I'm looking for
Search results for "Transaction Services"
IT Audit Senior Manager - Financial Services
Service Line: Audit
Manager - Accounting Advisory Services, Finance Transformation
Service Line: Audit
Legal Services Assistant Manager - Immigration, London
Service Line: Legal Services
Tax Manager - Managed Services - Glasgow/Birmingham/Manchester
Service Line: Tax Central
Manager - Accounting Advisory Services, ESG Reporting
Service Line: Audit
Tax Assistant - Japanese Practice, Global Mobility Services, London
Service Line: People Services
Within the FS IT Audit team, our work involves providing consultancy, assurance, advice and attestation to clients on their IT systems and processes. Our focus is on IT risk management, IT controls testing, IT project assurance, and the technology and data aspects of regulation. This work is delivered through stand-alone assignments, large scale consulting projects and as part of external and internal audit engagements.
• Work with Partners and Directors in delivering technology risk services with an emphasis on Internal Audit services to the Insurance sector.
• Take responsibility for a large portfolio of audit clients (Internal audit) and deliver IT audit services to this portfolio to time, budget and quality.
• Taking responsibility for the overall output from client engagements including scoping, financial management, managing delivery risk, production, quality and review of deliverables.
• The role holder will also need to generate new work for the team through actively leading sales and proposal activity within the insurance market with the leadership team and insurance markets group.
• Building and maintaining excellent relationships across a range of clients and prospects.
• Participating in service line development, reporting to the service line leader on progress of development, sales and delivery.
• Developing internal networks and maintaining excellent relationships with colleagues across KPMG, in particular in the wider IT Advisory practice.
• Coaching, mentoring and developing team members, both on and off engagements (e.g. setting goals and appraising performance), and contributing to practice management (e.g. training and knowledge sharing).
Experience and Background
• Extensive ITGC experience within Financial Services
• Proven experience in an IT risk and control / audit environment and managing a large IT External Audit portfolio.
• Able to identify and assess complex IT risks and controls, to relate them to the wider business environment and to express opinions clearly.
• Strong project management skills including being able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously, to manage teams effectively, and to deliver projects on time and to budget.
• Able to add value to assignments through an analytical approach to work, and adept at challenging existing processes to identify and implement smarter ways of working.
• Able to develop excellent client and internal relationships at all levels of seniority.
• Proficient at creating and delivering captivating presentations to audiences comprising groups of clients, prospects and/or internal staff.
• Able to motivate and lead teams of up to 5 people and also work on own initiative.
• Experience in business analysis and understanding of core business processes within a financial services environment.
• Experience of auditing application controls for a range of business processes within a financial services environment.
• UK Financial Services experience is essential
• Must have the right to work in the UK
We are seeking a client facing Manager in the Accounting Advisory Services (AAS) team provides accounting advice to clients across a range of areas. This role would be particularly focused on managing Finance Transformation projects and helping to develop the Finance Transformation service line for AAS.
- Understanding of issues and challenges facing Finance functions and trends in Finance.
- Work closely with consulting team on various finance transformation projects and leading the AAS output (to the clients) in these projects.
- Ability to research and communicate accounting requirements in an easy to understand manner.
- Actively participate in the business development efforts in the finance transformation service line of AAS team.
- Build and maintain excellent relationship with client staff.
- People management and performance development.
- Deliver compelling engagement proposals which result in winning engagements.
- Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities.Qualifications and Skills required:
- Qualified accountant (Chartered Accountant or international equivalent).
- Experience of working in the finance/reporting function of large Companies.
- Problem solving attitude and ability to think of different alternatives in unusual situations.
- Basic knowledge on operation of ERPs.
- Understanding of IFRS requirements.
- Experience in leading and developing client relationships within Corporate Sector.
- Experience of leading teams and project management.
- Experience of coaching and mentoring junior colleagues.
- Analytical ability and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
KPMG Law sits within KPMG Tax. We combine expertise in law with business insight and technology-enabled solutions. KPMG Law is regulated by the SRA as a multi-disciplinary practice.
Established corporate, commercial and employment law teams, and a market leading tax litigation team, are already in place. Over the next few years, these teams will grow, and KPMG Law will expand into other areas of law that fit within its vision and the needs of KPMG’s clients.
KPMG Law’s Immigration team comprises solicitors and non-solicitors with experience from boutiques and Big 4. We are focused on corporate immigration services, private client, higher education, global immigration and immigration technology. We are expanding and looking for like-minded professionals to join us.
What KPMG Legal Services is looking for from its lawyers/ advisers:
- Team players who enjoy working with people from different backgrounds and disciplines
- Approachable people who are keen to develop personally and professionally, and to assist with the development of junior team members
- Intellectually curious, open-minded and analytical people, with an eye for detail and pride in their work
- Driven and proactive professionals who deliver a great service to their clients
- Relationship builders who can spot and develop new opportunities both within the KPMG network and externally
- Flexible people who are able to deal with a fluid, changing business and work environment
Why you might want to join KPMG Legal Services:
- You can see the advantages of professional advice being provided within a multidisciplinary team
- You are ambitious and perceive the wealth of opportunities presented by a start-up immigration practice in a leading global professional services firm
- You want the opportunity to develop client relationships and KPMG’s legal services capabilities
- You are excited by the idea of being a founding member of a team that will grow significantly and you will play a significant role in shaping that growth
- You want to broaden your experience and become a more rounded professional
- You want to achieve a sustainable work-life balance
Role and Responsibilities
1. UK Immigration – Day to day casework and provision on advice on complex immigration issues. Supporting sponsor licence compliance audits for clients. Ensuring timely delivery of services in line with agreed KPIs. Assisting Managers with engagement management, building and maintaining good working relationships with clients.
2. Global Immigration – Day to day case management including case monitoring and liaising with overseas offices and third party service providers. Ensuring timely delivery of services in line with agreed KPIs. Assisting Managers with engagement management, building and maintaining good working relationships with clients.
3. Immigration Technology – Identifying opportunities to use technology to solve clients’ problems and improve client service delivery, supporting the rollout of new technology to clients.
4. Business Development – Supporting client proposals and presentations, drafting KPMG publications including flash alerts and newsletter. Identify and materialise business opportunities and supporting the delivery of thought leadership.
5. Risk Management - Supporting client onboarding including preparation of engagement letters. , risk and contracting procedures,
6. Finance – Monitoring WIP closely, ensuring service delivery within agreed budgets. Understanding the scope and bill out of scope work appropriately. Monthly billing and debt chasing
The applicant will have experience of handling a wide range of corporate immigration matters/cases including sponsor licence applications, complex sponsor change of circumstances cases and supporting clients with the Home Office audits in relation to sponsor licence compliance.
In addition, the applicant will have in-depth knowledge and experience of other immigration categories such as RoA, UK ancestry, Graduate routes, Global Talent, Investor, Sole Representative and Family.
Experience in helping clients set up suitable governance related to prevention of illegal working, business travel and commuting are vital as are core drafting and review skills, and the ability to advise on immigration policy design.
The applicant will also have experience of advising alongside other professionals (such as tax or employment specialists) and an understanding of the immigration elements of cross-border transactions, including emerging Covid-19 related issues such as travel corridors and working from anywhere.
This is a growing team and the role will suit an ambitious immigration professional with the desire and ability to play an important role in continuing that growth. There will be an expectation that the successful applicant will help promote the team’s work through participating in team and firm events, assisting with internal and external presentations, and helping write articles for publication. The successful applicant will be organised and efficient, able to produce consistently high-quality work within demanding time frames but not afraid to ask questions to challenge or seek clarification when appropriate. The successful applicant will have a proven track record in handling a volume of casework across a portfolio of clients.
Education and Qualifications
KPMG is looking for a confident client-facing immigration professional, ideally legally qualified, with strong technical and inter-personal skills.
It is expected that the successful applicant will have at least 3 years of relevant immigration/legal experience.
Tax and Legal Managed Services has challenged and modernised the way that we deliver tax compliance services, by centralising the activities relating to the preparation and finalisation of tax computations and returns. Our vision is to build a more efficient and effective service for our clients.
We are now looking for a talented Tax Manager with UK corporate tax experience to join us here.
This role can be based in Glasgow, Birmingham or Manchester
You will be able to demonstrate exceptional tax compliance skills, the ability to work to tight deadlines and produce a first class product ready for issue to our clients.
This will involve working closely with tax professionals based in all of KPMG’s UK offices, along with our offshore partners (who manage processing aspects), to deliver a seamless service to our clients.
The corporate tax team based in TL Managed Services is an integral part of our overall offering to clients. The roles involve working on clients of all sizes (from mid-market to FTSE listed groups) and across a wide range of sectors.
We are offering both full time and part time roles with flexible working arrangements which include early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. We would be happy to discuss your own requirements and our range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Maintain a portfolio of clients and take responsibility for ensuring their tax computations are prepared to a high standard, on a timely basis and finalised and submitted to HMRC within agreed deadlines.
• Oversee the work of assistant managers, providing coaching and technical guidance as part of the overall review process.
• Work with the KPMG local office teams nationally and/or the client directly to understand the requirements at the start of each compliance cycle and ensure that these are reflected in the final computation and return.
• Potential visits to clients/ local offices when appropriate.
• On more complex clients, act as the main point of liaison with the client to obtain additional information if required, feeding back to the tax computation preparers to enable them to provide an updated draft computation for subsequent review.
• Identify and resolve technical issues, preparing technical analysis and involving specialists as appropriate to prepare or review analysis.
• Carry out a full manager review of computations and other deliverables prior to sending to clients and HMRC.
• Provide advice and support to the KPMG local office team and/or client, as requested, including for example providing assistance in the drafting of responses to HMRC correspondence and preparing tax accounting disclosures.
• Develop and maintain relationships and liaise with KPMG local office teams and our offshore partners.
• Work with client administrators to ensure client administration and risk procedures are completed appropriately, liaising with KPMG local office teams as needed.
• Identify opportunities to identify additional services that the client may need and liaise with subject specialists.
• Follow KPMG best practice and policy.
Qualifications and Skills:
We welcome applications from those qualified by experience, as well as ATT / CTA / ACA or equivalent qualifications.
Experience and Background:
• Experience of manager level review of corporate tax computations and returns, including client liaison through the compliance process.
• Ability to identify and resolve technical issues, or escalate as appropriate.
• Experience of specific technical areas including: complex capital versus revenue treatment; pension scheme and share scheme adjustments; group relief; basic transfer pricing; UK GAAP tax accounting for groups.
• Awareness (experience preferred) of technical areas including: controlled foreign companies and worldwide debt calculations.
• Strong interpersonal skills with experience of managing and / or coaching junior staff, in addition to strong oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent team work, management and organisational skills, including monitoring timetables and budgets.
• Proficient user of Alphatax (or similar tax software).
Work as an ESG reporting specialist within the growing Accounting Advisory Services (AAS) team. The team provides specialist accounting and reporting advice to clients across a range of areas.
We are seeking an ESG reporting expert to support the growth of our Corporate Reporting service line; advising our clients on how to develop and improve their external reporting on ESG matters. Such matters might include Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions, waste, water, community investment, sustainable supply chains, health and safety (H&S), diversity, gender pay gap, responsible investing and other non-financial information.
The role would include providing advice to large corporate companies in different sectors, including those from the FTSE 100 on best practice reporting, including the application of relevant reporting industry reporting frameworks such as TCFD, SASB, GRI, CDSB and Integrated Reporting.
The role would often involve working as part of a cross-functional team including ESG strategy, risk management, assurance, technology and transformation/change experts.
- Management of client ESG reporting related engagements, leading small teams. In some instances, leading AAS input into larger, multi-disciplinary teams
- Providing support including reports and presentations to help clients to understand and identify their material ESG issues, decide on their desired reporting maturity, and improve their public disclosures.
- Providing clients with advice on the initial and continuing application of relevant industry reporting Frameworks including TCFD, SASB, GRI, CDSB and Integrated Reporting.
- Development and delivery of training on ESG topics to clients and internal KPMG teams
- People management and performance development
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with both clients and KPMG individuals
- Contributing to practice and risk management, including thought leadership and business development activities
- Experience (minimum 5 years) in a sustainability/environmental related field, including experience of preparing, assuring or advising on sustainability reporting for large clients (ideally FTSE 350 or equivalent)
- Experienced in preparing, auditing/assuring or reviewing the content of mainstream corporate reporting documents such as the Annual Report.
- Business development experience including generating sales with new clients and developing internal networksExpertise/ technical role requirements
- Strong understanding of industry reporting frameworks such as TCFD, SASB, GRI, CDSB and Integrated Reporting.
- Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word/Powerpoint.Skills
- Inquisitive mind with a strong passion for sustainability and ESG issues
- Willingness and demonstrated experience in quickly and effectively climbing learning curves
- An ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally.
- Self-driven and resilient.
- Ability to identify and resolve issues, or escalate as appropriate
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment
- Focus on delivering high quality work whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail
KPMG's Global Mobility Services (GMS) practice is a diverse and fast-growing area of our Tax business. We serve high-profile engagements touching every corner of the world. We are looking for remarkable candidates, ready for early assumption of responsibilities and close, regular contact with our dynamic partner group.
The main aspect of the role is to support the delivery of the highest quality service for our clients through strong project management of continuous work streams and of the tax compliance process, providing support to managers. The role also involves acting as a first point of contact for clients, managing tax advisory and tax compliance for allocated client portfolio. Some key areas of responsibility are listed below:
- Building and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Being the day to day contact for allocated clients
- Preparation of Income Tax calculations
- Preparation of Tax Equalisation calculations
- Preparation of written advice for clients
- Project management of advisory projects carried out for clients
- Ensuring clients are provided with up to date information on GMS developments
- Involvement in business development/proposals
- Working with large clients/mid-size clients
- Remain visible and available across all grades of team members. Proactively engage with them to understand their progress on actions and how to help them as required.
- Manage the UK-FM inbox. Ensure the communications to and from the global team are appropriately handled, and build relationships with the key overseas contacts to enable smooth communication and follow up.
- Track the status of main compliance deliverables, e.g. P11D forms, tax returns and suggest improvements to processes.
- Maintain contacts and email distribution lists for current contacts and targets
- Assistance with the team’s newsletter targeted at Japanese clients
- Management of all processes in SAP / MSD – codes set up (including client and engagement acceptance process, both for the group and UK companies).
- Working with the engagement team - raising fees and dealing with inter-office debit/credit notes.
- Coordinate internal and client events as required, including client seminars
- Liaise with CREATE to design presentation slides for client seminars and client newsletters targeted at Japanese companies.
- Be an instigator to maintain a high morale.
- Provide management with new ideas on how to make an impact within the business.
- Other ad hoc tasks as they arise.
Overall, the candidate should be very personable and able to deal with large teams, comfortable with current technology and quick to learn.
Skills and Experience
- Previous tax experience with UK Expat tax background, including tax briefings, tax returns and advisory would be useful but not necessary as training for the right candidate will be provided
- Understanding of Japanese professional practices and business customs
- Flexible approach to working hours/ job content.
- Excellent written and spoken English as well as Japanese (equivalent to JLPT N1)
- Attention to detail;
- Strong organisation skills, with the ability to work well without supervision.
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership.
- Teamwork - supportive of leaders and co-operative with others, flexible and positive outlook.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Excellent communicator - persuasive and diplomatic.
- Ability to network successfully with the client and team.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage heavy workload, prioritising tasks and managing conflicts.
- Commitment to repetitive work.
- Resilient, robust and unflappable character.
- Anticipates when others need support and offers help
- Seeks feedback on a regular basis to improve performance
- Energetic, committed, and ambitious
- Analytical; identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
- Communicates with impact, both in speech and writing, and in a way that is open, honest, consistent, and clear
- Safeguards and enhances the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Good knowledge of Word and Excel packages would also be advantageous