I'm looking for
Search results for "Resourcing"
Lead UX Designer - Manager
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Senior Manager - Incentives, Reliefs & Innovations, Tax - Manchester
Service Line: Claims and Incentives
Project Manager - Audit Delivery
Service Line: Audit
The beautyof our approach is that it can be applied to any industry or market; wediscover, we strategise, we hypothesise, we validate, we ideate, we iterate, wedeliver and, at every step, we put people and their needs at the heart of ourdecisions. We challenge our clients to embrace change as we do, constantlypushing the boundaries of what is possible. Whether creating new products orhelping a business become more relevant to its customers, our people arecreators who design and build with passion and enthusiasm, on deep foundationsof research, agility, collaboration and technical capability.
·You are inquisitive, thrive onchallenges and enjoy leading others to success
·You are creative with a good dose ofcognitive empathy
·You are incredible at designingservices, products and propositions
·You are comfortable working withclient-teams, domain experts, stakeholders and development teams to buildclarity, influence strategies, and drive solutions from concept to completion
·You have strong business acumen andcan present to clients with credibility, clarity, and confidence
·You are adaptive and can remain calmunder pressure
·You enjoy working across a broadrange of products, domains, sectors and industries
·You can articulate design and technology withoutbuzzwords
·Lead design work streams (managing peopleand quality of deliverables)
·Project planning, reporting,estimation, and resourcing
·Ideate and create (or oversee) UXdeliverables such as personas, journey maps, IA and wireframes
·Create rich high fidelitycompositions incorporating user-experience methodologies
·Create and manage deliverabledocumentation such as style-guides and visual implementation guides
·Mentor peers and junior designers forskills advancement and design process education
·Communicate strategies, design andprocesses with colleagues, clients and stakeholders
·Build and maintain collaborativerelationships with clients, peers, and stakeholders
·Define and maintain ownership ofprocess enhancements and toolkits
·Support business developmentinitiatives
·Adhere to (and promote) accessibilitystandards and inclusive design principles
·Adhere to Information Securityrelated processes, procedures and role-based responsibilities
Desired skills and experience:
·Significant design-related experience(various industries and B2B experience is a bonus)
·Demonstrable experience of solvingcomplex problems using various design methodologies
·Expertise in a wide range of researchtechniques and execution of related deliverables
·Mastered at least one of these skillsbut you’re not defined by it: IA, Design Strategy, Interaction Design, VisualDesign, Design Implementation and Usability
·Ability to design and lead workshops withall levels of participants (users to C-levels and execs)
·Strong verbal and writtencommunication skills with the ability to articulate, sell, defend, and receivefeedback on work in a professional environment
·Exceptional consulting skills thatinclude leading design-related conversations, surfacing project requirements,building and nurturing good relationship, and fostering environments for open,productive collaboration
·Strong leadership skills, coachingExperience Designers, Business Analysts, and Development teams on the executionof design related activities
·Expert at executing HCD deliverables,inc. research and design strategies, IA diagrams, personas, journey maps, wireframesand high fidelity compositions
·Skilled in common design tools; Sketch,Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator), Figma etc.
·Experience with at least one rapidprototyping tool such as Axure, Invision, Marvel etc.
·Active awareness and interest incurrent technology and design trends
·Strong self-motivation and teamworkskills, with the ability to build momentum and pivot in difficult situations
KPMG’s National R&D tax relief team is part of our wider Corporate Tax department, where staff have the opportunity to develop relationships with clients, to help develop clients’ tax strategies and help manage the amount of corporation tax they need to pay. This involves working with clients to produce complex tax claims, computations and returns for HM Revenue & Customs, giving advice on corporate planning and restructuring projects and finding ways to manage their effective rate of tax as appropriate to their business.
The R&D team is looking for a Senior Manager with experience preparing claims and working with the local and national R&D Tax personnel to accelerate the growth of our business. You will be required to use your knowledge of R&D tax incentives to help our clients in make claims for R&D Tax relief across a wide spectrum of claims. The role may involve travel to attend meetings at client sites.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Prepare summary descriptions of the work being undertaken (within complex projects) in straightforward language that is clear to understand and to be submitted to the HMRC.
Work with HMRC specialists to facilitate the agreement of R&D claims.
Manage client claim projects and to manage conflicting resourcing requirements between projects.
Leading by example in terms of client relationships, technical quality and service delivery
Work with senior staff at our clients to identify qualifying projects and expenditure.
Deliver comprehensive proposals and taking part in presentations
Leading complex projects
Leading people including coaching and developing junior staff.
Build an internal network within the wider tax practice of the firm
Help to establish and maintain strong client relationships with both existing and new clients
Qualifications and Skills:
Extensive experience with preparing R&D claims.
Tax technical knowledge of the UK’s R&D tax incentives
Broader knowledge of wider tax issues
Experience in reviewing preparations and submissions of R&D tax relief claims
Experience in dealing with and building relationships with senior employees within HMRC.
Identifies, leads and pursues business opportunities
Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own and team’s work
Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude that translates across the team
Continuously learns from experiences and encourages this across the team.
Seeks out feedback and development opportunities for self and others
Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback.
Coaches less experienced staff
Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
Brings incite and effectively applies knowledge to business and client problems
Identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and makes decisions with appropriate consultation
Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
The Project Manager role is to provide high quality project management services to improve the day-to-day running of engagements being delivered by KPMG. It will be your job to establish, run and evolve the engagement teams’ core capabilities that focus around excellence in project delivery and assurance.
From a delivery excellence perspective the Project Manager, working with a PMO will be responsible for providing the tools and capabilities to support the delivery of the engagement, as well as providing project support and analysing data to support management decision making and communication.
The PM role will also provide ad-hoc quality assurance and health-checks to ensure work is being carried out in accordance with agreed objectives, and undertake various levels of reporting to ensure the various workstreams demonstrate achievement of the stated objectives.
Additionally, the Project Manager will have line management responsibility for any assigned administrative staff. This will include imparting knowledge, skills and experience to support career development/coaching of team members and support provision of best practice. In undertaking these duties, the Project Manager will support change and adoption of new ways of working.
Role and Responsibilities
The role needs to be able to respond to changing priorities and be able to respond to changes in business needs in a dynamic environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Developing strong, trusting and credible working relationships with senior staff on engagements, and other key business stakeholders where applicable
• Overseeing resourcing requirements and on-boarding staff for engagements
• Working with Engagement Leaders and Audit Managers, co-ordinate activities on the planning of audits to ensure KPMG planning requirements and deadlines are achieved
• Setting project timelines and tracking the team’s progress against those goals
• Working with Audit Managers, optimise the use of resources including KGS offshore and improve efficiency in audit delivery
• Hold Audit Managers/Senior Managers to account for the delivery of their audits
• Ensuring effective audit governance through the regular reporting of audit progress, achievement of milestones, changes to agreed delivery plan and delivery risks/issues
• Ensuring KPMG’s commercial processes are being effectively managed (WIP, Lock-up, and Additional Scope)
• Providing Project Management coaching support within the team, to build capability
• Identification and tracking of interdependencies between key pieces of work being delivered on the engagement.
• Development and delivery of required executive reporting at various levels.
• Implementation of relevant systems and tools to support the delivery of work for the engagement.
• Providing and organising quality assurance reviews and health checks to ensure work is being undertaken to a sufficiently high standard.
• Working with Finance to oversee management of fees and billing.
• Supporting tools used by the engagement team to manage client data and data requests.
• Line management responsibilities for administrative staff within the team including: objective setting, performance management, guidance and support, specific coaching.
• Organising initiatives to keep team engagement high throughout the project.
• Ability to work positively with the wide range of individuals and stakeholders involved in audit planning and delivery.
• Capable of developing and maintaining effective working relationships with members of Transformation and Managed Services team, Senior Managers, Directors, Partners, project teams and 3rd party service providers.
• Demonstrates strong leadership and management skills to be capable of managing the PMO.
• Demonstrates credibility within the programme and project delivery environment and ability to influence others.
• Clear knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring, data analysis, reporting etc., including risk management.
• Good knowledge and demonstrable use of project and programme management methodology and techniques
• Good understanding of the audit quality objectives
• Good understanding of risk based resource allocation
• Proven coaching skills
• Able to create effective business plans and business cases.
• Experience of budgeting and resource allocation procedures.
• A self-starter, with high initiative, driven and enthusiastic with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a strong sense of ownership to get the job done in a practical and pragmatic fashion without upsetting others.
• Fluent written and oral English communications skills and strong interpersonal skills that can be executed credibly to inspire confidence in you and the delivery of the project.
• Capable and innovative problem solver with a pragmatic and tenacious attitude to seek out resolutions.
• Experience of working in a Professional Services environment would be advantageous.
• Experience of having line managed a number of project professionals would be an advantage.
• Demonstrable PMO expertise with experience of having set-up and evolved PMO capabilities are desirable as well as the ability to maintain a high quality BAU service.
• Degree level in a business related subject or equivalent
• Experience of various project and programme management approaches
• Recognised professional accreditation in Project Management
• Experience in using Microsoft Project