I'm looking for
Search results for "Consulting"
Audit Senior Manager - Insurance
Service Line: Audit
Associate Director - Power & Utilities - Infrastructure Advisory Group
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Manager - Valuations - Infrastructure
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Dynamics 365 senior F&O functional consultant
Service Line: Exceptional Items
Assurance Senior Manager – Global Information Protection Audit Mgmt
Service Line: IHQ
Manager - Legal Services, Commercial - London
Service Line: Legal Services
KPMG is looking to consolidate its leading position within the insurance marketplace by appointing talented and enthusiastic auditors into newly-created senior manager roles. Our insurance audit department is expected to grow significantly in the next 3 to 5 years based on recent audit tender results. In addition, the forthcoming new requirements from the IASB will generate a significant amount of change in the insurance industry. As a trusted partner within the industry, KPMG will be supporting insurance companies throughout this accounting change across a range of disciplines including financial reporting, actuarial, IT and management consulting disciplines.
Successful applicants will be working on some of the largest opportunities in the marketplace and will be exposed to excellent career development within a fast-growing, multi-disciplinary team. Working alongside directors and partners, you will be in a senior client facing role, forging strong relationships with top tier insurance clients.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of Insurance clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
- Supervising, mentoring, and coaching junior staff
- Managing partner involvement on audits, providing progress reports as required
- Acting as the initial point of contact throughout the year for your clients; manage timetables, anticipate costs, raise fees and agree dates for cash collection
- Regularly and proactively communicating with senior clients on relevant industry matters
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Establishing and maintaining strong internal and external networks within the industry
- Communicating with clients and subject matter experts on technical matters relevant to insurance audits
- Actively driving the planning of the audit, as well as the actual fieldwork at interim and final, statutory audit and completion work
- Working on tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team
- Be part of the insurance department management group and drive firm’s strategic initiatives
- Performance manager for other qualified accountants
Qualifications & Skills:
- Must possess professional qualification; ACA, ACCA or CPA (or international equivalent)
- Demonstrates gravitas and impact to earn trust and respect amongst senior leadership and the team
- Established strong leadership skills and proven ability to provide clear directions and constructive feedback
Knowledge & Experience:
- Significant financial statement audit experience, ideally within professional services
- Extensive external audit experience with financial services clients, particularly in the Insurance sector
- Demonstrated practical knowledge of FRS, IFRS and topical matters relevant to insurance audits
- Experience in IFRS 17, US GAAP, Solvency II and CASS rules preferable, though not essential
- Proven ability to identify and pursue business opportunities whilst maintaining a solution mind-set
- Knowledge of developments within the financial sector and proven ability to proactively build strategic partnerships and influence senior leaders
- Drive and resilience to deliver in a pressured environment
- Commitment to building the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience relevant to the industry
KPMG’s Infrastructure Group in the UK consists of c150 professionals and is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading independent business, financial and regulatory advisers in infrastructure. The group has won many awards, including Financial Advisor of the Year (Infrastructure Journal) for several years. The group has locations in London, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Leeds and Manchester, but is organised on a national basis, operating under a single national cost centre.
We provide in-depth advice on strategic, financial, regulatory and commercial issues driving investments in infrastructure across Transport, Power & Utilities, and Social Infrastructure in the UK and globally. Our work includes market and policy design, economic and regulatory analysis, deal structuring and execution, as well as strategic and transaction advice to enable private and public capital to fund infrastructure. We work closely with other functions within KPMG to advise clients on mergers and acquisitions, valuations, tax, accounting, and due diligence.
The utilities sector is the largest business area for the Infrastructure Group and encompasses work for large clients in the sector, including all of the leading UK energy and water companies as well as some of the largest utilities in Europe and beyond. We provide in-depth strategic and technical advice on corporate finance and corporate financial management, regulatory finance, regulatory policy, business and financial planning, cost assessment and benchmarking as well as other drivers affecting value. Our work combines elements of policy, finance, strategy and economics to assist our clients in structuring investments, securing financing, supporting regulatory regimes and maximising shareholder value. We are widely recognised by many industry stakeholders as market leaders influencing the future of the utilities sector.
Our business is continuously expanding and we are looking for high quality candidates to support our Power & Utilities business with a particular focus on cost assessment, modelling and benchmarking as well as financial analysis. This is to support the development of new service lines, building on the work already undertaken in the Group.
- Building relationships with clients and developing wider networks with clients and other advisors
- Running coverage of clients, supporting our reputation as a leading advisor in the utilities sector
- Developing market intelligence and sector knowledge
- Maintaining a good understanding of the regulatory frameworks and their financial implications
- Proactive business development to identify new opportunities
- Leading the development of proposals and supporting pitching for new business with ideas
- Managing delivery of several medium to large size engagements on a day to day basis
- Ensuring quality of economic and financial analysis as well as written and verbal advice
- Being responsible for the quality of deliverables produced for clients
- Providing effective management, coaching and mentoring of junior staff on specific engagements
- Managing junior members of the team and as part of the wider business
- Developing the team, inspiring and empowering team members
- Ensuring compliance procedures are adhered to
- Recognising and addressing potential risks
- Any other duties commensurate with the role
- Have significant experience in the utilities sector, in the industry, as a regulatory, policy maker or as a consultant specialising in these sectors
- Have a detailed knowledge of the current UK regulatory regimes and regulatory mechanics for utilities as well as their application
- Understand operations of the wider utilities sector, its structure, composition, stakeholders and relevant policy debates
- Be highly skilled in quantitative economic analysis, cost assessment in particular, have detailed knowledge and experience of statistics and econometrics, ideally applied in the utilities sectors
- Have a sound knowledge of finances and financial structures of regulated utilities (we will consider candidates with deep expertise in financial analysis even if they do not have econometrics or cost assessment experience, or vice versa)
- Demonstrate strong working knowledge of economic and financial theory and its application
- Provide compelling and well-thought out solutions to complex economic and financial problems, being able to provide persuasive and self-assured responses in a credible manner
- Bring excellent report writing, quantitative analysis (Stata or equivalent), Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Be comfortable and experienced in an external facing role and in presenting to clients
- Be an independent thinker with the ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions, helping us to remain at the cutting edge of innovative thinking in the sector
- Relish the opportunity for interaction and dialogue with companies, investors, regulators and other stakeholders, and with a host of functions across KPMG
- Have experience of managing medium size project teams; be a proven team player who can demonstrate a clear desire to manage teams, who can gain the trust and support of internal colleagues
- Demonstrable credentials of leading the delivery activities on major consulting projects
- Be highly motivated and ambitious, willing to take advantages of the opportunities this position offers
- Language skills and experience in other markets and jurisdictions are a bonus
- At least 3 A levels or equivalent; Undergraduate or higher Graduate Degree in Economics, Finance, Mathematics or similar (candidates with other degrees will be considered depending on their experience)
- All UK staff who have not passed a Financial Services Authority (FSA) approved exam will be required to do so.
The Valuation Group is seeking a manager to join the team based in London. The team advises on complex and global valuation assessments in the context of transactions, accounting requirements and valuations for reporting purposes to the fund investors.
Key responsibilities will include the following:
• Execution of Infrastructure Valuations (in the context of transactions or for financial report purposes) for a variety of clients in the Infrastructure Funds space
• Acting as project manager for the engagement including day-to-day contact with the client, understand the clients’ needs and draft effective storyboards
• Attending client meetings and leading/presenting particular sections of work with clarity and impact
• Take responsibility for quality of deliverables, clearly link findings to valuation model and explain key drivers in the report
• Takes responsibility for directing the way the team will be managed and coached during projects including ensuring appropriate objectives are agreed.
• Full ownership and responsibility for delivering comprehensive written reports tailored to client’s specific needs and requirements on the project
• Using own initiative and sound judgement to identify key issues and client needs, developing suggested solutions, elevating and consulting with other team members as required
• Build and review financial and valuation models of various complexity levels
• Sufficiently coordinating the delivery of integrated, multi-discipline and multi-location engagements
• Ensuring adherence to all compliance and regulatory rules
• Managing client expectations and dealing with challenging situations,
• Managing engagements to the agreed budget, time and quality standards
• Work with Partners and Directors in the group to draft good quality proposals
• Participating and running team meetings and technical training
The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate the following:
• ACA or equivalent financial qualification
• Valuation experience, ideally gained in a professional service’s commercial valuations environment
• Experience and sector knowledge in the field of Infrastructure Investments
• Understanding of the range of valuation methodologies including discounted cash flow and capitalised earnings methods
• Evidence of independent good quality idea generation in sectors
• Experience of working in buyside financial due diligence projects
• Strong quantitative and Excel / modelling skills
• Excellent attention to detail with an ability to deliver high quality presentations and analysis
• Strongly rated self-starter who demonstrates initiative, confidence and solid influencing skills
• Proven track record of building and maintaining lasting internal and external stakeholder relationships
• Strong project management skills and demonstrable ability to deliver high quality work
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Exceptional people skills and proven ability to mentor and develop more junior colleagues
• Proven record of getting quickly up to speed and gain in-depth understanding of the business operations, the industry and the economy in question
— Involvement in full end-to-end implementationsand all phases of project life cycle
— Involvement with D365FO interfaces and Integrations
— Ability to gather and document functionalrequirements and complete gap/fit analysis
— Demonstrate Awareness of scope (creep) and useof change control
— Leading the solution on a work stream, makingdesign decisions and creating solution documentation
— Delivery of end-user training to clients andcolleagues
— Provide on-site support and assistancethroughout delivery and go-live phases of project
— Occasional involvement in responding to RFPs andRFQs would be beneficial
— Identify practice development activities andhelp in defining how these will be delivered
— Carry out additional duties as may occur fromtime to time as instructed and agreed by Directors
— Ensure timely completion of internal processesand mandatory training
— Represent KPMG Microsoft Business Solution in aprofessional and positive manner at all times
— Have awareness of product roadmap and thecontent of future releases of D365FO
— Demonstrate awareness around upselling andcompany capabilities
Qualifications and Skills
— Experience in consulting and very goodpresentation skills
— Ability to lead meetings and workshop, and topresent to the C-Suite
— Minimum of 4 years Microsoft Dynamics 365 forFinance & Operations (D365FO) or AX2012 implementation experience including the followingmodules and areas:
- General Ledger
- Accounts Payable
- Cash and BankManagement
- ProjectManagement and Accounting
- Fixed Assets
— Financial Consolidation and eliminationexperience
— Experience with electronic banking file needs
— Knowledge of Financial workflow or journalapproval
— Multi-legal entries experience
— Multi-currency experience
— Experience with (D365FO) interfaces andIntegrations
— Good understanding of Accounting processes,principles, functionality & systems
— Microsoft Dynamics certification in Finance
— Solid Finance background (ACA/ACCA/CIMA partqualified; qualified is desirable butnot essential)
— Beneficial to have experience of LCS and VSTS
— Good MS Office skills (primarily Word, Excel,and PowerPoint; Visio is a plus)
— Experience with Business Intelligence (BI) aplus
— Exudes confidence
— Works independently as well as in a teamenvironment
— Ability to manage others and lead more juniorconsultants for a successful outcome
— Acts with professional demeanour
— Manages time and multiple tasks accordingly
— Thinks clearly and calmly under pressure
— Solves complex problems with creative solutions
— Places emphasis on client satisfaction
— Desires to constantly assess and incorporate newtechnologies and software into own skillset
— Promotes the Values of our company
— Confidence to reach out to more seniorconsultant for guidance
Primary Purpose and Goal
The KPMG International Information Protection Group (IPG) is looking for a dynamic candidate to fill the “Assurance Senior Manager, Information Protection Audit Management (IPAM)” role. This position offers great career growth supporting global information protection assurance efforts.
Responsibilities and Tasks
• The “Assurance Senior Manager, Information Protection Audit Management (IPAM)” will be responsible for managing multiple information protection audits of global technology services.
• Develops and maintains consistent and efficient information protection audit management framework and service roadmap. Updates framework and roadmap based on stakeholder feedback. Communicates and trains other resources on the framework process and procedures and leads delivery against established key performance indicators (short-term and long-term). Oversees activities to ensure that audits are planned, considering scope overlaps, stakeholder outreach and resource limitations, and managed according to procedures. Accountable for high quality service deliverables.
• Identifies trends and proposes robust solutions for challenges. Presents executive reports and communicates potential risks early on to management.
• Identifies themes in information protection audit observations and suggests solutions to efficiently address based on industry experience, leading practices and global technology group context.
• Collaborates with other IPG Assurance team members and other teams across IPG and global technology groups that undergo information protection audits, advising on suitable approach for auditable information protection practices and audit success, while ensuring minimum burden on business as usual activities.
Competencies and Experience
• Extensive audit experience in information protection (security and privacy), with demonstrable experience of leading and / or managing audits, such as ISO 27001 certification audits, System and Organization Control (SOC) 2 audits or technical security audits for cloud environments (internal and / or external).
• Information security auditing certifications a big plus, such as CISA or Certified ISO 27001 Lead Auditor.
• Strong information protection audit experience that includes scoping, planning, performing, managing, reporting and remediation monitoring activities.
• Information protection advisory / consulting experience with large global organizations a big plus.
• Proven track record of leading multiple projects or programs, through the management of teams of cross-discipline specialist. Ability to multi-task, adapt strategy based on competing priorities and work independently within a global team. High quality results delivery with attention to detail.
• Strong experience of senior stakeholder management, ability to apply forward thinking mindset, develop service strategy and understand business impact.
• Possess excellent business writing, reporting, presentation and communication skills in English.
You can see the advantages of professional advice being provided within a multidisciplinary team
You are ambitious and perceive the wealth of opportunities presented by an established legal practice in a leading global professional services firm
You want the opportunity to develop client relationships and KPMG’s legal services capabilities
You are excited by the idea of being a member of a team that will grow significantly
You want to broaden your experience and become a more rounded professional
You want to achieve a sustainable work-life balance.
What KPMG Legal Services is looking for from its lawyers:
Team players who enjoy working with people from different backgrounds and disciplines
Approachable people who are keen to develop personally and professionally, and to assist with the development of junior team members
Lawyers with a passion for the law
Intellectually curious, open-minded and analytical people, with an eye for detail and pride in their work
Driven and proactive professionals who deliver a great service to their clients
Relationship builders who can spot and develop new opportunities both within the KPMG network and externally
Flexible people who are able to deal with a fluid, changing work environment.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Building and developing positive business relationships within and outside KPMG
Assessing problems from multiple angles to ensure that our clients have comprehensive commercial law advice to support their decision-making
Working collaboratively to devise and driving forward creative legal solutions for clients
Providing our clients with a seamless multi-disciplinary legal implementation service on national and global projects
Assisting clients in the development of new businesses in the start-up phase or when wishing to enter new markets
Advising clients on the legal aspects of changes to their business models,including as a result of adoption of digital and other technologies.
Supporting clients with the legal implementation of their transformation programmes, including group restructuring, outsourcing, large scale technology programmes
Helping clients create, manage, exploit and protect their intellectual property assets.
Qualifications and Skills:
The applicant will be a commercial lawyer with experience of information technology law and agreements. The applicant will have experience in contractual drafting and negotiation gained on national and international projects, across a range of disciplines including:
Outsourcing arrangements (both ITO and BPO)
Software licensing, IT services and IT infrastructure arrangements (including public cloud and data centre arrangements)
IP licensing and also research and development agreements
The applicant should also have sufficient data protection experience to draft and advise on data transfer, data processor and data-sharing agreements.
Applicants who have some but not all of the above experience will still be considered.
Experience and Background:
The applicant must be a qualified lawyer with at least 4 years PQE
The applicant must be keen to develop and broaden his/her legal skills toinclude working on multi-disciplinary projects and being closer to the business side of these projects.
The successful applicant will be a self-starter and a strong performer and team player who is focussed on helping to ensure that the team successfully delivers projects for its clients. While consulting appropriately on difficult issues,he/she must be able to deliver robust and appropriate legal advice and exercise sound judgement.
An interest in helping to build the team’s business and relationships will benefit the applicant.
The successful applicant will have experience of working with demanding clients across a wide spectrum of size and activities, and will be expert at service delivery. He/she must be able to demonstrate sound client relationship and business development skills, and a keenness to develop these skills further.
The successful applicant will be expected to take responsibility for servicing and building part of the existing business of the team.
The successful applicant will help promote the team’s work through participating in team and firm events , giving internal and external presentations, and producing expert articles for publication.
Experience in some of the following sectors would be considered helpful:
Financial services (banking, insurance, investment management, payment services)
Transportation (bus, rail, automobiles, mobility as a service)
Digital infrastructure, including telecoms and data centres