I'm looking for
Search results for "Business Support Group"
KPMGI HR Business Partner
Service Line: IHQ
Assistant Manager Special Situations Group
Service Line: Restructuring
Business Development Director
Service Line: Coverage Central
HR Business Partner - 9 month FTC
Service Line: People
Senior Business Development Manager – Innovation Relief & Incentives
Service Line: Claims and Incentives
KPMGI Group Context and Background
KPMG International (KPMGI) does not provide professional services to clients. KPMGI works globally to set our strategy, ensure global consistency and provide expertise to support member firms in the delivery of our Collective Strategy and the achievement of our growth and trust ambition. KPMGI people, or those in Global roles, work across the world in a number of function, sector and business support teams.
The KPMGI HR team is responsible for delivering the Talent Strategy and innovative solutions that support the Global Business Strategy and key strategic priorities, as they impact those in Global roles.
Organizationally, every Global function is supported by a designated KPMGI HRBP
The KPMGI HRBP is primary liaison on all People matters impacting relevant Global persons, in the population they support, across multiple Global locations. This role works closely with the Global Leaders of Global functions (i.e. GMT Leader, Global COO, Chief of Staff, Senior People Leader, where applicable), in-country HR and Compensation teams, in-country HR Advisors supporting Global and other HRBPs within the KPMGI HR.
HRBP's will apply their generalist background and provide oversight, direction and support to ensure both effective and efficient provision of HR services to a Global function. KPMGI HRBP roles are instrumental in driving improved business performance with focus on consistency of HR communications, policy and process.
40% - Workforce planning & management
- Have complete visibility, at all times, of all incoming KPMGI resources & movements, be it direct hires, bought-in staff, 3rd party contractors, rotations, etc. and an oversight of the mechanics of these movements; advise and challenge KPMGI hiring managers on the job specifications and package structures to be offered to new hires for KPMGI.
- Maintain for respective Global function, in close cooperation with Global Finance Controllers and under supervision of the PMO (KPMGI Talent & Operations SM), a real-time database containing relevant and necessary information on people in Global roles; purposefully use the employee data; maintain up to date organizational charts, employee lists, Global function DL and employment terms for all individuals within Global function
- Assist respective Global Leadership team on workforce planning assessments and related requirements and actions (e.g. skill gap analyses, strategic resourcing, recruitment, retention programs, defining the experience capabilities/role requirements of the future, mobility, succession planning, etc.) as needed;
20% Performance & Talent
- Facilitate and manage Interim and year end calibration discussions across the entire Global function; provide advice and challenge to the KPMGI performance managers on the application of the MF and KPMGI process to identify and manage and support both strong performers and underperformers.
- Proactively engage with KPMGI Performance Managers to ensure robust performance objectives are set for their appraisees and support the upskilling of PMs throughout the performance cycle
10% - Pay Planning
- As one of the key Pay Planning designates for the Global function 1) support making fair, timeous and consistent pay recommendations, accounting for both the local approach, the KPMGI approach and the unique needs within the KPMGI function (i.e. hot skills, etc.) 2) educate, counsel and support other Pay Planning designates in the Global function during the KPMGI pay cycle 3) consolidate and maintain an overview of pay decisions and nuances for each team member once agreed with the Global COOs; the KPMGI HRBP ultimately holds accountability for accuracy of pay data provided on behalf of the Global function
15% - Employee Relations
- Provide proactive guidance to KPMGI leaders on informal employee relations challenges, such as immediate challenges with performance or relationships among KPMGI people that have no legal or disciplinary implications; anticipate and resolve employee matters and questions
15% - Other Initiatives
- Establish close working relationships with respective Global COOs, CoS and SPLs (where applicable), within allocated Global function, to be seen as trusted and value adding advisor; understand and drive execution of the People priorities uniquely relevant to the Global function
- Contribute to the determination of the KPMGI-wide action plan emerging from the annual Global People Survey and oversee due follow through in order to continually focus on increasing engagement levels.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, across KPMGI, on attraction, engagement and retention of talent, based on the understanding of industry standards and existing, emerging and best in class people practices in KPMGI core locations or functions
- Further KPMGI HR Priorities both as an active member of the broader KPMGI HR/ HRBP community and as a contributor to either the design or implementation of certain strategic KPMGI HR initiatives
“Everyone a Leader” Competencies
1. Drive quality: Delivers high-quality products and exceptional service that provide value and exceed client expectations
2. Apply a strategic perspective: Uses diverse sets of inputs to develop a broad perspective on business and people issues
3. Make sound decisions: Exercises sound ethical and business judgment when making decisions
4. Build collaborative relationships: Connects with individuals, teams and organizations to build lasting, collaborative relationships that enable global, firm-wide growth
5. Develop and motivate others: Engages teams, instills confidence, and coaches people to find meaning in their work and achieve exceptional results
Skills & Qualifications
To be successful, you must have strong people and problem solving skills, project/case management and analytical capabilities. In addition, you will possess a good understanding in the areas of recruitment, HR technology, business processes, performance and talent management, compensation and benefits and able to interact and deal effectively with different stakeholder groups within the KPMGI network. As well as a strong appreciation of the sensitivity of information, respect for confidentiality and a solid team-oriented attitude.
- Technical knowledge of Employment law and the application
- Good project management skills for medium scale initiatives
- Analytical skills
- Ability to identify and analyze trends in employee data
- Experience in recruitment is an asset
- CIPD or part CIPD qualified is an asset
- Strong team player with good influencing skills
- Ability to coach peers, team members, and key stakeholders
- Aptitude for continuously improving processes/best practices
- Integrates information from a variety of different sources and considers the broader impact of issues
- Self-motivated and able to manage conflicting deadlines and demands
- Strong mind-set for continuous improvement and meeting or exceeding client expectations
- Proven track record of successful relationship development and management capabilities with stakeholders
- Ability to influence and confidently negotiate at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to influence, evaluate and manage conflicting priorities effectively in a fast-paced environment with senior level leaders
Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
KPMG’s Special Situations Group delivers a broad spectrum of restructuring work including lender and company side advisory through a period of distress and/or restructuring, as well as implementation support covering turnaround, transformation and liquidity (both working capital improvement and cash preservation for stressed and distressed situations).
We are a team of approximately 90 people, led by seven partners and 16 directors. We are looking to grow the team to enhance our delivery capability to support our next phase of growth.
Whilst the team is not aligned to specific sectors there are individuals with significant experience in certain sectors and specific functional and/or sector focus would be considered a benefit. Applicants however will be expected to work across all sectors (both in the private and public sector) and situations depending on client demand.
Where possible, assignments will be resourced to suit individuals’ base locations, but the nature and unpredictability of our work will mean that some travel (and possible international working) will be required.
We are looking to recruit Assistant Managers to join the team based in London, although applicants will be required to work in other UK, European or international based locations depending on client demand. The role will involve working across a number of product types highlighted above and applicants should be ready to work in dynamic, flexible and fast moving environments.
• Working in engagement teams of typically 3 to 6 people, supporting senior team members on a range of product types.
• Build strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders in engagements, and, where appropriate, be the day-to-day contact for smaller client projects.
• Project management role, taking ownership of the key aspects of cases or managing discreet aspects of larger assignments.
• Undertaking of detailed analysis to present robust advice to clients.
• Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for businesses and their stakeholders.
• Managing sector specific research alongside client work when possible, in order to form views of market trends and assist in generating / identify sales opportunities.
• Supporting preparation of pitch packs with senior team members and co-ordinating cross firm input.
Key Skills and Competencies Required
• Qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent).
• Strong analysis and report writing skills
• Strong commercial and business acumen.
• Experience in managing key deliverables for internal or external stakeholders. Restructuring experience desirable but not essential.
• Ability to work innovatively and ‘self-start’.
• Desire to build wide advisory skillsets and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings.
• Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels. This is also often in challenging circumstances given the financial positions of the organisations we typically work with.
• Financial modelling experience in restructuring scenarios or the ability to demonstrate strong excel skills.
• Drive, enthusiasm and a “can do” attitude
• Creative with a willingness to try new and different approaches – our clients often have multiple issues which may not be what we are initially expecting.
• A positive team influence and achievements beyond the realms of project work.
At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Role and Responsibilities:
Your role will be to focus on CML&R clients to drive opportunities, relationships and profitable revenue from service lines across the firm. You will work to develop your own network and relationships at the client, understand their issues and, from that, develop cross-service line solutions and drive incremental profitable revenue. You will work closely with the Sector Lead.
- Work on selected Corporates CML&R clients with the best opportunity for growth
- Spend the majority of time at client site or in meetings and calls with clients
- Identify and gather information on new client and sector issues through meetings (primarily face-to-face), and share this effectively within Sector
- Facilitate expansion of points of contact between KPMG and the client. Create, maintain and drive the execution of the relationship map and plan to develop many to many contacts.
- Personally lead development of those relationships where KPMG has no existing relationship, introducing and supporting connections for specialists to then win work
- Develop peer relationships with client senior management, and together with the Sector Lead build Board and ExCo level connection
- Co-ordinate client relationship events and ensure return on investment is measured through deepened relationships and increased opportunity for KPMG to work with the client
- Act as a role model for Business Development across Corporates in terms of both external behaviours, methodical and thoughtful approach to sales, and fully leveraging the KPMG sales support
- Focus on current issues to ensure that relevant time sensitive solutions and ideas are communicated to clients using internal network to identify KPMG’s angle and develop a proposition to take to the client
- Identify white space at the client and individuals to target. Lead on developing and driving plans
- Boost sales conversion through deploying rigorous sales processes, pricing, contracting and negotiation, to win work across multiple channels
- Ensure all sales activities are consistent with KPMG account plan sales process, client service meetings, client service reviews etc.
- Act as a focal point for selling new propositions, working closely with the Sector Lead to drive specific agreed topics across the Sector
- Actively seek opportunities to add more value to the client, through cross-functional solutions
- Provide visibility of sales pipeline by ensuring opportunity management systems are kept up to date
- Provide real-time on the job coaching to Capability Partners and teams to increase win-rates and profitability, and help develop their individual sales skills and knowledge
- Bring new ideas and methods to the account and Sector, and liaise with other account team members to ensure that best practice is shared, client and regional intelligence is communicated and the team has a good understanding of what services are selling well
- Understand the wider offerings of the firm and gain a good understanding of broader sector / client trends, issues, needs, and potential applicability / relevance across own portfolio
- Act as a focal point for communications between client and KPMG team
- Act with a Global Mindset to secure the best of KPMG is brought to bear for the benefit of the client
- Be able to drive value-adding business conversations with clients which challenge their thinking and position KPMG effectively
- Sets the standard for insight and opinions delivered to the client - knowledgeable on both client business issues and KPMG solutions and can match both effectively through assimilation.
- Be confident interacting at the most senior levels internally and externally, while at the same time able to interact well with peers
- Strong questioning and listening skills with ability to see the bigger picture
- Effective networker with ability to understand client needs
- External profile through social media and events
- Mature in outlook, with strong influencing skills (internal and with client) and diplomacy
- Positive and enthusiastic manner in dealing with a cross section of people
- Be well organised, detail-conscious, pro-active, hard-working, and resilient
- Be flexible in their approach and able to work under pressure
- a track record within sales either directly or through a client-facing professional role
- Good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- Good knowledge of professional services organisations
- Good presentation skills
- Possess strong communication skills and be confident speaking 1-on-1 to senior clients and to larger groups
Purpose of Role
To act as the primary point of contact for assigned internal client group (Coverage, PGL, Function or a subset within one of these areas: “internal client”), managing and delivering an outstanding HR business service to clients. Also acts as a key facilitator and enabler of the matrixed organisation
and a driver of change.
Major Functions / Accountabilities
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with internal clients, including but not limited to, Capability, Coverage or Function Partners, Segment Heads, Head of Performance Operations (HoPO), Performance Leaders (PLs) and other senior clients as needed to fulfil capability group/specific role requirements.
• Build an understanding of the internal client group, e.g., what they do, their strategic people priorities, their strategic people plan (SPP) etc. to deliver the best service possible as part of the team.
• Working with the Centres of Excellence and PLs, delivery of HR Calendar activities (includes GPS, performance management, salary and bonus, promotions and talent review cycles) for the internal client group ensuring that the required process is consistently undertaken in accordance with the KPMG guidelines and the internal client group’s people plan.
• Operate as part of a team, to deliver the agreed people plan, with guidance and direction from Senior HRBP; reporting actions to HoPO and People Partners.
• Implement internal client specific projects to support KPMG’s people strategy and the capability and performance group people plan. Always champion KPMG’s culture, behaviours and values and Inclusion and Diversity (I&D) agenda in all activities and projects.
• Act as an agent of change for initiatives, working to embed any transformation, anticipate and overcome issues and proactively suggesting solutions.
Delivery of people strategy / performance group people plan:
• Working with the relevant PGL Senior HRBP, provide input to form / inform the strategic people plan based on knowledge, needs and analysis of the internal client group.
• Work with the PGL Senior HRBP and across the relevant HRBP Team to roll out that plan and monitor its progress.
• In both the forming and monitoring of plans, take a lead role in terms of analysis of management information / reporting to identify themes and trends, and suggest HR interventions to address accordingly.
Delivery of HR Calendar activities for colleagues in your performance group:
• In support of the Senior HRBP, work with People Function CoEs and PeopleCentre colleagues to ensure HR policy and procedures are implemented consistently and effectively.
• Work within the HRBP team to lead / run specific calendar projects throughout the year, representing your internal client group within the People Function.
• Work closely with Senior HRBP, People Partner, HoPO and the recruitment and resourcing teams to ensure that they understand the future requirements of the client group at all levels, including Graduate/Student recruitment.
• Advise on the structure of packages to be offered to new hires.
• Working with the HR Advisory Team, support their resolution of isolated highly complex and/or high risk people issues. Provide coaching support to others (e.g. business leaders) in effective people management.
• Lead the delivery of HR projects / change initiatives to support the client’s people strategy and the function people plan.
• Liaise with other People Function teams, e.g., Learning or Reward, to provide a seamless service to the client group on strategic projects and calendar processes
Key Metrics & Measures:
• Client feedback (Whilst the line report is into the People function, the key source of feedback is the client group)
• Delivery of projects / change initiatives (effectiveness, timeliness and quality)
• Successful completion of HR Calendar activities Staff engagement, GPS/Pulse score for client group
• Inclusion and diversity target zones achieved for internal client group
• Quality and timeliness of service
• Satisfactory resolution of complex ER cases
• Feedback from colleagues in the People Function
Key Behaviours & Skills:
• Strong HR knowledge (CIPD qualification or equivalent)
• Project orientated and able to both create and work to detailed project plans
• Client relationship and influencing skills
• Honed collaboration skills, understanding how to operate in a complex, matrixed organisation
• Analytical and problem-solving skills and strong delivery focus
• Confidence in presenting to Partners and internal client group leadership
• Demonstrated ability to evaluate and manage conflicting priorities in a fast paced environment with senior level leaders Data orientated with proven experience of using data to influence client initiatives and actions
• Excellent IT skills (advanced Excel and PowerPoint)
Role and Responsibilities
You will be part of an established IRI team in London and across the UK linking in with the Sales and Marketing team. The UK Sales Team is at the forefront of our efforts to establish, build and retain business within our selected markets.
Sales is a high profile opportunity within KPMG and IRI is in need of focusing on this area in the Mid Market space where competitors have large teams of dedicated sales people. You will be playing a crucial role in helping to drive the business forward and will be part of a dynamic team culture offering strong internal networks and support. Your role will be to pursue R&D, grants and Patent Box leads and opportunities created via our various routes to market and manage a defined portfolio of clients in the London and National regions to generate revenues and pipeline.
Your main internal points of contact will be with the Office Senior Partners, Client Lead Partners, Sales Partners, Heads of particular Sectors and the Head of Clients and Growth. The focus of targets will be regionally based Private Capital ‘targets’ to drive relationships, focus on clients/sectors fit for the future, raise awareness of KPMG’s brand, create opportunities, oversee strategic proposals and, ultimately increase revenue.
Work on a diverse portfolio of targets focused on creating relationships and new opportunities.
Spend 80% of time engaged in sales activities
Identify and gather information on new client issues through primary (face-to-face) meetings
Facilitate expansion of points of contact between KPMG and clients. Create, maintain and drive the execution of the relationship map and plan to develop many to many contacts.
Personally lead development of those relationships where KPMG has no existing relationship
Develop peer relationships with client staff and procurement teams
Co-ordinate client relationship events and ensure return on investment is measured through deepened relationships and increased opportunity for KPMG to work with the client
Identify and build relationships with regional influencers by attending events, hosting internal sales meetings and supporting Client Service Teams (CSTs), sharing best practice and seeking opportunities to raise profile externally
Understand KPMG’s approach to managing the sales pipeline and converting opportunities
Act as a role model for Business Development across agreed portfolio and Region
Focus on current issues to ensure that time sensitive solutions and ideas are communicated to clients using internal network to identify KPMG’s angle and develop a proposition to take to the client
Identify opportunities at the client and individuals to target.
Boost sales conversion through deploying rigorous sales processes, pricing, contracting and negotiation, to win work across multiple channels
Work with and across functions and functional partners to enhance sales efforts. Agree sales strategy to penetrate the account, assign ownership for relationships with key stakeholders and ensure appropriate visibility at board level.
Ensure all sales activities are consistent with KPMG account plan sales process, client service meetings, client service reviews etc.
Act as a focal point for articulating and selling new propositions
Actively seek opportunities to add more value to the client, through cross-functional solutions
Provide visibility of sales pipeline by ensuring SAP pipeline management systems are kept up to date
Ensure major opportunities/actions from account plans are reviewed and challenged regularly
Coach teams in sales/proposal best practice
Build a strong and extensive external network, raising your profile with key businesses and multipliers, including sector specialists lawyers, banks, etc.
Leverage KPMG network by encouraging and facilitating cross- functional involvement
Act as a focal point for communications between the client and KPMG team
Leverage the internal talent pool by securing the best people for your clients
Facilitate communication amongst team members; develop client knowledge to encourage communication and discussion amongst the CST.
Share knowledge of sales and relationship management by informally seeking opportunities to coach and mentor partners and emerging leaders
Bring new ideas and methods to accounts and liaise with other account team members to ensure that best practice is shared, client and regional intelligence is communicated and the team has a good understanding of what services are selling well
Understand the wider offerings of the firm and gain a good understanding of broader sector / client trends, issues, needs, and potential applicability / relevance across own portfolio
Provide sales forecasts by involving all functions that can add value to the account, including regular meetings with all functions involved with the account. This includes working on behalf of services that the client doesn’t buy in order to open the door
Manage tenders and the pitch process, providing challenge and support. Ensure that our client knowledge is best represented, and inject the client perspective into the process. Ensure that our responses to RFPs score well. This includes developing clear client USPs that support the strategic direction of KPMG with that organisation/authority.
Net sales YTD – by client
Growth v PY and v budget
Pipeline YTD - with a focus on those programmes that you are driving
New relationships you have initiated/developed this year and/or examples of existing relationships strengthened (including CRM scores)
Feedback comments from Sales Partners, Sector Heads and Client Lead Partners
Performance relative to the BDM ‘gold standard’ behaviours
Strength of external network and profile
Wider contribution to the regional sales effort
Able to drive value-adding business conversations with clients
Tangible income generation evidence
Sets the standard for insight and opinions delivered to the client, as is knowledgeable on both client business issues and KPMG solutions and can match both effectively through assimilation.
Be confident interacting at the most senior levels internally and externally, while at the same time able to interact well with peers and other more junior members of the team
Strong questioning and listening skills with ability to see the bigger picture
Effective networker with ability to understand client needs
Good thinker with ability to understand concepts and with relevant industry experience
Mature in outlook, with strong influencing skills (internal and with client) and diplomacy
Positive and enthusiastic manner in dealing with a cross section of people
Practical but can think strategically
Be well organised, detail-conscious, pro-active, hard-working, and resilient
Be flexible in their approach and able to work under pressure
Experience of sales or a client-facing professional role and understanding of professional services markets an advantage.
Good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
Good presentation skills
Possess excellent communication skills and be confident speaking to large group