I'm looking for
Search results for "Business Support Group"
Associate - Infrastructure Advisory Group
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Associate Director - Water - Infrastructure Advisory Group
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Assistant Manager - Audit Business Risk
Service Line: QRM
SAP Business Development Director
Service Line: MC Technology
Assistant Manager Infratech, Infrastructure Advisory Group
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Manager - Asset Management - Infrastructure Advisory Group
Service Line: Corporate Finance
IAG provides in-depth advice on the strategic, financial and commercial issues driving investments in infrastructure across Transport, Power & Utilities, and Social Infrastructure in the UK and internationally. This advice ranges from the strategic thinking and advice to companies and investors to enable private capital to fund infrastructure to the detailed technical skills required at financial close and the ongoing monitoring/project management as well as restructuring when things go wrong. IAG also works closely with other functions within KPMG to advise clients on mergers and acquisitions, valuations, tax, accounting, and due diligence issues.
The financing and procurement of primary infrastructure is a key part of the business and supports the ambitious UK Government plans. IAG works with a range of public and private clients who are looking to raise and invest capital or in the case of the public sector, to seek the means to introduce private sector capital. We are looking for a high-quality candidate to support our business with a particular focus on energy and transport in terms of both project management and delivery of assignments.
We are offering an opportunity to gain experience in a multi-functional team working across a range of strategic, regulatory and transactional mandates in the infrastructure sector. In this role, the successful candidate will be client facing and should build financial modelling skills, gain a thorough understanding of project finance and commercial/financial analysis common in complex transactions and structures.
The successful candidate will form part of IAG’s Nuclear team and will help analyse and finance some of the UK and Europe’s largest projects. Projects are not limited to the Nuclear sector and work currently being delivered includes;
- Financing and negotiation of new nuclear power station in Europe;
- Financial advisory and reporting on a UK nuclear power station’s construction;
- Financial and contract management analysis of Offshore Wind projects;
- Financial Advisory and raising process for a new UK sea-port targeting the Offshore Wind Sector;
- Debt Advisory in relation to a vehicle leasing project with MOD;
- Financeability analysis on a UK regulated gas network;
- Support to UK Government Investments; and
- Design and implementation of a Helicopter Procurement.
- Business Development in the UK’s Small Modular Reactor sector
- Business Development in the UK’s Carbon Capture, Usage & Storage sector
- Business Development in the UK’s Hydrogen Gas sector
- Business Development in the UK’s Net Zero policy sector
Key responsibilities of the role include researching and analysing information to deliver elements of our complex power generation project engagements, pitch documents and/or associated client deliverables in the Power sector by:
- Helping to develop and assess strategic objectives and business plans for clients (investment business cases, market entry exit or growth)
- Analysing the financial merits of projects and whether they meet objectives of both Government policy, Financing Institutions and the Client
- Building or analysing Financial Models in Microsoft Excel.
- Reporting on the progress and risks of ongoing project delivery.
- Developing market intelligence, though leadership and sector knowledge to support business development
- Maintain a good understanding of the infrastructure development market and Government policies to support funding and financing of projects.
- Ensuring projects are delivered in a manner that complies with internal and regulatory procedures
- Structuring and writing reports by taking complex concepts and articulating them in a digestible format
- Contributing to the delivery of specific engagements on a day to day basis
- Supporting pitching for new business with ideas
- Contributing to specific business development initiatives, particularly proposals and pitches.
- Contributing to delivery of multiple projects simultaneously
- Developing a good working understanding of compliance procedures
- Contributing to the effective planning, delivery and closure of projects
The ideal candidate would:
- Have an active interest in net zero / renewable energy sector and be interested in government support and policy in these areas;
- Understand the commercial considerations and perspectives that investors, stakeholders, lenders and policymakers have in relation to the infrastructure planning, financing and procurement of projects;
- Bring excellent English, report writing, Excel and Powerpoint skills to the role;
- Be skilled in financial analysis, financial modelling and valuations;
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of economic and financial theory, current members of the team have CIMA, CFA or ACA;
- Be comfortable and/or experienced in an external facing role;
- provide compelling and well-thought out solutions to financial or economic problems of moderate complexity;
- Provide persuasive and self-assured responses in a credible manner;
- Appreciate the chance to work on a wide range of projects and proposals simultaneously to demanding timetables.
- 5 GCSEs/O levels including Maths and English
- Degree in finance, economics, engineering, mathematics or similar;
- All UK staff who have not passed a Financial Services Authority (FSA) approved exam will be required to do so.
KPMG’s Infrastructure Group in the UK consists of c200 professionals and is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading independent financial and business advisers in infrastructure.
We provide in-depth advice on the strategic, financial, regulatory and commercial issues driving investments in infrastructure across Transport, Power & Utilities, and Social Infrastructure in the UK and internationally. Our work includes market and policy design, economic analysis, deal structuring and execution, as well as strategic and transaction advice to enable private and public capital to fund infrastructure. We also work closely with other functions within KPMG to advise clients on mergers and acquisitions, valuations, tax, accounting, and due diligence.
The utilities sector is a key business area for the Infrastructure Group and encompasses work for the large clients in the sector including all of the leading UK energy and water companies. We provide in depth strategic and technical advice on corporate finance issues, corporate financial management; regulatory finance, regulatory policy, business and financial planning, as well as other issues affecting value. We are widely recognised by many industry stakeholders as one of the most innovative advisors influencing the future of the sector.
Our business is expanding rapidly and is looking for a high-quality candidate to support our Power & Utilities business, with a particular focus on the water sector.
You would be joining the leading provider of strategic economic consultancy services in the water sector.
While you will have specific responsibilities for contributing towards the team’s water business, there will also be opportunities to work in other sectors, primarily energy networks.
Working closely with sector and subject matter experts you will develop to become the ‘go to’ person for water economic advice. This will involve developing an in-depth understanding of Ofwat’s regulatory framework.
You will build relationships with key clients across the sector, as well as with other advisors (e.g. legal and engineering).
The projects that you will advise on will be high profile and varied. For example, in recent years we have advised on the regulatory framework for the Thames Tideway Tunnel, every aspect of water companies’ business plans, bulk supply trading negotiations, Competition and Markets Authority re-determinations, major transactions, organisational transformations, and much more. If there is a large strategic project taking place in the sector, the chances are we will be advising on it.
There is no ‘typical project’. You will need to apply a structured strategic approach to problem solving, drawing on established economic principles, while having the capacity to think creatively.
The work will include a combination of report drafting, economic analysis, and engaging with clients.
You will need to be comfortable managing, coaching, and mentoring junior staff across a number of projects.
You will contribute towards building the team, identifying opportunities in the market, and providing thought leadership.
We are looking for someone who is passionate to develop the team and be seen as a leader within the sector.
You will have experience in the utilities sector, in the industry, at a regulator, or as a consultant ideally with water sector experience.
You will have knowledge either of the regulatory frameworks for utility companies, micro-economics, or finance (ideally all three).
You will be comfortable and/or experienced in presenting to clients.
Be a highly motivated, ambitious self-starter, willing to take advantages of the opportunities this position offers.
You will bring excellent report writing, Excel and PowerPoint skills—strong writing and quantitative skills are a must.
The Business Risk Function is embedded into the Audit Function and as such is an integral and important part of the audit function. As the risk environment evolves, due to changes in legislation and reporting standards, the current policies and processes will need to be aligned to those changes. In order to achieve this successfully the Function works closely with other areas of the business such as Central Risk, Office of General Counsel, Finance and Sentinel.
The role requires initiative and flexibility, suiting an efficient organiser. To be successful, the job holder will need to be confident, assertive, have the ability to prioritise their own workload and be responsive to changing priorities. The role requires supporting the Head of Business Risk and will have close interaction with individuals at all levels of seniority throughout the firm.
This is a permanent role opportunity.
Risk MI and Risk Register – assist the Head of Business Risk in:
• Providing support in developing and managing the local risk register proactively, ensuring it is kept up to date
• Contributing to the development, reporting and management of risk MI for the benefit of the Performance Group Leadership.
• Provide support in identifying risks and identify the appropriate actions required to manage/bring back identified risks within tolerance levels
• Monitoring of the Improve or Exit’ programme particularly in AIM/smaller listed entities.
• Providing risk updates and reports to the Head of Business Risk
Risk Operating System - MSD
• Managing the risk data within MSD, this will include identifying and rectifying risk errors
• To act as a Business Risk MSD Super User. You will be required to provide ongoing support, advice and training to engagement teams in regards to MSD engagement management set-up
• Analysis of data for monthly reporting which will include producing deliverables for both internal and external reviews to include Regulators
• Take ownership of the partner rotation process, working with Partners and Segment Heads. You will be required to identify potential regulatory breaches and escalate to the Head of Business Risk where appropriate
• Analysis and delivery of all Partner / Director succession planning
• Monitor the information currently held on the MSD system, ensuring that the information is set up correctly and challenge where appropriate
• Management of KGS as and when required
• Attend briefings and training sessions led by Central Audit Risk and communicate outputs back to the function
• Supporting and Advising Key Stakeholders of the Business as and when required
Annual Risk Review
• Support with output of the Segment Annual Risk Review
• Support the Head of Business Risk resolve output from the Central Risk Review Process
• Supporting the Head of Business Risk with ad-hoc regulatory reporting
• Supporting the Audit with guidance when a statutory duty report needs to be issued
• Support the Head of Business Risk with the management of the statutory duty to report process and other regulatory requirements
• Supporting the Head of Business Risk with requests from the Regulatory Affairs Department and responses to regulatory queries
• Supporting requests for Regulatory Compliance Reviews which will include working with the audit teams to collate and analyse responses
• Statutory Duty to report record keeping and analysis
• Record keeping of other regulatory requirements
• Management of PRA and FCA resignation process
• Support the Head of Business Risk to manage the responses needed for the monthly risk analysis and OEPI tools
• Provide responses to ad-hoc queries that arise from audit teams
• Continue to work on raising the profile of Business Risk across the Firm
• Review of MFE arrangements and provide guidance to audit teams as and when needed
• Provide support with ad-hoc projects
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Risk Managment Qualification
• Must be proficient in excel
• Currently working in a regulated company
Role and Responsibilities:
Your role will be to focus on Corporates and National Markets clients to develop and sell SAP opportunities, build client relationships to deliver profitable revenue from service lines across the firm.
You will work to develop your own network and relationships at the client, understand their issues and, from that, develop cross-service line solutions and drive incremental profitable revenue. You will work closely with the SAP capability Lead.
Managing the full sales process from lead generation to close • Building relationships within the SAP ecosystem • Building a medium-long term sales strategy for future growth
- Work on selected Corporates and National Markets clients with the best opportunity for growth Spend majority of time in meetings and calls with clients
- Identify and gather information on new client and sector issues through meetings, and share this effectively within capability group
- Facilitate expansion of points of contact between KPMG and the client. Create, maintain and drive the execution of the relationship map and plan to develop many to many contacts.
- Personally lead development of those relationships where KPMG has no existing relationship, introducing and supporting connections for specialists to then win work
- Develop peer relationships with client senior management, and together with the Sector Lead build Board and ExCo level connection
- Co-ordinate client relationship events and ensure return on investment is measured through deepened relationships and increased opportunity for KPMG to work with the client
- Act as a role model for Business Development across the firm in terms of both external behaviours, methodical and thoughtful approach to sales, and fully leveraging the KPMG sales support
- Focus on current issues to ensure that relevant time sensitive solutions and ideas are communicated to clients using internal network to identify KPMG’s angle and develop a proposition to take to the client
- Identify white space at the client and individuals to target. Lead on developing and driving plans
- Boost sales conversion through deploying rigorous sales processes, pricing, contracting and negotiation, to win work across multiple channels
- Ensure all sales activities are consistent with KPMG account plan sales process, client service meetings, client service reviews etc.
- Act as a focal point for selling new propositions, working closely with the Capability Lead to drive specific agreed topics across the Sector
- Actively seek opportunities to add more value to the client, through cross-functional solutions - Provide visibility of sales pipeline by ensuring opportunity management systems are kept up to date
- Bring new ideas and methods to the account and Sector, and liaise with other account team members to ensure that best practice is shared, client and regional intelligence is communicated and the team has a good understanding of what services are selling well
- Understand the wider offerings of the firm and gain a good understanding of broader sector / client trends, issues, needs, and potential applicability / relevance across own portfolio
- Act as a focal point for communications between client and KPMG team
- Act with a Global Mindset to secure the best of KPMG is brought to bear for the benefit of the client
- Strong SAP background, 15+ years selling and delivering SAP-enabled solutions to medium-large blue-chip (FTSE 250+) clients. Able to credibly build and explain business cases for this type of work to senior Client partners across business and IT.
- Be able to drive value-adding business conversations with clients which challenge their thinking and position KPMG effectively
- Sets the standard for insight and opinions delivered to the client - knowledgeable on both client business issues and KPMG solutions and can match both effectively through assimilation.
- Be confident interacting at the most senior levels internally and externally, while at the same time able to interact well with peers
- Strong questioning and listening skills with ability to see the bigger picture
- Effective networker with ability to understand client needs
- External profile through social media and events
- Mature in outlook, with strong influencing skills (internal and with client) and diplomacy
- Positive and enthusiastic manner in dealing with a cross section of people
- Be well organised, detail-conscious, pro-active, hard-working, and resilient
- Be flexible in their approach and able to work under pressure Skills: - a track record within sales either directly or through a client-facing professional role
- Good interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- Good knowledge of professional services organisations
- Good presentation skills
- Possess strong communication skills and be confident speaking 1-on-1 to senior clients and to larger groups
Infrastructure is evolving: assets are becoming smarter and better connected. The opportunities for exploiting technologies to drive value from infrastructure and assets have never been greater.
Our Infrastructure Advisory Group (IAG) advises major public and private sector infrastructure and asset-intensive organisations across all sectors, including Natural Resources, Energy, Power, Utilities, Transport, Oil and Gas, Defence, Health and Education. We are strengthening our Infratech capability to meet increasing demand from these organisations in support for how to use data, analytics and technology to unlock value from their assets and infrastructure.
This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities building upon a global capabilities in Infrastructure, Asset
Management and Data Analytics.
We are seeking an ambitious and innovative professional who is passionate about infrastructure and technology, with the skills and desire to combine the two to drive improvements for our clients.
You will be responsible for helping grow and deliver our Infratech business, working with client organisations and other
KPMG teams to develop our offerings and value propositions.
- Support the IAG Infratech
- Lead in developing our Infratech value propositions
- Deliver Infratech engagements
- Develop technology solutions for client challenges
- Work with KPMG’s global Infratech network to identify, develop and deploy appropriate tools and methodologies
- Work with KPMG’s technology and data analytics team to develop and deploy proof of concepts and solutions
- Use your analytical skills to bring new insights to clients
- Client facing role for engagement delivery, including analysis, presentation and workshop facilitation.
- Work with client teams to develop analytical proof of concepts.
- Support change management of client teams to embed solutions and supporting processes, training and upskilling client teams.
- Develop internal networks with other data, analytics and technology teams in KPMG
- The role will potentially have a material impact on the success of the Infratech offering and its growth within IAG.
- The role will be client facing and have direct impact on the reputation and perception of KPMG
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience working with data, analytics and technology to solve problems and drive business improvement
- Interest in infrastructure industry sectors
- Demonstrable experience of innovative thinking
- Experience of delivering projects within adisruptive sector, such as a technology startup
- Experience in consultancy / client facing assignments
- Experience of developingapplications to solve business problems
Experience and Background:
- Analytical background including numerate degree (or equivalent experience)
- Data science skillset, including coding experience in Python, R, or similar language
- Understanding of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning techniques and their application to business problems
- Development in cloud-based environments
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to bring complex data, analytics and technology concepts to life for non-specialist audiences
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical rigour
Our AMA team works with major public and private sector entities across all sectors but principally those with major capital and infrastructure commitments in Natural Resources, Energy, Power & Utilities, Transport, Oil and Gas, Defence and Health and Education. This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities building upon a global capability in Asset Management.
We are seeking an Industry leading Asset Management professional to become the subject matter expert for KPMG UK supporting all AMA activity across the business including Operating Model Transformation, Strategy and Planning, Internal Audit, Transactions, Risk and Technology.
Services provided by the AMA Team:
- Asset organisation and operating model transformation
- Analytics and asset management improvement programmes
- Asset investment planning including corporate value frameworks
- Network/service resilience and maintenance planning
- Internal audit, assurance and peer review of key business processes
- Data and technology advisory services for the asset lifecycle
As a Manager in our team you will be responsible, amongst other things for:
- Delivering key work streams within a large engagement or leading less complex engagements operating at all levels of the business
- Managing the KPMG team and day to day programme for engagements where required and delivery key deliverables at pace and to the highest quality.
- Support off project development of asset management capability and development of the AM tools and methodologies across the team and within projects
- Engaging across KPMG UK with global teams, including Global Asset Management Centre of Excellence to leverage resources and capabilities developing robust approaches to the supporting service lines.
- Supporting the development with thought leadership and speaking engagements
- Financial management, ensuring timely raising of fee notes and assisting in recovery of fees, and keeping clients informed of costs and time incurred on an appropriately regular basis.
- Ensuring KPMG's quality and risk management procedures are completed to the appropriate standard.
- Pro-actively keeping up to date with Asset Management thinking on a global level.
At manager level, the main focus will be:
- delivering high quality outcomes for clients on project and securing additional work for the current engagement or for related opportunities
- supporting and coordinating bid development for specific pursuits
We are looking for a person who is able to work at pace and provide practical solutions across the broad services we provide. The ability to deal with ambiguity and to put in place frameworks and structure to address this is essential along with good communication skills. Has a track record of delivery high quality outputs.
The technical background will varying and will likely to come from an asset, project and/or business management background for asset intensive organisations.
- Experience focusing on realising the strategic value of asset management at enterprise level and not just the engineering/operational level application and experience engaging with board level representatives in this area.
- Understanding and assessment of operating models and end to end process for asset management and capital delivery for asset intensive organisations
- Life-cycle decision-making and the ability to manage and direct the creation of asset management plans, capital programmes or maintenance regimes
- Assessing and managing risks at both a service/network level and an asset level.
- Strong analytical skills and/or strong written, communication and presentation skills
- Good understanding of asset management information and knowledge management
- Experience in one or more key sectors of Transport, Oil & Gas, Aerospace, Defence, Property/Estates or Utilities
- Good client relationship track record.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Commercial awareness.
- Relevant advisory / consulting / assurance experience.
- Managing change in asset management IT systems and capabilities
- Asset performance management
- Contractor and supplier management
- Asset care and maintenance management
- Sustainable asset management
- Techniques for whole-life costing and accounting
- Asset management information systems
- It would also be an advantage if the individual had practical experience of providing advisory services and if the individual had worked across a number of sectors.