each area
- Strong slide writing skills that provide impact, present ideas clearly in a convincing manner
- An ability to multi-task effectively and balance time
- Proven management skills, with an ability to coach junior team members to ‘think differently’ and produce high-quality output
Experience and background
- Proven experience in delivering high-quality value creation engagements in either private equity or corporates
- Commercial, Operational Due Diligence and/ or value creation engagements, working with both Private Equity and Corporations, is essential Note, FDD experience will be less relevant for this role
- Experience in top-tier or 2nd tier strategy consulting practice would be beneficial
- Proven ability to manage teams of deal strategy and value creation practitioners that are able to successfully manage and complete multiple projects at once
- Development of high-impact proposals or point-of-view packs as part of the business development process
- Proven ability to work with other teams within a business to identify the most suitable combination of skills to deliver high-impact for clients
IGH is an established and rapidly expanding part of our market, especially in the Covid-19 environment, as the balance between the public and private sector is adjusted and there is more focus for and support for the public sector, particularly in the context of devolution and the West Midlands Combined Authority’s role in the region. The Midlands IGH tax team focuses on universities, housing associations, NHS Trusts and Local Authorities, alongside other charitable organisations and public-private partnerships.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter with a confident outward facing skillset willing to invest time and effort in the marketplace.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Working as a member of the client service team to provide corporate tax advisory services including:
Providing tax advisory services to a variety of clients and managing the successful delivery of commercially viable and technically excellent advice involving tax structuring, charitable tax regulations, international and other advisory work.
Liaising with specialists in Indirect Tax, People Services, Stamp Taxes and overseas KPMG offices to manage their input into tax advisory projects
Running client service teams, including working closely with other areas of the firm, such as audit and transaction services to ensure a seamless delivery of services to our clients
Developing and maintaining strong relationships with clients and identifying leads for new work
Reviewing corporation tax computations and managing the compliance process, including liaising with our dedicated Tax Centre of Excellence
Ensuring that clients are kept up to date on developments within the corporate tax world that may affect their organisations
Helping to prepare proposals for new work, including researching target and client companies and on technical issues to identify new solutions / products
Seeking out and pursuing business development opportunities with clients and targets and participating with Senior Managers / Directors / Partners in business development activities
Keeping internal control records up to date and ensuring compliance with quality control procedures
Dealing with client billing
Coaching and developing junior members of staff
Qualifications and Skills:
Strong educational background (preferably 2:1 or higher University degree)
ACA, CA, CTA, ACCA, ATT or equivalent qualified with strong corporate tax knowledge
Experience and Background:
Ability to communicate effectively at all levels (internally and externally) and be a team player
Sound judgement, including the ability to identify and evaluate risk issues and know when to involve others
Strong interpersonal skills are required in addition to strong oral and written communication skills
High level analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice
Ability to multi-task
High level of drive and enthusiasm with a positive attitude
Ability and willingness to keep up to date technically
Inquisitive with attention to detail
Practical approach to problem solving
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it. You will have the opportunity to work within a dynamic team and will benefit from extensive training, professional development and performance management to help you meet your professional goals.
We are looking for experienced auditors to join the Audit practice within Asset Management. We currently have opportunities in the London Office.
Our Investment Management team works with a variety of market leading clients ranging from some of the largest traditional asset management groups in the UK to the top five hedge fund managers in Europe; and from some of the largest private sector pension schemes and real estate investors in the UKs. We have won a number of tenders in the last few years and expect to grow significantly in the next 3 to 5 years.
We offer a supportive working environment with benefits packages tailored to the individual to help achieve a good work life balance. Your role will include executive level client interaction across multiple clients, giving superb opportunities for personal and professional growth within a Big 4 environment.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll be involved in leading the delivery of a portfolio of our largest, highest profile clients using your sector experience to deliver exceptional client service. Your responsibilities will include:
- Supervising, mentoring, and coaching junior staff including promoting audit quality
- Managing partner involvement on audits, providing progress reports as required
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of engagements, focusing on optimising profitability
- Regularly and proactively communicating with senior clients on relevant industry matters
- Acting as a department lead on your area of sector expertise
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Establishing and maintaining strong internal and external networks within the industry
- Communicating with clients and subject matter experts on technical matters relevant to Investment Management audits
- Actively driving the planning of the audit, as well as the actual fieldwork at interim and final, statutory audit and completion work
- Working on tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team
- Be part of the Investment Management department management group and drive firm’s strategic initiatives
- Performance manager for other qualified accountants to help them reach their full potential
- Building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Demonstrates gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
Knowledge & Experience:
- Significant financial statement audit experience
- Extensive external audit experience in the Asset Management sector
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of FRS 102, IFRS and technical matters relevant to your area of Investment Management expertise
- Experience in US GAAP preferable, though not essential
- Experience in CASS rules preferable, though not essential
- Experience in controls reporting engagements (e.g. AAF, ISAE 3402) preferable, though not essential
- Experience working on tenders preferable, though not essential
- Experience adding to the audit department outside of day to day delivery (e.g. developing and leading training)
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders
- Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you may benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.