I'm looking for
Search results for "Private Client"
Manager - Asset Management - Infrastructure Advisory Group
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Audit Senior Manager - Manchester
Service Line: Audit
Audit Manager - Asset Management
Service Line: Audit
Manager, Accounting Consultation, Banking Audit
Service Line: Audit
Infrastructure Advisory Group Assistant Manager - London
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Associate Director - Restructuring - North
Service Line: Restructuring
Our AMA team works with major public and private sector entities across all sectors but principally those with major capital and infrastructure commitments in Natural Resources, Energy, Power & Utilities, Transport, Oil and Gas, Defence and Health and Education. This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities building upon a global capability in Asset Management.
We are seeking an Industry leading Asset Management professional to become the subject matter expert for KPMG UK supporting all AMA activity across the business including Operating Model Transformation, Strategy and Planning, Internal Audit, Transactions, Risk and Technology.
Services provided by the AMA Team:
- Asset organisation and operating model transformation
- Analytics and asset management improvement programmes
- Asset investment planning including corporate value frameworks
- Network/service resilience and maintenance planning
- Internal audit, assurance and peer review of key business processes
- Data and technology advisory services for the asset lifecycle
As a Manager in our team you will be responsible, amongst other things for:
- Delivering key work streams within a large engagement or leading less complex engagements operating at all levels of the business
- Managing the KPMG team and day to day programme for engagements where required and delivery key deliverables at pace and to the highest quality.
- Support off project development of asset management capability and development of the AM tools and methodologies across the team and within projects
- Engaging across KPMG UK with global teams, including Global Asset Management Centre of Excellence to leverage resources and capabilities developing robust approaches to the supporting service lines.
- Supporting the development with thought leadership and speaking engagements
- Financial management, ensuring timely raising of fee notes and assisting in recovery of fees, and keeping clients informed of costs and time incurred on an appropriately regular basis.
- Ensuring KPMG's quality and risk management procedures are completed to the appropriate standard.
- Pro-actively keeping up to date with Asset Management thinking on a global level.
At manager level, the main focus will be:
- delivering high quality outcomes for clients on project and securing additional work for the current engagement or for related opportunities
- supporting and coordinating bid development for specific pursuits
We are looking for a person who is able to work at pace and provide practical solutions across the broad services we provide. The ability to deal with ambiguity and to put in place frameworks and structure to address this is essential along with good communication skills. Has a track record of delivery high quality outputs.
The technical background will varying and will likely to come from an asset, project and/or business management background for asset intensive organisations.
- Experience focusing on realising the strategic value of asset management at enterprise level and not just the engineering/operational level application and experience engaging with board level representatives in this area.
- Understanding and assessment of operating models and end to end process for asset management and capital delivery for asset intensive organisations
- Life-cycle decision-making and the ability to manage and direct the creation of asset management plans, capital programmes or maintenance regimes
- Assessing and managing risks at both a service/network level and an asset level.
- Strong analytical skills and/or strong written, communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of asset management information and knowledge management
- Experience in one or more key sectors of Transport, Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Defence, Property/Estates or Utilities
- Good client relationship track record.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Commercial awareness.
- Relevant advisory / consulting / assurance experience.
- Managing change in asset management IT systems and capabilities
- Asset performance management
- Contractor and supplier management
- Asset care and maintenance management
- Sustainable asset management
- Techniques for whole-life costing and accounting
- Asset management information systems
- It would also be an advantage if the individual had practical experience of providing advisory services and if the individual had worked across a number of sectors.
The team in
Manchester provide audit services across a range of sectors and has a diverse client base ranging from smaller owner managed businesses and private equity backed organisations through to FTSE and AIM listed businesses.
Manage and deliver audit engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in IFRS and UK GAAP. You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team, including other specialists, monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include:
· To manage engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
· Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KPMG and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
· Direct, coach and mentor between 4 and 8 audit staff in a performance manager role taking responsibility for overseeing their portfolio, business and personal issues and delivering feedback throughout the year
· Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
· Contribute towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
· Assist the Partner or Director in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
· Preparation of reports to senior management and Audit Committees
There will be opportunity and encouragement for additional responsibilities outside this day to day role, such as working on tenders for potential new clients and assisting with training courses for in-charges and audit assistants.
· Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
· Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment whilst working as a team with support from Directors, Managers (where applicable) and in-charges
· Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing - you will be able to deepen your understanding of consolidations, group audit and review of statutory accounts and disclosures
· Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation
· Project management techniques; this role will test and develop your expertise in decision-making, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills
· Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
· Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge
· Well-developed understanding of the wider commercial background KPMG operates in demonstrating awareness of the issues facing our clients on a day to day basis
Qualifications and Skills
· Time and exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or country equivalent
· Sound working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP
· IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word/PowerPoint
· Recent and significant experience as a Senior Manager (or experienced Manager) in an audit capacity within a top 10 accountancy firm
· Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK standards
· Significant audit experience for large, mixed sector corporate clients
We are looking for experienced auditors to join the Audit practice within Investment Management. We currently have opportunities in the London Office.
Our Investment Management team works with a variety of market leading clients ranging from some of the largest traditional asset management groups in the UK to the top five hedge fund managers in Europe; and from some of the largest private sector pension schemes and real estate investors in the UK. We have won a number of tenders in the last few years and expect to grow significantly in the next 3 to 5 years.
We offer a supportive working environment with benefits packages tailored to the individual to help achieve a good work life balance. Your role will include executive level client interaction across multiple clients, giving superb opportunities for personal and professional growth within a Big 4 environment.
As an Audit Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of leading and delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of our Investment Management clients. Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading a field work team including supervising and coaching more junior members of staff including promoting audit quality
- Reporting to audit Partners and Directors on all salient points arising from audits
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients; managing timetables, anticipating costs, raise fees and agree dates for cash collection. Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients
- Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of engagements, focusing on optimising profitability
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues
- Preparing client deliverables, building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- You may also have the opportunity to work on specific audit related projects across the audit function
- Being a performance manager to trainee accountants to help them reach their full potential
- Building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Must demonstrate gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
Knowledge & Experience:
- Significant financial statement audit experience
- Extensive external audit experience in the Investment Management sector
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of FRS 102, IFRS and technical matters relevant to Investment Management audits
- Experience in US GAAP preferable, though not essential
- Experience in CASS rules preferable, though not essential
- Experience in controls reporting engagements (e.g. AAF, ISAE 3402) preferable, though not essential
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders
- Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
The Accounting Consultation team provides in-depth technical accounting knowledge to the audited entities in KPMG’s Banking Audit practice. The team brings technical knowledge with practical insights and experience in the banking sector to advise our audit teams on their most complex and judgmental technical accounting and reporting issues.
Our team creates added value through:
-Seamless integration into investment and retail banking audit teams to assist and deliver on the most technical accounting aspects of their audits.
- Translating subject matter expertise on complex accounting areas such as IFRS 9, hedge accounting and structured transactions into comprehensible and practical solutions.
- Be at the forefront of, and drive best practice in, financial instruments reporting across the KPMG audit practice.
- Provide high quality and practical training and education for external and internal audiences.
- Maintain close links with KPMG UK’s national and global technical departments
Role and Responsibilities
- Advise on a wide range of accounting and reporting areas, with a focus on financial instruments for our retail and investment banking clients.
- Integrate into audit teams to deliver responsive support based on strong project management skills.
- Direct interaction with clients on our biggest clients and/or areas that attract significant accounting risk.
- Inspection of financial statements of Public Interest Entity clients prior to issuance
- Develop internal and external training on accounting and financial reporting matters
- Respond to ad-hoc accounting queries from audit teams
- Manage and mentor team members.
- There will also be opportunities to get involved in some advisory engagements and projects led by other KPMG teams where accounting SME support is required, e.g. IBOR replacement, Brexit, Finance transformation and transaction services.
- Responsible for delegating, coaching and leading a team of assistant managers who specialise in technical accounting alongside other managers and under guidance of Partners/Directors to support our most complex banking audit clients.
- Direct interaction with Banking audit Partners/Directors and regular interaction with senior members of Banking audited entities' accounting policy and finance functions, delivering insights in GAAP compliant solutions to the audited entities most complex technical challenges.
- Responsible for delivering technical accounting solutions to maintain industry leading audit quality to a range of complex audited entities including global investment banks, mid-tier building societies and smaller private banks. Solutions will be provided post internal consultation within the team.
- Work experience in an accounting firm or finance function focusing on financial instruments related technical accounting relevant to financial institutions.
- Experience of evaluating complex technical issues, requiring analysis of facts and circumstances and consideration of alternatives culminating in provision of sound practical GAAP compliant accounting solutions.
- Audit experience advantageous but not vital to role.
- Knowledge of finance processes, particularly accounting processes and/or financial reporting.
Professional qualification: ACA, ACCA or CPA.
- Strong technical knowledge of accounting standards related to financial instruments and/or relevant to Financial Services clients (IAS 32 and 39, IFRS 3, 7, 9, 10, 13, 15 and 16, and FRS 102 sections 11 and 12) and crucially their practical application within the banking industry.
- Excellent written and communication skills; including delivering presentations and an ability to communicate well with clients in writing and verbally.
- Strong project management skills, demonstrated by a record of accounting project delivery;
- Ability to motivate a team and lead by example.
KPMG’s Infrastructure Advisory Group (IAG) is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading independent strategic advisors in the infrastructure sector. The group has won many awards, including financial advisor of the year (Infrastructure Journal).
We provide in-depth advice on the strategic, economic, financial and commercial issues driving infrastructure projects across the transport, power and utilities and social infrastructure projects in the UK and internationally. This broad range of projects involves work with both public and private sector clients.
IAG’s Infrastructure Strategy business, which sits within the groups’ Transport Team, provides market-leading advice to major city region authorities, as well as central government departments, on the economic and financial impacts of transport, housing and other strategic local infrastructure. We are highly regarded in the market for providing unparalleled economics, strategy and financial advice to our clients.
Over the last decade, we have pioneered cutting-edge analytical approaches that allow our clients to understand the impacts of infrastructure on economic growth and designed innovative new funding solutions that have underpinned the delivery of multi-billion pound projects and programmes.
We have been at the centre of the devolution agenda; supporting many of the UK’s largest city regions to design and secure billion-pound City Deal and Devolution Deals. We have also been strategic and economic advisors the country’s biggest and high-profile infrastructure projects, including HS2, Crossrail 2, Northern Powerhouse Rail/HS3 and Highways England’s Roads Investment Strategy programme.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Undertaking spatial economic impact analysis, including use of S-CGE Models
- Designing and implementing innovative funding and financing analysis to assess the case for investment in transport and other infrastructure
- Working with senior colleagues, and contributing to the team Keeping abreast of policy developments in order to continue to broaden and deepen sector knowledge.
- Contributing to business development and the origination of new ideas and propositions for our clients
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- Experience of the economic appraisal of transport schemes, and estimating wider economic benefits.
- Recent experience within the DfT appraisal guidance.
- Technical skills and recent experience in statistical analysis packages such as R etc and economic analysis using CGE models.
- Experience of quantitative analysis and building or using financial modelling tools in MS Excel.
- Experience of developing bespoke and compelling business cases for major public investment in infrastructure.
- Prior knowledge of, how major public sector infrastructure projects are delivered in the UK, including local and central government policy drivers.
Opening date: 23/06/2020
Closing date: 21/07/2020
Competitive salary plus negotiable bonus and benefits
The Restructuring team in the North is looking for an Associate Director to join its team based in the Manchester Office.
The team delivers a blend of stakeholder / lender side advisory work (including support with financial restructurings), company side advisory and formal insolvency. The team in the North provides services to a full spectrum of businesses from small owner managed concerns through to large multinationals and also a wide range of work with public sector organisations, all typically experiencing some form of stress or distress.
The team is not aligned to specific sectors and specialisms, however there are individuals with significant experience in certain areas and situations and we would welcome this in applicants. Applicants however should expect to work across all sectors as situations and clients demand.
Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
The role will involve working across a range of assignment types, as highlighted above, and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
To be an effective Associate Director within the team you’ll undertake the following:
• Frequently acting as day to day lead for delivery of client advisory projects or significant insolvency workstreams, taking the role as a key contact on engagements.
• Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders in engagements (including lawyers and contacts at banks and other lenders)
• Manage teams of colleagues working on the engagement, ensuring effective delegation and also multiple workstream delivery
• Manage engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices
• Communicate views and insights (both in writing and verbally) in an effective and compelling manner to clients and KPMG colleagues, able to adjust style to circumstances
• Lead the design and development of client ready deliverables with minimal Director and Partner input
• Work with Partners / Directors across the business development cycle, including development of proposals and client sales presentations
• Coach and develop team members providing high quality developmental feedback
• Develop insightful sector points of view on key strategic issues for your chosen sector(s)
• Identify, design and lead practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team
• Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for businesses and their stakeholders, which in certain instances may involve consideration of formal insolvency processes.
Key skills and competencies required:
• Demonstrable experience in leading workstreams, ideally on a mix of both advisory and insolvency assignments.
• Significant experience in the insolvency market.
• Experience at advising and working alongside a range of stakeholders, including lenders, corporates and internal KPMG stakeholders
• Strong commercial and business acumen
• Ability to work innovatively and ‘self start’ as well start teams of colleagues
• Ideally relevant insolvency qualifications (or targeting the same)
• Desire to build wide advisory and insolvency skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings
• Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
• Willingness to embrace work across all sectors and potentially undertake some travel.