I'm looking for
Search results for "Private Client"
FS Audit Assistant Manager - Leeds, Manchester and Liverpool
Service Line: Audit
Senior Manager Accounting Advisory Services, Financial Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Manager – Corporate Treasury Services
Service Line: Audit
Audit Manager - Insurance
Service Line: Audit
Operations Manager - Managed Services
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Dynamics 365 CRM Senior Functional Consultant
Service Line: Exceptional Items
KPMG is one of the leading Audit and Assurance practices in the UK whose success and reputation depends upon the quality and integrity of our services - and our people. As a member of our team you will benefit from extensive training and education to keep you up to speed with current changes in regulation, accounting and auditing standards.
As an Assistant Manager you will be expected to lead the delivery of audit and assurance engagements from planning through to completion. The role will require proficiency in IFRS and UK GAAP, and experience of FCA CASS rules is also preferable. You are required to possess well developed supervisory skills, including coaching and project management.
Roles and Responsibilities
• You will have your own portfolio of clients with responsibility for agreeing audit timetables, briefing the audit team (including other specialists), monitoring budgets and supervising the KPMG audit process. This will include planning and completion of audit fieldwork, statutory reporting and project management.
• Supervising and coaching junior members of staff.
• Keeping Managers and Partners up to date with progress throughout the course of the assignment.
• Preparing reports to senior client management and audit committees.
• On-site involvement and being the key point of contact for the client.
• Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and helping to identify sales opportunities within your client base.
Qualifications and Skills
The Assistant Manager candidate will meet the following criteria:
• Professionally qualified with a recognised accountancy body, ACA, ACCA or CPA. (or equivalent) is essential.
• Significant audit experience (preferably in Financial Services) is essential, with practical experience gained in a ‘Big 4’ Accountancy firm desirable.
• Experience of working on insurance audits is desirable.
• Sound working knowledge of IFRS and UK GAAP.
• You will possess well developed supervisory and coaching skills and have the ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and through written media) with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
• Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
• IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
· Management of client accounting related engagements, leading teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams
· Ownership and delivery of quality, efficient and profitable engagements.
· Technical accounting skills equivalent to a subject matter expert on specific topics.
· Lead business development effort in a sector and for Accounting Advisory service line.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with senior client staff.
· Build and maintain excellent relationship with other departments with whom AAS works closely e.g. tax, deal advisory.
· Deliver compelling engagement proposals which result in winning engagements.
· Development and delivery of accounting training to clients and internal KPMG teams
· Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
· Motivate and generate commitment from team members.
· Demonstrate continuous self and team development.
· Share knowledge with the team.
· Actively contribute to Accounting Advisory Services strategy, team management and other non-delivery aspects of the role.
Key Qualifications and Skills Required:
· Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent)
· Experience in an accounting advisory function within large Corporate business sector
· Technical accounting experience with IFRS
· Technical accounting knowledge of US GAAP, UK GAAP and Companies Act knowledge
· Experience with recent developments in accounting IFRSs 9, 15 and 16
· Experience in leading and developing client relationships within Corporate Sector
· Experience of developing and presenting accounting training courses
· Experience of leading teams and project management
· Experience of coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
· Analytical ability and attention to detail
· Problem solving attitude and proven ability to apply accounting concepts to unusual one-off situations
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Our Corporate Treasury Services team is focused on serving the world's leading Corporate Treasuries with their most complex business challenges, and is currently experiencing an exceptional rate of growth. The team offer deep treasury expertise in financial products and markets, risk management, systems, governance, valuation and accounting, and work closely with other high impact functions within KPMG such as Audit, Risk Consulting and Management Consulting to provide a wide range of treasury advisory and audit services, including:
- Undertaking reviews and implementations of Treasury strategies, policies, target operating models, cash management processes, and technology and systems
- Risk management assessments including foreign exchange, interest rate, credit and commodities
- Providing specialist support to external audit teams, including derivative valuations, hedge accounting, and financial instrument classifications
- Internal audits on treasury functions ranging from FTSE100 to Housing Associations and Charities, including benchmarking
- Technical support on accounting and regulatory change projects such as IFRS 9 Financial Instruments, new UK GAAP, EMIR and Basel III
Role and Responsibilities
- Assist with delivering Treasury advisory and audit projects ranging from strategy reviews, target operating models, and audit support, including providing input to larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Assist senior management in providing clients with advice on technical treasury and accounting issues
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, thought leadership collateral and marketing material
- Support the business development of KPMG’s IFRS 9 client proposition/offering, and assisting in the responses to IFRS 9 client proposals, with a primary focus on Corporates
There will also be opportunities to be involved in other accounting areas, as well as regulatory areas, e.g. EMIR, Basel.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must possess professional qualification - ACA, ACCA or CPA. Individuals on track to be exam and time qualified this year may also be considered
- Sound technical knowledge of IAS 39 and IFRS 9 standards, and their practical application
- Strong analytical skills and ability to complete client deliverables/solutions
- Very good project management skills, demonstrated by a record of project delivery
- Excellent communication skills, including delivering presentations and communicating well with clients in writing and verbally, as well as advising and building relationships with senior client personnel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to the team and help it grow
Experience and Background
- Prior work experience in a Corporate Treasury function with good technical knowledge of financial instruments, risk management, treasury strategies, systems, governance and controls
- Strong knowledge of accounting for financial instruments under IFRS, UK GAAP or US GAAP
- Experience with evaluating technical issues, analysing facts, consulting and delivering solutions to clients
- Understanding of accounting developments and key current issues facing clients
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mindset, as well as drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Proven track record in working with teams to bring high quality deliverables to a range of stakeholders
KPMG is looking to consolidate its leading position within the Insurance marketplace by appointing talented and enthusiastic auditors into newly-created manager roles. Our insurance audit department is expected to grow significantly in the next 3 to 5 years based on recent audit tender results. In addition, the forthcoming new requirements from the IASB will generate a significant amount of change in the insurance industry. As a trusted partner within the industry, KPMG will be supporting insurance companies throughout this accounting change across a range of disciplines including financial reporting, actuarial, IT and management consulting disciplines.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to be working on some of the largest opportunities in the marketplace and will be exposed to excellent career development within a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary team. Working alongside directors and partners, you will be in a senior client facing role, forging strong relationships with top tier insurance clients.
As an Audit Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of leading and delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of Insurance clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
- Leading a field work team including supervising and coaching more junior members of staff to help them reach their full potential Reporting to audit Partners and Directors on all salient points arising from audits
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients; managing timetables, anticipating costs, raise fees and agree dates for cash collection. Planning and execution of audit fieldwork and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues Preparing client deliverables, building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- You may also have the opportunity to work on specific audit related projects across the audit function
- Being a performance manager to trainee accountants
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Must demonstrate gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
Knowledge & Experience:
- Significant financial statement audit experience, ideally within professional services
- Extensive external audit experience with financial services clients, ideally in the Insurance sector
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of FRS, IFRS and topical matters relevant to insurance audits
- Experience in IFRS 17, US GAAP, Solvency II and CASS rules preferable, though not essential
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Commitment to building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry
KPMG Managed Services provide
an innovative and cost effective solution to the delivery of large scale review
and/or processing activity across multiple industries, geographies and
processes. The Managed Services operation
is experienced in, but not limited to, remediation, complaint handling, claims
processing, service delivery and conduct risk reviews.
The role may be used on either a large
(complex or simple) engagement as a deputy role under a Senior Operations
Manager or on a small (complex or simple) engagement as the lead Operations
role. The successful applicant will be responsible
for managing the transition in to the new engagement as well as delivering the
objectives and business case for the client. The role will manage a team of up to 50+ people in the delivery of
services referred to above. The ability to engage and communicate, with good
people management skills and experience are therefore essential, with a
demonstrable track record of having successfully led a small to medium team in
an operation environment.
In addition, the role will be required to
build an understanding of our technology to support the delivery into the
operation, with a focus on process standardisation and improvement to ensure
our services are delivered to a high quality at as low a cost as possible. The role will involve working with several
internal functions e.g. Operations Support, Design and Set Up/Transition, other
Operation engagements within Managed Services, so the ability to proactively
build and maintain internal networks will be key to the success of the role.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Liaise with the Transition Manager and provide operational input to IT Technology to ensure designed technical solutions are fit for operational purpose
• Ensure Information Security risks are effectively managed in line with client expectations and work extensively with KPMG internal information risk and ITS teams to apply appropriate standards.
• Building core knowledge in team during set up activities in liaison with Transition Manager
• Dealing with growth as per capacity plan in liaison with Operations Support and KGS Operations Manager
• Ensure the onshore department is resourced with sufficient well trained and well motivated staff and that staff are developed to their potential in line with current and predicted operational needs
• To effectively manage process for the client across sites, ensuring a high level of customer service to all customers
• Maintain day to day client relationship activities and provide input, preparation and support to contractual Service Reviews
• Contingency planning for level/volume of accounts, allowing for changes arising from internal and external factors, agreeing assumption reviews with client as per contractual obligations
• Maintenance of Service Levels in onshore department and by overall engagement, ensuring a high level of customer service at all time
• Identify and diagnose sub-optimal business performance
• Ensure that the potential risk to company arising from money laundering and fraud, is minimised.
• Actively protecting the client’s interest at all times in complying with statutory regulations and legislation.
• Reporting of issues of concern to Operations Support, Senior Leadership, and where appropriate, to the client
• Initiate and support improvements to processes and techniques to achieve higher levels of efficiency and effectiveness and to maximise productivity gains
• Aim to operate at industry best practice level, where available
• Constantly seek opportunities to digitise the existing process
• Maintain control over operational budget, demonstrating due care and diligence in exercising operational level mandates within authority outlined in the Delegated Authorities Manual
• Provide support and cover for operations management levels across functions within Managed Services
• Demonstrate flexibility to manage activities across sites as required
• Develop potential for progression/succession in next few years
• Strong management and communication skills across telephony and quality control operations
• Very good experience required with building and managing large teams (50+)
• Good communication and relationship management skills.
• Understanding of Managed Services tactical and strategic objectives
• Analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to use information to generate creative solutions to benefit the business.
• Budgeting, forecasting and planning experience in an operational environment
• Awareness of the FCA, CCA, Data Protection Act and other relevant legislation, procedures and processes
• Preferred background in Financial services industry, with exposure to KYC remediation, complaint handling, claims processing in the UK, although not essential
• Commercial Awareness
• Presentation skills
• Focus on results-led management
• Project management skills
• Agent productivity as measured by RE’s or SLA’s
• Profitability of business by controlling costs, losses and margins
• Resource Management and staff turnover rate below xxx%
• Adherence to regulatory requirements
• Planning & Organising
• Interpersonal Effectiveness
• Decision Making
• Change Agent
• Customer Focussed
• Driving Results
• Creative thinking
• Developing others
Roles and Responsibilities
■ The CRM Functional consultant will perform customer delivery of the various modules of Dynamics CRM working closely with client teams and business stakeholders;
■ Organise, manage and document workshops, meetings and requirements sessions with the client representatives, project stakeholders and delivery teams;
■ Interface effectively with other members of the delivery team and the solution Architect to ensure that the CRM solution meets client’s requirements;
■ Deliver high quality business and software solutions and services to clients ensuring the implementation of best practices based on Microsoft Dynamics standards and supported configuration/customisations;
■ The creation of high quality and sustainable client solutions and project documentation including support for testing activities;
■ Deliver all consultancy and configuration work according to KPMG project methodology, ensuring that all software applications are implemented successfully according to the project plan: on time and on budget;
■ Contribute to Pre-Sales activities as required including building demo and proof of concept solutions for various client presentations;
■ Work on the creation of KPMG Dynamics 365 solutions and industry templates;
■ Meet and exceed customer expectations of business knowledge, skills and behaviour;
■ Identify business/project risks and mitigate or communicate as necessary;
■ Communicate progress updates to relevant parties both formally and informally;
■ Support practice development activities such as defining and configuring industry specific solutions;
■ In all activities, ensure timely completion of internal processes and mandatory training;
■ Work on own initiative and with minimal support if needed;
■ To carry out additional duties as may occur from time to time as instructed and agreed by the management team;
■ Represent KPMG in a professional and positive manner at all times.
Qualifications and Skills
■ Microsoft Dynamics CRM Certifications (CRM , 2013, 2015, 2016, 365) are desirable;
■ Strong functional knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Dynamics CRM covering a wide spectrum of industries and sectors;
■ Knowledge gained through previous experience covering Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013, 2015 and 2016 (both online and on premise). Dynamics 365 knowledge is an advantage;
■ Ideally a minimum 4 years hands-on proven functional experience in CRM configuration, standard customisation, standard workflows, dashboards, forms, views and standard reports development is a must;
■ Detailed knowledge and understanding of all CRM functional areas including Sales, Marketing, Customer Service and Contact/Case Management;
■ Good understanding of Dynamics CRM DB Schema and Business Data Model including the customisation and development of Business Data Models for different solutions;
■ Good understand of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Accelerators, industry templates and add-ons.
Experience and Background
■ A proven track record of successful implementation of a number of solutions within large client companies, preferably across a number of business verticals;
■ A proven ability to develop a clear understanding of clients’ needs and the ability to incorporate them into a solution;
■ Experience of consultancy roles in software delivery;
■ Experience in a delivery-orientated IT environment using waterfall and agile methodologies;
■ Adept at Business Requirement Analysis;
■ Experience in supporting pre-sales activities is an advantage;
■ Project documentation experience especially for work packages to be implemented by offshore teams;
■ Business process mapping, modelling and documentation knowledge.