I'm looking for
Search results for "Procurement"
Assistant Manager - Procurement
Service Line: Operational Transformation
Manager – Procurement & Supply Chain Organisation Transformation
Service Line: People Consulting
Benefits & Wellbeing Supplier Contract Manager
Service Line: People
GCT Tax Manager (Digital Transformation)
Service Line: Global Comp and Trans
Learning Design Manager (Fixed Term Contract)
Service Line: People
KPMG is one of the world's leading professional services organisations — a global network of member firms operating in 153 countries offering Audit, Tax, and Advisory services to thousands of clients.
About our team:
We are seeking an experienced Procurement professional to join our Corporates Operations Transformation team. Our team helps clients build leading practice capability across plan, source, make, move and sell - focussing on large corporate clients in the FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 businesses.
In the Procurement domain we are recognised as industry leaders by clients and analysts including:
• ALM Vanguard leader in Sourcing and Procurement Consulting
• A Spend Matters 50/50 Provider to Know
• A Leader in Business Consulting Services (IDC)
What we do, and what our key services are:
The Assistant Manager will be responsible for as part of a team alongside colleagues and clients on complex commercial or transformational engagements.
The key services are outlined below:
• Providing analytical services, including spend analysis, maturity assessments, opportunity assessments and Should cost modelling
• Supporting the quantification of potential savings and ongoing benefits tracking and realisation.
• Assessment of a client’s existing procurement capability against leading practice
• Identifying procurement improvement areas across people, process and technology
• Developing Procurement Strategy and business alignment
• Defining new procurement operating models that enhance procurement value creation and return on procurement
• Evaluating insource / outsource for back- and middle-office as well as frontline services - including working in or delivering outsourced contracts
• Designing improvements in Procurement capability including through the introduction of leading practice procurement operating models, organisation redesign, procurement techniques, technology and processes
• Supporting our clients to implement improvements across the end to end Source to pay Process including business partnering, benefits realisation, procurement analytics, category management, sourcing, contract management supplier management and purchase to pay
• Producing and delivering structured training courses to upskill an existing procurement and supply chain team.
Digital Procurement Strategy
• Providing insight on the procurement technology market across Source to Pay, Supply Management, Analytics and Category Management
• Helping clients to develop a digital strategy for Procurement that leverages cloud based source to pay technology, advanced analytics, collaborative category management technology, robotics process automation and AI solutions
• Building a technology roadmap that drives speed to value for our clients
• Supporting the sourcing and evaluation of digital solutions to meet business requirements
Cost and Cash Optimisation
• Procurement analytics - Analysis of and insights from data (incl spend) to drive better decision making
• Identification of savings/value creation opportunities using a range of demand and supply side levers
• Delivering savings/value creation initiatives through strategic sourcing, contract improvement, outsourcing, supplier management, demand management, cash process improvement, contract audits and other approaches
• Tracking value to the client’s P&L and locking in benefits
• Supporting complex sourcing projects including managed services in categories including Facilities, IT and Logistics
• Advising clients on the appropriate strategy for complex outsourcing including service and commercial models
• Planning and executing sourcing and vendor evaluation
• Planning and managing vendor transition and service transformation
As well as working in teams to deliver these solutions, Assistant Managers are also expected to contribute to practice development by developing and bringing to fruition new solutions, be involved in business development activity, provide a broad contribution to development of the overall team and support the management team.
We are looking for someone with a strong Procurement background, as this will be the main focus of the work they will be doing – however, it will be advantageous if they also have broader Supply Chain experience.
Ideally you will have previous experience of consulting within Procurement and / or have an operational management background or similar role within procurement with skills developed across different markets and sectors.
Strong understanding of procurement processes – including: sourcing, category management, strategic sourcing, contract management, supply relationship management Purchase to Pay (P2P),
Experience working as part of a team improving procurement processes
Experience of change management in complex multi-business unit / multi-geography environments
Experience of developing and managing project plans
Experience undertaking procurement projects including the identification and delivery of cost saving programmes
Experience of change management in complex multi-business unit / multi-geography environments
The following experience would be of additional value:
Broad experience of categories across direct and indirect spend including, analysis, design and implementation of value projects. (IT and Marketing category experience of particular value)
Blue Chip, FTSE 100, Fortune 500 company experience
Understanding of advanced procurement analytics techniques, tools and approaches
Category knowledge of areas of direct and indirect spend
Sector experience in Defence
Detailed knowledge of procurement processes demand and supply planning, warehousing, distribution, S&OP, IBP and) procurement procedures.
Project management and delivery
High quality delivery
Relationship development skills with clients and colleagues
Drive and resilience
Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
Ability to rapidly identify issues and propose solutions, supported by data and analysis
Excellent commercial acumen and business context
Strong understanding of the Procurement and Supply chain processes, issues and solutions
Broad consulting skills, including planning and delivering workshops, structured interviewing, data gathering, process mapping and analysis.
In addition, applicants should be educated to degree level or equivalent. Postgraduate or professional qualification (e.g. MBA/CIPS/CILT) is advantageous.
People Consulting is an integral part of KPMG’s Management Consulting practice. The team draw upon the knowledge of a wide range of in-house experts, as well as collaborate globally with other People Consulting teams, to enable organisational transformation. The team revolutionise the way people are led, managed and developed, to ensure organisations of all shapes and sizes are future-ready.
Client megatrends and challenges which People Consulting is accustomed to dealing with include regulatory changes, disruptive technology, globalisation, changing customer needs, demographics and business impact on the environment.
People Consulting focus upon a number of key areas to support these challenges including: digitally enabled employee engagement; skills and capabilities; agile organisation and workforce; shaping the future of the workforce; people change and leadership capability; value-driving efficient and cost effective HR, powered by tech; predictive insightful people consulting.
• We are seeking talented individuals with experience in Organisation Transformation specifically within Supply Chain and Procurement functions to join our People Consulting Corporates team.
• Through Organisation Transformation we help our clients to manage the people aspects of transformation, including organisation design, culture and behaviours, skills and capabilities, change leadership and behavioural science.
• As a hot topic for many of our clients you will have the opportunity to tailor our Behavioural Change Management methodology, tools and approach within the context of supply chain and procurement transformations.
• You will be working closely with FTSE 100 clients operating both globally and locally across a broad range of industries including Energy, Telecoms, Retail, Life Sciences and Aerospace & Defence.
• You will be expected to leverage previous experience to contribute to development of the firm’s value proposition and input into business development opportunities inclusive of proposal development, pitch preparation and client presentations.
• You will be positioned as a change management specialist on client projects to shape and deliver change strategies in support of supply chain and/or procurement transformations.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required:
You must have proven experience in helping clients to shape and deliver Behavioural Change Management interventions within Supply Chain and Procurement Transformations, including all of the following:
• Demonstrable experience of applying change management principles, methodologies and tools in a transformation.
• Demonstrable experience in a supply chain and/or procurement systems implementation e.g. Coupa, SAP Ariba, Oracle Supply Chain Management (SCM) etc.
• Experience in developing vision and case for change, change impact assessments, upskilling and communications strategy for roll out of new procurement or supply chain technology
• Experience in supply chain or procurement people strategy including capability assessments and assessment tools, capability development, competency frameworks and career pathing
• Experience in learning development and knowledge transfer to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of supply chain and/or procurement functions and support establishment of target operating and new service delivery models
• Experience in supply chain and procurement organisation design including developing future-proofed organisation structures to drive high performance, designing and embedding target operating models
• Experience of working with offshore teams and third parties to delivery projects
• A recognised industry accreditation in behavioural change e.g. Prosci, CMP or CMS
• Strong leadership skills gained through experience of leading teams with disparate reporting lines that are geographically diverse and virtual.
• Strong analytical skills and can demonstrate a high level of competency with MS excel and able to effectively make factual conclusions from large data sets.
• Demonstrates prior experience and ability to create and present MS PowerPoint presentations to senior executive audiences.
As a Manager in our team we will expect you to demonstrate the following experience:
• Shape projects, or workstreams within in a larger programme, to improve the way clients deliver Organisation Transformation
• Manage projects, or workstreams within in a larger programme, comprising of roughly 4 consultants
• Build and manage relationships with clients on a daily basis
• Leverage your Organisation Transformation expertise and network to generate new client opportunities
• Contribute to the development of our Organisation Transformation propositions and assets
• Take a lead in knowledge sharing and developing Organisation Transformation skills within our team
• Be a career coach for up to 4 consultants helping them to develop and progress their careers
KPMG provides Audit, Tax and Advisory services to clients, with these client-facing functions being supported by a KPMG’s Business Support group (KBS).
Within KBS, the firm has a Employee Benefits & Wellbeing (EBW) team responsible for sourcing and managing bought-in services provided by over 20 suppliers with a value of £40m+. The team is supported in this by a central Procurement team which includes both on- and off-shore resources as well as other expert advisors within the business in IT Security, People Systems, OGC, ELAT, Operations.
This role sits within the EBW team and will manage multiple key strategic and operational relationships within KPMG as well as managing relationships and the performance of our 3rd party providers in this area.
- Sets up and renews supplier contracts, working closely with the relevant EBW expert, Procurement Sourcing contact as well as Risk & Compliance and OGC to ensure that supplier contracts are in place according to relevant KPMG governance requirements.
- Ensuring supplier delivery versus contractual requirements.
- Takes ownership of supplier poor performance by managing/handling conflict issues from first identification through to satisfactory resolution, consulting with and involving the Benefits & Wellbeing lead as appropriate.
- Developing and driving supplier improvement plans when performance is not at required standard (whether contracted or otherwise).
Financial and Quantitative Analysis
- Tracking and monitoring of financial performance of supplier delivery versus business requirements and/or contractual commitments.
- Tracking and monitoring of KPI / SLAs of supplier delivery versus contract and discussion with Procurement where there is any link between payment of fees and contract delivery ie risk/reward model.
- Production of data analysis to drive supplier performance and ensure contract delivery.
- Where changes to services are requested by suppliers or other stakeholders, consider and advise of impact on cost and/or risk, making appropriate recommendations to Head of Benefits & Wellbeing and relevant Benefits & Wellbeing lead. Ensure that any document variations to the contract that are required are made in a timely and accurate manner and are subject to KPMG governance.
- Ensure KPMG adheres to spend management philosophy through payment and monitoring of supplier invoices through Coupa (or SAP where relevant).
- Represent the needs of the EBW members in relation to supplier delivery through managing effective relationships with all Benefits & Wellbeing 3rd party service suppliers including operational leads and key senior external stakeholders, ensuring the supplier deliverables are channelled appropriately via the right conduit.
- Establish, build and develop effective relationships with key internal stakeholders, (including Procurement, IT Security, People Systems, OGC, ELAT, Operations) demonstrating a full understanding of their drivers and requirements and ensuring the supplier is meeting the requirements of the business.
- Operate as the central operational point of contact for the Supplier into KPMG and for KPMG into the supplier, representing the requirements of the EBW members and of all internal stakeholders.
- Attend and co-lead supplier review meetings with the Benefits & Wellbeing lead, ensuring suppliers have collated the relevant MI and are prepared to discuss any contractual/performance concerns and potential enhancements
- Operate as a trusted business advisor to the EBW members.
- Deliver project management of all projects required – renewals, tenders, approach to governance of contractual documentation - developing realistic and comprehensive timetables to ensure that project deadlines are understood, roles and responsibilities are clearly defined and communicated to the appropriate stakeholder(s).
- Ensuring supplier performance & contractual delivery is optimised for all Benefits & Wellbeing 3rd party suppliers including working with them to identify enhancements to both process and proposition.
- Working with Procurement to ensure appropriate consideration of CR & diversity criteria within supplier relationship activities and active participation in the firm’s Sustainable Procurement Programme.
- Application of the firm’s independence and reciprocity policies, and application of the Supplier Management Centre of Excellence standard processes, tools, templates and systems to all Supplier Management activities.
- Experience managing third party supplier relationships and/or contracts is essential. Experience managing benefits and/or wellbeing suppliers/contracts would be advantageous (company medical, flexible benefits, group income protection and fleet).
- Experience building and maintaining effective stakeholder relationships, both internal and external, is essential.
- Highly numerate and analytical; able to interpret financial and management information; able to undertake and present complex financial and other analyses.
- Literacy – ability to understand and author complex business documents including reports, business cases, terms of reference and contracts.
- Demonstrates strong contract and supplier management skills with the ability to develop realistic and compelling strategies for communicating the value of supplier management strategies.
- Can demonstrate the ability to influence stakeholders (internal and external) in order to optimise supplier performance.
- Ability to rapidly build and develop effective relationships with key internal stakeholders demonstrating a full understanding of their drivers & requirements and identifying and providing appropriate support & solutions.
- Service ethos and ability to demonstrate discretion, diplomacy and gravitas.
- Works well under pressure, managing conflicting requirements whilst meeting client expectations and delivering excellent client service within constrained timelines.
- Willingness to work hard to meet demands in key times of pressure and the ability to overcome obstacles in order to ensure business requirements are met and exceeded wherever possible.
- Ability to analyse complex issues & challenges, evaluate options and make recommendations with clear supporting rationale.
We are currently recruiting Managers to join our successful Global Compliance & Transformation (GCT) team, based in London. The GCT team advises UK and multinational clients on how to improve their tax processes, organisation, controls and technology to be more effective and efficient, working closely with our wider Tax and Advisory practices to achieve growth above and below the line for our clients.
Specifically we are recruiting candidates for our Digital & Technology Tax team, with experience in ERP systems (such as SAP and Oracle), in Finance / Procurement / Supply Chain systems, in tax and statutory accounting compliance / reporting tools or in tax data management.
Candidates should also have knowledge or interest in how indirect and direct taxes integrate into those systems.
The role will be working with UK, European and Multinational clients to advise them on optimising their tax process and implementing technology that will enhance the efficiency and effectiveness.
You will be working in multi-disciplinary teams, often together with our Tax and Management Consulting practices.
We have a strong pipeline of work and want individuals who will hit the ground running within a highly motivated and well regarded team.
GCT is a priority growth area for the firm and the successful candidate will have the opportunity for rapid career progression.
Advising clients on their tax process and technology strategy, in order to make them more efficient and effective.
Managing tax and accounting aspects through the complete lifecycle of ERP deployments, from initial scoping, requirements, design, testing and country implementation.
Advising on local country requirements such as digital reporting and e-invoicing.
Working with 3rd parties and KPMG’s Business Technology service line to design and implement tools to enable compliance and data for tax purposes.
Managing large, multi-disciplinary projects across multiple jurisdictions.
Assisting with the group's business development and sales initiatives.
Knowledge of design and configuration aspects of ERP systems such as SAP and Oracle, or Procurement solutions.
Experience of implementing indirect tax configuration and processes, as well as direct tax and local taxes.
Experience of the end-to-end lifecycle of an ERP deployment and specifically in implementing tax processes for the UK and other European countries.
Knowledge of the implementation of tax engines such as Onesource Indirect Tax or Vertex.
Experience of finance and tax processes (e.g. record-to-report, purchase-to-pay, order-to-cash)
Experience in implementing tax compliance and reporting solutions.
Knowledge of data management applications and the application to tax.
Experience gained in project work.
Knowledge of UK and European tax processes and requirements.
Experience in digital reporting and e-invoicing.
Expertise / Technical role requirements
ERP design and configuration
Data management solutions
Good technology / ERP experience or interest
Some knowledge of finance and tax processes
Good organisational and planning skills
Good communication skills
Ability to work as part of a team
Please note - this role is offered on a 9 month fixed term / secondment basis.
Part-time hours can also be considered.
The purpose of this role is to be a team leader for the Learning Design Team. Push the team in the creation of high quality new learning programmes for KPMG, whilst coaching and developing all team members. The team will be responsible for the design of blended, engaging and interactive learning programmes that address specific business needs. Learning programmes will leverage technology enabled learning and the principles of social and collaborative environments (70:20:10), all to be suitable for a client facing workforce.
- Lead consultation with the Learning Partners, Programme Directors / Managers, subject matter experts and coaches in determining learning requirements and the best solution
- Monitor teams outputs and control workloads through pipeline management
- Being the escalation point for any projects as required
- Manage all aspects of team, including recruitment, performance management, on-boarding and on-going development
- Be responsible for the resourcing of the team ensuring people are working to the required level whilst managing demand
- Ensure the team have, and follow, the best processes
- Build relationships with the LPs and LDSs
- Manage team budget
- Subject matter experts, Procurement, Knowledge Management, Directors in UK Learning, Learning Partners, Learning Designers, Programme Directors/Managers, 3rd party suppliers, Coaching, Deployment, Measurement and Analytics Team
- Designing highly engaging effective learning programmes to address business issues in a client centric organisation
- Applying new learning technologies and utilising technical development tools
- Evaluating business impacts of learning
- Working with a range of stakeholders across all levels
- Inspiring others to develop strong outputs
- Creative problem solving
- Managing a complex team with offshore resource (preferred)
- Using an Agile approach to develop learning solutions
- Learning Instructional Design
- Learning Technology Use
- Project and Programme Management
- Relationship Management
- People management skills