I'm looking for
Search results for "Collaboration, Innovation & Insights"
Investor Insights Assistant Manager
Service Line: Audit
Associate Director - Construction Innovation - MPA
Service Line: Corporate Finance
Innovation Reliefs & Incentives Assistant Manager
Service Line: Claims and Incentives
Strategic Commercial Development Lead
Service Line: IHQ
Service Line: Solutions & Digital
Why does KPMG have an Investor Insights programme?
At KPMG, our vision is to be the clear choice on the future of Audit. With this in mind, it is vital that we engage with investors, as they are the primary readers of our audit reports. We place very high importance on listening to what they have to say and acting on that information.
As part of our vision for Audit – and in light of the initiation of several market reviews and profession-wide concerns – KPMG has embarked on an ambitious and wide ranging Investor Insights Programme with the backing of the Executive Board. Through this programme, we engage with the investor community on the future of audit and discuss how we can deliver genuine value to them through our audits of the businesses they invest in. The objective is to listen to and understand investor needs and determine the actions our firm should take in response.
What does this role require?
We are looking for a talented Audit Assistant Manager with strong communications and organisational skills to help manage the programme on a day-to-day basis.
You will be working alongside the Programme Director and Senior Manager, as well as two sponsoring partners, to discover and interpret the views of institutional investors on the future of Audit – relaying these findings to the firm’s leadership with a view to enhancing the way KPMG performs its audits in future.
You will play an important role in developing and executing an engagement plan with investors and will be responsible for maintaining the lines of communication with the investor community and the wider firm. You will also play a key role in creating thought leadership for the investor community, working closely with professionals in audit and other specialist teams.
Find out more about the role in detail.
What qualifications, skills and personal qualities will I need?
• Audit background advantageous
• Be well organised, detail-conscious, pro-active, hard-working and resilient.
• Have good written and verbal communication skills.
• Understanding of the current audit environment and reviews on the profession.
• Understanding of accounting and audit topics that are of interest to investors (e.g. ESG, going concern, alternative profit measures, capital maintenance).
• Be able to write presentations which convey the key messages in a clear and compelling way.
• Have the ability to build strong networks quickly.
• Be confident interacting with senior stakeholders across the firm.
• Ability to develop monthly reports on progress and achievements.
• Ability to spot potential problems ahead of time and escalate as needed.
• Experience in data analysis and data management (i.e. using Excel – SharePoint also an advantage).
The role in detail
Engaging with the Investor Community
• Engagement plan: Develop an annual engagement plan with the investor community.
• Running event days: You will play a key role in organising and running successful investor events (incl. ensuring the right topics are presented to investors).
Communicating about the programme and its findings
• Managing communications with investors: Sending communications and content to the Investor Community (including managing the drafting of emails), ensuring the appropriate people are reviewing the emails and content, then sending and tracking any feedback received and updating the Content Database where required.
• Managing internal communications: Developing content to be shared with the audit practice and to be included in the trainings to reflect the investors perspective and what they need out of an audit. Analysing feedback received and identifying stakeholders in the firm who want to be informed about any interactions with specific investors and ensuring that they are informed of feedback received from investors.
• Managing the website: Reviewing our online content as required and managing the publication of new content and any updates.
Developing content for the programme
• Collating and developing thought leadership produced by the firm: Identifying and leveraging thought leadership that has already been produced by firm on audit and accounting topics. Identifying how these can be re-written from an investor perspective and assisting with the drafting.
• Project managing the creation of new content: This includes planning meetings with content experts, co-ordinating with copywriters and Create, maintaining version control, sending to reviewers, collating feedback and managing distribution.
• Tracking feedback: monitoring and assessing feedback from investors on audit and accounting topics. Identifying emerging themes and writing reports summarising areas that are of interest for investors.
Managing internal processes
• Liaising with other KPMG functions: Maintaining contact with audit teams, internal specialists, Marketing/PR, Learning & Development, Finance and others where relevant to the investor engagement programme.
• Preparing presentations: Preparing and updating presentations on the programme for key senior stakeholders (including the Audit Executive and the Public Interest Committee). This includes preparing reports on themes emerging from our engagement with investors, proposing solutions to address these and monitoring overall progress on the programme.
KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax, Pensions & Legal, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
As a firm we help our clients navigate their biggest issues and opportunities. We aim to be universally recognised as a great place for great people to do their best work – a firm known for our collaborative and inclusive culture. And we will take pride in driving lasting, positive change in society.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
Infrastructure is evolving: assets are becoming smarter and better connected and modern methods of construction are improving productivity, safety and sustainability. The opportunities for exploiting technologies to drive value from infrastructure and assets have never been greater.
Our Infrastructure Advisory Group (IAG) advises major public and private sector infrastructure owners and operators across all sectors, including Transport, Power & Utilities, and Social Infrastructure in the UK and internationally. Within IAG, our Major Projects Advisory (MPA) practice provides advice and assurance on how projects, programmes and portfolios can be delivered successfully in the infrastructure world. We are strengthening our capability to meet increasing demand from these organisations in support for how to use digitisation and modern methods of construction to unlock value from their assets and infrastructure.
This is a fast growing area offering exciting opportunities building upon a global capabilities in Infrastructure, Major projects Advisory and Data Analytics. We are seeking an ambitious and innovative professional who is passionate about infrastructure and technology, with the skills and desire to combine the two to drive improvements for our clients.
The role requires a good understanding of major project delivery, innovation and new construction techniques, and the ability to work with our wider MPA team on benefits, value and portfolio management. The successful candidate will need to be able to demonstrate their ability to work with a range of people from across the firm to develop tailored propositions drawing upon expertise that best fits the client’s needs and to engage our clients with these value propositions.
You will be responsible for helping grow and deliver our construction innovation business, working with client organisations and other KPMG teams to develop our offerings and value propositions:
- Lead development of our construction innovation value propositions and identify client opportunities
- Develop relationships to identify and shape future solutions and engagements, building on existing relationships - working internally (and externally)
- Lead bid activity
- Lead the day-to-day delivery of engagements, ensuring a consistent high quality in client delivery and leading by example
- Work with KPMG’s global Major Projects Advisory network to identify, develop and deploy appropriate tools and methodologies
- As part of the leadership team, play a key role in helping the MPA team to achieve its strategic business case and develop the team
- Performance Management and mentoring of IAG junior colleagues
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Good experience across major project development and delivery in the public and private sector
- Understanding of operating models, policies, procedures and governance to support successful programme and project delivery in the infrastructure environment
- Able to demonstrate a strong record of delivery in the management of projects, and strong stakeholder management
- Demonstrable experience of delivering construction innovation projects
- Experience working on complex change programmes
- Experience building business cases for funding
Expertise / Technical role requirements:
- Professional qualification in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying and/or Engineering
- Good understanding of modern methods of construction and digitisation
- Excellent facilitation and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to bring complex concepts to life for non-specialist audiences
- Ability to manage multiple projects for multiple stakeholders and balance time across these appropriately
- Grows and develops people working for them and provides effective oversight
- Good team worker and passionate about making things happen
The R&D team is looking to expand with the appointment of a Tax Assistant Manager in the team based in Leeds. R&D Tax Relief provides an incentive to UK businesses carrying out qualifying R&D activity. The team works with businesses from almost every sector of the economy to identify their qualifying R&D activity, quantify it and obtain the R&D incentive relief for them, as well as working with clients to best leverage the Patent Box regime.
Roles and Responsibilities
This Assistant Manager level role is for a scientist, engineer or IT specialist to work with the local incentives personnel to accelerate the growth of our business in this region. You will be required to use your knowledge and experience to help our clients in making claims for R&D Tax relief, as well as Patent Box claims.
You will also be required to:
• Work with the engagement team to develop claim methodologies and prepare R&D tax relief claims and Patent Box claims for submission to HMRC
• Manage overall client engagement, including liaison with KPMG and client staff)
• Work with HMRC specialists to facilitate the agreement of R&D and Patent Box claims
• Advise client technical specialist on the application of the R&D guidelines to their work
• Build an internal network within the wider tax practice of the firm
• Help to establish and maintain strong client relationships with both existing and new clients
• Work with the KPMG finance and tax specialists to ensure that eligible R&D Tax expenditure and Patent income is correctly identified.
• Lead in progressing business development opportunities and to pitch for work with both new and existing clients.
Qualifications and Skills
• Science or technical degree to 2.1 level
• Excellent communication skills in a range of situations with internal team members and senior staff at the client. In particular having an ability to explain complex technical concepts in simple language
• The ability to deal with technical and finance staff on a one to one to basis, conducting structured discussions.
• Capable of producing documentation to a high level of quality for submission to HMRC
• Ability to guide and provide constructive guidance to junior grades to deliver high quality work to the client/HMRC and as part of their career development.
• Very good project management skills and an ability to manage own workload, as well as junior members of the team.
• Excellent problem solving skills
• Team player
Experience and Background
• Experience of working in industrial product or process development
• Project management experience
• Experience with preparing documentation for non-specialists
• Wider interest in R&D and technology development
The Global Collaboration and Knowledge (GC&K) department reports to the Global Head of GC&K and works collaboratively across several teams to deliver an integrated GC&K service. We work closely with other global KPMG functions and our member firms to provide solutions that connect KPMG practitioners to the right insights and help them collaborate more effectively. Our mission is to apply a customer-centric and execution-focused approach to connect KPMG professionals across the globe to the right content to better serve our clients.
You will be responsible for creation of GC&K’s global business pipeline. This includes identifying, analysing and acting upon opportunities to make existing and new customers aware of our core-funded offerings, as well as converting revenue from these customers to our pay-as-you-go model.
You will drive demand generation in a scalable and predictable way through multi-channel, multi touch campaigns across a range of customer segments and solution use cases.
Your responsibilities will stretch beyond a successful close: you will strategically liaise with existing customers to create rapid feedback loops that inform new GC&K solution development and iterative enhancement of existing offerings.
- Build strong internal network of customers and stakeholders
- Identify opportunities to solve the complex business problems of our internal customers
- Drive all commercial development related activities, including creation of convincing commercial development collateral, pitches to GC&K’s customers, bundling & pricing our solutions, and soliciting customer feedback
- Technically lead conversion of leads and opportunities through our sales funnel in our CRM
- Strategically manage sales channels to drive lead generation
- Identify and act upon opportunities for technology-enabled sales automation
- Act as an agile sales SCRUM master to other team members, including planning sales sprints, facilitating standup and sprint review meetings, as well as measuring and improving the velocity of the team by providing continuous guidance and helping clear roadblocks
- Support reporting to senior internal stakeholders on commercial development targets and program goals
- Oversee the development and review of financial analysis to support the profitability and return associated with target projects
- Contribute to new and existing solution innovation by converting customer feedback and industry trends into recommendations to delivery teams and senior leadership
- Train and mentor junior staff and contribute to the overall skills enhancement and experience of the team
“Everyone a Leader” Competencies
- Drive quality: Delivers high-quality products and exceptional service that provide value and exceed client expectations
- Build collaborative relationships: Connects with individuals, teams and organizations to build lasting, collaborative relationships that enable global, firm-wide growth
- Develop and motivate others: Engages teams, instills confidence, and coaches people to find meaning in their work and achieve exceptional results
1. Champion inclusion: Creates an environment in which all people feel like they belong
2. Drive quality: Delivers high-quality products and exceptional service that provide value and exceed client expectations
3. Advance an ethical environment: Takes personal responsibility for the ethical environment of the firm and encourages others to do the same
4. Apply a strategic perspective: Uses diverse sets of inputs to develop a broad perspective on business and people issues
5. Make sound decisions: Exercises sound ethical and business judgment when making decisions
6. Foster innovation: Embraces a culture of innovation and experimentation to create value
7. Demonstrate self-awareness: Focuses on self-development and continuous learning, using insight to build capability and confidence
8. Build collaborative relationships: Connects with individuals, teams and organizations to build lasting, collaborative relationships that enable global, firm-wide growth
9. Develop and motivate others: Engages teams, instills confidence, and coaches people to find meaning in their work and achieve exceptional results
Technical Skills & Qualifications
- Excellent communication, negotiation and forecasting skills
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management skills with existing (or ability to quickly establish) strong relationships with stakeholder individuals and groups at all levels.
- Ability to gather and use data to inform decision making and persuade others
- Ability to assess business opportunities and read prospective buyers
- Ability to orchestrate the closure of business with an accurate understanding of prospect needs
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills to present and synthesize key information in English
- Expert skills in PowerPoint with the ability to create visually pleasing designs for flawless sales collateral and presentations
- Ability to understand and use a cloud-based CRM system
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze contract documents, project reports, and synthesize report findings into forward looking recommendations for project performance improvement
- Knowledge and familiarity to navigate a professional services internal environment
Description of level of Qualifications
- Applicable experience, ideally with a large professional services firm
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in a related field
Experience & Knowledge
- Experience with SaaS or service sales, sales hunting
- Experience in collaborating with multiple international teams across an organization, including leading teams in virtual environments
- Strong leadership track record
Powered Enterprise is KPMG’s world-class accelerated Enterprise Business Transformation approach for cloud-based solutions that uses pre-designed back-office leading practices and KPMG’s six layer Target Operating Model. It enables clients to make better, faster decisions, resulting in a quicker implementation and a faster path to Return on Investment. This solution combines the breadth and scale of KPMG’s leading practice, capabilities and insight into a complete solution for an effective back-office.
The Powered Apps teams are communities of technology focussed professionals who work together to deliver KPMG Powered Enterprise though a standardised delivery model, which drives professional delivery to clients. The teams use their functional knowledge and experience (e.g. Finance, HR, Procurement), coupled with their expertise in the cloud applications (e.g. Oracle, Workday, Coupa) to lead and deliver client programmes, support pre-sales activities and develop improvement and extensions to Powered Enterprise. KPMG are growing their S&D - Powered Apps team to meet an ever increasing demand for our market leading services and are seeking IT management consultants with relevant expertise and experience.
As the growth of our Powered HCM practise continues we are looking for Process Leads who have experience of configuring Oracle or Workday to join our team
• Developing lasting client relationships and actively building a network and range of experience to help address client needs
• Provide compelling and well thought out solutions to problems of moderate complexity
• Experience of implementing at least one module of the relevant cloud platform (Workday or Oracle) (NB there is a strong preference for Payroll skills specifically) so you can bring your learnings to the client about what did (or didn’t!) work
• Leading client facing meetings and facilitation of workshops with larger groups of client teams
• lead an offshore team to design, configure and test a module or process area to successful deployment for a client
• Developing end to end solutions using the best of good industry practise combined with understanding the optionality available within the product.
Our candidates should have strong commercial acumen, hunger to learn and develop and be able to thrive in a really fast paced working environment.
• Educated to degree level
• Strong documentation, reporting and presentation skills
• Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to provide clarity to complex issues, and synthesize large amounts of information
• Experience in a functional and/or technical role in a business or systems delivery environment preferably in more than one sector
• Experience producing project deliverables (business requirements, functional specs, configuration document, process flows, use cases, requirements traceability matrices etc.)
• Strong Microsoft Office skills particularly Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong interpersonal, team building, organisational and motivational skills
• An awareness of key delivery methodologies, approaches and market trends in the industry
• Fast learner with an ability to get up-to-speed in a short space of time
• Experience of working effectively with client functional team representatives
• Self-starter attitude and ability to work well within ambiguity