I'm looking for
Search results for "Business Transformation (Internal)"
Manager - Healthcare - Infrastructure Advisory Group
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Audit Manager - Reading
Service Line: Audit
Senior Manager - Legal Services, Commercial London
Service Line: Legal Services
Associate Director, Restructuring – Special Situations Group
Service Line: Restructuring
Associate Director - Head of Technology Enabled Procurement
Service Line: Financial Management
Manager - Transport Economics and Regulation - Infrastructure Advisory
Service Line: Corporate Finance
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Deal Advisory, Consulting, Audit, Tax and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges. With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from enterprises to national government bodies and major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
You’ll be joining our Infrastructure, Government and Health (IGH) Deal Advisory capability with a focus on the Healthcare market that looks to support the NHS and those looking to partner with the NHS on getting major transformation programmes approved and delivered – whether that be an investment in major infrastructure, mergers, partnerships, service change, or integrated care systems. The broader IGH team provides in-depth advice on the strategic, financial, regulatory and commercial issues driving investments in infrastructure across Healthcare, Education, Local Government and Social Housing as well as Transport and Power & Utilities. This ranges from providing strategic advice to financing investments, to working with the public sector to develop the business cases and delivery plans to get change approved within government, and advising through negotiations and processes that support that change.
Our healthcare practice is market-leading and covers a broad range of NHS and broader public sector issues on everything from clinical strategy, to operational excellence, to economic and financial modelling. Given our position as a leading advisor to NHS, we are frequently approached to support the most complex and high profile programmes. Joining our team will expose you to work on a range of high profile assignments helping providers, commissioners and regulators address their most challenging issues. You will benefit from working with and alongside specialists from a number of disciplines and experts from our Global Centre of Excellence.
The business is expanding rapidly and is looking for a high quality candidate to support this growth. We are looking for Managers to join our teams in the London or Birmingham office who will work as part of a national team.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Manager in our growing healthcare practice, you will be central to the development of strategy as well as delivery of transformation programmes.
Projects regularly involve working within a wider a multidisciplinary team across KPMG with technical, business, data science, business management, finance or IT skills. Successful candidates will therefore work collaboratively with KPMG colleagues and clients to:
• Project manage the delivery of client engagements
• Provide insight based on detailed analysis and working with our network to identify international best practice
• Build strong client relationships
• Manage input from internal teams and external advisers
• Produce high quality documentation and presentations, including business cases that comply with NHSE&I guidance for transactions or investments
• Drive their personal development and seek out opportunities to access the extensive training on offer at KPMG
• Support business development including network building as well as support with development of proposals, pitch presentations and thought leadership
• Develop sector specific market intelligence
• Introduce new ideas to the tea
• Ensure engagement administration, compliance and risk management standards are adhered to
• Support the performance management, coaching and mentoring of junior team members
• Any other duties commensurate with the role.
Alongside the project work there will be opportunities to develop the business, contribute to sales and take advantage of the extensive training and opportunities working at KPMG brings.
Experience and Background
You will be a talented and ambitious senior manager or manager with previous experience of transacting or driving the process for approval of major change programmes in the NHS or private healthcare.
The person would be expected to demonstrate many of the following characteristics, although as a training organisation we are interested in hearing from a broad pool of applicants and helping them develop in the next stage of their career.
• Ability to lead KPMG project teams delivering client engagements;
• Robust knowledge of the NHS and plans for its future and a desire to support practice development to respond to that policy agenda;
• Have strong report and business case writing experience ideally with NHS business cases or HM Treasury case;
• Experience with or interest in benefits quantification, economic modelling and financial analysis;
• Ability to present to senior management and executive teams within the NHS;
• Experience of major change programmes whether in integration, transactions or infrastructure projects;
• Ability to be pragmatic and innovative in problem solving;
• Interest in interaction and dialogue with companies, investors, internal and external stakeholders;
• Ability to coach others and drive forward a team to successfully bring about positive change;
• With support of KPMG leadership, the ability to identify risk and manage commercial and client delivery risks in a high-pressure environment; and
• Project Management skills including planning and prioritise work within deadlines for major change programmes.
The diversity or work, opportunities available, calibre of people you will work with and formal learning opportunities available will undoubtedly help accelerate your career –irrespective of whether you stay for two-years or the rest of your career.
As one of the UK firm's largest regional teams, KPMG's Reading office employs more than 400 professionals who work with companies across the Thames Valley. Our office is located conveniently just off junction 12 of the M4 and offers parking for staff. It is also a short walk from Theale train station.
KPMG Reading has a strong reputation for supporting Thames Valley’s thriving information technology and communications businesses. We also have a large pensions’ advisory capability and one of the largest expatriate advisory practices outside London.
By combining deep sector knowledge with innovative technology, we bring fresh thinking and practical approaches. Our specialist teams in audit, tax and advisory work together to help our clients achieve their goals, including growth strategy, people strategy, cyber security, digital transformation and technology solutions.
We are currently looking to recruit an Audit Manager who will be based in the Reading office.
This will include:
- To manage engagements, overseeing in-charge and audit assistants work ensuring compliance with client, statutory and KPMG requirements, appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements
- Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client, statutory, KPMG and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximised recoverability
- Direct, coach and mentor between 4 and 8 audit staff in a performance manager role taking responsibility for overseeing their portfolio, business and personal issues and delivering feedback throughout the year
- Nurture and seek worthwhile relationships with clients, business departments and staff, for the sharing of information and to identify and progress current and future Audit requirements
- Contributes towards the creation, implementation and delivery of the Audit Business Plan and offer support in relation to issues identified as a result of organisational or client focus change
- Assist the Director and Senior Manager (where applicable) in monitoring the effectiveness of Audit services delivered, providing feedback and reflection on the quality of service accordingly
- Preparation of reports to senior management and Audit Committees
There will be opportunity and encouragement for additional responsibilities outside this day to day role, such as working on tenders for potential new clients and assisting with training courses for in-charges and audit assistants.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Leadership skills and ability to act as a role model
- Drive and resilience and ability to thrive in a pressured environment whilst working as a team with support from Directors, Senior Managers (where applicable) and in-charges
- Knowledge and experience of auditing and experience of systems/controls testing as well as substantive auditing - you will be able to deepen your understanding of consolidations, group audit and review of statutory accounts and disclosures
- Well-developed supervisory skills e.g. coaching and motivation
- Project management techniques; this role will test and develop your expertise in decision-making, analytical skills, time management, organisation and evaluative skills
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, both verbal and written
- Proven research skills e.g. information seeking and knowledge sharing, understanding and interpreting information/applying knowledge
- IT literacy with sound knowledge and experience of Excel/Word.
- Time and exam Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA or country equivalent
- Recent experience as Manager in an external audit capacity, working with large, mixed sector corporate clients.
- Current experience of accounting and financial reporting standards including IFRS and UK standards
- Well-developed understanding of the wider commercial background KPMG operates in demonstrating awareness of the issues facing our clients on a day to day basis
Opening date: 24th July 2020
Closing date: 22nd August 2020
Salary: Competitive salary plus negotiable benefits
Why you might want to join KPMG Legal Services:
You can see the advantages of professional advice being provided within a multidisciplinary team
You are ambitious and perceive the wealth of opportunities presented by an established legal practice in a leading global professional services firm
You want the opportunity to develop client relationships and KPMG’s legal services capabilities
You are excited by the idea of being a member of a team that will grow significantly
You want to broaden your experience and become a more rounded professional
You want to achieve a sustainable work-life balance.
What KPMG Legal Services is looking for from its lawyers:
Team players who enjoy working with people from different backgrounds and disciplines
Approachable people who are keen to develop personally and professionally, and to assist with the development of junior team members
Lawyers with a passion for the law
Intellectually curious, open-minded and analytical people, with an eye for detail and pride in their work
Driven and proactive professionals who deliver a great service to their clients
Relationship builders who can spot and develop new opportunities both within the KPMG network and externally
Flexible people who are able to deal with a fluid, changing work environment.
Role and Responsibilities:
Building and developing positive business relationships within and outside KPMG
Assessing problems from multiple angles to ensure that our clients have comprehensive commercial law advice to support their decision-making
Working collaboratively to devise and driving forward creative legal solutions for clients
Providing our clients with a seamless multi-disciplinary legal implementation service on national and global projects
Assisting clients in the development of new businesses in the start-up phase or when wishing to enter new markets
Advising clients on the legal aspects of changes to their business models,including as a result of adoption of digital and other technologies.
Supporting clients with the legal implementation of their transformation programmes, including group restructuring, outsourcing, large scale technology programmes
Helping clients create, manage, exploit and protect their intellectual property assets.
Qualifications and Skills:
The applicant will be a commercial lawyer with experience of information technology law and agreements. The applicant will have experience in contractual drafting and negotiation gained on national and international projects, across a broad range of disciplines sectors including:
Agreements for the supply of goods and services (intra-group, B2B and B2C)
Agency,distributorship, channel and franchise arrangements
Outsourcing arrangements (both ITO and BPO)
Software licensing, IT services and IT infrastructure arrangements (including public cloud and data centre arrangements)
IP licensing and also research and development agreements
The applicant should also have sufficient data protection experience to draft and advise on data transfer, data processor and data-sharing agreements.
Applicants who have some but not all of the above experience will still be considered.
Experience and Background:
The applicant must be a lawyer with at least 7 years PQE, and be keen to develop and broaden his/her legal skills to include working on multi-disciplinary projects and being closer to the business side of these projects.
The successful applicant will be a self-starter and a strong performer and team player who is focussed on helping to ensure that the team successfully delivers projects for its clients. While consulting appropriately on difficult issues,he/she must be able to deliver robust and appropriate legal advice and exercise sound judgement.
An interest in helping to build the team’s business and relationships will benefit the applicant.
The successful applicant will have experience of working with demanding clients across a wide spectrum of size and activities, and will be expert at service delivery. He/she must be able to demonstrate sound client relationship and business development skills, and a keenness to develop these skills further.
The successful applicant will be expected to take responsibility for servicing and building part of the existing business of the team.
The successful applicant will help promote the team’s work through participating in team and firm events, giving internal and external presentations, and producing expert articles for publication.
Experience in some of the following sectors would be considered helpful:
Financial services (banking, insurance, investment management, payment services)
Transportation (bus, rail, automobiles, mobility as a service)
Digital infrastructure, including telecoms and data centres
KPMG’s Special Situations Group is made up of approximately 85 people, led by a team of seven partners, who are looking to enhance the delivery capability in order to support the next phase of growth.
The team delivers a broad spectrum of restructuring work including lender and company side advisory through a period of distress and/or restructuring, as well as implementation support covering turnaround, transformation and liquidity (both working capital improvement and cash preservation for stressed and distressed situations).
Whilst the team is not aligned to specific sectors there are individuals with significant experience in certain sectors and specific functional and/or sector focus would be considered a benefit. Applicants however will be expected to work across all sectors and situations depending on client demand.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking to recruit an Associate Director to join the team to support the future growth plans to support the broad turnaround, transformation and liquidity offerings.
The vacancy will be based in London, although applicants will be required to work in other UK, European or international based locations depending on client demand.
• Responsibility for delivery of client projects, taking the role as day to day contact on engagements.
• Able to build and maintain strong, trusted adviser relationships with senior management and mid-level executives and other key stakeholders.
• Manage teams of colleagues delivering engagements, ensuring effective delegation and multi-work stream delivery.
• Deliver engagements and projects to scope, time, quality and budget complying with KPMG engagement management practices.
• Communicate views and insights (both in writing and verbally) in an effective and compelling manner to clients and KPMG colleagues, able to adjust style to circumstances.
• Lead the design and development of client ready deliverables with minimal Director and Partner input.
• Work with Partners / Directors across the business development cycle, including development of proposals, client sales presentations and participation in client pitch presentations.
• Coach and develop team members (and client staff) and provide high quality developmental feedback.
• Develop insightful sector points of view on key strategic issues for your chosen sector(s) including leading or playing a key role in a sector campaigns as many SMs do, including attendance of pitches
• Identify, design and lead practice development initiatives, coordinating other members of the team.
• Appraise challenging & fast developing situations and look to develop innovative solutions and assess options for stakeholders.
• Significant involvement in business development activities, including developing pitches and proposals to win new work including participation in pitch presentations.
Qualifications & Skills
• Ability to communicate well across a range of operational and financial staff at all levels including Board Members and other Senior Executives.
• Ability to work innovatively and ‘self start’.
• Ability to motivate a team to deliver outstanding work.
• Desire to build wide advisory skill set and develop knowledge of all Restructuring offerings.
• Ability to leverage personal and firm wide networks to support lead generation.
Background & Experience
• Drive and enthusiasm.
• Strong commercial and business acumen.
• Demonstrable experience in leading multi-work stream advisory projects (successful candidates will need to demonstrate some experience in each of the turnaround, transformation and liquidity disciplines).
• Experience at advising and working alongside a range of stakeholders, including PE firms, Lenders, corporates and internal KPMG stakeholders ie. CST partners and sector leads.
• Experience of being involved in at least one sector campaign.
The use of cloud-based technologies continues at pace and we continue to see that most Procurement transformation programmes demand technology support, and every successful Procurement technology programme involves some ground-breaking activity.
At KPMG’s highly successful Management Consulting practice, we’re working with Financial Services clients to help them understand how technology can drive business performance. As such, we’re looking for outstanding procurement technologists to join us, grow with us, and develop our Procurement Technology delivery capability, driving our strategy through large-scale Procurement Cloud Technology transformation. Part of a developing team in Financial Services that will become our ‘go to’ for Procurement Technology, you will play a key role in the growing of our propositions to sell and deliver large programmes. At its core, this is a real opportunity to build our technology delivery team and influence within a fast-growing business area. To join us, therefore, you’ll need to be inquisitive and have a strong, informed point of view. Of course, this will need to be balanced with an unwavering client focus. You’ll have excellent listening skills, and a proven track record of helping Financial Services clients reach their desired outcomes. We’re looking for self-starters, those with gravitas, credibility, and the natural ability to encourage confidence and empower change. On the technical side, you’ll need a thorough understanding of Procurement Technology solutions including but not limited to Coupa, Ivalua, Basware and/or SAP Ariba.
We are looking for a Senior Manager with a proven track record of selling, procurement technology projects. In particular we are looking for individuals who have led procurement technology strategy programmes, software selection projects and Source-to-Pay implementations.
We are seeking a talented individual with experience of Procurement Cloud implementation. This is a high-profile role within the team, requiring a balance of business development, practice leadership and client delivery. The role reports into the Director of Powered Procurement.
• Understand demand, identify and unlock client opportunities for Powered Procurement in Financial Services by providing the technology expertise to build compelling market propositions
• A deep knowledge of the current procurement technology market
• The ability to build strong relationships at senior levels (c-suite), and a strong existing network
• Experience designing, selecting, supporting and implementing multiple solutions
• The ability to communicate compelling and well thought out solutions to complex problems
• Strong people management skills, with an ability to coach and develop others
• Sales and Business Development
• Leadership and relationship building
• A Technology professional with a proven track record of successful delivery of technology solutions in a consulting environment
• Facilitation and conflict resolution
• Persuasive power to communicate with a variety of partners in the organisation
• Excellent People Leadership
• Strong network in Financial Services Procurement
• Drive and resilience
• Presentation skills
• A track record of client delivery, innovation and procurement transformation using Cloud solutions, at large FTSE/blue chip organisations
• Other core consulting skills, including planning and delivering workshops, structured interviewing, process mapping, data gathering and analysis
UK based. Depending on Client location you will be required to travel and work away from home for periods of time (UK, Europe and internationally), so will need to be willing to demonstrate flexibility.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax, Pensions & Legal, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
As a firm we help our clients navigate their biggest issues and opportunities. We aim to be universally recognised as a great place for great people to do their best work – a firm known for our collaborative and inclusive culture. And we will take pride in driving lasting, positive change in society.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
KPMG’s Infrastructure Advisory Group (IAG) is widely recognised as one of the world’s leading independent strategic advisors in the infrastructure sector. The group has won many awards, including financial advisor of the year (Infrastructure Journal). In the UK, the group consists of over 150 professionals, with locations in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and Edinburgh and is organised as a single national team.
We provide in-depth advice on the strategic, economic, financial and commercial issues driving infrastructure projects spanning the transport, power and utilities and social infrastructure sectors in the UK and internationally.
IAG’s Transport business provides market-leading advice to public and private sector clients including Department for Transport, Network Rail, Transport for London, Owning Groups, Train Operating Companies, Major Airports, High Speed 2, Highways England, Rail Delivery Group, as well as major city region authorities and local authorities.
Over the last decade we have undertaken key roles on high profile multi-billion pound projects and programmes across the UK, these include Crossrail 2, High Speed 2, Mersey Gateway, Northern Line extension and East West Rail. KPMG has long been a pre-eminent adviser in the rail franchising sector. Most recently, we have advised successful bidders on the East Midlands, West Midlands, South Western, East Anglia and TransPennine franchises. Our role in these competitions spans finance, strategy, commercial and delivery plans. We are currently supporting Network Rail design and implement its Putting Passengers First transformation programme.
IAG’s Transport Economics and Regulation team
Within IAG, the Transport Economics and Regulation team works with transport sector clients to develop commercial strategies, produce business plans, value economic impacts, and achieve better outcomes from regulatory policy and regulatory strategy.
Key service lines include:
― Pricing for transport services.
― Efficiency of capital investment.
― Efficiency of transport operations (benchmarking performance and operating costs).
― Economic regulation of transport infrastructure and services.
In response to the increasing demand for advice to support policy, regulation and investment decisions across the transport sector, we are looking for a high calibre, ambitious economist to join the team and play an integral role in the continued development of our business.
Key activities include:
― Undertaking a broad range of economic analysis including:
– Economic analysis
– Cost and performance benchmarking
– Pricing and incentives
– Economic and regulatory impact assessments.
― Writing technical and non-technical reports.
― Business development activities including writing proposals, and seeking out opportunities for new business.
― Developing and maintaining client relationships.
― Working with and managing colleagues.
― General project management and administrative activities.
Responsibility for delivering engagements in collaboration with senior colleagues. This will involve being able to scope work, develop project plans, deliver outputs and present to internal and external stakeholders
We encourage and expect all of our team to play an active role in engaging with clients and internal stakeholders. This includes building relationships, working closely on projects and presenting our findings.
― Experience working for or with an economic regulator, regulated company, economic/financial consultancy or as a government economist.
― Excellent understanding of transport policy, economic regulation and commercial performance.
― Knowledge of airports, railways and local public transport operations.
― Strong technical skills in economic analysis
― Strong report writing skills
― Flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing requirements.
― The ability to identify problems and contribute to the development of solutions, helping us to remain at the cutting-edge of thinking in the sector.
― The ability to develop work which anticipates and can withstand third party scrutiny and challenge.
― Financial modelling
― Econometric analysis